(2011/02) Feb 2011

@PreciousBabi: Can you still remember how much you bought the breast pump for?

@wish_child: It's only when we're a mummy then we will know what our mummy feels. Haha..

@Elise: Ya lor, although figureless but it'll b more comfy.. Nope wor, I closed my FB a/c liao..

nashita: I see.. just ignore him for the moment la.. cos we soon going to give birth..

so try to reconcile before bb born then can be happy family [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wish child: I'm feeling a bit better.. as in more in control.

Had a talk with HB but it's quite difficult to reason with gamblers.. he just say what he is doing is for me and the children..

well.. things are still status quo lor..

anyway sterile cotton ball is a must according to what I learnt in the parentcraft class.

Cos sterile is for the newborn's sensitive eyes and prevent cord from getting infection.

By the way, I bot a pack of Pampers newborn diaper for $8.80 at Giant today cos on promotion.

eviangal.... thanks so much for helping to organise the Origins Jamu Massage promo.

Deposit payment has been made [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Zanta, I don't think I have the courage to try either! It's like eating your own liver... :p

I think I better start buying the stuff. The only things I bought are avent milk bottles and some rompers!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4690946.jpg]

car seat from baby hypermart. to whoever is interested. got this offer from last sat talk at kkh.

hi amazing miracle,

when danny say 8-feb tmc girl, i just took the initiative to look up the list and just happen you fit the description so i guess must be you. HAHA

@Cnicole: Not KKH members entitle to this offer or not?

Those who are with Dr Ang, when will be your next appt?

@Poodz & Zanta : I checked the scanning pic again No sign of CTRL or FL -_- [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] have to wait till thursday .... for doc... i tot i can understand the report and i secretly opened it before the doctor gets to read it... -___- now have to seal it back. I am around 50Kg and is 6months ready i really afraid if my baby is too small ... WORRY SICK.

my placenta is : Upper antorior mid ... something like that .. i heard is at front wall means i got to be extra careful?

And anyone going KK Hospital for checkup ??? :D

Morning ladies, I cleared the OGTT test... Phew! But placenta still low... Sigh... Very worried cos dunno wat I can do... Doc say if dun move by 4 weeks time, chances very low...

Hi Nashita: Yay! One hurdle crossed! Congrats on passing the OGTT ...

Well, worrying abt the low-lying placenta won't help it to move up :p So you might as well work on the things u CAN control, such as staying in a happy and relaxed mood, and eating nutritious meals. I read recently that nutrition is super important in the 3rd trimester since our babies will be growing at an amazing pace, so let's work on giving our babies the nutrients they need [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Have a good day ahead, mummies! I'm feeling soooooooo tired today (my battery is at 5% ...) even though I went to bed at 10 pm yesterday...but couldn't fall asleep till past midnight, and after that I got up at least 3 times to go to toilet to empty my bladder, sigh ... I think this is how night BF-ing is going to feel like ...

Wini, I am 26 weeks, 50kg, baby is 900g slightly below average. And doc says All is Well!!!! So please don't worry too much. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

what! I kena cheated liao.

saw the post on the pampers.. NTUC selling $8.45 usual px and cold storage $9.10..

But yesterday at Giant I saw usual px $10+ and promo $8.80 so i bot..

better check my receipt again

maybe really kena cheated liao!

wini: upper anterior sounds better than low-lying, which is what i have. haha. if doctor never say anything should be okay lah:)

Wish child,

Your link to the Bella B spree seems to be wrong leh... oh by the way, the one to get is Bella B Tummy Honey Butter to prevents stretch marks. Thought I shd tell you because Bella B also has other products to help reduce the appearance of stretchmarks

Ah ching, Great that feel better. DO let urself out n dont stress out urself. DO take care woh. Smile n cheer urself up. =)

Bigflamingo, I thought the Bella B spee is the anti stretch marks cream? which is the right one? =)

moomoo...for my #1 i using pampers NB lor... and its good coz got urine indicator and for first time parents..u just need to see whether the line in the middle of diaper got turn blue anot..

if turn blue means they pass urine liao..no need to worry so much lor...

but for my #2 i will still buy pampers NB is becoz of it quality lor..coz softer in texture ...but of coz open to other brands lar...

as i always say..dont stock up alot on NB diapers..coz may not be suitable...

ah ching..nvm lar... i tink its the joy of shopping outside for newborn that matter rite.. hehee... for me coz i will buy from gmarket in bulk coz lazy to carry so many bulky bags home

@amazing_miracle: my bb weight almost same as yours, weighted around 630g at week 24. I also feel my bb a bit small compare to other mummies' here. But since Dr Ang said the weight is within normal range of 600-800g, so I think should be OK ba...

@Zantarina: I m with Dr Ang as well, my next appointment on 26th this month.

Thanks, choc! Yeah...anything that makes it easier for first time parent will be most helpful! There is alot of anxiety being a first time mum.... and i hope i can cope.

Btw, i am supposed to go for my babymoon at koh samui tonite but i just learnt this morning that there's big flood in Thailand and koh samui is affected. In fact, their airport was closed yesterday temporarily. Now, i am checking with the agency if i could change date. Haizzz :-(

Hi choc, was on leave yesterday so brought my son to Giant to stock up on his milk powder and diapers..

luckily i not so greedy bought only 1 pack..

anyway they free delivery for $100 above

I using Drypers for my elder.. will be using Drypers S size for my gal cos it is one of the cheapest and good quality.

Tried Huggies ultra before but very narrow so urine always leak.

USed Fitti previously cos bought from one of the mummy who overstocked. Think it is also ok..

Pet Pet is not bad too cos it is wide so urine and poo poo dont leak as much.

Also tried Mamy Poko newborn before but find it is too thick so very hot for BB in this weather.

I'll prob buy drypers and pet pet to standby.

moomoo no problem.... becoz that time i see drypers NB very cheap and i buy and i remember when i take out the side tape hor..will give a sound and my timid boy will be abit startled lor.. (timid mah) and that time i see it make my ah boy legs abit "reddish" and feel very xim tiaaa...

so switch back to the pampers NB which hospital been using lor...

wah...going koh samui ah... u see if can change date anot...but i tink we pregnant liao..got some limitation to us flying leh...

ah ching.... i also just stocked up on Friso 3..coz got that promo on buy 1.8kg get 900g free..hahaa..i am very cheapo one..ahhaaa... got freebies sure be there =X

u using drypers ah...how about below link...

i tink the price is competitive also...just that got a Min order amount...

other than that the diaper price is not bad

http://luvbabies.kimsang.com.sg/diapers.html

c nicole.. if i wana buy the infant child seat.. how do i go abnout as i m not a KKH member? only those delivered there can?

Choc... u the one coordinating the tummy binder.. can count me in if it is really stretch able? coz i m really fat lehh and diapers if u are buying.. can tumpang u> i did that with one march mummy also.. she got it sent to my place but i paid her via atm transfer.. coz i do not have paypal acct ah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

zantarina..if u are thin ok lah... i m fat.. some more put on so much weight.. aiyyyoooo

Zanta

Our next appt is on 25th.

Ah Ching,

I can probably get pampers NB at $8 at NTUC if i include the rebates i enjoyed with card payment. That is why i didn't find it worthwhile to buy from the website choc posted yesterday. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wini, yeah placenta on top is better than low lying it seems. So don't worry [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jootz, even if low lying, as long not complete placenta previa, not much complications also. Only thing be mentally prepares for c sec. C sec is also not that bad in my experience. So in fact, nothing to worry abt also!! Hehehe... Most important is we have our healthy babies born by hook or by crook early next yr [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] that's the only thing we just need to think about ;)

TIGHT TUMMY

Do u all feel tummy going to burst after dinner?? I had that feeling last night. Quickly went to apply stretchmark cream. LOL! But this morning, feels like tummy deflated. So not so big this morning.

PAMPERS

Yeah I use NB pampers for my son. It's very good. No rashes. Got urine indicator. The side velcros are not so loud n most importantly, they are soft material, not plastic tapes which may scratch baby. The velcros are very reusable. I have encountered some diapers where the Velcro is good for one time fastening only. If u check the diaper, and want to refasten it, it doesnt work already.

The only thing is cost. So when I feel baby grows bigger, skin more mature n less prone to sensitivity, I change to nepia or mamipoko. So NB pampers really served me well the last time. Will be going for it again for sure!!

BABY STUFF

As a second time mum, I am also guilty of not rushing out enthusiastically to buy stuff for my baby. Sigh... Plus I am home confined for bed rest so it's even worse. I bot some rompers online and got a bag of free baby girl clothing so far. But I havent bot other stuff. Also have not planned what other stuff I will need. Very slack. So am just readin ur posting and if anything jumps out as absolutely missing from my inventory, I will ask my Hubby to buy.

Milk bottles, at first I Tot I can reuse my son's bottles. Then I read that cannot. Must actually change new bottles every x months. So I know that's next on my list. Still deciding whether to buy the no bpA one or heck, the usual pigeon plastic bottles which my son uses (which really seems fine!)

Really cannot wait for our little ones to emerge from our factories.

CHOC,

Can u help me update my details

Gleneagles

Dr Gordon Lim

Csec delivery on 15-1-11 (37 weeks+)

Then can see if anyone from here will be warded the same time as me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies

I’m preparing my handover list already.. Haha.. That means I’m nearer to expecting bb and ML… Wahaha.. A lot of stuff to handover so will have a headache preparing it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

@Unicorn: Don’t worry.. You can always get everything from the same shop so that saves the trouble to go around searching for stuff..

@Joy07: You can try Baby’s Boutique for your missing items.. I will be going again maybe this weekend to get pacifiers coz I left them out in my list.. Haha.. You want to join me?

@Choc: I will be engaging the Malay post natal massage leh.. Let me consider first.. I scared wrapping the binder will cause rashes coz very hot..

@Zanta: I bought the Avent pump at $239.. It comes with a box of breast pad, a nipple protector, a nipple cream and a dunno what cream.. I think moisturiser.. Haha.. I think I saw posts recently that dunno where selling at $239 also, is it Robinsons? Any mummies can help to advise Zanta? Sorry for all the “half-info” coz of my memory.. Haiz..

@Ching: I read about mummies stocking up diapers.. Still wondering which brand to buy? What if the brand doesn’t suit bb? I’ve sent request to the few brands like Dryers, Pampers, Huggies and can’t remember the rest.. They will only send 1pc each.. I can’t be waiting to try that 1 pc after bb is born then go buy the suitable one right? Sounds so stupid! Haha… Or just tigam? And should I get NB or small size coz my gf say buy big better than small.. True meh?? Won’t it leak if too big??

@Huiru & Grace: Welcome!!

@Moomoo: Better cancel or postpone the trip.. Let the travel agent know that you are pregnant.. They should allow either one..

@MamiB: My tummy always smaller in the morning.. Think bcoz no food inside.. Haha.. Nevermind about getting stuff for bb.. Now all you need to do is rest well.. Can always shop later when you get better or ask your hubby to buy.. Your date is fixed?? So excited!! 2.5 months to go!!

Nowadays I always have a sng sng taste/feeling in my throat.. Realised it’s here whenever it’s near meal time.. Should be my body hinting me it’s time for meal ba.. But sometimes feel like vomiting.. Last visit Gynae say this is due to too much acid.. How to improve this huh?? Hate the feeling!

preciousbabi:

Think it is best to at least have 2 packs of NB diapers at home.

They usually come in packs of less than 30 pcs so u will use up 1 pack in 3-4 days!

I used 8 - 12 pcs of diapers in 24 hours last time.

NB diapers can use until 5 kg, that is like when BB abt 1-2 mths old.

S size diapers usually start from 3kg - 6/8 kg depending on brand.

So u can also stock up on 2 packs of S size since many babies born more than 3kg now.

Better buy at least 2 packs cos in the first week of baby returning home, u and hb will be so tired.

and u will want to spend time with baby so no need to worry abt buying diapers mah.

Abt brand.. can tikam tikam.. buy 1 pack of each brand lor..

if u go TMC then no need buy pampers cos hospital will give 1 pack.

u can also buy few pcs online from the free items from mummies who have overstocked.

preciousbabi.

for too much acid, u can take gaviscon.. it is safe for pregnant women and really helps.

if dont want to take medicine, then avoid fried/ spicy/ heaty food..

take small meals

avoid acidic things like coffee/ tea/ orange juice (esp).. and avoid cold things...

choc: the website things really much cheaper!

Thanks for the recommendation!

But just bot 2 tins of milk powder and 2 packs of diapers yesterday..

prob order at the end of the month!

Good afternoon all mummies!

1.5 more days to long weekend!! Woo hoo!!

Re: Stocking up on diapers

If memory did not fail me, we onli bought 1 pack of NB diapers besides the pack that the hospital provided. Then changed to S size liao. So no nd to stock up too much on NB size if your baby is of average size.

Zanta,

I tink my next appt w Dr Ang is on 29th.

baywater,

R u still looking for a helper? I got mine from Best Home Employment Agency. They hv a few branches but I went to the one in Hougang. Helper has been with us for 2 months and so far so gd except for some minor incidences. *fingers crossed*

Was it pootz who was asking where to get the convertor for Medela pump to Avent bottles?

I got mine from First Few Years at Paragon but hardly used it cos it added to the weight and quite uncomfortable while pumping esp when pumping handsfree.

Preciousbabi,

Will it help if u drink more water to 'flush' the taste away?

@Ching: You are a diapers expert! Haha.. Ok, I think I will go for Pampers since there's quite a few good comments..

Gaviscon is a tablet ah? I also wish to take small meals.. But if I do, I get hungry very fast.. Then will be eating like every hour or so.. Where got so much time at work? Wait my boss think I 'eat snake'.. Have been taking cold drinks quite often.. Especially weekends.. Haha.. Will have to control le..

@Su: No leh.. Have tried.. Once the taste comes, it won't go until food enters my stomach.. Funny yet irritating.. Haiz.. That makes me HAVE TO eat and can't even think of skipping the meal..

preciousbabi, gaviscon comes in liquid form also..

u can get those individual pack type cost abt $1.20 a pack to try.

But i got the bottle abt $13+ but only used half a bottle then symptons become better.

My MIL was still telling me my stomach quite small.. she said maybe cos i dont snack much..

i think the main reason is cos my last meal ard 6 pm then next meal at 8 am..

but i eat thruout the day too..

i buy bread/ sandwich then eat in the office.

the thing is when eating so frequently then main meal i eat less.

Cold drinks really worsen the sng sng taste.. from my experience..

zanta: my next check up will be 19th Nov =))

Our first baby : steady leh u!!

ah ching : ask u ar..if tmc going give me 1 packet nb pampers..den do i stock up another pack that is S size or NB?

Grace: yeaaa! since Dr ANg says its ok den let not worri too much..but i guess most of the kgs i gain goes to me! lol..

lets see if able to hit the MOQ...if not buy separately ya [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Asibune Tummy Binder for After birth ($20.50 inclusive of Normal Postage if we hit 12 Pcs, add $2.25 for Reg mail)

1) Choc

2) Choc

3) Joodz

4) idaarshad

idaarshad, the diapers can pay via credit card and purchases above $40 got free delivery..maybe u order urself be easier...

preciousbabi..aiyo u got massage then no need lar...for myself i dun wan massage so i DIY mah...

ofb...good lar..since u find got rebate and savings not that great then buy in ntuc lor...easier for u too...

btw...hospital dun give us diaper..its chargable one leh...sob..even the wet wipes they also got include in our bill.. hehee...

choc: wah the diaper prices are really cheap.. its like $1-2 discount from ntuc price.. thanks for sharing..

So busy lately to post the past few days.. Cos dd attending cc first 2 days.. Now sneaking some time to make some postings.

Pootz: Seems like you got a good deal at the fair lei.. The most attractive part was the free gift. If I were you, i would want to try to chalk up $500 too.. But for bottles, not sure if it is cheaper to trade in old ones for new ones at 50% discount.

Yes, its advisable to change bottles. But i only did it about 1yr+ later...

Precious Babi: Thats alot of stuff you have gotten!!!

Mami B: I bought my Piegon BPA bottles during Taka baby fair previously. Traded old bottles for new ones at 50% discount. Less than $10 per bottle.

Bottle: I think best to have at least 3 to 4 bottles of each size. Especially if you dont want to keep washing bottles. If latching, then no need so many...

if intend to use NUK bottles, make sure you dont sterilise the yellow teats. I did that and it all melted.. I think those wash with a bit of warm water can liaoz. Cant really stand high heat.. So from then on i ban NUK bottles.

Princess31: My diaper changing table was those at Kiddy Palace, got bath tub below and shelves. Bathtub is kept when not in use. So far so good lei..

Cnicole: The talk looks interesting.. And got freebies somemore..

joodz... slightly cheaper lar...for me is more of the convenience sake...no need to carry so much things home... so if cheaper i get from them mah.... somemore my son also using pampers active...so normally will buy ard 4pkt to get free delivery lor...

the other link on milk powder also cheap..can consider...also got other groceries..i find is a good alternative lar...

zanta... robinson last weekend also selling the avent electric single pump @ $239 but with 5+5% rebate which cost ard $215 for the bundle deal...

worth considering if they are still selling...

preciousbabi...u got open up the avent free stretch mark cream? not bad leh... smell good...i just started trying last nite...

Origins Jamu Promo

Mummies, pls advise if you have make payment. Rebecca informed that she has 7 who paid now. Not sure, if this tallies with our figures. Have stated in list below. Let me know if you have paid but I have not indicated.

She added that she will notify us all when we hit 12.

Please be reminded to make payment to Rebecca if you have indicated your interest below.

1. Eviangal (7 days) - PAID

2. Eviangal's colleague (7 days)

3. D-Duchess (7 days)

4. Princess31 (7 days) - PAID

5. Clio (5 days) - Mrs Yap - PAID

6. Little Devil82

7. Mrs Ong

8. Joy07 (7 days) - PAID

9. Bobbidog (7 days)

10. Joanne Tan (7 days)

11. JJ (7 days) - Jan MTB

12. Imp (7 days) - Jan MTB

13. Beetle Bug (7 days)

14. Nor_Za (7 days)

15. Newly Dewly (7days) - Mar MTB

16. Miffy Tan

17. Lynn Lee - PAID

18. Sovrana

19. Stokke

20. Grace (7 days)

21. Baby K

Booking and Payment Details

1. Payment wise, she is suggesting that we pay her $200 deposit seperately. Perhaps, you might want to quote Feb MTB 2011 when emailing her? Her email add is [email protected]. You can make payment to her directly.

Pls advice your nickname too otherwise its difficult for Origins Jamu to track. She will be basing the promotion based on our name list here too. So pls, add your name to list if you wish to be included in offer.

As for the balance, it would be made on the 2nd last day of the massage.

2. Changing from 7 day to 10 days package is possible if you notify her on the 2nd day.

Babymallonline Spree

I am starting a spree for babymallonline. So far I have orders for about US$120 liaoz. Pls pm me if you wish to be included. I am only taking in US$80. Will open thread in spree site if no interest here.

I have 25% discount code off brands such as Hudson Baby and Luvable Friends. Discounts applicable even on discounted and clearance items. Take 25% off the discounted price.

Exchange rate is based on 1.38. Domestic charges will be split by number of items ordered. International charges will be split by weight.

Website address: www.babymallonline.com

Will be using comgateway for international shipping cos they have repacking option which can help shed some volume weight off.

Back