(2011/03) Mar 2011

Congrats Audrey, ting ting, Cindy.....

ST, Jiayou, it just getting use to the pattern of bb .... Relax ah......

Annie, Pixie, 2Ks and other mummies who are looking after bb yourself, how do you establish latching and pumping pattern at night?? Do you feed bb ebm ( so that bb sleeps longer) and wake up during the intervals to pump? I'm just wondering abt this? Coz when CL goes home, HOW am I to cope???

Tres

at night I wakie to pump every 3hrly initially + feeding or latching bb. See how de

even bb latch or feed different timing frm my pumping sessions I will still wake up for pumping lor.

Then gradually I feed ebm to bb, but if she in between 3hr ask for milk, I will latch her to stretch the hours. But feeding time n pumping time still dun match de

now finally I pump 12mn n 5am. Feeding her per 3hrly it even longer if she sleeps thru. But I always put alarm to wake up earlier to bring out the ebm...snooze a bit then warm the ebm.....so that when she eh eh eh then I can feed her immediately without her crying n waking up my son. And by doing this, my gal goes thru dream feed mode so she hardly wakes up completely

hmmmm not sure if u get me?

Pixie ... Thanks, I think so I get it.....So you only pump twice a day?? Other times, it's always latch on??? Wah, isn't this like double work??? Wah piang?? I need a very good eye cream sia.....

Another qn: if you pump at 12 mn, bb cries for milk at 1am, the boobies still got milk to supply??

Just finish pumping... Drop 10ml... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

ST: dun cry k? Get some sleep!

Spyria: during my stay in hospital, bb oso very sleepy. The nurse said bb r normally tired on e 1-2 days of birth.

Btw, any mummies use Kinder clinic for vaccine? Got price list?

Up pumping again!!!

Angelina- positive mindset is impt.. For my confinement, My mum has been kinda of giving me attitude or must say minimal attention on bb.. She is too occupied tAking care of my sis 2 kids where my nephew ESP demand her 101% attention.. He can't even stand my mum carrying my ger loh..

He will just wail until like got no tmr.. So for e past days, day time I tSke care of bb until my hb n mil ask if i got rest not..

So lesson learnt: though own mum is good, but there are still alot of things u have to do it in ur own !

My mum is like going thru menopause !!! Super duper petty

now! She has yet to talk to me loh! Dinner cooked Liao also just Put there than I auto see got food I eat loh! Sometimes quite envy those with proper cl de.. My breakfast damn simple(Milo, egg n chic essence).. Not full n to e extent I

need to tellmy mum I not full, buy bread for me! Biang!

Allets: I am also awake now to do pumping. My milk supply is pathetic. Better than nth. Trying to eat more that can help in boosting my milk supply.

Me too up pumping... Yes, eat/drink more to get better supply ba.....

Anyways ask you all, when you all pump, does your hb get up w you too? Damn buay siong my hb, ask him to rest early w me.... So at least can wake to help me wash the parts or even ee to bb's cries. Dun listen... Stay to watch his stupid shows and now sleeps like a log, bb cries also Bo chup......!!!

Freaky pissed lor.....

Me three...up pumping...supposed to do it @ 4.30 but drag till 5.30 then buey tahan the engorgement pain..

ST, Spyria & tres, don't be disheartened...we jiayou together k!

Allets, take gd care n don't overstain yrself..

Earlier on hb was asking ne after my maternity, who to look after bb.. This is An issue that has yet to be solved! As much as i wan my own mum to look after, my concern s can she manage with 1 4yo(not so much a prob cos attend full day cc), 1 11mth old nephew( who dd my mum 101% attention ) n my bb! Will my mum start pulling hair like sone if e mummies here? my hb suggested mil but I dun feel comfy cos bb will be alone at

her place no kor kor Jie Jie to play with, secondly, my mil v long nv take cate of young kids n thirdly, if she to sth I not please, v hard to tell her! So now am hoping my sis decision

to get a maid happens fast enuf so that my bb can still be

look after by my mum..

I need to rant off abit.. My tolerance for my mum attitudeness

has reached it's limit that I finally broke down.. Was washing my pump parts earlier on n I asked her to feed bb before she goes out(today they go Qing ming Jie shao mu)since its 15 mins away from bb feeding time.. Than she ignore me.. N when she walk back, she used her super not nice tone n asked me 'Where is e milk!'.. Biang.. I told her 'milk is in e fridge!'.. Hearing her tone, immediately my tears just uncontrollably flow down! Wat isit that mummy n bb has done to deserve this?! In e end she still warm e milk n fed bb while this mummy me hide inside e toilet n cried a little ..

Tres: hmm, my hb slps thru when I'm up pumping.. Normally I'm the one who wakes to attend to my boy when he cries fr milk.. Frm bb till now. But on days tt he's off the next day, he'll wake n make milk cos he knows I need my slp as I'm v tired when he's nt arnd.. Mmm, but when Jav was young, he does wake to help too.. I think guys r less sensitive n more 被动.. Y don u try talking to yr hb abt it, tell him u hope he can actually help u out abit in e night so u can haf a lil rest? But sometimes must b understanding a lil, cos they still working whereas for nw we r not mah.. So they kinda need e slp too.. My own personal thinking la.. =Pp

Allets: don cry.. Hughug.. Maybe yr mum nt in a gd mood? She's still yr mum sure will get over it de.. Don worry ya. U n bb din do anything wrong.. Jus sometimes dere's communication breakdwn btw ppl.. It happens ya.. Go n rest, all will b well soon k..

Wahh I feel hungry.. But lazy to eat.. Haha, dono I can fall aslp anot.. Sigh, 2nd last day Liao.. My CL leaving tmr.. Sob sob........ My hb keep asking me to keep her another week, but I said dowan cos feel like don make much difference n tot use the $, send Jav to cc better.. But ... I am missing my CL alrdy!

Man.. Woke up with painful breasts...

Woke up baby to latch and she only finished a portion...

So got up to pump and halfway, RY woke up crying...

Useless hb till now still dunno what she wants when she wake up at the hour...

Trying to ask her issit too hot or wanna change diapers..

Walked into study room and blame me for pumpin... And before I could tell him she just wants milk, he disappeared and try to pacify her again... Then I shouted she wants milk la! Then only he went to make milk... Not before walking over and blame me for offing the aircon??!!??

It's a daily routine and he's the one who gets up to make milk almost everyday and yet still dunno what his daughter wants...

The men just dun get it...

Then RY came out and stood next To me, crying and refusing to go drink milk w daddy.

Had to cut short my pumping and go back room with her...

Gave her the milk then she drink.. Changed her diapers...

RL start crying... Clothes wet, diaper cloth wet... Changed her diapers in the dark... She pee....great... So changed another diaper.. And change her clothes... And finally.. Now latching her again.....

Sometimes life is easier if we take care of the kids Wo the stupid men!!

Angelina> yup replied ur whatsapp le... Easier to whatsapp me ma... The timing u posted on thread usually I busy and no time to read de...

So u hardly see me post.. Or I may just come in post some updates without reading...

Hehe.. Paiseh...

Just finished reading the posts from yest ones...

Finally all Ko....

I'm going back to sleep... Sigh.....

Milktea> yup urs partially came.. Some backorder... U wanna some first or wait for all to arrive???

Jaime> ya wanted to stop cuz very mafan to sort cuz their invoice hard to copy to excel I need to type out one by one..

But like u said.. So nice how to resist for some?? Lol...

Then my regular spreeists ask... Then do Lo...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

last week Osh kosh 30% sia... Shiok... But only ordered sleepwear for RY... Cheap la... 3pc set only US$13 - 30%.. shiok!!!

Someone asked abt carters spree

Www.carters.com

PM me ur orders ASAP. Thanks..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies, sometimes I may miss out post or read all one shot after I clear my hundreds of emails daily...

So best is to PM me... Cuz when I'm busy, I'll delete all mar 2011 emails.. Then settle my sprees Liaoz then log in to read..

Else I hate to see 200-300 emails in inbox.. And mar is like a huge portion of those email Lo.. Hehe...

Else whatsapp me..try not to SMS unless u dun have whatsapp la... Cuz 1000-2000 SMS a month very siong on pocket..hehe....

Man.. Craving for coffeebean now!!! Drool....

Okie.. Gonna sleep..

Btw, the ginger cream burned on me from 11am - 11pm... Faint.. Hopefully it managed to burnt a big portion of my fats!! Aahhaha....

sT: u can do it de! No matter how u still got yo take care of bb alone someday.. Later when they gets bigger, it will be so much fun..

Think of other things ya.

Regarding bb flu, u can bring pd if u wanted to, but there are limit medicines that they can take..

There are two pd at woodlands.. Sbw dun hv pd

Tres: I don't pump in the middle of the night.. So I solely wake up for feed only.. But hor I think my Hubby will help me with the midnight feed.. So we take turns to feed ebm..

By the 2nd month, I will do my dreamfeed.. That means feed bb at maybe 12am (even sleeping) and c he can tong till 4/5am or not.. At least I can hv some quality sleep.

2ks

I just woke up at 4 with leaky rock hard pain breasts. Tried hot compress n pump but no1 woke up so had to put him back to sleep. No. 2 woke up after n I direct latch.

7 am rock hard n pain breasts. Or should I say pain thru the nite.

1. How do I cure this?

Tried pumping but after 15 min get 10-20 ml only

2. Are my breasts engorged n stuck? Will my Bb still get milk?

3 . How can I do direct latch in day but not at nite? I wan to train breasts. Can? So when should I pump when I settle down my supply n cure these pain pain pain breasts?

Sunesis & lailai,

Thanks fOr ur encourage. Really. We jus jiayou together no matter wat problem we faced!

Allets,

Be strong there. Yesternite also emo nite for me. Cry myself to sleep n self sooth cOs am all alone. Just tell urself u can do it no matter wat k. Rant here if really BTH!

Wa so much posts, read n forgot who I wanna reply again..

Tres, day time my mil will warm my ebm n feed Bb. Basically I do nothing until after 12midnight or 2 am then take over to latch Bb all the way until 8am in the morning where my mil comes to relieve me. So daytime I pump every 4 hrs. Night time now that I latch Bb almost every 2 hrs, so I dun pump. Trying to catch more sleep. But ytd I noticed my milk SS dropped a little. Abit panic! Coz Bb ytd demand starts to up by half an oz every feed Liao. Dunno I can catch up with him anot. I thinking if I need to change my pumping time back to 3 hrs or start taking back supplement?

My Hubby also wun wake up at night when I latch Bb or pump milk (last time). I dun mind coz I Noe he needs energy to drive n work the next day, so I try not to rely on him n let him sleep better. When he's back from work, he always help me to feed Bb n look after Bb until ard 2am for me to catch some sleep b4 I start my duty. He will also helps me wash n sterilize the bottles n bring in my pump parts to me if he knows my pumping time is up. So I'm quite contented abt his help le...

Wa last night my boy dunno what happen, wake up I latch him he super cranky, kept eh eh eh while latching then I change diaper for him he also eh until my parents both wake up n come rescue me! I dunno y whenever my mum carries him he will stop crying but I try to learn the way how my mum carries him but cannot leh... Very sad loh coz when he super cranky, both me n my Hubby can't deal with him, but only my mum can. But my mum needs to work very early, so I feel very guilty to disrupt my mum sleep.. So after my parents wake up, my father helps me look after my boy n coax him to sleep in sarong n they asked me go sleep. Slept for a good 2 hrs, I am now awake after feeding him n waiting for my mil to come. Feel really blessed to have my parents helping me but was thinking when will I be able to handle all myself? What in few mths time that I move to my new place with no parents staying with us, will we make it?

Lilprecious, by when jav starts to be less cranky? Will my Javier stop all his crankiness by 3 mths old? I feel so bad y I can't calm down my own Bb but my mum can. Dunno what's wrong.

Allets - dont feel sad. Tell urself I can handle Bb alone too. If given a choice dont u prefer u handle Bb urself than rely on others? Thou m really tired handling her alone but I m happier. Like I hav always complain, mil like to carry n pat m sing her song. Aft feed n burp le still carry till she sleeps n don't let go.

Freejen - haha just don't think abt shower, make urself lazy. Actually initial days really torturing. But once immune le u will b ok. Keep telling urself don't shower don't touch water is for my own gd in future.

2k - u mention dreamfeed aft 2nd mth, how to go abt doing it. If they asleep n not hungry will drink meh? How much more ml to give? Hope to train her night sleep thru out also. Else really tiring if need to return wk aft ml.

Up for e day..Thanks ladies ..am Feeling better.. Alone at home with bb waiting for my hb to come before my massage at 10 cos indunno my dear MUM wat time will be home..

During confinement time, iPhone n forum are my bestest companions.. To keep me from boredom during pumping n allow me to stay connected.. also e mummies here are so encouraging that I know am never alone handling situationm.. Mummies, u are e best!

Agree with allets,iPhone really my best friend,if not I really don't know how to survive in this one month.

I did a rough calculation on how many hours my bb is awake yesterday. He slept mostly the day time,other than the usual 3hr wake up for milk, he's active from 7pm to 10pm, then 11pm to 12am, then 630am to 730am. 24 hour a day,he sleeps abt 17-18hr,quite accurate. A bit Bo Liao and wanna find out bb's pattern of sleeping. Now I just need to sure the 5 hours of active time is in the day.

Why many of ur babies only wake up for milk after 3 hrs? But mine is every 2 hrs, sometimes even shorter than 2 hrs loh! Only when I super super lucky then once in a blue moon he will sleep 3 hrs then wake up for feed. He is drinking 3 oz every 2 hrs now @ 21 days old. Is this normal? Envy mummies whose babies can sleep longer or through the night. Is it my milk not thick in content enough tat y he gets hungry easily?

dreamysprings - Panadols are safe to consume during breastfeeding... Normal panadol only... Don't take those panadol extra or anarex, cos got extra components like caffeine or another medicine inside..

Pet pet new diapers: so pretty!!!! Cartoon also cute!!! Hee...

And Sinmey, yes I bought M...

Hubby said last nite left 3 packs only... >.<"""

hopefully still got chun when I go stock up on mOnday.. Lol...

The lactation consultant called back. Ask her after bb latch for 15min still need to give ebm? She said dun need. Also double checked that keep giving ebm will overfeed e bb! She asked if I wanna go see her with e CL so that she can tell e CL. But think waste $$ to let LC confront CL. But now day 17, my nipple still will sore so dunno if I latch correctly? But after latch I usually can't pump much fr e side I latch, so bb shld b latching correctly & getting e milk rite?

6 more days & CL will leave! Now I gotta figure out e night & day feeding cum pumping.

Told my CL I checked with hospital nurse, dun need to supplement ebm after feed then she still insist bb not enough! Then I said, if bb not enough I latch again lo! Then she keeps quiet...

Spyria : like your bb, mine also super slpy bb..have been trying to let her latch since yday aftn and she only suck a while then fell asleep..

Tried again just now and she suck twice and fell aslp again..the nurse said it's normal for newborn to keep sleeping, so dun worry.. Plus they have reserve to last for abt 2 days..

Am gonna continue to try to let her latch as and when my bb wants..

Butter8: u just delivered not long right... The engorgement will be with u a few days.. Only cure is hot compress, baby latch and pump more often. Try pumping every 2 hourly. It will take 2-3 days to cure the engorgement. Otherwise ask ml to come if u natural (5days later). But no guarantee the engorgement won't come back.. The initial pain I understand is kindof unbearable.. U should solve the initial engorgement first before u think of not waking up at night to pump alright?

Cos now if u tolerate and dun wake up to pump, u might end up suffering from infection, blocked ducts etc..

So make the breast 'soft' first before u proceed to next stage.

Tres

nolah I pump 5x a day. But at night the sessions are 12mn n 5am...rest of the 3sessions are in the daytime.

I do bottle feeding. Nowadays I latch if only bb is hungry for milk less than 2hrs. Which is only 2-3 times a day

if I pump at 5am n bb wanna latch for milk, still have in my boobs. The very fatty hindmilk lor. A bit can tong her for another hr. At least can drag feeding time mah

wow

finally i can log in abit while clara is zzzz...

been up on the night last nite..till 11pm dun want to sleep... cranky and night terror back somehow but i managed to use the pacifier for the 1st time to make her sleep and rock like a kangaroo...

Annie- Clara also wake up every 3 hrs to drink her milk. Now that my supply getting lower and she was consider born small size, the padetrician advice me to feed her Fm so I have to alternate this round...

Some time she overslept the timing so i have to wake her up to drink[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Allets- Dun be sad. no matter how, still your mum...maybe she is also feeling very stress over taking care of baby? talk to her.. old ppl tend to be very sensitive for no reason somehow[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Annie- Baby tend to get cranky till abt 5-6 months...

is another stage when they start to go for jab and teething.... more cranky...

guess all of us will be pulling our hair when they start this cranky patterns

Angelia, how often n how many small pack of milktea u drink in a day? How long u hav been drinking it? any cons side of drinking it?

Hi Annie,my bb sometimes also wake up after 2 hr or 2 1/2 hr,sometimes in the middle of night wake up after 4 hr,so average 3 hr lor,my bb is abt 3 week old also,ya he's drinking 80-90ml for everyfeed

Lin lee, ask u how come u bring baby to pd? I read a number of posts tat mummies bring baby to pd for checkups etc? When after delivery baby need go see pd? I only bring him to polyclinic for jaudice test as advised after discharged frm kkh. Now day 19 liao. Did I miss out anything ?

Annie

in this case can increase milk intake to stretch frm 2hr to longer lah. Usually this meant the current Amt not enuff to sustain for 3hrs.

Anyone drove during confinement??

Sigh.. Just went to rent a car for tmr's full month party.. Now I feel whole body aching... >.<"""

Sunesis.... CL always like that 1... Always sets bb not full.. Mine too, every 2 hrs feed 90ml.... For a day 11 bb, too much tight, so every time, when I'm awake, I will insist she bring bb o me for latching.... At night, no choice, wanna zzz so let her have her way..... Just than for a while more.......

Btw, we can take the milk maid tea?? Isn't tea too kiang for us during confinement? I'm not sure if I should take that or fenugreek to increase supply leh? No kinda no engorgement... Dun wanna go thru the engorgement days again.......?? Should I?

Hi mummies! Me again speed reading..

saw some comments abt hubbies helping out. Mmm... this time round, I gotta give my hubby credit. Having this bb really make me see another side of him. During preggie, me was super duper scared that he will not be hands-on and be a MCP. But everything turned out OK - he was auto and helpful, my spectacles really dropped floor sia..

Lucky, tien gong bopee.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

fel: me speak too early liao.. my ah lao is now sneaking upstairs to play computer games loh. Haha... ok lah, me got forum to keep sane. Guess he also needs something to unwind... close one eye bah -_-"

Lin, sian Liao loh... Means i have to tahan his cranky for at least 5/6 mths, faint!! By then already back to work, sure no energy...

Pixie, we just up to 3 oz for him already. Dun dare to give him too much wait overfeed him or he split out how? Bo bian just endure n see how.. If up too much my SS cannot catch up, sigh..

Those of u who r going for the gathering on 15 apr can see how Li hai my boy is to eh eh eh...

Yeah, tonight Hubby watching soccer until late night so he says he will help me feed n look after Bb until 4am so that I can sleep! Hooray!!

Yean : I drink 2packet a day.. one in the morning, and another one in the night.... so far i see is nothing wrong lah.. safe to drink... But than really lo... have to be patient bah.. cause the milk will increase bits by bits nah... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] You wanna try drinking ?

Back