(2011/03) Mar 2011

Lilprecious, yes take care.. Will pray for u too.

Matched gal, dunno leh, i just started cereal today n bb got so excited keep asking for more! Haha.. So i think will stick to cereal until he got used to it n getting bored, maybe at least a week? Then start to intro new tastes n get him excited again.. Hee hee.. He's not sitting upright without support yet, so i fed him while he's seated on the bebepod or the stroller's most upright position.

Candy, that's a good idea.. i will try mixing the puree with bm too next time, to gently intro the new flavors. Hmm bcome like smoothie! Haha!!

Mummies who bought the baby cubes from rach, have u started using them yet? Useful?? My set never arrived in the mail so wondering if i shd get another one. Want to, but heartpain coz now the cost like doubles.. Haha..stingy mummy

Lilprecious,

My #1 also needed the nebulizer and puff, so i feel u... I think maybe you need to let him fully recover first before exposing him to sch again... dats wat i did, and it takes time... I oni put her for 3 hr program to let her system get used to it... Mine also nonaircon, but with rather stringent checks for sick kids... Anyway, i think u're on the right track in looking for other schools... Jiayou...

Vosiez,

My bb also v excited when eating... She lunges forward at everymouthful... End up looking like santa claus wif cereal all over her nouth and nose, hehe... I put her on the ikea chair but with pillow at the back so can support her back... I tink i plan to intro puree oni when she gets sick of cereal :p. Duno if cereal alone is nutritious enuff tho... Hmmm... Mayb i can ask pd at my nxt visit...

Panda hut, you can buy it from Watson. Remember to apply a thin layer after your moisturiser.

lilprecious, I hope jayien will recover soon! U must take good care too! =(

Matched gal, yeah let us know what ur pd say re. nutrition ok! Btw, is the ikea high chair good? I'm still looking for 1 to buy. Moving hse in a few months' time so lazy to buy furnitures, haha.. But i think cannot delay much liao. Which ikea model r u using? Any comments? My sis said the plastic one is cheap n good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

2Ks, i rembr u mention the handheld blender being v useful. I'm looking for 1 to buy.. Which model r u using again ah? Saw the basic 1pc braun but it's made of plastic, heard it will discolor easily when used on carrots etc. The Bosch basic model is stainless steel, but only 300W vs braun's 400W. Wld u say the wattage is important? Basically more power means can blend finer n faster right..? Btw can they be used to blend cooked herbs/veggies n meat in soup ah? Coz mostly the box only say use for soups, smoothies, mayo, creams.. Any Mummies have experience with handheld blenders n care to comment?

1 more thing jts, mummies who haven't started bb on any solids... Remember to get the video cam ready to capture his first time!! It's priceless.. Enjoy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

lilprecious: oh dear...bronchitis already ah..

need to neub so long? hope he get well soon...

its heartpain to see him like that..

hope english + chinese will speed up his recovery.

vosiez: i am using philips...the cheapest kind..

to me no need to get an ex one, cos u wouldnt blend for very long. a simple one will do..

and the blending u prob use 1-2 mins each time, so it wont stain the things la..

unless u dont wash immediately. watts is not important at all..

no need to blend so finely or fast too..

lilprecious..which one? jav or jay? tot jay was on neb..not Jav..

oh Jav's school has no air con..

coz J's school has air con..his first class mate he ever had from the school quit the school for another CC which has no air con coz the boy was always sick..not sure how the boy is doing now though..

morning mummies,

i went taka fair liao..the exersaucer there got one very interesting one..selling $199 + free changing wallet cum mat..worth it??

oh there is avent selling their blender bundle too...i think is $169 or $199...they claim their blender can steam and blend..dont need to trf the food from steamer to blender...plus they throw in some freedies like the avent storage cups, bibs etc..worth it anot??

Babybride> the avent steam blender was selling $179 for a while at kiddy palace and most other places...

Taka baby fair is now $199...

I can get it lesser than $140 online at Philips website.

But no freebies... Only the steam blender itself..

Delivery $5 else self collect at Philips warehouse....

Let me know if u want it....

But now OOS... I'm waiting to be back in stock to order for my friend...

2Ks, ic thank you.. So i might get the lower wattage one then.. So far haven't seen the phillips model leh, lasttime u bot ard how much ah?

Babybride, fyi the bosch handheld blender is $49 at courts, but of coz this one cannot do steaming la.. I'm planning to do the steaming in a small pot/saucepan using the ikea portable steamer thingy, so dun need to use the traditional big steamer. Hee hee.. Btw today is last day for taka bb fair ah?

no vosiez, the taka bb fair til 14th Aug

rach, i let u know..caz i thinkg if shld get this or the separate steamer and blender kind...thanks huh

tried rice cereal on my bb last weekend, she vomit. tried 4 spoonfuls (her spoon, not even a teaspoon), she oso vomit yesterday

either she cannot stomach rice cereal or her stomach is not ready for solids?

ok, shall try other purees to see how her stomach goes...

sianz leh, #1 time no such problem de leh

Pixie, dun worry, my bb also like dat, dun think know how to swallow yet. Everytime tot she swallow alr, then pui out inthe next 5 secs.. making me waste so much tissue lor!

lilprecious, jiayou! take care of yourself so that you can take care of the 2 J's. Since know kena brochitis, then have to take care in the future, coz they say it will be worse (until they are older to outgrow it)

Hi Ladies,

Haven't posted here for long time. Since starting work not much time to even come in and read.

I have about 50 packs for febm to give away. Self collect from my place at AMK. If anyone interested PM me please. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i'm planning to start solid when my girl is 6mths or a wk before.. but tat the week tat she's gg for her jab... mayb not a gd time.. getting abit more excited but know nuts abt how to go abt it..

1 teaspoon means 1 teaspoon of cereal & mix with 2 teaspoon of milk? muz feed for how long den can replace a feed?

Vosiez, I can't lor coz my boy dun like me doing it. Tried taking pics for the first 2 times n he threw tantrums at me. Thats y I managed to take pics of him screaming and rejecting cereal! Lol. Only when I concentrate on feeding him, he then managed to finish 1 tablespoon!

2ks

yup, will try brown rice and other brands too liao...bo bian

tres

i mean my bb vomit everything, not spit out

eg feed her milk at 12noon, 4 spoons of rice cereal at 2pm, then at 3pm, she vomit her milk feed which was from 12noon. super stinko

not even a teaspoon leh, coz the weaning spoon is so small...

time really pass so fast..

just blink blink, our babies going to turn 6 months soon...

my mum always told others kiefer 6 months liao..i always said 5 MONTHS ONLY hor..

dont want my baby to grow up so fast...

2ks yup yup ...time really pass very fast...

I am going to celebrate his 6 mths birthday ....buy a cake and take family portrait ....

oh Pixie, maybe she is 'alleregic' leh? Try other brands? OR simply her tummy is not ready for Cereal? Have u try mixing into her milk just to get her use to the taste of Cereal?

ya man, 2K, it just seems like only w few weeks ago, it was MArch.. now it alr Aug and soon we will be reaching for Xmas then our bb 1st bday... wow!

yes lo..time really flies..before long, the months would turn into years and the small bb will no longer be a bb....but a toddler...

kekekek

Pixie,

izit cos bb too full dats y vomit milk? i usually feed cereal at the same time as her usual milk feed... it's like a replacement feed, but since i oni giv 3 tablespoons, i usually follow immediately with 2/3 amount of the usual milk feed...

Mummies those using BABY SAFE SLING theres an announcement in the straits times today page A12 to RECALL the two tone colour "ochre grey" baby sling under "rustic batik collection"

Material used less durable.

But I think not many mummies bought la. Just sharing just in case. Anyway they are re calling all rustic batik collection.

matched gal, tres

i dunno, i suspect her stomach not ready for solids or she is allergic to the rice cereal. 4 mouthful doesnt constitute a replacement meal lah, i feed her just to test water only coz last week vomit, try this week again mah/ who knows...

i have to try other puree or food to determine if shes really not ready or allergic to rice cereal.

winner! if allergic to rice cereal then how to eat rice when growing up? LOL

i was at daiso when she vomitted, in the end cleared up the vomit on the floor ourselves, got maid to q n pay, while me + bb + #1 went to look for baby room, need to clean up bb + handle my son, sometimes feel v tiring

Hi Mummies!!

Long time nv come in, been very busy with my closing ... tough to chiong wk and rush bk to fetch bb from IFC on time... I have also start bb on cereal and puree... guess I'm a fast and furious mummy cos so early start bb on puree liao... In regards to cereal, on the 2nd try I already replace 1 of her feed... cos bb quite like eating cereal =) As for puree some she like some she don't like... so far she has been eating HB Brown Rice cereal, bought a rice cereal from another brand for her, gg to try it out tml... if she's ok with it then at least can alternate btw the cereal not so sianz for her... love the bb cubes for storing my puree, so handy!!

Went NTUC today... pampers diapers and pull up pants having sale... Enfalac stage 2 also having sale... interested mummy can go take a look...

Seems like alot of mummies starting on solids.

My boy next week 6 months old, but am still slowly intro solids. For the past 1 week, my mum just gave 2 small spoon of cereal to test test water, this week just increase to 4 small spoon and he enjoy it alot, whole head will lean forward and hands will come and want to grab the spoon. Slowly slowly increase then when he about 7-8 month then start on puree.

limlim, oat cereals..seems abit complicated...think better starts with rice/brown rice cereal...scare bb wont be able to digest ...

1 teaspoon means 1 teaspoon of cereal & mix with 2 teaspoon of milk? muz feed for how long den can replace a feed?

Pixie: I can understand how u feel... Sometimes we feel very tired.. But Bo bian one..

When u hv that kind of feeling, walk away (if someone around to c them), then buy yourself something then go back to the kids again... U feel better

Sometimes I feel frustrated too cos this didi need so much attention then I hv to leave kyler alone...

It's not easy to balance up.. Let's do it together ok..

Matched gal, yay great thanks for the review! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pauline, hee.. I asked hubby to take for me, so i cld focus on feeding the bb.. So he didn't notice he was on video. My bb is has been v funny when he sees me taking pics w the camrea too, like when he was smiling v cute i want to take pics, but the moment he noticed the camera he will look stunned n stare at the camera.. Haha.. But somehow not affected by iphone maybe coz i use too often so he got used to it being in mummy's hand.. Haha babies r so smart

Xiaofeizhu, the bb cubes good ah? Do u write the dates to watch for expiry or just try to remember?

Pixie, uh oh.. may be just try 1 alternative solid food n if she vomit it too, wait a couple of weeks? Cos she vomit not just spit up, maybe her tummy is really not ready yet.. Is she still drinking v little milk btw? If milk n solids both persistently difficult maybe u wanna ask pd, coz then her weight gain may be affected right? I'm always v concern abt my bb's weight gain leh. These last 2 weeks he was not gaining much, tat's partly y i started him on solids too.. Previously planning to start after 6 months.

Any other mummies notice ur bb's weight gain slowed a lot too? Is it normal?

Joc, i agree it's better not to coincide intro solids with jab.. Cos the side effects from the jab can b unpredictable. My bb had no problems with his first 5-in-1 jab, but he had fever on the second jab. It was quite unexpected.. :p

Btw, ytd my bb started to blow bubbles with his cereal. Wow! He was so happy n i was so busy cleaning up.. Aiyo.. Babies will be babies! :D

Limlim: have u give Lucien lots of cereal already or try all the purees?

I didn't start kyler on oats so fast, I think 8 months or so..

But it's personal preference la, u can start if u like it..

PaulIne: hmmm... When u decide to stop bf then u can give fm...

But do it gradually too... Like 3 feeds bm then 1 feed fm etc.. Cos I see some babies hv prob with fm too.. And remember if u give fm, give water ok..

There is no when u wanna intro fm la.. Depend on when u wanna stop bf.. They still need their milk:.

Kyler never been on fm till 14 months..

Hello everyone!!!

Happy National day!!!

Eden finally accepted puree last weekend... HE ate it fast and furious...

My hubby started him on cereals when 4.5 months (without my knowledge), but he was not ready, always dribble out or spit it out... He only try on weekends... Then the third weekend, he finally accepted without fuss... Cos maybe he was given jar apples? Very sweet... lol...

Today im going to make puree myself.. lol...

Ask your ah... If freeze the puree, then when wanna eat how ah? Defroze overnight as well?

Then when wanna eat just put into milk warmer?

Vosiez,

Actually when they start on solid foods, their weight gain will slow down... I'm trying not to let my bb gain so much weight dats y i started on cereal :p

But i guess if u wan bb to gain weight, u can maintan the milk amount, while having the additional solid feed, hehe...

Mummies,

The spoon which u feed bb also important... I previously used jiejie's plastic spoon, but then ah, bb's gums bit against and she cried once... Yesterday juz bot tommee tippee feeding spoon with soft edge, and fed her with it to her delight..

My ger was on cereal from 4.5monthd old .. Gave her 1 scoop w 20ml of milk ... 2feeds a day sometimes ..cos she still has problem drinking my bm ... I have also almost replace 3/4 of her milk to fm .. Cos realized that she totally dislike febm .. Tongue keep on pushing out .. Drunk only 30-40ml type .. For ebm, sometimes she ok but sometimes she also push out teat .. But for fm, she can finish e whole bottle n I find her more participative (as in she will continue n keep on sucking, that was nv e case for ebm/febm) .. So hb n I concluded she like fm ...now only pump 2x so just give her watever ebm I have loh ... But I rather she drink more than insist on giving ebm/febm n she not drinking Tat much .. Going to start her on puree tmr ... Will try carrot first ..

Vosie> so u received ur baby cubes already??

RL's weight also slowed down but Nv my concern and I Nv really am Concerned with my girls weight cuz both big babies...

RL was putting on 1kg a month.. Now abt 300-500g a month...

Think will slow down after a while.. So it's normal...

Fel> no need bring down overnite... Just take out the cubes from freezer and throw into milk warmer... Direct into the water...takes abt 15min to warm up at 70degrees...

Usually I take out in advance and warm.. When wanna eat then remove and cool Down a bit.. Else mix into cereal..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mimimo: ya, i heartpain too.. booo.. but wad to do, sigh! but i see the sch hygiene is okay leh..

i dont dare take chi herbs leh.. lol, u ask me eat chic essence i also dowan!! hahahaha..yet i believe in chi med v much, im a weirdo!

Vosiez: thanks dear..

anw, if ur baby cubes is lost in mail, u can always go daiso and buy ice cube trays with cover.. not necessarily need baby cubes one ma.. $2 each ice cube tray, u can use 1 cube for the beginning, v easy one..=D i've been doing tt for number 1, n will do for Jay now.. =D

matched girl: but each time if im to wait till he fully recover den send huh, it'll take v long, den he'll start crying in sch cos break too long..sigh!

thanks Pauline..

2Ks: ya lo! very sian.. ytd when we went back PD, PD says he still got lotsa phlegm n still wheezing, still gotta be on neub.. n now, i haf to try neub him w jus saline solution in btw the 3 hrs.. meaning every 1.5 hours im using the machine. i can really go mad! the tuina is helping him to poo out phlegm n slp better..improved his flu too.. so hopefully all clears up fast!... PD told me may last for 2-3 weeks judging by it.. i wanna faint alrdy..gg back again on Thurs..

Jaime: Jay on neub, but Jav was the one who passed it to him n was sick.. n even til now, hes not yet 100% recovered.. about 93%? 7% still coughing here n dere n haf flu..=.=

thanks Tres, yup.. gotta be extra careful, cannot catch cold.. ergh..

anw, Happy National Day to everyone! n enjoy yr long rest,.... cos i know alot too leave for ytd n tmr for sure!!! hahahahaha...

ST: Lucien has been on 1mth + brown rice cereal. I was thinking intro oats so that he can have more variety.

2ks: Lucien tried lotsa puree le. (Apple, Peach, Pear, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Spinach, Peas, Carrot, Avocado, Banana). I make till dunno what new flavour to intro. Lolzz.

Back