(2011/03) Mar 2011

Wah siao man. Dunno y my girl last nite abt 1am woke up crying. Cry so long n hard. Carry oso cry. dunno is it nitemare or Wat. Finally managed to get her to slp. Just not Abt 6am again. Aiyo. Coz of the jab? Or coz she's turning 4mths today? Or fever? But fever like no more Liao leh.

Poky: funny how come not the front teeth first?? I hate teething lor... Make them so xinku..

Kiefer been pooing more nowadays..

The winter strips quite liang leh don't think so good to give bb now la, I only add in the barley when I c it's hot weather.:

Old folks is like that de, sometimes we really Bo Bian.. Argue also not so nice...

Babybride> I'm spreeing Braun thermometer...

U can find the thread from overseas thread...

Let me know if u want...

<$60 pEr thermometer...

KP selling the same model at $130... But spree one mo warranty la... But so far also ok...

Babybride: housework keep till weekends? Or multi task? Or get hubby to help abit? If hubby around I can settle stuff by 9pm la... If he not around I wait till the kids sleep then I do those not important housework..

But I try to zzz by 11pm or so..

I super multi task de... No choice cos time not enough

rach, my friend latched her boy until he was nearly 3. It was a disaster when she tried to wean him off. He cried for a few weeks and starved himself. It was really bad that time until her husband gonna intervened. He's now 5 but I heard that he still misses her boobs.

Joc, my boy's sleeping pattern is quite erratic too. Will wake up at 8pm and refuses to sleep till 10+pm. I think whenever they are entering the next month, they will go haywire a bit.

=( i'm facing a big big problem now. Today my mom woke up complaining say that she feel dizzy.. and vomit... brought her to see a doc and the dr said she overworked and has got hypertension lor! me so bad lah... made my mom in such state... sigh...

now i have to have find alternative care for my boy boy liao! =( actually starting from tomorrow i'll be handling a new portfolio... chiam.. dunno what my boss will think if i take 1 week leave to settle the IFC issue!

Shichida class

Has anyone signed up for ur bb? Actually when is the best time to start? At the age of one....will it be too late ah?

Jaster- IFC also not say want and will get vacancy immediately. Need call n pay money n fill up lots of form.. Nanny??

Nanny doesn't work for me la.. But it's still another alternative How come take care bb will have hypertension ?? Maybe it's already an underlying problem not detected till now.. As long as she takes her anti hypertensive meds regularly. It shouldn't be a problem unless she is not compliant. Then that's another story!!

Jaster,

How about get a maid to help yr mum in housework, cleaning n yr mum just solely take care bb. At first my mum alone w/o maid n really cannot handle whole day nvr stop one, now w maid sometimes afternoon she can take a short nap to rest and at night I look after bb coz she got high blood pressure and heart problem too and weekend in laws turn.

2k- how is kiefer sleeping at home now. ? Does he sleep with pacifier? Eden is so addicted to pacifier. Last time can fall asleep all by himself. Now need the help of pacifier sia.. And he is super addicted to it.. No pacifier totally can't sleep and some times prefer pacifier over nipple...

Hope I won't have a hard time weaning pacifier next time

Jaster

What about engaging those part time helper to clean the place weekly? I'm doing that now, 6 hours $60. It helped to free up my time to bond with bb and hb.

Today my mil let my boy listen to classical song to put him to sleep, n realized he fell asleep v fast n easy. Day time 2 naps and now listen to classical song n zzzz. Didn't realize he like classical songs so my few months of listening to classical songs everyday while he in my stomach is worth it.

Pandahut, so good...then no need to rock, pat him to sleep in the future liao! Mine will wave his arms n legs whenever there's music...Machiam dancing...like tt how to sleep? Haha..

hi ladies,

my stubborn parents... they didn't even want a part timer cleaner!!! ah dioz... my mil not possible cos she's working! anyway, i've discussed with them an arrangement and hopefully it will work out... parents still taking care of my boy... we'll have to do more household chores to lessen their work load lor...

fel,

according to the dr, he said cos dun have enuff slp (my mom these few nites have been waking up to feed the bb) and that there is some problem with her ear... imbalance of dunno what... she doesnt have any issues de leh... dunno why sudden high blood pressure sia!

pandahut, so good.. my girl play classical music oso wont slp.. daytime still ned to pat.. else will take yrs to fall aslp.. & by the time she fall aslp, it's time to wake up for the nx feed.. haa... onli consolation is nite time no she can fall aslp on her own... pray tat tonite she'll b ok & slp thru till tml morning...

Fel: he still sleep after his last feed at 8.30pm..

He don't need his pacifier to zzz la.. But sometimes when he don't sleep I will give him tutu then he will suckle them zzz.. Then will spit out itself..

Don't worry on weaning part, they just need a few days to do it.. U can ask the teachers at IFC to assist too..

I started off go out no tutu, only associate it with sleep.. Then slowly slowly wean it off..

To me only zzz take tutu not so bad still la.. Sometimes I go out I forget to bring tutu too

Jaster,

Oh the imbalance of ears, both my parents sometimes will experienced it, n will feel giddy, once my mum can't even walk straight. Or try take turns for nights feeding. I alone take care at night for few weeks and I told my hb v tiring I cannot tahan, so now night duty I do mon to wed, my hb thur & fri.

Now on classical music and he like enjoying in his Yao Lan slowly listen till fall asleep. If he ok, will try put on cot & on the music, as now he still need Yao Lan to sleep but at least no more screaming & wailing. Try FM92.4 all classical ones.

medela spare parts

anyone needs anything?? Have orders for freestyle so can tompang spare parts in...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

PM me if u need.

Thanks..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pinkypop,

I use California Baby. Quite easy to apply.

Jaster,

Since, your mum dun have hypertension before it could be temporary. For a starter, can relieve her of her night duties. My MIL also has hypertension so I always took the night shift.

freesiajen,

yeah lor... brought bb over to slp on his cot (like finally!!!) after he entered into deep sleep! hahaa... Jovan doesn't like the cot lah.. really dunno why... today i tried putting him in and he cried!!! hahaha...

Angelina,

tml i'll be given a new job portfolio. Struggled a lot as i really want to take leave to take care of my boy and relieve my mom! had a chat with her this evening. She told me she will not over exert herself... told her not to bathe Jovan and carry anything heavy le~

Hi mummies,

Anyone have spare medela membrane to let go? I need to buy if possible tmr morning. Just tried to pump and realise that my helper might have accidentally drop my membrane into the dustbin. She cannot find it yet din even tell me when I am not even asleep. Sigh...

Jaster,

Same same my gal also dun like her cot. She sleep better next to me. I know shouldn't but I gave up after a few nights of waking up constantly. Dun worry. If your job is not office bound, maybe can work from home for a few days then u can stay at home to see head see tail at the same time can still work.

freesiajen,

i'm back to work... told my mom to stay off all household chorse and leave it to us...

then how? my hubby already not very happy that Jovan is in the same room as us! not to say the same bed... anyway... mine is single bed! hahaa.. can't squeeze all lah... so when Jovan is in deep slp then i bring him over to the cot..

SN hahaa.. yeah we used to! till i got preggy and he was afraid that he squashed my tummy... staying with my parents during wkdays... dun have space to put queen size bed leh..

Hi mummies,

i lost alot alot of fun here... extremenly busy with work everyday... my HR gal left the office 1 day after i return to work last mth...but my manager ask me to take over the HR work as well but this HR gal totally no hand over her work to me and i'm totally not familar with HR job... i feel so terrible to take over her work... I have my own chartering works to go and thousand of emails to check...

i feel so upset now... manager also nv increase my salary yet i have to two ppl's works...

now my working hrs (exclude the pumping time)... all given to the company... I have to time to access internet at all... only today my manager not in the office.. then i reli tired working.. so i decided not to do anything but to give myself some freedom to access internet...

Fish, i think now work life is like tt lar. u r paid like peanuts and gotta work 2-3 person job... like me, i gotta do 2 person job also. plus recently my coy got retrenchment, now more jia lat and more more more things to do le... jia you!

mummies who feed cereal to ur bb, do u all feed them sitting up or lying down? i tried to 'test water' feeding my bb sitting up, but end up so messy, hanky, her clothing and face all covered with cereal... haha... my mum say now let her lay down feed first, when she can swollow better liao then put her sit up... hmmm...

fish: i am opposite of u...the temp will be attached to us till maybe a few more months...so she does all my misc works...

i got more free time..kekeke

zenia: i feed him sitting up...

if she mess up could be the tongue pushing out the food means she might not be ready yet

so far during kyler time ok leh...not extra messy

ST: my elder son attended shichida at age 1.. personally i think it helps in certain ways for my son.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] u can give it a try when ur bb is 1 yr old.. but i feel shichida must attend for long term then can see results.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sighs my bb still on milk strike, the weekend, she consistently taking 40-60ml per 3hrly. sometimes more than 3hrs also dont want, split the feed into 2 feeds etc...stretching the 3hrly to 4hrly+ sometimes

heartpain leh. i hope her milk intake climb up again

zenia, i feed him sitting up too!!!! like adult.. when we lie down, it's difficult for us to eat... so i assume it apply to BB as well...

abt work... ya lor..we pay peanuts yet we have to do so much.. those top management pay like $20K-$30K a month... everyday come work late... reach office.. chit chat on the phone... tea time have tea to drink... go home early... coz now i do HR work.. so i know how is the pay they getting every month... seeing the amount of pay they get every month and the amount of $$ i get every mth... so unfair...

2Ks, u so good.... can let the temp staffs to help u to all small small works.... how i wish i can have one.. i now pump milk also muz quickly go and quickly come back... coz anytime my manager will call and check things... luckly i bought the Medela pump from Belinda 1mth plus ago... last time i used half an hr to pump... when i come back.. my manager stare at me... i so paiseh.. now i 20mins can come back le!!!

Pixel: Same thing for my boy. He re-start his milk strike on sat again. 3hrly only drink 70ml. Try giving 2hrly but he still dun wan. Really scare he will dehydrate again.

Pixie, my boy is also going on milk strike now. Bottle or latch also don't want. Been like that for the past 2 - 3 weeks. He cries and wriggles when he sees the bottle and used his hands to push away the bottle. When we "force" the teat to his mouth, he used his tongue to push the teat out or will spit out the milk. We tried to drag his feed - 3hrs to 4+ hrs and he also don't want to drink. He don't seem hungry at all. Only way to drink is dream feed... when he's drowsy or asleep then won't resist and drink his milk. Sigh!!

At this rate, we will have intro solids very soon (5mths) when we had wanted to give him only when he's 6 mths.

pixie..my girl also like that pattern lor...i also dont nknow wat to do..coz i only latch..when bottle feed..i pass to my mum...

but after tt , she is active , pass motion etc..but eat really little lor...

on diet

Jaster,

Har on single bed, no wonder u no choice have to let Jovan sleep in the cot. But how two adult squeeze single bed. Stack on top of each other. Hahaha.. like that very fast will have addition to the family liao. LOL

Fish,

can you pump at your desk. I pump at my desk and my office is open concept I super no pai seh. kekeke... I just use a shawl for coverage. So pumping I can still type email. ** My office very small so no problem.

pixie...when u plan to start Xan on semi solid?

i supppose to start after she turn 4 months..but every other weekend like so pack n busy..haven even start lor...this sat i must really start liao..but she sit on bumbo sometimes will lean forward leh...

freesiajen,

WOW.... brave gal.. I cant la!! my MD office is infront of me and mine is also open concept type... if i pump at my desk... with the motor vibrate sound... it's reli funny and i dont think i dare to do that wor!!!

ok so my bb is not the weird one on diet hor, alot of babies all like that har...

how ah ahhahahah

her diapers can be dry the whole day until evening kind. coz not much milk intake so no pass urine....hmmmm...i oso scared dehydrate, gave her water to suckle

eh jamie, my gal didnt even want to latch. i latch her she suck suck for fun only. usually she eyeing my nipples but nowadays she politely reject me *sighs*

babyhapie, you still have have 70ml, me 40-60...i think on good feeds, 60ml...on avg 40ml everytime, also per 3-4hrly

freesiajen,

steady!!! pei fu lah!!! how to pump openly? i can't!!! hahaaa... my office here got bangala workers also lor... =P

hahaaa.. stack on top? hahaaa.. no wonder get Jovan so fast lah!!! no lah nowadays i put in the bedroom another matteress... i'm so much fatter after giving birth...

SN,

yeshhhhh.. hahaa... queen size bed @ holiday resort!

Back