(2011/02) Feb 2011

En Xuan - the itch is one of the side effects for epidural. I had it immediately after my delivery but subsided quickly. You can try taking anti-histamine, aka puriton to cure the itch. The peeling is the fetal skin as baby is forming their own skin now, and it's common mine also peeling like crazy.

moomoo73, i know itchy chest is one of the side effects of epidural besides vomiting and shivering, other parts of the body not sure [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

En Xuan, probably you should see a doc to diagnose the itch, remember not to bathe too hot water as will aggrevate it.

Hi en xuan,

so good, u can pump out so much milk supply, I in my 2nd week now but only can pump out 30 to 40ml at 3 hours interval. Can advice me how u can do it?

For your bb juandices, pl take good care of him.

Thanks

Hello everyone ..im exclusive bf a 4mth+ baby with excess milk.. anyone know if anybody int in buying breastmilk? feel free for any enquires on health chk up and diet nutrition

hi all

i feel very disappointed in myself, i lost patience easily and is afraid to handle baby whenever she cry, he refuse to sleep after feed everynight and i dont know how to coax him

Any one can help me? I learn how to bath baby today and he is crying non stop, i almost drop the baby out of panic....i dont think i can be a good mother ...Its too stressful and i cant take baby cry , breastfeed is also very tiring for me to pump every 3 hrly... i feel too much changes in my life and i really dont know how to face it

hello Joanne.. crying baby esp at nite ,could it be colic ?initially is def tough, when baby 3-4 months old u wil find all is worth it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Joanne,

Baby Scott is 3wks plus today and I feel exactly the same way as you do. My CL is leaving this Sunday, and I'm doing a crash course to learn everything now, plus dreading what's going to happen after she leaves.

I only started learning how to change diapers yday. Today, like you, tried to bathe Scott for the first time. He was so scared tt he pooped in the towel. Scott is a wailer and I know what you mean when you said you can't stand their cries. Still need to learn how to carry him so tt he's comfortable enough to fall asleep and not fuss etc..

I've been an emotinal wreck the past 3 weeks, daily entertaining thoughts of not being able to make it as a good mother or worrying abt baby's weight gain, spitting etc. But the only way to get better at all these is to practise...take heart tt you're not alone with all these doubts and fears.

Plus I realise I have more of these thoughts when I'm super tired and thus emotionally drained. Therefore, go take a nap to get some energy back. Like you, I hope things will get better, and as all my mummy frens tell me, they will...meanwhile, jia you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Babystartler: my CL will finish my assignment on 16 march , if u keen I can give u her number. Her rate is around 1.9-2k reasonable, fr Malaysia. U can talk to her on her term.

Joanne, I totally agreed with lee. We need to learn and practice especially for 1 time mummy. I hope my hb will catch up soon until now he can't handle our girl needs.

Maid: Jaime, etc - my agency is quite gd plus has maids on their website for u to view, ao when u call u can tell them which maids u liked the biota n they will tell u if suitable or not fr u after asking about your household. Pm me if need contact.

Itchy tummy: I use Palmers' itchy tummy oil, it's a spray on oil, I found it very effective.

It's 5am and I have just finish exPressing my milk...

Btw I have extra frozen ebm to give away for a small token.. Anyone interested pls pm me. ThAnks!

Hi mommy, I will add u to fb asap. My son is sick now so not able to log in to fb to update .

Using iPhone now. But keep adding request .

En Xuan, can try looking for Mrs Wong at Thomsom Medical. went to consult her a few times when I had my first one. She'll help u with the latching. Think 90ml every 2 hrs is quite a lot fir a one week old. And drink more fluids to increase supply too!

Think for my 1st one, my nipples were sire for 2-3weeks. Use medals nipple gel or squeeze some bm after feeding and apply on nipple.

Joanne, I find that it helps when I talk to baby when I'm doing stuff. Like mama's gg to bathe u now. Washing ur hands.. Washing ur neck. Gg to throw away your diaper. I even told her that she shld sleep at nite then will grow up faster and I'll have more milk for her. And it's true that u'll get better with practice. For my 1st one I was also stressed and depressed. Most of it is the hormones. And the part abt being a first time mom. Not really prepared to handle a baby and having less time for ourselves. Things will get better soon when they are older. Jia you!

Hi Fel

Yap i give colic drops to baby. I feel so bad after throwing temper at baby yesterday , i shouted at him which make his cry worse. Feel so bad now but i already hurt his feelings yesterday when he is so helpless sign~

Lee, yes i am feeling worse when i am tired too. my baby is one month and few days old now and i still cant help when baby cry .. Need to be stronger and control my temper better ..feel so lousy and mad at myself

Hi Mummies,

Wow...this moo moo career is indeed very challenging. This is my 9th day and struggling with milking schedule. Almost gave up on BF.

Update:

ADD 1 mar

Weight 2.71kg

Name: Kate Neo (1st child)

Kindly add me in fb? [email protected]

Tks!!

En_Xian: like u I also still experiencing pain with the wound especially my tear is quite long. I also dun dare to pee initially but now is better but dun dare to poo.

Did u deliver at tmc? Heard that they have classes on bfeeding, might want to attend. If nt I rem one of the mummies in the forum seek another lactation consultant which is quite good at tangling mall.

Have you join the feb fb private chat? Perhaps can get more advice and support from there?

Agree that moomoo career is really nt easy. I am struggling with latching and usually will pump out instead. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Went PD today, BB gal put on 600g over 1 week and weighs 5.1kg now.

Took the 6-1, pneumoccocal jab and rotavirus.. total 395

Joanne, dun be disappointed in urself.. i'm also a first time mommy.. when my boy was 2-3 weeks old.. he refuses to latch properly, out of fustration, i also scolded him.. =( happens when we're emotionally drained.. is ur hubby around to help? if you can't take your bb's crying, ask ur hubby to help carry your BB while u take a breather..

regarding baby crying while bathing.. maybe the water temp too cold for baby? whenever i bath my boy, he always looked damn scared and will cry terribly.. for 4-5 weeks, he nvr enjoyed his bath time with me.. until few days ago, i increase the water temperature a little.. before i put my boy into the water, i will splash a bit of water onto his chest.. then lower his legs into the water first to let him know i'm lowering him into the water.. then slowly place his whole body into the water.. and he didnt cry.. he looked at me looking very scared, but he didnt cry.. and finally relax and enjoyed the warm bath.. maybe you can try..

Hi,

I have a COMBI infant car seat (combi cs9-ifx) in grey and maroon color, excellent condition as good as new (9.5/10). I am staying in Tampines, open for viewing if you are keen. Please PM me with reasonable price. =)

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5198708.jpg]

I agree with toffeecat, talk to your baby before and during bath, was told by my CL that keeping quiet when bathing baby will scare him.

I only learnt to bathe my boy 2 days before CL left, almost dropped him cos he struggled. It takes lots of practice, you will get a hang of it and will enjoy the process eventually [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Now my boy enjoys his bath time, he likes splattering and kicking the water =)

HI Elekos,Toffee & Gina

Thanks for all the advise. Yesterday my in law went to stay over with me because hubby is no night shift things are better le

My In law also taught me how to bath baby =) Ya i think water is too cold earlier. I need to talk to baby more often so he will feel get familiar with my voice.

Nexts Jia You together .! I am better now hope will be ok soon!

Hi Feb Mummies,

Sorry to disturb. I wonder if any mummies has any massage lady to recommend. If yes, please pm me. My edd is late march but my massage lady already fully book so now finding alternative. Thank You.

Woah!!! I have away for so long... Didn't expect being a new mom can change my life so drastically! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Thanks for all ur advise n suggestion, though I didn't reply due to my drastic busy life now... I do still read n make changes towards ur advise n suggestion :p

Baby Javier has gone for his jaundice level checkup. Thank God it went down to 120 and his eyes r not yellow already. Nurses ask me if wan to check again next week as ideal level is below 100. I tell her nvm la, since dropping den we jus sunshine him daily... Haix, I see them poke his feet daily my heart bleeds... When he crys , I cried too... Didn't dare carry him, scare my hands tremble... So Hubby carried him n I stand beside..

Now, with this baby in my life, I barely sleep 5 hrs a day, I manage to catch some sleep ard 4am to 8am only when Hubby takes over the night shift feeding... Super exhausted!

Now my stiches still hurt though it's like almost 10 days!!!! But, not as bad as initial.. But my tailbone is still aching badly. I wonder if the epidural have done some damage? Cos I jerked slightly when they insert in. Which I have been warned nt to move or tense. But, I'm in pain badly before epidural n shivering already... So I can't really help not jerking. Haix...

Now having bad cough... Dare not really talk to baby or kiss him. Seems like no end of trouble n problems for me... Manage to curb my itch as I gotten cream from polyclinic already. But doc says might no be epidural as it shd be more generalize in the areas of itch if it's the case. But mine only at legs n thigh area... She dun know what it is but jus give anti itch cream. It's seems effective.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Now, my milk supply seems to be stay put at 150ml / 6 hrs..: jus manage to pump that amt n no more... My nipples r so sore n painful... Btw, my boy poos very yellowish, watery and frequently. Almost ten times a day... Is it something wrong w my BM? After each pump I place in fridge n warm it up. But remainder I keep back in fridge n mix with new ones to feed him again. Is it ok? Cos I dun have enough BM and dun wan to waste it...

Haix... I'm so busy that even bb birth Cert haven make... Think next week den have time... Now, I need to wait for all my ailments to go off first... Cough, painful stiches, aching tailbone... These r bad enough to mAke going out a suffer n burden!

How r u mommies getting along? Fang fang, terrylyn, wishchild, moo moo, joanne, eleckos...etc

Hey en_Xuan same as u my tailbone is also aching and my stitches are still pain + suffef from consti. Today is the 8th day already. Hope it will get better soon. My ms is also quite low. I pump every 2-3hrs and so far for both side are arnd 50-70ml only. The PD say bb poo will be watery and yellowish if bf and will poo quite a lot.

Do try to rest more!

Dear En Xuan, I personally found it easier to let the baby latch on so my milk supply is better. I feel my let down is more when baby latches on. I have problems w my girl not wanting to drink often. Smaller appetite. Another suggestion. Can ask Malay massage lady to come n massage the breasts as well to stimulate more milk. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Jia you!

The poo is more watery n often for breastfed babies. No need to worry. Have problem sitting down last week. Today is day 13 and finally I can sit, feeling a little sore but no painkillers. Don't worry. The wound will heal more n u will feel better.

Hi mummies,

Advise needed, my boy takes 2 hours of patting before he sleep. I goin back to the work force soon, how am I going to cope. By the time he sleeps is 2 plus in the morning. In the day he slept in the sarong, does this affect his sleeping patten in the night as well???

Hi Mummies,

Any mummy deliver in Raffless Hospital? can share the total bill that need to pay? and what are the packing list that we need to bring to hospital?

btw, any mummy can share about your postnatal massage package? like price, the massage lady services, etc... thank u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

HI EnXuan

Ya baby change my life drastically also but i am slowly coping better le hope u are too!

Now can slowly understand and try to know my babys pattern and needs from the crying. Still learning but baby wet my bed so often whenever i change diapers, got bigger changing mat but still got shoot when i change diapers heez . Nottie Boi..

Ya my bb stool is also watery and yellowish that is normal for bb who drink breast milk, i buy a small tin of formula also, maybe will start giving baby formular at nites , but need to finish the tin 3 weeks after opening, i threw away one tin almost left 3/4 full for 900ml size coz it's past 3 weeks . =X so get a smaller tin to standby now =)

Hi all mummies!

I have new black colour Baby Bjorn Synergy (Baby carrier) to let go at just $220...

Mothercare/Kiddy Palace is selling $299.

Pls PM me if interested! Thanks!

en xuan, first time mommy here too.. my life also change drastically.. i so wanted to put him back in my tummy for the first 3 weeks.. he's 6 weeks old now, i'm beginning to read and observe his signs better now and give him what he wants.. and i'm coping better as time slowly pass.. you can do it too! jiayou!

joanne, my boy also always shoots his pee out when we change his diaper.. haha.. next time, try putting a cloth or pieces or tissues on his penis when changing diaper.. so that his pee wont shoot everywhere next time, it will at most wet the tissue.. hehe

En Xuan, do you take out warm the whole bottle of milk and remaining put back in fridge after feed? For milk that is already warmed cannot put back in fridge anymore, need to finish it or throw away. Also, once taken out of fridge cannot mix with new ones in the fridge.

Massage lady - YEN 9783-6067

Chinese TCM post-natal massage

I would recommend the Chinese massage lady that I am engaging now, quite effective and knowledgeable

Hi mummies

I no longer latch my bb and hence do not need my Breastfeeding pillow anymore. It is still very new. I still have the original packaging. Pls email me at [email protected] if you are keen. Thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Joanne and giNa, try getting waterproof mats to line on the bed and then put the changing mat.

At least baby will only wet the mat not the bed ;)

Back