(2011/04) Apr 2011

Wow piggy, so happy rite when bb shows signs of sleeping thru longer in e nite! Hope he carries on..not like my monster here, in e day she keeps to a nice routine, drink milk then z..but whenever nite comes, after e 9+ or 10+pm feed she refuses to z..will open eyes big big n get cranky aft a while..try to drag her n coax her to z but bout an hr lata she'll wail for milk again..then we'll gif abit of fm n hope tt she z..but sometimes she's stil not happy so I'll stuff her my boobs..she'll suckle until machiam wanna z, but put her in cot she gets angry again! N when she gets angry, all e bm merlion out..n b4 we noe it it's bout time for next feed..we'll struggle every nite w her like tt until bout aft midnite or 2+am then she'll z..help ah..duno y she's like tt at nite..

N I chg her fm from similac to friso comfort, supposed to b for vomitting b colicky bb, but her poo changed drastically fm watery to mustard-like..n it's alot at one time..duno whether it's cos she's not suitable for tt friso le..anyone's bb taking friso comfort too?

Rach: Last time my bb take S26 and got hard stools.. So slowly change to Similac.. During the change we mix with Friso.. Although he nv poo everyday, but once poo will poo alot too.. So i supposed it's normal bah..

Rach mine worse daytime also sleep a bit or can pat very long finally sleep but before you know it . It is her feeding time Liao so the cycle goes on and on the whole day till late at night . If lucky she ko at 12.30am if not lucky will be past 2am by then my eyes are closing already

Sometimes I feel stress and wonder when will things be better? Or will this persist all the way [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Tks mikio, hope it's normal will monitor her stools n c how then..

Vivi, me too feel stress tho I noe I shouldn't b esp w my hypertension..haiz..let's hope for e best n believe tt this phase will b over..e elderly always say it'll get much beta after 100 days..hee..let's countdown together!

Piggy: ya rite nw i using medela dual pump but i always use 1 pump onli..i find my nipples quite uncomfortable after pumping..

Mrs Chua: i find hand express e milk flow faster n nipples nt so pain as compare 2 pump, Mdm Rokiah oso recommend hand express, lol.. But hand veri tired, but 4 mi still ok coz my supply nt a lot..miss her massage, can see milk fountain n @ e same time do facial treatment, haha..

I oso like pet pet, duno y my bb use drypers, her bkside will sticky sticky feel de...

pink,

wow. that's cheap! R is outgrowning all his clothes. wearing 3-6mths already. T.T

Mrs Chua & Michelle,

I think maybe its block ducts as mentioned, pump already the pain goes away! but come back again when boobs feels heavy. hmmm?

Anyone got recommendations for Salmon Sashimi buffet place that can accommodate me, hubby + a huge stroller? LOL! Got super craving for salmon today~!

Pearly, u want to try kuishinbo Japanese buffet? I know they have branch at suntec n jurong point. Find their variety quite good but can't recall if they have sashimi, think shd have since they r jap restaurant. As for quality of sashimi, er can't comment coz I don't take sashimi.

Or can try Irodori japanese restaurant buffet at Riverview

hotel at Havelock road.But take note their service is quite slow so make sure u order more plates of d sashimi.

Sigh just when I thought I can have a easier life the Yao LAN motor spoilt so I have to manually pat Vianne

Rach yeah hope this is just a passing phase. I always console myself that things will be better when about 3 months. Hope I can see some light at the end of the tunnel

Ningyo,

yes kuishinbo got salmon sashimi... i find their variety not bad too... but now gettin more ex liao...

Pearly,

if u like sashimi n Jap food i heard Ikoi Japanese Restaurant at Miramar hotel is gd but mus make bookin...

Rach,

i hope it a sign for sleep thru not a 1 time thingy lo.. really bth liao damn tired..

Vivi,

3rd mth is the magic mth most bb get ALOT better at 3rd mth onwards n u will start to enjoy motherhood n play with her[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Vivi,

the nose still abit block but better now...

dun worry from my experience it will only get better[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hee piggy I hope so too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Today forum very quiet I guess all must be out enjoying [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Littletwinstar & Lynn... My blocked ducts really stubborn lo. Massage until hands break Le still hard.. So must ask expert for help.. Mdm Rokiah did nt teach me hand express but o jus anyhow squeeze, as long as got milk come out I happy hehe...

Vivi nope me at home too. Camping. C not drinking well n

crying during feeds still. PD says nothing is wrong but I'm super frustrated n upset .

Hope Vianne is doing well . It's tough for us I'm looking for my light too ...

Ningyo/piggy,

Yea! Going kuishin bo now at suntec de! Hehe.. Hungryyyy.. Yumz!

Piggy i know Ikoi! I love there also but so squeezy! No way can my boy go with us.. Wanted to go de but no one can help babysit Kae for few hours so have to miss it.. Sad.. Hope kuishin bo will b good!

Vivi,

We're all hanging on with u also! 1day at a time.. Time will crawl but at least it won't stop.. I'm also super looking forward to 3rd or 4th month too..

Hi all.. Went lot 1 jalan jalan.. Kiddy palace having promo.. 15% for non members and 20% for members..

Pearly: try ikoi restaurant at mirama hotel.. Their salmon very fresh.. Buffet.. But have to make reservations.. They dun accept walk ins..

Pearly,

kuishinbo sashimi dun expect too much cant compare with those gd 1 buut ok la... hmm but better call to make reservation wor esp today wkend..

Mrs Chua

I think mine might be blocked ducts as well. yesterday too tired and can't remember what time I latch bb but this morning woke up with super painful boobs!! Now have to try pumping every 2-3hrs if not its really painful!!

Pink

My boy also drink very little today. Take super long to finish 10ml or 20ml of milk!! Not sure what happen so now as long as he have sign of wanting to drink, I'll feed him 30ml. I realized he tends to want to drink milk before he can fall asleep!

Mummies

What's your take on the bb photo at the man yue gift box! I have it for my #1 and my mum just told me not to do it this round as not sure what the recipients will do to the card!! She said not good for people to throw it to the dustbin with the photo on it!! But normally people will keep right?? Hiaz ...

I m also not enjoying out. just too busy to come here

mrs Chua

mdm Ida charge at $30-50 she said depend the blocked

re boobs mature mean our supply ll get stable b flow ll mire smooth by then. nw the milk pipe still working not fully open so the flow easy to stuck n block

pink

since yst K also crying when drink milk must pat pat her tight while feeding. just nw also cry like mad then drink half way jiu sleep. I suspect she got stm wind ler. u brg C see PD abt it?

tweety

You went to lot 1, have you tried the mango cake from this shop -Mangoesity

Now Groupon having 50% discount on the 400g and I thot it looks super nice! Only problem is CCK is too far from my place!!

Totoro,

Actually i don't keep those baby photo cards BUT if u're worried about pple doing smthg bad, how about don't indicated the baby's date of birth on d card?

I didn't indicate date of birth, just name of me n hubby n baby.

Anyway, share a funny story regarding the photo card. My mum pray at home n so on my boy's full mth, the cake was offerred for prayer. She didn't notice my boy's photo card inside n just went ahead to pray. Later when she wants to ask d God if ok to keep d prayer food, she use d 2 red things (dont know what they're called) to throw on floor and ask n she kept getting a NO reply. That's when she notice my boy's photo card inside. After she took away d card, she got a yes reply Liao.

Hi mummies,

night feed: from the previous post, u girls mean that we do nt need to wake up for their feed until they cried? I thought we need to give them regular feed during 1-3 months?? Thus give milk at nite only wen they ask for it?

Mrs Chua,

the stinging pain is back again! pump only few drops came out, massage very hard until like going to blue black doesn't seem to help.doesn't feel like engorgement.

bb keep on suckle until he pekchek and cry... then i have to switch sides to feed him. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

any other ways to relieve the block ducts?

Yes, Ikoi at miramar hotel is good.

When boobs mature by 2nd mth, I hope the supply will not be fixed, hope it will keep on increasing! Sad, very soon my supply will not be enough for my bb liao.

bbgoh

mine just drank half way again and fall asleep also! Do you mean that it could be stomach have wind? Now left with half of the Milk so have to keep till he wake up later. hiaz

ningyo

Guess I'll just omit the photo this time, maybe I'll just include the photo in the e-invitation for the man yue celebration! Guess DOB should be okie and I have already omited the time liao!!

Yoti

I only take the Q from bb for feeding. So far did not purposely wake him up no matter it's day or night!

Hippopolai

Thanks for ur reply. I got a hungry and impatient baby so I use hot water to speed up the warming process. I also notice the medela bottles turn soft after sterilizing in my pigeon sterilizer.

Sigh too bad my boy don't noe how to latch. I took him off the bottle today to cup feed him so as to retrain him. He kept crying I see le heart very pain.

Yoti,

all these numbers r jus guideline if ur bb is ready to sleep thru y wake them up.. sum wan them to sleep longer also cannot lo.. n like totoro day or nite i dun purposely wake them up if they r hungry they will ask for milk..

Hi mum05, thanks. But what is the difference between 'loose' and 'watery'? I noticed that her stool is watery and a bit seedy. Actually, before that I used to feed her with enfalac but don't know why recently she refused to drink and so we switch to similar. When she was with enfa, her stool is pasty type.

Mummy ho,

Like what hippo said, shouldn't warm ebm in hot water. Best is body temp.. If your boy is impatient then should warm it in advance.. Heating in hot water defeats the purpose of giving bm as the the antibodies and good stuff will be destroyed as soon as you placed the ebm in hot water..

Calling Hippopolai/Jtho/Tweety/Pink ,

when r we goin to have our ayam penyet lunchie at Jurong pt??? mummies who r stayin in west side or dun mind to travel also can join:p

Gerry - then my colostrum went to waste. I spent so much efforts expressing! Is it then ok to use pigeon warmer to warm the milk? I left the milk at 45deg for 5mins but the water still cold. My cl say baby cannot drink cold milk.

I m really stress out by breastfeeding.

Yoti I checked with my PD yesterday regarding baby's drinking during the night. He says 1st 3 months I shld feed her after a max of 5 hours at night. He doesn't recommend to let the baby sleep through.. U can check with ur PD and see

Bbgoh, yup I vidoed down C's crying during feeding to show PD. He says it's not colic n not anything it's her throwing tantrum. I'll find another PD for 2nd opinion. Today for 1 feeding she only took 20ml. I wanna faint liao. N she's already a small eater. Very very worried for her

Does ur K finish the milk after crying? Mine usually does but this afternoon's feed she didn't want to take bottle but latch on she wants...... Hmmm.... But after sucking for a few minutes then she didnt want liao.............

Mrs Chua baby g is such a gd little traveller !! Follows u to so many places!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mrs Chua, Lynn

I also having blocked duct nw. just done the msg. feel better nw. hope tml ll clear. wat I do is after pump as usual. I keep the ebm n remain the pump empty for lata use. I used olive oil ginvera (use wat u have, Bb oil also can) rub on the B then msg the B by pushing the lump area to nipple (prepare a small towel for wiping the milk) lie down position. just keep pushing the pain area to aerola then slightly squeeze te aerola can see the milk out. keep msg it then express by pump after tat. I ll discard the milk as got msg oil. if u wanna kp it, wash away b4 pump. hope it's work for u

pink

she ll finsih but take very long loh. just nw mil bought me 'bao Ying dan' ask me to give her. hope tml ll be better

Mummy ho,

I also use the pigeon warmer to warm my ebm.. I would set it at 40 degrees.. Hmmzz maybe 5 mins too fast.. Should wait at least 15 mins?? Actually my mom is the one who usually warms the ebm as if I am with baby, I would latch on..

Don't stress.. Can you latch on? I find it the best way to increase supply.. If you stress, supply will also be affected..

pink

bao ying Dan is Chinese med for Bb somethg like jing geng Shan. for coughing, vomiting, fever etc, mostly ll give for cranky Bb as it's quiet mild no harm to try it. if u wanna good one can buy at yu ren Shen. most medical hall got sell it.

totoro, actually I felt the same. I've never like photo on cakes(imagine cutting/eating it) and so, for my #1 & #2's full mth cake distributions, I chose those companies/packages that do not print baby's photo(dun wan ppl to throw my bb's photo away in the dustbin), [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mum05,

How u know supply is lower?? You latch your girl the whole day then you pump?? Cos I know if I latched all the time, my pump vol is naturally lower than if I pump exclusively like say if I was at work or away from my girl.. Usually, if I want to collect ebm ( and I am full time latch) I would do so in the morning as I find I can get more..

anyone knows how many degrees celsius then its considered fever for bb?

just caught my boy wheezing and episodes of cough from this evening till now.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Had a hard time from evening till now. Vianne also on milk strike drank only 60 ml and was crying refusing to drink. Then just now cried for at least 1 hour . When she fell asleep I put her down 10 mins later cry again and threw tantrum

It didn't help that my mil insist pacifier on her. I already told her umpteen times that Vianne refuse when she is cranky. End up I asked her to try Vianne spit the pacifier out.

Back