(2011/03) Mar 2011

Jaime: I only hardworking for the first 2 months to build up my supply then I pump for 25mins..

After milk stabilize, I will slowly reduce the time..

Dun wanna reduce too much now cos I think my boy intake should increase soon.. He is milk monster..

blueroti,

every 2 hours even when you go back to work? like that how to work? ur boss supportive of you bp-ing in office?

2Ks,

hahaa.. how much is your boi drinking now?

BBrabbit, so using manual pump can get more milk out than electric pump? I now use pis to stimulate then use hand manually squeeze. Machiam like squeezing cow milk.. Tiring on hands man..

E rest of mummies, do u all hav to manually squeeze to get e milk? I use pump get little milk but if squeeze can get much more

Babybride: there must be a problem somewhere.. U already given birth 1week plus right? Output can't be so little..

I m using pis advanced too.. It's a good pump dont worry..

Mini electric so lousy I also managed to use lor..

Alohaa,

How come you suddenly got fever and given antibotics? Take care.

Cynthia,

I am exactly like you leh. I also cannot lift up my legs well. But especially bad for right leg, go up car also have problem. When sleeping at night, I dun dare to turn coz' my groin area will have very sharp pain. Does that happens to you? Though I don't get cramps frequently but I have regular contraction for like 1-2 hours then subside. So baby haven't pop I already panda eyes.

Pixeipixel,

How did u manage to build these much supply in such short period. A lot leh... Envy...

Annie> because u have over worked ur breasts.. So ur breast is producIng a lot now...

That's why I say... Drag ur pumping times... Like 4hrly then slowly 5hrly..delay by 15min each day... Ur supply will slowly reduce a bit to what u need... Then u can sleep thruout... Rem BF is all abt demand and supply... If u dun empty ur breast.. It's signaling ur breast I dun need so much in 3 hrs... Produce lesser....

Like each time I latch. I only latch one side.. Be it day or nite... So my breasts is producing like 100ml in 5-6hours each... Just nice for RL consumprion and I dun need to pump!!

And that makes me lazy to pump also cuz I know dun pump also won't engorge...

BF is all abt controlling ur breasts and telling it how much to produce...

Ur latching/pumping routine would set ur breasts to produce the right amounts u need...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

As RL grows and needs more milk... She will tend to suck longer... Until no milk she still suck cuz she's still hungry... I won't know and I dun need to know when got milk or no milk...

Because her suckling will stimulate my breasts and inadvertly tell my brain... How much to produce in future...so RL will decide how much milk will come out of my breasts for her.. Cuz she "works" for her milk by suckling...

I think... Maybe some mummies too concerned over HOW MUCH ur baby drinks and then worry not enough... No need wOrry... Just latched and pump if ur supply really low... Once ur brains and breasts get the idea.. Will produce what u need... Just some faster and some slower than others...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jiayou!!!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

2ks, ya I gav birth last tue. Initially blocked so when ml came clear n when she pressed alot of milk but somehow when I pump don't hav alot leh. Called up kkh lactation they say muz use hand squeeze to get milk out n pump to stimulate e breasts. So I tried n true enuff manually squeeze got more milk flow out thanuding pump.. I was thkg, gosh to manually squeeze out (eg 100ml) if i can get that amt of milk? My hands gone liao loh..

Btw I reached home and CL told me baby missed me...

She usually sleeps and drink only... Today ne'er sleep well.. Every few min she wake up... And in 2 hrs she fed her thrice.. Totally 170ml!!!! She just cry n cry... When I came back she was sleeping.. But she cry after a while and when I carried her, she was sobbing... OMG!!!

heartbreaking.... 16days old baby.... Hur hur...

I forgot to tell her I'm going out... I only told RY and left.. Sigh... Next time must rem...

Babybride,

I agree with 2Ks PIS Advance is a good pump. Are you new to the pump? Have u tried listening to soothing music, close your eyes and think about your baby when you pump. Dun try to do other things when you pump. I know some pple is a bit put off by the sound of the pump hence affecting the output.

Alohaa,

praying that your fever will go down now and that you'll be having a natural birth.. i know how u're feeling... hang on there!!! jiayou!!

Hi jaster,

Thx alot. But kelly fully booked. Any mummies changed their mind not to do the photoshoot? Let me know ah. Juz trying my luck. Thx

Freesiajen, ya this my 1st child so didn't use pump before. I borrow frm frien the motor n buy e parts. I was thkg of buying e pump once milk supply stabilize. But hor if like tat stil goto manually hand squeezed hor I super sian liao..

I pump then read post frm thread at same time to forget abt e miserable output. So can't b distracted by e pump sound leh

Hi rach,after seeing your post,can see you r an experience mum,really learn a lot from u. But I have problem latching the baby,so fully feed him on expressed milk.I'm able to pump 120ml from both breast every 4 hourly,but my bb (1 week plus) only drinks 80ml each feed. So if I drag my pumping time,the supply will slowly meet my boy's demand?will the supply decrease for long term??

Another question,I know tht we can store our expressed milk,but my mum in law always ask me to feed bb the fresh ones,say stored one no good. Then I find it vey wasteful to throw. Mummies,pls advise.

Rach- thks for the advice on latching

babybride- High 5, think we are the same. Before i got my avent manual pump, i used my hand to express, machiam like cow

alice> hihi... haha.. thanks.. glad that i'm useful... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yes if u drag.. ur supply will drop to meet ur demands.. and then when u need to increase.. u pump more regularly again... alternatively, u can do 4 hourly day time.. and 5 hourly nite time...

ur body will slowly adapt and know that nite time no need so much... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

but day time still have enough de....

i tried before la... but maybe 2K/Pixie pumping experts can correct me if i'm wrong.. :p

personally i dun like stored ones too long.. so i will keep maybe 1 week.. then throw liaoz.. hahaha...

anyway i only keep 2-3 bottles in fridge... i dun keep much.. cuz i know i end up wont use also.. like last time.. i throw away 5litres... cuz keep until my mum's fridge full then i throw and start to pump and store again..end up waste time, effort, sleep, water and electricity.. i decide to just continute latching..

but of coz... working mummies need to pump...

but i would think pumping enough for 2 days supply is good enough.. just enough to feed,,and ur supply will maintain or increase once its stabilised... wont have drastic change...

EXCEPT.. when ur menses return... then u will have lower supply during menses... and then it'll come back after ur menses is gone...

WHY?? i dunno.. but i heard my thread for #1 last time say... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bb> yah.. Avent Manual is the best MANUAL pumps ard... heard it 1000 times... so for manual.. Avent wont go wrong... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For electric... either Medela or Ameda... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pixel

hw did the photoshoot go?

my boy also not co-operative, Kelly had to come back agn a second time to do the shoot cos he's either awake or poo/pee.. etc.. sigh. 2nd round he refuse to slp.. then gotta take pic of him awake.. bo bianz.. sigh~

Thank u for all your well wishes! =D now latching my bb in hospital. So far only has colostrum. =)

Alohaa, if it's b4 12noon, ya confirm it's me! I know she has 2 deliveries that day! Lol. So Dr Han lor. She super kan chiong. But I thank her for that lah. If not for her kanchiongness, I will delay labour as late as possible. I might even end up c-sect coz of my GD & bb is 3.4kg already! let me know if u r here, Alohaa! I'll b discharged tomo be4 12noon I think!

This is my birth story (account from hubby's pov):

1230am admitted to Raffles Hospital.

100am inserted gel.

130am inserted pill to start induction. Wife felt mild contractions.

650am dr han break water bag.

700am on drip.

720am contractions hits 100

735am wife drank hot milo.

805am changed lying position. Did deep breathing exercises with wife.

905am pee-ed. Been constantly doing deep breathing techniques with wife.

910am dr han checked 3cm dilated. Advised either pethidine jab, epidural or still insist on natural. Wife is determined to go natural despite in pain.

1055am 5cm dilated. Contractions more than 120. Intervals nearer & more frequent. Wife used all ways of distractions eg FB, forum, TV, ipod & words of encouragement videos from her ex-students, best friend & family members that I've prepared for her.

1120am dr han check. bladder very full. Gynae told wife must use entonox (laffing gas). Insert tube to drain bladder. 7cm dilated.

1125am dr han in action. Around 10 sets of pushing.

1145am Gareth's birth. I cut umbilical cord. Pleasant surprise that baby's weight is 3.42kg.

1200pm latch on baby.

rach, noted yours. Will try to drag to 4 hrs pump. Actually in fact I am pumping every 4 hrs now coz always nap pass the pumping time.. haha... recently very easily tired, dunno y.. luckily milk already kick in then i tired.. if not dunno how..

rach, RL so cute leh.. will miss you... so sweet loh..

I dunno why now I am feeling very depress mood again.. hate that emo feeling... eat until half way got the feeling.. then miss hubby n wondering why he haven't reach home from work.. I very scare I kena depression coz temper easily affected.. how huh? I think I cannot do confinement one coz I always go out then once being caged up, I feel very moody n lonely n lost.. very scary feeling... n i dunno how to describe.. morning I will be ok.. the emo feeling always attack me in the evening n sometimes late afternoon.

then I so dislike it when I latch my boy, CL will stand there n observe to make sure my boy is sucking to confirm he is drinking milk! Coz whenever just after I pump not long n if bb cries for milk, I will ask her to give me the bb and when she passes the bb to me, she will ask "still got enough anot?" Very irritating to hear this comment! Make me very pek chek! Then I will reply her "yes, I have!" Then when I start to feed she will stand at one side to observe bb's mouth movement until awhile then she leaves. If bb stop for awhile to catch for breath (in between suckle) she will go make the bb cheek to hurry bb to suckle. She thinks bb is not drinking! Faint!!!

Freesiajen

I got ample supply so now trying to regulate lah....

I'm trying to move to 6hrly by end if march liao...

I drink lots of fluids, n drink papaya fish soup my mom boils for me. Other than that nothing much I did to boost supply

alohaa

hope ur fever goes down asap!!!

Jaster: my boy drinks about 70ml every 2 hours.. Plus at times I latch..

Now I also hv a few packs of 200ml ebm in the freezer..

Rach: u sahm Ma so u can feed anytime.. For us ftwm, we need to collect our milk and standby when we go back to work..

Or if we going for short break without baby, we need to standby few days of fbm for them too mah..

For me I wanna stock up my ebm, if I stop bf in one year, but I hope my supply can last for another few months..

Otherwise I won't buy the chest freezer le.

When I get back to work, I definitely don't hv the time to latch, time will be sooo precious especially now with a toddler, things are different

Alice

bm can store in fridge no worries only thing is some ppl dun like to store too long. Personal preference really. It won't be "not fresh". Still a fresh lah

night pump can drag longer, u shld be getting the same output per hr. I even have different sessions for weekdays n weekends last time for my #1. Ur body adapt to your signals one

summer mummy

my gal poo twice n pee twice, ruined 4of their sheets haha. Kelly kena the missile poo from my gal...her hands all kena.

It was frm 11-2pm, she kept petting my gal to sleep coz she open eyes bigbig even though very full

ok lah all in all Kelly said took ard 80-90 shots which is a norm for each baby

2ks, I also think like you leh. If I wanna stop bf, and my freezer has ample of ebm supply, at least my boy can continue to drink my ebm for a few months more. Meaning I can stop bf early but bb still have supply to drink.

One qns to ask experienced working mummy like 2Ks, if for example I now every 3-4 hrs have to pump, when I go back to work I want to pump only 1-2 times at office (1 b4 lunch, 1 in the afternoon), how do I adjust my pumping style from now to then? If I adjust to pump 2 times a day n latch in morning and night, will my supply decrease?? I wanna bf my bb as long as possible (at least 1 yr) but I scare my supply cannot fulfill this if I go back to work. Please advise.

Rach, I bought the milk maid tea from you I dare not drink now coz supply alot liao, scare drink le will become worse.. Then my hb's client also passed me some organic tea to increase milk supply n i still have a bottle of fenugreek supplement. How huh? All these will go to waste? Or maybe I should take these in 2-3 months time when I pump lesser and see a decrease of milk supply??

Pixie: I also think it's ok to store/freeze ebm.. Bm still bm.. It's still the best for baby..

Your freezer enough space bor..

BBrabit, you going for the gathering on 15 April? I not how I send to you? coz I cannot go out now. Btw, can sell u one box coz I feel like tasting it leh.. haha... I take 1 box sell u one box?

I also agree tht Avent manual pump is the best,I can pump 120ml in abt 20 min,so i don't think I need to change to electric pump yet right??

Pixiepixel - May I ask how much is the chest freezer?how is it like?I was thinking to buy a mini fridge just to keep my ebm also.

Annie- I have the same emo feeling as u especially towards the night time cuz have to handle everything on my own when bb dont sleep after feed. Dont want to disturb my hubby and in law. Miss my hubby when he goes work and miss our dating time. Think I rather work than staying at home for confinement. Sigh

Annie: when u about to go back to work the last 3 days, u follow the timing that u need to pump in office will do. By then your supply should stable and still can pump 200ml per pump. And by then bb feeding also stabilize they won't drink so frequent, prob 4-5 times a day so if u pump 4x per day, it's sufficient.

I remember when I get back to work, I pump twice in office. But eventually reduce to once only. Cos more than enough.

Then I pump twice at home. But that time my supply was good, I still can pump 300-320ml per pump so it's more than enough to cover his daily intake

Annie- me mite not go for the gathering, let u know again. "cos me working frm home now. If not, i can ask my Dh to go collect frm yr place, if u dun mind.

Feeling emo, me feel v emo every day, day or nite, just feel so tired, wif work n bb. Can have mental breakdown type. My DH think v easy to look after bb.

Freesiajen,

Same here. Sleep don't even dare to turn. Gynae mention isnormal as bb could b pressing against some areas. E contraction not regular right? After 1-2hrs gone but will come back again. The most last 5mins but last 30secs? I been having it past few nights. Can't sleep well!! That y since hit 38weeks+ I rather induce. Since weight & everything ok. You can raise this issue ton your gynae. Your #1 or? This my 3rd. So I don't think will Tahan till 40weeks based on my history heehee

BBrabit, 1 box you also don't mind ask your dh to come my place collect? If you don't mind then it's okay with me. Just let me know when and what time your dh wanna come. I can sms you my address.

Mummies who are going for the gathering on 15 April, go buy pupsik pouch sling from rach if you are interested.. I ordering one, hope to get it b4 the gathering so that I can sling bb to the gathering, more convenient. You all can consider this if you haven't buy any carrier/sling yet. Carrier I think bb still can't use coz they still can't hold their head up yet right?

Milkmaid tea:

i still have plenty! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

let me know if anyone wants!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Halo jaster

Sorry i meant pumping every 2 hrs at nite when

I m home after work. In the office, i would try to do every 3 or 4 hrs

Depending on workload. Then rushed home to pump. N yes super stressful sometimes coz

When i was pumping in the pantry, my boss' secretary would knock

On the door saying my boss wanted to see me so i would hv to

Quickly pack up n continue later.

Rach - u r so lucky u dun get engorgement n still hv ample supply.

Even tho m 2nd time mom, m still having same problems.

Blueroti> this time better prepared... Last time I had engorgement ONCE n I almost wanna kill myself...

So hard n painful n no milk come out..

End up I latch my baby the whole day n hand express to relieve... That time surviving with a stupid Pigeon silent electric breast pump... Wanna kill myself...

This time in hospital 3rd day very hard liaoz... Thank God my girl is sumo.. Latch n latch.. So by the time home continue latch some more... 7th day ML come n wala... All gone... 5 days of massage & it's all cleared n smooth...

So no engorgement Lo.. I nv overstimulate it ma... In hospital already only latch one breast each feed.. So it's slow & steady increase..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Alohaa: hope yr fever subsides soon.. will keep u in prayers.. jia you!!

2Ks: i see, if sell off anybody wans anot huh? hahaa.. hmmm, i haf same thinking as u, if one day i stop breastfeeding, the supply in freezer can still last Jayien a few more mths.. it was the same for Javier, but cos i din forsee my avent pump wld fail me n my supply decrease.. i donated out abt 65 pkts.. so the remaining was enuf to last Jav another 2 mths, so i tot it'll b good if i can keep longer this time n gif Jay bm for longer period of time..

Annie: ehhh, i tink im used to it leh.. hahaha, or maybe im too tired out.. i jus conked out aft 12am pump n cannot wake up till Jav wakes me up w his cries at 5/6/7am or when hb goes to work at 6 plus.. den i'll make milk for Jav, change him n den come out n pump b4 going back to slp awhile more.. tis is happening cos nw gt CL handling Jayien.. once she returns, i don think i will ever b able to slp thru the night anymore till Jay is older..

hazel: not really leh, if i feel the pressure, normally its full bladder.. mmm, cld it be infection of wound or sth, maybe u shud observe n chk w yr gynae if needed..

BBrabbit: talk to someone u r close to or can talk here w us.. sometimes we jus need a listening ear n vent out our frustrations or tiredness.. guys sometimes nt sensitive enuf..

jia you ya!

Lilprecious: sunay n my hubby came just as u left just now! ur hub n Jav really photocopy of each other!!! Thx fr dropping by dear!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sigh... I think I'm developing sensitive nipples Liao.. Gonna b sore soon. Yest n today my dear princess is cluster feeding butbthen she nicely gives me 4hr breaks at night [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hope tonight also she behaves!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummies yet to pop: jiayou!!!

pinky: ehh! missed them! haha.. yaya, photocopied out of each other.. wahaha, even characters same.. =.= no prob! was in the way mahh.. hurhur, anw, yr princess is realy pretty!

Mummies on waiting list.

============================

1) Angelina

2) Spyria

3) Cynthia

4) Valerie

5) Lx3

6) Butter8--soon

7) starfruit12

8) Leon

9) xiaofeizhu83

10) Freesiajen

11) Cindy

12) spongehat

13) Prestorabb

15) vivienpg

16) fatbonbon

Zzzzz... today supposed to send Rach my order for Medela spare parts but kept dozing off.

New CL came liao, so far so gd. Finally I get to drink my first soup since discharge. I think the agency handled my case very well leh, coz I felt alittle weird weird when the previous CL was asked to open her bag for Hubby to check.

In the end Hubby asked the agency to do it.

Rach, in the end I cant use the mama spray, anyone can take over mine? Then I would like to try the milkmaid tea.

Not urgent thou, I will take together with my VS/ Medela spare. Intend to drink only after my confinement.

Annie, 15 Apr got gathering? Wher? By then my confinement is over le, I wana join too!

2Ks, ya end of two month I got to return to work le. so am pumping hard hopefully can increase my supply so that I cn cope slightly better by then.

EBM at least I can manage the timing better.

pixel, see ur milk pack photo v... drool.. lolx.

ya, hws the photoshoot?

kelly v patience with baby rite?

summer's mommy, when's ur nxt appt for photoshoot?

Mine's this fri, so looking fwd to it =)

AlohAa, oh no! Hope u've recovered by now. Take care & jiayou! Keep us updated k!!

Mummies, my breasts r engorged on 2nd day after delivery!!! So tired n bz clearing using pump & latch. Somehow, flow is slow n can't meet my son's demand n hence, I turned to pump...so many nurses massaged my breasts but a few hrs later, they r engorged again?! So painful when they massaged my lumpy breasts! Gosh...breastfeeding is nt ez but let's jiayou together!

Milktea

yup she very patient n kept patting my girl to go to sleep. N we ruined 4sheets of her blankets too, n projectile poo onto her hands...

Alice

2ks has the chest freezer, not me!!

2ks

still have space. Once confinement finish will have more space I think. I have 3lvels in the freezer level, per level can put 3baskets of the milkbags

Annie

I started to drag to 6hrly 2weeks before maternity leave ends. So frm eg 4hrly I increase 15mins once in a while and push to 6hrly

IMHO, 4am, 10am, 4pm, 10pm best timeslots for my schedule. You can take 5am, 11am, 5pm, 11pm slots too. The rest clash one de

my output per session also like 2ks ard 200-300ml, each day I have to pump 1.2ltrs of bm I think

Alohaa - hope ur fever has gone down...

Now in TMC for the waiting game... 2cm dilated when checked 30mins ago... Gynae inserted some more induction med and now strapped on to ctg... Nurse say cannot move for 1hr... Contraction coming on and off... Stronger then those felt this afternoon... Wish me luck!!

Back