(2011/02) Feb 2011

@Geri - woah u rly very DIY haha.. admire u, i too lazy to DIY..ya its the fabric, i suppose if u can get 95% with 5% spandex or some stretch factor it will work..

Btw, i went to gynae today, 28w2d and baby is alr 1.312kg (from 804g 4 wks back)!!! omg.. i also put on abt 9kg in total alr.. i can totally feel her weight.. and bb was busy moving her mouth and gulping ammoniotic fluid (I think) haha.. hope she suckles well during breastfeeding!

I bought quite alot of bb clothes by joining the sprees online due to the Black Fri sale.. but only one set was 3M.. e rest were 6M or 9M.. scared ppl outgrow v fast.. but anyhow still need small clothes right? too loose and bb will be cold

Sleepywrap instructions (how to make it) I re-posted it into a doc on our FB group page. =D

ping ping, is the stroller reversible? i saw the poster and it says usual price $476, but i think if i am not wrong i saw below $300 before. Quite deceptive but then $238 is still a very good price with the organizer. The avent pacifier caught my attention at $7, it quite a big discount but we already bought it at $13.90 a while ago. sigh

Ya i know geri did mention diy... Bt i asked my fren to gv me sleepy wrap last mnth n she said maybe next year... Yipppeeee... Just a little somethng cheer me up n bb... Maybe will need to ferry him ard more soon alone...

Zanta... PM me ur email addy hahaha. I send u the before after photo. Cannot post here la... no face see people XD

YJHL... Hehehe. I DIYed my own wedding also. Made the flower girl's dresses and my bouquet, corsages etc etc etc and the flower arch that we walked under. I am very itchy fingers to do art and craft. At 3, Kae made up some song saying "Mummy is an art and craft maker. She will teach you art and craft to do." XD It is on Youtube...

I had to stifle my laughter... ^.^"""

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fuom2r_4yM

Kae singing TELL LAURA at around 3 also. His fav song then... :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74AAZHw3i4

A short video I made for fun ( was waiting for hubby to finish work then) with our pre-wedding photos in 2008...

@ FEI POO & ZANTA

Some of them were taken underwater. =) My friends used a special flash (for taking fashion spreads... not the usual stuff) that they loaned so that it would be bright enough (not murky) underwater.

Also I did A LOT of DI to get the photos to look nicer. The Nonya tiles in the background for some of the pics made it very painful coz I had to make sure the tiles didn't warp LOL. Then I DI-ed away my watch that I forgot to take off. Hahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-kDpY8Y1Z4

@zantarina: avent electric single pump bundle pack is $235 with nipple cream, nipple protector, washable breast pad and breast shield included. There is extra free gift with purchase over $100 and also sure win lucky draw.

@cherry: baby clothes, receiving blanket and milk powder are cheaper in m'sia. Diapers are almost the same price as here.

Cnicole-

Thanks for making us admins =)

Unicorn-

Adoi. Yea, I think it is good to have ur hubby speak to ur uncle because her question is very disturbing, not just inappropriate. =p I'd be worried if any kid ask me a question like me coz I'd be wondering what the heck is she being exposed to online/ on TV etc.

I guess she feels lonely and she wants to get to know people but not really good at making small talk? I do feel a bit for her lah coz in a way, Kae had to get to know Ian's family and vice versa too. And I guess the diff is Kae is actually a very sweet & likeable kid.

Perhaps if she asks questions like that again at a gathering, change subject and ask her something else. Perhaps she is asking questiosn like that to get attention... ^.^"

hi girls,

add me in facebook too

www.facebook.com/vickikoh

i went to expo on friday and it's super crowded!!!!!!! things are not cheap oso........ just in case u wanna buy those cute cute brib n carter romper........ dun buy at the fair..... walk to hall 3(i think) as there's flea market megasale. tons of brib n bb clothes..... brandnew and cheaper than the motherhood fair =)

Hi Geri, I have been using the SA8 since I got married in 2005. It's perfect for washing everyone's clothing including new born baby when my son was born. So I didn't need to buy separate detergent/powder. It's enzyme washing so it really gets rid of sweat,saliva,other human protein like blood stains real easily.

So for my number two, I am also using this. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thanks girls for adding me in fb =)

For baby bedding set:

i think the cheapest is from AUSSINO.

they r made from 100% cotton n the designs are so cute!!!!!!!

they launch 1 or 2 new design every 3 months. Once they lanuch the new design, the previous design will be at 50% off (sometimes they dun advertise, so u gotta ask the sales person got 50% off or not)

After 50% off it's around $42 per set, includes bedsheet, pillow, bumper, comforter, booster......

Our_First_Baby: Yeah this is my 1st week. Haha you wont get bored, to us we find it quite entertaining throughout the lesson. =)

wow the thread suddenly seems to be moving quite fast even on a sat! =P

Geri, I have lost the thread that u mention about soap n shampoo that are suitable for baby. That do not sting the eyes. Can tell me the name of the product again? Thank u..

nothing much in expo it's dominated by cordlife, pigeon, avent, Huggies, prudential, ntuc and motherhood so if u have nothing to buy from them no need go down. I only remember once I enter kena pester by cordlife salesperson, I turned right kena pester by motherhood magazine. I go straight in after it kena pester by prudential agents Tulan Liao turn left kena pester by ntuc income agents then I left the hall. So many of the agents down there damn sian. I think most of the crowd at cordlife booth the others quite empty

Wanted to go parenthood fair but decided against coz I heard parking very very tough. So I will just buy my pigeon stuff at kiddy palace. 20% off.

For the breast pad 72 pc box, what is the usual price ah? I saw at isetan $13.90 before discount. Then at kiddy palace $13.90 after 20% discount and my sis in law bot $11.30 after discount at one of the baby fairs.

Went motherhood fair last evening. Nothing much there. Only ended up with 2 packets of Goon diapers $14 each (U.P. $21). Not exactly worth going considering the terrible parking and horrible crowd from Sitex. With people bumping around, and people who don't watch their way when walking/dashing around, I got rather pissed off while inching my way to the hall!!

Though alot of brands are there like Pigeon, Medela, Baby Bjorn, Spring maternity, Cordlife, etc. But to me, these are available at other places too. Currently many places having discount for baby brands too.

And i agree with OFB, there are way too many agents there. Once u walk into the hall, they haunt u like bees. Very irritating! Worse still, my hubby still will stop and listen to them. I am a very impatient person, so it is a very unpleasant process for me.

** mami B (mophie):

I bought pigeon breast pads 72pcs box at $13.90 at NTUC after discount. I guess the price is around there.

By the way, anyone bought or know where to buy coconut fibre mattress? I heard it is good for baby's spine growth. Is it true?

kittyki: i got my coconut fibre mattress at the previous taka baby fair.... i comes with the cot by bonbebe. u can do a search on ricio cot. taka sell individual but quite ex....

it's firm n harder than normal foam mattress, guess that why it says it is good for spine..... and it's cooling too......

Mummies and daddies

Thanks for sharing abt the fair! OFB, these fairs are liddat one. Always gotta siam agents. I put on my do-not-even-try face and walk v fast. Reject all the free stuff they try to tempt u with. Sometimes got some low-end spas there trying to sell packages too. But usually there are free mags and free bb stuff that might be useful, eg nestle bibs, from the real bb product sellers.

Anyone managed to get the free 1l kodomo bath gel?

Breast pads

I used to stock up mine from CChoon @ Chinatown. Can't remember exactly but think around $12. I still have a couple of boxes cos only stopped bfdg older one 5 mths ago.

Slings

Wonder if any seller at expo. Wanna get one manduca type as a gift for friend's bb coming out soon.

Eviangal

Wondering whether to get newborn Huggies to redeem hugtown caterpillar. But need so many other pink stamps wondering if I should just buy the toy or ask for it as a gift. Haha.

trinklet: haha i got the free kodomo bath.......lol....

but i dun use it cos very. drying n i dun like the smell... can use as hand wash and toys lor

oh there free kodomo bath? i never see them distributing it le... i was there at about 12.30pm for about 30 mins...

i admit i fallen to motherhood salesperson but i think it's quite a good buy lor. 1 year subscription for $50 and they give me like 2x goodie bag. Damn heavy to carry home. Interesting part is we still have like 2.5 years of subscription with motherhood so we extended another year to get the goodie bag. If you all want to sign can still do so,, still got 2 hours hee ... the sales probably not so good int he first few days so last day they giving x2 goodie bag.

For $50 subcription, i got 2 bottles of kodomo shampoo, 2 bottles of kirei kirei handwash, 2 bottles of shobu...(dunno how to spell) body wash, 6 small kodomo mini travel bottle (got bath, lotion powder and shampoo), a pigeon weaning fork and spoon, 6 small bottles of sanitiser spray, 4 x 200ml packets of UIC detergents and handwash, 2 x 40pcs of wipes, 4 sample pcs of huggies pull up diapers, some heinz packet drinks, 2 bottle of minieral bottle, 1 box of brown rice for baby, some sweets and tibits, 2 small bottle of HIPP pumpkin for baby, 4 packets of powder drinks, 1 issue of motherhood childcare magazine, nov issue of motherhood magazine, nov issue of baobei magazine and some v stupid things. I think overall recoup the $50 also.. haha

Visha, i also bought it from the previous taka fair. I got the $499 package not the ricio type. Got it delivered to us last weekend, i forgot to ask about the color, did you ask for color? they gave me a blue color coconut husk mattress, a green baby snuggle (didn't like green!) and well we did choose our bedding set. I didn't really like the bedding set, but then it's free so take. we went down to mothercare bought the bumper and coverlet for $90+ when they have 70% off (still too expensive), walk passed aussino bought the little house design bedding set for $43 look so good and so cheap, walk pass kiddy palace went in and buy the bucketwheet pillow and 1 bean pillow so now we are like overstocked with bumpers and pillows and bedding set etc. LOL

Zanta and Geri, after my no.1 stretch marks appear, i totally give up. cuz once its here, it won't go away, unless plastic/cosmetic surgery. i don't really like to apply lotions cuz i pespire easily and my skin will be very sticky which i hate it. on the other hand, sometimes im proud to have it. whenever i see it, i'll miss the times when my baby kicking inside. so ironic. LOL! currently waiting to see if new ones will appear. cuz i only start to have around 8th month when i have no.1

visha, added you. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wow.. alot of mummies went to the fair shopping! im quite stuck at home and hardly goes out cuz its super tiring to bring a 1yo and a big tummy out. sian...

Breastpad

I only use washable cuz all the pigeon, avent disposable makes me itch. I prep alot during my no.1 days, end up all need to let go cheaply.

anyone can post the FB link page of feb mtb?

@Jeanie: You made having stretch mark sounds so sweet.. Haha.. Yup, it's true that the stretch marks will remind us of when the bb is inside us when they out to this world.

@OFB: Wow.. The 2 bags must be very heavy to lug back home.. And 1 thing for sure is, you are v on le!! Then you took mrt or cab back home? You never buy 1 pkt of Goon diaper to try?

@Grace: Thanks for your info but too bad, I didn't get to go down this time round. Will have to source for it somewhere else.. Did you bought the bundle pack?

@Geri: I just watched your montage on youtube and I realised Kae really look like you alot especially when you were still a lil one (dunno how old, maybe 3-5yo). He has your face shape and eyes especially..

I had pm you btw..

@PreciousBabi: Did you receive my email?

our first baby: i haven ask then to deliver because my room very small...lol.... jan then ask them to deliver the cot...... i agree their free bedding set is louya...lol.....

i oso buy the pink house design from aussino becos cheap n good.... and i have start using the small pillow for myself..... to support my tummy when i sleep =)

2 sets of bedding is good enough la.... dun buy too much...haha

Haha ya it's v heavy .. I took the train. It will be quite sad if i have to end up taking cab. Trying to get some discout but ended up spending more on transport. Haha

Whats goon diaper? Dont know about that brand I'm trying to get out once I got the 2 bags.

visha ... I ask them to deliver earlier originally plan in Jan too but I need the dimension to buy the extra coversheet so get them deliver. I saw the prices for bolster, pillows and fitted sheet etc add up is v expensive, I think it makes sense to pay $43 at for the whole set at aussino instead of buy extra covers. It's not much different haha. My wife choose the pink little house too heehee

Any MTB attended Wong Boi Boi course today? Attended my first session with hubby at 3pm today and tot that she was quite good.

Gynae appt tomorrow..

What this FB thing?

Hi there, I'm back from my short trip... It was a good getaway although short. I did some "exercise" too, with all the climbing of stairs at the resort.. There was no elevator and my room is located on level 3!

Too tired to go expo but reading from the reviews, I guess I didn't miss much.. Recently, my tummy is getting harder and sometimes can be painful... 3 more mths to go!

Wish-

Sudzy. It's by Amway. I tried several brands but went back to it because Kae's hair stays softer, smells nicer and his eyes doesn't sting. One bottle lasts long enough since kids only need a little shampoo each time. We buy it directly coz we are Amway members. If you want to tompang and buy, let me know. Alternatively you can ask your friends who might be in Amway to get it for you. =)

Jeanie-

It will fade lah… lol. Not disappear but fade. I don't like lotions but some of these oils absorb quite fast. I like the Bodyshop Olive Oil but no more le. They still have the Passion Fruit Oil I think? Their Body oil absorbs fast. =)

Like you, I view them stretchmarks as a mummy's badge of honour and love. ^.^

I have some new ones near the joint between my thigh and my privies. I was a bit sian but hubby said nm lah… cannot see and said I was still his beautiful wife. Yay. Was telling Kae I felt sad coz looking back at my 2005-2008 photos I was much slimmer. He said, "It's ok mummy. You still look good." God bless his little heart. Hehe.

Breastpad-

At home, to save money coz I didn't buy many washable breast pads and saved those for going out, I folded those china towels to stuff into bra instead. Lol. Cheaper, easy to wash and dry. Lol.

Zanta- Yea! Kae really does look like a younger me right? Cept I was chubbier hahaha.

OFB- Goon diaper is from Japan and endorsed by the Japanese royal family. Supposed to be quite good.

Joan- FB is Facebook…. Feb Forum Mummies have a Facebook group =)

Moomoo- Yea when tummy is hard, I walk like a snail lol. Uncomfy.

Avoiding crowds… earlier on we were at Marina Square and this lady swung her big, hard handbag into my tum whilst tummy was uncomfy. Sianz. Then the other day, some guy swung his big sling bag with wheels into Kae's face when we were at a foodcourt. He did it quite suddenly so Kae wasn't prepared to siam. Almost caught his eyes. And he only apologized when I glared at him. =p Kae is at the height where he can easily kenah elbowed by adults. Not fun for him. Haha.

Hi Joan Sim,

The hubby and I were at Mrs Wong's class at 3pm today too! I agree it was a good class, quite entertaining and pretty informative. She is undoubtedly qualified and knows what she's talking about. The only thing we kinda disagreed with her on is the level of exercise we preggies can do...when she mentioned that we shouldn't walk for more than half and hour at a stretch the hubby and I were giggling to ourselves, cos last week we went walking for exercise twice- we climbed Bt Timah hill on the public hol (abt 5-6km uphill climb), and walked Macritchie reservoir on Sunday (3.2km). The Bt Timah climb took us about 3 hours including trail hiking from Rifle Range rd to the hill itself. So much for not walking for over half and hour and not raising my cardiac output, haha. So I really don't think we need to be THAT restrictive with our physical activities, but *DISCLAIMER* the hubby and I are both doctors so we think we know what we're doing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Other than that it was a good class. I thought it was great how she debunked alot of the pregnancy old wives' tales, the cannot eat this cannot eat that cannot wash hair theories straight out the window [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Won't be at next Sunday's class cos will be in KL with hubby who's attending a conference there, so will be doing a makeup this Tues evening instead. Should be there the following Sunday tho.

Hihi everyone...

- Baby fair: We were there yesterday too! being the slackers that we are, we were quite happy with it cos we finally bought some stuff ...got the 199 pigeon steriliser pack that came with some BPA-free bottles.. did u ladies read the papers yesterday? Europe's going to ban bottles that contain BPA.. The auntie at the pigeon booth was quite cute, she dragged my poor unsuspecting hubby back to her counter after we've paid up and made him open up the bag and proceeded to throwing in loads of samples of breast pads, cooling pads, wet wipes, etc..

stretchmarks - i'm so far still spared from them *touchwood* but I had to go deface my tummy today when i was doing my ironing.. think still not used to hving big tummy so i slided the iron too near and kena scorched.. sigh.. now got an ugle red line across my tummy.. Ouch!

gynae visit - just went for my 30 wk scan yesterday... baby is weighing in at 1.6kg.. next visit onwards will be fortnightly visits.. yeah.. more chances to see the baby

MILs - Felpoo, reverie: sorry to hear abt ur MILs from hell! I know it will be easier said than done, but perhaps the biggest snub u can give to them is to live happily and blissfully with ur hubby and kids.. show them that all the nasty things they say won't get u down and make u miserable... so maybe next time they are mean to u, try to shrug it off and go hv fun with ur hubby and kids, laugh loudly in their presence if possible!!

facebook - err.. i'm not on facebook leh.. i'm one of those who's resisting a sign-up.. so if u ladies got anything interesting, dun forget to post here too can??

Zantarina, like Geri, I view those marks as honor. Its like reminding me that I've started a new phase in life. Since can't get rid of it, might as well accept it. So mummies dun be sad if stretch marks appears.

Geri, i know it'll fade to those whitish lines. I've got some on

my lower back due to puberty times. And some at thighs too! Plus some at boobs... Due to engorgement during bf.. Hubby also say nvm.. Hehe

Your idea on using hankies as breastpad is good! I rem some

mummies also mention such method. Cost saving and more comfy..

Is your tummy alright? Now tum tum bigger must be careful. How old is kae? Both must be careful! Some ppl are used to making big actions..

M

Cherry-

PMed you =)

Lol. I walked a lot too. I think the reason that she asked people to walk less could be that some ladies are less fit whilst others are susceptible to varicose veins from standing up too long. =)

I notice that I did not have reddish varicose line veins when I had Kae, but maybe because I am heavier this time around, I seem to be getting them. They appear when I stand and walk for too long. Horrifying for me. =p But since I am wearing tights and jeans a lot these days (no energy to do leg hair removal lol), I can close one eye about it. I've read that it will fade after pregnancy. Believing it to be so.

Do share some of those interesting Mrs Wong pointers here so those who are not attending antenatal class can have a glimpse of what is being taught. =)

We attend the KKH one, it isn't too bad but maybe because this is not my first kid, I find that I know most of the stuff they were discussing in the initial few classes. The course is more to benefit my hubby as this is his first baby. Kae was 2 plus when we got together.

I have to say that this doesn't mean I know it all also lol... with Kae, I was checked into the hospital and induced. This means that for this child, it will be the first time I will experience natural childbirth right from the start. I am not totally sure of what to expect hahaha.

It is nice that you and your hubby are doctors and so you will not run around like headless chickens. Being more informed is definitely an asset.

Geri

I remember one thing very clearly. Mrs Wong says Bird Nest has little nutrition and the only thing she noticed is the baby has better complexion. Haha Don't tell me that because we had already spent $600 on Bird Nest.

Kinder- Dun worry. Post both ways. I did post some of the other lists etc again on FB for easy reference coz they get lost in the forums. Lol.

OUCH about the tummy kenah-ing the iron. Oh dear. Must have been so painful!!!

OOOH can't wait for fortnightly visits to start... what's sad is that hubby is flying off on the 10th of Dec to Gold Coast to wrap up for ths Aussie Co-pro 3D film shoot. They ended earlier than planned but because he booked tickets ahead of time, he is having probs trying to get an earlier flight back to SG. He should be able to return by the 15th, but because of the holiday season and the flights being packed, he might only be able to return on the 22nd, which was the day he pre-booked it for. I hope he will not miss the next gynae visit and I hope also that he can get an earlier flight back... it is harder without him around.

Jeanie-

Yea I had boob stretchmarks too when I was expecting Kae hahaha. I had no idea what they were then and it didn't help that my mum exclaimed "WAH! WHY LIKE THAT AH?" Faint. Lol. Thank God for the internet.

My poor hubby has never seen me without stretchmarks before haha and I was still breastfeeding Kae when we were dating. Lol.

Yea the small towels are more absorbent too. I would fold 1 or 2 to stuff my bra each time. Lol. Tak glam but hey, at home mah. =)

My tummy is fine, thanks for asking. The lady basically made a turn when we were in the lift and I couldn't avoid her bag coz I was already standing in the corner.

Kae is 8 going on 9 next May =D

Geri, Jeanie - Yes, ouch ouch!! but it's ok, hopefully the stretchmark cream can help to heal such scars as well... just feeling very silly cos the only marks preggy ladies get are stretchmarks, not iron marks! Geri - Hope ur hubby can get on the earlier flight back... so he's done for trips after this round and can be with u all the way up to Feb??

our_first_baby, cherry - Did Mrs Wong say anything abt codyceps? I spent nearly 500bucks on it liao.. if not effective, then abit heartpain leh... in any case, ur classes seem more interesting than mine at Mt A... we get a different trainer each wk, depending on the topic of the day.. yesterday was abt childbirth and the lady wasn't very informative.. she said we shld feel abt 10 movements from baby each day, but if too many also no good.. but when someone asked why no good, she cldn't really answer. Anyone heard anything like this b4?

Geri, you told your mum your boobs got stretchmarks? Lol. I shy to mention to her. Hehe

Kae is surely a big boy! You bf him for quite long I suppose?

Me gonna use hankies as breastpad this time round. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

kinderbueno, i supposed some teachers are just a walking textbook. They read what's on internet and books and teaches the class so if you asked something more detail, they can't answer. heehee

Zanta

oh my hubby did tell me, after all they are his parents. jus suck it up. of cos he will speak up when necessary.

regarding felpoo, i dont think it is nice to tape the bad mouth conversation and let hubby hear. cos he might ended thinking how come his wife so evil. if your hubby is sensible ( or at least like my hubby who knows very well what kind of parents his parents are) then when you "complain" he should know who is right and wrong.

i also spent more than a thousand on birds nest and cordycep. Can only afford to eat during preg.

i bought fish maw (yu jiao / hua jiao) from hock hua when there was promo. think it was buy 2 tales and get 1 free. i took during confinement. very nice but exp.

Geri: PMed u back [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mrs Wong's class today was largely about the physical aspects of pregnancy. She taught quite a few stretching exercises and yoga poses meant to loosen the hip, shoulder and neck joints, some breathing exercises and taught the hubbies how to massage our arms to reduce the water retention. Abit hard to describe them here. She said that these exercises do not raise your heart rate because preggies already have an increased cardiac output so hence heart rate should not be raised during exercise. Walking also should be kept to half an hour or under. I guess this is sound advise for a general audience, where there may be pple with extremely poor levels of fitness or even pple with heart defects. However the hubby and I were talking about it after and we feel it's prob safe to mildly elevate your heart rate as long as you are generally fit with no heart problems. Hehe even ML increases your heart rate significantly for a transient period what!

She also taught us how to get out of bed with minimal stress to our bodies. Basically to get out of bed, turn to your right side, rest your weight on your right elbow, and use your left hand to push off the bed to lift your upper body up. Then swing your legs off the bed and stand up (of course if you sleep on the left side of the bed you can do this on the left as well). She also mentioned that we should sleep on our sides, but sleep propped up on 2 pillows so that if we shift to sleeping on our backs in the middle of the night, our airways are more open in the elevated position and we snore less [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

She also gave a food lecture. Most of it is common sense (ie eat whole grains to feel more full and snack less, eat more veg etc) but the stress was on the importance of consuming enough iron, calcium and folic acid. Ideal weight gain for a person of normal BMI pre preg (below 25 according to her lecture, but strictly speaking normal BMI for Asians is below 22.5) is 11-15kg (eek I have already gained 9kg, at week 29).

Back