(2011/03) Mar 2011

Alice

avent parts only can use avent lah, cannot cross switch brands

mummies

those with other pumps should b able to completely drain the breasts. If cannot, many reasons. One being not suitable. I have friend s who change brands throughout the moomoo career to get the best pump suitable

right now me using avent manual x 2 I can strip out everything within 15mins...

I tried my motor pump, avent Isis duo, suction not that strong, need a longer time to empty breasts. Maybe motor old liao coz I was using that for my #1 and had no prob. Haiz....old motor liao, heng I got a new spare motor at home. Haven't tried that motor anyway but generally I like avent pumps....

Hey Rach

just saw your post - have PM you. hope am not too late.

my softfit breastshields are warped leh n doesn't fit snugly now so i juz bot 1 pair fr mums n babes since urgent. but am getting another pair from you. thanks much!

Hi andrea, I'm on my way to tmc now. Baby Lucas has up be admitted due to jaundice 20.1 too. I broke down, even now too. But I try to think more positively. I've been bf exclusively since day one, bf milk is likely the cause. I'm quite upset as I always thought total bf is best for him. We might have to give him fm later.

Is your baby at tmc too?

Mummies, thank you for your support.

2ks, thanks for your encouragement to deal with my pet dog

andrea,

my gal also, was hospitalised n discharged twice within 2wks after delivery discharge. 22+... blood test daily.. c her cry badly n skin peelin from the phototheraphy, heart ache...

also blood incompatibilty n breast feedin issuse...also did liver test n urine test...

hang on... after 2wks, she b out of danger jaundice period le... but it only 6wks, then they get stabilse... i stil countdowin the last 2 wks....

Cynthia, I think got affect bm flow leh. Yest my gal like always hungry after latching on 1 side. Then when I do a full pump at 5am this morning, milk volume drop to 100ml. I have 120ml normally. Veri sad. Then thus morning I try to pump after latch n hope that the flow increases again

Babyhappie. My CL is behave exactly Luke Ur CL when they bottle feed the Bb. I using medela milk bottle though. But she will say Bb drink faster n her hunger was satisfied faster compared to me latching.

mimimo24, Andrea, poky...

jia you together okie!!! bb also adapting to the envrionment out here...so we'll just do our best to take care of them... =) jia you!!!

Tres

congrats!!!

Alohaa

how r u???

Angelia

it's all right de to hear bb cry when your bb is not;i actually will go hear if my gal is breathing or not when she is sleeping so soundly .....hahahah paranoid right; somemore this is my #2 and I'm still so kancheong too so even seasoned mummies also suffering frm same problems

jaster

jia you! Very fast mil ends her leave liao lo... It's all right to feel jealous. I felt a bit when I had my #1 time. We went to pd checkup and afterthat went to hua xia to get Chinese name...took us half a day n my mom carry my son thru out. i not happy but after I got home, I see my mum's aching arms I heartpain my mum also. They have good intentions but they over do it....n they at their generation dunno how to handle fragile emotions well or not aware that it happens to ppl so blisfully ignorant of your feelings.

I hint my mom last time a bit that I dun like her to show off n nag at me when ppl visiting (I hate it when she does that!!) so now she more mindful liao

Must tell ppl how unhappy u r so that they are aware. Not aware cannot blame them for making u jealous. Old generation aunties dunno eq very well

mimimo

ur pd advised fm? after the danger period, can give back bm. bm stil gd for bb, juz that some times hv to give them later.... jiayou

Mimimo24,

Don't get upset k. Maybe you wanna reduce Ginger? For me when I BF I won't take too much Ginger. Maybe I felt it won't reduce their jaundice lo.

hey annie

my baby had very serious jaundice n was discharged today. we asked PD if we need to sun him coz it has been raining these days n he said it's ok, juz give the baby lotsa milk/liquid to ensure he's not dehydrated.

re:breastshields - i only used them for less than a week n they are warped. i need to get new ones coz they dun fit snugly now so i get milk leaking.

re:avent manual - i used that for my 1st baby after trying medela single pump. i bought it coz was going back to work so i wanted a manual which i can get to control the speed. it worked fine except that the membrane or whatever needs to be changed every now and then. when u pumped too fast, it keeps popping out so u have to fix it back before u continue with the pumping.

Looks like I'm not the only one having this issue.

Mimimo24: no, bb is in gleneagles. Thanks mummies for the encouragement. PD says at least must stay 2 nights.

Supplier Reply:

The PersonalFit connectors will fit on the pump bodies included with the pump. You can buy the Freestyle Replacement Parts Kit if you want additional pump bodies (the Freestyle version of a connector) but you do not need to buy additional ones just to switch out breastshields. The SoftFit shield will just pull off the pump body -- all the shields are the cone shaped pieces.

If you are using a different type pump (such as the Advanced Pump In Style) you would need a new pump body, because that pump connector is different to the Freestyle.

====================================================

but i still dun understand...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi all,

i am selling some brandnew Disney Baby Rompers and pyjamas set. at 50% off retail price.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5229606.jpg]

BN Disney Baby romper 6-12mths $6 Retail at $15.90

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5229607.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5229608.jpg]

BN Disney Baby 2pc longsleeve PJs set (stripes) 0-6mths $10 Retail at $19.90

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5229609.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5229610.jpg]

BN Disney Baby 2pc longsleeve PJs set (ladybird) 0-6mths $10 Retail at $19.90

Also selling some Brandnew Combi Socks

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5229611.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5229612.jpg]

BN 9-12cm. selling 2pairs for $6 or 4pairs for $10

All 100% brandnew. Giving away free postage if purchase $10 and above.

pls PM me if interested. thanks.

The PersonalFit connectors are used with different type of pump (eg PIS) & can fit either the PersonalFit or SoftFit shields. As opposed to the Standard Breast Shield with comes with the connector as one piece. (From my previous experience when buying the shields) So I don't think you gals need to buy the connectors.

pixiepixel,

=P yah lah... but i can't bear to break their heart by telling them that i'm jealous also leh... like they will be thinking, "i'm trying to help u here but u still "hiam east hiam west"..."

hahaa.. talking about being paranoid... i also will ask my mama... is the bb breathing? hahaa.. then my mom will say i anyhow say! kekee...

poky,

yes! can't wait till the time! =P

Tres, yes the herb is called Ng kee, my CL had been using that to bathe Bb everyday since day 2 of confinement... We actually noticed Bb jaundice level drop le coz he doesn't look that yellow as compared to the starting days but PD says still high n wanna keep doing blood test to monitor. We find it not necessary. PD says bf bb normally will have a longer jaundice period n yes, must drink more milk/fluid in order to flush out the jaundice.

Can i ask u ladies a question. After we put the EM in milkbag, double seal, do we still need to put in lock & lock container before putting in freezer. Currently i m doing this and use up the 1/2 of my freezer, mom complaint. Me need to stock up before my o/s trip

Annie - My boy goes to polyclinic for blood test to monitor his bilirubin level.. Each time is $11.60, very affordable.

He is 13 day old already, last went yesterday, still on the high side (but on downward trend already), they still want to monitor, will be going back on Saturday for blood and urine test...

For NB, they got priority queue number one, everything CHOP CHOP, cos they also want to minimize exposure to germs at polyclinic... But priority only last for one month... =)

hi mummies, what can i do to increase my bm supply? my baby is 9 days old now but i get only get combined 50ml both sides and i pump every 4 hours.... i m already taking fenugreek.

fel, i also bring my gal to polyclinic for the jaundice check... but the chop chop queue still need to wait >1hr! very sian... i wonder f the waiting time for private pd is faster...

I dunno how true my cl says la... She told me if first 2-3 days give more feeds Of fm babies most likely dun hv jaundice. At hospital due to my flu I didn't latch bb alot and gave fm most of the time and the first day I discharged also gave fm cos I trying to stimulate supply only.

My cl Is so certain that my bb got no jaundice, and I still take lots of Ginger etc.

And true when he go back for check up, the pd didn't even prick him.. He said just sun a few days will do..

But after the 3rd day I had converted to fully ebm, so far he is still alright. Cl said cos he drink and poo cos not dehydrated that's why he nvr kana jaundice..

How true or not I find, she is not 100% wrong... Abit of logic

Pixie : oh! You also kenna the same thing as me.. I at time really thought i siao leh.. Keep hear bb cry laj blah blah.. Actually hor.. I also same as you leh.. Sometime i will go to my girl cot and see whether is she breathing anot... Hahaha!! Seriously i think all mummies will go thru this sia...

=\

Hmm.. Wonder have XiaoFeiZhu give birth liao mah...

Bb rabit: your freezer is it dedicated one level to ebm only? It's not necessary to store in lock lock if u are comfortable..

Last time when I dun hv the chest freezer, my normal freezer top level all dedicated to ebm de.

Hi,

I gave birth to my baby in Jan'11.

I have this Latido baby bath tub which comes with a stand to let go as I don't need it anymore.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5229863.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5229864.jpg]

Bought it with the intention for grandparents to bathe baby standing up but end up I only used the tub to bathe baby myself.

Used the tub for only 1 mth but did not use the stand at all. It also comes with a tube to release water from the tub.

Condition: Almost brand new

Purchased it at S$79, would like to let go at $45.

Interested, please pm me.

omg!

Pixel, bm can last 48 hrs in fridge???

Why I read Medela manual, it says:

refrigerator: 3-8 days @ 4 deg c or lower?

If 48hours that means only 2 days?

Up till now I still have stockup my BM in freezer... hmm..

2K- If i got chance or supply to pump another 5-7 pkt, then think the whole top freezer all my ebm liao. MMMMM, think i will not use the lock n lock. THKS

babybride- I just spoke to the LC at Mt A, she said that since latch and use hand got milk and use machine no milk, likely cos stress and ask me to pump n latch concurrently to try.

Jaundice .. Also dun know why it occurs to some n not to others

My girl 19 days old went bk to check jaundice level .. Had to do blood n urine test . Says it's not liver problem but the reading too high for comfort so ask me to drop the jaundice level by giving 3 days fm n also to confirm it's breast milk jaundice

.. Sianz thinking abt having to give fm

.. Exactly the same as wat happen to #1

So after give fm the level drop then go bk to bm

Aya .. No choice lor .. Wat to do pd say oredi

So I guess my freezer will be full of ebm of 3 days .. Also dun know how to clear later .. Problem create another problem

Sianz

starfruit, the aunty super buay song when leaving =P

she was like: see ahh.. all these are my things, I take ah..

bcoz she had her own cereal in my kitchen and she almost forgot to bring it along with her.

I din gv her any reaction lah, coz like I say, she was ok with taking care of baby. Would have kept her if her pattern lesser.

An hour before she left this happened:

I went to the fridge to check my EBM.

Noticed that the milk bag bought from pixel was not ziplock back after using for first feeding.

Me: Aunty, this bag you must ziplock back you know, otherwise the milk inside cannot use liao..

Aunty: ohh.. aiyo you dun hv enough milk bottle..

Me: Ya I know, I will buy but this kindle milk storage bag is specially for BM de, and after using you MUST ziplock it back.

Then I walked to the bin and threw the bag away and at the same time: now must throw these away liao.

The aunty also never apologise or anything -_-

2Ks, then why Medela manual lidat?

I cannot rem when I pump those BM leh, and hor, can share with me your system?

Like how you record etc, you start storing in Freezer liao?

I usually use Medela bottle to pump then when running out of bottles, I will pour the already cold BM into milk pack.

But when I pour 2 bottles into a milk pack, I dun noe wat date to put leh.

If one is 16/3 the other bottle is 17/3 how?

Thks hor

Rach: my interpretion is no need to buy the connector. I'll pm u my order later. Please wait for mi.

Chocoball: I'm worse den u. I'm in my 13 day but my supply is only 40-50 ml both sides. I pump every 2 hr.

Just had my worse pump. Only 20ml. Boo..

MILKTEA-it gd you change her.. she "toks" too much and tell you her las one got give her feast..a bit siao..she hinting at you to give her feast oso lo..anyway, gd to be rid of her..

Fel, I know go polyclinic is cheap but the problem is not about money, is we don't wanna keep sending our Bb for poking... We think that jaundice will come down by itself as time pass n if u didn't go worsen it by eating anything yellow/orange that will pass to Bb, it should not shoot up if Bb is drinking n pooing normal. Can monitor the yellow skin ourselves. In fact we already notice my boy yellow skin is better than the first few days when we just brought him back from hospital but the PD at kk say have to continue to do blood test until the level is down, like that means have to poke many times la? So we dun want... We dun bear to hurt our Bb tiny little feet if we can avoid..

Milktea, if I'm not wrong we should always date the earliest date, for example 16 and 17 march we date 16 march. Coz there is older milk in it. For me I also date 16 mar then u won't use the milk beyond 16 June (expiry date).

2Ks, my CL said the same thing on the jaundice. she say she'll advice bb to stop having bm for 2-3 days to bring the jaundice down, use fm instead cos some mothers bm may contain stuffs that will increase the bb jaundice. but sometimes will cause constipation in the bb cos of fm. so she say even if giv bb fm don give so thick (use less fm powder) to make the milk for bb.

Annie, norm if bb jaundice level less than 100 then u can choose to go back or not. if not then got to go back everywk for poking... but the thing is tt after the 2nd time poking and bb jaundice is not down below 100 yet then the doc will tell u that he needs to draw more blood from bb (one small tube, but my gal cry like no tomorrow cos the stupid lab tech squeeze her heel so hard lor, see liao also heart pain. i even cried when i see her cry). the extra blood is drawn to check which kinda of jaundice the bb is having and norm the result will be out in a few hrs. i nt sure if private pd will draw extra blood anot cos i think some pd will judge base on experience.

Regarding BM & jaundice...

Raylynn is 100% on my BM since day 1.

Even though she had jaundice at level of 10.7 on day 3 and dropped to 10.0 on day 4 when she discharged, I never stopped latching her..

She only sun bathe for 3days I think.. The rest of the days raining and no sun...

Her jaundice also went down on it's own...

I think it's not so mch of BM or fm but to be well hydrated and pass enough urine.. Then the jaundice will be flushed out...

Maybe this has got something to do with why she never poo first few days but been pooing 4-5times per day for the last few days... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jaime,

wat blood type is ur n bb? incompatible blood resaon v common for O blood mommis it seems....

2ks,

no leh., both my kids kena serious jaundice even though they were on fm during the 1st 3days... guess, if it meant to affect them, will stil come ba....

milktea,

write the earlier date. better to use b4 then after the "expiry" date....

Jaster, andrea, poky, cynthia,

Thank you for the words of encouragement, i've just returned home, feeling better as I know he is in safe hands.

I've learnt something today. I spoke to my ML before heading down to TMC. My ML used to be a nurse at TMC. She shared that BF babies tend to have v high jaundine. Even if he goes for phototherapy and I continue to BF, it will take a long time for his jaundice to go down. The "ideal" way is to feed him with FM.

She was right. When the TMC nurse did the admission for me (i.e. if i want to BF him while he's admitted), she actually wanted to advise me in a nice way to let him take FM. She didn't have to proceed with the psycho-ing, and I told her to feed him with FM as I know it will help. She smiled in relief and said that I did homework. I shall wait patiently for him to come home soon. But of coz I can't deny that my tears will roll when I look at his empty cot [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Poky,

My PD did not advise FM. I will cont to express 3 hrly. My supply is pretty good now, abt 150ml each time. Hopefully he will not reject BM later on...

Cynthia,

I didn't take any ginger since confinement cos read that it will increase jaundine. Thanks for your advice.

Jamie,

My guess is jaundice could be also becos of blood grp and hereditary reason. I'm O+ and Lucas is A+. Learnt from my mum that I had serious jaundice too.

Zenia,

You are right. I think I learnt as a first time mum, for my next one (if I have :p), I will mix a little FM with BM once start notice baby getting yellow.

Sorry for my loooong post...good to let it out.

Milktea: I think cos it's Ang moh brand of fridge.. Our normal fridge I dun think can go down to -4degrees la..

That's applies like room temperature, ppl said bm can put at room temperature 2/4 hours? But room temp refers to 22-24 degrees. And in Singapore I dun think our room temp is so low..

So plus minus abit to suit Singapore. Due to our humid weather I think we can't follow those Ang moh ones.

For me. Milk in lower compartment keep 48 hours. After 48 hours, I packed 200ml in one bag and transfer to my chest freezer. My chest freezer is -20degrees I think.

Rach,

Lucas also on 100% BM since day 1, today day 6. He discharged with a level of 7.0, we were pleasantly surprised cos it was low. It raised to 21.1 on day 6. He has been drinking well, poo colour was ok & frequent since day 1, and he urined a lot. PD commented today that he was well hydrated.

Unfortunately, not much sun these days, so didn't managed to sun him much. I will ask PD tmr if my guess on the blood group is one factor.

Bb rabbit, means we latch and then also pump regularly?

E LC said this wil help ? Mi tot of buying e Manual pump Liao but my mum (aka confinemt lady don't let mi go out) now where buy better price huh?

Now I got another set of problem n troubles Liao. My mum (aka confinemt lady) don't like mi pump n store milk even when my supply so low Liao. She say not fresh. So each time I pump she nag n unhappy. Ask mi drag pump or sometimes she don't sterilized etc. She don't let mi use glass bottles to store ebm n I only got 2 medela bottles n 2 milk bottles avent. Like tat how to pump consistently 3 hrly. Example today I only pump once in morning once in afternoon. I super depressed n scared supply drop when now my supply only 30-40 ml only. But I latch on as often as baby wants.

Babybride: can explain to your mum that u need to build up some supply first? And also keep some reserves in case u sick (touch wood), can't latch or away from bb..then explain when u go back to work u hv to depend on expressed milk Ma.. Etc

hi Andrea, mimimo24

just saw your earlier posts - hang in there! i also did some research and found that different blood groups may be a cause too.

Mimimo24 - coincidentally, my blood group is also O+ and my baby is A+ just like you. i also read that it may be due to BM so i asked my PD if we should just give baby FM but she said no, mixture will be good. his jaundice level went down after being fed FM the 1st day. y'day i asked the nurse to give him EBM coz i want to see if it makes a difference - they did that except for 1 feed wh they gave FM coz the nurse on duty didn't realise. n his jaundice level went down further today. so i guess making sure baby drinks lotsa milk/fluid helps.

Hi 2ks

just saw your earlier post too - thanks for the tip! but i really had to get new breastshields by today so went down to moms n babes.

Hi blueroti,

Thanks for the reassurance and sharing your experience. Hmm, seems like for mum and baby with diff blood group, it might be a good idea to mix FM and BM. Let me find out tmr and share if FM does indeed brings down his jaundice level.

Btw, thanks mummies for sharing your thoughts on jaundice, appreciate it lots [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back