(2011/02) Feb 2011

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Princess31. I have been calling my experienced friends since day 1 due to this bfeeding issue. I made a reluctant decision of supplementing with FM when nothing was dripping out of my breasts in the first few days. Even right now, I am still trying to latch on, then pump, and use FM so that bebe will not go hungry.

I totally agree that it's so easy to give up on bfeeding cos it's like fighting an uphill battle. So glad to hear that there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Ecinki: any signs of popping?

En_Xuan: Guess by now you have popped?

Mummies: been having lots of stomach tightening especially when the more I walk, the harder walking becomes but when I sit down, it became better. Just wondering is this considered contraction or just BH?

10pm admit to delivery suite to insert pill n moniter baby heart beat... No contraction n pain, except little backache... Feeling very hungry!

1245am finished monitering bb heart beat n need to admit to ward.

1am Called Hubby from ward to update him n ask him to bring me go eat. Super hungry! Sneak out to eat Kitcheners Road " scissor cut curry " rice. 

230am Back into ward, still nothing... Surf facebook n watch tv...

440am Start feeling terrible backache more frequently but stomach not pain... Keeps feeling like want to poo... 

5am Very pain contractions n backache , heard n feel a pop sound softly down below... And secs later, I feel wet below. Went to toilet check, got blood. Inform nurse, they tell me to wait till either 7 plus got bed at delivery suite or waterbag burst... since I don't want epidural. So, I waited in pain in my ward alone.. Inform hubby n he say he will come in at 7am since he can't come to the ward now... 

7:30/ 8am Too painful! Contraction every 4 mins n getting intense, request nurse to give pain relief. Reached Labour ward n inform Hubby room number n see in 5 mins. Whining in pain.

11am Doctor check n 3cm dilated, only option left is epidural. Decided on it as I'm already too painful. Even when doctor check, I scream n ask her stop. 

After epidural , felt so numb n exhausted.. Dose off n wake up once in a while to check on my cervic. 

5pm Doctor John Tee visit me & I'm 6 to 7 cm dilated.

7pm Fully dilated n Doctor John informed. No pain yet n total numbness

7:30pm Epidural no more effect, am feeling pain n more pain as it goes

9pm Total pain n couldn't control , keeps whining, crying n contract... Baby head only can see abit. Hubby keeps encouraging me but I'm totally in pain. Vomiting a lot of time.. During this time, I told the nurse... I give up! Pls put me on GA n just take BB out...   

10pm Doc John came and help me. Realizing I'm quite weak to push, he tried asking me to push & he "snap". Didn't really feel it as I'm already too pain... 

Afew hard push still nothing, he "pump" my chest n stomach hard while I pushed. Baby finally came after one hard long push!! First word to my hubby & doctor after pushing Baby out was: "Dear, quick take it away! Very slimy n scary!" Baby didn't really cry.. Doc n nurse quickly attend to him. Realizing im bleeding alot, Doc John left  Baby to nurse & quickly sew me up....Was totally dead n exhausted till I don't even ask to see baby. As i have alot of fluid still in my body, Doctor John keeps pumping my fluid out. He quite worried n fast. Hubby stay by my side to accompany me as im really totally gone, Just lie there "dead". Whine n Shivering back during stiching up.     

@ Chocz: didn't see ur advise earlier... If I did, it will be easier for me...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

@terralyn: usually sitting should worsen the contraction during labor... Jia you! Your turn soon....

@En Xuan: Your birth story sounds really painful but now the baby is beside you. Congrats! I just got discharged yesterday and now my place is a mad house between the newborn and the 2 older kids.

Congrats En Xuan.. seems like you had a tough time. dont worry take your time to bond with baby.

sometimes the loving feeling will come later for some mummies..

rest well for now.

Hi Terrylyn, going to see gynae in a while. Last night ard 11plus experience menses cramps that come and go. Din keep track until 4am. Quite regular interval of 15-20mins but only menses cramp and aching tailbone. There's no tummy pain thou. Will see wat gynae says later. Hope I have dilated. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummy, anyone use Medela freestyle ? Wonder whether we should sterilize the whole parts after each use? Or sterilize once in the day and the rest use boiling water wash and keep into the container ok Leow?

Hi Jolin,

Mine drinks 100ml of expressed breast milk every 2 and a half hours. But then again, mine is extra large baby.

Baby's doctor advised not to give more than 20 to 30ml of water a day, even if you are using fm.

Princess,

I am seriously tempted to switch to Fm because I still have difficulty latching baby on. Or rather, he falls asleep at the breast after just one or two min of feeding, then when i put him down, he wants to start again... and this can go on for a long time! and it is seriously very inconvenient to be pumping 7 times a day, esp with a toddler in the house that also needs taking care of, along with the baby. Even with a helper I am finding this situation very challenging!

FangFang:thanks for the feedback, guess what I experience is probably just BH.

Ecinki: thats great guess your turn is coming real soon! Keep us update!

this time round, i have more ms than my previous preg. but the thing is, baby always drink half way and fell asleep and sometimes esp during the day and evening, he can drink almost every 1-2 hours till i started to have sore nipples.

today we just tried giving bottle. 60-70ml and he zzz soundly for at least 3 hours for each feed. though it still takes some effort in making him to finish drinking fr the bottle, it is still easier and faster than latch on. i miss latching on the baby and it also save the time in squeezing the milk out... and with a tod around, i need to get my maid to look aft my tod as she will disturb me when i squeeze or feed the baby...

and i used up one compartment of my freezer and running out of bottles to store my ebm... i think there are about 20 bottles / feeds in my freezer... CL told me i can give to my tod.. haha..

En Xuan - Congrats! Yours was a prettyblong process but am sure you find it's all worth the effort after seeing your bundle of joy.

Terrylyn - no news from you... Have you popped?

Re breastfeeding, it's really no easy task. I am suffering from sore nipples, dry and cracked skin now. Tried pumping for first time this morning and get about 50ml in total after an hour's job! Very tempted to give FM. Any mummies doing partial bf? How's your schedule like?

Mummies, i have a question... after sterilisation, there are water vapours on the bottle and pump. is it alright to use it or i need to dry with cloth/ tissue?

@Princess31: Sure! I just bought a GNC fenugreek from 1 of the mummy in the forum. Now waiting for her to mail it to me. Hope I'll receive it before my MS totally gone & hope it'll help! But anyway I had a hot herbal bath this evening & my MS increases a bit. Hee hee.. In fact I saw milk dripping out during the shower & I got panic! I was thinking in my heart my MS already very limited edition liao, if it drips out will be even more limited. =/

and i used up one compartment of my freezer and running out of bottles to store my ebm... i think there are about 20 bottles / feeds in my freezer... CL told me i can give to my tod.. haha..

moomoo73

if you dry it with cloth of tissue then wont it defeat the purpose of sterilising? just shake off the water before use.

last time i used PISA to pump and very little milk. dont be deceived. u cant pump out much milk does not mean when you latch your bb, your bb wont get much. usually you will pump slightly less than latch on.

this is my 2nd preg. so fr my exp, pump / drain out whatever milk to increase bm. i used to take fenugreek but it helped v little. i think drink plenty of liquid and rest more and draining out the milk will help. oh i am taking Wincanis. after taking a table spoon, i dont feed / pump for the nxt 3 hours. it helps in having deeper zzz and ms.

Reverie - u are right abt defeating the purpose. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Oh, I too have wincanis, will try that later..

Moomoo: no sign yet! Tml gg see gynae,will see what he says. Hopefully bb is ready by tonight! Been doing lots of walking these few days.

hi feb mommies, we are very active on facebook group. please pm or email me your details

Name on face book

email

smh nick

where in sg u stay (eg. bedok , amk , sengkang ...)

we are sharing alot or lobangs and advice on facebook. lots of baby photos as well. Do join us . it is a close group discussion so its only us. hubbies are not reading...

Hi Mummies,

Sorry to intrude, i have a BN bottle of GNC fenugreek (200 capsules) for sale at $35(neg). Expiry 05/2014.

Pm me if you are keen.

Thanks!

Hi Feb mummies, I have been a long time silent reader of this thread.

Just had my first child, Clover, born on Feb 5. She seems to be suffering from silent reflux - unable to vomit out her feed so stomach acid is stuck in throat. Does anyone have any experience dealing with this and can share?

went PD yesterday, baby gal is now 4.5kg, up 1.6kg at 5 weeks 5 days.

but mummy is still 4kg heavier than 3 years ago.. or 5.5kg heavier than pre-preg... frown..

Seeing my pd tomorrow. Hopefully he can give her something to help soothe her. It's breaking my heart to see her so uncomfortable after feeding. Had to introduce a pacifier to let her suck and generate more saliva to soothe herself [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

bigflamingo

don't give up! can supplement a bit. what i do is i alternate between latching and pumping. when i pump, CL gives ebm. u can get yr helper to feed when u are pumping?

J is in full day or half day sch? K is in half day sch so that helps in managing two of them too...

join our FB grp! lemme know yr email addy and I'll ask the moderators to add. lots of drama and activity there. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi mommies,

those who email me. do try to add me as friend in facebook before i can add you in the feb mommies group.

facebook email [email protected]

Name : Nicole Nic

once you are in the facebook group . look on the right hand side for Documents. there is a list to match facebook names with forum names.

We are super active on facebook.

Thanks cnicole for adding...i'm in the group already...

hi all mummies,

I've been a silent reader all along...posted v long time back so not sure how many of u actually remembered me... =D

My EDD is on 19Feb but my lil gal decides to come out on 7Feb. Guess she's the lightest weight baby as she's only 2.358kg when she was born. Natural without epi.

I'm currently breastfeeding her too...and it can be really tiring...

hoping to know more mummies here and share tips and stories... =) jiayou all~

Hello... I am new here... My son was born on 1 Feb... I am Feb mummy... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Can you add me on fb, too? My email is [email protected]. Thanks... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pinksorbet. my babies were 1.77kg and 2.095kg when born ....

mommies .. continue to add me in facebook so you can join our group there.

Jolin : have added you as friend pls confirm

Cnicole,

Sorry but I didn't see your request, but i have managed to see your profile, does that mean I added you already? Or can you try to send me e request again? Thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back