(2011/03) Mar 2011

limlim: you can try zucchini, broccoli, potato and musk melon too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Mummies!!

Vosiez - Handy becos just need to take one out and pop into the milk warmer (like what rach mentioned) then can feed bb liao... 1 cube for 1 feed, no fuss... I don't write the date cos so far I only prepare the puree for 3 feed each time so the puree will only be there for 3 days very easy to rem... on the 3rd feed (aka 3rd day) of the current puree then I will make new puree for the next 3 days... this also make sure I follow the 3 day rule for introducing new food to the bb in case of allergy... so bb have to take the same food for 3 days in a row...

2Ks - Ya so far so gd... previously got a few HFMD case so I abit worried... then last week one of infant got 2 ulcer kena reject by IFC but the parent nv bring to see doc (as told to me by 1 of the parent) but next day 1 of the ulcer recover liao so accepted by IFC plus there was no other symtoms... but got little drama by 1 of the parent abt it then... Is Auntie Jennifer right?? I know she on long MC, by right suppose to come bk after national day but not confirm as told to me by teacher E previously but she nv tell me what is her illness... feels sad for her... btw, I bought my Tiger brand thermal pot at taka today cos got promo, now pending for taka's free delivery...

Mummies, do you know which brand of organic bb food has rice cereal for bb w/o soy , wheat, gluten content? I bought the one under this brand call Bellamy but quite 'gluey' then realise got soy etc content... cos I wanna alternate bb btw rice and brown rice cereal cos I scare everyday brown rice very heaty...

Blended fish. Mayb only la, some mummies start early.. Some put blended fish into porridge. My mum keep pressurizing me to start solids. My gal only 4 n half mths! Not even 5 mths. Can't sit without support also.

Limlim: how about mixing 2 flavors of puree together?Ike carrot + spinach, peas + butternut, apples + pears etc??

But it's up to individual la, u can give oats if u think Lucien is ready..

Xfz: yup hfmd is what I most scared of over there.. Cos the infants and toddlers are all together that's y...

I was also worried when I received the pink notice...

And I keep checking kyler when he was at home..

Cos now with didi around, I can't take the risk..

Lilprecious: I m very scares of the virus spreading between the brothers too... But I think it's so hard to avoid lor.. I can only ask kyler reached Hm must wash hands wash legs before anything else...

Hope jay recovers soon!

Hearing mummies who juggles with 2 kids really makes me Tink twice abt having a 2nd kid. Yet again, I slays tot it's gd for them to have siblings.

Joc: when u have the 2nd kid, u will adjust yourself, your mind, your thinking one...

dont worry...

fel: butternut after cooking look like pumpkin, the shape is like a "hu lu"

the outside is brownish yellow kind..

some ntuc do sells the cut version...

but cold storage got to buy in whole...which confirm cannot finish...

Morning mommies!

Need to check w u guys. My son has currently been shaking his head from side to side alot. (like he's saying no) he does ut when he's lying down n being carried.

Is this normal or do I hv to bring him to the PD?

sher, my older kid used to do that a lot when he was a baby too. I think some babies like to do that, especially when they're trying to sleep, quite normal. I didn't bring him to see PD.

Cold storage got sell half butternut squash. I just bought half yesterday. If really cannot fund half, then just freeze the reminding portion.

limlim: i went so many cold storage doesnt sell the half one..sickening..

ntuc sells 1 quarter u know...

1/4 already alot...

so end up i always give my dogs..

Hi pooh bear,

Thanks for ur help! Glad to know it's normal. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

vosiez

this week i will go buy something n puree for her and try again. if she vomit, then i think her stomach not ready for solids

her milk intake constant lah, 120ml x 4 feeds a day.

on bad days, 120ml x 3 feeds a day. then 10+pm i dreamfeed her 140ml, at night i latch. is that very little, avg or ok? i oso dunno. coz my son last time,, drink more than this, so to me, seems like my gal is not drinking much.

but she looks "solid" leh, if you see her pics in my fb...

lilprecious

jayien ok liao mah huh

2ks

i brought the 2 kids out by myself yesterday whole afternoon. #1 threw tantrum twice in a row (within minutes of each other), sat on the floor and cry. i didnt lost my cool (cheer!!!), handled it calmy and strictly.

i oso didnt bring ebm out for bb, decided to latch her if she is hungry...

very tiring but happy. #1 got the chance to take off all his clothes, pull on some lousy shorts, and splashed around in a wading pool. i doubt if hb is around, he will allow my son to be "exposed" to air muahahaha

only me and another angmoh lady did that. the rest all covered up their kids, some with hats too...

i find that when im alone with the kids, i more bochup (maybe find it too hassle?) but my #1 gets more freedom than normal lor

and hey i even managed to get gongcha too ok! #1 wants to see how they prepare "the drink" and i had to carry him up + slinging the bb, my poor back and arms, breaking liao hurhur

Morning Mummies!!

2Ks - ya lor they mix both age group in one centre thats why very worried... do you know the PG and N1 got how many children?

Regarding puree, buy frozen peas can right? Over the weekend I gave my gal spinach... I see her expression I feel sad for her but still manage to let her eat 3 days in a row lol... I better mix it with carrot the next time =)

pixie: kyler cannot follow me one..he will run and run...so i seldom bring him out alone with didi lor...

unless i strap him to the stroller...

yday me and hubby brought 2 strollers out...

i buay tahan sling didi for too long man....

after slinging him for 2-3 hours, i feel that my back is breaking..

2ks

no choice, i no stroller, and no man...lol. sling is still the best for situations like these

i get to rest a bit while sitting down, rest meimei on my lap for a while lor, or while latching

u know what, yest i let my boy run around alot, jialat rite...im those mummy whom ppl will scold say never rein in their kid kind wahahah

i told x1 to throw the plastic bag in the bin "just walk straight up and you will see the bin"...u know what happened? he missed the bin coz someone standing near it...he ran further up, missed the next bin, and the ran further up again, missed the 3rd bin...by then very far off liao i had to run n call after him. just as he missed the 4th bin, i surrender. asked him to come back and i had to point him the bin

XFZ: i am not sure...i take a look at the attendance book tomorrow...u take alook at the PG one la...

that block got Infant, PG & N1

N2 is next block

so u see kyler before??

yup, frozen peas will do...but i dont give the skin of the peas..

yes! spinach look quite yucky hor..

poor baby...LOL..

pixie: your maid with you yday rite?

i dont have confidence to bring both out yet lor..

so far only brought them alone myself to airport pick hubby and send them both to childcare..

alone further, not yet and dont dare too lor

scary at the tot of it...

2ks

nope, my maid not with me yday....

for the past few days, i have brought the kids out myself twice liao. maid at home do housework

i think now still ok, bb still can sit in stroller/sling etc, but once hits the walking stage where ez to fall down, legs still unsteady kind, ard 1yo +, i dunno how to look after 2. chase who if both runs off to different directions?

headache hor

pixie: scary even at the tot of it..

sometimes wanna go out also sian..like if go family lunch or what....need such a big table with so many baby chairs, then stroller space...etc

2ks

harnor, my own family side, sis @ sbwng got 2 kids, then younger sis got 2, i got 2...last time we need 4 highchairs at least, luckily all quite grown up now, i tink now need 3highchairs at most

hey can u remember by when k1 sat ok ok in the highchair? i have yet to get the highchair from my sis leh...r we needing this soon? ard 7-8mths old can liao rite...or even 6mths old

2Ks: jav reached home i will carry him off to bathroom n bathe him b4 letting him come out to touch anything or anyone..lol.. but still, germs spread.. ergh! becos it caught them in sch n thus he spreads to didi.. sian hor!

pixie: Jay still like tt.. like slightly better but like not.. ytd he merlioned thrice! i can go crazy man.. den at night wake up every 1 hour.. cough until v badly n choke, so i carried him up n pat him, he fall aslp on me, den i put him back again.. torturing process.

im superwoman again.. till Fri.. den next week i'll be confined with both at home every single day i'll b a superwoman alrdy. cos my hb has to work everyday liao for this month. sian!!...

anw, i decided to return to work alrdy.. =) jus half a day, earn some extra cash to do more n more shoppings! hahahaha.. n to gain some sanity.. (or maybe more insanity!LOL) cos im going to work in the CC line again.

by den, maybe i'll b even crazier den now.. cos aft work gotta take care of both alone again.. but, i shall overcome it!!!!! =Pp

2Ks - yaya shld go take a look at the attendence book... now IFC not many also, ard 7 bb only... yes I saw Kyler once last week, when I sent my gal there I saw him sitting at the table playing with other kids... Ok, peas shall be next on the menu haha... so you can imagine my gal's expression all twisted together... then in btw I will feed her water, you can imagine the mess on the hanky and bib.. cos the water drip out green green de yee...

lilprecious - jia you and gd luck in your job!

pixie: i am not using the ikea highchair..that one i think neck stable le around 6months plus bah..

i am using those can adjust one with 5 point harness high chair...

i havent start kiefer on solids yet lor..

lilprecious: oh really? how come u decided to go back to workforce? to gain sanity huh...

u know when i was at home, i find that i tend to be not so patient with the kids...

then add pressure on myself to keep the house more clean la etc..

when i am at work, its like free and i tend to treasure more time with the kids..

siao one...but at the same time, i sometimes feel so nua to come to work...

pixie: yeah man...my hubby side 4th bb coming out end yr...so i think going out to eat as a family can be headache lor...

think i rather they come to my house and eat bah...

XFZ: care corner dont take max of 10 babies one...their cot only got 4/5, not enough space also lor i find...

i find peas with butternut looks not bad...

i also mix peas with carrot

my dogs best...they eat whatever left...

food for babies i always give them if bb cant finish

Hey 2Ks, Pixie & lilprecious..

I totally understand where you gals are coming from as I am a mother of 2 too and the age of our 2 kids are pretty similiar.

Yes, lilprecious, going back to work is a way to regain our sanity.

2Ks - True cos the area so small... my bb slp on the bouncer cos they say she dun like the cot... well at home she also dun like to slp in her cot.. waste my $$ lol... now I thinking whether to try out just peas or mix w other food cos after seeing her expression on spinach like torturing her haha...

lilprecious..who take care of Jay when u go work..

agree with fangfang...i less tired when i am at work..no shouting..just sit on the chair only...

hmmm let me think whether i bgt both out before..the furthest was in car to airport n to school same like 2ks..

coz its too dangerous for the toddler..

the furthest i walk if from the cc to the carpark across the road with 2 in tow..tt time my girl in stroller some more..coz i went to buy bubble tea wiht my girl in stroller..then go pick my son from CC...then together we walk to the car park...

wat an adventure oredi..:p

jaime: a short journey seems so far hor??

i walk from my block to the mscp i also find it adventure...

then like siao char bo, trying to bluff my toddler to walk...pretend to march, sing song etc...

very cartoon lor..

ST: i dunno useful or not..but i dont believe that it wont spill...

cos based on what i observe on kyler...

i find the motor skill play a bigger part then this kindof bowl

i think jaime, and 2ks, your kids younger so tend to be harder to jaggah, my son oredi bigger, so can take instructions better. if mine is younger, i will consider if can bring them out or not...

lilprecious

applause!! home alone with 2 kids never been ez, and somemore u'll be facing 2 sick kiddos on/off, you must take care of yourself well. a solid foundation (aka you) is a solid family.

mothers are the sun of the family so if we dont/cant shine well, our young "saplings" will not flourish

jia you!

hey i was only thinking about you just now...that how u manage with 2 (close age gap) daily...i put myself in your shoes and im sure i'll snap very often...

go back to work, then patience better leh

2Ks: ya lo.. i hope i will want to see my kids more.. n be even more patient with them..lol..

tts y i say maybe gain more insanity den sanity... hahahaha..

fangfang: hope it really works man!

Jaime: haha, my mum lo, cos Jay sleeps alot, he mus slp in the morn aft his morn feed n bath.. till arnd 11-12 plus den he'll be fully awake.. so ask my mum tk care shud b okay la. lol.. but the prob now is my mum will b v busy in Jan-March.. so btw this time, i dono whos gonna take care.. def NOT my in laws. lol.. so im still thinking abt solution for nw..sigh sigh!

for me i tink the furthest i brought them both out wld be to Mount A.. haha.. Jav will walk but will be cranky at times n demand to be carried.. but i jus lket him cry n follow me lo, else how to carry both.. can faint.

pixie: my kyler cant listen to instructions...

now slightly better cos i use the CANE to warn him...

but surprisingly when his daddy not around, he tend to listen to me better...like he will walk on his own, follow me etc.

yes i agree, i always tell my mum, she is the pillar of the family, so she must stay strong and be happy...

lilprecious: when u get back to work, guess its another mindset...

how long u havent been working?

Lilprecious

You going back to work, part time? All along I thought you are s SAHM. What's cc? Is it childcare or credit card? Hoho. I fully agree with the rest, going back to work will give you some sanity. I used to shout at my boy q often when I was home alone with him. Now I don't feel that tired and I have more patience with him. It's a big relief to get away though I'll rush home to see him hee hee :p

I'm back .. from my in law place near KL.

2Ks/Jaime,

I checked & even ask the Dumex promoter .. They nvr heard of all in one ? & tell me only those stage 4 Mamil gold .. vomit blood

Went Giant/tesco/Carefour all dun have leh .. Is it only sell in S'pore ?

mummies, my gal seem to have stretched her feeding from 3hrly to 4hrly but she still drinking same amt... is this normal?

Solid,

Wow, all mummies here so hardworking.

I think i'm the laziest one here ..

Just realize Shay is already 6 mths old le ... & i have not start him on any solid yet. Oooh, i dun even have the spoon & bowl ready leh. I just went dig the store room & found few spoons/bowl from my #1 (new one la) .. Maybe another 1-2 wks & i let him try ? haha .. very lazy

Wah, I admire all of you who look after 2 kids & bring them out on your own. My older one is frequently throwing tantrums now (2 years 9 months now). I find working time more relaxing. LOL

Back