(2011/03) Mar 2011

u all no give BB water???

atually can we give BB water??? i saw one forum mentioned that giving too much water to BB will cause them dilute their blood... is that true?? I give him quite alot of water coz i scare he gets too heaty wor!!!

Fish,

how much is your a lot? for my definition a lot means 1 full bottle (160ml) of water.. usually in a day combine i will give him about 80ml... but he won't take all..

Fish - I give my bb water when she on FM cos I also scare heaty plus she got alot of eye shit previously... after taking water the eye shit cleared away... my bb loves to drink water some times she left like 20ml milk nv finish but give her water she drinks...

Jaster - my bb ever take 160ml or more in a day but she peep alot alot when she intake so much water... now she is in IFC so I do not know how much water teachers gave her in sch...

xfz,

if 160ml is combined i think should be okie.. just now i was referring to 160ml at one go. wah that one a bit scary rite.. that means 1 feed is on water only..

Hi 5 !! My janelle is also on milk strike !!! On average she drinks only 60ml .. Than she will push e teat to the side of the mouth and let the milk drip out ..her diapers also v dry de n even when got urine, u can smell is v concentrated cos think not Enuf liquid intake .. Every time drink milk is a battle for 2 of us cos she will cry n cry while I will scream n scream ... Blood can boil de .. Strangely is that when not drinking, she is super active n can sing n make so much noise .. I really wonder where she get her energy from ... Not sure how long this strike will continue but it started since last thurs .. She still pooing 1x per day so I guess is normal ? Right now since she has little milk, I make her sleep more so as to conserve energy ...

I also thinking of starting her on cereal but when I checked w pd last week, he said too early leh .. So how ? To start or not? She turned 4 months last sat ...

Jaster - I see... if she drinks 160ml of water to replace milk think I will faint...

Mummies, do your babies start to 'recognize' people? I suspect mine starting...

u all no give BB water???

atually can we give BB water??? i saw one forum mentioned that giving too much water to BB will cause them dilute their blood... is that true?? I give him quite alot of water coz i scare he gets too heaty wor!!!

Every feed i will give him abit water to 'wash mouth'.. then everytime he wake up from short nap.. i will give him water as well.. i think he can finish 180ml at least a day...

Too much water in the body of babies under 10 months of age can dilute their blood and cause their sodium and potassium levels to fall drastically. In the worst case scenarios, that can lead to brain swelling and even death. "And the dangerous part is if the brain gets swollen the next step would be actually a seizure or convulsions.

Continue reading at NowPublic.com: Adding Water to Baby Formula Could Be Deadly | NowPublic News Coverage http://www.nowpublic.com/health/adding-water-baby-formula-could-be-deadly#ixzz1RmUoQPS9

mine also on milk strike lately...then i try to latch him or feed him water...

last time when kyler on milk strike and i worried, i gave him glucose water...those PU TAO LING..

got once he whole day refused to drink, so i used syringe to feed him...

very bad mummy

Rach, the cloth book you sell to Annie that day, do you still have stock?

I wana buy, saw BP selling at SGD 4.50 each

SGD 35 for 10pcs

Milktea, ya lor, as though we are not busy enough! So many babies on milk strike... why why why?

With my #1, he will drink when we distract him with toys and music. With #2, nothing really works. We dread feeding time and it's a 2, 3 person job and still not successful!

PD told us to syringe feed him or start cereal earlier.

Jaster: 2 adults sharing one single-sized bed?!?

My ah lau has 如来神手/脚, I once kenna a punch from him when sleeping with him on a queen-sized bed. No joke loh... Me sleeping until so song, and suddenly *bang*. And he still got the nerve to continue snoring. @#$% So die die have to sleep on king-sized bed, for my safety...

BabyG, use syringe to feed milk? Wah!! challenging. Hahaa..

Fish, I dun noe how much is too much leh, I supposed one baby mouthful to "wash" their mouth should be ok lah, anyway I have not feed my baby with water yet. Soon I will start bah I guess.

Seems like a lot of babies on milk strike. My boy also can be very active n happy even though he takes very little milk. Everytime feed him is like fighting a war. I have tried many ways to bluff him to drink milk. Carry n walk around, stand near the window let him see scenery, let him watch tv while drinking, singing to him. But he only drink a bit more. I hope he wun cultivate a bad habit, if not next time will have difficulties in feeding him.

His diaper is also very dry n have yellow stains. There was once a pinkish stain too. I guess this is dehydration le.

I wonder he won't feel hungry meh? Drink so little. Water dun help cos he also reject it.

Jaster, u steady leh... 2 person can sleep on single bed... I sleep on queen size alr kanna elbow by my hb many times lor... I slap him hard everytime he elbow me... Then he'll wake up in shock... Haha...

My gal co slp with us, she sleeps in the middle... Then in the middle of the night I realized tt my hb bolster on top of my gal's leg, n my hb leg on top of the bolster... I slap him he can still tell me where got squash her leg man! Dam angry... No space for bb to slp in cot so no choice [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

aiyah all i typed gone in a flash

jaime, i havent started on puree for xandria. she still not keen

and yes, she is also leaning forward in her bumbo, she wanna bite the middle portion of the bumbo leh!

Allet, I brought my son to pd last fri, she gave me 3 pkts of nestle plain cereal to try cos she say he's 4mths already. I have not try yet cos like the rest he's on milk strike too.

Maybe diff pd ba.

Zenia, just curious...r u fr creative tech? I saw u once when i was at IMM...find u familiar.

baby drinking water - my gal refuse to drink water leh...i add a bit of fei zai shui into her water then she drinks...how to make them drink so much? ie 160ml per day? wow...mine after mixing only abt 50ml [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

zenia - oh...so near home!! r they hiring? how i wish m working near home.

BabyG - me too!! really scary. just use hand to brush my hair i will see 1 bunch...

AirMez, zenia..

hahaaa.. reading both of your posts made me laugh out loud lah! my colleagues must be wondering why i so suku!

pixiepixel,

middle!? hahaa.. or was she trying to eat her fist??? mine is lean backwards leh...

Won_mummy, here recently no good le... Every quarterly go tribal council. My dept jus chop 80ppl onli lor... Dam bz recently...

Working near is good la... Sometimes lunch time I can go back see my gal n buy lunch for my mum [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] n knock off if I zoon zoon leave at 6 can reach home 6.20 - 6.30pm...

I wanna get a chair for my boy leh..but cannot find any cute cute chairs....haha... then bumbo chair, scared his fat thighs will get stuck leh... I have an ikea chair from my brother but like so hard and uncomfortable... any recommendation?

Pandahut, airmez, jaster,

hahaha... im the ru lai shen jang too...my hb likes to turn the aircon until very cold, so i will fight for the quilt and pull almost all to myself hahaha....there was one day he has no quilt left and was very cold in the morning and called me a bed monster hahaha... yah, mine king sized bed at resort and i still find it too small.

Milktea> I left limited copies (3-4cloth books) left...

But if mummies here keen, I can collate and order again...

Same as the ones BP selling...

Total 30titles... (or issit 20?)

kuku brain can't rem much after birth... Lol....

anyone wants cloth books for babies??

Washable in washing machine...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Rach/Milktea, may i know which cloth books u r talking about? I bot 1 lamaze was like $20 wor.. $4.50 must see haha can share the link pls? Tq.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

SN> until 8-9mos, even ikea chair is too big for babies la...

U can get Bumbo... The legs only gets stucked when u put in and take out... When seated is comfy de...

I got a lucky baby high chair.. U can check out at KP...

it's cushioned, bigger and more spacious....

But more exp than ikea high chair too..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

BabyG,

my hair also falling out esp when blowdry... my shower sink so much hair stuck, look oreadi v depressed... wonder when it's gonna end... yikes... and i dun hv that much hair to begin wif... i remember my #1 that time lasted ard a month... sighs... you got use shampoo that prevent hairloss? me hv, but like not much use leh...

Matched gal, I'm using my normal shampoo and just hoping that my hair loss will stop very soon. What we didn't lose during our pregnancy are all falling off now... 9 mths worth!

My baby is also losing hair... the sides have few strands only with the curl coming out now. Haa... Luckily he has a lot of hair to start with!

Super draining when fighting w janelle to drink milk ...also because of her phlegm, she drank about 100 but she choke n rEgurgiate out a fair bit .. So I guess i take it as 60ml drank ..

Starting on semi solid :

How come there since to be differing views on whether can we start on semi solid not? Some said can while some advise not to .. For janelle, I have yet to let her sit on bumbo so not sure If she can sit n whether she is ready for semi solid ...

Rach, thanks! I didnt know ikea chair is too big haha...high chair is mainly used for eating right? I was wondering whether there are any types of chairs that's like for baby to sit and read books, play toys etc hahaha...i suppose that's would be a rocker/swing liao...

cloth books, is it lamaze cloth book????

matched gal, my episode of hair dropping started too....scariest! dun really dare to examine my scalp in the mirror in case i see bald spots hahaha..... oh well.... hair will grow back de....self consolation haha.

BabyG, totorodino,

eh, ya, i noticed too when bb started to drop hair, then me started too... i remember for my #1 dat time, by the time my hair stopped dropping, it was so obvious my "new" hair which grew back on my head looked like short grass amidst paddy fields!! hahahaha...

SN> for playing/ reading etc is Bumbo Lo... Lol...

Else u can get Juliet essay and strap baby to whichever chair u have at home that has a backing...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Nope not Lamaze..... It's made in china books...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Has English and chinese words...

Thanks Chris for the link....

To view the full range, you may visit my site here

Special Price for all march 2011 mummies okie...

But as I've sold most of the books... I've only limited stocks left.. So will do a preorder instead... Will arrive by mid August...

Depends on when we can finish collating the orders and get to ship it back..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies, today so heartpain... my bb got a bruise on her arm becos the teacher at IFC accidentally knock her hand onto the sharp edge of the TV while trying to give way to a kid from the playgroup as claimed by the teacher....

Hubby's bday coming next month, any suggestion on place for celebration?? Or a one-night-stay also can but must be able to accommodate bb...

Aiyo I v goon leh. Went see PD last fri, didn't ask him abt starting on sOlid. Haiz. Tis round didn't write down my qns, so forgot to ask many things. So upset. The nx time I go, my girl will b 6mths le.

Btw, any mums bring Ur bb to see dr Wong chin Koon at Tiong bahru?

Thanks Milktea & rach! Hmm both sides only have v limited stock so I'll give it a miss. Since nowadays hands itchy keep buying books.. I think by mid aug i'll have too many liao.

Mary, i think i must have seen u then...lolz... ive been here for 10yrs alr [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/proud.gif] u have FB? add me lar...

Rach, u made me wanna spend again... i want the cloth books too!

Fish..it's Woodward's Gripe Water...can be bought from ntuc cold storage and medical hall (which is more cheaper)...cost $4 lyk tt..can remove gas...and I heard can ease teething pain as well...

Just mix a teaspoon to your water and feed bb...

i myself oso drink gripewater when i dont feel good. especially i bad or low mood, gripe water perks me up. i think its the sugar in the gripewater boosting my happy hormones LOL

ppl down drink alcohol, but i drink gripewater

pixie - you so cute still got drink gripe water..

Mummies, is it necessary to buy walker or exersaucer for bb?? I went KP to see, the exersaucer so exp leh...

Back