(2011/04) Apr 2011

Wow pearly, u power leh! Can bring 2 kids out for so long! And such a long mrt ride! pei fu pei fu!

Posted on Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 1:30 am:

1 month bash celebration!!

Date: 11 June (Sat)

Time: 1.30pm onwards

1) Piggytoh + HB + #1&2

2) Gerry+ #1&2

3) Totoro_bb + #1&2

4) hippopolai + hb + #1&2 (reach after 2pm most probaly)

5) tweety + jerrell (hb not confirmed)

6) vonn + hubby + #1&2

7) bbgoh + hb + #1&2

8) 3G (Gerald, Germaine & Gervaise)

9) Pearly + Hubby + #1&2

10) baby26 + #1,2&3 + maid

11) elmo + hb + #1 & 2 (can only reach ard 330pm. U all wanna wait for me? :p)

1) Piggytoh + HB + #1&2

2) Gerry+ #1&2

3) Totoro_bb + #1&2

6) vonn + hubby + #1&2

7) bbgoh + hb + #1&2

9) Pearly + Hubby + #1&2

12) Sookie + Baby Z

Pearly

I still not sure if hb is available, if not, maybe my sis may follow me. You are right that i better not go alone, later #1 want to go toilet then I "die" liao!!

I also like strollers, ha ha actually i have one brand new that i bought and never used before as I found it quite big. It's actually a jogging stroller and now taking up space at home. It's time i put it under WTS!! I like Quest but going to retire it for #2 as it looks really used and dirty. So now will be using our favorite Zapp!!

shice

replied you already

Gathering

Let me know if we need any decor or entertainment, can ask hb for discounted rate :)

pearly: congrats! i know how it feels.. that sense of accomplishment bringing baby and #1 out (esp since your #1 is still so young). Keep it up!

Shice: i bought it from mom's cottage at city square mall cause i wanted to see the item in person. It was $258 and i bought the gemini beco. but if you can get it online its cheaper cause the US$ is low.. got a earful from my hubby for not buying online, could have save $40-$50.

i'm a mclaren fan.. i have the XT and the day tripper. my XT is almost 4 years old and its still good.

Hi mummies,

Anyone of you have started to train your Bbs to sleep through the night? If so, may I know what method are you using? I am really exhausted doing the night feeding and lack of sleep during the day, hence would like to wean off the night feed. Btw, my gal is 5wks+ old.

Posted on Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 9:42 am:       

1) Piggytoh + HB + #1&2

2) Gerry+ #1&2

3) Totoro_bb + #1&2

6) vonn + hubby + #1&2

7) bbgoh + hb + #1&2

9) Pearly + Hubby + #1&2

12) Sookie + Baby Z

13) Vivi + Hubby + baby Vianne

Me joining am getting my Hubby to take off day. Looking forward to this gathering would be fun.

Yoti gripewater can be bought from medical hall or pharmacy. For me I mix 5ml to milk so to ensure she finished the gripe water.

bbgoh,

Mine is old version.. New version thicker leh.. I got mine from smh @ $20 nia.. Secondhand de but it's brand new de.. Lucky me! xD

Personally, I love Maclaren steering & slim-ness but I dun like the basket & topple problem.. Before take out baby, MUST remove hanging bags, unless your bag is very light de.. Cannot access basket if your baby is using full recline position.. But that's me la.. I prefer heavy duty and sturdy strollers de cos I don't need to take bus mah..

elmo,

Haha.. Just do it man! Once bring out liao, no choice to U-turn mah! hahahaha.. Must "zhuang dan" mah.. U also able to do it de!

totoro,

Not only toilet.. Feeding, chasing around, carrying, crying, soothing etc.. 1 person very hard unless we keep pushing stroller round and round so they can sleep.. Stay 1 spot quite hard..

sookie,

Thanks! xD The feeling is really shiok after the outing.. I really did it!

Wow looks like there will be a crowd at my place? Maybe I shld go book function room hor? My house not very big.. Skarly u all feel very cramped ... Hehe

Jojo my PD doesnt recommend letting the baby sleep thru until past 3 months.. If I don't wake my C up I think once she got discharged from hospital she would have slept thru liao.. It's much easier to feed a hungry baby... Can understand that u are exhausted. See if u can get hubby to take over once in awhile .. It's really shiong

Bbgoh the ergo infant insert is 69$ I think? Or 49$? I got it from my first few yrs@ paragon. It's kinda thick n my C doesn't like it so Im waiting for her to be bigger then don't have to use the insert liao...

Pearly,

Hehe!! I think I will ask my parents to drop me at pink's place.. Easier than me trying to get a cab with 2 kids.. My hb will be on call that day.. A bit hard to change..

You are good lor.. Bring 2 kids out by yourself with your heavily pregnant friend.. I have yet to bring 2 out alone.. I am very scared my #1 will run around and I cannot catch her..

I have a quinny buzz so I think i feel it would be too heavy for me to bring the pram out.. Is the britax b heavy??

Vivi,

I haven't mastered it yet.. Training in progress! Lol..

Gerry,

U using buzz ah? B-ready should b heavier becos i use as double stroller mah.. If use as single, should be comparable.. But if drive, it's easy! Cos can use detachable carseat then the frame alone, not that heavy le.. Worth the extra wt for the covenience! U can go test it out at first few years at paragon.. One staff there damn good service, Candy.. I like her.. xD she's very patient cos i aim very long liao but nvr buy until now.. Everytime, she serve me de.. Hehe..

I also jia lat.. My girl is a koala bear outside.. Duwan to walk liao! So no choice, definitely need stroller or my arms/shoulders will break! Haha..

Ha ha I am the timid one. Only 1 also don't dare touring out alone. I think I will try small steps ho downstairs first then venture somewhere further.

Pearly you very good Liao must learn from you.

Huh cannot sleep through the night Vianne had Bern sleeping through from 1 am till 8 am or sometimes 12am till 7am usually about a 7 hours stretch. But I noticed she will want milk every 2 hours or 2 and a half hours interval from evening onwards .

But then having said that she is active in the afternoon so minimal nap

pink: yes, think you need to book the function room cause if bringing husbands.. its like x 2.

vivi: that's good that your baby can sleep quite long.. to me that;s sleeping through the night. i rather the baby be active in the day and sleep in the night. now.. ever since baby z is sick, he has been zzzzzzz through the day and terrorizing me at night.. think the meds in the day makes him sleepy.

Hi Mummies...My 8 weeks old baby has no bowel since saturday. He is on total breast feeding. Anyone know whether this is normal?

Sookie hoping it remains like this but then she also cranky at night leh .still observing this little monster. Carry she cry put her down she play for awhile and then cry again.

Mrs chua you lucky leh sometimes I pat Vianne can be more than half an hour. If got competition

I think

I can go maybe I will be the winner

Vivi-ya lor,I also let my girl sleep thro the nite le...Dun know if this is correct ma...for gripewater-u mix 5ml with yr 100ml of milk right? Paisei ya keep asking...

Mummies, is it normal for our menses to come? I veri heavy flow today.dun know if menses or inside something wrong....???!!!

hi all breasfeeding mum, did u stop breastfeed after perm or rebonding? for how long? i'm now like the "lion head" in dove advertisement. haha..

Kimi,

I didn't stop breastfeeding after i perked my hair. No problem.. The amount of chemicals absorbed by the scalp is negligible..

Yoti: mi too leh, str after lochia turn brown, then cme fresh blood again n getting more everydae, i wonder is it menses..

Bearhugz: i tot bb who drk BM will shit more often, am i rite to say tat, mummies totali BF oso??

Vonn actually is the same because she is active all the way till she ko . Minimal napping so tiring in the day time . Then have to wait for her to sleep before I can knock off for the day.

Vivi/yoti,

Dun worry u r v lucky u know most BB will slowly start to sleep thru 2nd mth onward n by 3 mth most would sleep thru for 5-6hr or longer if ur BB r ready it ok la cos if the milk they drink durin day time is enough to last them the nite[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pearly,

Tt great I doubt I can do it cos he will run abt v hard to catch him haha... At least ur gal willing to sit in stroller[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lynn,

Most prob will stay for a couple of hr[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Piggy, mine schedule haywire Liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Looks like she's back to USA timing..

Did yr bb adjust bk his timing after he recover?

Baby who drink bm will generally shit more than fm.. But

Lately, my baby has been shitting lesser.. I guess it's normal.. Set ur self a limit, like 1-2 days.. If not poo then go see doc..

I'm so envious of this mummies who have been gg out with baby alone.. Some even with toddlers! Btw if baby need to change diaper in mrt ride or bus.. Where do u all go to change? Dun think mrt toilets got diaper room rite? Just thinking of all the possible problems before I start bring baby out alone.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shyann,

Eh, i'm still trying to master.. I think bring comfy carrier is important.. Double stroller is really useful, especially if u're like me, dun like to carry kids de.. Haha.. Eating time, small one sleep in the below deck while big one sit top one & eat with us.. If single stroller, small one sleep inside, big one in baby chair loh but if big one tired also, no peace sia.. But i must stress that a carrier is really important esp if either of my kids is suddenly cranky or hungry.. Lol..

Vivi,

Last night, while walking home from cwp, my boy hit his cranky time.. Always start from 9-10pm & ends at abt 11-12mn de.. Heng we were strolling on the bicycle track beside the pavement de.. So i just let him cry until we reach home loh.. Aiyo, that timing every night is what we name as "inconsolable time" de.. And yes! It sounded so soft cos i think he was in lower deck so sound was quite blocked & open area mah.. Hehe..

U still haven't tried taking Vianne out for a stroll?

Haiz, just made 150ml for my boy.. Come back room, saw that he fell back asleep.. Waste my milk.. Hope he will get hungry within the hour..

Vonn,

No but tt time he can sleep 5-6 hr straight but after recover but to 3-4 hr lo[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Shice,

I change on stroller... Dun worry once u take the first step it will be easy..

Piggy.. Ic.. I intend to just bring carrier out if I'm gg out with bb alone.. If I just change in public area.. Very unglam hor.. Heh..

Piggy,

When my girl die die duwan sit stroller, i whip out my ergo then she happy liao.. Now use often cos she sick & keep wanting me to carry! Anything to keep them tied & quiet.. Haha..

Shice,

I let my kids sit in stroller until destination loh.. No choice.. U change 15-20min not much difference de mah.. But if like poo from start of 1hr journey, i will alight at one quieter station & change her on the platform benches loh.. I usually bring a thin changing mat but now, dun care liao.. Just put on bench & change! Lol.. Some mummies do it on stroller but i duno how de..

For the dirty diaper, i usually bring a small pack of plastic bags so will just pop in & throw later loh

Pearly,

Hehe!! The pram looks good.. But quite ex leh.. I bought a quinny buzz for my #1.. Use only for a few months, then give up cos too heavy.. Then after 6 months, i bought a cheap pram from mother care.. Those light weight ones.. Easier to travel.. But i think the britax is good for those with 2 kids.. Easy to travel right??

Piggy,

Hehe!! Ya my girl likes to run around too.. Sometimes i feel very tempted to buy a kid's leash and tie her to me!! Haha!!

Bearhugz,

It's normal.. Some breastfed babies can don't poop for 3-4 days.. Some will poop several times a day.. All normal..

Littletwinstar,

My lochia was also turning brown, when it became bright red again.. Like day 3-4 of menses.. When I slowed down my activity, it became less..

Elmo mentioned that it is normal.. And that the uterus is still healing.. Unless of course if you are bleeding a lot and soaking the pads like crazy..

But if you are more than 2 months postpartum, it could be menses..

shice:don't care whether unglam or not. most importantly is your baby is safe and clean. if pai sei then find a corner.

i feel for new mummies, best is to go to a place with good nursing/changing areas. way less stressful.

Yoti,

If you are not breastfeeding, then it could possibly be your menses since already 2 months Liao.. You monitor and see whether it is like your menses pattern.. But if you are soaking the pads very often.. Or have huge clots, the better see gynae.

You have gone for your 6 weeks check up right??

Pearly,

my boi dun 1 to be tie down 1.. n he is almost 13kg leh n i short so not feasible to carry him in carrier tink his leg will obstruct my leg lol~

Gerry,

ya lo my #1 if i told him no hold hand no walk he will hold my hand but v hard to push stroller n hold his hand at the same time.. if no hold hand he will run v fast may lost him..

Carrier-where can we go to try out the diff carriers for bb?wanna bring my girl to try which carrier she prefer..

Bringing bb alone out-I do not dare to bring out also..mayb with carrier I will try out short distance..cos now bringing her out all the help of my Hubby...

Vivi-thank you for yr reply..for yr last feed for vianne to sleep throughout the nite, did u increase her milk vol?

Piggy-hmm,actually how do we know they are drinking enough in the day? Is it nite they dun ask for milk mean enough? Cos my girl same birth day as yr boy-only drinking 100ml Nia...dun know will be underfeed ma..I cannot force her also..

Yoti,

I tink diff brand of carrier diff store leh I tried ergo at bugis BGH baby Bjorn can try at kiddy palace.. For me I still prefer stroller easier n I can hang every in it n BB can sleep in it when I eat.. Bring 1 out is easy but 2 is challenging I tink all u need is more confident[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

BB if hungry will wail for milk 1 dun worry ..

Hi Gerry-thank you for yr reply..hmm I didn't go for my 6weeks check up-understand need to do pap smear..I am taking my baby alone and cannot find the time to go..think will go asap..wen having period,we cannot do pap smear right?is the 6 weeks check up impt?

Back