(2011/05) May 2011

Winnedy, I bought from the bulk purchase thread. I bought 2 so I can interchange.

Actually I prefer to train directly at the toilet bowl, no need to wash potty...

Winnedy, actually not true lei, his cousins are all quite big liao, mostly Pri3 and above. There is a twins girls that are 1 yr older than him which he can play with.

Wayne, I am also a lazy mummy, my boy only go diaperless at night when he reaches 4, I also realised that his diapers are dry so I ask him not to wear it anymore.

Winnedy, it will be very tiring to train him as I may need to wake up at night to change his clothes and bedsheet if he wet himself or even need to go toilet with him, so even thru I knew he could hv go diaperless earlier, I rather wait loh. Now he dun even wake up at night to pee. But once in awhile he will wet his pants if he drinks too much of milk.

Winnedy, my boy is 4. Same as melody, I din train him for night time, wait till his diaper is dry for at least a few months then I told him he will go diaperless once the last pc is used up.

Dolly n melody, thanks!!

Wayne - good to hear that your result is good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] stay positive..cheers

Hi ladies,

I am selling away the spare parts for the Avent Duo electric pump.

It consists of 2 funnels, 1 tubing set and the control handle. Totally brand new. gotten it from the philips service centre in sept. am selling it away as my hubby got me the medela freestyle instead. original price was $170. willing to let it go at $160. collection at tanjong pagar MRT station on weekdays.

Interested parties, pls sms me at 98635226.

Thank you!

mummies : anyone having / or starting to have backache? if i were to stand/walk too long, my back will start to break into two and my legs will start to feel heavy...

any mummies start to face this problem?

dolly, i already have this problem. My lower back is pain everyday if i sit/walk/stand too long.

If i go shopping, 2 hours only, i buay tahan liao..need to ask hubby to massage for me every night.

dolly, how heavy is yr bb now? normally if the bb gets heavier, will start to hve backache or the posture will cause backache too.... or are u carrying yr girl often?

good morning mummies....

dolly take care and dun walk too much....i dun have this problem yet....but sometimes i do feel the pressure at the V area if i were to stand or walk too much....

anyone still plague by MS.....mine's like going away but on off still merlion.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

wayne : yeah... i went shopping with my HB on wed, after walking from mandrain hotel to isetan scotts... my back will start to ache...

auroa : my girl's 10kg... only carry her if she whines...

do you think it's early to do pre-natal massage?

dolly, that's a long walk... my girl is ard 12kg... i carried her to see PD previously when she hve viral fever.. walked from my blk to downtown east side to draw money and catch a cab... really heavy and it caused me to hve 2 days brown discharge and cramps after that...nowadays when she wants to be carry, i will sit down and carry her aka sit at my lap lah...

i think can do pre-natal massage bah.. my facial cum massage lady said she can do for me either at home or over at her shop once i preg.. haven contact her to make arrangment...

morning ladies. TGIF =) feeling so sleepy this morning.

wayne_mummy,

congras on the gd results =)

dolly,

me!! if i stand/sit too long or carry my boy too long then i will start to feel lower back ache.

luann_mummy,

ms still with me, esp morning period. sometimes evening period too.

Good morning! It's Friday..yeh yeh

dolly - I'm having sore neck + shoulder plus aching prob on my left thigh area if I sit on one position for too long. Gynae said my veins are thin, so early stage I started to feel pressure [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] he recommends me to go swimming.

I can't walk long too..2hrs shopping is killing me badly

val / apple : yah lor... especially the lower back is going to break... apple, me too also have sore neck/shoulder aching too... i've tried to swim... maybe long time never swim.. extremely aching when you are lying on the bed...

dun know whether age is catching up or due to pregnancy, i find that sitting at the floor playing with my girl after some times, my back tends to "suan" liao... hve to find something to lean on...

dolly - my gynae just yesterday told me I can go for light shoulder & neck massage, any massage as of now avoid tummy. Don't use salonpas plaster or any muscler rub ya!

Auroa - I have this prob..even bending down too long I have backache too. My aunt told me coz during #1 confinement I don't listen to old wives tale :p not suppose to sit too long and legs resting on floor. Have to raise the leg on bed level when sitting and must rest in sleeping position whenever I can wor..she reminds me when having #2, better watch all these or else when age catching up, I'll feel the pain and ache more often [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

dolly, i also went shopping on wed, walk from Ion to 313, buay taha, must go home liao. And I din really shop, only go taka buy something then walk to 313 and take bus home.

I think after 5 month safer to do massage. Hubby doing lower back massage for me, we learn during Mrs Wong's antenatal class last time.

i think coz we are oso ageing so our body parts are nt as gd as in the past. oso, nw preg, our muscles tends to relax more so causing the aches here n there. before i got preg with my #2, my backache nt so gd.

apple,

i didnt have a traditional confinement. i bathed more than 3x per day with normal water, wash my hair, drink 100+, orange juice etc etc...

apple, during my confinement, i bath everyday and din wear slippers at home.. CL said that must wear slippers to avoid contact with the cold floor (actually she will said that when we hve visitors, after they are gone liao, she cannot be bothered liao).. when my period comes, occiasonally i will hve terrible backaches like the lower back is going to break off... my sis said that i din do a good confinement too... sigh...

EnChine,

I had been tucking pillow under my back when i sleep since i know i m pregnant. Coz i read somewhere that there might b aching in the back. For my #1, i also did the same, once i know preggie, i put pillow. #1 no prob. #2 is notti, causing me lots of pain. I also intend to do some ligt exericise but my MS and back pain comes together. Now MS better but back so pain, i can only do stretching.

Ur MIL really very kua zhang lei, wanna a grandson to the extend of asking u to go qiu shen. When we go pray pray, we pray for good health for our loved ones. Too supersitious also no good. Hope ur hubby will understand. Gg to such ritual sometimes might require u to drink the fu shui and u now pregnant, not safe to do that. Better tink twice also. kids r gifts from God, no matter is boy or girl, we juz hope he/she will b blessed with good health.

enxuan,

Congrats! u so fast know the gender liao ah. How many weeks u r in now?

Val,

u got any recommendations on the malay massage lady?

dolly,

Hi 5! my back pain is killing me. Pain to the extend that i wanna cry. Pain even even i sneeze. Cant sit nor stand more than 5 mins.

Wayne's mummy, the back massages that Mrs Wong taught is really useful... my hubby used to do for me when i was pregnant in 3rd trimester... nowadays i complaint to him abt backache, he will said rest more... sigh...

Val, thanks!!

Dolly, I went taka buy xmas present then take a rest at mac and after a while go home liao..I used to shop from day to night one, now 2 hours, cannot liao.

My friend also say during confinement must always lie down, after eating must lie down, cannot sit..I always sit on the sofa and watch tv and keep walking during confinement.

Val, my mum refused to let me wash my hair and I did not wash it until 1 month later..if i go hopsital check, I need to use dry powder, very er xin..and I can only bathe using herbal water with lemongrass after 12 days and is alternate day hor...I hate confinement...

I told my mum this time round i want to wash my hair after the 12th day!!

Auroa, actually now my hubby also lazy liao, last time he do it for me without fail, and the arms massage so shu fu, now i have to tell him, then he do.

Wayne's mummy, last time when we dun hve kids, ask my hubby to do anything he ok...after we hve our girl, he's seems to switch off liao... hint hint and directly tell him, he also dun move... at least yr hubby still do for u in the end.. in the end, i go and buy the massage long stick (looks like a hammer) and hit at my back... no choice hve to do DIY liao...

val : wow.. i salute you lei... don't you have any sign of symptons?

auroa : i can only bath after 14 days later & it's with the "da feng ai" herbal baht... i do have the habit of wearing bedroom slipper. but don't have the habit of wearing long sleeve & pants... my massage lady keep asking me to wear long sleeve/pants to prevent wind... but never listen to her... told her it's so hot & can't even have the fan...

penny : oh... thanks for reminding... will tuck a pillow beneath my back... everytime after knocking off, will take train back... @ this point of time, no kind soul willing to offer seat... some can after looking @ you then pretend to sleep... so most of the time, i'll take a cab home with my HB...

val, actually envy u can do that... i ganna nag by my mil, mother and aunt that i didn't do this and this for my confinement...

dolly, i hve to beg my confinement lady to brew the da feng ai for me to bath... at first she said alternate days will brew for me.. then become 3 days then 1 week then brew for me... anyway, in the hospital for 6 days, i everyday bath too.. so she dun brew for me, i also bath but with warm water lor...

wayne : same too lor.. last time can shop the whole day... now not even after 1 hour liaoz... me too on confinement... after finish my meals... i also didn't go back & lie down... then my mum, aunt & MIL will keep reminding me to go back & rest... and avoid walking/bending/squating too much...

auroa : my HB never initiated to massage for me unless i'll keep telling him that my back's aching so much... then his heart is pricking with consience... then start to massage about abit...

auroa,

all along i have backaches when i have menses esp during heavy flow le...and i dun wear slippers when doing confinement too lo. so i just think tat it has nthing to do with confinement but rather as we age, our body parts are just nt in gd condition as before.

hahahaha. nwadays when i ask my hb to help me massage, he will say "wait till ur tummy bigger la". hahahaha

penny,

PM u on the lady who did post natal massage. mayb u can check with her if she do pre-natal massage?

wayne_mummy,

coz i had v bad rashes due to hormones gone haywired...so i cant stand nt bathing. surprising my parents (who did my confinement) were ok. they did try to boil those herbs for me to bathe but i dun like...so they let me be lo...coz they know i am stuborn..if i make up my mind le, i wldnt change my mind =)

dolly,

signs of symptons of nt following the traditional confinement? i do eat confinement food since my dad cook but the rest as per normal...

i dun feel the chills tat ppl says when weather turns cold... sg weather so hot, how nt to bathe? esp may/june period so hot....and for hygiene purpose...the confinement rules may have been set in the olden days where weather is nt so hot lo...

so far, i dun really feel any symptons, mayb when older? hahaha. anyway, as we age, our body parts will also age with us so its unavoidable....

auroa : for my 1st 14 days... i only use the dry shampoo powder to dry clean my hair... even my HB complained that i smelled terrible... only after my mum prepared "da feng ai" bath for me... he then compliment that i smelled slightly better...

val : besides cold water, i can't even take those room temp plain water... claim that it's "cooling"... so from am to pm, from 1st day to 28 days... having drinking the "longan, red dates/ginger" drink...

dolly,

hahahah! 1 thing i am lucky is tat, my hb supports watever decision i make. if i dun wanna stick to the old confinement rules, he is fine. i wanna drink cold water he is fine too but he will ask me nt to drink too much la. so i am glad i have his support if nt i will go crazy...coz my temper was really bad during tat period.

Morning Mummies! Am on leave today to nuah at home. Intend to do retail therapy later and check out some winter clothes. Sooooo long din shop liao. *drooling*

Hannah> don't expect too much on yourself. Anyway it's not you who decides the gender. I feel these kind of things is fated. Life is short, i don't want to live by others expectations and make myself miserable.

Apple> i am also like a guest to my PIL's place. Heng i stay and work overseas, so really very limited period to see each other - at most only twice a yr, hehe. Actually, one of the reason i am still staying behind and not going back is also because i know if i go back, i will have to face all these issues of staying with my PIL or having our own home, one week shld visit them how many times etc etc, and i really really don't want to tink abt it. My husband is the eldest and though he knows it's best we stay apart, he keep trying to brainwash and pre-empt me that one day we might still need to stay together as he need to take care of his parents. My FIL is still ok, but my MIL is the really superstitious, sensitive, sort even though she act as though she is very "kai tong". This "qiu shen" for a boy is but one of the episode i have with her. Last time on our marraige day, she also put some stalk of leaves on my styled-up hair ok when we are doing the jing cha. i think it's those kind of olden practice to "ya" the daughter in law and she is STILL doing it. I am quite bo chup and don't believe in such things la, so i just lun and never flare up at her, but my mother super angry. :p

winnedy> actually i am quite bo chup type, if she happy she go and do whatever she want, as long as i don't have to join in. Like whenever we go back, she will want us to join her to go and "wen shen", this is her favourite pastime. I told my husband i don't like it even though i am a buddhist ("wen shen" and "bai bai" is really different), so he try not to involve me as much as possible. Now she also bring my 2 yr old daughter to go and wen shen, but i never go. Think my MIL probably also dislike me cos i so uncooperative but she just lun... wahahaha. My hubby told me what my MIL ask the shen about my daughter.... and it is.... "how come she still cannot be toilet trained??!!" wah lau... i can also tell her the answer.. cos we never train her ma... sometimes really roll eyeball.

For back ache, i feel that yoga helps. Maybe can go for those pre-natal yoga class?

Back