(2011/03) Mar 2011

Rach: will drinking milk tea really help? I am in my 3rd weeks, my bm supply is very low abt 20 to 30ml every 3 hrs. I don't feel engorgement too, does it mean my bm is low in supply.

How much u selling the milk tea?

xiaofeizhu: jia you! i'll go find u tmr? =p

Gyne going to induce me =x checking in TMC later at 11pm =.='' can't sleep now >.<

sigh last day before all the 'nightmare' begins.

Valerie : jiayou jiayou !!! You going to induce? Ahlim okayy ar? Lol !! I'm seeing ahlim this friday too... Need to bring Cherelle to check up and go ahlim there check my stitches... ^^ abit scare scare... Cause dont know Cherelle will be good anot... Hopefully, everything is fine... Cause actually, she abit yellowish... =\

Xiaofeizhu : how's everything now?

So irritating I think injust caught a cold or runny nose from some of my sick relatives. Sigh of all times.

Good luck to all those giving birth in next few days [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] seems like a few more will pop before I do. I'm still hanging in for sat haha ha

Congrats to those finishing confinement n fully on way w Bb n next stage , envy u all!!!

Angelia: lol!! When ah lim ask me when u want to induce? Tonight check in or tmr? My eyes was like O.O?! Cherelle will be fine [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] u just monitor first ba ok. Friday if u can manage u drop by see me and xiaofeizhu ya.

Butter8: enjoy baby when it's inside ^_^ I'm starting to miss that feeling already hehe. Tk care of ur flu.

xiaofeizhu and Valerie,

jia you jia you jia you!!!

blueroti,

hahaa.. wah i tot u can pump like very 2 hours... like that very shiok! u got to go back n pump??? like that not too troublesome? ur workplace near your home? so good...

mommies low in milk supply,

maybe you want to try latching once a day... i think it helps a lot.. like last nite i was trying to coax my bb to slp.. is his milk time liao... i just pop my breast into his mouth n let him just suckle.. hahaa... manage to catch a nap b4 i give him somemore FM... cos my BM not enuff... supposed to wake up during the nite to diligently pump to increase supply... hahaa.. but again i konked out!

this morning woke up with right breast engorgement and viola! i pumped out quite a bit more of BM this morning! heee.. dunno if this can last leh...

Alice, same feeling loh.. When hubby goes work felt lonely then evening emo then night time no matter how tiring also try not to wake hubby up coz scare he next day go work no energy. I also got the feeling rather go work than stay at hm... At least go work the whole person is happier.

Pixie, hope by then I can pump so much like u n 2nd even if I cut down to 2 pumps a day!

Ytd I last pumped at 12 midnight then latch my boy one side each twice throughout the night w/o pumping the other side. Then this morning 7am wake up breasts so full so now faster pump to release myself. Then Bb wakes up for milk but too late I am half way pumping, so ask CL to make warm ebm for Bb. She can tell me latch better!! I also know but I dun wanna disrupt my pump ma. Since I already pump half way then give ebm cannot meh? Just want to irritate me...

Later going to bring Bb to kk hospital for follow up. Hope he can recover real soon! He's been coughing badly n having lots of phlegm loh.. Then cough until vomit out milk+phlegm after feed. See Liao also scare n heart pain.. Haiz... Dunno is it the food I eat affect him? But I eating confinement food n only drink red date tea or Milo only leh...

Hi Mummies,

I've got a BRAND NEW Philips AVENT Digital Steam Sterilizer for SALE.

NOW SELLING: $150

Normal Retail Price: $199

Interested, please PM me.

For more information: http://www.philips.com.sg/c/avent-baby-preparing-for-feeding/220-240v-scf276_41/prd/

Advanced technology for 24 hour sterilisation

The Philips AVENT Digital Steam Steriliser works quickly and continuously, keeping contents sterile until you need them, giving you more time to get on with your day.

Ready when you are

• Keeps contents sterile day and night

Keeps you informed

• Advanced digital display and sound alerts

Effective sterilisation

• Extra protection through natural steam sterilisation

Fast

• Contents are sterile and ready to use in approx. 6 min.

Easy to use

• Just add water, load and select the mode

Weight and dimensions

•Dimensions: 320 (H), 235 (W), 235 (L) mm

•Weight: 1.609 kg

What is included

•Tongs: 1 pcs

•Measuring jug: 1 pcs

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5227334.jpg]

加油xiaofeizhu n Valerie.. !

Butter8: hope u feel better soon.. Totally und yr feelings.. Sick when wanna pop feels horrible.. I was sick when I first admitted to hospital for cntractions.. Tot going to give birth, super sian.. Thinking hw to push w stuffy nose.. =S

anw, drink more fluids n rest well ya!

Annie: do u take peanuts or anything tt can trigger cough? If no, it shud b okay.. Maybe he jus needs to clear the phlegm in him.. Do chk w doc wad can b done.. =) hope lil Javier feels all better soon..

I finished pumping at 7.10.. Nw waiting for this Javier korkor to slp back!! I need my beauty slppppp.. Really don dare think aft CL goes..=S I can only nua n slp for another week plus n byebye to all my ZzzzZz.. This lil boy here woke at 6 when I woke to pump, so I quickly made him milk n changed him thinking he'll fall back aslp.. In e end, while I was pumping, I heard him talking in the rm, den he followed my hb outta the rm cos he's going to work n nw, he's beside me.. Looking at my iPhone.. =/ headache...

Anw, brought Jayien to PD n chk his jaundice n 顺便 ask him abt the vomitting part.. He told me Jayien's jaundice is breastmilk jaundice so nth to worry abt.. It'll go off n for the vomitting part, he's having reflux.. So I gotta hold him up for at least 30 mins aft milk or put a pillow underneath mattress n let him lay in a slant position.. But if it doesn't improve, I gotta get Jay a thickener to thicken the milk.. So those whose bbs r having reflux can try out these methods.. =)

Hi Tan,I'm also looking for catering service for full month,but will need to have halal certified, cuz of a few Malay friends. So far I know four season catering is halal,anyone know whether they r good?

Hi lilprecious, my bb does have reflux but not for every feed. He'll also vomit sometimes if i don't burp him properly. But he does give out this wheezing sound quite often every after feed like breathless like tht. What is that?

Jacrudo> I just made my full

Month party booking with chilli padi last nite..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Alice> Kriston is halal..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Alice, four season I tried before for my no 1 1st Bday. Okie lor... This time not going to order halal one cos anyway only my sil family muslim cos she married to Malay so we just order pizza for her family can Liao cos the rest all Chinese no point order halal just because of her. I am wOndering to order neo garden or yls catering?

Lilprecious: not sure if anybody will wants but u planning for #3 right? It will come in useful I think..

I never think so much when I bought the chest freezer la.. Just wanna store as much bm as possible lor..

If I intend to stop bf at 12 months I hope I still hv supply for another 6 months..

Xiaofeizhu and Valerie, all the best!! Finally your turn, soon you'll be cradling your lil one in your arms!

I'm still in the neck long long club. EDD is this sat, but ytd see Gynae she says I might still see her next wed, but can start ML on mon if i wish. Cos bb engaged but not low enough, VE check cannot feel bb head yet. 1cm dilated only. Now I'm very confused if I should start my ML?? Feel quite sian to go work yet dun wanna waste the time I can spend w bb - what if I wait one or two weeks at home before bb decides to come out?? ): really will faint lo....

Btw mommies who are using medela freestyle, can share how do u sterilize the breast shields and medela bottles? Can we put everything in the pigeon steriliser?? I read some mommies' pump parts got distorted so am a lil worried. The manual also wrote just boil in hot water for first sterilization, subsequently just wash with warm soapy water will do. So quite confused now, appreciate your advice thanks! :)

Lilprecious: oh dear... I can't imagine when my Hubby outstation next week.. I wonder how I going to cope with kyler.. Lucky is normally weekends he don't wake up so early.. But then I still hv to cos need to pump mah..

So I think I better treasure my 2weeks... Sleep more..

Actually I think if u send jav to cc things might be easier.. Cos caring for a nb is not easy.. But now abit tough also cos jav might need some time to adjust to cc routine too..

I can't imagine how u handle

audrey,

see whether u wanna take one week to rest at home n to do things which you like... also to prepare for ur bb's arrival... =) i took like 1 week before by EDD... ended up he only came out the following week... I had a gd rest lah... but also very bored waiting at home...

ah? I always throw in the FS parts into the sterilizer n sterilize de leh!!! alamak!!!

Hi mummies....

I've given birth on 15th Mar to my bb girl, Chloe, she is 3.170 kg, with epidural. Been too busy juggling the flurry of events during my hospital stay and too tired... Latch like every 3 hours so tiring.......

Here is the summary of my birth story.....

14th march, water bag broke at 11am.... With no contractions

Stay at home till dinner time and only checked in hospital around 930 pm.. After Rach's advise.....

10pm - nurse checked and say no dilation. Put me on induction drip...

12am - 0.5 cm dilation nia, increase the dosage even more...

1.30am - no change hence increase dosage even more.... After 15 mins, broke out in cold sweat and nausea plus contractions....

2.45am - gynae came over and checked, only 1cm dilation, gynae says I will be in labour for a long time, this time around, nausea is got worse and contractions increase, I tell you... Feeling like dying... Discussed with hb, de died to take epidural...... Luckily doctor was around.. Had the epidural done almost immediately, after epidural done... Felt relief and could sleep till 5am.

6.30am - nurse checked and say I was 6-7cm dilated, it will be a breakfast baby....

8am - gynae checked and say can deliver anytime Liao!!!!

8.36am - my precus Chloe is out after 6 pushes.......

That's all folks.... Now wish my moo moo career will be successful too..... :)

Xiaofeizhu : jiayou worr!!! Waiting for your good news... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Valerie : wahh! Surprisingly lo... Hmm... I tomorrow see whether can go see you anot... Will sms or call you.. No worries.. But once you give birth tell me worr... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lilprecious, jaydien like abit same case as my Javier. He has jaundice n PD wants to do blood test on him again (yes, just 2 days later wanna do again!) but hb rejected coz keep poking him with no help for what?! Then keep asking us to go back check up but they can't give medicine or what, like no help at all! We just keep going back for normal check by PD n pay $60-100 everytime! Kao, I dunno paid how much Liao... Abit frustrated! We told PD we dun wanna come back again Tmr, maybe next week earliest. Really pissed with nothing can be done on his cough, cold, phlegm, vomit n jaundice yet need to keep going back n pay money for nothing!!

But PD says his jaundice level is high but not to the extend to admit hospital for treatment yet. She also said bf Bb will have jaundice longer which is normal. Just feed extra milk n give some water n if he can drink n sleep normally then it's okay. Dunno if i should go back again on Monday. Find it useless at all!

Answering to your qns, no I didn't eat peanut after delivery. I also dunno y he will get cold, cough n phelgm. We already give in to try the Chinese medicine for infant/toddler for cough, phgelm, cold or fever coz my relative told me her son also had the same problem when he was born n she also gave this pao Ying Dan n it helps, so ask me to try it coz going to hospital n western doctor they either wun give any medication or give their western medicine which will make Bb immune system rely on it. Seeing him not getting any better, we really have to try all means. Feel so sad y my Bb so ill n he's only so small n I thought giving him bm is the best n should have nourish him? But y he is sicker than Bb on fm? Really depressed...

Audrey,

You can put everything into the sterilizer, but if you're using the medela soft fit breast shields, it might get softened by the heat & pumping. That happened to me last time. The soft shields got a bit distorted and yellowed due to my heavy pumping & when I used the thongs to take the shields out from the sterilizer (I just opened the sterilizer cover & took out immediately), the thongs made a dent on the shield cos it's still too hot. Anyway, the joint between the hard & soft part of the shields gave me abrasions on my areola, so I bought the old style hard shields (from Mums & Babes) & didn't have any problem after that.

Hi rachel

Good that your baby is latching on well,guess that helps.

My baby latches on now n then so doesn't really help in clearing my blocked ducts. M really envious of mommies like u whose BF ritual seems like a breeze.

Btw mummies

For those of u who r using freestyle pump, do u hv

Problems sterilizing your softfit breastshield?

My breastshields hv gone abit out of shape after less

Than a week. M using pigeon steam steriliser.

Annie, there's probably nothing much more that the PD can do. If you have all the previous bilirubin results, you can go to polyclinic to do blood test & they can monitor. It's much cheaper, but of course may have long queue.

Hi poohbear

Thanks! U just answered my qn on the breastshields!

M going to mums n babes later to get them

Thanks!

Good luck to all mummies who r going to give birth soon!

Alice: mum's kitchen catering is also halah certified. Just ordered the full month menu from them for my son's party last sun. Quite good!

Congrats to the mummies who have given birth and jia you to those waiting to pop!

Annie: I feel u. Cos when kyler goes IFC and he keep fall sick I was depressed too and blame myself for poor quality milk. But no.. It's not true.. Bm is still the best. Babies under 1 yr old is very prone to virus, could be air borne anywhere in fact. There is nobody to blame when bb sick. Bb nasal system is still too small and they can't expel the virus in their nose or mouth. If u find that there is phlegm in his nose, I suggest u using a manual nasal extractor to help him to extract the mucus out..

As for bao Ying Dan, can I ask how much u giving and how many times? Let me tell u something that I learnt, bao Ying Dan/ba bao San ONLY works when give asap to babies when they cough, if u give them after they cough 1/2 weeks, it's doesn't work as effectively. I usually give kyler the very next day when he cough, I finished the whole box. But for babies think dosage abit different.

And dont be depressed about yr bm, it's not miracle milk.. It take time for the effect to be shown.. To be frank, I only see the effectiveness of my bm after kyler turns one year old.. His body resistance is soooo much better.. Even he zzz with us when we flu he also never kana.

So hang on there ok! Trust your bm!

Blueroti: dun hv to go out to buy the parts la.. Bp got a few sellers selling, exstock one.

I just bought my soft fit at $22 with foc postage

Mummies !

I have a question to check with you all..

This few days... I keep on off will feel that i heard bb crying.. But when i go and check on her.. She is soundly asleep... Anyone having this problems? I'm not depress or what.. I always hold on a strong mood and i dont feel really emo... So far, only once.. Bb cry than i tear abit... Cause heartache, and that all... But weird thing is... I will on off thought i hear bb cry but dont have leh... Is there any problems with me? =\

Blueroti> if u are not in a hurry and can wait two weeks, I'm spreeing medela spare parts...

Still waiitn for last few mummies who wanna order.

Some still yet to pay.. But this afternoon I should be ordering liaoz...

Let me know if u want...

Final price with shipping will still be at least 50% cheaper than local retail shops..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Www.mybreastpump.com

All prices stated there..in USD..

Personalfit shields comes in S M L XL...

softfit only one size M...

PM me if u want... Thanks..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Btw, I sterilize my softfit in Pigeon Rapid Steam Sterilizer and it doesn't warp leh...

Last time I used 3 months and steam after every pump..

Still intact.. Just a bit yellow at the part where BM passes thru..

That one Bo bian...

2K> can I tell u something?? Last round of spare parts soft fit is only less than $15 for one pair..

U include postage also $16 nia....

Lol.....

Angelia,

hahaaa.. it's PERFECTLY normal to be hearing bb crying for the first few days... it took me 1 week to shake off that "hearing problem"... the same goes to my mom and hubby... hubby claimed that he heard bb cry when he was driving one day~! hahahaa... my mom said cos we took care of the bb lah... that's why will like that one... hugs.. dun worry ah...

Jaster : oh? But my case is, i will keep on tell my hb that i hear bb cry leh... Than my hb will go help me check on Cherelle and ensure me that she is soundly asleep... =\

Seriously , i thought whats wrong with me lo... Ki siao like that, 有事没事 than i will ask, bb crying ar? =\ lol !

Annie: polyclinic has "priority" queue for newborns so the testing and visit to check jaundice level is quite fast. And also cheaper too as compared to pd. Less than $10. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies,

I also using the softfit breastshields. They do get abit out of shape... So how huh? If don't put in sterilizer then what? Just rinse with warm water?

Annie, hope you feeling better. Bb at young age more sensitive so not your BM fault or any. Their breathing tube is very very narrow. Sometimes hear like Phlegm from throat but it could be from their nose. Bring bb to PD n check okie. For me, I felt bb belOw 1year old better to go PD or hospital as not all GP really can diagnose or handle bb.

Oh! Xiaofeizhu & Valerie, gotta remove you from e list ah hehe. Jia you! Keep us updated k.

Next week shall be my turn to induce. Anyway from 21st. Hai mixed feelings...

2Ks, thanks for your assurance n console. The bao Ying Dan we just started to give last evening. The Chinese medical hall told my mum for infant gives 3 times a day? Later we going to give again. No choice that is the only thing we can seek help from now since PD can't give anything to help. As for his jaundice these few days morning keep raining n no sun, cannot sun bathe him loh.. We don't want to keep sending him for blood test coz feel really heart pain to keep poking his tiny hand/feet. But, yes, if we really need to do again I think I will bring him to polyclinic to do it. We were asked to go back see PD at kk hospital again on Monday. My hb n I thought of not going back anymore coz go back also do nothing n just make us keep going back n pay them. Where got so much money to go back few times a week? Rather take the money go buy his pamper, etc loh...

Angelia, I also like u on the first few days when I just brought back Bb from hospital. I kept hearing Bb cried n thought was my boy then my hb will rush to room to check n then told me I heard wrongly, our boy was sleeping soundly loh! Weird right? But I really keep hearing Bb cries. Haha now ok le, no more mistaken for his cries. Now I can Differentiate his crying sound with my neighbour Bb crying sound.

Jaster, so u waited at home for a full week on ML? my colleague's gynae gave her one week mc to wait at home, too bad mine dun practice this. I don't mind if just one week, I'm just scared if 2 weeks of ML wasted lo!! Cos my Gynae says some mommies overdue by 2 weeks faints!!! Btw you using pigeon or Avent sterilizer? So far your pump parts all still ok?

Pooh bear, how do u find your hard (personalfit issit??) breast shields comfort level, effectiveness, fit etc compared to softfit? Maybe I'll get them as a spare too, seems like they r more hardy to just throw into sterilizer hee.

Rach, strangely u and Blueroti both use pigeon sterilizer and one distort one doesn't. That's why I'm worried la! Btw how do we determine our size for personalfit shields? I haven't tried on my softfit M size yet hehe, so maybe I order next round.

Annie, dun be depressed. Like 2ks mentioned, trust in your BM! U are doing a great job for Javier, jiayou ya!! :)

2ks, forgot to thank u for updating the table! Really takes alot of effort, appreciate u so much!

Tres, congrats on your lil girl girl! Good choice on the name btw, my girl most likely same name cos hb super insistent on Chloe hee!

Rach: if i want to order the medela PersonalFit Breastshields, do I need to purchase the Medela PersonalFit Connectors also? I'm using the freestyle. How long is the waiting period approximately?

Is it true that manual pump are better in pumping out the milk? My ml say my breast is full n got milk but everytime I pump, the milk doesn't seems to come out. I'm in my 2nd week but the pump amount is only 30- 40ml for every 2 hr pump. After pump, I still feel that my breast are full n if I use hand express, milk will still flow out.

Annie : oh? You also got the same problems? Hmmm... So i am fine !! =) heehee... Wahh! You still can Differentiate? I cant leh... Especially cat moan and my bb , i always will mix up... Cause my house downstair always gt cat moan de... Than i will thought is my girl cry or what... =X

Angelia,

yeah lor... same like you lah... i everything little sound made by other things also sound like Jovan crying... hahaa... then i also will keep on going into the room to check on him but there he is always slping soundly leh! hahaa...

Audrey,

Pigeon sterilizer! i'm using the personal fit (hard) one... so far so good.. except got the yellow stain liao lah... but like Rach said that one no choice bah...

and yes! i started my ML one week before... =( my gynae doesn't give me mc also leh... hahaa... ai yah.. nvm lah... but i'm only taking 12wks ML...thereafter will be utilizing the rest on every mon n fri! =P so officially working only for 3 days nia! happy sia...

Audrey,

Yes, the hard breast shields are called personal fit. I find them more comfortable compared to softfit cos the softfit has a joint between the soft & hard parts that kept rubbing against my areola & I had abrasions from it. I found the hard shields as effective & fitting (if not more) because they don't give me pain. They are definitely more hardy & have no problem with sterilizer.

Poohbear, u meant u put in de yellow valve w white membran into sterilizer for sterilize as well? Think de membran will b soften or out of shape after sterilizing right?

Mummies, anyone hav good recommendations for de bb full mth gift box? Anyone ordered from ecreative before?

Back