(2011/03) Mar 2011

Thks mommies

It's comforting to know tat I'm not alone in such situation. Havingto handle 2 kids is no joke.. I had help but they r jus there to help me carry bb n stall for time. They can't really control the kids.. Sigh.. So at the end of the day it's still me doing most of the stuff.. In laws are my saviors when hb outstation..

Jia you all mommies.. Motherhood is never An easy journey!

Mimimo: usually I see his timing agak agak warm up, otherwise I stuff him his tutu, can "cheat" him for 5-10mins usually, otherwise carry him awhile lor..

Jaime: kyler also zzz quite late lor sometimes at 11pm then next day always laze in bed.. But he still ok cos he can zzz by himself...

Lilprecious: it's normal that the kid will kana virus from school.. So actually u should buffer one month before u give birth for him to settle in cc in both virus and atmosPhere I think.. I heard from the teachers that those later then go cc ones will take longer time to recover if they Kana virus..

U must feel very heartpain to c jav like that...

Hope he recover soon! Not helping is the stupid weather too.. Can make some barley for him, buy those big barley mix with small barley, it's better

Summer mommy: u are definitely not alone... I m in the club too... I dun even have parents or in laws help unless it's Monday's when my mum off day...

Pinkypink: you can get it through ghetto pharmacists from the pharmacy. I bought it from the ntuc pharmacy. $0.11 per tablet,max 3 to be taken daily. ;>>

Jaime, lilprecious

Im very anal about my #1 sleep time frm birth n he was and still has been an ez child to care for as compared to my #2... so now i try to put #2 to sleep by 8.30pm, coz my son now aged 3 sleeps at 8.30pm, 9pm ko liao...weekend lagi better, he no nap in the day, 7.30pm i put him to sleep n within 15mins time he will ko....

I will be very upset if he dun sleep early so im very strict about putting him to bed early n getting him to sleep.

N now im tyring to train #2 to sleep early at night too...still work in progress lor

Pixel> how nice to Ko by 8.30pm...

RY will still be playing ard... Last nite I Ko 10plus she still eyes big big.. Leave to hb settle...

I really wonder.. How my grandma manages 10kids????

Last time got CL meh?? And dunno she BF them or not...

Wondering if my dad is a BF baby... Lol....

And my hb's grandparents had 15children!!

Think now we can die with 5... Let alone 15.... >.<""

Angelia: u haf to set routine lo.. its difficult in beginning but once bb gets e hang of it.. she'll b awake at times shes supposed to..

Jay stays awake even if in pouch n hes outside..

summers mommy: u sure can do it! hehe.. i m also handlin both monsters myself.. sometimes really wanna pull hair or bang wall.. but really no one to help ma, so sometimes let one cry n settle one first.. bo pian one.. gotta judge who needs u more.. lets say if Jay or Jav only crying for attn, i'll attend to e one with needs, lets say hungry or need to change..

2Ks: ya lo! regretted nt sending him dere earlier.. but jus cldnt bear to last time..haha.. nw gotta suffer lo.. but i believe he'll get stronger.. yup, its true.. the later the child goes, the longer e child will get used to the viruses.. n will b more jia lat den those younger ones..

i hope he recovers soon too..yea, i jus made some barley for him.. n drowning him w water..hurhur..

pixie: its good.. actually thou i started Jav v late w fixed slping time, but im really glad i started him..at least nw he slps on time, no matter got sch or not.. thou its nt as early as 8.30pm but he goes to slp at 10pm n i really v happy alrdy..hahaha..

Jav needs nap, if he doesnt get any, he'll be super cranky n ends up skipping his dinner n slps at 7-8pm..

dats y i learnt my lesson, so nw i set routine for Jayien.. n make him slp early every night..hehehe..

Rach - Last time older one look after younger ones, they play fight and entertain themselves...

LAst time no fb, no iphone, no internet, nothing... So the mothers also nothing much to do... Everyday cook, wash clothes, take care children and make more children... haha...

Hi mummies,

Need some advice. Anyone know if pigeon sterialiser can fit in Avent bottles? I need another sterializer to put at my in laws place. My milk bottles are all Avent ones but Pigeon sterializer cheaper and dun wanna spend too much.

Lilprecious : i did set a routine for my girl.. But than the problems is, when mil back home and Cherelle is sleeping right.. She like purposely wanna go disturb Cherelle

Or talk loud loud de lo... Than if Cherelle open a little bit of her eyes, mil saw than will carry her up.. Even eheh alittle also carry up than Cherelle jiu awake liao.. Sibei sian de lo...

Than when mil does that and Cherelle cry, to me is because she is sleepy lo.. But to mil , cry = hungry/吃不饱... Kao !! DL leh...

freesiajen,

my 3.5 wk bb drinks 70-90 ml per feed (about every 2-3 hours). To increase milk supply, I think you need to pump/latch more frequently (8-10 times a day).

Xiaofeizhu, mi same same.. E LC massage for mi liao but stil pain til now. I think I saw a few blisters on my nipple n no matter how I bear w pain n tried to burst but stil can't leh. Wat remedies huh? But I stil envy u.. U hav yield of 200-300? I never hav tat kind of yield til now. I only max 145ml combined. N tats only once. Now w e infection I got only 100ml combined if I don't latch. Can bang head against wall Liao..

Btw mummies, do u all feel pain at breast (nipple & breast) on n then? Burning pain. How to cure tat? I thk my bf career too eventful Liao. After infection, now I got red small blisters n I think I hav cracked nipples too. E skin at areoa sensitive n painful at times. Wat happen to mi huh? I use shields but my bb managed to pull my flat nipples to now use shield e nipple can touch e front shell! So stil pain loh .. Wat can I do huh?

Angelia, I TOTALLY understand how u feel! On one hand, I appreciate my MIL who indeed helps me a lot but on another hand, she disrupts my plan again...my boy must be carried nowadays lor...she always say he's like this...he's like that in front of him e.g his temper is like that one..cannot force him..kao...I padang one lor...then my boy wasn't zzz till 4am last night 'cause she kept telling me to let him zzz longer in the afternoon..argh...today I must ignore her and do my way...she's not going to take care of him for long anyway...

I need advise how much do u think a boy 6 weeks old should drink 3 hourly??

When CL around he is drinking 100ml now without n I m managing myself bb only drink 50ml -70ml..

How??

LX3--tin should be ok..1,5 to 2mths for 6 in one jabs..wonder got side effects like fever boh..hmm..

LINDA- your sharing of the jabs info is gd..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

rach, wow! u've a huge family of relatives!

pinky, royce is indeed ex w/o membership. If i don't go often within a year, quite lugi to get thier membership lei. Any other place u're keen?

pixie, i like tat, kiddos in bed by 9. Then at least can hav personal time after tat. My gal sleeps rather late these days, cos no school. sigh.

Me just finished with clara at yuguo! Have to go back tomorrow again

The tuina knocked her off to sleep..drank onli 40 ml of fm and she ko again;)

Btw- the chinese physician told me to switch her to soy milk since she got phelgm.. But the western padetrician told me her phelgm is ok since is on n off and nvr at nite

Now dilemma in what to do

babybride - Cos of the previous gd yield, becos of the pain and fever wanna stop BF also feel sayang... but seriously my breast very out of proportion lor... I cannot wear tight fitting clothes lor... you just try to keep pumping sure will see increase in supply... I shall see after the massage later how will my moo moo career be... last night I really xin ku until wanna ask hubby send me to A&E for drip liao... my confinement ending on Friday but it has been so eventful... firstly natural birth but bad tear bed rest for nearly 3 weeks, secondly I eat confinement food until nose bleed, thirdly engorgement until high fever... until now haven do massage cos doc say wound is more or less healed but still abit raw...

Angelia: I und yr frustrations.. Hmmm, haf to talk to her lo.. If nt jus ignore n do it yr way.. Haha.. When my mums arnd she'll carry Jay too but she doesn't do it often n she will ask b4 she carries, like shud she carry nw or jus pacify him in his rocker.. But she knows I dislike ppl to carry my bbs fr too long n spoil them so she doesn't do it lo. My mil din even bother to visit e small one so I can't b bothered w them too, wahaha.

But Jav time, my in laws also like tr, cry only is hungry, cry only means mus gif milk. So silly thinking. Even Jays full nth, he was crying cos he wanna slp, n den she sees n tell me, he wan to drink milk alrdy.. Ask me go make milk.. When Jay jus fin his milk less den 1 hr ago.. I jus told her' no la, he jus fin milk less den an hr, he jus cry cos he wanna slp nt eat!' she hear le jus gimme one face n say 'ohh'... Tsktsk.

pink, here's a guide i extracted frm wong boh boi's book:

Age of infant: 1-2 mths

Amt per feed: 120-150ml

No. of feeds per day: 5

My bb used to be able to take up to 140ml, these weeks his intake drop too. Not sure why lei.

lin, never hear phlegm need to drink soy milk lei. Soy milk usually for bb who cant take formula or having diahorrea. Breastmilk is still best ba.

now that Clara sleeping again, I just update you all for the trip to Yuguo chinese physician for the tuina

and also met Hazel there- chat [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Register - at the main entrance. take about 10 mins.

The nurse will pass u the card and no.

For baby and kid tuina- have to go down

CON- Those who bring stroller will find it very troublesome to carry baby and stroller down to another level unless u wan to place it at the main entrance but no one jagar the stroller also

Wait for the no to be call and the physician will check baby.

No ba-mai- just hear the chest and ask what is happening.

PRO- GOod and detail only if you keep asking questions like me like tat....keep asking even when she want to send me off to the tuina shi-fu

CON- There are many tuina shifu there. Old one mainly. Look more like a massage saloon to me but the physician is the one who assign the job to the specific tuina

Tuina

- start with little finger, then hand, forehead, body front and back. about 25 -30 mins

- during the tuina session when the baby is sleeping, parent are encourage to collect the medicine from upstair and pay $$ of course

Nursing room

- NO nursing room,

- Basically there is no changing table for you to change baby diaper too.

- Just borrow 1 bed form the tuina if you see it empty and change lor..

- Make milk also have to find a place to sit down and make milk n feed.

Not so pro- baby friendly although is a baby massage clinic ...is very traditional old chinese

overall., not bad if you are gg just to see the physician and get medicine[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I will be gg back again[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wat is e benefit of tuina? Is it because bb not feeling well or ? Cos i saw a # mummies sending bb for tuina but not sure what is it for leh.. Can enlighten me?

Linda> i went Yu GUo once and dun think will go again...

Cuz their tuina like touch touch to me.. I stay very far.. Cab to n fro for one triP plus consultation and 药包.. Very siong...

My mum went with me that time cuz RY keep crying and ppl said colic... Desperate so gO... Even my mum and i were.. Like that only ah... We did finish the thing on the tummy but duno really effective or not..

Pray we dun need to go there ever again also...

stella, i brought my sons for tuina upon lilprecious recommendation.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] the tuina is to dispel wind, phlegm etc for the babies and toddlers w/o any medication and the tuina makes them slp well.. both my sons KO after the tuina session lol.. and i can see an improvement in my elder son's phlegm.. when he zzz, he snores and can hear his mucus.. after the tunia, dun seem to hear his eh eh sound.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Chen> yes...

Dad - 10 children

Mum - 6 children

FIL - 15 children

MIL - 8 children..

Dunno to be fortunate I'm an only child or not.. I've no siblings... My wedding.. 71tables... Lol...

true also la Rach

I took a cab there this moring and the cab cannot find the route and left me outside and i roamed for 20 mins to find the clinic..

took medicine + tuina is $16+24 = $40

Cab = $13.80 from punggol to Kembangan

Back to home - I took mrt to tampines then back to p[unggol = $9.20

its a bit siong but i will have to see how..cos this is the 1st time and clara poo out some sticky sticky one liao")

oh rach u also only child ar?? same as me.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and ur wedding tables 71?? fwah.. mine only 45 and i tot is a lot liao.. then where u held ur wedding?? :p

pixie..i also want to start bed time early..but he doenst wanna sleep..we actually start it at 930 with milk...but it will last till 1030 on good nite, 11pm on bad nite n even worse

i know kids should have early bed time..but they jsut refuse to sleep hor...cant force right..?

linlee i think u mistaken my appt..i gg to PD today..yuguo some other day..PD say not much phlegm etc...so mayb dont go yu guo yet..

lilprecious..i lvoe dr simon ng more n more...he really very patient..i ask so many question he also entertain..my mum also very long winded.he also entertain..so i just let charmaine jab jab ther, after finish my boy consult. i may go next tue to let my boy do hep A coz its cheaper than RH.much much cheaper..i relaise aunty assistnat also treat me very nice...coz my fren's say the aunty assistant sometimes got pattern but both time i go she also veyr chatty n nice to me..

n best of all no long queue in the morning..my old place..every time got to wait.see beh sianz lor..pay so much, wait so long...

oh ya..i ask abt how to introduce bottle..hhe say try with fresh ebm, n let some one else feed..and the mummy cannnot be nearby..just go away ie go n hide etc..donn even stand close by wor..

n he show me achecklist of things to take note...n one of it after he say i feel so guillty..when baby is alert n quiet, play, sing , stimulate her...etc..

gosh ..i am alsways on my iphone lor..my hubby even wanna confisacte my phone away...

pinkypink is royce mmebership ex? coz i dont normally go indoor gym coz his daddy prefer him to be in the outdoor..but this few days every rain..indoor gym is good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

if not to ex, i dont mind trying royce..

Mummies - u mean ur Bb feeding time is mostly fixed timing? My gal now day time drinks btw 2.5-3hrly n needs pat/carry/walk to sleep, then awake in late afternoon till e 7+pm feed. Then need a gd 1hr+ pat/carry/walk to sleep n ko ard 9pm. Then she will sleep 4-5hrs thru. Night still wake up but every 3hrs sharp n ko straight aft feed. is this consider her routine? Roughly her pattern is like that. But cant seem to fix or control her timing leh. More of her controlling us.

How to fix n control her? Ignore n let her cry?

My boy is getting very cranky again. Always refused to drink milk whether it is bottled-feed ebm or latched on. Last week he was better when my ML massaged him but these few days (esp. when my MIL is around) are bad. I may bring him down for tuina next week. Anyone going?

Wonmummy

me too

but clara is worse than your baby

cos although she has a fix timing to drink every 3 hour, sometime she drink at 2 hour each

not fix one.

and she nid to walk , pat at shoulder , carry like koala bear, rock bit to make her sleep.

Put her back to bed, and her eye will be big and make a eh ehe noise again

She will sleep the latest at 11pm...wake up at 1+, 3+, 5+...6am then not to drink sometime...but to be carry

i ignore her on monday and she cried till her tears dropped both side.

I see already very heartbreak..end up under her torture[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] haaaa LOL ...

carry

Now after the tuina- she is well asleep

that is why i can log in and chat

Lai

I gg to tuina tmr.

suppose to be continous of 3 days...which meant today, tomorrow and sat

but I probably give sat a skip as a lot of ppl one....

So I will go tmr and monday.

Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 11:37 am:

Gathering in the EAST @ Summer mommy hse (bedok Reservoir)

Date:27th April,Wednesday

Time:1pm

Lunch??

1.) Jes/Jayien/Javier

2.) Cae/Cayli

3.) Angelia/Cherelle

4.) jinni/lex

5.) Rach/RY/RL

6.) Marie (M) / Jordan

is this the latest list??

Poky u wanna come.. walk over only.. lol

Lailai : hi^5 lah !!! I also abit padang de... My mil also like to say things in front of my girl lo... Damn irritating de right !!! Actually my girl from start very good to look after de lo.. She wouldn soooo cranky de lo... Until my mil keep infront of my girl say, "naughty girl arr, huai dan arr" than my girl start to often eheh lo... Than imagine, my girl sleeping than she also in front of my girl say "keep sleep sleep sleep, wake up already lo... " than now become my girl at night dont wanna sleep liao lo... Waliew, damn bth mil... Imagine, i finally coax my girl to sleep than she go didi siaosiao... Than open eyes abit than jidao carry her up... Wahh! DL lo...

Lilprecious : wah! Your mother same as my mother sia.. When they wanna carry bb, they will ask can carry anot? Or just playplay with bb first.. Lol ! Cause my mum knows and understand that different mother handle their kid differently so she just let me go my way lo... But mil doesnt think like that... Mil thinking more "stupid!" bb eheh, mean want carry.. Bb cry mean hungry.. Abit eheh also cannot! I super scare my Cherelle will being spoilt by her sia... =\

Angelia, yah lor...then my MIL can go tell people that she's still @ my place 'coz I don't know how to take care of my Bb...I was like HUH!?!??! Since when I don't know? I just didn't bathe and bottle-feed him 'cause of confinement what! Anyway I bathed him today and everything was SMOOTH lor...Wah kaoz..I just told her not to say things in front of him...she still can tell me "yah...I think he's quite petty..." *faint*..duno why they thought they know our babies very very well...

Lailai : ya lah ya lah!! My mil is super noob in taking care of bb de lo.. My hb and his sister from small is not my mil takecare de lo.. Is their aunt... And my mil still tell me that she dont know how to takecare of bb at all de lo... Than now she like acting smart like that! Hate it lo! Just imagine when burp bb should be hitting bb's back upward right? She burp my girl, by soft soft bua Downward my girl's back.. Like that can burp meh? Omg ! Jialat right... Than when i say her, she keep insist say, like that also can mah... =\ waliew, waste my saliva.. I jidao ask hb to see and say her lo...

Bravado & GLamourmom has arrived!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

LG PRIME PLAYMATS UPDATES!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sorry mummies, fisherprice is SOLD OUT!

New design uploaded.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Also quite cute.. and the back is ABC.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

check here.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Angelia - haha all mil e same. Mine too.. Eheh a bit she will rush in n carry. Cry means hungry when eg 30mins ago she just help me wash her btl. Lol. but these few wks she totally Bo hiu us anymore. Mayb whatever remarks she say we also ignore, sian le [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lin lee - oh dear, midnight don't want feed just carry? Must b v tiring for u ya... I feel for u. ESP worry Bb cry n wake up everyone.

Finish my breast massage with ML... she say I got 3-in-1... engorement+lumps+blockage and slight crack nipples.... wah piang hear liao I also faint... she say tml will come massage again cos too jia liat 1 session cannot completely clear... she say I better pump every 2 hrs... sh*t, like that where got time to take care of bb and rest??? She say for my case every hard to drag pumping interval, she say if I drag will kena again and if fever again supply will drop drastically... now my breast is feeling pain from all the massage and pumping... how to survive??

Won

I used to sleepless Nite Liao since my eldest boy also like that... But that time it was cos of his bronchitis that why I have to stay wake every hour to do theraphy for him;)

Funni after 11 yrs- our body still very smart to recall what to do!

Xiaofeizhu, how come u got a tear? Yr gynae didnt do episiotomy?

My mom kept asking me to drink ginger red dates tea but it's so heaty that i only drink once a day, i think not everyone can tahan confinement food... My body is on the heaty side, so i dared not eat all the heaty stuff at confinement despite my mom's nagging. I drank ginger red date a few days, already sore throat with thick phelgm.

Babybride, for blisters, i read tt u just have to continue latching n pumping. The suction will naturally break the blisters. I also envy those mommies with 200-300 yield. I wonder if i pump 1hr, will i get more milk.. Now max yield in the mornings is only 160ml, so similar to u. Sometimes i also feel a sharp pain in my breast after latching. It's like a nerve pulling pain... N my nipples also have some cracks... When the water touches them, can hurt a bit.

Mothers are the greatest, although bf so painful, many of us still persevering. Sometimes i feel like giving up, after all, most of us grew up on FM n we also turned out fine.

Pooh bear, i bought the handsfree strap already. Now using it while pumping [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but i keep feeling tt the shields gg to drop off leh... Like suction not strong enough

Won_mummy : at least if you all ignore than she bo hiew you leh.. I also got ignore .. But she still wanna kpo leh! Hais..! Sometime bb in the night cry right, she will come in my room and carry bb out de lo.. Waliew.. Sian!

Back