(2011/03) Mar 2011

xiaofeizhu, same same! My wound hurts and I'm walking with a limp. I don't know how deep my tear is but I think I've over-strained myself during the 1st week. Painkiller finished so eating panadol too. Now trying to walk slower and sit with cushion.

Annie, so good! Can colour hair? Confinement over already? *envious*

St, pixie has lansinoh milkbag... Pm her

Xiaofeizhu, which IFC u putting? I die lar still haven't cfm the nanny n dunno if I can get any IFC now.. I initially wan nanny but seems nanny now like to take care more than 1 kid so I hesitate now...

U wan the tmc painkiller? I still have coz I nvr touch it.. Try to lie down as much as u can... N sit on float( those kid swim float). I have one to lend u if u wan.. My wound so pain when I had my #1... so this time I prepare but nvr use...

2ks, can tell me the chest freezer width ?

Xiaofeizhu : the lotion i referring is brown bottle too lo... With red colour cap de... Hmm.. You finish? Hmmm.. Maybe try to check with your gynae, another ways to ease the pain..? Mine wound took me around 1week 3day to fully recover... Till now not pain le... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Chen - oic. 6 wks old. Mine now 4wks old already 120ml n seem not v enough. Think by 6wks also ard there le, which i hope not. I have a big drinker too. Gal somemore. Becoming michilin Bb soon. But something happy abt today is, at least e milk we gave her is not wasted. Hehe. Used measuring tape to measure her height, she have grow taller by 6cm!! Chubby cheek somemore.

Envy mummies w so much supply now. My supply seem stop le. Din pump whole day today w no full or engorge feeling. But weird thing is, when I have milk, nipple don't leak. Now left a little nia, it leaks. Wat shd I do? Cold cabbage? Bye bye to my moomoo career..... E rest of e mummies, jiayou jiayou!!! Don't b like me, so fast give up [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sinmey, I was in fact talking to my mum today on IFC. Cos I realised tt there's a lot of work to taking care of an infant alr... n think IFC ratio is 1:3 or 1:4, couldn't reali remember exactly but the IFC I putting my gal at has a ratio of 1:3, I reali thinking twice abt their capability of care and attention for each child... end up my mum suggested tt she might as well take care of my gal when she's a lil bigger ~3mths like tt... anyway the IFC I've registered my gal is Little Skool, they r under ntuc...

ST: the herbs really help to boost my milk supply? Tmr I shall get it from won_mummy since she still has leftover for me to try. I need it to boost my confidence too.

Butter8: I just had my shower and wash my hair and today is my 6th day after delivery. My hubby said I played cheat. He said how come I can shower so fast? But I am using the herbal water to shower and wash my hair. My hubby said I look high when I shower. :p

Sinmey: I dun hv the width now.. U go kadeka website and find the smallest one.. It's 90litres..

I put at my service balcony beside my washing machine

Zenia: little skool IFC very good! I like it.. But too bad sbw no vacancy...

They have system and their meals also good leh..

Won mummy: why are u giving up bf?? It's for bb own good u know.. Hang on there mah...

Blueroti: if u hv space can consider tecno brand... Check out their website

Otherwise giant hv farfalla brand.. Drawers type.. Or chest type..

2ks, little skool IFC really good? They just have a new one just at my void deck. Not sure if I wanna put my boy there if I go back to work.

In samsituations as 2ks,nMy ss seems to have stagnant.. Need 2 let downs before can achieve combined milk output of around 170ml..pumping every 4 hourly lah..currently still enuf for my ger as she is drinking 90ml 3-4 hourly..

Breastfeeding is nv easy.. There are so many times that i really feel like giving up.. Sometimes to e extent that When come to pumping time, really dread going thru e process..cos per pump session from massage to pump n wash parts takes me abt 50'mins.. But hav to tell myself to persist on..it is for my ger!

2ks- how u count ur 3 or 4 hourly pump? Is it from e start of ur pumping or u count it from e time u end? I count my 4 hourly from e time I end leh..'correct not?

allets: I agree with u, many times i feel like giving up. 1st few days i stress until i cried. But fernugreek and pumping religiously helps alot. once u get into momentum, u will kind of get used to the rountine. though sometimes, I feel alittle lazy to pump!

Yeah, I pooed! with the help of the saline water insert. Thank god for tt.. Going to stock the solution up. Haha..

2Ks - Dr Ang checked my wound on the 2nd day lor then again on the 8th day lor... wahh piang really is dot dot dot.... I tried contacting almost all the IFC in sbw... MMI nv reply... nv contact cherie hearts cos feel too pricey... think I better contact them again tml...

Angelia - Gynae only say walk less and lie more...

Sinmey - Thanks for your offer... I will try out panadol first and see how... pain until my massage also cannot do sibei siannzzz....

L3x - Gd to know you manage to poo... feels gd right hehe...

Belinda/Allets, I also sometimes feel so lazy to pump but if dun pump, breast very hard n full. At night I lazy to pump I latch Bb log, most convenient. Just that he can't empty two of my breasts. But I try Rach's method, just give one side then endure the other breast n give other breast on his next feed. Like that all through th night until morning then I pump full when my mil comes to relief me...

When I think of giving up I try to think of how much hardwork I have put in already, the money i spent on equipments, nursing bra, etc... N if give up now need to spend on fm n my boy health will not be so good, etc... Then I drop the idea of giving up. I told myself i shall try my best to bf as long as possible, until SS not enough or at least a minimum 6 mths!

Allets

wah 50mins no joking matter. Me sometimes drag to 25mins I oredi very pek chek liao. Kudos to your preserverance!! I deserve a pat on the back!!!

Mummies, if BB hasn't passed motion for about 4 days... how to resolve the constipation? Isit drink Gripe Water or Plain Water or Glucose Water etc..?

Spyria - Did u managed to latch successfully at the hospital? I realised the football style works better for my BB initially.. then afterwhich when more experienced we can use the cradle style. I feel he is less cranky when he is in the football style... but the inconvenient thing is must stack up more pillows or use those breastfeeding pillow for assistance.

I think feeding EBM through bottles, the flow is very fast for newborn. The nurses tell me latching help to open our "milk glands"... thus latching may help our short nipples. Sometimes mine also get frustrated when he cant find the nipple.. and I feel sad about it. If really cannot latch, then bor bian, feed EBM by bottles.. like what some of the mummies say at least we feed them with breastfeed milk !

Will u be getting Massage Lady..? Ask her to help massage your breasts? I cant wait for mine tmrw.. whole body aching like mad !

Hi peeps, i have a Brand NEW Disney Car Seat to let go at 180/=...

- For 9-18kg

- Brand new

- Interested buyers are welcome to took a look

- Free Delivery within Sengkang/Hougang Area

- PM me if more details is required[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5269761.jpg]

2k - cos of mil issue n cos i handle Bb alone 24hrs, kept missing my pumping time. Mil is e main cause ba. I really can't take it anymore. Everyday say us zek ark let Bb wait for milk to b warmed. Cos her timing v irregular we can't bring out ebm too early to warm. E moment Bb make 1 sound she will rush in to carry her away. Keep talking to Bb say her parents torture her, etc. Really v stressful. Furthermore midnight I pump I cannot wash e pump parts, cannot open fridge to store my ebm. She purposely sleep in living rm, e moment hear a bit of sound will wake up n ask wat I doing. Then, keep saying I so tired don't pump anymore, Bb impt, mummy also must take care. Everyday's food full of ginger in tiny strips which I cannot pick n smell of Dom ( which she just pour in, don't double boil to cook away e alcohol content)

Felt guilty towards Bb but really stressful n pissed off which I really can't endure anymore. That's y previously I have been saying family supportive v impt. Which I don't have n cannot talk back, cannot voice anger nor fight. That's y I have to give up unwillingly.

Furthermore, Bb have been spoilt by her le. Keep carry n pat n walk n sing song to sleep. I m like lilprecious, must do all these to put Bb to sleep which could b hours. Really straining. Haiz.... Really guilty n hope my Bb will forgive me.

Oh ya.... Then when close to feeding time, I can't open e fridge to take out my ebm. Sometimes if day time m awake I arga e timing when I see some signal. End up false alarm so I ask her to take out then put back. She will say so mafan, etc.... How to give? She is super anti bm. She say fm e best n so fast n convenient. Bb cannot cry de, will enter wind, etc.

Who ask me to have short nipples. 1st wk I forced to drink some herbs for 3 cont days which I can't latch Bb, then Bb got jaundice, stay hosp 2 days also cannot latch. That's y I end up pump exclusively.

Xiaofeizhu : i bet all gynae say the same, walk less and lie more.. But than seriously, i never listen leh... Hahaha! I walk more than lie lo... =\ although at times, the wound pain like hell.. But i just walk real slowly... Than sit on cushion too... But my wound counted heal very fast lo... =p my gynae still say i very good, lie so much (he thought i really lie alot) but i told him, i walk alot instead... Hahaha! =p

Lai lai: u can go for their tour.. Their IFC is very nice.. The weaning menu also very proper.. New schools even better cos the toys will be new..

I actually wanted my first skool but my side fully booked.. So didi will go to a lower class one..

Won_mummy : try not to give up sooooo easily... Bb is yours.. Mil cant do anything lo.. She wanna say , let her be... My mil dont support BM too.. She starting keep saying that Give bb BM, than bb not full blah blah... I jidao hack care her... I stay in my room and latch/pump... Finish liao than i ask CL to help me wash... Than if she keep saying, i tell my hb to tell her off.. Than at time she will give my hb and me black face, but seriously i dont give a damn lo... Bb is mine.. I do for my bb good... You try not to stress yourself.. Tell yourself that giving bb BM is good for them.. So hack those MIL stupid brain !!! =p

Allets: bf is never easy.. It take alot of hardwork and patience.. And I m proud of all of u here to hang on..

Trust me, when the milk stabilized and bb intake stabilize, bf will be much easier.. Pumping can be reduce to 3x a day.., and pumping will be faster.. I remember last time I just took 10mins to pump my 300ml.. Very fast..I m waiting for that day.. But not in this 1/2 months la..

I had not been eating alot these few days (sick of the good), so I guess the supply stagnant might be due to this.. So I m waiting for the day when I can hv more water fluids whatever..

I count the pumping from the begin time not the ending time..

Xiaofeizhu: the check on 2nd day delivery was really ....., first time I dunno mah so 2nd time I know Liao.. When dr Ang came I asked him can don't check or not.. Hahaha... Then he said check when I go back to his clinic.. That check not so pain already la..

Mmi IFC is so ex leh!! Even more ex than Cherie hearts.. Cherie hearts think $800plus right?

Too ex...

Actually I wanted my first skool that is opp of my house, but no vacancy... Boo..

Won mummy: are u using those warmer? Thos warmer take very lOng to warm up.. Used warm water while waiting u can carry bb and pacify then bb won't cry so easily..

Mil issues very diff to resolve.. Is she taking care of yr bb? If yes, I guess there is nothing that u can do..

Short nipple u also can latch one!! I m a good example. But I guess Its really tough and stressful for u..

Just go with your heart bah..Maybe u can just latch one round at night or so?

Yes, will perserve on de.. Now nipple so sore from pumping.. Dunno why.. E pain is from inside de.. Think my breast overwork.. Cos everytime I pump if e output is not e same as prev pump session, will pump longer.. Also, think after pumping for sometime, e nipple kinda get used to e funnel n no longer that effective in drawing milk out.. So what I did was remove nipple from funnel than put back in.. Think that is how my nipple became sore ba..

Do u all encounter such prob where ur nipple remain in e funnel but no longer drawing milk out? Only when remove nipple put back in than milk will flow a little bit..'

Wahh I jus speed read the thread.. V tired n busy today.. Jayien's full month celebration.. Thou jus some short 5 hours.. It's really tiring n lotsa things to bring for both nb n toddler.. I like wanna go holiday like tt..

I miss my CL so damn badly.. Wish she was still here..

Sigh! Wanna cry each time I think if her.. Sob..

Frm the moment I reached hm till nw nvr stop man, hope to slim dwn at such rate..

Reached hm packed stuffs in bag, settle Jav, pump milk, sterilize all things, fed Jay, den fed Jav, cleared the presents n all, moved things frm CL rm back to my own, jus made Jav slp, gonna pump milk in an hrs time den feed Jay again n den I can finally slp.. Provided Jay slps.. Sigh!

Oh my! Jay's crying nw.. Gotta go settle him cos my hb can't handle..

Backache............. *pulls hair!!!!!*

annie,

im like u, thinking of the equipements that we invested and yet give up in the end like abit sayang..so must really persevere till at least 6 mths.

presto,

i managed to latch abit at the hospital. i would not say its successful cos its only for a short while, on n off and not every session as well. really depressed then. i used football hold on right breast and cradle on left breast.

today i managed to latched on 2 times for abt 5-10m mins on my left breast only. so happy!!

all thanks to my CL, she is a godsend. she said try to latch after feeding ebm. sometimes, bb is still not very full but full enough to feel satisfied, so she will not cry, scream and want her milk so urgently. maybe dats y refuse to try and learn latching cos she wants her milk NOW.

and when bb more settled after ebm, i find her having more patience learning how to latch.

breast now still super engorged despite pumping regularly. i just have to endure, i hope this period will pass soon. =(

my massage lady comin in on tuesday, hope she can help me to clear.

u enjoy ur massage k, u deserve it!!

Pixie- my 50 mins involved 5-10 mins of massage + drinkin a hot drink, 1st let down i let it pump for 15mins, 2nd one another 12-15 mins.. Wash parts (since confinement

Cannot touch tap Water, put on gloves but felt v handicap that's why slower ) + sterilisin them another 5-10 mins .. So if I wake up at 1am, earliest can return to bed is almost 2am..

Think I am a person who wants result that's why push myself

so hard n When i see my ss stagnant or decrese, I felt so down.. Anyway has told hb to get fenugreek for me..'hopefully I can yield more so that at least I look forward to pumping!

2ks- I already drink alot Lot of liquid but all longan red date tea la.. Wat u mean by take more fluid? U mean drinking plain water can helps in better yield?

My godma commented that my face looks pale n she asked if I have been eating well n drinking dom etc.. I wan to drink but how to when 4 hours later need pump again.. Everytime drink Liao worried whether alcohol will be presence in my breast milk not.. Haiz..

Waiting for my next pump at 11pm..

Allets: I do that also... Reposition the breast in the funnel..

Then sometimes I pause awhile then continue.. I usually can hv a few let downs...

Prestorabb: today rach having full month so prob her reply might be slower..

Lilprecious: oh my... My turn coming soon!! But I choose to hv my full month when cl still around so at least she can help me for that day

Lilprecious- why u sounded like u pump at v close intervals ? 3hourly?

Luckily my family has been v supportive in my breastfreding career.. ESP my hb where he will help me wash e parts on weekend or when he visits me at my mum place n will keep on asking if I due for pumping.. Than he will also offer to help warm e Ebm n feed bb..

Missing our 'er ren shi jie' time sia.. How i wish my confinement can end soon n I can return hope n sleep on my own bed with hb next to me!!!!

2ks- ur let down u referring to stop e machine n restate to simulation mode follow by expressing mode is it. How u achieve few let downs in 1 pump session? Must learn from u leh..

Allets: for me drinking hot drink while pumping will not yield more output.. I hv to drink it an hour before I pump..

My fluids means anything besides longan tea..

Now confinement can only drink Milo and longan tea Ma..

Allets: drink Dom after u pump by then next pump is 4 hours already digested.. I does that always.. My bb no drunk leh... Lol

So tired also...

Lilprecious> where's ur full month held??

Both Rs finally asleep...

I just read the thread from iPhone and doze off...

Phone fell on my chest...yawn.....

Nite all....

Let down means the spraying of milk while u pump..

Erm... I never use the stimulation Mode one.. I straight away jump to pump..

lilprecious,

is your husband or someone there to help you with some chores? you sound like a superwoman to me!

2ks, angelia,

good idea! i shall do the one mth before cl leaves too.

Spyria : hahaha! I think have to lo... Cause just imagine, you need to jaga your guest.. Than jaga bb too... Wah!! I dont think i can handle lo... Lol ! =p than just nice, i do early for my girl than happen to be one day before my CL leave so okayy lah.. Haha! =p

2ks n Evelyn, wat do u mean by double boil and how much DOm to put? N for the Ginger juice is extracted from Ginger or can buy off the shelve? If it's from Ginger, how many Ginger shld I use? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

2nd, must we wait 4 hrs after drinking de boiled Dom?, I also drink Dom which boiled w Ginger soup, but I pump bm after 2 hrs of drinking, as acc to my CL, the alcohol w b evaporated once boiled for hrs. Not sure if 2 hrs too short.

Back