(2011/02) Feb 2011

AND ALSO!!!!! what to buy to prepare for newborn?? and anyone know if delivery charges can be paid by installments like hospital send bills to ur house monthly or must pay fully at once? O_O

Good morning everyone [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yesterday, about 5.30 pm, as I was leaving the office, I went to pee and my pee was bright red! So scary! It happened twice more after I got home so I got quite worried. There was definitely something in my pee which was making it red although I couldn't tell if it was blood or not. Upon wiping, there was no stain on the paper so it's diffierent to the previous incidents of spotting which I'd experienced.

Presuming it's blood, anybody know what this indicates? There's no accompanying pain. I thought maybe it's a UTI but isn't there supposed to be pain/cramp/nausea etc?

Anyway, I got up twice in the middle of the night to pee and even put on my glasses so I could take a look at the color in my half-groggy state. The two pees in the middle of the night reverted to their original color. No sign of red. This morning's pee was fine too.

Was going to call the gynae this morning if it continued, but now that it's stopped I'm not sure what to do. Guess I'll just monitor and see if it comes back. Hopefully it doesn't because any sign of blood is worrying to me. and my gynae is shut on public holiday in the event I need to see her tomm : / Any advice would be appreciated if any of u have experienced this!

Princess_cabbage: I'm going for my 1st antenatal class at Mt. Alvernia this evening. Nearly forgot! I signed up for the Sat 4- 6 pm classes but the first class is usually held on a weekday evening, ie. like today. Will let you know how it pans out. Today's class is about nutrition - abit late though eh! :p any other mummies going tonight?

Looking forward to the long weekend!

Oh yah, I heard there's a baby warehouse sale of sorts this weekend, but I have no further detail such as organiser, venue etc. Anybody has more info?

@wini-

DUN PANIC! Lol. Buy new bra. If the meat all falling out from the sides it means your boobs have grown- not a bad thing! =D Get them to measure you again and a good sales person will tell u that u might want to buy slightly larger size cup/width coz need room to grow some more. =)

Archived these 2 lists on my blog... hope they help u. =D

Things to buy for newborn baby:

http://bygracealone.tumblr.com/post/1319206248/list-of-things-to-buy-for-baby

Things to pack for hospital bag:

http://bygracealone.tumblr.com/post/1262885003/things-to-pack-for-the-hospital-bag

@evian-

I MISS U ALL AS WELL! =) Can't wait to chat with u girls soon. =D

@Princess-

Please go see gynae just in case? I think it is good to let the gynae know even though it has stopped. It is always better to be safe, esp since tmrw you cannot reach her. If you need to see a gynae tomorrow and she is not available, please go straight to KKH's 24 hrs women clinic. If you are above 20 weeks, will have to go to their labour and maternity ward. I forgot which floor.

You can also call this to number to ask experience nurses who tend to maternity queries. From their website:

Managed by our team of experienced nurses, the hotline provides reliable health advice on pregnancy, gynaecological care, and children’s health issues.

Telephone: 1900-KK-Nurse or 1900-556-8773

Operating hours: Daily, including public holidays, 08:00 – 00:00 midnight.

Each call will be charged at SGD$0.80 per minute

See you all soon =) Gonna go get ready to go for the event I am covering in a bit.

If any of you are in the Media industry also, lol, it is the "SEEING RED: EPIC first look with TED SCHILOWITZ" event at THE CATHAY HALL 2. =D Can't wait to see the latest RED camera- The Epic.

(I AM SUCH A GEEK! LOL!!)

Princess - you better take care and quickly call your gynae TODAY! Better not take any chances...

I saw the baby warehouse sale at another forum. here are the details. It's too far so I wont be going

BRANDS AVAILABLE: LUCKY BABY, JUJUBE, SOFTPLAY, SASSY, CHICCO, CAPELLA.

DATE: 5TH AND 6TH NOV

TIME: 10.30AM - 8.00PM

VENUE: 514 CHAI CHEE LANE #06-06 BEDOK IND ESTATE.

TEL: 64455778

WWW.TAIME.COM

WWW.THEBABYSTUDIO.COM.SG

Morning mummies~

Recently when I wake up from sleep or halfway in the middle of the night I'll feel pain in my tummy. The kind of pain is something like crampy feeling. It's like if you try to stand straight but something is pulling inside. And it's so painful that even when I'm turning my body I can feel the pain too. I told my gynae last week when I went for my visit but she said it doesn't seem to have problem with my uterus. She said could be ligament stretch though. But it's very painful.. Has anyone experienced this before? =(

Princess31, I feel u should go see ur gyna today to have a peace in ur mind. If this continue in next few days better rush down to Kkh hospital. Or maybe u can try ask ur gyna for her Hp no or call which no if none clinic hours. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wini, if not wrong bb stuff don't have monthly installment. So far I bought the stuff no monthly installment. Maybe u can go Kkh to ask whether they got any plan or help from government to help the needy family for monthly income?

For ur daughter I feel what u like to name ur girl which names is up to u. Pebbles is nice name. =)

Geri, it be so long never see u online. Great to see u back. Oh SF loh really very nice to patient but sometime he will a bit rough too. But I can agree all babies love him. =)

Cnicole, thank u I will go down on 27 nov to see the bb seat. Thanks. Do u know the $79 play pen is it include matress?

Idaarshad : i stay at 304A anchorvale link .

i went for my checkup at kkh yesterday . the twins are fine. at week 26 they weight 820g and 880g.

i signed up for gusto survey so the scan was free yesterday.

im on HL till 9 nov. back to work on 10 nov

Pinkyval - I had experienced very bad cramps during the 1st trimester, to the extent that I can faint! I checked with my gynae then and she commented that it should not be due to womb expanding (womb or ligament stretch will not have such excruciating pain). So she concluded that it could be due to my intestines in that I might have ate something wrong, or rich foods. I dont know if this is the same situation as yours. Did you try taking panadol? My gynae said it's safe to take up to 6 panadols per day.

Hi Wish!

No leh. SF very gentle with us so far lol. I have been in the op with him before and he was so good. =) Not rough at all... and super gentle with babies as attested by my friend's hubby and mum (nurse).

Pinky,

ur prob is most likely ligament stretch. My right side hurts like *beep* too... lol. Not my left side though. Don't worry yourself too much. If gynae has not discovered anything unusual, you are fine. It is the weight of the baby straining at the muscles.

moomoo-

Thanks for the info =D

Cnicole-

Wow! Noah is just 769g. Rest well during your leave. =D HUGS!

pinky-

Before taking panadol or any medication, always good to check with a doc because we are expecting. Altho panadol is safe, if it isn't the right treatment, best not to consume as whatever we ingest goes to our kids.

If it is heartburn or tummy pain, u can take antacids. Mylanta is very safe for pregger mummies.

See the doc if need be. Don't self-prescribe unless you know for sure what the issue is.

(OK OK OFF TO WORK, GERI... =D )

Pinky-

Oh ya and if you want to double check but not sure if u wanna see gyane, call the KKH ASK A NURSE hotline first?

1900-556-8773

When I had heartburn during third tri whilst expecting Kaelen then, they really helped out great. =)

Really over and out le =D

If anything, PM me? I will get back asap. =)

Cnicole: Wow.. Your twins are doing very well.. Both are at 800+g.. Thats great news!!

Princess31: Could it be your urine appears darker at that point of time? Thus, looking like Red? But just in case, you might want to consult your gynae.

Sharp pains: I experience that occassionally too.. But just a short moment.. So prob muscle or ligament stretching..

Anyone got leg cramps liaoz?

Wini: Pebble is a nice name. Reminds me of a character in flintstone.

Geri, Moomoo, wishchild: Thanks for the advice ... I'm due for my 7th month consult with the gynae 13th Nov Sat, so I guess I will monitor this and hope it doesn't happen anymore today or tomm. Otherwise, I'll bring forward my consult to this Sat... feel abit pai seh to go see gynae today if my pee has gone back to its original colour, so no "proof" ... : /

moomoo: Thks for the info re the baby warehouse sale. Oh, so it is organised by Baby Studio. That's the first baby hyperstore I checked out. The salesman there is quite friendly and helpful and there's quite a variety of items there, although in terms of brands there's not that many, just the usual suspects. Think their prices were pretty reasonable to begin with so sale should be worth checking out if you're heading near that area [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Princess, sounds like a Blop of blood came out while u peed. Good that no more bleeding. Think u should get ur Gynae hp number or the hospital emergency no (u call them, they call ur Gynae hp).

When I had the bright red bleeding last last sat, I called my Gynae at 9pm and he said he will see me at the hospital. He ask me go to admissions. He will leave word with hospital where to put me. I ended up in maternity ward for three nights on monitoring until bleeding is completely gone. Been on bed rest ever since.

Reason: low lying placenta. Some blood vessels near cervix may have burst when I reached forward to catch my son whom I thought was falling down. My movement was too abrupt. So now, I am moving around like a tortoise. Veeeeeery sloooowleeeee..... Doc say if I have fresh bleeding again have to admit hospital again. Faint. That three night stay cost us $3k already. Cannot imagine doing this one more time even.

@moomoo: But mine only happens when I'm sleeping at night. Don't know if it's cos I sleep too "straight". The pain is making me so difficult to sleep. Now not only I have to wake up so frequent in the middle of the night to pee, I also have to bear with the pain when I'm turning my body to the side. My dark eye rings are getting darker and darker. And I'm feeling more and more lethargic during the day. *sigh* Don't know how long will this last..

@Geri: Mine is the whole of abdomen. Lol~ Be it I turn to my left, right, center I also can feel the pain.

Princess: between now n next visit, try to walk slowly, move slowly, rest in bed more on weekends. Entering third tri already so our key risks symptoms are bright red bleeding and menstrual like cramps. These are the two things which my Gynae said to watch out for and if it happens, call him immediately.

Pinkyval, u may be experiencing early contractions. Doctor gave me ventolin to relax uterus n prevent this. U may wan to ask ur Gynae abt it.

Eviangal: It was definitely a bright pinkish red [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I also thought maybe it was just darker than usual but the 3rd time I peed (about 11 pm) I asked my hub to verify the colour (so nice right..so gross stuff also he still humour me!) and he confirmed it was bright red. Sigh!

mamiB: I dunno if it's a blop of blood, and whether it is originating from the bladder, or the v area or the cervix or what. But last time my spotting incidents due to weak womb tend to be dark brown in colour with clumps .. sort of like menstrual blood on the first or last day. This time round, there's no lumpiness and there's nothing when I wipe either, and the colour is bright red, not dark brown. I suspect it's coming from bladder or somewhere there! But now that you mention your experience, I've got low-lying placenta as well so maybe could be due to that??? But I don't want to stay in hospital leh : /

Pinkyval, by the way, I am taking this ventolin three times a day. Doc say the most important one is the night one. I have to take til delivery.

When I bled bright red last last sat, I was given ventolin drip for whole day. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

princess31:

do consult your gynae, maybe via phone call to check?

better to play safe... ...

cnicole:

not easy for ya having twins har, carrying twice the weight.

jia you!

princess31

better just call your gynae's office. might not need to go down to see him. just talk to the gynae good enough.

Princess: so please be as gentle in your movement as possible. Like I mentioned, I am movin like a tortoise now. The fastest activity I do is typing out this message on my iPhone while lying on sofa. My fingers and mouth still moving fast. Every other part of my body is going real slow. ESP gettin up from bed, walking to kitchen or toilet. Etc

As long as u don't have another episode of BRIGHT RED bleeding, u are safe. When in hospital, all the nurses kept coming in to check if I still had bright red blood stain. If brown, they are not concerned at all.

Please stay safe. Most hospitals are equipped to handle premature babies above 1kg and ours are nearly there.... Have to tong until 1kg safe zone. Then after that, we tong til 37weeks where baby lungs are mature. Ready for natural/c sec. That's why I decided to take my baby out at 37 weeks. 15 Jan 2011 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@Mami: Huh?? Early contractions??? But I never bled leh.. And during the day I am fine. My gynae said nothing wrong with my uterus. Hmm.. Should I go for a scan to see if it's fibroid? =/

Wow.. So early in the morning and it's so happening in here already.

@Val: Me me!! I experience afew times already and I thought it's my bb pressing on me so I tried to ask her to spread out, don't keep resting on one side of me. Then I'll lie on my bed for afew minutes b4 I get up. It works most of the time. :p But I also wonder if it's due to long time never pass urine thus the pain.

@Eviangal: I'd been experiencing leg cramps almost every morning when I stretch my legs for almost a month already. Sometimes though never cramp, but will still feel the after cramp sore. Dunno why..

@Grace: You also intend to buy Avent breast pump? I'll keep a lookout when I go shopping and will inform you if I see that bundle pack.

@Wini: Pebble is a nice name. My daughter is still a nameless bb..

@Fiona, @littledevil: I hope the pain you 2 experience will go away soon.

Pinkyval, Contractions may not come with bleeding immediately. But if it does, it's very dangerous already. So to prevent early contraction, Gynae prescribes ventolin to relax the uterus. Better call ur Gynae today.

Valeria, Maybe u should call ur gyna n ask again. Maybe is ur bb expanding that why wil have pain? I having pain on my right waist n shoulder. =( But better than yester le.

Eviangal, I do have leg cramp recently. Haiz. I since like having a lot of problem.

Princess31, Do take care n do call ur gyna up if anything goes wrong. As mamiB said do thing slowly n dont rush urself.

MamiB, oh u goin C sec on 15 Jan. So fast? Like that ur bb will be 8mths old bb?

Hi girls,

I'm already experiencing the carpal tunnel syndrome. Tingling n numbing of fingers.. Now i can feel the finger n wrist pain. Anyone of u experiencing it. im only in my 25th week, i read that we shld only experience it during 3rd tri.

Pinkyval, to clarify... It must be menstrual cramp like. Pain anywhere else, is not contraction. Must super feel like menses cramp.

If ultrasound regularly, Gynae would have caught any abnormal growth like fibroids. So I don't think it's a fibroid but u should ask ur Gynae the possibility that a fibroid can cause menses like cramp.

princess...maybe go see gynae this few days better... as u really see red urine leh... esp when got low lying placenta...

bleeding may occur too...so to be safe..just go see for sake of putting ur mind at ease ba... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

val..like what mami b say...contractions may not come with bleeding one...sometimes is u feel ur stomach area pain and like tighten n tighten that type...then very sng etc... but may be those fake contraction lar...

robinson sale..just got a sms that the robinson having sale today till this weekend...up to 20%...can consider going to browse if u all keen...

nursing bra.. oh ya..ladies..i ordered 2 nursing bras from BP and find the quality not bad..can consider getting...2 for $30 nia!! haha

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4585091.html?1288572818

this is the one i got...

http://www.mum-indulgence.com/2009/10/style-yourself-up-in-this-gorgeously.html

Wish child, Yups. Baby will be 37weeks +. Just like my first boy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] birth weight will be less than 3kg typically. My boy was 2.88kg. But within a month, they catch up in weight. My boy weighed 4.5 kg after one month of breastfeeding plus formula.

37 weeks baby no need prior steroid injection to mature their lungs etc.

hey mummies...morning!

Princess 31 - Yea better to call up yr gynae and see wat he say..maybe if u think now no sypstoms to show u can relate what happen and see what comment she has..to be safe side...take good care and like mami b say walk slowly slowly kk..

Val: i do have some tight feeling at the bottom of the stomach but not those aching pain. If its pain ful for u best to call gynae check again..see what she suggests..take care yeaaa...

wini: yea! pebble is nice! very special!

Zanta: when is yr next check up ??

@Zanta: I was also thinking issit cos my baby is pressing on me that's why I feel the pain when I'm lying down. And when I turn my body to the left the pain will be on the left.

My baby also a nameless baby. Hahahaha! So difficult to think of a name that both me & my hubby like. =(

@wish_child: Oh, my waist and shoulder also pain. But it's the aching kind of pain.

@mami: Hmm.. Not like mensus cramp leh. It's more painful than mensus cramp. Lol~ But when I wake up to pee, sit on the toilet bowl then the pain will be like fading away. Only when I go back to bed then the pain will start to come back again.

mami_B: OK, will take your advice and move slowly ... did you dr specify bright red blood from the v area, or does bright red pee count too? Coz I understand if it's fresh blood dripping from the v area, but if it's mixed in with the pee then I really am not sure what to make of it.

All other concerned mummies: Ya, maybe I will drop my gynae's office a call this morning just to assure myself [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Thanks for the support!

Big flamingo: It also crossed my mind that perhaps I ate something to influence my pee colour. Yesterday, I had some carrots at lunchtime. That was the only colourful thing I ate. But I've eaten carrots all my life (including lunchtime on Monday) and never had such an experience thereafter. I don't eat beetroots :p

Pinkyval, I know what u mean coz my menses usually not pain one hehe.. But just ask Gynae lah. He will know best.

I can't wait for my Malay massage later at 4:30pm. 90min of indulgence in comfort of my own home. My shoulders and lower back are aching so badly. I try to massage it myself but fingers get tired after only few minutes. Haha... No perseverance. So get an experienced Malay auntie to come and do for me later. It's the only thing I am looking forward to today. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wini : Pebbles is a very very nice name. ;)

Oh my god.. All mommy here now like suffer so many pain n aching. Hmm Dont worries we can go through this. Another 3 more months to GO!!!!

JIA YOU JIA YOU!!!!

After see our little 1 on our arm everything is worth it.

Mommy all are so WEI DA!!

Princess: what happen was, I was peeing. I looked down at my panty, ah!!!! Bright red fresh blood!!! Then I look at my urine, ah!!!! Bright red urine!! Then I see my v, ah!!!! Still dripping bright red something!!!! Then I scream for Hubby to come and see Everything!! Then we quickly called my Gynae hp. I felt like I was going to lose my girl cos Gynae kept reminding me: BRIGHT red fresh bleeding and / or menses cramp, to call him at once!!!

I didn't feel any pain throughout the bleeding. Then doc say low placenta bleeding is usually painless!!!

That's the story lor... Before I went to pee, I tried to catch my boy whom I Tot was going to fall. That movement , I admit , was very sudden.

Now just be guai guai n don't rush here and there like before. Just be like Princess and be served. Don't let anyone hassle or hurry u. Move gently.....

Hi mummies..

see that many already having pain here and there..

i have pain also at my tail bone.. but that is becos I carried my son for a long period of time

plus doing vacuuming and mopping..

the best to prevent any form of pain is to rest rest rest.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

By the way, in hospital, I had to use the BEDPAN!!! Ie. Lie down on bed to do big and small business!! This is called Complete Rest In Bed. This tells me how precarious the situation was and that I wasn't even allowed by the doc to use the toilet in my room?! So when I went back home, I continue to observe slow movements etc as I realise walking too much or moving to much can cause bleeding in third tri esp in my case. Weak lah,low placenta lah, prior miscarriage lah type of preggy woman. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

more information on the car seat i saw.

brand : Safety Fits

model SF700

4 colours

price for kkh mothers : $49.90

6 month warranty

baby hyperstore tel : 68441123

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4696575.jpg]

Hi Mummies

BRA:

I’ve changed to wearing sports bra since 18+ weeks.. It’s more comfortable..

@Geri: Welcome back!

@Princess31: Monitor your condition for the time being.. But still better to check with your gynae over the phone.. Take care..

@Val: Consult your gynae at the next visit? Maybe they can prescribe you with some painkillers.. Take care..

@Evian: I’m getting leg cramps already but it only attacks my left leg when I’m lying down.. It’s a sudden cramp that like pricks into the bone!! The entire leg will be like no strength to even turn.. So hubby need to push me to face sideway then the pain will go away shortly..

Hope these 2+/3 months can pass faster so mummies here can get away from these aches and pains and have the little bundle(s) in our arms soon.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Btw, are your bb movements hard as in you can see the movement on your tummy or be surprised with the movement? My bb moves so gently and soft nowadays sometimes I don't even know whether it's him moving or it's the wind in my stomach..

Princess31,

Oh no! Hope u're feeling ok and do call your gynae.

Btw, did u happen to eat red coloured dragon fruit? I remembered when I ate that last time my breast milk came out pink!! Like strawberry milK!! Totally freaked me out!!

Zanta,

My appt with Dr Ang is at 6pm but will have to change cos I forgot I have a dinner on that day!!

Just tried calling my gynae twice but nobody pick up...guess the receptionists must be having a busy morning ... will continue trying ...

mamiB: Wow!! I would've freaked out if I experienced it the way you did!! I guess it must've been quite scary so your gynae decided on that course of action, ie. complete bed rest, couple nights in the hospital etc ... better to be safe than sorry. so you feel no pain/cramping through the whole incident? That makes it even more worrying. I usually rely on pain to tell me when something is seriously wrong, as opposed to being just a small matter ... maybe not the safest way of doing things ..? Like u, I also have a weak womb (had to take hormone pills in 1st tri) and low lying placenta :p

Just went to pee again in the office and pee looks normal. Examined the paper ultra carefully and no sign of light staining or bright red pee. Phew! Still ... slightly worried ...

trinket... the one u buy is $16 right? means price similar lar..coz i got it for 2 for $30...

how u find the quality ah..coz i see so many design which are not bad leh!! hehehee...make me tempted to buy more...hahaaa...

coz confinement period maybe lazy to do laundry..hahaa

so need at least 4-6pcs to rotate mah.. =D

Aiyooo..i saw the nursing top...SO NICE!! cham cham...super super tempted to order.. must control abit...

cnicole... the car seat look nice!! and the price is very attractive..those who dun have shld get lar..coz is a steal price!!

i still got 1 from #1 pass down..so not buying...

Princess: yah no pain throughout.

Me same like u. But worse. Up to sixteen weeks, I go for hormone jab every Monday and Thursday. Plus hormone tablets til delivery. Two in morning two at night.

Back