(2011/02) Feb 2011

Kinder,

Thanks.

I know need to put Ru yi oil to dispel the stomach wind, but not sure about the usage of baby lotion and baby oil. Hehe.

Thanks for the reply [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jolin: we need to apply baby lotion if the skin is dry. u will notice if the skin is dull.

most babies will have rashes during the 1st 2 months.

will need to apply baby lotion if baby got ezcema.. I'm still applying for my son after his bath daily.

he is using cetaphil cos the cheap type not strong enuf for him.

as for baby oil, I only used when my son had cradle cap..

baby oil is also used for cleaning away the sticky poo poo.. but i wont advise as it is very oily!

regarding ruyi oil.. i dont use it. cos my son skin sensitive will get red spots..

but when he got wind I'll use a bit lah.

I also dont use the talcum powder as the prenatal class advised against it.

Hi Ah Ching,

Thanks for your advice

I see. So it depends on the baby's skin condition, right?

I am quite worried about my bb's skin cos i was told not to eat peanut during pregnancy (cause bad skin) but i just couldn't resist it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Maybe i just stand by 1 bottle of baby lotion first.

Thanks ya

@ Joodz, Kinderbueno & Gredga: Thanks for the kind words. Mebbe wat hubby say is true since boss know I will finish up my thgs, she will push down alot. In fact, tis morning we spoke abt my covering officer & learnt that they will hire a temp but to be truthful, I don't thk a temp can do my work so my colleagues may end up shouldering it. Sigh... Dunno lah...

Btw, mummies.. it seems Desitin & Drapolene is the recommended brand for diaper rash. Can both be used as preventive cos in pre-natal class learnt we can use some cream to prevent rash (preventive better than cure).

Also, which is the better brand of the 2? Cos my hubby & I, we also compare thgs to buy to wat was used on us or our siblings so I find we very old-school..LOl, eg. we only bought Tollyjoy or Pigeon clothes. Hubby was even looking for diaper bag like his mom's cos he said why nowadays one not compartmentalised like his mom's last time & looking for milk carrier (styrofoam type)... faints!

Hi mummies!

RING

Finally managed to get my ring off my finger, with the help of my mum yesterday evening! So happy. I can still see the “dent” on my finger due to pressure exerted by my ring though.

Realised that it doesn’t work if I tug it off myself as I cant relax one hand while the other hand is tugging.

CLOTH DIAPERS/ BUMWEAR / MOOMOO

Thanks Belinda for the links on the cloth diapers.

But I’m overwhelmed by the info out there on cloth diapers and still confused after the reading! Didn’t know there are so many different types out there.

(a) What are the main differences between the “modern cloth diapers” (eg Bumwear /MooMoo diapers) versus the “traditional cloth diapers” (I think Tollyjoy and Pigeon brands cloth diapers fall into this category)? Would appreciate some layman’s advice please. Many thanks!

(b) Do we need special detergent to wash cloth diapers? Baby detergent should not be used?

PUMPS

Belinda: Yes, the pumps are much cheaper to be bought online. Though 1 difference is that they may not provide guarantee. I ordered avent dual pump, not from BP but on my own, pending delivery.

BABYSAFE MATTRESS

Gregda: My babysafe mattress is 28”x 52”x3” in size. Understand from the Robinsons saleslady that this is the most common size, but do check against the size of your cot to ensure that it fits as cots come in differing sizes. I can’t find my receipt, think it costs about $200 over if I didn’t remember wrongly.

BBMALL ONLINE

Eviangal: Are bbmall online stuff really good?

AH CHING

Apologies to have mistaken the kicking of your elder child with your younger one!

WISHCHILD

Same as Unicorn, good to buy the bb stuff during the Robinsons/John Little storewide sales to enjoy the savings. It’s festive season this month and there should be more sales to come! 

NASHITA / KINDERBUENO

Cheer up, count down to your maternity leave ..

Nashita:

Did you attend TMC Mrs Wong’s prenatal class? I attended her 4th lesson and she did say there is some barrier cream that she recommend and would bring along on the 5th lesson. But I have since postponed my 5th lesson as I’m on bedrest and hence don’t know what cream she is recommending. Anyone bought from her?

Between Desitin and Drapolene, seems like Desitin is more popular from earlier forum threads and from my friends.

Kinderbueno: maternity pads are used after delivery due to the lochia flow, which is somewhat like a heavier version of menses flow.

Nashita: i believe you are talking about barrier cream.. its different from nappy rash cream.. what i learnt was that barrier cream mimicks the natural barrier baby is born with(with all the bathing this 'barrier' breaks down in days leaving baby vulnerable) and you can use it as a preventive like what u mentioned while nappy rash is a 'cure'.. using nappy rash cream everyday will only make the baby's skin immune to the cream like overusage of antibiotics. anyway the above information is purely from my notes from antenatal class and not my own:) i bought the avent barrier cream as recommended bcos it doesnt contain zinc. i just bought one tube try try lor plus i am a supporter of avent. haha.

claire: i am a newbie to cloth diapering also so i cannot claim to have the experience.. but i did do some reading up plus asking around.

there are quite a few kinds of modern cloth diapers, most common ones are the AIOs(all in ones). all in ones, as its name states, lumps all the functions of diapering into one diaper.. that means it is waterproof, is absorbent and looks like a disposable diaper. it works almost exactly like a disposable except the only diff is instead of throwing away u take and wash. i bought the one size diaper from bumwear, meaning it can fit a newborn up till about 2.5 yrs.. there are snaps to adjust the size. the difference from modern cloth diapers and the traditional cloth diapers is due to material, modern diapers are more absorbent. they also come in waterproof kind so wont leak out like the traditional cloth. no folding required. other than these aspects it is the same as traditional cloth diapers.. in short, the modern cloth diapers merges disposables and traditional cloth diapering qualities into one. it helped me a lot when i googled and learnt more about cloth diapering before deciding. there are many brands and many factors to consider such as whether u are ready to commit to washing then as compared to just throwing away soiled diapers. and i was told not to use baby detergent for cloth diapers since most baby detergent contains enzymes, fabric softeners, and some other chemicals to make the clothes soft.. this is no good bcos it strips away the absorbency. i am still looking for a baby detergent which does not contain this ingredient and the only one i can find so far is pureen HAD but they only sell in msia so i am still looking..

RE: Barrier Cream from Mdm Wong's class

i didnt get the chance to buy the Avent barrier cream during her lessons because everytime sold out before i can push my way past the crowd standing by the table.. but i realised kiddy palace selling at same price. $18.90 i think. bought mine from there. so for those interested to buy the cream from mdm wong's class dont kancheong.. i think thats the market price out there.. hehe..

@JOodz: Puren AHD - is it powder form and come in a box. Cos if so, I seen it ard at Baby Expo Fair as well as the Pureen shop at KKH.

@Claire: Thanks. Hope to cheer up as the weekend looms nearer. Nope, I did not attend Mrs Wong class. Attended at KKH. Ok, so I will prob buy Desitin/ Drapolene to be used if there's a rash & the Avent Barrier cream as protection. Any other recommended brand for the barrier cream?

nashita: its Pureen H-A-D. Hypoallegenic Detergent. not so sure leh. havent had time to go recce yet.. i only read online that they are discontinuing it in singapore..

Unicorn and clarie, Oh thank u.. I think i will get it on taka sale.. Oh maybe wait see whether have other sale too or not.. hehe.. Thank u..

jooz and Nashita, WOW got so many creams for baby. haiyo so many thing must buy. Haha very headache. I still thought i already bought most of the stuff but i see like not le.. Haha..

Just came back from my gynae. Today never do any ultrascan. Just do a bb heartbeat scan and 1 weird scan to test whether bb can hear or not. Hmm very interesting as i 1st time saw a machine can test bb hearing while bb inside my tummy.Haha.

Happy today my girl weight as doc guess she should be 1.4kg but sad thing is i gained extra 3kg. Haiz I ask my gynae how can i maintain my weight or how can i lost my weight? He said i cant lose weight. He said i got big tummy and my body is tall build. SO my baby will be big in size too as compare to normal bb. SO he asked me not to worry so much. Hehe.. =)

Hi

Many thanks for helping the consolidate to make up yen $3000. ">

for Mummies who r interested in getting the 10 pc set for new born, pls drop me a PM indicating the preferred colors (they only hv 3 colors: Blue, Pink and Yellow) and only 1 size.

The est cost per set is Yen 890 but no idea on the Credit Card exchange rate.... but the indicated pr in the website is S$14.... hence need at least 3 more mummies ">

I'll place the order once i can reach Yen 3000 "> so that we can enjoy the discount... going very fast... hope we will get the items fast too "> heehee

gregda: hey i just got the babysafe mattress from the robinsons sale, 28 by 56inches at $191 UP $255.

Claire: how much u bought ur avent pump? Was wondering the dual better or single electric is good enough?

CLOTH DIAPERS/ BUMWEAR / MOOMOO

(a) What are the main differences between the “modern cloth diapers” (eg Bumwear /MooMoo diapers) versus the “traditional cloth diapers” (I think Tollyjoy and Pigeon brands cloth diapers fall into this category)? Would appreciate some layman’s advice please. Many thanks!

The traditional cloth diapers are the white pieces of cloth, sometimes muslin mostly 100% cotton.

These are not waterproof and will soak thru in heavy flows.

If u are refering to an AIO (All in one) cloth diaper (Bumwear etc), these comes with waterproof cover, its basically like ur traditional diaper and waterproof cover all in one with a microfleece lining so that ur baby doesn't feel wet when he pees, can wear longer.

(b) Do we need special detergent to wash cloth diapers? Baby detergent should not be used?

Yes, baby detergent is not recommended, soaps will leave waxy residue too.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Hope that helps!

our_first_baby : Last time washing machine not so good, some clothes may end up with patches of soap powder, which is bad when touched on baby skin, so ppl say handwash, more thorough.

wish child - I just went to see gynae today too.. But bb is only 1kg. I am now 28weeks, what about u? So cute... She's sleeping with one hand under her head... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi all, I have a baby car seat to sell as my baby girl don't like to sit in it. It is Maxi Cosi Dori. Retail at $299. I'm selling it at $150. In very good condition as used less than 10 times. Pm me if interested.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4851958.jpg]

Pureen H-A-D. Hypoallegenic Detergent is sold in giant........ now got discount

kiddy palace also got discount for 'pureen bottle, accessories and fruits detergent' $6 each.(very big bottle)

Moomoo, wow ur bb girl so cute sleep with one hand under her head. So good you only gained 1kg. So jealous I hope I won't gain anymore weight but I wan my bb to gain more weight. Hehe. I today never see my bb only check her heartbeat and hearing. But she kick me when doc put a hearing device on my tummy. Haha doc said her hearing is ok because she response to the device by kicking. Next 3 weeks then i can see her .

Visha: really?? Thank u so much for telling me.. If not I would have gone across the causeway.. Haha..

I think my nesting insticts are kicking in.. I just finished spring cleaning the whole house(except the master bedroom) including the toilet. Very satisfied with my work but bad back ache now.. Going to bed. Goodnight y'all!

wish child - i gained 9kg already, 1kg is my bb girl's weight.. very small hor? My mil is asking how come only 1kg... :-( I have been eating normally leh..

mummies meeting today

Whoever gets there first go get seats in the section that you can see immediately after entering ok? It's this area that has lots of tables that can be joined together, near some neoprint looking machine. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Anyway, shouldn't be hard to spot a bunch of preggies.

hi mummies, today I woke up with a very bad pain in my tail bone.

it hurts only when I walk.

and I got the need to pee feeling when I walk too.

is it a sign that baby is engaged now?

Have fun meeting today Mummies!

Pureen A-H-B detergent

I bought a bottle from Jusco, JB at RM$24.

Cloth Diapers

So we should use our normal detergent to wash? Hand wash right? or can we use machine to wash?

Babysafe Mattress:

Thanks Belinda for the info! $191 looks like a good deal..but i guess the sale is over..anyway, my cot is measuring 28 x 52 x 3... if the mattress is 28 x 56 x 3, a little hard to fit in. i think for the time being, i just use the free mattress...see if next round sale then see if want to get it or not..

Weight gain

I went for my gynae check up yday...baby not many poses..hahaha..and i gained a total 13kg! I was 63.5 kg last month then yday weighted 67kg! OMG! Really a lot! Gynae told me to cut down on sweet stuff, so that baby will not put on weight so fast...

think i have been snacking too much..must cut down. I hope I dun go past the 15kg mark!

Also, I will be going for a Csection.. my EDD is 8th Feb, but gynae advised 2 weeks before EDD, so baby will be out end Jan.. 7 more weeks only! EXCITED!

gregda: the mattresses got 4 different sizes! I bought the biggest size! They have 28 by 52 also. The next sale wld be kiddy palace sale but i not sure when. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

morning mummies! for those going to the lunch gathering, have fun! for those stuck in office, its thursday today, one more day to the weekend again!:)

gregda: the one i want to buy is H-A-D, not A-H-B.. wonder if they ave H-A-D in giant like what visha mentioned? i shall go check it out over the weekend..

u can machine wash cloth diapers but remember to "lock" all the clasps or velcro(depending on the brand u use). also use 1/2 of the recommended amount of detergent as written on the detergent packaging. for eg if washing instructions on a detergent says 1 cap, u just put 1/2 cap for a full load. and then after washing rinse one more time to wash away any detergent remnants. this is to make sure no buildup of detergent as it can make the diapers less absorbent and leak, as well as causing rashes on babies. so far i only manage to find pureen H-A-D suitable for cloth diapers(from reading cloth diapering forums). the other pureen types like A-B-D or A-H-B(?) cannot.. hope this helps:)

gregda - haha you're going to be a jan mum too! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

from labbit, turn to tigger liaoz! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my hubby n i was joking that we prayed too hard for a tiger bb, and now we're getting our wish!

why do you need to go for c-sec?

Hi Trinket,

yeah! i keep asking gynae if can be later a bit..cause i want to wait after 1st 3 days of CNY as my nanny will only start work earliest 7th Feb...if really out in End jan, i will have to get help from my mum..a lil troublesome cause got to move things ard..but my gynae strongly advised me 2 weeks before EDD for C section.

Technically, I be a Jan 2011 Mummy, but i will still hang ard the Feb 2011 thread...used to you all leow..hahaha

Oh I see Belinda..no wonder ..think someone mention they got the 28x52x3 too..thanks I will wait for the next one then.

Morning mummies.. It's Thurs, one more day to Fri & weekend will be here..

To mummies mtg up today, haf fun... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Sad I cannot join as stuck in the office.

I just need some advice from some mummies.. Anyone heard of the brand Shears for baby cot? Any feedback?

Hi Nashita,

yes heard Shears before..quite popular i think.. but i am not sure of any feedback. Saw this website selling before.. palmbiz.com i think.

Yesh, finally its friday tomorrow! cant wait for this weeeknd..praying for good weather cause i want to wash baby's clothes..

by the way, do you mummies wash their new towels, swaddle blankets, bedsheet etc too?

I am sooo tired today.. got insomina last night..cant sleep at all.

nashita: shears brand i found that the material not very good leh..... they r sold in isetan and aussino..... the wood is not solid and light weight.... and if u happen to see those white coloured cot..... the paint tend to chip off easily.....

Shokudo Japanese Food Bazaar @ Raffles City

Raffles City Shopping Center

252 North Bridge Road, #B1-44E

Singapore 179103

Tel: +65 6837 3793

Operating Hours:

11.30am – 10.00pm

Claire: bbmall items are not bad.. Find the material softer and designs suitable for babies.. My fav buys from bb mall are their receiving blankets and towels.. I hardly am able to find hooded towels that are cheap and nice in stores.. The receiving blankets are thin and comfy.. Great for outings cos not too thick..

Another fav is the sleeveless rompers.. Very thin and good. Cos keeps the bb cool..Can hardly find these locally..

eviangal

here's the lastest list... kinderb cannot make it cos of work, so should be at least 10 of us at 1230pm...

1. idaar

2. choc

3. Geri

4. rachel

5. wish child

6. c nicole

7. trinket

8. unicorn

9. Eviangal (if 12.30pm)

10. Blue Potatochips

11. baywater (if gal recovers)

12. felpoo (after 2pm)

Morning mummies!

Joodz: Oh.. so the barrier cream that Mrs Wong was talking about is Avent Baby Bottom Balm ..

Belinda: Ya the traditional cloth diapers are not waterproof.. but won't the nappy liners will help?

Wishchild: how many weeks is your baby? never done the hearing test before leh..

Moomoo: your bb is so cute.. know how to invent her own "pillow" in ur womb.. hoho..

Mummies: enjoy your lunch gathering! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

latest update on b-waxing

a mar 2011 mummy is keen on going with honeypot and has 3 mummies from her thread willing to take up 2 sessions each ($45 each, $90 total). She has offered to coordinate. So she's asking if there are more from our thread, to make up the 14 mummies needed.

I'm undecided yet, any mummies who are interested put your name down here k? then I'll convey to her.

i be there!! see u all later [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

barrier cream: err...so far i been using Desitin Creamy....it also act as barrier cream for my #1....

oh oh oh just want to tell all of you - i just finished packing my hospital bag last night! so excited..

gregda: i most likely will be a jan mummy too but prefer to hang out here cos comfortable with everyone here already..

claire: nappy liners is mainly to absorb the liquid to make baby's butt dryer and to 'catch' the poo but if u using traditional cloth diapers maybe u want to but waterproof covers.

Hi mums,

I just bought the Avent Baby Bottom Balm yesterday at Robinsons sale at 20% disc ..

I think the sale is still on today ..

Non-members will enjoy 15% ..

See ya later ..

@Gregda & Visha: Thanks for the info. Hubby seems to really want buy a white cot for baby. It seems like role reversal cos I am not into nitty gritty eg colour of cot but hubby is cos usually I am the one.

And he seems to like the Shears one but I wanna gather feedback from mummies who had some info before jus buying cos I intend to keep this cot for no. 2 as well.

yup all the jan mums do continue hanging out here! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back