(2011/03) Mar 2011

For me , lately I get a bit itchy around my boobs n sone times the skin looks like a bit reddish like got a rash.

After eating so Bu I feel my body so hot. Always sweaty n I find my Bb body also start to get warmer lately . Could this b due to all the confinement food I'm eating?

Pinkypink : oh!!! So is really effective arr... Nice lah!!! I will

Take everyday, if that really up my supply lo... Pinky, how long have you been taking?

Summer's monmy : i ask my friend contact the supplier first.. Cause last time she bought before mah... Once she contact the supplier than i update you again...! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Questions

Do your babies make loads of noise while sleeping? I get groans, grunts etc, gives me a headache BUT put her on the bed with me and she's super quiet, problem is I don't believe in co-sleeping, sigh.

I also make just enuf milk for her. Her intake is 100 to 110 based on her weight and age and that's what I produce, frustrating and I didnt have a CL to burp my baby etc while I pumped later [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] sian

And do all your babies fart a lot? Cos I don't remember #1 being this gassy... Could be my baby brain ( remembering all the good things :p)

Hi blendedbaby,my baby also has this problem,making a lot of noise when he's sleeping,I always tot he's awake but he's not,guess it's just normal,maybe they r just breathing loudly or had a dream.

He does give loud noises too when I put him on my bed to sleep together but he tends to sleep longer with me,guess it's the sense of security. I always will hold his hand when we sleep together as he tends to get shocked easily.

Finally I'm reading yest's posts..

Pinky> if I ever have a #3. it has to be boy la!!!!

Ive bought sooooo many On That my girls won't have enough bodies to wear them!!

So far Rayanne has worn some for like 1-2times and outgrow Liaoz... Cuz theres too many to go ard!!! Lol!!!

Even if she wears one each day, she prob get to wear each the most twice before she outgrows them...

Soooo Sayang Lo.....

I've like 50-60pcs I think.... >.<"""""

their clothes add up more than mine okie....

Last time to kiasu.. See nice buy... Cheap buy... Now end up with some I haven't even get to open... Even open also no chance to wear...

I just took a look at RL NB clothes... Oh man.. Sooo many tops and bottoms and rompers and soooo many!!! And I bet she gonna outgrow them in one month... Siao liaox Lo... Waste money again....:S

I can givemy clothes to 3 mummies man....

Oh maybe I should keep till #3, then I do exchange huh??? For boy's clothings.... Lollll.....

ST> OLD NAVY now got some sales... No further disc kind...

I got some orders from my fren.. U can check out and if want let me know...

Sinmey> think I have some BN 6-12 or 12-18 old navy pique polo & French Terry shorts for boys... Wanted to sell on my website but apparently nobody buys.. Hahahha....

I've whole chunks of some size XS (5yrs old I think) girls clothings BN too....

Dun think I have old and worn boys clothings though...

Hahah shall we make 15Apr gathering at my place???

U all come collect Loots and lelong la!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ebm> I've never really drank my own ebm... Errmm... Yucky to me....

The last time I went... Genting... My breasts were soooo engorged I had to hand squeeze some out into a cup... I wanted to throw away but my Godma (my mum's sister)says fun waste its very very nutritious one.. And she finished that half cup... I was o_O"""

Then I squeeze another side... Asked my mum drink... She didn't dare to...

My hb would never drink la... He dun even drink fresh milk.:: let along ebm... Lol...

Can someone tell that rickoveron to stop spamming???

Iv seen it at least 5 times!!

We all know she had overbought from Dr Adrian...

And we have all popped... If we need would have bought long ago...

If post thrice no response means nobody interested!!! Kao!!!

Pinkypink : hmmm... Than did your supply increase? Around increase by how much? =\ cause my friend told me that, really effective, she say she drank , aftet half an hour.. She feel engorged liao...

Angelia!!! Confinement cannot eat coconut la...

So Liang.... And BF try not to eat too Liang also..

Prevent babies from having cough... Best is eat moderate.. Abit to heath side...

And u want ur hb to latch!!!?!!!! Omg!!! Comical...

Hubby dun even wanna come close in case milk leaks Lo.... Lol!!!!

Mummies - Do you all give your baby tummy time to train their neck muscle?

I do that to Eden few times a day...But seem like he is getting lazier, don't wanna turn his head anymore...

Everytime put him on his tummy, he would be more than happy to lie there... Like he really enjoy falling asleep on his tummy... Anyone's baby also like that...

Aiyo... I think like that will take forever for him to gain control of his neck muscle sia...

M

yep bb r noisy sleepers kekeke. last time when I used baby monitor I couldn't sleep cuz I keep hearing sounds. but u will get used to it after a while and tell the impt noise or cry from the nonsense ones [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ST

By rite, supposed to put infant car seat.

Pinkypink,

I wonder which is better we should experiment on the sacred tea vs the milk maid tea... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Clothes

BB clothes, I have boys clothes and more boys clothes cuz no.1 and no.2 both boys. Next time anyone need boys stuff can get from me. Normally I pass on to friends whom having boys next time. And I exchange with my friends too... cuz for NB all out grown so fast. got really nice stuff from Petit batue, polo, carters etc...

BF/pumping

Strangly, after I pump this morning, cuz I slept thru and both breast too full, started leaking I thot I would get super good yield . my left breast did well but my right (which I didn't empty after the last feed cuz bb full) did the usual low amount.

Do your breasts produce the same amount usually or anyone share the same as me, my right produce sometimes half of what my left does?

M> RL grunts alot!!! She always makes noises once a while and I had to check if she's ok... Awake or need to latch...

And she sleeps with me since I came home Lo... Cham.....

Fel> RL SLEEPS on her tummy for 2-3hrs a day.. ESP noon time... We will put her tummy down on bouncer and she will sleep better somehow...

Yest she slept I think 3-4hrs.. Until I carried her up...

Actually tummy down they won't get scared... BUT...

often not advisable cuz may cause SID.... BUT... both my girls sleep well in that position and both necks are strong...

RL could lift her head day 2 in hospital.... Was surprised...

Yest I carry her upright and facing me, she lift her head turn left and right.... Lol... And she's only 32 days old...

Advantage of big babies... More developed...:p

Btw, no one has win my baby's weight of 4.23kg yet huh?? Lol...

I didn't dare to put baby sleep on his tummy ever since I read the news article abt baby died due to SID.

But my baby always like to turn his head 45 degree up whenever he sleeps,don't know why. His head is a bit elongated due to using forcep when I delivered. Maybe tht's why he doesn't like to lie flat cuz too pointed. Always sleep one side and tilt his head. Is it normal?

Rach - Wow.. Day 2 only and RL can left her neck... Mine day 29 liao can lift the head, only saw him turning head from left to right/right to left like 2-3 times...

The rest he prefers to lie down... *faint*...

Mummy- am getting so lazy.. After yest pump at 12, I literally Ko until 830..'breast felt so full.. Now emptying it.. Dunno why, day time i can diligently pumpmat 4 hourly interval..'but nite time i too tired to wake up n pump.. Probably also cos down w flu n whole body is telling me i need rest..'even e 2'nite feeds also ask my mum to help me.. From next sat onwards, i dunno how sia cos we will be returning home n nite time no one to help me w feeding..'hb needs to work so think better dun disturb him..'i also haven learn how to bath bb..heehee.. Think too reliant on my mum during this confinement month..

How do we know If our ss have stabilizes n ok for us to sleep thru nite!

allets,

I ko too from about 1230/1 then my CL supposed to do 1 feed, decided to do 2. I woke at 530 but everyone sleeping soundly.. breasts so full. I waited till about 7am breasts all leaking. I checked with CL and she told me she fed at 530?? so I decided to pump out. in the end bb didnt wake till about 915... lucky I didn't listen to CL and wait till bb wake... I would have wasted so much leaking milk.

Fel and Rach,

My boy sleeps on the side of his head too cuz all my boys have very rounded back of heads. I dun give them pillow yet so surely roll to one side.

My boy can shift his head from side to side if I lie him on tummy or my chest/shoulder. He's very determind if not rite side he will insist to move.

My first boy used to take naps on his tummy cuz he slept better. My mother used to do it too when she helped me with him. but we dun leave him alone when he is sleeping like that.

My boys pretty poor thing, cuz my family and cl al dun believe in yao lan, tutu or swinging/rocking.

Anyone using pigeon tutu? I have a brand new one in package bought from taka or robinson - anyone want?

Annie

I dun like ebm leh. I find it very smelly,especially those creamy ones...yuks. I only smear the remaining from the bottle onto my face. Then wash pump parts n sterilize, then time to remove the "milk mask"...idea rite. But after that my face got drier so I gave up hahahahah....

Allets

I've been handling night feedings on my own since day#1 with night pumping. My observation is....cut down night pumping sessions else clash with ur bb bottle feed or latches, very mah fan. so now I pump at 10pm, 4am, then 8am...I'm used to waking up several times in a night liao...do-able one de.

Yest I feed at 11pm, then 2am+ wakie to bring out milk, 2.45am heat up milk, 3am feed, 4am feed the remaining ebm, then pump, then go back zzzz, 6.30am feed again...

Basically that's a good night liao coz bb wakie once at ungodly hrs ie 3-4am

jiayouuuu

Rach : hahahhaha!! Aiyoh! I kidding lah.. Ask my hb latch , he will go crazy lo.. I say say only nah... =p about coconut, i never take lah! Lol ! Cause ST say wanna eat corn to have "corn milk" mah.. So i ask why not she drink coconut and can produce coconut milk! Hahaha!! I confinement till i siao liao.. Alot of nonsense from me. Lol ! =p

Ya why we make our life difficult? 9 months of hormones, body out of shape, pains then more pains during labor get needles stuck in etc [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] after which we have to breastfeed, pump n take care of Bb, cinch & massage ourselves back into shape and on top of that b confined!!!

Then need to come here to rant hahaha dun mind me. After only one week plus I'm going nutty too.

Dun forgot all the $ spent!!! New bras clothes etc oh well at least shopping can make us happy :p

Help!! Anyone has a good lactation consultant to recommend??

My left breast hurts like crazy. I think got blocked ducts though my breast is soft. Is this still engorgement?? I tried hot compress and massage but the pain is still there. Aiyoh... I dun dare to press too hard and my hb also scared to press very hard cos it's painful for me. Sigh.. This probably caused my fever the last few days.

Don't know what happened to my medela freestyle...saw droplets in tubing...use tissue to wipe the parts dry and only 1 side can work...die...anyone encounters the same prob? Service centre @ toh guan huh?

M,

my bb also makes noise when she is sleeping. and she stretches her limbs, turns her head and wriggle wriggle at the same time. sometimes, she does that until she wans to cry. -_-'

MIL n CL say its good cos bb will grow up taller n faster. dunno how true is that..

Lailai,

my freestyle also got droplets inside the tubing but i jus ignore as long as its working normally..sometimes after a while, its jus 'disappear'. so i didnt pay much attention to it.

Rach if it's ur place, I go cos near my place.. Maybe I can go pick 2ks n enialec too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

BabyG, if breast is soft, I don't think it is engorgement leh. But sometimes when breast is soft, I will experience pain 'cause the supply is coming in during the 3-4 hour interval and yes, there maybe blocked ducts. Lactation consultant can help to massage but for me, massage lady works wonders and helps me to clear the blocked ducts.

Lailai,

Usually I let the pump run for about 2 minutes after pumping (not attached to funnels) to get rid of the water droplets & vapour inside the tubings. I didn't do that last time with #1 & the tubings became mouldy so I changed tubings.

Okie shall we set 15April (or 16 Sat better?) gathering at Rach's place-Yishun

Time: lunch?? 1pm?? Or 3pm?? I'm fine with both..

1. Hazel

2. Baby_love

3. ST

Food... Pizza???? I'm so craving for it now.. Lol...

Or what?? Pot luck?? Everyone brings one item??

Lets have a feast!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Most finished confinement rite??? Lol...

lailai> best not to let water droplets go into tubing.. The transparent plastic flick as dry as possible.. Cuz the water inside is where the droplets got sucked unto the tubings...

If water gets into motor then hallelujah!

Another mummy told me Toh guan quoted her $600 hor....

Water inside tubing and then no longer working...

I wish I can join u all at rach hse..but I hav 40 days confinemt to do.. Already tell my mum aka my cl pple only do 30 days but she don't care.. Sigh so I stil in jail tat time loh.. Somemore she say i hav to abstain frm outside food for 4 mths??? Got like tat one meh??? I never heard before..ask mi eat rice for 4 mths I cannot tahan

Waa can't tahan.. Mil 不自动.. Come my hse baby sleepin go disturb his sleep.. Already told her I v hard then put him to rest.. Argh!!! Then tot she go back chop chop so I can rest!! Now 2 hrs Liao she stil here!!! Waiting for wat??? She got ample rest at nite but I don't! I need my rest! Hint to her liao stil no Intention frm her to go home!!! Arghhhh

babybride : Hey ! I got same problem with you too.. my mil damn irritating.. sometime bb sleeping right, than she will purposely go wake her up... idiot right... hao bu rong yi let bb sleep liao than she go di di siao siao... i feel you !!! and know what.. my mil damn gek gek de.. she will purposely go make bb wake up right, than she play play awhile than dont care liao.. waliew eh.. think my girl is toy meh... kns lo.. hate it ! than until one day, i bth, i jidao shoot her.. i say i need rest, and i only can rest when bb is resting too.. than she keep quiet... got once, she still shoot me back by saying " bb , dont have to sleep sooo much de lah, keep on sleep sleep sleep " Waliew ehs ! i tell you, i really give her a cb face and just carry bb back to her cot lo... *angry* !!

1. Hazel

2. Baby_love

3. ST

4. Angelia

** haha ! i just nice pass 30days.. and i am not going to do a 40day confinement, so i'm joining you all.. Rach's house near my aunt house too.. i don't mind.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

haha, seems like in-laws have the same prob... they always like to disturb my gal when she's sleeping... she eh eh eh a bit they taut she's awake! n then when she's awake n becomes cranky, it becomes mummy's prob! lucky now come back my mum's place n only go back at night to sleep... else i think i'll go crazy in no time :S

Angelia, same loh.. Somemore bb wakes up wan milk she snatch him frm mi then go living room then bb cry so loud til no voice then hand back to mi!! Then I hav to calm bb down latch waaa by then hor, dono how much wind go in Liao.. N my nipples suffer loh caz bb angry nibble very very hard n suck very pain loh!! Pissed off

1. Hazel

2. Baby_love

3. ST

4. Angelia

5. Sinmey

Hazel,

U & enialec stay north too? I'm Sembawang mummy too. Jz talked to 2ks n bbrabbit that we shld have north mummies gathering. Haha

Angelia/zenia/babybride - u r not alone. I feel for u too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] guess e gdparents love e gdchild too much ba. Like to play n talk w them a while but don't understand our difficulties.

Babybride- I m also doing 40days confinement n mine I guess is as strict as urs. Ie till now m still eating confinement food, still drinking red date tea, still can't touch water. Only diff is can shower, but using herbs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] jiayou jiayou!! 40 or 30 days doesn't matter. Tell urself it's benefit u in future [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Won mummy, u mean e extra 10 days also same as e first 30days? I tot can shower? U mean can't huh?? Waaa now I shower w herbs every few days my Hubby already say I walkin herbal teapot Liao.. Even I also can't tahan myself e smell but better thAn don't bath at all... I tot remainin 10days goto drink longan water n can't go out only.. Sigh...

Waaa today my bb latch almost every hr.. My nipples gonna drop off Liao.. Rach say wil get seasoned.., I Already 25days n m stil waiting for them to get SEASONED to e roughness of my boy sucking..

Babybride/zenia/won_mommy : wah! Seem like all grandparent the same lo.. Than we as mummy jiu ke lian liao lo... Have to coax our bb.. Hais!!!

Mine is officially over but I drag till tmr...I will finish any leftover red dates n longan...few more days only. Monday can shower as per normal liao

finally 我在用清水而不是用黑水冲凉...黑变白!!! Yahoo!!

My mom aka cl will still be ard next week so she will occasionally cook confinement dishes for me. I hope can eat as long as I can coz afterall last preg must 补 gao gao

1. Hazel

2. Baby_love

3. ST

4. Angelia

5. Sinmey

6. Felina & Eden (Prefers 15th Friday)

Pixie> I also have plenty leftOver... My danggui only used half...longan left half... Almost most of the things also can eat/drInk another 20days at least Lo...

I'm doin my pedicure now.. Finally after one whole month... Feet dying..

Babybride - guess cos my mil damn strict ba. During my 30 days I cannot shower. Now m at my 30+ days, I can shower but w black water. Depends on ur mum cum cl de lar. U c some other mummies already shower daily or can go out even during confinement. So don't feel upset or depress ya [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ur confinement is still better than mine.

Gosh ..think i spoilt my daughter by carrying her too often n patting her to sleep.. Now she needs to be carried n pat before she goes into dreamland.. Tried leaving her on e bed n pat also cannot n she will cry .. now i really wonder should I have Yao LAN for her.. Am trying not to use yao LAN n pacifier If I can..

Babybride- me Doing confinement for 40 days.. But e last 10'days can bath la..only eat confinement food n drink longan tea.. Think can also go out ba.. Aiya, we already endure so many days I think e last 10 days v easily passed..

Won mummy- I really pei Fu u can so many days nv bath ..

Back