(2011/03) Mar 2011

ya lor, me also. Wanna a house to be zen contemporary, every thing also have shapr corner. As bb grow older, i will have headache lor. Have to put those ugly plastic rubber stops at those sharp corner. So ugly!!!

Ai ya, me three. My house also have tons of sharp corner. I also have a custom made dining table that cannot be move. Hahaha... Tres, dun worry those super ugly plastic rubber protector won't stay there for too long. Coz' before you know it your curious little bubs will peel them off and stuff them into their mouth. I used to have to put them on the sharp corners on a daily basis.

2ks: LOL kyler look so damn cute!

babybride: wah! magnetic wall? so cool! in my house i'm always having trouble sticking magnets lol.

taka baby fair not much choices for walkers, think check out kiddy palace better.

i guess in the house nothing is totally child safe ba, turn around u might have a marble up the nostril. really need a pair of eyes on the toddler. i remember when i was small, i was just scared of the cane so i didn't dare go near the furniture lol the funnest canning session was when i happily drew on the walls, whee~ freedom for creativity.

Hi mummies,

Just to share an article on children's car seats contain harmful chemicals that are linked to reproductive problems, developmental and learning disabilities, hormone imbalances and cancer.

Brands tested include: Alpha Sport, Baby Trend, Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Compass, Dorel Juvenile Group (Cosco, Eddie Bauer, Maxi-Cosi, Safety First), Evenflo, Fisher Price, Graco, Harmony Juvenile, Orbit Baby, Peg Perego, Recaro, Sunshine Kids, Teutonia, The First Years.

Best and Worst Car Seats

Worst 2011 Car Seats:

Infant Seat: Graco Snugride 35 in Edgemont Red/Black & Graco SnugRide 30 in Asprey

Convertible Seat: Britax Marathon 70 in Jet Set & Britax Marathon in Platinum

Booster Seat: Recaro Pro Booster in Blue Opal & Recaro ProSPORT Toddler in Misty

Best 2011 Car Seats:

Infant Seat: Chicco KeyFit 30 in Limonata, Graco Snugride 35 in Laguna Bay & Combi Shuttle 33 in Cranberry Noche

Convertible Carseat: Graco Comfort Sport in Caleo, Graco MyRide 65 in Chandler and Streamer, Safety 1st OnSide Air in Clearwater, and Graco Nautilus Elite 3-in-1 in Gabe

Booster Seat: Graco Turbo Booster in Anders

http://www.healthystuff.org/departments/childrens-products/about.findings.php

hello ladies!!

finally i can catch up again...sigh!

drama week!.. Jav's much better frm chi med n tuina.. but poor lil Jay is in a bad state.. this morn, he coughed n coughed n merlioned everything out at 6am.. on my bed, his bed..everywhere.. i carried him up n heard wheezing sounds, felt sth's wrong liao.. immd packed up n finish things den went to PD liao.. end up, my poor lil baby is now on neubiliser.. PD says go wheezing sounds in his lungs.. but he's still not v bad, still breathing ok n flu n phlegm dont seem tt bad.. so jus put him on neubiliser for the slight breathlessness n wheezing.. but to me, its really a v painful sight.. sigh! i was in sucha dilemma i wanted to jus go straight dwn to Jav CC n tell them i wanna withdraw.. sigh! but thinking, i know it doesnt work tt way.. so i jus told myself, jus try to tahan a few more mths n i really hope this falling sick episode will be over.. soon!!!

wad a suay aug...

Jaime: my stupid line dono wad happen la.. they cut off when i alrdy paid bills n until now haven settled my house phone line.. super lousy service!

ya lo.. imagine i every week haf to see IL.. can faint sometimes.. cannot outspeak them one, cos if i do which i normally will def win them.. my mil will tell my hb i dont like her... =.=

pixie: i paid le lo!! starhub jus cut off like tt, no warnings no nth.. suddenly i woke frm nap, my phone says no service.. GRRRR..

ya, im realy trying hard to hold on n not gif up on this CC.. each time i send him back, he'll return sick.. damn sian.. sigh! but i know its a process n i know im halfway thru it liao, def not worthy to gif up now.. right? =(

2Ks: ya, i switched Jav to PD instead, but tts when his cough worsen, so tt night i went back tuina again.. n aft 1 session tuina n 2 doses of med he cld slp n not cough anymore.. now he's jus left with phlegm.. headache..

ya, starhub really quick sucky nowadays.. i used to like them so much, but now every now n den they gif me such probs.. make me wanna scold them upside dwn...=X

mimimo: thank u,its a great encouragement.. yes! now their connectivity like much more worse den b4! tsktsk..

sinmey: agree with u too.. phone is really a need!... no phone can die.. hahaha.. cos like 2Ks say, public phones are v rare nw!..

thanks for concern, Jav much better le..=D left poor lil Jay..

pauline: singtel okay? cos i used to be with singtel quite some years back, n they always anyho charge me overseas call cos i used to live at 700+ pasir ris there, they say its near M'sia.. =.=

i went to taka fair today, to help my close friends get necessities....i didnt got time to bio the walkers leh

i changed 11 preloved bottles at pigeon, they gave me lots of freebies! but i didnt see what were those as i sent for foc delivery

then chiongz to isetan baby sale, bjorn on sale 15% off, my fren bot 2; we order our desired colour from supplier.

tmr going tmc, anyone wants to get stuff from tmc which eg not sold anywhere?

Ai yo little jav so poor thing. lilprecious, dun worry with neubiliser the phelgm will loosen and the wheezing will go away and little jav will definitely feel much better. Reminds me of my son when he is younger. Bought him for 1st mth jab in polyclinic, a inconsideration lady cough into him. Got him sick. In the end, kenna hospitalize and he is only 2mths old. The thought of it still made me angry. Nvr go sengkang polyclinic.

Pixiepixel,

you on leave today? can do so much shopping?

ss dropping again. 3 days of papaya fish soup also no effect. Trying Pixie leisure pump now.

Airmez,

did u try the leisure pump got increase in ss.

Sigh... talking to myself again. Good night. 3 let down only 90ml combined. Tmr will be a better day. I hope.

Hi mummies, anyone tried prince lionheart bebepod? How does it compare to bumbo seat? Share some feedback please.. Thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pixie

Rem to bring a milkbag when you go down to Tmc cos they will ask you to pump. I recalled they charged me $60++ for 30 min session.

Lilprecious

Hang on hang on, you can do it! Your boy boy is trying too and doing a good job [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thanks freeaijan & valerie...

valerie: u still remember that when u were young, u drew on the walls ah! i am lucky cos kyler is not those itchy hand type..cross my fingers for didi..

lilprecious: oh..hope jay will recover with a few courses of neub...he be fine de..

the first time when kyler was on neub, i was so sad u know..

but after that i got used to it, well, to me as long they get better, i do whatever..

but likewise, when i hear him cough abit, i always start with chinese medicine first cos its more mild...but if it doesnt get well, i bring him see my fav gp..

usually he gets well with a box of ba bao san...

looking at the amount of medicine the kids took really heartpain hor..haiz..

if u think that jav still not used to the cc, how about changing the cc? some cc the air really doesnt suit the kids..

give him 6 months to adapt..otherwise see other options??

freeiajen: are u referring to power pump??

a couple of mummies from my previous thread tried before...and it really works, but it take abit of time leh..

my PIS broke down last week...work too hard...LOL

luckily i bought a 2nd hand freestyle to be keep in office to use...

i wanted to get a 2nd hand PIS again to use but my MIL is so against it..LOL..she scolded my hubby and told my hubby to pay for a brand new set since i can do a trade in of the spoilt set..

after using freestyle for the past one week, yday finally use back my PIS...to me there is a difference leh...i can pump 40-50ml more with PIS at the same amount of time spent..

just to share my observations with u guys...

freestyle take longer to clear and the output is really abit lesser...

to me la...

Mummies using medela pumps, do u diligently wipe dry the parts b4 using? My tubes also end up w water droplets inside n dunno if it will end up in the motor n spoil it..

SN,

try this to prevent the droplets from entering the motor... plug in the tubing to the pump but not to the bottles... leave it there say for a min or so...

2Ks

I heart my PIS too! Love it to bits. I'm thinking of getting a second hand one, do you know the price range?

May I know what Chinese medicine is recommended for cough and flu, for infants?

mimimo: although PIS is really more bulky...but i find it better to use than freestyle...

freestyle is convenient which i admit..

but PIS i have more output and its faster..

2nd hand one hor...the price not so cheap also leh...

some with warranty can sell $400

without warranty one $300-350

local or US set price about the same..

thats why that day i was headache over

US set - $380

repair - $250

trade in - $550

as long as your set is local set, even expired warranty, u bring back to the toh guan there,

all service charges will be $50 only, otherwise all US set service will be charge $100.

and all local set are entitled to trade in offer...

freesiajen

yest took leave. Spend the afternoon running in the rain in orchard. First I went paragon to see dentist. Then doc no see me. Then go behind bldg see my orthondist. Then to another building see skin doc. Then back to paragon to see another dentist. The super bad thing was I din bring brolly and the 3 buildings NO shelter. So I ran accross back n forth.

U tried my leisure or power pump? Leisure is the long pump with at least 2-3 letdowns kind? Or the intensive during weekends, relax during weekdays kind?

Btw. Change type of ur pump can help to push ss. Coz diff pump, ur boobs different result. Altenate it hor, ur boobs more onz. If constant same, body n boos very auto pilot mode. Just change the game abit to perk up ur boobs heehee

eh why ur ss drop??!

hi mommies,

sorry to butt in..

I have 2 tins of 400g Nan Pro 2. Would like to exchange it for a tin of 900g Friso 2.

kindly PM me if any moms is keen in exchanging. Thanks!

fel: yup..i look up to my MIL...she is really very nice..

and she opened both saving accounts for my boys too, she keep the bank book...

she told me, last time her MIL treat her no good, so she make sure she treat her DIL good, like daughter.

too bad my younger BIL wife one kind, never appreciate what she does for her...

still say she dunno how to teach her son i.e. her hubby

mimimo

dun need milkbag leh. I emptied my boobs before coming out. Wah. Wong boi boi massaged for me leh. She say I got lumpy tissues. Bo bian de. I have to see a referral therapist to massage the tissue. Tissue ok! Not lumps. Cfm no blockage or lumps Liao. Just tissues clustering together. Then made the ducts narrower. No wonder it takes me so long to empty my boobs. I got think abt it lor, why this time round vs my #1 time, takes longer time to strip off milk. Now then I know

wong bb massaged Liao my bm started to drip. And it's v white bm. Must be 千年老幺 coming out

pixie: wah!! wong boi boi attend to u! u are so lucky...how much u paid

but her assistant also not bad..

last time attend her class, see her assistant before

Jaster, yah i used to do tt but nowadays the tubings too many droplets liao until got algae grossss. So gg to change new tubings

2K - Wow your MIL really nice huh? Still open savings account for both your boys..

My MIL lei... Never give Eden a single thing since he born... Not even a tiny peanut!!!

lol..

pixie: quite cheap hor! didnt expect so cheap..

i never see a lactation consultant before...

even i 2nd time give birth in tmc, the lactation consultant also never come and see me...

but there was a senior nurse which is very good, she was the one that encourage me to bf even though one side short nipple

lilprecious

think this season flu season, my GP confirmed it coz good business at the clinic..my son since end june fell ill 3 times oredi..today send back to school with cough n flu..

his mei mei has 2 bouts of flu and she is not even 6 months..i suspect its from J..poor Jay..i feel for u..how come baby so young n on BM can faill ill

coz J didnt fall ill at all at home till he went IFC at 10 months..

CC is no choice lor..if withdraw..next time also same mar

must see the good side of the CC lor...ask ur son sing song to ur MIL ..then she see wat the school teach so many things lor...haahaha

u at simon ng yeesterday..i was there in the mornig with J ..he remember i just bgt the mei mei on sat...hahhaha..

jaime: last time i also blame myself leh...wondering how come kyler on bm yet still sick, on neub too...then even once admitted cos of high fever that wont go away..

but i realized the effects of BM is not see short term one...must see long term..

i must say kyler is much stronger after 1 year old..and he recovers faster too..

dunno applicable to others or not la

2ks, you mean repair spoilt motor for PIS costs $250? including or excluding service charges?

trade in for new PISA $550?

my old local set was spoilt during my younger one's 2nd month, warranty expired. I borrowed another PISA from my friend. Then recently I bought freestyle. At home I use freestyle so that I can walk around to tend to my older kid. I leave my friend's PISA at work.

I bought my freestyle from 1st few years, but warranty is provided by the shop. Didn't know got trade in at toh guan. Otherwise I would have traded in my spoilt PISA. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Pooh bear, i also bought my pisa from first few yrs... I wonder if can do trade in at toh guan if spoil..

Mummies who have yr own house, do u bring yr bb to visit yr parents n in laws every weekend? Like tt, dun u have no time for yr own family bonding? Just wondering in advanced cos my house coming early next yr, dunno if should visit both sides every weekend. Like damn shag.

SN,

Mine also first quarter next year coming by then bb almost 1 yrs old lor. I planned weekend bring back to resort, then I can rest or do my own stuff mah. Moreover resort & my coming plc v near 5 min drive only.

Dun need to visit both sides every weekend lah, some weekday night also can visit. If I want to bring bb out, then go out first and evening come back resort zzzzz. Then me & HB can go patoh mah. hahaha!!!

THis morning my HB asked me a question, he asked if our son know if we are his parents or not. I told him next time he older will know, now doesn't matter and I dun mind if he close to my mum or my in-laws rather than my maid.

pooh bear: $200 (parts), $50 (svs charge if warranty expired)

that is applicable only for local set. US set will cost double for the service charges, parts i am not too sure.

yup...trade in the set is deduct $200 mah...the new pis set cost $754 - $200 = $554 lor.

now the backpack looks smaller and nicer la..

i wanted to get 2nd hand..but my hubby think a brand new set with warranty will be better cos in future still got trade in value...

so we got the local set lor.

PIS i keep at home, cos i use more at home mah..and i prefer PIS more to freestyle though..

but freestyle portable la...but the power not as good as PIS i would say so

i dont think the set u guys bought from first few years can be used for trade in.

its US set too right? just that the repair is done by first few years not at toh guan...

perhaps u guys can call and check?

trade in is applicable for all models too..like PIS u can trade in to freestyle etc

pandahut, dun tell me we bought the same development? haha!

eh, now you complaining every weekend gotta go back resort, but when your house is ready, you still gonna bring bb back to resort every weekend? only for the day or also for the night?

your mom will continue to take care of your bb after your house is ready? I am still not sure of how to settle my baby care arrangement once my house is ready..... cos hb and i work in the east....mom's house in the west....new house in central area..... if my mom continues to take care of bb, means everyday, we gotta travel central to west to east and vv!!!! super faints!

SN: I totally feel you. That's why me and my hubby 忍痛割爱 rent out our brand new house wef today. sob.. sob.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

And it doesnt help that the angmoh couple kept gushing abt how lucky they are to rent our house, and how they love the new curtains, new electric appliances etc...

Me and my ah lau look at each other

欲哭无泪

sigh...

SN,

I also dun knw how's the plan once flat is ready. My mum will still continue to look after bb on weekday but whether at my new flat or her place still dun knw yet as me & my hb not in hurry to move in. Me at Sengkang area, so dun think same development.

Weekend I think will still go back overnight, coz ultimately my son still follow their surname right and its better that he is closer to his grandparents than leave him 7 days a week to the maid. And maybe when he 2-3 yrs old, my MIL wil retire. That's y eventhough dun really like but hv to learn to let go abit if not will go crazy esp now i already working and at times v busy with work and year end I need to go Germany and my mum can't look after during the night so got to depend on my MIL lor.

AirMez,

wahhhh... i can feel the "biang biang biang" sound in your heart... so sayang... why rent out leh? =) can go back on wkends to stay mah???

Ehhh.. you all so good lor! my neck is very long in waiting for my house to be ready leh... 3rd quarter of 2014 leh! siggggghhhh... by then both my kids (if i'm able to conceive a 2nd one.. hehee..) will be quite old liao leh... hahaa...

but i'm thinking since wkdays my kids will be taken care of by my mom.. one of the wkends will bring them back to holiday resort... then left another day we spent as a single unit family instead of being in a clan lor... maybe once in a while on Friday nites will bring over to stay if there are still rooms by then... hahaa...

Jaster: Aiyoh... though heart "Bing Pong Biang", still has to be rational mah.

Empty house = Rental Income mah. Quite substantial in the long run leh, dun play play...

So hopefully when bb big, can go to CC. Then we take the rental income and have a MAJOR overhaul to the house. Gotta console ourselves in this way... bobian.

Jaster, I understand how u feel. Mine is supposedly to b ready only in 2015.

So even if I want a 2nd one soon, very hard. Cos no space. I'm really envious of all e mommies w their own houses. Cos can have play yard for e kids, own room, own space blah blah. Haha

Oh well, life is such! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

AirMez,

siggghhhh... true also hor... espeically when you all rent out the whole house... then even more $$$... but sayang lah.. u all got a chance to stay in there?

sher,

and such is life! yeah lor... bb can have their own room.. i can buy this and that for them.. but now with limited space everything also buy those are needs and and not wants de lor!

No! We din even manage to 'bong bong' in the pool, sweat a drop in the gym and bbq one miserable chicken wing!!!!

SOB!!!

Back