(2011/03) Mar 2011

Hi mummies

Sorry for gate crashing. But I have a really great deal to offer.

I have a Medela Swing (Singapore set) bgt last year. Currently still under warranty till Nov 2011. Used less than 5 times as I plan to use this whn I m outside. Bt in the end I didn't really use it cos my supply wasn't really fantastic. Letting go full set with original packaging at just $210. As gd as new, can't even tell it has bn used b4. To make the deal even more attractive and worthwhile for MTB, I will b throwing in a brand new pk of Huggies NB diapers at my own expense.

Grab it b4 its gone! PM mi for the unbeatable offer.

Audrey, i meant tt my baby last time latched on one side, he can KO one hr then wake up for the other side. Now, he is normally awake to latch both sides but after that still cannot KO...need ebm...haiz. Yah, my bb can latch 30-40min per side but nowadays he only latch 15-20min. Maybe bigger now so he focus more on drinking haha.

pooh bear, u place cushion underneath nursing pillow? sometimes i put cushion then it's too high. without cushion then need to raise my leg to support....

Sophie the Giraffe

I bought it during RY time...

Waste money cuz shes not even interested in it, let alone bite it... I literally force into her mouth n she spit it out Lo....

So... Not a very necessary toy to me...

A few mummies also got it n wasted...

But I know of mummies whose babies love it n bite until the giraffe becomes botak.....

So not all babies will like la....

Btw, RY dun mouth her toys... All my toys at home Nv went into her mouth... ( phew)...

Jaime: oh dear... She addicted to your breast already!

U should do a mixture in the initial stage...

Like latch in the daytime and bottle at night...

Think u can try nuk heard it works mostly..

Rach.. I thought bigger better than smaller but well it way tool big... The cinch is really very comfortable le... Can wear day and night kind... So much Better than my girdle ... Regret not getting it earlier! If during confinement i got the cinch think my tummy will be so much flatter...

Rach ... Where u sell those wrong size clothes?? Smh forum oso??? I'm lousy at reselling loots I bought wrongly... Teach me le...

Pixel... My boy will puke quite a bit le...em so it's normally for the puke out to be sticky ah? But last time like dun have le... I still thinking issit I drink too much cold drinks....

Jeraldin, pixie

Mine too, he will regurgitate the milk after feed, both ebm and fm, sometimes sticky. Found this website: http://www.drpaul.com/newborn/regurgitation.html

Bought baby to PD last Thur. PD suggested 3 days of full FM to flush out his jaundice. Did that, and went back to PD today as he was still yellow. PD decided to take a blood test for hep and liver testing. Got the results at late afternoon, all clear...baby has breastmilk jaundice that will take another 2-4 weeks to clear.

Jaime, good for you! Can't wait for my boy to clear his BM jaundice too. He still looks yellow @ 4th week.

mimimo, sama sama. BM jaundice is very irritating. Let's hope they can clear soon.

Jeraldine-

I posted my message just now also as my girl got phelgm like tat n is very loud sound but when sleeping- no sound

I intend to bring her to yu guo as recommend by some mummies here;) google n realized that alot of mummies commented good also

Will try and bring her this thrus liao

pixie : im okay with any days next week. hb overseas mah, so better to spend time with u all. if stay at home going crazy lah

mimio and lailai : hope ur baby's jaundice can clear soon

jaster : i applied the powder already after i bathed Jordan. hope no more blood soon. thanks once again

Hi Mummies, I am new to this forum. Needed help and advise on how to increase bm supply. I've been doing exclusive pumping for 3rd week now (first 3 weeks I tried latching but PD says weight gain insufficient so I pump to feed instead). Currently can only pump 50 to 70ml, but my girl needs 110ml now. Also been taking Fenugreek from GNC but ss didn't increase much...

So my girl on 50% bm, 50% fm.... taking raw Fenugreek seed more effective??? Where to buy and how to consume huh???

Also been super stress since I am also home alone with bb while hb's out working in the day. =(

Jeraldin: I dun think your diet cause the phlegm la.. Not likely.. Sometimes when my bb regurgitate milk also sticky like phlegm..

Lilprecious: oh dear hope your two boys get well soon.. Must be tough on u

Angelina: mamy poko newborn size the top part has a cutting that avoid the belly button area..

How about u try cutting a gap on the top part of the diaper u using to avoid the belly button?

Jamie

Gathering at my place - my place is nt exactly near interchange but jus need to take a feeder bus.. Abt 4 stops away. Rite next to red swastika. U Noe where?

Kteo, how much weight gain ur bb has at week 3 tat e pd say insufficient?

Mummies, I back frm lactation consultin today.. Waaa I can die there.. E momentshe touch my breasts I wan to scream n tats after poppin one panadol n one mefanic painkiller prescribed for c sec wound pain relief.. E pain is unbearable!!

East Side Gathering at Summer Mommy's house...

Date: 27th April,Wednesday

Time: 1pm

Lunch: ???

1.) Jes/Jayien/Javier

2.) Cae/Cayli

3.) Angelia/Cherelle

4.) jinni/lex

5.) Rach/RY/RL/helper

6.) spyria/olivia

7.) Felina / Eden

Bbbride,

Can't imagine the pain....

Rach,

I love Sophie the giraffe leh. My girl love it lor. Her Sophie is naked now. She bite till no more spot... Haha. RY so nice nvr put toy in her mouth.

I'm thinking to buy 2 more for my frens bb....

Mummies- my ger seems to be down with flu.. Keeps on sneezing.. Look at her suffering I see Liao also heart pain.. She like wan to sleep but sleep awhile will cry cos think nose block.. Should i brig her go normal doc will donor will it be advisable to bring her to pd? My mum just applied vicks on her xhest n hopefully csn help her breathe better.. Also, how to determine if bb got fever? I dun have e normal put under tongue/armpit thermometer now .. Only got Braun.. My Sis said use lip touch bb head for fever most accurate .. I tried, no fever lah.. but guess tmr better buy 1 normal thermometer standby.. By which month than we can use e Braun thermometer on bb ar?

Babybride: Only 300g, half of whar she should be gaining. So I decide to give her the right quantity to have better weight gain. But seems like its my ss not enough wor, so if my ss don't increase then difficult to continue try latching (neh...still need to use a nipple shield). Now more imptly is to have good supply, I don't mind pumping out lor.

Angelina, pinky, yes, me interested to bring my gal to play gym. We can go together.

Audrey, NUK teats are good for mummies who bf. My #1 latched all the way and rejected bottle when I switched. I tried few bottles until NUK saved us. Haha.

babybride, ya, the massage is painful. The lactation told me, everyone said it's even more painful than labour. I agree!

Angelina, thanks dear. =)

Make sure your diaper don't cover the cord. You need to air it and keep it dry. Covering it will make it moist and hence, it takes a longer time to recover. Hope there's no more blood soon!

Angelina, there's a kinda binder for bb which u can find in kiddy palace, it helps to reduce the friction between the diaper n the belly button area... my bb used it for abt 2wks... maybe u can tryto use it too...

2ks.... My boy also drinks my bm.. N So I wanna up my supply.. Thinking of taking domperidone.

Anyone tried taking domperidone fr incrwasing bm before??

SN: I love Brest friend!!! makes latching so easy! But I can still latch without it too.. Cuz I keep it in my girls room then if I happen to latch her elsewhere I must make do without lor cuz I lazy to walk n get it lol

Breast shields: HATE IT!!!!!! used it only once at night (without reading up) n fell asleep... Next morning 1 major blocked duct!!! Pump fr 3 days n massage until tears fall!! Plus the holes to ventilate ended up drenching me in the milk tt collected in the shields!! Mayb if dun wear at night it's ok but I found it rather useless. Waste money.. Anyone wanes a pair???

Erm..my gynae gave me domperidone without even asking me..I only found out when I was discharged...not sure if it is because of domperidone that cause me to have so much supply but I only took it during my 2 days in the hospital. When I found out one of my prescribed medicine was domperidone at home, I stopped immediately as I was suffering from very, very bad engorgement since day 2.

Pooh Bear, me already pumping about at least 6 -7 times but quite irregular since can only pump when bb sleeps and cooperate. I don't mind trying domperidone, but required prescription from gynae? Same qn as pinkypink, where to get?

pinkypink: my ss did increase, but I'm not sure if it's due to domperidone or diligent pumping. Not sure if you can buy over counter (can go pharmacy to ask). I got mine prescribed.

Pinkypink: How much is your ss now and what amount is your bb consuming (how many wks young now)? I thinking of trying but not sure if I should talk to my gynae first.

I will definitely be more excited to bf if I can do 100% ebm for my girl, except for night feeds. Now only 50% ebm and 50% FM, very sian.

Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 2:42 pm:       

15 April Fri Gathering

Venue: Rach place @ Yishun - pls pm me for address

Time: 1-4pm

mummies coming, how many eating at my place?

Some mummies have indicated to exclude their food...

So I dunno how many am I supposed to order leh??

PIZZA + KFC

1. Rach & helper

2. Sinmey

3. Evelyn

4. Jeslyn

5. SHirley

6. Felina

7. Annie

Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 7:03 pm:       

West gathering

Clementi mall tuesday 19th?

Time?? Lunch??

1. Pixiepixel

2. Jaster

3. Angelina

4. Allets

5. Shirley

6. Annie

Mummies- for bb flu, go normal clinci sufficient or go pd better?

Any recommended pd around west area? Rem won_mommy mentioned bukit batok got 1, anyone can share e address?

KTeo, don't be disheartened even if you have to supplement with FM. I used to supplement 1 FM feed a day for #1 too. Any amount of BM is better than none at all.

Allets: my boy also suffers from blocked nose. When I bring him to gp, doc say it's common among infant as their nose is small, so will block more frequently. He gave mi a nose drop. He mentioned that bb still too small so not much medi available. Subsequently I brought my bb to pd. The doc also say the same thing n gave the same medi but it's much more ex den a gp. I went to kidslink at jurong east.

Hi rach,I'll probably pop by on Fri to collect my stuff but may not be able to join the gathering as i have other errand to run. Hope it's ok..

hey mummies

theres a baby fair at expo from 22-24april

BABY EXPO

Admission: Public - Free Admission

Venue: Hall 6A

Time: 11am – 9pm (Fri & Sat) 11am – 8pm (Sun)

Organiser: Vivacious Media Pte Ltd

Contact Details:

Tel : +65 6404 3676

Fax : +65 6343 9600

Email : [email protected]

BABY EXPO provides you with amazing choices and unbeatable value on everything for your pregnancy, baby and toddler. Get set…

Dont know worth gg not huh?

Shall we change the east mummy meet up at summer mommy house to 22/4/11?

Then after tt can go expo see see look look...

Anyonee keen on the change of date??

If not then stick to 27th im fine with it too... =)

Got another MOTHERHOOD FAIR in June as well..

2-5 June 2011

Motherhood 2011

Admission: Public - Free Admission

Venue: Hall 6B

Time: 11am to 9pm

Organiser: Motherhood Pte Ltd

Contact Details:

Telephone: +65 6379 2888

Fax: +65 6379 2806

Email: [email protected]

Parenting & Baby Products/ Health, Beauty & Wellness Products & Services.

Bbhappie- but my ger is got mucous type..'from her breathing u know her nose v congested.. She can't sleep well..'abit only wakes up.. Than like v diff to breathe.. Morning than bring her go see doc.. Think she caught e virus from my nephew who is also down with cough n cold .. That is e disadvantage of having more than 1 young kid in the house.. Germs get pass around..

mummies collecting Loots on Friday

please kindly email me the exact list of all ur stuffs so I can start packing now... Dun have to wait till Friday so many ppl very messy...

It'll be easier If u list down all ur loot and I can start packing instead of my checking thru 20-30excel sheets for ur name..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

SN, Icic oops miscomm hee. At least your boy latches faster now. My girl can still latch an hour on both breasts, halfway she fall asleep but not KO type cos she easily wakes and start crying for more milk, then I give ebm le. Cos by then she's very mang zhang le and rejects my nipple, even though I hand squeeze still got milk leh. Think could be flow too slow. Can't wait for the day when my supply starts spraying! By then hopefully she can be satisfied by my breasts alone, else my MPJ poncho wasted leh lol!

Chen, okok think I'll go get nuk after confinement. But I'll be using alot of TT for this one month, will it be a prob to switch bb to nuk? The reason I got TT is also cos it's supposed to be close to nipples, less nipple confusion leh. So far my girl still latches on, its just the too-fat bottle thats v mafan! Btw what's the difference between nuk wide neck and standard neck - which one is better?

Allets

Ur mum apply the norm adult vicks on ur bb ????

Erm cannot lei.. Mus get those baby vicks. Pharmacy gt sell off the shelves. Can only use those on small bb. Can rub abit on the soles of their feet n wear socks to help them breath better.

Best choice will be to see doc. But rem nt to use the adult vicks anymore cos it may b too strong for our small lil babies.

Pixie , I prob go get NUK tomorrow at metro infant fair

Chen good to know that NUK will be more suitable for exclusive latching baby

I haven let my #1 try BM yet .. coz if I warm

For him n he dun drink then wasted right .. My boy don't like milk very fussy of milk. Sigh I wanna try but haven found an opening to try with minimum wastage . Unless I go pump before giving my boy .give a bit if dun wan those I didn't give him can stil keep

Back