(2011/04) Apr 2011

Pink.. My boy will follow me wherever I go, I can't b separate from him de.. Den so happen that recently family got lots of events jus like next week, Sil's solemnization den following next week is mil's bday & hubby's cousin b'day chalet.. After may will hv to go bk to wrk Le.. Sianz..

Bbgoh.. I tried using hard hard hand express jus nw, somehow it works.. Hope the ducts will nt b so hard tmr..

Totoro.. Other than massage, use hand towel massage lo.. But most prefer use put hot water in bottle to massage cos is easier.

Vivi, u poor thing. Really so traumatizing to hear Vianne cry. I think ur V really has colic. That explains the inconsolable crying. After C's afternoon milk strike her subsequent feeds she drank 90 then 80. So I can breathe again. So if V drinks less for one feed she may drink more later too.

Try to get some help or sleep.. Think it's killing me. I spend

too much time googling trying to diagnose C.. Not enough sleep at night is making me depressed again. Looking at

other guai babies make me so envious. I can't stop worrying if

she's sick with something. If I don't have my maid to help I

think I'll go crazy already. Are u using iPhone? Can

whatsapp me or the other mommies here. It's impt to keep

sane! Having adult interaction is impt..

As for ur mil.. I believe she has gd intentions n she's trying to help but don't know what to do. Maybe u can observe for a few more days n see if she's still not helping? Maybe give her specific instructions on how to help u don't be paiseh coz u need it

Always remember u are doing a great job !

Piggy,

Onz~ when when? I anytime ready!

Pink, Vivi:

Jia You ya! It's not easy but at least you are closer to 3 mths to see some changes!!!!

Andrea,

Your bb got teeth aldy???!!????

totoro, i printed my baby photo on the cards. but i told them to separate out the cards then i keep.. only give to close frens or family members who wanna keep the card..

Rgding jing feng shan, how to feed baby? put inside his milk n feed him with it?

Pink, mine oso milk strike now. Frm 120ml downgrade to 100ml which sometimes she can't finish. Gals goin beauty pageant? Nw she can use tongue to push the teat out, wat abt C?

Mrs chua, so many events lehz. I put bb in stroller bring her dwn to walk, she get cranky within 5mins so need to go hme Liao. I ONI goin bk I'm July, y u

June?

My #1 got fever again, 2nd x in may, sian!

vonn

hug hug. could be due to weather, must be tough to separate them, rite? my #1 also just recover but still cough so still in seperate room. hope she gets well soon.

my Kay also ll push the teat with tongue then smile to me.

Anyone still awake?

Bb R seems to really have fallen sick. Refusing to feed now!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

And cries after each cough...

Vonn, bbgoh: C knew how to push the teat out since discharge from hospital. When we tried to feed her with a spoon she will spit the milk out. That time only 5 days old. U say peng san or not? She also knows how to curl her tongue so we couldn't put the teat in. Such a young baby n making us so frazzled liao... Motherhood is tough!!

Bbgoh thanks for ur suggestion I went to google for the 保婴单liao ... Will kiv n buy if need be. How's ur girl now? Does it work?

Lynn, ur baby R is sick? Better to bring to see PD tmr.... Hope he gets better soon

shice,

mix the jing feng shan powder with water then feed bb, after that give him some milk milk to remove the after taste. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I've tried the jing feng shan, seems to help bb after he has got a shocked or scare.

pink,

I think so, he started coughing from around 9plus last night, on and off through the night now finally able to zzzz properly.

and i just found out my maid is coughing then keep quiet never say.. -__-

PDs not open on sundays right? or is there any that is?

Vivi,

Some babies have to be trained to take pacifier de.. My girl was one of them.. Cried till no end when we stuffed it in, refuse to close mouth, scream like nobody's business but we pushed on until she tired, which can be hours later de.. This repeated for many months! Once she used to it, heaven & peace liao! But short lived also, few months back, she weaned herself off it, duno y she super hate her tutu also.. For my boy, after discharge, he took to pacifier immediately le.. So ya, some have to go thru the hard route..

So maybe ur mil is really trying to help but us, as the mom, may not be able to tolerate the cries.. But babies are ours, we are the ones to decide to go ahead or not..

Jia you to 3rd month k!!

Pink,

U really brought ur girl to PD ah? Dun wanna say this but, i told u!! Lol.. PD will send u home, if lucky, with colic drop.. & that your C will drink more after "missing" her previous feed de.. Increase baby's stomach capacity!

Morning mummies! I think bb J is on milk strike too! Izzit because their 6wks grow spurt is over? Anyone knows when is the next growth spurt? Anyway.. I was so happy that he zz thro the nite yest! Last feed at 1130pm.. 4+am then he started making noises. Then i go n make fm... come back he fell asleep. I also zz till 530am... he still zz. I scared fm will spoil so i carry him up to dream feed. Finish abt 90+ml. Then just now 830am then cry for milk... drink halfway zz dun wanna drink again! Dunno y like tt. But yest during his cranky hr.. he drank alot. 8pm 110ml fm, 10pm 125ml bm, 1030pm latch on, 1130pm 110bm. Maybe that's y he can sleep through? Tonite see if i can follow this same routine again!

Mrs Chua, how much u selling pet pet m? I go 3 packs of pet pet m from luvbabies, i think M size can use for v long.

Anyone with bb in ifc before, can tell me what happens when we bring b bfor injection and he got fever? Then have to stay home for that few days where he got fever ah?

I still negotiating on my job offer. They want me to start work in Jun.. but last wk of Jun bb J got injection.. I scared will fever then I cant start IFC on that wk leh. Then hb gotta take 5 days leave to take care of bb J while i start my new work ah. A bit reluctant with this arrangement... plus the 12 hr work day really puts me off. Now my #1 already not close to me le.. everyday want his grandma only. Wait #2 also like tt... My 2 sons I bai sheng le! Feeling like rejecting it if they cant let me start work in Jul. But will waste a gd pay n gd benefits. Really stressed out over this.. been crying for the past 2 nites. Dunno how to make a decision. Hai...

elmo

if due to injection just standby the panadol at school, they ll give when necessary, unless very high then they ll call u to brg hom

bbgoh, ooo.. so injection can still put in IFC ah. But will they be more vunerable to other virus after injection? How's ur #1? Did she stay in IFC after injection? Got fall sick easily during that few days?

Hipppopolai,

i anything see the rest[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Elmo,

envy leh.. my boi last nite last feed 11.15pm den i only fed him at 4.40am.. but becos of block nose he got cry at 2am n 6am zzZzzzZzz.. dunno when he can quietly sleep thru..

Pink, C is smart lar..

Bbgoh, very sian de to c children fall sick. Since march #1 have been seeing doc every 2wks. Jus nw bb cough and sneeze make us paranoid [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Pearly, mine oso! Give tutu depends on her mood, sometimes she ok but on bad days u stuff it in, she will cry fiercely.

Elmo, pre alert the company abt the injection? Mayb bb will nt have fever afterall?

Mine drank at 1230am, 3.30am and 5.30am she make noise I oso give but she drank 80ml, changed diaper for her she zz again..

elmo

my #1 was pretty good when at IFC. after inj still can brg them bk to centre. if I dun wanna take leave I ll go jab in the morning then send her bk to centre after tat.

during infant she seldom fell sick maybe due to the small ratio for IFC.

thk better u check with yr centre as diff center may have diff practice bah

Bbgoh, thks! Will check with ifc again.

Mayb ur bm got strong anti bodies so ur bb seldom fall sick! When i back to work gotta stop bf le. Then no more good antibodies for J.

vonn, i also hope Wont have fever. But my #1 got fever for 90% of his injections.

piggy, think ur boy can consider zz through le ba. Once his block nose clear you can have gd nites le! Mine only 1st nite like tt.. Still gotta monitor. Mayb just a 1 time thing.

pearly, not shift job. It's OT. They warn me abt their ot during interview already. And my kind of job.. Ot no ot pay or any other compensation one loh.

Pink me too when not enough sleep makes me depressed

Sigh Vianne doesn't want my mil to carry once she carry Vianne cries so I don't have the luxury of having a nap. My mil is also quite stubborn I taught her the correct method to burp baby she did her own way which was wrong and I have to tell my Hubby to tell her.

Pearly for me is if she refuse pacifier so be it because sometimes when she wants to sleep pacifier is her comfort.

Bbgoh I thought Jung fend San cannot eat daily so I never let Her take . So can put in the water for her to drink?

Elmo,

Wah 5days workweek ah? Super siong! If shiftwork, still got shift allowance, ot & stuff.. I also wan go out work le.. Yes! I see my light liao.. Haha.. So miss my field of work but since short term, i take any job near my house de.. Waiting for an admin job & mothercare reply.. Hehe..

Vonn,

My girl absolutely hates her tutu.. If got chance, she reject & throw away.. Duno y also.. Got good, got bad la.. Good thing is she auto wean off.. Bad thing is no "off" button to her sleep le.. Lol.. Heng my boy takes..

elmo

y u not continue BF after bk to work? maybe new coy they got spare room?

my working plc got no spare room I pump at toilet last time, thk this time ll be the same

vivi

jfs can give daily with small amt, my sil's son eat till 3yo.

I ll put on spoon mix with water n feed. my mum is use finger tap dry powder then rub in the gum n give milk

Gerry - my boy not latching at all. But I ll try very hard today to latch him cos my LC says more than 2 wks very difficult to train already. U noe any quick way for me to train bb to latch? Not sure is it because my milk supply still low (60-90ml both breasts if I pump for 15mins) that is y he is impatient to sucker. Like totoro I m also not sure if I m having let down but I noe my milk is no longer colostrum but mature milk.

Actually can I ask a silly qn? Freshly expressed bm is at room temperature. No need to warm up right? Cos no difference if bb drink direct from breast. Then y is it why we make FM or warm up chilled EBM we need the milk to be at abt 40dc?

oh gerry, I'd based on the amt I expressed after a break of 3-4hrs(when I'm away and she's being bot fed - either ebm or fm), and I find I don't get as much lor, even in e early wee hrs when the milk supply used to be more than 230ml now barely 210ml... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Bbgoh, he goes kindy....

Elmo, my #1 oso have fever most of his jabs but he went through the 6in1 route. #2 goin 5in1, keeping my fingers cross!

totoro,

22nd april. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thus celebrate on the actual day. coz heard that bb boi must celebrate on actual day. (dunno who still practice this?)

mikio,

same as my MIL. whenever he cries, MIL said must be hungry, must feed. why cant he cries for other reason?

juz like that day, my boi cries after his last fed which is abt 1.5 hrs ago, she asked is it that he wants milk? then i said only 1.5 hours only cant be. She replied by saying other ppl feed every 1 or 1hr+. If he wants then must give him. I didnt rely her (bt inside i was thinking, every child is difference, u cant compare like that lor)

Just like yesterday, my boi cried 2 hours after his last feed, i'll give coz the last feed is BF, so i afraid he didn't suckle enough so use 2 hours interval after BF. As my boi if want milk, he will cry very loud, thus while CL warm up the ebm, my boi keeps crying and crying. Then my MIL told my HB why must wait till 3 hours then can give milk. My HB get frustrated and replied back saying i didn't say must wait till 3 hours then can feed; if you all want, you can warm up the milk 2 hours in advance and then wait lor.

My HB came into the room and tell me about it, then he said if they want, let them feed bb every 1 hour lor, let them "xin ku yi dian". but i said it's me who will be "xin ku"

Michelle,

u mean the common area is below your house. so cheap? I know of one opp my block. but don't think got water, just sheltered area with electricity maybe.. need to call HDB tml and check.

Gerry/Hippopolai,

to warm up ebm, cannot use hot water (not those boiling hot water, is hot water from the thermo flask), then use warm water? if use warm water, how long it takes to warm up the milk?

Mummy ho,

Oh icic.. Must be patient and just force baby to drink.. Maybe when baby is hungry, squeeze a bit of bm on nipple and tempt baby to suckle??

The temp of bm is body temp so about 37 degrees.. But if ebm at room temp still ok.. But cold ebm must warm to body temp.. No more than that.. As the antibodies and proteins can only survive at body temp..

Mum05,

Oh.. Maybe you are stressed and tired.. Drink more fluids and eat a little more.. Sometimes diet can affect bm supply.. Drink more milo, milk, soya milk.. I find soya milk helps to increase bm.. I usually buy the soya milk from the market.

Bbgoh,

Yes paragon has.. There are 2 floors.. One is the level where they sell children clothes.. The chair is quite comfy..

Fung,

I usually warm cold ebm 1/2 Hr before feed.. At 40 degrees (if I use the pigeon warmer)

On my way for eva's man yue!! Can't wait to eat!! =)

Piggy,

19/5 cannot... Terry's CC teacher meet parent session... 20/5 or 23/5 shld b ok.

Elmo, 12 hours 5 days ww, u can tong? Think very big impact on hubby & ur family life right? If u have no back up helper, the working hours is definitely too long for u? Even no need to cook, hire cleaner to clean house etc... How about time bonding!? U will have almost zero time for bonding, not forget about ur 'me' time!

Erm, I'm more family oriented mum, so I would prefer a lower income but more time for my kid, esp now I have 2... Of course the pay must be able to survive a family lar... Give n take lor... U must weigh which is more impt to u?

Fung,

The water to warm up ebm shld be abt 40 degrees... It takes abt 15mins to warm the milk... Actually the ebm after warm up is not exactly warm... It's more like room temp.... Dun worry the 'cold' milk will cause bb stomachache, I tried on Jovie, no problem... Old folks always believe that cold milk caused stomachache, I dun really think so lar... Unless it's those totally cold de?

Gerry,

Yeah yeah... Soya helps... I now addicted to soya... Haa haa... Enjoy ur party!

fungfung

you just answered the question that I have been asking around!! so 22nd May is considered the actual day for your boy! Mine on the 27 and I have different view on which is the actual day, some say 26 May and some say 27 May!! If like you say, 27 is the actual day, then I'll rather do it on the 27 May which is a Friday evening!! Like that I can also eat the food and enjoy myself!! And mine is a baby boy as well :) Was told cannot celebrate after but never heard of must celebrate on actual day so far!

BTW, actual day must Pray izzit? If house don't have, do we go temple to pray?? Anyone have any idea??

Having problem finding a place for the man yue! Don't want to do it at home as it's a temp location for us! Check out those cafe and min spending including buffet is at least $800!! hiaz !! Old estate don't have those function hall and mine is level 1 so no void deck as well!!

Mummies at 3 weeks, how many times did your bb poo! Mine is still at least5 times and normally watery yellow stool. Is this normal?

Fung, old ppl always like tat. Bb cry always say hungry! Wanna faint.

Vi, I change frm ridwind to gripe water for colic and can hear bb always fart. No harm trying?

Gerry, so fast? Enjoy yr eating session. How's Eva colic?

Hippo, soya means soyabean drink? I recently have tis crave too. Vitasoy,rochor or selegie soyabean drink hehe

Yahooooooo ladies gd news to share I manage total latch my gal although I suffer 2 days of sore n swollen nipples so nw dun need to wash pump parts ..... Hehe lazy me

Gerry,

Ask u 1 question if latch on dun pump will my supply drop ??coz I used to pump every 3 hrs abt 150ml for both nw my gal every 2 hrs wan latch I just afraid she wouldn't be full

Mummy Ho,

I dun agree w wat ur LC say coz my gals been drinking EBM after we discharge fm hospital till just Thursday I decide to total latch dun pump first 2 days was v tough coz she scream n tear e whole house down so I told my gal if she dun drink than no milk for her force her to latch ended myself w sore n swollen nipple( I even went to buy nipple shield ytd) but today so far was quite a breeze (cross finger).

I can say we need a lot of patient if really wan to success let bb latch

totoro,

usu for full mth as long as within 30 day wil be ok n we usu calculate DOB as day 1...

Elmo,

erm but only 2nd day leh sian i light sleeper so when he eh eh i will wake up liao so i quickly pat him else he will wake up..

Hippo,

ok see the rest..

Re: Lunchie at JP Ria

Date:20 may or 23 May (pls state ur preference)

1) Piggytoh

2) Hippopolai

Vonn for Vianne gripe water don't work. Ridwind better because once she drank that she burp easily and a lot

Pink actually can give gripe water during normal times but I put it in milk so that Vianne will finish the gripe water

piggytoh

the problem is if i use the date, 27 Apr to 27 May, it's actually 31 day! Some people refer full month as date to date ( just like birthday) and some people refer as 30 days and some refer to the day before 27!! So I am so confused!!!

Hi mummies, been a long time since i last log in here.

Gerry need ur advise here...,

For ebm after we warm the milk, how long can we keep outside room temp (in the event bb doesnt finish his milk)? We can keep ebm for 3-4hrs in room temp after we pump right?

Vivi/mummies, i ever learnt infant massage & so called it helps to remove wind & helps bb to sleep better. Anyone interested in the notes, pm me. But do give me some time to scan... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pink, for our bb age is 5ml. Norm I add into water and let her drink. I think can use syringe and feed too but norm I add into water.

Vivi, since we tried no choice hope the colic will be gone soon.

Hi pink-thank you 4 yr info on baby's nite feeding..I can understand hw u feel cos my girl is a small eater too..my girl born on the same day with mrs chua,piggy and voon..theirs are drinking more 120ml-150ml while my girl is still at 90ml..shake head..however,I cannot force her to drink much too..anyway as long as every month she is growing well and in the normal range, I am contented!

Hi piggy-u mean even day time u do nt give regular feed? Wait for yr boy to call you? Then will the feed decrease then?

Hi vivi-jiayou! I Am looking 4ward to the third month too..somtimes after done everything, she still keep crying..do nt knw wat she really want..hope as time goes by, our girls will be easier to look after..ignore yr mil-most impt yr Hubby must support u...

Hi hippo,

thank you for yr reply on the baby's face wiping.. I thought need to use cotton wool for long term in cleaning baby's face..thank you for yr pointer..

Yoti how is your gal now ? Hubby supports me but most of the time he is working so have to depend on myself. Don't worry Vianne is also at 90ml can't increase her intake at all.

Avocado so long no see you! Hope you are doing fine. Actually I did contemplate on learning baby massage but I don't know how to do it. Even with notes I don think I can learn need someone to demonstrate hands on

Gerry/Hippopolai,

oh ok. we used hot water to warm ebm (that is what my MIL and CL did, so i also thought should be this way), only from your discussion, then i realize that need only 40 degree to warm up.. but if i didn't use warmer, how to know whether the water is about 40 degree? then juz now i asked my CL, she said should be 60 degree.

totoro,

i thought should be the date that you delivered? but then when you count the number of days based on the date you delivered, it should be 31 days for 27 right?

my mum told me that cannot celebrate after and before for bb boy.. but bb girl can celebrate earlier (but dunno whether got ppl still follow this tradition or not). You didn't ask your parents or PIL?

I think both my PIL and my place, have to pray. As for house don't have, have to go temple or not, i'm not too sure.. but i'm intending to bring my boi to temple to pray after his full month (but need to check with my ah ma and see how is it)

As for bb poo poo, my boi also poo alot but i didnt' count how many times a day. But he poo poo until backside red red and pain (think i should start to count how many times a day he poo poo). For my boi, whenever he let out gas, he will let out a bit of shit so every now and then we have to check and change his nappy once is wet so that his backside is not so painful

totoro,

quite true leh.. if based on 22 april to 22nd may, its considered 31 days.. hmm.. better check with my mum, MIL or my grandma and see how...

Mummies,

for CL, their services is considered 28 days or 30 days? start counting based on the day that she arrived?

Back