(2011/03) Mar 2011

2nd refers to 2ks ( typo coz by iPhone spelling chk).

Btw, S.T/ jaster, does fenugreek really help to increase de bm supply significantly in short period( few hrs or days?).Also worried if it w caused engorgement or inflammation ?

Halo 2ks

I surfed the Internet juz now n didn't see techno brand.

Actually wondering if I should get a chest freezer since

I plan to BF only for 6 mths m duno eat to do with it after TT.

But my freezer quite full now

Mummies who r disheartened abt BF - hang in the!

Honestly even as a 2nd time mom I m tempted to give up

BF coz it's really tiring n having to deal w blocked ducts.

But I tell myself i did it for no. 1 so must do it for

No.2 plus cannot let the invtm in my freestyle pump

Go to waste. The beginning is always tough so jiayou!

Ya...BF is really not easy...since week 1...I already sleepless nights due to super bad engorgement & blocked ducts...I remembered I was crying over spilled milk (literally lor!) when I spent so much time pumping to get that pathetic 50ml from both sides...& in the end, I accidentally knocked over the medela bottles & spilled them all over...Was so upset & cried for a night...initially I was pumping at almost 1 hr interval so it was madness for me...

For those with blocked ducts & lumps like me, must really get yr ML to help u clear...in the meantime, use hot compress at every pump or be4 u latch...it works for me...from 50ml to 200ml (or more)... My lumps really alot but now everything is cleared as long as I pump them out on time...

This week is my 3rd week and I'm still waking up at wee hours to pump or I'll get engorgement...don't know when this will end but it is all for the baby! Lets jiayou together okay? We must persevere!

Xiaofeizhu: I also same as you, my wound still hurts! I feel it is at the side, so it hurts when I try to sit down. I think I need a swimming float. I also think I will die if now naughty with hubby. My hubby still said if I shout now while naughty with him, dun know if I am in pain or too 爽. -_-|||

2Ks: u sure can.. We mus support each other ok!!! =P ya. She went w me fr full monthbut left aft everything lo.. I miss her like crazy..

Allets: no la, it sounds close but it's nt, cos in btw I do lotsa things.. N 5 hrs up v fast..

Rach: at my fren's condo's clubhouse..

Spyria: I fainting alrdy.. Not superwoman .. =S my hb helps me out here n dere.. But like pumping, n making both e boys slp.. Only I can do it.. Sad...

I'm still here cos my Jayien nvr slppppp!!!!!! I'm fainting.. Pls tell me hw to handle 2 to slp.. Think either one gotta cry to lala land=S finally this lil one slping w me in seperate rm but nt v well aslp keep making noises. Headache..

Been up since 12.30am, baby refuses to sleep!! Hubs usually feeds her Ebm while i pump n gets her to sleep, today no way, I even brought her downstairs, she fell asleep, brought her home, Put in the cot 10 mins later she's up and it's pretty much time for her next feed, so I'm breastfeeding. Poor husband is sooo tied n he has to work. I think I'll get extra mattress tmr so he can sleep in #1's room lah. He gets stressed, baby gets stressed... crappy cycle.

Jus finishing pumping. Still 110ml only. Hw to increase Ss? Shld I stop latching n do exclusive 3 hourly pumps?? Sianz

Chen

U mention ur bb drinks 150ml at 6wks old ? My boy is drinking 120ml Liao and he's only 3wks old lor.. My ss not enuff for him..! Sad la!

2Ks,

Little skool IFC at Jurong west quite new, I was told they were only opened for a yr or so when I enrolled my gal while I was 4mth preg... environment also quite clean n they separate toddlers n infants which is good.

Won_mummy, tell ur mil if she wan ur bb good then she should giv her ebm... u tell her bb will b v miserably if they constipate... u must educate her of the goodness of ebm... constantly brainwashing her tt bm is good n most importantly get ur hb to tell her ur decision on bm for ur bb...

Urgh, am so pissed with my VERY HELPFUL mil! She'll drive me nuts in no time! Hb went back to Malaysia with his dad for qing ming praying on Sat night and I din thaw any ebm cos I'll be staying over at my mum's place, me n my gal only came back on Sun night. I din hav a chance to check out the chiller until now, then realised how come there's another packet of thawed ebm in the chiller. I din know when the heck she took down n prob my more than 300ml ebm is going to waste! Urgh, so pek chek! Can't get to sleep cos she wasted my ebm!!!!!! She's not helping me with this, she's making my life super miserable!!!! I wouldn't hav stayed here If nt for my flat not ready yet!!!!

Hazel

Double boil means "dun". Put in porcelain container then into a pot w water to steam.

Ginger juice is extracted from Ginger slices. My CL use a cloth sieve to squeeze the juice out.

Once it's boiled, alcohol evaporate it's fine for use to take. 2 hrs later pump shld be fine. If u drink it "neat" then mus wait longer..

Pooh bear, I saw the lacatation consultant at KKH's special care nursery, she's nurse Thiang.... she's like a bit 'man' kinda women but she's dam nice, she thought hb n me how to massage n help to giv many advice...

*yawns...

Din get to really slp frm 2 plus till now.. Jay was making noise n din slp well.. Managed to kinda dream feed him at 4plus den proceed to pump milk... Feeling so slpy....

I forsee no slp fr a few months.... *bangs wall*

Okay, here goes again.. He's cryingggg.. Argh!

Lilprecious, try playing some soothing music for him? Or play him those songs played in church? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] me just finish pumping, drank a cup of Milo gg back to zzz.. :p

As usual,so many mummies are awake for feeding and coaxing.Think every baby is unique,we just have to find out their pattern and try to accommodate lor.

Ask you all ah,I see some mummies do pumping for like an hour. Every time I pump both sides 15 mins then no milk already. I can get abt 100-120ml. Should i still continue pumping air out if I wanna increase supply?

Alice,

If you wanna increase supply, you should increase frequency & duration of pumping. At least 8 times a day. I pump 20-30 mins if I have time. Continue pumping about 2-5 mins after milk flow stops to signal to the brain that you want more.

Prestorabb> saw Ur email... I'll reply when I'm home okie...

Still at chalet...

Alice> u can stop after 15min, drink a cup of hot Milo and pump again..may get 2nd let down..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Otherwise u can pump continuously for up to 30min then stop... That means pumping air for the next few min see can stimulate 2nd letdown or not..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hazel: my cl manual extracted the juice from Ginger la.. Then double boiled with about half a bowl of Dom..

Yean: if double boiled can drink cos the Dom evaporated... If neat after 4 hours then pump/latch

Lilprecious, my Javier also v v cranky last night. Fed him, changed him, coax him, he still eh n cried... Made me n Hubby bth... Put in sarong ok... Then Hubby initially wanna sleep together with me in the living room (coz there's where sarong is), but we later decide to move him to our bed n see how..shifted him to bed not long he started to scream again, faint! Then we put him back to sarong he also not happy Liao. Kept crying n fussing.. Until my mum woke up n carried him away. I was really too tired that I KO, sleeping living room. Then 5am woke up for milk n same thing happened. Drank finish everything also cannot, my dad carried him also cannot then we put him into sarong where my dad said he help me shake him n asked me go sleep.

7am wake up again n fed him. This time I see his face abit drowsy Liao I faster put back into sarong n so now I am, shaking him while typing my post. Really very tedious n I'm still very sleepy. Eyes keep closing n I keep dozing off. I really wonder how some mummies look after their Bb 24/7. Is it because their babies are easier to look after? I can't imagine me alone handle my boy 24/7.

Thanks rach and pooh bear,will try for the next pump. Maybe I just get too impatient in pumping,every time pump just want to get it over and done with,so while pumping hands also squeezing the breast to chop chop finish the pumping.

Quite a peaceful nite... RL slept as usual... And it's RY as usual giving me headaches...

Cried and pointed to her diapers... Changed... And then she pooed... And change again... :S..

Then she walk ard the chalet room climbing bed here and there And then finally sleep at 11plus...

Gonna be up and prepare to check out by 10am.. Or earlier....

*yawn*!!

Ya, can't imagine life w/o CL...

Last night, myhb again, make a pissing comment... Say bb reongnise CL 'body smell' and forget his smell... Ask me to no let the CL carry her too much.... Stupid comment right??

If not, then next dun hire CL lor.....Damn pissed w him....

Tres, I also believe bb recognise CL smell, I tried to feed, carry, bathe n put her to slp during my CL's last wk wif me...

Tres: won't one la.. Bb will recognize mummy smell one (but now we so smelly better don't recognize) and they recognize our voice too one.. My boy always stop crying when I carry him..

Ask your Hubby when u pregnant did he always talk to your girl or not first

Hi mummies,

Ages last log here. My life mess by my cl n affected by her.. Long story dunnO hw to say..

Who has cl to recommend now? Available from anytime now till 20-22apr?

My expectation v simple. Food I ok. Housechores min. Bb important n bb cry she really first to reach to check n see rather than mi n know what to do. Bb hygiene n safety too. Emo not easily affected. Night too. Carry to n fro bb to me when feeding.

Buzz mi. My PM Hv problem lo.. Or what's app mi 96436405 or FB ... Thanks

Hi morning!

How do you al count the end of confinement and when is the date for full month celebration? ;) at least something to plan n look fwd to.

Ladies who gave birth last week

My tummy like still bloated.like still 3 months preggy Lol

Spyria

Talking about investment in freestyle, not only dat , but bras clothes n accessories. Will b such a waste if dun bf [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

any mummies here thinking about contraception? My Gynae gave me a pamphlet on Mirena which is some kind of iud.. Anyone know anything about it or thinking of putting something similar?

Butter8,

Usually confinement if u engaged will end 28days. But for myself I count 30days on my own side.

Pinkypink,

Mirena is e 5yrs IUD if I not wrong. Less side effects. I thinking to insert but my gynae advise my case not so fast though should be after 2months of birth can do. This round my uterus unable shrunk fast n swollen due to too fast labor n previous miscarriage that why I can't touch or anything to my uterus [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] need much longer time to recover it Back..

Mummies, for ebm can I warm it up in advance, say half hr? So that bb do not have to wait for it to warm up when he's hungry. My bb cannot wait for his milk, he will cry angrily.

N if he can't finish the milk, can leave it at room temp n feed him again mayb 1 hr later?

Hi just wanna check with those mummies letting baby sleep in the sarong.my mil told me might wanna introduce sarong to bb cuz he can sleep faster when people pat or rock him. I'm worried once we introduce,it's hard to kick the habit when he's bigger. Any advice?

Alice - I'd advise you not to let baby sleep in sarong... Don't pat n rock baby to sleep also... Cos you're creating more trouble for yourself in future n now...

Creating wrong sleep association for baby..

No sarong = cannot sleep

No patting = cannot sleep

No rocking = cannot sleep

No offense to mummies who uses sarong la...

Next time bring your baby out, no sarong how he sleep? You must carry him and be the sarong? Like that your hand can tahan meh?

For my baby, we put him in his cot let him sleep by himself... He will cry, we let him cry till tired he will fall asleep..

Sounds very "zek ark" but in the long term, it will do both parents n baby good... They will learn to fall asleep by themself, parents can use the time to do other things... But of course if my baby cry very long and still not settle, i will carry him, reassure him im there, then put him down in his cot again...

Haiz.. My cl has teach my bb all the wrong things. Carry him the moment he cry, pat him to slp, put him on rocker n keep rocking him, even singing to him to make him slp. I think bb has already get used to these cos he is always making noises the moment he's in the cot. I really dunno how I'm going to handle him when cl leave next week lo.

butter,

confinement is usually 28days done by cl, so starting to count from the day u discharge from hospi, but during hospi stay its like 2 days we 'do ourselve'. some ppl extend to 40days so see how strict you wana be wif urself.

for 1mth celebration wise, my MIL says must follow lunar calender. so mine is 24 mar (eng), which one mth later is lunar is 22 apr in english calender. so that is the last day i can hold the celebation. anyday before dat also can but not later than dat.

alice,

older generations believes that sarong makes the bb feels more secure and they can sleep better in it like in the mother's womb so they like to encourage putting bb in sarong.

i personally feels that if bb can sleep well in their cot, i will let them continue. attended the class by mrs wong and she also says too much shaking n swaying does harm bb's brain development. so up to individual belief i guess.

As much as i can i dun pat or rock my ger.. But sometimes really bth cos she can finish her milk, if leave her alone on embed, awhile later she will eh eh n cry.. Than If she dun sleep soon after feeding. She can remain awake until her next feed which is 3 hours later..n during this 3 hour, she will eh,'cry n dd to be carried..'so at times really no choice, for e peace n sleep i need, i resort to patting n rocking .. Haiz .. Hopefully she dun get use to this else after my ml my mum will pull her hair cos if she look after, she must Pat n rock like me..

Btw, cold war btw my mum n me still going on for e 3rd consecutive day.. But I heck care Liao..'no longer get affected by it.. Now e 2 of us see each other also dun talk..'as long as she cook for me, bath my ger can Liao..'e rest of e things Bo bian I gotta do myself loh.. Last nite while changing my ger,'her watery poo kana me n she wet herself.. Disaster sia!! Than I merely commented 'ger ur shirt wet wet mummy change for u k'.. My mum heard it n came took over e changing n fed my ger..

Babyhappie: u can warm up ebm half an hour earlier., but it's better to let bb consume within an hour.. If he can't finish it after an hour, I will throw away.. No point risking his tummy..

And remember room temp in sg is much higher than other countries

2ks: thanks for the advice.

More qns. If my milk ss has been stagnant for 1 week means my ss will not increase anymore? How long to put the hot compress for? I usually put for less den 5 min den take off le.

Fel, i agree w you too.... If possible, as far as possible, no rocking n carrying tp sleep. Pat pat, Bo pain lah, if bb is cranky have to pat pat backside lor....

Wah lau eh... My CL says she won't be making any more longn tea for me, if I'm thirsty I should drink double boiled DOM, or bird nest ... Wah kau, how to survive???sure will die to thrist....

Any one drinks milk maidtea during their confinement??

To increase milkmsupply, must it be during the first month?? Subsequent months, drink milkmaid tea/ taking fenugreek, will not be effective alr?? Pls advice?? Bought both, but have not start to take it yet!!

For me I don't really like sarong. Worry future go out or traveling have to swing n rock.. Usually bb cry I pat on cot. Till bb cry very vigorously or too long then I will carry n pat. I told CL e same thing lo

Babyhappie - Hmmm... I let him cry 5-7 mins when i put him down to sleep...

But if he gets frightened midway during sleep (the crying is different one, very very loud straight away), i will attend to him immediately...

When he wake up crying for feed (e.g. it's time for feeding liao), i also will attend to him in 30second -1 min...

Is putting to sleep that part i will let him cry n settle himself to sleep la...

MY baby also not textbook baby... Afternoon got problem sleeping, cannot sleep very long in the cot in the afternoon, so i will bring him to my bed, latch him (neh neh like got sleeping pill like that) then he will fall asleep n sleep maybe 2 hrs?

Don't know is must smell me or must have his neh neh then afternoon can sleep... Hope i can break this cycle soon also...

Hi,

when baby awake n looking around... I wanna carry n pat him n rock her... ... but my CL stop me say I'll create a wrong habit, next time more difficult to care. CL tell me talk to baby n carry just awhile will do , don't create a habit so baby always wanna u to carry...

Now my baby only cry when she is hungry, hot,uncomfortable... the moment her needs is attend to she will quiet down... so really, it is easier to handle in the long run... actually baby still happy when she is in her cot, she will look ard n coos n smile ... self entertain... the expert say baby must learn to self-smoothe themselves...

Hi mummies, I have a question.

Since we don't know how much breast milk our baby drinks everytime we latch them, then how much EBM do you all give them?

I really wonder how much bm suppy I have...my gal sometimes can latch for 10mins and she's full but sometimes latch for 30mins and yet still want more milk. And when I pump, I can only get max 70ml. But I must admit that I seldom pump, cos I get demoralized when I pump for 5mins and only get a few drops. It's only once in a blue moon then I will get more. Sigh. Wonder why.

Back