(2011/03) Mar 2011

zenia> I heard it gets as long as 45min... My fren who has it told me... And when she saw wink to learn she went all crazy and said it's very very good and must buy.... I wasn't into DVD that time and just 跟风... Haha... Buy Liao watch few times... When very free, nothing to do... Rem... Then play...

Now my home is playing Barney on tv like 6hrs a day... Ry and run ard play other things... When she hear her fav song, she will run and watch....

I'm always amazed at how children can multi task...

She can be talking to me on bed in room... Suddenly she hears her song... She get down bed and run out... And most of the time... When I see she run to tv then I know why she ran out.... Lol...

Gosh... Left home forgot all abt my PC and inbox opened...

All emails will be downloaded to PC Liaoz....

Guess I won't receive any email on iPhone today... Grrrr.....

I always wonder why kids are so fascinated with barney? Is there anything special about the purple dino? hee

2ks

Does that mean that we should somehow prep some extra leave ESP after 6 months cos they will start to fall sick? I'm

Not sure what I should do if bb gets a fever. Is it sponge first then if not ok, give the pink liquid panadol (usually prescribed after jabs)?

TGIF mummies!

Mimimo> haha ya I wonder what's with the purple dino too..:

Ive never watch it though it's on...

Too busy either on the bed with baby...

Or in front of PC in the room....

Actually depends on what is the cause of fever...

There's an article frm my previous thread mummy...

And I learning from it...

Few occasions I let RY self fight and she won...

We advocate no medicine to be given.....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

http://babyhaore.blogspot.com/2010/10/what-does-fever-tell-you.html

Any mummies have the Brainy Baby Set? Is it good? Now Robinson got sales $39.90 for 123/Art/ABC & Music DVD.

mimimo: kyler used to like barney...and i managed to get up to clean up after i sang him the 'clean up' song which i learnt from barney...LOL

not all kids will fall sick after 6 months la...

u can observe yourself...it happened to a few kids that i know...

no matter what, u still have to reserve your leave for baby mah...tio bor

Panda hut....Brainy Baby is good...My nephew watched when they are abt 1 yr old...he loves it so much...he watched Left Brain & Peekaboo if I am not wrong...

I tried to sit beside him and acc him to watch ...almost dozed off....but they enjoyed it...

ST,

My MIL likes to let him watch TV, so I thought may as well buy those educationasl types for him to watch. Was thinking My Baby Can Read or Brainy Baby. ANd now Robinson got sales for Brainy Baby. Yr nephew watched it when about 1 yr old, but now my boy almost 5 month suitable?

Any mummies want sell the Medela Freestyle or Medela Pump in Style Advanced ? Thx ;)

Panda> try wink to learn... It's local context and comes in English and mandarin...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

U can go research it..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hmm...i thought people were saying shdnt let bb watch tv too often? so shd we or shd we not? confuse le....i always cover her eyes n not sit in a position where she can watch.....heard not good for their eyes? their focus level in future will be short? so its true or not true? lol

pixie - count me in for e flashcard too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pixie, I also want the flashcards... include me pls!

Thanks!

Gosh, I'm not going to visit the carter's & osh Kosh website... I'm resisting! Just spend like $300 bucks for myself At J8 this morning.. shit man! broke liao...!

Wink to learn DVD, I remember last time I bought for my best friend's daughter now my turn to buy for myself. hahaha!

reading frm iphone, those keen I will include in my list tonight. Moq hit!! Hope can hit 24 sets then it's $14 instead of $16 leh!

$2 can buy chix rice leh....

rach

me, kam n all we dun give meds when our children sick. We encourage each other in d thread. We have a power mummy who is even more onz and she was the one who inspiried us further.

Hope mummies here can join in - no meds when your bb is sick!

pixiepixel: my side no $2 chicken rice leh...

char siew rice also cost $4.50 leh...

finished the plate still not full one

pixie,

I wan to join coz I regretted giving my son the pink parcetamol that day, coz he got slight fever after the jab, and my mum gave once to him. Lucky only 1 time.

My MIL lagi funny, she told me dun knw which of her sister told her that to give bb the medicine even no fever. seow! No fever or anything take medicine for wat.

pixiepixel: for me, i give medicine...reason being, i need them to recover quick, i dont have reserve people to take care for me...

i cant afford to take so many leaves...

disruptive to my work leh...

panda hut

that's coz after jab maybe got fever. So some ppl give first to avoid fever frm coming. True or not I dunno.

Even when I fever I dun take meds.

My son no take meds for at least 6-9mths Liao. Fever we will let it be. That day cc suspect my son hfmd, mil brought him to gp. Then also ask for cough n runny nose med. I never say I want wat. In the end I junk away. Waste my $$. I dun like it 自作主张

But if fever after jab, dun gif med, den keep gg up to like 38+, is it high for bb? Dun gif med, oso dun do anytg other den take temp to monitor? Or keep sponging? Frankly, I dunno how to sponge bb. Use warm water or cold water ? My girl juz had her jab.

Joc> if u read the article I posted, ull know what to do...

Sponge is with tap water... Just monitor....

Usually it'll go up n down a bit...

When it's 39plus I also dun give med... So long u understand and know what is happening...

Fever after jab usually won't last more than 48hrs and will be like stock market... Unless it persists for more than 48hrs or too high need to see doc....

Pixie> u mean ur thread has mummies even more powerful ah?? I find Kam very power le leh...

Although when ry down with flu n cough last week I give medicine la... Cuz nose keep dripping and cough gt phlegm...

But I went to see doc only after one week of flu n cough and still no recover.....

But I give few days medicine then stoP le...

Iladin very power also... Nose stop dripping after 2days...

pixie: mi want the flashcards too! count mi in okie! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

annie: waitin for ur good news! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

2K - No la... I kind of expected Eden to fall sick in IFC la... So it's still okay but as usual la, it pains all parents to see their baby fall sick plus my little fellow can't cough his phlegm out... Not like mucus dripping out from nose, still can use the suction thing to suck out...

His is all stuck deep inside the lungs... So poor thing... Lucky thing is no fever la...

Like you, i also give him medicine... This one very difficult to get well on it's own cos still so young...

pixie cout me in for flash cards...

just now i received a msg from manager. but i couldn't see the sender till i read finish the msg mah. so it goes like this.

"Annie is very positive. So i have arranged for you to... "

hahaaa.. pixie just now msg me abt collection of loots from babybride.. so my mine linked that to "arranged"... and Annie, i tot you BFP! hahaa..

happy bellies arrived!!!

Woahhh... The first batch of happy bellies that I ordered to test test water is here!!!!

It was delivered while I was out... Will redeliver tme....

Wahhhhh.... Only 4days!!!!!! Fast!!!!!

rach

We have a mummy who is vegetarian n so is her son, aka same age as my #1...she always have many herbal remedies, she is like our health guru....

Actually she and kam advocate sleeping as the best medicine. I agree. Sleeps cures your body. Thats why bb sleep so much when sick, its the body way of telling u "i need to heal myself"...

so its just lots of sleep n water....at least i still say ok take vitamins, but they say dun even need that! Just lots of fruits, water, vege, sleep can liao

Very au natural lor hor?

Jaster, guess wat! What u said a few days ago came true.....my bb starts to recognise pple liao! Im at holiday resort now... Just now my in laws carry him n after 5min, he started crying v loudly! Then when he nvr stop crying, i quickly took him back to my room n calmed him down.. Realised his diaper was dirty so changed him. Then we let in laws try to carry again n after 5min. He cried again! Then he calmed down when i carried him.... I felt secretly happy tt baby prefers me (evil grin)... But hor after tt, he started his usual b4 bedtime wailing again -.-!!! At last he slept after having sang to him for 15min.....

So hor, i also dunno if his first cry was cos diaper dirty n secOnd cry was cos sleepy... Or he really started to differentiate strangers from familiar faces liao...

Fel: dun worry Eden will get well soon... For coughing hv to take note abit.. Cos if cough too long it might become bronchitis... And wheezing is not good

But well... I think u already know all these la

Lailai: I do give Chinese medicine too leh cos it's more mild

Lailai> so far the Chinese "medicine" I've used is ru Yi oil & 惊风叁... To RY....

Pixie> yayy I like au natural!! Organic!!! Lol....

Rl till date is still au natural from birth till now!!

And I pray she will be as au natural for as long as she can be! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Fel> hope Eden get well soon!!! Really hates the IFC bugs....

If only these places can be free of bugs... It'll be a better place for our kids....

That's why I hope ry can be as immune to the bugs as much as possible when she goes to CC next time...

2k - cough so far getting much better... so im not so worried for that... hmmm... wheezing this one i didnt thought of it,,, u reminded me... i will take note n listen if there is a not....

anyway, wanna ask u hor, u use handheld blender to make puree right... how u steam them? using rice cooker? will the handheld blender make the food splash all over?

lastly yours is braun or philips one? kpo a bit

Now can type n ko soon

Missed alot of threads

Annie-'hope you have your good news ya. Btw, you still total bf rite? How u calculate your ovaluation period?

Fel- be careful not to let him have continously cough or else will become bronchitis and if fever, the phelgm will make the Chest even worse. U r a nurse I m sure u know better la

- not onli IFC, your rooms and your boy bed have to clear some cotton stuffs away n keep it super clean Liao cos boy tend have to sensitiveairway than girl

- windows- clean n wipe off every single dusts as possible.

- toilet- haaa I remember u told me u onli wash once a year! Must wash every week Liao too

Haiz with bb, we are like super maid

U aso must take care

Fel> I Kpo a bit... I used to have a Braun handheld blender...

I think 2ks owns a philips....

U can steam with rice cooker or use traditional way of steaming inside the wok... Then take out and remove skin and then blend... Nope the handheld doesn't splash... At least for mine... Just press the button and push the blender downwards... A few pushes and it should be done... Unless u blending alot at one go...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Fel

Ask me since I already started Clara purée last 2 weeks!

The excitement still there cos she is a greedy girl!

-use rice cooker to steam

-for carrot, pumpkin, apple, broccoli - I used a

Small bowl to collect the stock so that when blend , not dry

- I'm using Braun handheld blender

- won't splash unless your bowl super small n serving is big

- they come w a plastic container which is quite big n talk if u

Scared splashing

-the blender I have can aso blend meat really soft.

-when Clara start to eat porridge, I will use it to blend abit to make it soft

Now best Deki selling ard $70+. Phillip one cheaper at $40+.. but I Don no Philip one good Bo

U won't be blending purée for 3-4 months

Once Eden start to swallow more, u can start

Him w rice cereal... Then mix w purée;)

Rach - yeah... hope he get well soon too...

Think when your ry starts cc, she also will fall sick ba... since she's in a protected environment for the past 20++ months.

If only ALL schools are free of bugs... but well... that's impossible huh...

Linda - No la.. Not once a year la... Like that my toilet BLACK liao lor!!!!

Usually once a week or once every 10 days or so lor...

Not so free to keep washing toilet lei...

Oh ya Linda - How u put a small bowl to collect stock?

U mean put a small bowl inside the rice cooker?

Teach me lei...

Rach - Icic.... Cos i just bought a handheld blender... $40 Braun one...

Fel: I just steam using my normal wok lor.. Cut into smaller pc and it will steam faster... Then I add in some liquid that ooze out from steaming de. I using philips handheld. The cheapest, it comes with a tall container, throw in won't splash all over leh... In fact I do a few kinds at a time, so I used bowls instead and just insert the handheld blender, works also.. So I don't hv to wash the tall container each time, can do all at once.. Just wash the blender head nia

Rach: it's very difficult not to catch virus at cc... They will take longer to recover when they r send to cc at a later stage..

My gfs kids all sick for many months, on and off

Fel- I placed a small cloth on the rice cooker that fill w water

- then place the small bowl ard the cloth ( to prevent my rice cooker base) to be scratch

- you have a steam tray? Those plastic type which come w cooker?

- just place the food u wan to steam n make sure the bowl below is in accurate position;)

hai all, been mia but im back again :D

fel : hope Eden willrecover fully asap. n how ru now? still headache orbetter. u also must take care okay. get well soon for both of u

annie : still waiting for ur news anxiously :p

Fel: use the traditional work to steam la.: the juice will eventually be in the plate u place in... Dun need to "catch" the water mah..

This morning I bring bb back to resort, and whole stomach full of angry. I told my MIL that he wan to sleep, coz from my plc he woke up 7am till 9+am and reached resort, my in laws want to bring him out to market.

And once I stepped in the house, my MIL immediately carry him over and bring him to kitchen cooking!!! ONe hand carry him & one hand cooking. wat lau!!!! I dun wan to see, the more I see, the more i angry.

Back