(2011/03) Mar 2011

AirMez...

hahahaaaa... fainted! like that also can ah... u all should have shifted in at least stay for a while before renting out mah..

The whole place was dirty and dusty, cos the developer was busy repairing the defects we spotted. Meanwhile, agent very enthu to bring potential tenants to view. cos every mth passed, is revenue loss.

With work + bb + mind already made up, no energy to shift into the new house loh.

Haha! Airmez, you r so 幽默!!! Means u r gg to stay at yr parents house till bb big enough to go cc... Maybe 18 mths can go liao.... That's just slightly more than a yr from now... I think i will send mine to cc at 18mths... Else central to west to east to west to central, i will become double a panda!

Pandahut, cool! U travelling again! Back to ur old lifestyle of freedom!!! My development is at toa payoh.

Jaster, sher, time flies 的 loh.. When i bought my flat, i also thought will wait till neck becomes like a giraffe's. But in a blink of an eye, it's gg to b ready soon. At least you have something to look forward to, some of my friends r gg to stay with in laws forever loh.

Jaster, my family has a tradition of eating dinner together on sat night.. My bro n sis will all come w their kids. So if every sat go back home to eat then sun go back resort, we dun have any free time as a unit liao... Maybe i think abt it when the time comes bah. I dun think i will go back to the resort for overnight stay, they likely rent out our rm by then haha!

SN: Yup, the rental agreement is 2 years. So should work out. Yours is really challenging - Central to west to east to west to central. Wah, imagine the time to wake up and can finally sleep!?! All the travelling...

Yah, I also envious Panda.. go to Germany!! Woohoo!!!

Dun knw leh the thought of like leaving baby with my in law when I away, I kinda miss him already. I be going Bangkok n my hb dun wan go he say wan look after his son, n germany I also going w/o him, I kinda feel guilty now.

Bangkok and germany are biz trips, for how long?

My ah lau told me that I cannot go anywhere now, gotta stay put in S'pore to milk the baby. Can only go after I wean off the bb. That matter-of-fact tone of his really make me boil sia!

Bangkok for holiday, Germany for work. Plan chop chop finish n come back.

Can bring bb along if need to milk him. But hor if I bring bb either bring Yao Lan or must find hotel that have Yao Lan. Haha!

pandahut, if your hb not gg bkk with u, then u holiday alone? The other day, my mom said we can go on holiday if we want n she will take care of bb... initially, I got v excited! but on 2nd thoughts, I think i will miss my bb terribly and way is he gg to drink when I'm away..... he doesn't like febm n formula lor.... but bring him along, will be too stressful liao... i dun think we can handle it.

Airmez, rental agreement for 2 yrs, u'd better chop chop have another bb soon! otherwise you gonna have to extend yr rental indefinitely liao :pP

Sher, i recall you quit yr job to b sahm? since u are not staying alone, got your parents/ in laws to take care of bb for u right?

Wow! SN, u have a great memory! Haha!

My mom and MIL are working and are not looking to retire anytime soon. Dad is semi-retired. But he only plays w the baby. Doesn't know how to change diapers and stuff like that. So I'm still e main caregiver. I'm saying w my mom now and it's good cos there's a helper. But se does the family household chores. Doesn't touch baby at all. ;)

SN: Exactly! I'll try loh, but gotta let nature takes its course. cos dunno my old eggs still bother to say hi to the spermies boh.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Airmez, haha! 我们等你的好消息!

Pandahut, wah so happening! Travel w mom! Aiyah, no need yao lan, u just be baby's human yao lan lor! Haha

Sher, haha..my colleague recently quit to be sahm too. 佩服佩服 loh

SN,

My in-laws & my family stay upstairs & downstairs in the same building. My MIL helps me look after my kids when I work. We also go out for a meal every weekend. My mum & brother's family also meet about once every weekend. Our own family bonding time is whatever time that's left, still have friday night & 2 meals on weekends every week mah.

Airmez,

I also wonder my eggs will hatch or not. But since yr mum willing to help u take care, then u faster cheong and work OT everyday. hahaha!!!

SN,

ya lah, me & my mum need a break mah, and since my MIL is the type dun like to travel one, so good for us lah. Cannot lah, human yaolan, my hands will break.

Mummies,

My opinion only k... hehe... The longterm solution is to sell your faraway house, wait till the market crash (which looks like it's happening soon), and get another house near bb caregiver, keke... Dun forget when they start pri sch, they still need to be taken care by grandparents after school (if you don't want to b a sahm or rely on the maid)...

Thermos Foogo is here.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I'll be ordering another batch which will arrive in Oct as the Foogo Blue is now OOS... :p

So if anyone wanna add any order, let me know.. :p

2ks 

Not the power pump. Is the want u do on weekend. 

Pixel

Your shopping schedule so hectic run here run there. Clever lah arrange to c doc all the same day. But that day rain super big. I only manage to go lunch at 3 plus. Only got pis nothing to chg to. Actually, I also scratch head why suddenly no ss. Use to be able to get at least 400ml during the 3 pump in office. At home latch. Then one fine day supply drop to 300ml then next day just 200ml. 4hrs break can only get 50ml combined. So worry plus going to travel soon. 

SN

Panda_hut is right no need to visit every weekend. I do alternate weekend.   Else like u say no time for our own family bonding. Can mil come to your place to stay. My mil did. Initially doing the northeast central west central northeast. In the end she decide easiest she stay at my place mon-fri weekend she go home. So much more convenient. 

Airmez, so sayang to rent out a brand new house. 

Agrrr Tubing Kenna milk again. Sigh I confirm travelling next next week. Heng only for two days but still bu she de my gal. Now she only want me at night. Just now cry n cry hb pass her to me then she stop crying. If i m not around I very scare she will keep crying.

I'm also going traveling for work in Oct (Manila) and dec (states). Think will so miss baby. Mum wants to look after baby while I'm away, hubby wants to put baby at his mum's place. Dilemma. My mum is the main caregiver when I'm at work but sometimes when it is hubby's off day he'll bring her to his mum's place.. I'm not keen to let his mum take care while I'm away but dunno how to put it across to him without hurting his feelings. :p oh well. Still have time to think. Maybe will just act all emo and hopefully he'll give in..

Ss also dropping. Worried. Think cos not really have time to sit and pump properly at work. Sigh. Think I want to try the sacred tea or something. Any suggestions? Anyone have lobang?

Mummies help!!!

These 2 days my boy got like rashes or maybe its milk bumps on his neck and chin and quite alot, v rough like this. How do I get rid of it?

Now have been using damp cloth to clean him neck after every feed, wipe dry, then apply aloe vera gel and then baby powder to keep it dry but it seems like no improvement.

He seems rather unhappy this morning and will tends to scratch his neck when sleeping.

Panda> I used calomol on RL.. seems to have improved over last few days... All Ard the neck... Got different type for children and adults... I got for children de... From watsons.. U try...

Panda: Soli, me can't help much. Tat time i mention abt my boy's rashes around chin area after FM feed, we did what u said - damp cloth wipe mouth area after feed, and now no more red patches...

panda> yup after bathe morning n nite i put... now almost gone le.. then i stop applying... dunno will come back again or not....

at least ease the itch...(if any).. haha..

its 热肺水... so... for heat rash ba... think cooling for them also... its those we use for chicken pox... the white solution...

Finally back home to reply forum... use iPhone type until fingers cramp, i prefer macbook haha

poohbear, wow, stay in the same block! must b v convenient...hmm ya loh, so even though u see yr in laws everyday, weekend also will still have dinner w them... will b the same case for me with my parents next time..

freesiajen, how come tubings will kenna milk?? i thot only kenna water vapor?

Ask my mil/ mom to stay w us mon-fri to take care of bb? Errr no la, me n hb stayed w in laws n my parents for so long liao, we dying to have our own house and freedom! so we would rather send bb to their house rather than 24/7 stay with them...:p

matched gal, sell my faraway house? hehe my house in central lehhh... it's my parents' house tt's faraway in sua deng haha... n dun think we will do tt cos we waited for this house until neck become giraffe cos we prefer brand new flat.... so dun think we will sell to get a resale hehe

SN

when i had my #1, i also stay NE, mil (caregiver) in west, work in east

we chiongz every night to visit #1, weekend parents, friday night bring #1 home...

dong this until hmmmm my son 3yo.

physically n mentally v draining. i rush like mad woman everyday. now moved near to mil house, in the end, no need her help so much (2 days a week nia), bang wall, but if #1 sick suddenly, i from east to west, oredi 1hr plus gone. so its good to activate my mil...

dun say now no rush, after having #2, still rush about like mad woman, its just another set of rushing nia

no wonder becoming mad woman, hair cut shorter n shorter. sooner or later, botak liao

pixiepixel, hahaha!!! those people move house in order to get into good primary schools, and in the end couldn't get in, lagi bang wall. wahhh you dong for 3 years! i was thinking maybe i won't be working in the east anymore in the future...oops... now your #2 not taken care by mil anymore?

SN

2 days my mom comes to my place; 2 days deposit maid n bb at mil house; friday im off

so in the end, "utilize" my mil for 2 days only. im happier this way. i still prefer my mom no matter what

poohbear, thanks! Is personalfit better than softfit besides being more durable? I was at First Few Years and was quite surprised that PersonalFit was about 7 dollars cheaper than SoftFit!

It says on the PersonalFit box that it should be connected to PersonalFit connectors. But i dun see any other connectors besides the usual SoftFit ones. Thanks for the clarification.

Pixiepixel, wah so good...you only work 4 days a week! Yea, own mom is always preferred over mil.

SN, I prefer personalfit because my areola used to get abrasion from the joint between the soft & hard parts of the softfit.

ST, I visited a dentist when I was breastfeeding & I don't think there's any problem.

SN,

Ya lor. Usually only water vapour but yesterday is the milk. It happens a few times liao. Actually it nvr happens to me when I was pumping for my #1 and #2. Cannot be that the pump old liao mah. Hehehe.. I understand wanting to stay at your own place. I too was like that. I did try but only lasted 1 week. Hahaha lousy lor. So in the end we stay with in law only come back on Friday then mad rush on Monday to bring bb to central then off to west to work. But then we din have car so lagi jia lat. Then #2 comes along, my mil volunteer to come to my place.

Pixel,

You tong 3 years. Pei Fu.

Panda_hut,

I used hydrocortisone but hor this cream contain steriod. Usually two application can see improvement. I will stop once it is gone. Not sure what type of rash your boy has. My gal's one is raised and red, went to pd he says is one type of enzema.

Used desowen lotion.. It's works on all kinds of rashes..

But I think need doctor prescription.. Otherwise get from your normal pd/gp if they hv

Rach,

D calamol lotion izit a white flat bottle n got methol n non methol but it never state for kids so I dare not buy.

In the end bought avent magic cream, last night just apply n hope it gets better few days later. My mum want to use pearl powder mix w water n apply when back on wed but dun knw works or not.

Freesiajen,

Think it's milk bum red n bumpy like this n only on neck n chin.

2Ks,

Will see if the magic cream n pearl powder works like magic or not. If no improvement then will see doc

Try not to use desowen lotion if u can coz it contains steroid. Else, apply a very thin layer will do. Always apply after moisturizer.

My boy is having lotsa bumps at his neck area too. Should be due to the cereal feeding & teething drool. Currently using lamisil antifungal cream n cb calendula cream as moisturizer.

Most imptly, always keep it dry and clean.

Lai lai: desowen lotion can only use when necessary.. But it helps on the rashes... Better than seeing it red red la..

I prefer external medication.. So I will apply

But I m lucky ba cos both of them don't hv much skin problems like eczema..

But I have!! But at least calendula creams helps in my case.. My favorite cream!

JAM, my pd recommended Organic Mother's Milk tea by Traditional Medicinals, it works for me. I used to eat green papaya soup and daun katuk regularly when my mom n mil were around n when i stopped, ss fell. After starting on the tea it got much better. I got the tea from a health foods shop in thomson plaza, 16 teabags in a box but price increased frm $11 to $12.80. Heartpain.. but BP sells i think.

Mummies who started bb on cereal and plan to intro puree, how to do it ah? Mix the puree into the regular cereal or give separately? Wld it be an extra feed or replace one cereal feed? I was thinking bb food is supposed to be bland right, but won't puree taste quite strong? Like sweet potato, pumpkin, carrot are all pretty sweet?

Vosiez...im introducing puree to open up her taste bud n let her hv a feel of different food texture...so it shouldnt b replacing a feed for the time being...i wil mix the puree with a bit bm to make it less thick...

freesajen: ya, i believe he'll get well.. sigh! hope all babies will remain well n healthy!...

some ppl are really v inconsiderate one.. even some parents in CC are v inconsiderate, will send v sick children to sch even with fever.. tt's y i really hope the teachers will be more alert n not let any feverish children b in sch.. sigh! but v difficult lo.. =(

mimimo: thanks! i will hang on.... =S single parenting with sick kids really no fun!... can faint.. everyday slp not enuf... lol

2Ks: ya, i was v heartbroken too.. every 3 hourly gotta go thru this tiring process, but like u said lo, as long as child can get well, everything is worthwhile!

yea..i opt for chi medication..but like wheezing huh, i know western def better n faster.. so now i bring Jay go tuina everyday plus eat western med.. hopefully he recovers soon!

i am alrdy searching for other schs around liao.. giving him another 2 months, by then will be about 6-7 months alrdy, if hes still like this.. i tink i must try other schs n see how.. but funny hor, no aircon leh, yet so much germs.. hmmm...

nw PD says cfm bronchitis..n needa neubalise for one whole week nw.. PD says if not cleared, gotta be hospitalised.. damn sian.. now keep thinking abt it.. booooo..=((

lilprecious

Reading your post makes my heart feel pain...I cannot imagine the stress and worry that you are going through but I know you are strong, and will be able to make it through.

I guess some part also depends on the hygiene of the other kids in the CC. There are so many viruses going around these days, I don't think we faced so much probs when we were young eh?

Do rem to take care of your own health, now that you dont have enough sleep. There are some chinese herbs to boost energy, I took some when I was taking of bb alone, did helped me in some ways.

Hang on, dear! Will pray for you.

Back