(2011/03) Mar 2011

Jaster : ya lo ya lo... Same lo... And and i also keep having dreams... I am a person seldom got dream de... Now i everynight sure got dream... Whatever dream... Funny dream, weird dream, scary dream... But not wet dream lah... Hahaha!! Now alittle sounds nia, i also will go check on my girl too... Hahaha!

Annie.....since you seeing chinese sinseh for bb illness.. I heard from my boss, to fight jaundice the 'chinese' way is to buy some yellow herbs, mix w half a can of stout and bathe the baby.MHD used this method for his kids and grandkids. The jaundice go away. You wanna ask our mum to ask the medical hall first? If not , i call my boss to ask for the exact herb, k??

My CL sick again n this the 2nd time she sick in a week. Agent ask her to leave n she leaving tonight. I left w 3 more days confinement only [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I lagi better.... tore one Medela softfit breast shield within 2 weeks. Sibei fragile, or maybe me rough with it? *shrugs* It started off with a "seem-like" finger nail mark, then with the pumping pressure, it suddenly break open into a big tear. The pumping pressure suddenly drop, cos it "lou4 feng1". Lucky Rach got spare, and provide me with a pair.

-_-"

Annie, my boy got a bit jaundice n my CL also use d yellow ginger to bath him, n also put some on his bed as well. N also sun him every morning.

Jacrudo> my full month is next Sunday leh.. Less than 10days nia....

Chilli padi not bad... Got glutinous rice and ANG ku and eggs given.. Though I'm not sure issit given in the right portion.. As in 1 egg per pax kind?? Lol...

Audrey> MAYBE me shields more hardy since purchased 2 yrs ago?? Hahaha I dunno leh... But heard so many ppl's shield tear.

I think soft fit more comfortable though...

Soft ma.. Personalfit is hard plastic... Doesn't follow the shape of ur breast...

But at least personalfit comes in various sizes...

Me also looking for full mth gift packs too. Also, think our bb is going for the 2nd round of dunno-wat injection, tio bo? Ladies, wat are your lobangs for the injections? Go pd, poly or GP? Heard that govt subsidies for injections, but have to poke bb one-by-one, instead of the 5 or 6 in one, izzit true?

Baby happie> copied from website..

One pair of Soft Fit Breastshield for Medela Freestyle Breastpump -- soft silicone breastshield with massaging action, size medium only (24mm).

The Medela SoftFit Breastshields are supplied with the breast pump. Currently Medela only makes the SoftFit breastshields in the medium (24mm) size. However, the PersonalFit breastshields, which will also fit the pump, and are available in five sizes - small, 21mm; medium, 24mm; large, 27mm; extra large, 30mm, and XXL 36mm.

More information on the Medela SoftFit Breastshields

One pair of Soft Fit Breastshields

$9.95 per pair

Quantity:

One pair Personal Fit Breastshields for Medela Freestyle Breastpump

Sizes Small (21mm), Medium (24mm), Large (27mm), Extra Large (30mm), and XX Large (36mm) Use these shields in conjunction with the PersonalFit Connectors (purchased separately).

More information on the Medela PersonalFit Breastshields

One pair of Personal Fit Breastshields

$9.95 per pair

Size

Quantity:

I also blur... Ive emailed supplier...

Will let u know once she replies..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Babyhappie, same same. Manually squeezed more milk flow output. I also tot of buying a manual pump since I using pis adv but thk 2ks said pis adv shld b good pump? So mayb I try few more days.. Last chance caz heartache leh spent so much $.

Btw, mummies, I tried to latch on as much as possible whole day hence only pump periodically. Prob is, my mum (Aka my confinemt lady) thk fridge milk not fresh so don't wan mi keep long. I put e milk in chill dept in fridge but not exclusively delicated to bm only lah.. Then wat shld I do? I tot using e ebm when my supply not enuff for baby demand leh. How to convinced her?

In chill dept can only last 48 hrs right?

Angelia,

hahaa.. and i tot i was the only kuku one!!! hehee... hugs hugs.. jia you wor...

ladies... let me rant a bit here! =P

now i know why some ppl dun like their mother lah.. mil to help do their confinement... these r the following difficulties... (especially when both are under the same roof!)

1)Communication. My mom is chi speaking... my MIL is eng speaking... thank goodness they are both teochew... but when they want to relay message, i become the messenger!? darn! i have to climb up n down to tell this to my mom... or tell that to my MIL... tell my FIL this.. tell my dad that... harlow!? i know i'm keen in losing weight but why can't you all just ask each other... not as though u all dun have common language leh!!!

2) I become the confinement lady. I make myself drinks. I clean the floor. I got to check whether the milk is warm. AND I DON'T GET TO SPEND TIME WITH MY PRECIOUS SON! and all you do is "orr orr orr", "come, let me take over" or rock him to sleep when it's already their milking time!???!!!??? then later come telling me... he can do this... he's doing that... blah blah.. then when things go wrong come look for me again...

and YES! I'm JEALOUS... cos he's my son! can understand it's both side's first grandson... but harlow? please spare a tot for me...

during pregnancy, there will be this song that i'll sing to my son in the morning... my MIL heard it and started singing to him! i'm sorry that i got offended but this is the only special bond that i have with my kid... you still want to take that away?

last nite i tried to take over my mom cos she only slept at 5am in the morning when Jovan was cooing and crying during the nite before... then when i see him so restless in my room.. i felt so heart pain.. cos he's not used to be in my room and be with me anymore... though he only recognise my neh neh... when i pop over 10mins later in my mom's room after he's brought over... he's fast aslp! sob sob...

why!? =( i dun blame it on the hormones any more... I AM JEALOUS!!! I WANT MY SON BACK!!!!!

Actually I have the same an as babyhappie... Is manual pump more effective in draining the milk? Heard that avent Isis is very good... Thinking of getting that from the taka sale.... Any mommies tried manual and electric pump to compare??

Mummies, if anyone wanna try the hard personal fit shield instead of the softfit shield, please let me know by today..

I'll change ur orders accordingly but I have to order by tonite definitely... Thanks..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thanks ladies! enjoying my last few hrs of baby-less life =x

Angelia: hehe okok [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] u have a good rest ya, it's normal to be very sensitive to the new born ba esp ur first baby.

Tres: congrats!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xiaofeizhu: i got ur num le ^_^ jia you ya.

Jeraldin> avent manual is very good.. Dunno what model..

So far all who used it praised it...

Avent ISIS I heard also not bad... What pump u using now??

I've a fren who cant work with medela but can get output from ISIS.. so depends on individual.

But most ppl are doing well with medela generally la..

AirMez,

It's true that polyclinics have subsidised vacccination, but have to poke bb one-by-one cos the combined 5/6 in 1 vaccines are not subsidised.

Rach, I'm using PIS cos my #1 was born >2 yrs ago & Freestyle not out yet.

I chose medela over avent cos my sis-in-law tried both & told me that avent got many parts so more things to wash.

Hi arch,I'm using Avent manual pump,so far so good. I was thinking of buying extra shield and storage bottles also. Medela ones can fit??

Alice> mybreastpump has avent parts also..

Check the website n pm me okie..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I got 1 more qns. Can we eat 八针black chicken?? My CL cook yest then I realize my pumping output drop leh!! Can we eat dang GUI?? Though I totally dislike my CL but my hubby want to give her chance. Haiz

Shirley,

how much milk does ur bb take now ah? n like how many hours interval? mine like no drinking much leh... dunno he's drinking enuff or not... or he's not feeling good that's why drink so little...

think dang gui should be fine lah... i've been drinking it since dunno when liao leh... milk supply never increase nor decrease due to that bah... hahaa...

Rach.. Am using ameda currently... But I bought it like 3 years back when I have my #1... Everytime after pump till nothing comes out.. I use hand can still have those shoot out kind of milk...

I am thinking of going taka fair this weekend to buy a avent manual pump plus get something nice for ek's full month party....think manual pump is more mobile bah and cheaper

My official confinement ending next Thursday... Friday on will be lone ranger with 2 kids... Luckily my elder one is in full day cc else think I will go nuts...

Jaster, my Bb gal drink abt 50-60ml per feed and the intervals is 2-3 hrs. Nowadays she drink 1 side then sleep Liao then sometimes she will cry for milk at 1 HR interval. Depending on her mood I think. She can drink till she fall asleep then put her down she awake n start looking ard, kicking n playing by herself lo. See pple she will cry n see if u will carry her.

Think Ur Bb should b drinking enuff la big Nt sure cry for milk. Sometimes I test my gal my carry her near my breast n if she open mouth wide wide tat means she wan to eat lo. If Nt she just want to treat my nipple as pacificer

Pooh bear: I also have the same problem with the softfit. That joint always rub against my areola. It's so painful. When u change to the personalfit, u use back the same size (24mm)?

Rach: thanks for helping to ask the supplier. I hope I will make it in time for the batch tonight.

Babybride: freestyle is also a good pump. But I think each individual is different. Some pump better on manual some on electric. But my main priority is to solve my pumping problem cos I feel it is affecting my supply. I'll try out the hard breastshield first. If it still wun solve my prob maybe I'll consider getting a manual pump.

Jaster: Relax.. Dun get worked up. For mi, it is my cl who keep stealing my baby from mi. I feel really depressed n broke down a few times. I feel that she can't handle the baby well cos he is always cranky whenever she's with him. This week I feel more energetic so I'll try to 'break' them off saying I wanna learn to take care of baby so next time I can handle him alone.

Hi mommies,

I have a question on sterilization. For freestyle after sterilize do u air dry? The manual says must be dry before assembling but if air dry then seems like sterilized become not sterilized already...

Rach: ya I dun mind.. If need to pick up all that leh cheh also..

My Hubby lagi funny he suggested going to medela hq to buy..

Mummies on waiting list.

============================

1) Angelina

2) Spyria

3) Cynthia

4) Valerie - admitting tonite

5) Lx3

6) Butter8

7) starfruit12

8) Leon

9) xiaofeizhu83 - admitted

10) Freesiajen

11) Cindy

12) spongehat

13) Prestorabb

15) vivienpg

16) fatbonbon

MILKTEA- did the old Cl give a face when she left?

Shirley,

hahaa... i bottle feed my boi... i've been tracking.. sometimes he'll take about 120ml sometimes only 60ml!? just hope that he's taking in the nutrients lah...

babyhappie,

you know what my mommy said, 慢慢来!then i was like huh? slowly? then if i bring back to in laws place i sure die lah.. cos u're not around leh!!!

jaster : hugs... oh my, must be very difficult to be in ur position. why dont u insist to them that u want to take care of the baby instead of doing house chores like mopping the floor or making drinks. understand the 1st grandson syndrom lah. but u have to tell them that u want to spend time with ur baby also. hang in there okay, hugsssss

alohaa : how r u now ??

valerie , xiaofeizhu : jia you !!! wah cant believe 1 by 1 is really popping only left few mummies

i just went to see my gynae. so far no contractions, baby is gaining well, n although next week is my edd but gynae not really keen to induce him. unless i really want to. cause my baby's weight considered okay already.

now m confused shall i induce next week or still wait for my water bag to burst naturally ? i really want to experience the water bag burst leh, i even tell my hubby i'll wait as long as possible just to experience 1

so i told hb that i only want to induce on 1st april

looks like i will be the last mummy to pop for this march thread :p

by the time u all finish ur confinement period, i havent even started it yet. n 15 april gathering confirm will be my confinement period

ai yo... just now my MIL changed ah boi's diaper... change till he screamed n cried so loudly!!! think the water was a bit cold for him and oh mine she hang him so high up!!! already 45 degrees slanting liao, supported by his neck!??? faint... my heart so pain to see him scream like that...

Angelina,

you know what is the best part? ask me dun carry this.. dun walk too much... rest more... all bull shit lah! they only want to take care of grandson... who bothers to take care of me? i very soft hearted.. i can't insist.. moreover my MIL took leave especially to take care of his grand child leh... I cannot be in the room always rite? let her spend all the time she wants with her grandchild lor...

I feel bad that i'm ranting here about my mom and MIL... or my daddy and FIL... but i can't help it.. i need a space to vent my fustrations... my hubby scolded me yday said i very noti... nowadays keep complaining abt his mom! i was like huh!? fine! i'm so not going to share things with him already...

tell us don't carry baby too much... you all carry him and rock him to sleep... then who suffer? ME!!! if i get a chance to take care! if not after 3 mths will be my mom who suffer! FAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then if he's really going to slp, for goodness sake, dun talk to him lah!!! like that he'll be laggi even more awake rite??????????? or NO? i dunno.. at least that's what i think lah...

i'm going to be CL role again... it's time for milk... so it's mommy's job to warm up the milk but i dun get to feed him! sob sob...

Hi mummies,

I'm from Dec thread.

I still hv sample pkt of anmum materna, similac mum, friso mum, enfamama. In total abt 14 pkts.. Gotta self collect cos to bulky to send by post. Anyone interested, pm me?

jaster : hmm very weird de. they dont understand that u also want to be with ur child meh ?ur a working mom right, so means that ur leave is precious to spend as much time as u can with ur boy. how come end up u dont get to take care n bond with him?

can just ask them to give u break n spend some quality time with ur boy, maybe when ur hb is around also. so 3 of u can have some time together

Jaster, I think I'm very similar to u. My cl treat my son like her own grandson. Everytime see mi alone with him she will carry him away. Very heartbroken lo.

Just now I watch her feed him. I usually dun sit there watch. Today den I realize the way she feed is like not very correct leh. Firstly, she use the medela storage bottle to feed him directly. I ask y she dun use his milk bottle. She say this is more convinent no need to wash one more bottle. But the medela teats n the pigeon teats is different. The medela flow is so much faster. I see jayden almost choke on the milk. N guess wat she say? 'See he drinks so fast using this bottle. He likes this bottle better' I hear le almost want to faint. Den she nv burp him halfway thru the feed. Wah.. I see jayden drink until so struggle. No wonder he sometimes will vomit la.

For sleeping, she always like to stand by his cot n watch him sleep. The moment he moved or make any sound, she will start talking to him. Lidat how he slp rite.

Babyhappie,

If I remember correctly, I use the same size (24mm) for personal fit.

Pinkypop,

After sterilising, I leave the parts to air dry, but try not to touch the inner surfaces. No problem with my #1. If there's still water & the water gets into the tubes, the tubes may become mouldy. That's what happened & I changed the tubes.

Jaster: why don't u latch baby? Then only u can feed baby. Each feed 40 mins. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] then ur mum or mil can do they night feeds?

Shirley Chu,

FYI, adding Dang GUI will reduce BM. I have gfs done e testing & feedback once they took soup with dang gui inside, their flow dropped. So perhaps proven??

Shirley Chu,

FYI, adding Dang GUI will reduce BM. I have gfs done e testing & feedback once they took soup with dang gui inside, their flow dropped. So perhaps proven??

Hi Mummies,

Congratulations to all of you who has popped and surviving confinement! I'm from Apr thread. I've a sister who is delivering in July looking for a confinement lady. Can anyone kind enough to recommend if you think yours is good? She's looking for one that is pro breastfeeding and know alot on herbs and traditional confinement techniques. Appreciate any advice and recommendation. Thanks

Hi mummies, feeling kinda down cause etna got readmitted to hospital for serious jaundice. Went up to 21 and need to stay in NICU for 4 lights phototherapy. PD said due to my breast milk, too much anti-bodies and our blood type is not compatible... Just brought her home 2 days and now in hospital again... Damn sad...

Angelina,

to be fair, my mom did ask me to spend time with my son.. that is if my hubby is back from camp/work... that is only after one time when she asked why my hubby wanted to carry the baby when he came back home the other nite from his reservist! my hubby was so angry with his MIL lor... then i told my mom saying, because bb is his son leh!

well, as for my MIL, she'll be back to work next week... so i ren for the time being... then i'll "kidnap" my son back to my room in the afternoon liao... hopefully by then he's able to slp well in his own cot~ but was secretly hoping that she can end her leave earlier~! anyway, she has been a great help also lah... at least my mom not so busy, having to cook for me n take care of the bb...

sigh... see i very bad hor... i know they are just trying their best to lessen my burden but yet i'm here ranting away... =(

babyhappie,

CL is outsider! dun be too ke qi to her okie? have your rest but when you want to spend time with ur precious, just go n spend time with him! tell the CL u'll need to learn how to take care ya... (when i told my mom once that, i cried! ai yo...)

my mom same as your CL lor!!! i almost fainted during the first week seeing how she feed bb... u know the pigeon wide neck bottle the teats can fit the pigeon storage bottle? she also warm up the full bottle of BM in my storage bottle and just fix with the milk bottle teat! i was like so heart pain... cos that time my milk supply darn low.. and to get that bottle full took me so long lor... so wasted... did the hospital give you any one time use teats to fit onto the glass milk bottles one? my mom can use that teat directly on the medela pump bottle when she can't find a suitable teat (which i've already kept it cos dun wan her to use mah..)hahaa.. she cute lah... say can fix... milk never drip can use lah...

but i'm very thankful for my mom and MIL..if not for them, i'll be insane by now... being a first time mom dunno many many things... also got to depend on them...

Ling (Printz n Such),

ehhh... i feel by latching i can't gauge how much my boi is feeding... plus i dun wan him to wake up every now and then to ask for milk... like quite distruptive to his slp like that leh...

but i'm glad to have found such a strong support group here! who's willing to read my rants! and pai seh... so long winded ah... =) feeling much balanced up after saying all out! tonite i'll try to get my son back in my room!!! if possible... haaa...

pumping time!!!

Andrea,

hugs hugs... dun worry.. ur bb will be fine yah... so does that mean u can't feed ur bb BM?

Back