(2011/03) Mar 2011

Annie - Would love to see how much Javier can eh eh eh... Wont he get tired of it? haha...

Anyway used Mamy Poko diaper for the first time last night for Eden, it was a sample given by hospital...

Wow.. I touch touch the diaper, feels so soft sia... Like for "golden" backside kind...

But too bad it's so expensive sia...

2k - you're using it for your child right? Is it good for overnight diaper? Will leak?

Annie: my Jab was cranky all e way till 6-8 mths den only he ok to slp thru e night.. I was super stressful w him.. Cos he everyday cry n cry..he beginning 3 mths was terrible.. Gt colic.. Everyday frm 5pm will cry till 10pm..n for the first 2 mths, He cry I cry tog w him.. But diff bbs diff behaviour.. So yrs might nt b tt bad.. Don think too far first, jus settle him for nw, n slowly u'll find it much easier to handle.

I'm quite zek ark one.. I let my Jav cry when he's abt 3-4mths.. Cry n I ignore, n he jus fall aslp himself.. Cos he gotta know tt I can't possibly carry him n slp everyday wad.

So u gotta go with yrbb behaviour n hw much u can take lo..

U can do it de.. Nw u actually haf lotsa help frm mil, yr parents n hb.. So tk e chance n rest lo, ya.

N as fr yr ss, I don think needa worry too much.. As long as u pump 4hrly or 5hrly as per normal, the yield shud b still e same n b enuf for bb.. I don think it's necessary to pump every 3hrly.. U r having a gd supply alrdy mah.. So y worry n add more stress ya? Yr boy only drinking 3oz nw, n I'm sure u producing much more den tt per pump..

I agree w pixie leh, if yr boy cant drag till 3hrs per feed, it might b time to increase his feed, jus try bit by bit n see hw much he can take.. As long as he doesn't vomit or haf bloatedness , he shud b digesting them well. I haf frens whom feed bb 1.5-2hrly n u know e bb jus gt used to it, n till he's older, still drinking every 1.5-2hrly in small amts, it's so tiring fr the parents!

Fel: mamy poko is so far the best diapers I've used.. Jav can wear one b4 slp At maybe 10pm n wakes up next morn 7 plus dem change w/o leaking at all..

2ks

Ya actually it's only day 4 for us ;) I saw my lactation today when I went for Bb check up. Just have to latch n latch. How it will get better. Only thing is my lump in right armpit has become 2 lumps. Hope it will clear soon.

The only good news is I have milk coming n Bb not too jaundiced.

Thx for ur advise.

Fel, he will eh eh eh n if u dun settle him fast he his eh will turn into cry then louder cry loh!

Lilprecious, noted your message... My Hubby says drinks 3 oz at his stage alot Liao, dun let me increase his feed! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] no choice gotta let him be like that loh.. When I ownself look after in the day then I try to increase his feed n see if really can drag his hrs of sleep...

Btw, how long u pump each session? I pump only 15 mins each session, dunno enough to get out the hind milk anot...

Many poko really good? I shall go try it next time... I now using pamper for my boy. So far so good. Have anyone try both pamper n many poko brands? Which is better?

Fel: yes I using it for night.. It won't leak leh.. Actually alot of ppl nvr wear properly that's why leaks.. The sides at thigh there must pull out de

Mummies,

How long u all take to poo aft delivery? My 4th day still haven poo. No feeling leh n also scared pain.

L3x,

its my 3rd day and i also havent poo and i hope i dun poo too soon cos scared pain! all the bananas that came with the hospital bill i also didnt touch.

but doc did prescibe stool softener for me so now i more 'rest assured'.

did u get the stool softener?

L3x - It took me 5.5 days then i POO POO... HAha..

That was after taking stool softener n one big glass of prune juice...Think if i didn't take those.. Can easily 7 days never poo poo also..

L3x: is normal girl. I only poo yday which is 4th day after delivery. Then just now went to poo again. Is a nightmare when u have the urge to poo! Cos very scare the wound and dun dare to use too much strength. Is a nightmare to me whenever I visit toilet regardless big or small business.

winnie the pooh,

if u had c-sect then cannot eat chicken and eggs. i heard fr my mil some fish are considered 毒better to avoid also...

Hi Mummies!!

Finally got time to come into the forum today... been feeling so tired these few days cos I wake up to pump every 3 hrly... my ss is more then bb's demand so am thinking if I shld try to drag my pumping time.... manage to store a few packs of ebm in the freezer already... a sense of satisfaction when I see that =) Thank you all for th strong encouragement on BF-ing...

I wld also like to give credit to my hubby for his support in BF-ing... waking up in the middle of the night to help me fetch the pump into the room, bring out the milk to store when I'm done, wash and sterilize the pump for me (cos cannot touch water during confinement)... now he is out for a swim... like what you mummies mention, I guess he need to take some time off for his sanity too...

Regarding diapers, my CL also recommend me to use mammy poko for night cos she say the material is softer and wraps better... indeed, from the sample given in the hospital pack, it feels so soft... my bb faces alot of leakage when using huggies... so ke lian, the poo can kena her shirt and pants.. lucky got standby drypers at home, so now try drypers and see how...

I wanna ask, do you mummies keep farting after delivery? Me already day 10th but I keep farting... is it normal?? Then just I tot my lochia is quite light already, last night and today like sudden gush... is it normal as well??

L3x/spyria - I poo on the 5th day bit bit then on the 6th day better... the stool softener really helps.... luckily 2Ks reminded us to request for it otherwise with my tear (at the side of my buttock) I cannot imagine how am I gg to do it... finish my stool softener already so I took prune juice today.. hopefully the effect is as gd...

Lx3

I've not poo too. N I think I delivered same day as u[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I intend to take prune juice later.

Mummies with short nipples.. the nurse taught me to use the breast pump to stimulate it often.. and plus use the nipple inverter (Pigeon Brand, think ~ $7.90), it helps to pull it out and allows your bb to latch at every feed. See if it works for u too !

Xiaofeizhu.. I also keep F F... think its the wind in us and the confinement food we eat? ... Good that the wind is out !

Spyria, I only had miserable drops of colostrum at the hospital too.. but back home, the supply slowly comes in and bb is satisfied after the feeds.. Thus no worries.. it will come as long we keep trying and pumping. Of cos nipples at times sore sore !

Most impt u try to get bb to latch at hospital first.. get the help u need from the nurses.. before we go home and nobody can help us.

urgh, dam pissed off with hubby...

i went back to my mum's place in the day after my confinement as my hb always need to go sch until 10pm, if he picks us up after sch then we'll prob reach home 11pm liao. so my bro send us back everyday... but my gal always doze off in his car (and most impt it's alr her bedtime). I normally tuck her in bed ard 9-9.30pm de.

my in-laws were always at home when i bring my gal back, then they'll look at me with the face "i wanna play with her/i wanna carry her look". and my gal is like half asleep alr wat, so better give her milk and tuck her into bed right? nontheless, i would pass them my gal so tt i could make milk for her. then the pek chek part is they'll wake her up and play with her! i was like wtf, she's half asleep, u wake her up wat time is she going to fall asleep again! so pissed lor! and if i put my gal in the rm to make milk, they'll see me with the "y u leave her crying in the room face!" machiam i owe them like tt!

she just wouldnt slp even after i fed her milk, end up she'll always slp at 12am. i am so tired alr still need to coax her until 12am.

i am so pek chek with my in law and they still can say "sleep later never mind" kinda thing! and they weren't even the one who puts her to slp lor! then, i confronted my hubby regarding this, he told me to tell them off saying tt they only see her once a day now, let them play with her for a while! i was like WTF, alr bushed to the max taking care of her for the whole day liao instead of puting her to bed at 9+ still need to drag until 12am! i told him i need more rest and he say he UNDERSTAND but cant do anything cos it's out of good intention tt they wanna spend time with her.

everytime i have to spare a thought for others, but no one spares a thought for me! dam pek chek and i have no solutions! sob sob sob...

lilprecious: I try to drag my baby's feeding time to 3hrs also, but she keeps, drinking alittle bit then fall asleep, den refuse to drink liao leh. sometimes wake up for feed, fed 60ml den she fell asleep, den like half or 45mins later wake up again den wan to feed, den give her like 10ml or latch like 5mins, she sleep again. how ah like tat?

Haha.. I also feel that farting is good cos can expel the air out but very smelly lol... think I'm intoxicating my hubby with the poisonous gas... hopefully all the 'bad gas' gets expels asap... so that I can reduce the size of my tummy... until now still cannot do my massage becos of my wound even thou natural birth... even CL also comment nv see natural birth so jia lat one... sianzz...

Even though i pump diligently at 3 or 4 hours interval,'engorgement came n visited me at my left breast.. Super hard feeling n pain also.. should I massage n pump now or should I wait until my next Pumping at 630?

Allets - I think should pump now la... Faster use hot compress, massage then pump out...

IF not u tahan also more painful only..

allets - Erm if you ask me I will wait... cos wanna train the breast to wait for the pump session.. but not sure if this is the right way... why not ask your ML to come and help you massage to clear the engorement/blockage? Althou I can't start my massage yet but Mdm Idah came to help to relieve engorement/blockage first.... after she clears it, she ask me not to use hot compress cos she say its temp measure only and in the long run hot compress may decrease ss for some pple... instead she teach me her way of massage then ask me to pump each hourly for 4 consecutive hrs then chg to 3 hrly pump... indeed it works quite ok on me and I can see an increase in ss... now every 3 hrly I can get combine like 125ml to 160ml... but perhaps this is subjective... so prob you seek your ML advice...

I see. Yah, I have stool softener n am taking them since in the hospital. Tink will get prune juice to drink, cos I no urge to poo, only fart alot.

Butter8, we give birth on the same day. Will try tonight or tml aft eating papaya. Really scared too. Pee now much better. Left pooing. Thx mummies for the replies.

Btw, breasts start to feel hard at areas Liao. Tml starting massage. Breast pump yield not good, also only a fee drops of milk only.

Xiaofeizhu: yes!! I keep farting until today still fart alot.. I console myself la said I got too much smelly air inside..

And good job on your breastfeeding!!

So things going smooth for u already right? Take care things be fine with Hubby support

Pixie - hehe I still owe u e kidslink respond. Tried calling few times this morning either engage or ring le no ans. Guess cos it's sat? I will die die try again on mon. Cos I want to know ASAP too. Lol. Will keep u posted.

Zenia - cool cool. Can understand ur frustration. When my family come visit my gal on wkend they also keep talking n playing n waking her up. Don't wanna c her asleep. Hmm how abt day time at ur mum's house if she not sleepy keep her awake a while?then when u home she sure damn tired. Even if ur in law play w her a while, soon aft she will wanna sleep le. These few days my gal day time a bit cranky, refuse to sleep. So i let her b if she din cry. By night time think cos she too tired n lack of sleep, she sleeps longer n better.

2ks: u poo on the next day??? Brave! I dun even dare to urine on the next day! Nightmare!!!

Sigh... CL said my ebm got abit of blood cos is not totally milky colour and she threw it away. So upset! Then she asked me to hand squeeze the milk out so that my nipples won't be so sore due to the pumping. Then my milk supply is very pathetic!!! Very upset! Is only 1 oz each session.

Been learning so much from the mummies here since I gave birth via c-sec 12 days ago! Thank you all for the valuable info!

Would like to check, is it ok to breastfeed if my mum cooks using the confinement rice wine? I'm quite skeptical. Not sure if the alcohol will all be removed by the cooking if it's just cooking for a short while?

Me urine hours after the delivery and poo on the day I discharge. When I had my no 1 I am told to urine hours after delivery and I that time happen to have terrace tan as Giselle pd so I ask him is it necessary to poo during the stay in hospital.. He say best if u can poo cos scare constipated... Have more veg.. Really helps

I'm so tired! Need to vent..

My boy Kip latching non stop the whole day.. My neh neh are super overworked! I dun get to rest much . The moments he wakes he starts screaming for milk.. Sian.. Feel so useless.. Wat kind of mommy am I? When I can't even feed him full..

Argh...

Worse still.. My mommy Kip coming over every wkend n "disturb" me.. I can rest lor.. My sis another one.. Play w my gal n make her scream so loud n wake baby up!! I'm so pissed la..

My mum damn bias. Cos this bb is a BOY.. Kip coming every wkend lor. When I had my gal she only visited me once n dun even wanna carry my gal.. My boy she carry non stop lor..

Wa lau damn sian rite?!!

Baby bride

Is cos Clara got jandice on the 1st week-

We brought her to see the padetrician to followup after discharge

Then 3rd week go see again cos to make sure she gain weight and also partly her face got heat rashes

The next appointment is the 6-1 jab schedule on 13 April which will mark her 2 month old;)

U didn miss out la!

Jus that I kiasu and nid to make sure clara is gaining weight n feeding well;)

Spyria - this is the pigeon nipple puller I bought.. Its like a rubbery thingie which helps to suck the nipple out.. one have to gauge the pressure pressed. The first time I used I pressed too hard and went "ouch".. but u see the nipple pulled out also happy ! Haha.

Hugs... I also felt lonely when hb went back to do housework and left me in the ward alone. Can't see bb.. wait for nursing time but not yet.. can only stare blank in the room and get emo too. So u're normal... lets blame it on our hormones !!

http://www.pigeon.com.sg/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=29&category_id=18&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=42

JAM Teh,

It's ok to breastfeed if the rice wine has been cooked.

Ting Ting,

It's ok to feed EBM with a bit of blood. Most probably because the capillaries in the breast broke. I had blood in EBM too. Just lower the suction of the breast pump & it'll be ok.

Zenia, u already brought ur gal out le ah? Can understand u r very tired n need sleep, but put myself in their shoes, they also dote your gal so wanna play with her. If they dun dote on ur gal, they wouldn't bother ur gal at all. But maybe u can try to let them know u r really tired n need rest? If they wanna wake ir gal up to play then ask them to look after ur gal n settle ur gal back to sleep later? Tell them u need to go to bed Liao n see what they say. If they understand u, they will help u?

Won_mummy, I also wanna know how much kidslink charge for 6 in 1 jab. Pls post ur update here ya? Thks...

Summer_mummy, ur boy growth spurt ah? Just now I also had a fright - my boy vomited so much out until his nose also got! Then he seemed to be in shocked after the fast n furious vomit, I nearly cried! Felt so heartpain! Although his whole body was n my pj were stained with smelly puke milk I also dun care but just hugged him to my closely to calm him down. Then my Hubby n I faster wipe clean him. Dunno is it he was overfed leh. My mil gave him 3 oz of milk then she said he poo alot twice n was hungry, so 1 hr later she gave him another 2 oz. Then 1 hr later, he woke up crying for milk so I latched him for 10 mins but he was very cranky during the latch. Hubby thought he didn't have enough n went to make 1 oz more but he didn't drink much. Then not long after he vomited. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I see already really heartpain! My mil always think he is hungry or didn't drink enough if he eh eh eh n dun wanna sleep. Sigh...

Why recently when I latch my boy he always fidget n cranky? Always eh eh eh but give me the want-to-drink expression? Dunno is it because of his phlegm or what. Haiz... Really hope Bb can grow up fast, at least can talk n tell us what he wants.

Annie

Sometimes bb dunno their limits. As long as u burp them in btw feeds, dun let them finish alot of milk one shot. Then shld be ok. The 3 oz milk, did u pause halfway n burp him first them cont? Mayb he drink too fast got suck in some wind?

My boy forever not full lei.. I feel so emo.. Feel so useless!!!

I latch until v tired lor.. He Kip gluing to my neh neh the whole day.. Haiz.. My hb say need to buy a cow Liao..

Summer mommy: u are not alone.. My boy Also very scary..

Drink and latch.. Then I told Hubby after cl leaves, I convert to full time cow, pump latch pump latch pump latch, other things no need to do le

Summer's mummy, yes, we always burp him half way through his feed b4 continuing the remaining. He vomited out alot of phlegm too. Ur boy treating your nipple as pacifier is it?

2Ks, u got so much excess of milk, can feed ur boy with that Ma, y u will have problem pumping n latching?

I also v scare.. CL leave I jia lut. Kip glueing to me. Latch, change diapers, bath.. Etc.. Really no nid to do anything else le. Still haf to fetch my gal fr sch daily.. Sian [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Belinda, I can understand your fustrations over the drinking pattern.. my son was like that initially but seems like his drinking habit is back to normal already.. probably they need time to get used?? now my son drinks 70ml every 2-3 hours already.. so just monitor her drinking pattern first.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Annie

Then it mus be the phlegm. Cheer up. Look on the bright side. He threw up the phlegm means he's getting better le [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ya I also think I'm his walking pacifier! He won't zzz until I hold him n let him suckle a bit more.. Haiz.. I'm so tired la..

Annie: I think u overfed.. If milk ooze out from nose very xin ku one..

Yes I have excess milk but the rate he drink is pretty scary, so diff from kyler..

He can drink 100ml at 4.30 then 5.20 I latch 20mins then 6pm down another 90ml then 7.20 cries and latch 20mins then 8pm down another 90ml..

Not scary meh??

His face now so round and the cheeks.. I also scared overfed leh but he won't zzz unless satisfied.. He will yell and cry one..

And he always look so satisfied and fall into deep sleep if I satisfied him..

Now cl around la I can latch and pump without worrying about other thing.. But when she left leh.. I need time to eat bath all that also mah... That's why I told hub I can convert to full time cow!!

Summer mommy: he won't let go my neh neh one lor. Everytime got to pull out!!

That's my main concern too.. After cl left like 100% all devoted to him alone!!

I think he is a milk monster.. His face so round can!

Annie - yes I will post e kidslink rates once I manage to talk to e nurse.

Hmm I think u overfed him leh. Saw a post by 1 mummy saying if vomit out from nose cfm is overfeed. I had this issue b4 too. Feed bit by bit within few hrs n Bb vomit a lot. Keep showing signs of hunger. Think u shd next time cuddle n pat him or giv him pacifier? Mayb just cranky, not comfy, refuse to sleep.

Yes, v frustrating n worrying when they keep crying n don't know wat they want. Jiayou!!!

2k - think u missed my post qns. Was asking how to go abt w nightfeed n when can we start?

U mean now u don't give ur Bb same amt every feed? Hmm m now trying to train my gal every 2.5-3hrly feed n I always give 120ml. Is it ok? Or shd I if 2.5hrs giv slightly lesser? Today even aft burp n carry sit up position for 5mins (as usual) then lay her down, she still drip out some milk. Don't know y. Last 2 days was ok.

L3x, drink prune juice might help. I had de same problem b4, prune juice works for me. Some mummies tried stool softener n worked for them too.

Angelia, tks 4 sharing.my bm flow drop today, notsure why. So thinking to order ntry milkmaid tea but not sure if there's any side effects if stop taking it. So m getting info fr this thread b4 I try it.

Yean : you're welcome... We are all here to share info arr.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] haha! So far to me no side effect bah.. Cause i still consuming... But if really stopped to drink, than i dont know liao.. Perhaps can check with Rach or othet mummies that did try before too? ;)

Back