(2011/03) Mar 2011

Lilpreciois- I must really salute u for being a superman!

Ger stil not well n when daddy tried e pigeon aspirator on her (dunno why but I dare not suck ), she regurgitated out her milk together with sticky phlegm... Than gotta change her.. Seriously hope she recover fast cos seeing her choke on her own mucus n saliva and than got startled from her sleep, see Liao also heart pain.. Saw pd today but pd nv say anything abt her phlegm leh.. Any medication to take to help her ease her phlegm? Also, am curious why pd gave eye drop to be put on her nose ar?

So tired that I skipped my 10pm pump n will probably wake up at 12 for last pump.. How we know ss stabilize so that I can drag my pumping ? Do nothing but pump e whole day, washing n sterilizing .. I wan my life !

Rach 3 times tried all diff bottle .. All the time crying like want her life like tt .. Sigh . I guess I have to keep trying every day lor n see my ebm go to waste .

I tot giving bottle is easy mar coz my boy loves bottle so

Much as compare to breast mar

Linlee its me .

Chen next tue I plan to go downtown east leh coz I have never Been there before ..

Probably in the morning time ard ten plus

But can't give u a ride coz his grandparents also wann ago given tt it is his bday lor

Any other toddler wanna go downtown east ? I may drop by at Yu guo tui na first since I am gg to that part of town

Allets, my boy had a chesty/phlegmy cough and pd gave mucosolvan, 1ml 2 times a day. Think it helps him cos he's not coughing much now.

Chen/Cae/lailai : thank for replying.. Actually i haven cut my girl's nail now.. I scare sia.. Maybe i try tomorrow and let her mitten free... Anyway, you girl trim bb nail when they are sleeping? And night time, do you girl put on the mitten for bb?

jaime, family bonding with yr parents, u go ahead la. Pai sei to intrude, we can arrange another play date for the tots. Downtown east is explorer kids, it's huge but i find the place smelly lei, like they don't maintain.

tres, can go mitten free once u've trimmed bb's nail. They can start to feel also ma.

Angelia, I trim when bb's sleeping or when he's latching with little movements.

i only let my boi go mitten free after bathing... n during play time... cos he always like to buay his face n that he has learnt to put his hand in his mouth!! GULPED...

Angelia, I let him go mitten free for a while as his hands get cold pretty fast...try trimming when your bb is asleep...

rach, thanks for explaining! lol

aaa, yes! I got it just now! Thanks! =)

Mummies, does your bb cough or choke during feeds? My boy tends to do that pretty often recently and that can be very scary! He looks like he is out of breath!

Sigh.. I had a dramatic evening . Only manage to hf a quiet moment nw..

Hb was outstation today.. Evening fetch no 1 fr Cc n head over to my in laws place w both kids. No 1 v notti Kip screaming, refuse to bath/change.. Kip screaming etc.. Poor didi can't slp n Kip fussing cos he's tired n usually zzz after feeds.

Finally gt Hm.. Things gt worse. Elder gal dun wan to vahnge to pj n zzz. I haf to outsource didi to MIL to feed FM n deal w no 1 n make her slp. Nobody can handle her except me cos I'm the fierce one.. Sigh.. She even sneak out of bed n ran out to "play w ah Ma" faints!!

Finally no 1 zzz le.. Didi still haven zz, waiting to latch b4 he can zzz... Hw to tear myself into 2?? Heng got extra pair of hands.. But still I have to handle both kids myself..

Sumtimes I wonder why I even wanna haf kids n get myself into such situations.. Argh..

Next wk hb outstation agn.. May worse almost every other wk traveling.. I shiver to think abt it.. Jus hope I get used to it.. *big sigh*

Cae : icic.. I also on aircon in the night.. So i wonder you all got put on mitten for her anot.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Chen / lailai : hmm.. Think i try tomorrow when she is asleep bah... Hopefully i success.. Really scare sia.. Cause their hand soooo small lo... =\

Lailai : try burp your bb when bb drink half way thru.. If bb stop sucking than you just pull out the teats and burp them... My girl also will short of breathe de.. So what i do is, when se drink till around 60ml than i see she almost push out the teats than i will burp her.. Anyway, my girl is drinking 110ml now.. So she drink till 50ml , i burp her than continue the leftover 60ml than finish liao burp again..

Summer mummy

I've been taking care of 2 kids myself since brought bb home frm hospital. Practise makes perfect. It's been 5weeks plus so I have sort of a 'routine'...same, #1 need me to out him to bed. If #2 no sleep I will carry bb into room n hold bb n put #1 to sleep. Then after #1 ko, I will try to make #2 sleep or feed her again. Then wait for last pump before bed. If by then bb still not sleeping, I will put her onto my lap n pump. Me using manual pump must use hand power, so must alternate sides of boobs with bb lying on my lap...if I put her to bed she will cry n wake up everyone

then finish liao I will hold bb n pour bm into cups, 'try'to wash up the pump parts. Usually I fail coz holding bb in 1hand can't wash so I soak first. Then put #2 to sleep liao then I wash the parts quickly n run back to room, n try to slot in a brushing of my teeth, wash face, pee n drink water. Sometimes bb never sleep I have to skip all these...

Typing all these oso tired lar

...and also, #1 comes back frm cc...on good days we hold hand n walk. Bad days ask me to piggyback him. So if I sling #2, still

must piggyback #1...reached home, need to shower him. Good days he ok to shower. Bad days cries n say dun want shower. Worse days say dun want shower n bb cries. So left hand hold bb, right hand shower #1...wipe dry, changed. Time for dinner. If bb cries, I hold bb in left hand, right hand eat my dinner n guide #1 to finish his dinner. Then #1 can stone infront if tv (god bless channel 311) for the next 1-2hrs. Usually at that time bb is awake so I attend to her but I try to spend more time with #1...

Then settle bedtime snack, time for bed

really peifu mummies who have to look after a bb & #1 the whole day!!! Kudos..my crazy hours r frm 5pm onwards, u mummies have crazy 24hrs!

lailai, yes, my boy does cough sometimes when drinking.

summer's mummy, my day is sometimes like yrs too. No.1 is going through her terrible two phrase, I'm screaming at the top of my voice everyday. Well, I think as women, our strength and capacity is greater than that of men, being mothers our capacity is stretched even greater. Jia you!

pixie, yeah, sometimes beacuse of the kids, I can't even slot in time for teeth brushing and toilet! Can't believe it. Mothers are always the last to have meals, last to sleep, last to everything. Maybe first to waking up. haha.

Wah pixie.. U r one wonder mummy too.. I totally feel u when my #2 cries fr milk n #1 wants dinner, I actually use one hand carry n feed #1 n another hand to help #2 w his food.. Can go ting tong..! N if both cries... *pulls hair* I jus let either one cry first n settle either one.. I'm always looking forward to my nap at 1 plus n night slp.. Tts e only time I get peace n can zzzz.. Haha.

Chen: haha! Agree w yr saying.. Last in everything except waking up! Hurhur..

Summers mommy: let's jia you tog ya.. My hb's nt hm today n I'm amazed at hw I cld stretch my limits to bring both out n nt lose my temper when Jav actually threw tantrums at e mall for 15 mins.. I guess all mummies r really wei da.. N we r like rubber bands.. Stretching our limits everyday..!

U can do it de.. Hope Summer will b a gd girl everyday! Hehe..

Jia you to all wonder mummies!!!

Really dragged mysf out from bed to pump sia..'super tired today n with a hard rock breast, hopefully can fast fast finish pumping n go back to bed..

Sorry for the super lagged replies... When I post halfway and disappeared means busy with the 2girls la...

Usually can post while latching only... But nite time RY will be Holding unto my iPhone and playing games till sleep... So if I'm not tired... I'll read after she sleep... Too tired last nite I Ko before she did.. And just nice hubby came back and bathed and entertain her... 11plus pm and dunno why she still not tired.

Just woke up... Shirt wet... First time in last 40 over days.. Leaked... Cuz super hard le la... Faster tease Mei Mei and got her to clear half I think.. Now still got milk but at least not hard and lumpy.....

Sinmey> yes I only carry LG PRIME... I dun carry parklon cuz LG PRIME BETTER quality....

Now my supplier doing some clearance sales..

Fisherprice got one design super cheap...

But only 1-2design on clearance and cheap..

If mummies dun mind design... This is very very good buy...

Pixie> I've never had gong cha before leh.. Their outlets Soo few... Nice ma?? How so compared to koi???

I missed my gynae appt on tue.. Too tired to get up and go...

Think gotta fix another one in 2 weeks time.. Jus nice 2mos then go 6in1 also.. Lol...

Jaime> the BSS pads are like those swimming costumes pad.. Those nude colors one...

After wash I always take out the pads to dry.. So I keep the paddings separate from the BSS... Whenever I need to wear then I insert the paddings.. So if I wear the tanks then I insert into tanks... Else I wear BSS and insert in Lo...

Thats if goig out la... At home then I lazy To put in padding...

Angelina> u not free to come my Hse ah?? Got car or not?? Come come la..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pigeon cotton bud stems>

I have it since RY time.. Bought in a gong kind..

Used like less than 5stems only.. This time used more on RL...

I also dig her nose with it to pull out the sticky mucus inside her nose.. Ok leh... Never break before... And it's thinner stems not so thick la.. Their nose so small.. Normal ones like cannot go in Lo.. Lol...

Linda> u can view it at www.picasaweb.google.com/funwithbabies

PM me for price..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] price on website is standard..;p

And I haven't upload the clearance design... No time... But I'll try do it tmr...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

It's 几十块cheaper la..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

RY is still using it now leh... She's 19mos Liaoz... I change diapers and dress her on the mat... And it's her play area... She sits on it and play... Very safe... Dun need to go into store la...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Very very good investment... I only bought it when she abt 6-7mos old.. Cuz that's when I shift to own house.. Last time at mum place no space to put at all...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Chen> u trim baby nails while latching?? Power la... I short sighted... Trim like that later cut her flesh ah... Lol..

I haven't trim her nails yet.. So still on mittens.. Maybe tmr I trim....

Ok finished the posts..

Lai lai> RL chokes sometimes too.. Mostly when I'm cradling her and latch.. If lying down usually no choke...

Cuz cradle gravity so flow faster.. Sometimes she choke and like cannot breathe also... Then I pat pat her chest and continue latching... Lol...

Me super lazy mum.. Most of the times i hardly burp after feeds... Only if she has milk flowing out then I Gan cheong faster burp... Lol...

Oh noooo... My girl is not sleeping!! *pull hair!!* yesterday night also this timing awake till 6am like that, my god!!! She just play herself in the cot... I cant off the room light lo.. Once i off than she eheheh and scream.... Than now i trying to give her cold shoulder, put her in her cot and want her to sleep herself, but instead of sleeping.. She ownself play in the cot.. Eheh here and there than smile smile here and there.. 天啊 !!!

Angelia: she slp alot in e day mah? Hehe.. Maybe day don let her slp too much so she can slp mote at night? Nw Jay is Kinda fixed tt he doesn't slp frm 7 plus to 10 plus n abt 10 plus he has his last feed n slps till maybe 3- 4am to haf another feed..

Lin, i also have the parklon playmat.. bought it very cheap at $99 when there is a offer... Not bad.. BB can lie and crawl there..

These 3 days Glennis have been sleeping from 8.30pm to 5.30am then wake up for milk and sleep again.. hope she maintain this man...she better maintain this... Giselle also like that when she is about 7 weeks old.. hope Glennis follow Giselle's footstep to sleep early..Although end up cant go out in the evening but at least i can rest more.. luckily even now by 8.30pm Giselle who is 2 yrs old will sleep already .. so TV time for me and my hubby at 9pm.. hehehe...

Pixie: kudos to u... Peifu la...

I also always let kyler watch ch 311 la so that I can quickly settled myself... sometimes I cook halfway The bb eh eh then got to stop....simple house chores I might take very long to do..

Sometimes I wonder now still on ml can take my own sweet time, when go bk to work dunno how

Lilprecious: how r u and the 2 boys? Better already? This is something that I worry, big one sick will spread to small one and vice versa... Somemore kyler is very loving to didi, he will touch him sayang him when he back in school...

Trying to make him wash his hands and feet when bk from cc

Pixie my boy also need ppl to put him to bed .. Sigh oredi 2 yr old .. The bed time sometimes can last till 11 pm . Only then I can sleep . He resist sleep . I wonder if I just let him play prob by midnite stil haven sleep

Sleep time for my boy is always a struggle ..

Coz my Hubby out of town if not Hubby wil settle the boy

My mum stil ard to help me if my girl cry while I put my boy to sleep . So I can only sleep after my boy sleep lor ..

I dun have much at 11 plus coz prob latch at 8/9 pm so I dun even bother to pump.. At away brush teeth , apply my slimming cream [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] n sleep . But my girl normally eh eh at 12 plus 1 . Also good coz I also lazy to pump but also scare rock solid breast so need her tonclear .. But normally she latch fast n within 15-20 including burping . Back to zzz all of us.

Angelia - Wake them up lor.. But i know sometimes is very difficult la... My boy also... Loves to sleep in the day....

But he will start crying a lot from 6pm onwards... Fall asleep between 8-9pm... ONly wake up feed n change nappy.. Then can sleep all the way till 7am/7.30am...

Angelia - u gg Rach's house tmr?? I can show u my book which mention about roughly what time bb should be sleeping n drinking milk, what time to keep baby awake and etc...

Huat Ah....!!!!!

MY baby finally POO POO.... 6.5days sia.... Poo is still soft and seedy... After feeding, i heard a loud fart and he started to "gek" and i check his nappy...

So happy to see him poo... lol...

I gave my boy febm yesterday .. He was excited when I say mummy milk. But after he taste he say he dun wan . I smell also fishy ...

This morning I try my freshly squeeZe one .. He is ok .. So I guess he doesn't like the fishy smell lor

So I think in order not to create so much febm later no one wana drink n I only pump the most in the morning . I wil give one feed of ebm to my boy in morning

So now I need to concentrate on settling my girl bottle problem Liao

I wanna call my LC coz she was the one who say only introduce bottle after 4-6 weeks to avoid nipple confusion

So I wan her to her to help me solve lor .. Sigh

Tan/fel - how did u make ur Bb sleep thru e night? Did u feed them more b4 they sleep? Or they auto sleep thru?

Mine also refuse to sleep in e evening till abt 7+pm feed, carry/pat/walk till abt 9pm then will sleep for 4-5hrs. But midnight still awake every 3hrs.

Won mummy - Not sleep through lei...

Still wake up feed 2x per night, change nappy once...

But he will KO straight after...

Occasionally he will fuss a little, make a little eh eh eh sound...I will ignore him, go sleep on my own...

Cos he will fall asleep by himself very soon... ONly attend to him if he really cry u know, not those eh eh eh sound...

Jaime: My prison guard can be bribed [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] anyway 1 mth Liao.. But we technically observe 40 days

But downtown east is soooo far n morning my boy got class.

2ks: ya lor! Supply n everything stable alr n then now wanna increase. Sigh. Think I need to call my Gynae to get the domperidone le

Picie: I also kiv on clementi mall first, ask my mum if she can watch no 1.. Hehe

Chen: Royce membership is 50 fr a year, regardless of child age.. Then 12 dollars per session, non member is 30+ per session i think

Angelina n Chen: jordan's belly button better? Next week I free to go Royce anyway except Tuesday cuz tues my boy got swimming.

Xiaofeizhu

Good to hear that. Hope your pain will go away asap, and don't come back again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bb rabit : Think its normal to leave like 20-30 ml per feed. cause Josh is like that even until now. so i agak agak add 20 ml from his normal feed. but Jordan always finished his milk til last drop

lilprecious : aiyoh, hang in there okay. ur 1 super mummy. hope jav jay will get better soon. jia you

summer's mummy : walauw u scare me leh. next week hb also overseas n i gotno one to help me lor. how ah, dont think i can handle both but no choice

pixie : wah ur another 1 super mummy. i handle both full day cause josh isnt on cc yet. but at least i got helper who help me with washing n etc. but yeah 24/7 for 2 kids r not easy

pinkypink : still got blood

rach : i'll try to sabo his car tom :D if not ask him to drive me there. if all fail then cant lor. i want to join the gathering also

Won mummy

I also interested to know how to make baby sleep thru out the night. wonder if need to give him more milk. Mummies who managed to do, can share?

I got one nagging qn in my mind. How to make chill ebm warm up asap? I'm using a thermo cup but still it takes about 5min. He will cry and scream like no tmr, scaring me to tears. I am lost, don't know if I should warm up the ebm every 2 hours and wait for him to wake up. Any advice? Would appreciate it lots lots

2Ks: Jav seems to be back onto the sick track again.. sigh! hes coughing so badly n haf fever again today but luckily he stopped his dirrehea alrdy.. so headache.. its exactly 1 wk tt he has been sick...

ya, tts the bad thing of going cc, big one sick come back will spread to small one.. ya, i make Jav wash his hands n feet when he comes hm.. sometimes we even bathe him once more.. to reduce bacteria, but still..*shakes head*...

ltr gotta go tuina for both again..wanna pull hair!!!!

Jaime: my boy needs me to put him to slp too.. but b4 i gave birth, i managed to train him to slp by 10 plus so i can haf some time to settle didi.. but when u r all alone, its v difficult to judge by time, cos when didi cries, den will haf to stop n handle him also.. so wad i do frm last wk, i bring didi in tog.. make him slp also n Jav now gt used to having him in the rm, n slping with him.. so nw if im lucky both will slp lastest by 11 or 10 plus.. den i'll do last pump n faster go ZZzz..

Angelia: try to keep bb up in the day.. its nt easy like Fel said.. but once bb gets used to routine, he/she will stay awake dat time liao..

maybe i roughly tell u wad i do..

7.30am -drink milk , n he'll continue slping while i do some hsework

8.30am - i'll tell him " its morning alrdy.. time to wake up ok.. den i'll start shaking his hands n talk to him.. if he still slps, i'll carry him up, play w him n wake him up until his eyes wide open den i'll tell him "we going to bathe.."

9 plus: i'll place him on mat, with him wide awake, den let him entertain himself while i get ready water n clothes n all..

den bathe him..

n normally aft bath, he will nt slp until next feed abt 10.30am.. n he'll actually stay awake till maybe 11 plus den slp till next feed..

the next time he'll stay awake will be arnd 3 plus to 4 plus n he'll nap.. den the next time will be 8pm to 10pm n slp aft his last feed.. n normally he will wake arnd 3-4am for one feed.. den the next feed will b morning feed alrdy..

angelina: thanks n u hang on dere too! =D u r doing super well also..keke

won_mummy, mimimo..

wad i do for bb's last feed, i add in a scoop of FM to keep him fuller.. so he only wakes once in the night.. if im lucky, 4-5am.. if not, will be 3am... n once they r used to tt timing, they'll jus slp by themselves thru tt time..

mimimo, normally, i'll warm up the milk 15 mins b4.. bb cries, u haf to tell him to wait.. they do understand de.. Jay screams like mad too when he wans milk n its nt delivered to him.. esp sometimes if im busy with #1.. i'll always talk to him.. tell him "didi, wait awhile.. mummy's busy.." or " mus wait awhile ok, its nt warm enuf yet..mus learn to wait" so when he hears my voice, he will stop crying n really wait awhile till i attend to him.. but in ntw mus reassure him with yr voice.. i don carry him, cos if i do, he'll think im gonna feed him alrdy.. n if milk nt given to him, hes gonna scream even louder.. =) tts my own personal dealing w my son..hehe

ytd was the first night aft both gt sick tt i haf a nice n peaceful rest.. frm 1am (cos wait for my hb's call, hahaa) slp till 5.30am n feed Jay, fall back aslp at 6 till 8.30am.. SHIOKNESS.. hahahaa..

Angelia,

Did u off the light at night when sleep? I'll tell Shay it's sleeping time Liao then off the light. So far it's ok that he'll dozz off himself whenever I off the light unless uncomfy like stomach bloated or hungry.

I make him awake after his 5pm feed... No carry Or pat... Keep talking n play with him.... Hold his hand n shake shake... Zek ark though...

Anyway even he sleeps, when my girl back frm cc he'll nvr get to sleep one... She's a chatterbox n always wan to sayang/baobao didi...

Then I'll shower or wipe bb to change into pj. By 8pm feed, I dun have to make him sleep Liao. He already super tired n dozz off while drinking his milk. Will put him in room with light off. In day time he'll wake up 3hrly for milk but night in dark room usually is 4-5hrly. I dream feed him at 12am after my last pump n he'll wake up everyday 4am for milk...

Very glad that his routine is kinda stable now.... Even if when time I wan earlier sleep n feed him 11pm or over at 1am, he still wake up at 4am for milk one....

Fel : i going Rach house.. Hmm.. If you can manage your barang barang than bring the book?

Lilprecious / Sinmey : if i am home right, my girl will be wide awake in the afternoon... But if i am outside, she will sleep thru lo... I also will disturb her sleep and wake her up.. But she very clever.. I sometime playplay, talktalk, shakeshake, do alot of nonsense, she will bo hiew me lo.. Than continue

Sleeping.. =\

Hi Mummies,

My baby does not sleep at night. sob sob....

Need advice again. For 3.5 weeks baby how much ebm does your bb drink? I can only pump out about 90ml per 4 hours, is it consider very little? I read some mummies can yield 200-300ml. Been drinking papaya fish soup already but the yield is only like this leh.

Back