(2011/03) Mar 2011

Allets: think by 4th month should be easier to use the Braun thermometer..

Normally doctors won't give medication to infants la.... Prob will give u illadin to drop at the nose...

I bought it at guardian to standby too.. That one can only use 5 days then stop

Pinkypink: how much sunay drinking for bm? Fresh or frozen? Kyler drank both leh.. Happy la cos at least I know the febm won't waste...

I also dun like the breast shields.. Like Madonna leh

Summer mommy- thanks .. Will ask her to stop using vicks .. Later bringing my ger go pd.now she drinks milk so diff cos how to drink n breathe at e same time..

Mummies

My baby officially never poo poo for 110hrs liao... That is 5.5 days sia... Getting worried...

Someone over here said her baby used to poo once a week...

Sigh... When will my baby poo?

He broke his own record... The previous longest was 72 hrs... Now more than 110hrs liao..

But he keeps farting and the fart is smelly lei...

Fel if so long not good

Bb can be having constipation

Last time my boy aso for 8 days & in the end my sil mother who was a nursing nurse in kk came n use a bit of nappy cream to lubricate the anus hole...

The hard stool came out with some difficulties of course, then follow by soft one

If u worry, can let him drink some water but I know u on tbf so some time is not comfortable to give water when total bf,

That y this is the onli way

fei, my niece used to poo once a week n my bro in law said it's v normal n his friend's bb didnt poo for 1 mth. They changed the fm brand n after tt her poo more regular.

audrey, yah me too. When after latching and my son still cry for milk, i will straight away give ebm. Previously, I also hand squeeze to see if there's still milk and i tried to relatch him. He will relatch but will soon cry with nipple in his mouth...so poor thing..must b milk dripping too slowly...

yesterday 30min after latching him, i pumped n there was 80ml... i was thinking if only my baby latched longer to drain all the milk...then i can save myself the trouble of giving ebm n pumping....haiz...

pinkypink, pooh bear, for the brest friend pillow, do you use it to support your arms while carrying bb or the pillow supports your bb directly? I somehow still cannot get comfortable w the pillow...if i set too high, i've difficulty latching. If i set too low, i can latch easier since more space to adjust but i will be bent over!

pinky pink, Yah, the breast shields w holes will drench u if you bend over to carry bb, which was wat happened yesterday! but i found them useful to prevent clothing from rubbing against the nipples. How do u know the duct is blocked? Is it a lump?

Lin - wow, lubricate anus with nappy cream... I think maybe my baby will scream... haha...

Sigh... Hope he will faster poo poo...

Lin - You bringing Clara to tuina today right, help me ask the physician whether tuina will help bb to poo poo?

If will i can consider bringing him there lor..

fel, my #1 used to poo once a week when he's on BM. PD said it's normal cos BM is very well absorbed & has very little residue. As long as the stools are soft, no need to worry. But if on FM & stools are hard, then it's constipation.

SN, I use the pillow to support the legs & buttock of my bb after I latch on. I still use hands to hold the head.

I feel like a walking zombie... I'm dwn w flu virus too.. N looking aft 2 monsters w flu virus.. Ytd night my #1 cried n cried thru e night.. N vomitted at 3am!!! Wetting all e mattress n I had to wash n all n #2 cried fr milk.. Din slp till 4 plus.. N arnd 5 plus #1 cried again n 6am #2 cried fr milk.. I cldnt keep my eyes open n fell aslp till 7am n jumped up to pump.. N when I return to my rm.. My #1 had dirrehea n wet MY bed n was crying like mad n cough n cough... Nw... I got so much to wash n dry. Gd luck to me again tonight all alone...... Want to cry man...

Pinky: my gynae gave me tt when I discharged.. For Jav time he gave me too, didnt ask. Hehe..

re: bb clinic in the west (is this the one that won mommy mention?)

The Baby & Child Clinic

644 Bukit Batok Central, 650644

6783 1955 ‎

it's facing the main road one... nearest bus stop got bus 189 & 187(if i didnt remember wrongly!)

Angelina,

dun mention it lah!!! =P ai yo... anyway, my boi when cord drops also bleeds for a few days... even when i applied the powder for him... just keep it dry and air it... for diapers, just fold it down to prevent it from touching the area...

babybride,

jia you!!! hang on in there... least ur lumps will be much easier to remove or it already has been pumped out lor.. =P

my bb has got growth spurt these few days... my bm can't keep up with him liao n he's already on full FM... that's cos i never latch nor pump regularly lah... hand squeezing really tired sia!!!

Lilprecious- Jia you!!! It sounded very xiong n tiring for u.. How abt asking ur mum over to help? At least u can rest abit n hopefully recover fast .. Kids not well are cranky kids.. So we just have to bite e bullet n hang on.. Let us know if there's ways in which we could help.. Jia you !!

SN, ya lo think we are in the same situation. I also see my girl cry with my nipple in her mouth, cry until no sound sometimes even... like so pitiful tsk. Wow aft latch u still got 80ml per breast or both breasts? Think cos our flow slow then bb impatient, else if flow is fast they can drain our breasts and no need to pump lo. Let's persevere, believe that day will come soon for us! :)

Pixie, saw u selling your nuk teats. What's the difference between standard neck and wide neck - which is better?

Allets/jester - yes that's e add for e bt batok pd. Yes, facing main road n got bus 187. Not sure what other bus. I went yday, no need fix appt n waiting time not too long. Abt 2 q in front of us.

Lilprecious - jiayou!! N take care!!

Pixie - steady leh. Keep seeing u go out. Guess that's e diff btw 1st time mum n 2nd time? I prefer stay at home so I can be in control... Lol. Must learn from u. More daring.

Oops, realized my name is missing! Posted yday that I shd b able to join e west side meetup

West gathering

Clementi mall tuesday 19th?

Time?? Lunch??

1. Pixiepixel

2. Jaster

3. Angelina

4. Allets

5. Shirley

6. Annie

7. Won_mummy

Iilprecious .. Omg .. Really very long nite .. My boy woke up midnite .. Crying again coz phlegm all stuck .. After vomit the phlegm feel better

I tot it's was badfor me .. Urs sound many times worst

I slept at 11 pm after my son willing to sleep .. Midnite wake up to latch , then 1230 my son wake up crying .. Only settle at 130 . Lucky I stil have my mum coz she pat him bk to sleep. Then 330 latch again .. Then6 plus

My girl does 3 hourly now at nite .. So it's better for me .. So I sleep like 2 hours wake up , then another 3 hours

In morning 6 plus after latch .. She like to do the grunting sound coz maybe morning got bowel movement .. But her eyes close etc but I can't sleep Liao .. Til 7 early need to get my son ready for school

Today manage to express a feed big enuf for #1 so I let him try my ebm .. He finish it but he was half dream feeding coz not fullin awake .. So I also dun know if he knows wat he drinkin.. Tonight I try with my ebm again

After If can .. I will try febm .. Febm n ebm can mix right ??

Those with bravado nursing tanks .. Do u find tt the nipple does show a bit ah coz nipple very prominent after so much breast feeding

But think no one wear another bra on top of nursing tank right

Nuk bottles

Actually while I was introducing bottle to RY, she refused Pigeon and Nuk.. I used to be firm believer of nuk and tot it's the most closest to mummy nipple.. Though I honestly dunno how so... Cuz my nipples definitely not that shape.. Lol....

But RY rejected too, until a fren recommend TT... I tried and RY takes... So I've been converted to a TT believer...

Agree the bottle is damn fat... But I rarely or almost never have to warm the bottle in any insulated flask so that's not a problem for me... Hehe...

Fel,

Tuina works leh. Bb Shay used to poo every alternate day. But every time back from tuna sure gt poo poo one.

Go try lar...

Vicks also have bb one. I like it coz the lavender smell very nice....

Lil

Aiyoo.... Can imagine lor. Takes sometime for jav to build up the immune system to fight the virus in cc. My girl was sick every 2 wks when she 1st went to cc... Hang on there... Jav will be stronger soon....

Lilprecious

Jia you ok? You are one of the strongest mum that I've came across. I'm really miles away from you. Baby woke up at 12, 3, 6am, my hubby and I were really worn out cos no cl and hubby returning to work today. I'm on my own now, teared a bit when hubby said bye to me. Learning from you, I've to be strong!

Sinmey - think i will take my bb there on fri if he still haven poo by then...

still hoping he can poo naturally...

Fel, my bb finally pooed yesterday on the 7th day!!! I'm also at a loss how to help him to poo regularly. Though my PD at sgh and sbcc says it's normal for bf babies to have such poo patterns, i'm still worried that he's having constipation. Doesn't help that my ILs are saying it's my diet and that I'm not eating the right food that's why my bb cannot poo regularly! Arghhh...!! Does ridwind cause constipation?

Also, my bb had stuffy nose and cough and was prescribed zyrtec (for nasal congestion) and mucosolvan (for phlegm). Seems to help improve his condition. Will stop the medication very sooon. We dun want to take medication for too long ESP since he's so young.

Lilprecious,

Hang in there and stay strong and positive! It's really tough when the lil ones are sick plus u are alone handling them. U are doing a great job!!! Hope today is a better day and your darlings feel better!!!

2ks : im using mamypoko, but seems like the front part still covering the belly button. maybe i was putting it way too high up. will lower it down now

chen : yes we can go playgym together

lailai : thanks thanks. hope will dry up very soon

zenia : thanks for the info. whats the brand for the binder? will ask hb ti buy it at kiddyplace

lilprecious : owwwww sounds horrible. ur mom cant help u for a while? to catch some sleep during day time. r u bringing Jav to tuina later? sounds scary, vomit diarrhea n cough all at the same time. get well soon for all of u

jaster : really hope the powder can really help

btw regarding Jordan's belly button. it still bleeding, n got some fresh blood when i cleaned it this morning. n after i clear his blood i saw like got some pus inside. so i called my pd, but they said its normal leh. just keep it dry, etc etc like what u all told me. its been 5 days leh, is there any max waiting time to see the pd? the receptionist sounds like not worried at all. am i too worried about this issue?

SN: I just latch Bb on n then leave her on the pillow w one hand just behind her to ensure she dun roll off

Breast shields only mk it more pain fr me thanks to blocked duct. Red, hard n swollen in that spot.. Cry n massage n cry somemore lor..

KTeo n 2ks: my output is ok, enough fr my girl, ard 1.2l per day or more but my boy also takes my milk!!

I gave him my oldest febm n told him

It will taste fishy.. Now he asks me for fish milk all day!!

Usually my boy also dun like milk.. Only takes pura or Meiji n pediasure at night (mixed w meiji to shield the taste) so I'm hesitant to tell him no more mummy milk. Sigh

But he can drink like 1l n I scared all my stocks run out.. So thinking if increasing ss by taking domperidone

I pump after boobs empty fr 5 min but my supply machiam stuck leh!

Angelina - Are you gg to Rach house this friday?

If yes, i can pass you the cloth to cover baby's belly button...

The brand is called Max - Kool....

It's quite useless actually... I bought two of them... only use like two times, then the umbilical cord fell off on day 5...

Plus the cloth is rEALLY LONG..., the velcro length is too short, that thing only fit baby with REALLY huge tummy...

Plus that thing keep moving here and there.. doesn't really protect the umbilical cord...

I rather you go buy sterile gauze from pharmacy and place it above your nappy to keep the area dry...

Pinkjji, Chen, Angelina: r u guys members of Royce? Cuz otherwise it can b expensive.. I'm a member so Bk issues fr me. Polliwogs is gd too but I find peekaboo boring. There's gogo bambino too but hard to access cuz at Dempsey unless cab or drive.

mummies using lansinoh milkbags, can i ask u how to write on the milkbags? i tried using pen and pencil but the ink like cant get on the bags. i need to write the time and date leh.

------------------------------------------------------------

A Singapore Motherhood Portal for the Singapore Parents: Year 2011 Mums: (2011/03) Mar 2011

------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by rach (rayrachel) on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 1:56 pm:

Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 12:06 pm:

Audrey, pinkjji.. theres a gathering in the East coming.. at Evelyn's

hse..(Bedok)..

anyone else staying in the East n wanna join us? =)) pls add in yr

name!

Date:27th April,Wednesday

Time:1pm

Lunch??

1.) Jes/Jayien/Javier

2.) Cae/Cayli

3.) Angelia/Cherelle

4.) jinni/lex

5.) Rach/RY/RL

6.) Marie (M) / Jordan

Audrey, 80ml both breasts... Haha i havent reached the professional moo moo stage yet. Also v tiring to latch baby n then pump also. It's like whole day just do nothing except feeding. So sometimes i also drag my pumping from 2 to 3 or 4hrs. Max output so far only 160ml both breasts.

lilprecious,

hope your kids n you get better soon.

jaime,

I just put breastpads into the bravado nursing tank. should help to cover nipples ya hehehe

My nite was not so horrible but still tiring.. bb didn't sleep 1-3am but lucky didnt fuss just big eyes. had trouble latching at 3, 5 and 7 am.. he just drink a bit n fuss drink a bit more then sleep. I can feel my breasts not empty... but he refused to take anymore. now he is sleep well in the bouncer, but I'm too 'busy' paying bills etc to catch up on my sleep.. sigh. panda panda..my boobs feeling a bit full but lazy to pump saving for his next feed hahahaha.

L3x

I've yet to start using my lansiloh milk bags, but using first few years now. I use marker to write , not sure if thats ok? I used same type of Zebra marker since no. 1 haha

pinkypink

think my royce membership has expired but I can still go, hope my boy has not out grown it. what about fidgits? also a bit out of the way.

West side gathering.

I'm TBC cuz my confinement is till 21 April I think. tho we may let our CL go early coming weekend. so see how... I need to be confident about taking no.2 out [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

butter8,

same lor. confinement till 21st april. so cant go out yet. also haven been really successful in trying out pupsik with my gal.

mummies who brought their babies for 1st mth jab. can do it earlier like 1-2 days before 1 mth or must do later? cos 22nd is end of my confinement but also a public hol, so duno clinic got open anot. was tinking of bringin baby for jab on 20th.

pink, angelina, pinky, butter and jaime, if we're interested in play gym, shall we set it some time next week for #1? which play gym is good, Polliwogs, peek-ka-boo, fidgets? Or any?

audrey, if yr gal is taking TT well, then no need to waste money for another NUK. But gotta keep alternating latch and bottle. Unless the TT bottle is really disturbing. haha. For NUK, I'm also not sure wat diff is there other than the wide neck, i bought wide neck cos it's easier to pour my ebm in. My mum 'lao hua yan' so that might be easier for her too.

ST,

Friso... he seems to be taking it quite... but duno wan to change to others or not... they say similac quite heaty n may cause constipation..

wkend latching has caused my boi keep wanting to latch on me... but i'm not willing to leh... cos scared later he got weird weird slping patterns then my mom will have hard time taking care of him when i'm back to work...

me back from the 6-1 jab today

clara wailed onli 1 time when the needle inserted into her buttock

checked w pade

6-1 or 5-1 will still have fever

the next 24 hour - bb will tend to be a bit sleepy n may pass feeding time due to the injection

paid n took fever medicine to standby: $470

spyria,

if we gp for 6 in 1 jab, do we still have to go for the 1 mth hep b vaccine? i very confused cos health booklet said must go for 1 mth jab but the 6 in 1 jab includes the 2nd dose of hep b rite?

jaster

how abt enfalac?

clara is on bm n fm

i have a lot of enfalac milk from hospital...i guess abt 8 boxes!

but i didn use them cos is more for convenient to use for travellin[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

if u wan to switch to enfalac, i can give you 1 box before u decide to buy a tin[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

L3x

6-1 no nid to go for 1 mth hep b

is in a seq of 2mth, 4mth, 6 mth.

meaning looking at the health book,

you jumpo from 1-3 month = 1 jab of 6-1

Rach

i wont be able to go to your hse gathering as there is chance of clara having fever after the jab

so i better be considerate la

Do enjoy yourself ladies

Help.. My bb seems to be having diarrhea. He's pooing water. Although there are some solid stools but most are water. Its yellow colour. Any advise mummies?

Back