(2011/05) May 2011

Melody

Do not worry so much, my gal has gone for no poo for a week and she is on full bf, PD says its very common and means that bb is digesting well. Observe bb for another two days and see how.

mummies, me having a little prob here..I am trying to clear my frozen ebm as a lot of them are coming to 3 mths le, so now i give one pack of febm to my gal every day plus her usual feeds. But becos of the reduction in latching, my ss drop so much...I'm scared I dont hv enuff to store when I go back to work in 2 weeks time..my mum say give FM, but she's never tasted fm b4.. shld I start her a bit now??? in case when i gi back work can't express enuff to satisfy her and she can be crying like mad at hm...me a paranoid mummy..

Also, PD says my gal has eczema, so if want to start on FM, have to get hypoallergenic kind..any recommendations for brands?? my #1 was on similac all the way..also, the PD says she wants me to start bb with rice cereals at 4.5mths...I asked her if that will trigger more allergies since WHO suggests 6 mths...hmm..dilemma...for #1, I started her only in 6mths exact to be safe...any mummies in the same situation as me??

Vicki: Almost finishing the whole bottle before can see the results. Taking 6 tablets 3 times a day.

So angry with my husband. Yest out of nothing he kept saying I'm a da xiao jie. I'm the only one taking care of baby and no helpers at all. Instead of appreciating or thanking me, he can make such sarcastic remarks. Then just now when spoon feeding baby with water he kept scolding n say that I feed too fast. Kept saying n saying like he very clever like that. But he didn't even feed before. All he knows is to say say say only. Really felt like leaving the house n leave baby for him to take care alone, then he will know the situation n keep his mouth shut!

xuanmin, y dont u pump & freeze new ebm during d replacement feed? my supply also drop since i started work last wk cos trying to adjust my timing. it dosent help tat i left my pisa in office & use d avent manual pump at nite wic yield very little & d lack of slp cos my gal change her timing too. & she's been sick so haven been drinking well so supply drop further. anyway just keep latching during night/wkend, d supply should be able to maintain. else can also consider supplements (tho i am still trying to find 1 that will assist me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] )

anyway, i swear by NAN HA though the poo is superbly smelly, abit softer & greenish. but compare to other milk, my #1 seldom have phlegm.

my pd also recommend to start cereal fr 4mths onwards for #1 tho WHO recommend 6mths. i guess depend on whether bb's neck is stable enuf & whether they start showing symptoms if they r ready for weaning. for #1, his neck was stable very early & he show symptoms like keep staring at u when u eat & has d swallow reflex. so i started abt 4.5mths wif heinz 1st cereal (blue box) tat has no milk powder in it thus reduce d chances of allergies.

update on iud:

hb dosent feel anything on his side. on my side, it's been 2.5wks since i put, slight spotting almost every wk [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]. but not sure is it due to iud or i tend to spot even when bf. i juz discuss wif my frenz & they also check wif their gynae. seems like my gynae's very cheap but i guess only mine use copper iud tat last 5yrs. my frens' gynae all recommend plastic iud tat last 5yrs but cost $500-$600. (but d copper iud theirs offer is 3yrs so also diff fr mine) copper iud will have side effects like heavier menses etc & risk of etopic pregnancy. whereas plastic will have lesser menses cos it's hormone controlled.

Starfruit, apple: Thanks. I just saw a BP on Lamaze toys…

Val: Is your boy the very active type? I think mine got high metabolism n coz he’s very active. Food got digested v fast. The result of mummy power is Panda eye bags!

Hairloss: what shampoo is good for treating hair loss? My hair kept falling off... I don’t even dare to tie or pin my hair now.

Xuanmin: you can try Nan HA 1. HA stands for hypoallergic. I thought bb can only take semi-solids at min 6 mths onwards?

Jenny: I think its really not easy on you being a first time mummy caring for a bb with no help and still manage to TBF. He should be more appreciative. For my no1 I left bb with hb to go do marketing for a few hours during weekends. At least hb gets a feel on how its like to be with bb alone. If he can’t handle, he will phone you back urgently.

@little fly: heh, talk bout letting the hb have a feel of how its like.. yest i told hb to try out what im doing on a normal wkday (i.e. taking care of bb etc). Just half a day and he complain its v xiong liao and wen to zzz after saying "mummy can take care!" Ironically, in the evening he offered to stay home n tk care of bb while i go out with mum. I rejected the offer in the end..lol~ Worried he really cant handle and jus dont bother. my gal has feeding problems and not easy to manage her cries etc.

mummies with freestyle, just wanna check rgd freestyle. one of my valve is not working despite the membrane is moving and parts are dry and properly placed.. any idea what's wrong?

Sunflower: haha. Asked hb to bath Bb n he said mummy can handle but he will ask me to go out for time off on wkend after I feed Bb. I tell him I rather catch up on my sleep. My time off is go marketing w my maid during my no 1's nap time which is a window of 2 hrs.

Little Fly: I ignored my husband n dun talk to him after that n he even got the cheek to say I'm petty. Ur husband so nice, ask u to go for time off. I told my husband I'm going out this Sat coz I haven't see my doggie for two weeks and I missed her so much then he kpkb but I ignored him. I just wan to go out even if its just a while.

Baby is still sleeping, now breasts feel engorged coz last latch on was at 10pm. Dun felt like latching him at 10am when he woke up coz I dun wan him to sleep while latching.

Hello mummies,

Littlefly, my friend recommended Pregrain shampoo and he said it really works for him. Can get at Guardian or watson's (I think). No harm trying it out.

Jenny - Must take time off and pamper yrself a bit. It is not easy to take care of bb alone.. I did that while I was on my ML, it is real tough.. Not enough sleep at all.

That why we decided to get a maid. Maid just started for a week and she got scared with my bb girl's crying. She said why she can cry non-stop for hours. I have to explain that she is not well.. She told me her last bb can only cry for 15 minutes...

I am a bit worried if she can stay long ? ha ha ha..

Jenny,

Haha. Look on the bright side, at least ur baby fuss mainly in the daytime and slp thro the nite so it's still nt as bad as the other way rd. Although alot of things can't be done when he fuss but it's ok baby sld be the prority nw. Things will get better, hang on =)

My gal needs to be carried to slp...put her dwn she will wake up...so just have to carry her n walk ard the Hse till she is in v deep slp then put her dwn. Sometimes she wake up v shortly aft sometimes she can slp quite abit. 1 thing is, she will cry till v badly when she is abt to slp. No choice I just carry her to slp lo. Anything tat comforts her I will do. Gd tat feenugreek wks for u, 1 thing less to stress abt =)

It's nt easy when hb is nt supportive and helping u out, mayb u wld like to get someone close who understand the situation to have a talk with him. Sometimes guys tend to listen to others better than own wife.

Dolly,

Hw many packages or days/weeks supply affected? It happened to me once. So wat happened to those milk nw? 

Preciousmom,

Glad he took to the ebm well over the weekend =) wah! Today going to do up ur hair, take pic to show ya =>

Cloudpoem,

U ordering Carter?? Any discount code??

Melody,

I am used to my gal nt pooing. Her highest record is 20days! Haha!! Anyway, so long as baby is drinking well, peeing well, nt uncomfortable or tummy v hard is ok. Mine is total bfeeding. Think she absorbs the nutrients well.

Xuanmin,

When u bottle feed, try to pump for tat session if u can to maintain the ss. It's better u start to feed her fm once per day n slowly increase the # of feeds if the need arises so she can get use to it and not go thro cold turkey.

Little fly,

My boy is 3+yrs already. All along he has been v v active. Haha. I believe most mummies have panda eyes, at least for me I have been having tat for 3+ yrs n still counting! Haha.

val, it's from may till jul, it's more than 100 pkts.. my girl refused to drink, & my boy can't finished so much.. rest of the milks have been discarded...

Val: yes.. Finally.. sure sure.. Will take pic of my hair later if nice... My stylist said actually still can give baby bm as they won't perm n color all e way to my scalp.. Hmmm...

Dolly: wow.. Tat was alot.. I cld never expressed tat much...

precious, can imagine how heartpain i was? i was so devastated... i shouted to everyone @ home that i've lost my milk bank... i'm just like went bersek, even vent my frustration on my girl... no one @ home can feel/know what i'm going thru... they won't know the time/sacrifice i made for building up these milk supplies...

Jenny envious u can sleep till 10.30am! I am up latest by 7 am every morning cos my ger auto alarm clock when sky turns bright she wakes up liao. If i am lucky she wakes at 7am but most days its 6.40am

Deon: Did ur doc gave ur baby any medicine? When I'm doing confinement I always have to leave the house, first few days is go hospital to see baby, but luckily second or third day after I discharge he can go home. After that keep going to polyclinic to review his jaundice.

Val: Yah lor, but once he wakes up very sian liao. Last time my baby can sleep when I carry him but now also cannot, he just cry n cry n we cun stop him. I dun have any friends who understand my situation coz most have not given birth n for those who have, they all have easy babies. If I talk to my husband, he will only say no choice. Can only tok to my mum n here only.

20 days of not pooing sounds so scary. If my baby dun poo for one day I'll get worried already.

dolly: During my confinement I expressed for 30min n got 30ml. But after that baby cried n I put it on the bed n when I returned I saw all the milk leaked out n I'm left with an empty bottle. Then I cried n cried until I lost more than 30ml tears. So I can understand how u feel.

starfruit: Yup n I make sure he goes back to slp after my baby's feed at 9+ or 10+. He can go back to slp till 1+ these few days n he even woke up at 1.40pm today. And I just changed my waking up time to 11am so that I can slp somemore after his feed. What time does ur baby goes to slp? Mine sleeps after 12am n takes at most 15-30min nap in e day. Maybe u can try yawning n tell ur baby its still early n u still wan to slp. That's what I tell my baby everyday. Oh n make e room as dark as u can. I have night curtains in my room n even in daytime its also very dark. But baby needs aircond as well. Got one nite its cold so I nv on aircond n baby woke up 30min after sleeping n treat it like napping.

Dolly: ya.. I will aso TL if is me.. I will ask my elder kids to b out of bound near me when I pump else later if they spill ar.. I sure jump..

hi Xuanmin,

thanks

hi Val,

huh your highest record is 20days... so serious ah... i was worried initially as scared her tummy digestive got problem.. luckily this morning poo poo le.. my mum say very smelly.. haha

hi all,

i stop my breast milk le cos went back to work n work environmt not suitable to express n pump. so my girl now on frozen ebm, think can last her a month,

kinda miss it now.. hehe..that time i can pump abt 250ml in 20min from a 6hr interval.

jia you mummies that is still giving bm..

mummies with freestyle again, i'm suspecting that the membrane is faulty.. i've just checked again, it's not the tubing, both membranes are moving but one of it does not has any suction... hmmm... anyone knows?

mummies,

any help.. my hair started dropping and my scalp is very itchy... am already using baby shampoo that is quite mild le... my coleague say it is due to 2nd time hormone change as bb start to salivate so mummy will drop hair.

Dolly, yours is chest freezer? Our normal freezer we can only keep for 1mth rite? Hmm don throw away the ebm, put 1 pack to bb bath water for W to bath. U also can bath J..

Really heartache to see this..that's y I use chest freezer for my ebm & I don't allow anybody open or put anything inside. It is only ebm [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] consider investing 1 if u don't want this painful episode happen in future.

apple, there's one normal 2 doors fridge & the other's chest freezer... those discarded are in the normal fridge... so my maid happened to take some ebms from that freezer for W & she didn't closed it properly... then my hb told me off on why i didn't transfer all the rest of the ebms into chest freezer? i just don't wish to move those ebms here & there...

apple, i'm just too devastated & can't think straight... just dump everything that those can't be consumed anymore...

till now still can't get over it...

dolly - next time u just freeze all ebm in chest freezer. Bring only those W needs to consume to normal fridge. I can feel the pain for u too! I think if this happened to me, my maid will be OUT and I'll go bonker!!

So far, I don't allow maid handling ebm, unless those that already defrost which she needs to heat up for bb to consume. Even now nanny also don't touch my frozen ebm..I very ks one, I don't allow anybody touch my chest freezer. Infact, I lock it when I go to work :p

Deon: thanks. Your poor Bb, hope she gets better by the day. Your new maid so far so good ?

Jenny: takes time for hb to learn to be understanding. I dump no 1 on him last time tell him father n son needs to bond! Don't give up trying. My gf boy sticks to her since baby time n it gets more difficult later if father n son not close.

Val: ur elder boy a piglet too? envy u got gal this time. I think lil gals are closer to mummies.

Little Fly: I also dun wan baby to stick to me one person. If not next time I can't even go out to do my hair. I wish he can get along well with everyone. Next mth I'm thinking of asking my MIL to take care for half a day so that I can watch final destination in 3D with my husband. But dunno she willing to help anot. If not then I'll be very angry coz she helps her daughter to take care of two children every weekday.

Today spent ard 5hrs+ to perm n color my hair.. Sat until backside pain Liao.. Quite satisfied wif e end-result [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dolly I feel so heartache for u!!!! Think I w also go bonkers but ur supply is good, don't worry too much ok, just start over again. *big hugs*

Melody, my grandma also said the same , she saw baby playing w saliva and announced loudly ' oh your mummy gonna drip heir soon!' I so paiseh....

Dolly, my chest freezer has a key lock. So when I go to work I just lock it to prevent my girl opening actually.

Since it happened once, u better trf all your precious ebm to chest freezer. Just left those u wanna feed W on normal fridge. I find maid sometimes rather careless no matter how long they work for us.

Gd evening ladies, so long nv log on le been bz with exam and assignment lately and next week going back to work le feel so so so depress suddenly.

Yasmin: any mummies taking Yasmin? I just started to take it and notice I start to have pimples and abit depress Not sure if is the side effect.. But I read it suppose to help control pimples leh

Val: I thought of ordering, but I kus ordered 12 pcs last 2 week. Haaaha.. And have arrived to mr last week.. The material very good... Think Thr current promo over.

Split: Yasmin.. Ya, it's supposed to give the skin a glow.. Hmm, u try taking a week? My friend is taking.. So far, so good leh.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dolly: I totally feel for u! *hugs* Like other mums, I will go crazy if this happens to me.. Jiayou k, maybe the added pumping sessions will boost ur ss again..

Val: my girl has the exact sleeping prob as urs! I kept on carrying her to slp cuz it's e only way I can get a nap till she's sticky like a Velcro to me.. Mil not too happy abt this so I'll try to put her down as much as I can. U r so optimistic and loving towards ur kids, I shld learn frm u.

Jenny, Deon and Little Fly: You know, I have this hope our community will continue to update one other abt our babies n lives because I am looking forward to the day tht we all report that our babies have recovered frm their fussiness and bring more joy to our lives. A fussy bb really puts a strain on family relationship, we can only hope that things get better. Let's press on together ok? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

By the way mummies.. My #1 was having high fever last night.. All of a sudden.. Was breastfeeding my Bb than notice that she was curling up and shaking.. Stop the feeding and touch her, and true enough, she was shivering.. Quickly wake my hubby up and went straight to KK.

She ever had an incident of convulsion last yr Cux fever sudden too high and her body was in mental shock.. Took her up and ran almost half my life to the nearby clinic and she was admitted to hosp. That time, I was already maybe 3-4mths preggie with Bb. My heart break when i see her tirninh blue purple!! Sigh.. I really don't want this to happen. Breastfeed longer if possible. My #1 wasn't breastfed Cux I got matitis than gotto stop. No support fromfamily during that time.. The guilt still lingers though. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Bottle-feeding update:

I wanna share my joy with all mummies here! After 2 weeks of arduous bottle war with my bb, my #2 finally took 4 bottle feeds today with minimal fussing! So happy now cuz I almost went crazy with the persistent crying and pressure frm my family. I told God I will go berserk if this situation does not rectify itself soon. Glad that my prayers are finally answered and I hope my bottle-feeding success will continue!

Now that we have seen some improvement in bottle-feeding, my mil is pressurizing me to give up breastfeeding as she will be the main caregiver in the future and does not want to go through the torture of making bb take bottles again. In fact, she instructed me to give EBM in bottles during e day everyday, and if it's troublesome to use EBM, use FM. I am not very comfortable with this idea although I understand her concerns. I've worked so hard to give my bb BM and now she wants me to stop, as if I have little say in this. I also dunno if latching bb on weekends will result in bottle war on weekdays again, but I don't see the point of feeding bottles when I have an existing supply of milk when we are outside.

Am I being too narrow-minded here? Need some opinions frm kind mummies here.

Ash/Sylvia: my #1 was the only one that I did not breastfeed. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] though wanted to but didn't manage to succeed.. She doesn't fall sick easily but once trigger, she'll have very high fever..

Got history of bronchitis & convulsion.. Seriously, the convulsion episode was too big for me to handle.. I was so so so depressed. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] glad that she is fine after the clinic doc gave her an emergency suppository.. The doc taught me that if ever she gets into it again, lie her on her left side and pop the suppository again. Tjank God that I did not have to use it till now..

Cloud: hope ur #1 is fine nw... Dun blame urself for not giving her bf anymore.. U r super mum even without giving bf ok!!

Dolly: ya.. I did but no choice hv to stop giving him ebm.. I threw away e ebm I pumped last nite.. So nw baby only surviving with e little supply of frozen ebm.. Guess by next wk, he will finish them.. :p thou my stylist said can still bf but I worried lor.. So won't give anymore n anyway, I m gg back to work next wk.. Is time to stop...

Yasmin: I took it b4 after my full mth for #1.. cos tat time I had a v bad breakout.. I rem I only took 1 box or so.. Can't rem e result.. Hehe

poor me.. Having sore left eye since yest...

Apple: how much was ur chest freezer ah?? My freezer is full n so is my sister's. Was actually thinking if can borrow one.... Coz if I buy, I plan to slow down 'production' in sept/oct when my girl turns 4-5 mo le...

Slyvia: congrats!!

Cloud: yea take care of Urself too ya...

My girl just turned 3 mo! My my she was a lil cranky the past 2 days! I kinda want to shift back to my own hse with her le.. Find my mil a lil unbearable of late... Even my hb also had a slight argument with her.. Things we ask her to do like using boiled water to clean my girls mouth she disregard and use the tap water in the tub to clean. That tub she used to wash clothes also one!!!! Than my girl cranky last few days her schedule went haywire.. She kept asking me so feed 3 or 4 hrly? I told her depends on when she wanna eat lor how the hell I know??? Damn frustrating and suffocating for me! I appreciate the help given but it just sucks big time!!

Oh regarding the Lamaze toys Bp I checked with the seller and apparently the goods are from china supplier... Just wanted to share since I saw some mummies thinking if buying. These are not from stores and she was willing to sell me 2 for 20sgd.. I didn't buy in the end coz my sister went to the stores to get for my girl coz she say not very safe FYI mummies

cloudpoem: Hope ur #1 will recover soon!

Sylvia: Thanks. I really hope baby will smile more n cry less. Sometimes when I'm on the phone with my mum we cun even hear each other n she will say how come almost 3 mths still keep crying.

Glad ur baby is taking bottles much easier now. Maybe u can alternate feeds with bottle n latch on so that baby can be used to both bottle n latch on. My baby can use both methods but he prefer latch on. Sometimes when he refuse the bottle, I will apologise to him n tell him I dun have enough bm so he need the bottle of milk then he will give me face n start drinking.

Anyway my MIL n mum kept telling me to stop expressing my milk when I'm doing my confinement coz I got no time to rest at all. When baby is slping I quickly go n express n after finished, baby woke up already. But I persist on and even though still not enough milk, I do all I can to provide for baby and also to help my husband save some money.

V: I also use tap water but I wun recycle water. The water used to wash clothes is dirty already, dun say baby cannot, even adults also wun do that. See if ur MIL will use that water to rinse her mouth anot.

Back