(2011/05) May 2011

dolly,

yes, i do drink the logan with red dates drinks too on top of any of the other drinks i am taking =)

i stayed in hosp for 1 week so my parents will bring the drink in hot flask to n forth hosp. I just drink coz they boiled it for me. anyway, ned to build ss so i just drink any fluid la. hahaha.

val : yeah... you are so lucky... in fact, my HB's easy too... it's my mum wanted me to go thru this confinement... anyway, it's best to listen to the old wife tales...

Sales!!!

Asos: free shipping

Gap/ON: 30% off!

Enchine,

enjoy ur leave =)

hahaha. i know wat u mean by ur mil putting the stalk of leaves on ur head. my friend faced it too and when she did tat, my friend hit her chin upwards as a sign of defiant! hahahah!

dolly,

u r right. no one gives up seat for me either. They r all blind!

Mummies,

Tonite i will b gg to see my gynea. He said tat we can know the gender today. Hope bb will co-operate with us. Very curious to know.

Confinement,

I use crying approach to my mum to let her allow me to bathe. I scratch my hands till red red and I pleaded CL to let me wash hair and bathe. I was abt to cry when my mum dun allow tat. When they see i abt to cry, they gave in coz old pple say during confinement, we cant cry if not will go blind.So I won! I wash my hair on the 7th day and everyday. Use herbal to bathe 3 times a day.

dolly,

no point making myself go thro those confinement rules tat i dun believe in.

anyway, i have friends whose mums oso nv follow the old confinement rules and till date they nv complain...in return, they oso told my friends dun have to follow. hahahah.

so i feel depend on individual and oso the person doing the confinement for u. as I have some friends who CL oso told them its ok...most impt is to eat well, rest well.

Val & Auroa - I also bath twice and wipe twice a day, I wash hair the very day I discharged fr hospital, and then wash every other day :p my CL that time keep nagging at me..but I just can't take the sweating me without bathing and washing hair..how to bf wor!

Now I'm a bit regretted for not listening la and I on aircon almost 24-hr, also ceiling fan on living room. I din wear long sleeve long pants too. Just nursing gown haha..

This round I think I will still bath but washing hair probably I'll have to loon-loon-loon. Ever since after birth, I have this headache prob haunting me whenever the weather change eg. sunny day to cloudy to rain. This resulted me lately I'm popping panadols [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Penny,

Keep us updated on the gender =)

Ya, old ppl say cant cry during confinement but i cry a num of times coz some bu zi dong ppl angered me =P

morning everyone...

wow...all starting to hv backaches le...actually..i had tat like approx 3-4wks back liao.cun walk too long also.& like bend dwn or squat dwn take something when u stand up..oredi ache..hai...but nowadays i oso start to feel legs numb very easily even when sat dwn for a short while.....

apple,

when u stayed in hosp oso in aircon room 24x7 le...delivery room oso aircon le...

i have v frequent migraine before i have my #1..nw its less often le...

Dolly, think you same fate as me...but i think maybe you better can me, can wash hair...I did not wash my hair for 1 month and my hair is super oily..i cannot stand myself..ask hubby to sleep far away from me.

And i need to drink longan and brown rice water everyday..but i am lucky for my confinement food, i can eat anything cause all vegetarian, i no need to avoid food like seafood etc..my mum even cook western food for me cause i picky eater.

I also need to wear slipper but luckily no need to wear long sleeves.

val : i cried too lor... on the 3rd day, after my discharge... sigh... just becoz my HB rebuked my aunt over a small matter... told em off if they wanna see me in PNB... my aunt then shut-up...

Val- that's what I told CL, hosp also aircon..

I don't think I'm going to have CL this round coz I'm c-sec mummy, first 2-3wks I can't eat a lot of stuffs so CL actually very eng just brew tonic soup and steam fish for me to eat or fried lean meat. By the time I can take chicken and other stuffs, she is time to go home. Futhermore, I noticed my CL ask my maid to clean the kitchen and wash my clothes. Find her very free and I'm fully BF, so she just do nothing but watching tv while I bf lo. A bit angry with her but my hb said nvm just endure 28days. Imagine we are paying her $1.8k + $280 ang pow + all her meals..I must well use the $$ cater confinement food and ask my maid to cook for me.

In fact after she left I still cater confinment food for another 14days..that's when I get the "bu".

wayne : maybe you wanna buy this dry shampoo powder? ask my HB to buy if for me while doing confinemet... tot can loon till end of 28 days... but can't loon anymore...

dolly,

duno its us or them...like my mil, came to the hosp at 3pm stayed till 5pm...then they went out and came back at 10pm at nite...insisted on wheeling my baby who went back to the nursery liao...so fedup i called my mum n cried...coz they chit chat in the room hw i rest n bf!?

apple,

ya lo...my hb oso said the same, baby borned in aircon room, i stayed in aircon room why cant enjoy aircon. hahaha.

u mean if c-sect, the menu will be diff frm those who delivered naturally mah?

i wldnt be getting CL oso as I will ask my dad n mum to do for me..but my dad worry he may nt have as much energy as he did when he do for my #1....

mommies...really cannot wash hair at all meh?i tot at least bathe in d afternoon with herbal water,wash hair le immd dry with hair drying shld b ok ma..or mayb altn 2 3 days wash lor..but wah liao..1mth dun wash & dun bathe..like wat other mommies say earlier..BF wor so sweaty & sticky. all oso go into BM.stil hygiene meh?

Val - for c-sec first 2 weeks cannot eat chicken. Only pork, fish, selected vege allowed. And imagine my CL everyday make pork rib soup for me and stir fried pork or steam fish..I eat till I sien. Later on I found out she actually pre-fried the ginger garnish on top the fish for a few days..means do it at one go and keep in container. I see liow super angry..my aunt said I not suppose to eat pre-prepared food or something. And I told her to fried fish and make a bit of sauce on it...she said I'm so fussy eater! I nearly wanna tell her off that I pay her to cook for me she suppose to cook what I wanna eat ler. The $$ she took, she only do 1/3 of her job. My fren told me she not suppose to ask my maid to wash my clothes + cleaning the kitchen after cooking and washing dishes. That's her job..but I just too tired to be bothered la

wash hair - my hb suggested once a week during hot sunny day I pop by opposite plaza hair saloon to wash my hair and get them to dry thoroughly for me wor..do u think this is good idea?

val : exactly... then you know, when my HB brought my NB to polyclinic to check for her jaundice... came back & told me that she's above 100%... then i cried too... really cried for any small matters..., no BM for 1st 3days, also cried... then my HB sensed that i've mild PNB... he took leave and accompanied me & give me as much as support as he could...

mudpie : think it's up to individual la... see whether are you "pang tang" or not lor... or whether your mum wants you to go thru these...

wash hair : means will have headache coz the wind goes in... during my confinement month, my room air con is on 24/7 for 28 days... then will wipe myself twice a day... will have to wipe 1st before BF...

dolly, yes my mum got buy the dry shampoo powder for me, cause i told her if she can't manage to find, I will wash my hair before I go back to TMC for checkup, 1 week after delivery. So she comb the whole AMK to buy for me.

wah! u all so fast into confinement topic.

the last time i did confinement was in Dec, suppose to v cooling, but i still feel v hot. Bath in herb water everyday, use pickle heat powder as i got heat rash during my 3 week. Ate 2 half boiled eggs+ chicken essence + a cup of milo every morning...can u imagine, i was sick of eggs and stay away for 1 year.

apple, your idea is good, u can enjoy at the same time.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif], your CL is bad..my mum cook food and drink for me and bath bb for me and daytime she will help me abit to look after bb and at nite i will look after myself

mudpie, i only bath alternate day after 12th day of confinement. Must bath at noon with hot herbal water. Just cannot wash hair for 1 month but thats already very er xin. But I wipe myself 2-3 times a lot cause i feel very dirty if i dun wipe before bf.

apple,

oh. okok. coz my friend has c-sect and she asked me wat i had. i told her mainly fish n lean pork...then she told me c-sect menu n normal delivery menu is diff and i was like huh? i didnt know tat....

true la...she sld be the one washing urs n the baby clothes...but really lo, we really dun wan to bother much tat month...just hope someone can take care of all the things n dun give trouble can le.

go salon blow dry is gd idea but will have salon smell ur mum will know nt? =P

dolly,

yup...we get emotional quite easily...when i was told my boy cant be discharged on the 3rd day i cried too =P and insisted on stayed in the hosp till he can go back hm =P

i think mayb hormones at wk...so support is really impt during tt period...my hb took 3weeks leave to help out at hm.

bubble pearl,

think during confinement, drink plain water oso feel hot lo. eat meals oso feel hot....i will be perspiring as i eat/drink. cant stand it!

bubble pearl, your confinement bf almost same as mine, need to take 2 fried eggs, 6-8 vege siew mai, 1 cup of milo and 1 bottle tonic.

Talking abt half boil egg, i miss it a lot leh, and have to tolerate after delivery..still so far away.

wayne_mummy,

me too...saw my hb took half boil eggs and i was eyeing it...ren ren ren~

bubble - my CL was intro by my ex-colik. Her aunt fr Msia..that's y my hb ask me to loon..don't argue with her. No good during confinement month too..later I also PNB!

Yes, I think my hb idea quite good, I might consider doing that at least I get shoulder and head massage also they will blow very dry for us.

talking about egg, c-sec also can't take egg. My food very miserable..think liow also sien but no choice my gynae doesn't encourage VBAC..sigh sigh

but i think cannot wash hair 3 days oredi oily & stinky le...omg omg omg!!!!!!

cannot lah...i think compromise like bathe fast fast...at least once a day...wash hair d most don do everyday..altn 2 3 days.then blow dry lor...if not oily scalp..my hair drop more leh..wait confinement finish..i botak liao..

Val - I don't have old folks staying with me..I can make decision on a lot of things..hehe

Oh, salon smell? No la, u can bring your own shampoo and my granny gave me those traditional medicated essense to apply on scalp, probably will have to bring along ask them massage in for me after wash.

for my 3 deliveries, i started bathing and washing my hair the next day at the hospital. used to washing my hair every day. can't tahan don't bath and wash hair. just try to keep myself warm.

dollyqueencess, my youngest one also had high jaundice. hospitalised for 3 days to put him under the light. I also everyday cry at the hospital until can finally bring him home.

Wayne's mummy, i dun understand why must take eggs!!! i loves eggs but not everyday. this time round, i told my mum ,i want eat different stuff. at my week 3, my friend call me up and ask me if i want some of confinement leftover food cos she end her liao..wah..it was a relief for me, cos her mum's food are all western type, like chicken chop, pork chop lah..yummy!

Val, my mum forbid me to drink plain water so i have to do it behind her back..can u imagine, i am like a thief, sneak into the kitchen and quickly take a slip of plain water..wah..my only beverage is longan tea n milo..sick of it!

dolly, same here, i also cry when i keep hearing my mil say my boi resemble my hb..and nothing abt me. that time i keep nag at my hb..ur son ah ur son ah..till he "zi dong" correct his mother

muddpie,

another method is, u get ur CL and ur mum to go marketing tog, then ask ur hb help u "see water". so when they go out quickly go n bathe! hahaha.

wayne : ya lor... i also have to wipe myself when i feel i'm sticky... & tried to make myself clean before BF...

val : even my HB also told me... it's normal for BB to have jaundice & will recover after few sun-bathing... maybe now, you wil feel it's ok... but after delivery, will get emotional easily...

apple,

oh! then easy la! hahaha. ur mum or mil wldnt pop by??

bubble pearl,

ask ur hb to conspire with u la...hehehe. tats wat my hb did when i complain i was hungry n super thirsty but the nurse refuse to let me eat nor drink...coz i was still trying to deliver! hehehhe. my hb is my partner in crime =P

dolly,

think hubbies are more rational ppl...while mummies more emotional...aft all we just delivered our precious...when i was told my boy have G6PD deficiency, i oso cried like nobody biz...so long as anyone mentioned the word, i will cry...even tho i know its v common among boys but why my boy??

bubble pearl,

say hubby bathed lo! hahahah. tats why must conspire with hb! hehehe.

mudppie,

dun say i teach u ho! hwhehe.

chris : hahah... tot i'm the only one who cried when hearing my girl got jaundice... oh yeah... worst still, she's need to do blood test for high jaundice too... then i cried again after hearing that... then saying things like " why? she's so tiny, why need to drew blood from her?"... cried non-stop....

bubble : when MIL told me that my BM not enuf for her, cried secretly inside the room... told my HB that i'm trying so hard to BF my own kid... why don't these people understand us? luckily, my HB support me...

val : agree... they (HB) really have to be rational @ these point of them... they can't collapse too... we really cry for some/any silly reasons...

Val, they will smell mudpie how come so "xiang" ah...hahahahaha

Val, hb working leh..daytime thirsty how..somemore tat time my SIL ard too..so i got 2 pair of eyes looking at me.

dolly, can understand how u feel..our hb hor will only understand when we cry..hahaha! that why i insist want him to see i deliver! let he know what i am gog thru!

bubble : exactly... i told him i want him around when i'm going for deliver... then he will treasure / cherish us more... all these pain that we are bearing...

wah wayne...u really follow the rules strictly wor...

i bathe the very day i deliver liow...hw not to when its so hot n sweaty...i can't imagine...

everyday i will bathe in herbal water n wash hair...luckily my mum is ok with that...hee hee...

bubble pearl,

hmmm....use unscented shower gel and shampoo? hehehe.

dun say i teach u ah, ask ur hb to fill up a 1litre bottle of plain water n hide in the wardrobe. =P

actually having hb ard during delivery is v impt...coz they give morale support n oso is our pillar of strength...i cldnt imagine hw i can deliver my boy if he cldnt make it back to sin on time lo....

Val - mum passed away..MIL is kinda like step mum of my hb, so no right to speak :p only my FIL might telling me this and that..so I prohibit their visit till I full month. That's y I said I only see them during occasions and my hb is not close to his family either. Someone with my dad standing on my side, they sort of keep their mouth shut.

apple,

oops. i am sorry...

then no need to think so much la, just go salon wash n blow dry as n when u like =) got massage somemore =)

i am thinking to go for a hair trim in jan just before cny...but sian is they will nt massage the head n shoulder nw tat i am preg. so nt so shiok liao!

hahaha....Val...ahahah...i jus cun help laffing..LOL

hvn decided if 1 get CL anot..mayb another 1-2mths will decide..at 1st i tot 1 ask for catering de..then my frens say alot of washing for mum to b done & bathe bb & help take care...so c wat mom agrees on 1st lor..

Anybody got contacts for CL who dun stay overnite 1 ah?

but i oso feel ever since preg le hor...very emotional leh..sometimes read other threads abt sad news..like wanna cry liao..& little bit thing oni emotional sets in...hai...

Val, u really idea 1 leh...hide ur plain water in wardrobe...wahahhaha

bubblepearl..then i wil tell my frens..u 1 free fragrant 'mudpie' cum my hse visit me...LOL

wats for lunch tdy everyone...?

Luann, because my mum nag everyday...bo bian..I told her this time round I want to wash my hair.

I also cry during confinement when my milk supply is low..then my mum is like discouragine me, the moment she sees me cry, she say my supply is good enough liao...

then my poor boy kanna hospitalise with brochitlis when he is 2 months old..KNS KKH refuse to admit him..until i brought him back to TMC,pd ask me why come in so late, already acute..made me cry so hard.

So I told hubby i will never go back to KKH again..until recently he diagnose with Thalasiemma then bo bian have to go back for test.

seems like we all cried shortly after delivery.. me 2 after hearing gynae said that cannot discharge and need to stay further in hospital.. then my girl got high jaundice, also cry.. when finally get home and i carried my bb ard the house and told her that's where she will stay for now and she shook her head, i also cry... small things that my CL and i dun see head to head and i will hid inside the room w my bb and cry.... i think i cried for nearly 2 weeks before i finally "calm down"... my gynae even told hubby if he found me disoriented, will need to bring me back to hospital ASAP...

i can't stand no bathing and april was so hot when i did my confinement.... read that some of u bath more than once a day... i only bath once a day and still feel so warm and sweathy... for the 2nd confinement, i still want to bath but with the da feng ai bah and pour lots of powder over me... hehehehee...

val : agree... that they are our morale support as well as our pillar of strength.. even at this point of time too...

mudpie : me too... also get emotional easily and even for my last preggy... cried easily... then my mum told me, must have happy thoughts then bb will be happy... so after delivery, my NB kept crying for the 1st 3 mths... then asked my massage lady, is it i cried too much so my NB cried so much too... she told me, nonsense... they have to cried so their lungs will be strong, things like that... so told myself, i will try not to cry too much for my 2nd preg...

Val - no worries..already past for so many yrs.

Now on off I go salon for hair cut & hair wash, also no massage very sien. Tell u a joke, my girl is seriously pampered, she enjoyed hair wash @ hair salon! faint..she will bring her shampoo whenever I told her we go che che there cut hair..haha

Mudpie - my dad ask me look for part time CL like 1/2 day for 1 to 2 weeks wor just help to look after bb. I guess not easy to get local..

alternatively my aunt so cute la..give me idea if I wanna bath bb, use surgical gloves :p she said this is what my cousin did in OZ during confinement.

Wayne - how u know he is Thalasiemma carrier? U did blood test for him? Y must go KKH? Wah..this is something new to me coz I tot bb or young children will not go thru blood test until they r slight older like 7YO.

mudppie,

hahaha! i have notti ideas to do bad things. whahaha. =P

ya. indeed quite alot of washing - washing of dishes, mummy's clothes, nb clothes

think i am going for soup based again...the entire morning i have this feeling as if a ballg is stuck in my throat but i cant get it out nor burp it out...

wayne_mummy,

hw cum KKH refuse to admit ur boy?

dolly,

true, even nt hw we gonna survive the 40weeks n the many days n yrs aft tt?

Back