(2011/02) Feb 2011

@YJHL: Think you better consult your gynae or go for massage?

@cnicole: Sure.. Let us know again.. Btw, I called Hypermart just now to check if non-KKH patients can purchase the carseat at $49.90.. They said no! But can get from their showroom at $69.90.. So if they don’t allow you to buy more, I will go down to buy from them – pay additional $20 lor..

@WishChild: How come I call Hypermart they say can purchase at $69.90?? They tell you $89.90 ah?? So inconsistent one..

@Zanta: He is funny most of the time.. But sometimes his ‘Bo Chap’ attitude makes me worried too.. Example at last visit, he only estimated bb’s weight from his head circumference measurement telling us it’s 600-700g.. Wah.. 600-700 is 100g difference leh.. But nevermind, this visit I make sure I get the actual weight! Hmph!

@cnicole & idaar: Just added you both on FB.. Accept me!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@cnicole, i just added you in fb. thanks for ur help.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i would lik to hav orange/black colour and blue/brown colour.

@grace, no need to bring fm to TMC. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies, I think it's a good idea to add one another in FB so there are faces to the names when we are chatting here almost everyday.. Now I know how cnicole & idaar looks.. Haha.. Can add me at [email protected], Priscilla Wong..

10mins to switch to weekend mode!! Yeah!! So excited coz I'm gonna pack bb's room and stuff tomorrow.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Mummies, enjoy the long weekend!!

PreciousBabi, I dont know but i'm sure i saw is 89.90 for the car seat n i show them the pic which cnicole post on forum. I should took the pic of it. Because i still asked them whether if i dont wan the warrent can deduct $40? Haha so will be the same price at KKH promotion. =) But the play pen is still $79 without mattress. Need to top up $30 for normal mattress.

Cnicole, Just added u at facebook. Iddar what is ur FB address?

all fb request accepted.

Preciousbabi : dont need to pay $20 more. can head down to the talk on 27 nov and get the car seat for $49.90. you dont even need to register for the talk . can walk in to the auditorium and the sales person is there.

since we do not need the car seat so soon.

hyperstore so funny . you dont even need to show your kkh patient appointment card when you pay deposit at kkh.

are we calling the correct shop?

hypermart not equal to hyperstore.

the kkh offer is at hyperstore tel 68441123

69 Kaki Bukit Avenue 1

Shun Li Industrial Park Singapore 417947

@Eviangal: Oh, I didn't know that maternal milk also can get sample. Thanks alot for informing me and I'll do so over the weekend. Hehe..

@Ah Ching: Are the samples stored in glass bottles? I think previously saw this topic b4. I thought that upon giving us a small tin of a particular brand of FM, we can request for a few bottles of other brands sample.

@PreciousBabi: Too bad I don't have a FB a/c liao if not I can get to see you mummies' look too.

Can I have the website where you got your free Pampers brand diaper? I tried searching for it b4 but to no avail..

On baby's weight, although my gynae told me my bb weighs 900+ gm, but he also add on that this is just an estimate weight, not accurate de.

@OFB: I think is from stage 2-4. Friso Gold is also on sale now, buy big tin get small tin free.. But is also apply to stage 2-4.. Haiz..

Car Seat SF700 $49.90

1. cnicole - Orange

2. cnicole - Grey

3. Idaarshad - TBC

4. Zantarina - TBC

5. PreciousBabi - Orange

6. SLIM - Orange

7. SLIM - Blue

8. Wish_Child - Orange

9. cnicole's friend - Orange

dont have to pass me the money yet . I still need to conifrm if i can get 10 pieces.

@Ah Ching: You using Medela breast pump previously? Do you still have it? And do you have NUK normal neck bottle? Can the NUK bottle fit the pump?

Zanta,

I think I'll change my appt either to ard 3pm on 29th or to 26th evening if my hb can make it. 

Re: Stage 1 FM

The samples that the hospital has are ready to drink type and in glass bottles. Each bottle is ard 100-120ml depending on the brands. 

In the hospital, if u hv instructed that your baby to be on total breastfeeding, the nurses will not feed your baby anything but will bring bb to you for feeds.

As my milk supply was super pathetic in the beginning, they supplemented my boy with glucose water but they will ask your permission b4 feeding bb and will also do cup feeding to prevent nipple confusion. 

Stage 1 FM is the most expensive of all the stages...and it's never on sale one! Cos wanna promote bf mah... 

I did not get any FM to standby for my B1...my hb onli went to NTUC to get a small tin after 4-5 days when i couldn't tahan having to feed like every hr!!

But don't give up on bf! The milk supply WILL come in! Jia you mummies!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My fb addrress is [email protected]

I made fb due to my old thread mummies lah

Cnicole.. I see u made a group.. Great.. Last 2009 march thread had baby photo competition n alll also after that.... Heeee. Thanks for the pm of contact number

Precioua babi.. Accepted liaaooo

i feeling jovan move very strong n my tummy is very low.. whenever he move, feel like he anytime will fall out.. hope nobody feel the same as me.. cuz the feeling really not good..

@cnicole: I called the number you gave in previous post which is the same you just provided.. Sorry, it’s Hyperstore not Hypermart.. Haha.. That means I can get the carseat at KKH without registering for the talk?? So it’s open to public but must make purchase there izzit? Weird!! Anyway, since it’s cheap, I don’t mind making the trip down too.. Let us know if they don’t allow you to buy 10pcs.. Thanks!

@Zanta: Create an account lah!!

Opps, sorry, I didn’t request for Pampers coz their website don’t have the request for sample leh.. I requested from Diapers, Mamy Poko, Huggies & Drypers..

At least your gynae tell you 900+g.. Mine only says 600-700g.. Then we have to make a guess where bb is near to.. Haha..

FACEBOOK:

Mummies, please indicate who you are when sending the request if not we won’t know who you are.. I’ve just received a few, dunno if they are mummies here.. Mind if I clarify here.. Or can PM me to let me know… Thanks!!

Hi mums,

Robinsons is having 20% discount from today till sun..

So can stock up on some bb stuffs..

I bought some blankets & pigeon stuffs..

Fiona, eviangal, preciousbabi n cnicole., i added u girls in facebook. =)

Fiona, my bb girl also love to move below my belly belly area. N she love to kick at my bladder. Dont worries Jovan wont fall. His protected with the waterball. =)

Fiona, ur girl really very cute. How much is her weight when she born?

Unicorn, I just came back from Robinsons too and finally I bought some stuff :) spent $206 in total and they include:

- Pigeon steriliser ($95 - but no discount since already on offer)

- Pigeon bottle and food warmer ($60 after discount)

- First Few Years drying rack ($30 after discount)

- Pigeon sponge brush ($5+ after discount)

- Pigeon bottle liquid detergent ($12 after discount)

I wanted to buy baby's shampoo but there are so many different types... dunno which one is better. Any advice?

Hi mummies, I am on leave today. So many posts to catch up.

Geri: we(hubby and I) had planned to go to the red event actually but end up no time. Hope it went well.

Went for my (almost) 28 weeks checkup today. Baby is now 1277g. So stunned cos 4 weeks ago only 700+g. I scared overweight but my doctor told me it's within acceptable range. I also told him about my contractions and sides and tailbone pain and showed him my tracking of contractions. He told me don't worry but as a precaution prescribed me ventolin to soften the uterus and advices me to rest and slow movement. If it gets bad I got to call him immediately.

Hi Mummies,

I m a mummy from Mar 2008 thread. I am helping a friend to look for mummies n mummies to be for a radio interview and focus group discussion about yr pregnancy journey. You will be paid each session. Kindly PM me if you are keen so that I can give you the dates for discussion n her no. to contact her directly. Tnx.

wish child: hee.. thanks for assuring me that he won't fall.. cuz very heavy down there.. haha.. my girl weight 2.4kg when birth.. when she go home time her weight go to 2.3kg.. but now her tummy also look like pregnant also.. Erm.. got one question about cda account.. cuz some of the childcare can pay by this account.. but i already put deposit at the childcare which is not approve by mcys.. how can i get my deposit back? my girl january den go school.. headache.. don't know whether can get back the deposit n change to other childcare anot.. what i mean is let her go for 1 month den inform them that i want to withdraw her.. but will they eat away my deposit?

@dduchess: Added u in fb..

@Joodz: Good to hear that ur bb is absorbing well.. How does contraction feels like? Can describe a bit? Do follow gynae's instructions and take care..

Shampoo.. Start i always trust johnson n johnsons the yellow one.. Try that k...

Fiona.. Ur babies so small at birth.. U are small too rite?

Mami b.. Saw the nb n 0-3 m rompers i tagged u?

Baby shampoo... U can consider California baby shampoo or mustela brand... Both not bad

For my boy I using California baby range and so far very good so be continuing to use this for #2...

Robinson sale: yeah sale again and I went to stock up on milk bottles and spend $100++ on it heheee

Oh ya I saw the bundle deal on avent sterilizer leh... Not sure who want to get... Can go cityhall Robinson check out

Fiona, No problem. Hmm for the childcare i not so sure le. =)

Haha ur bb girl 2.4kg wow look like more than 2.4kg. So cute n chubby. Hehe.

Jooz, Wow ur bb is 1224gram. Is it consider heavy for 28weeks? Hmm i cant wait for my bb checkup. =)

NTUC having promotion on bb stuff.

check out today's ST.

I am drinking annum from the 1st preg. not so sweet. similac is too sweet for me. i drink vanilla (plain) flavour with milo and sometimes i add the Nestle cereal if i need to fill my tum. Usually abt 3 scopes each to make a cup. and i try to take my daily doze of multi vit, fish oil n calcium.

Hi to all mummies...

Been long time since i chat here...my scan is confirm to have a gal...

Been so busy alone looking after my boy n he been sick then my turn to fall sick...plus dad got hospitalised...

Choc, kindly update my chart of having a gal...thanks

U gals can also add me in fb, email is [email protected]

Grace: TMC will feed BB FM upon mother's request. Upon discharge u can request for additional bottles of the ready made FM.

So no need to bring your own formula to the hospital.

I'm not sure whether they charge cos I didnt go read my BB's hospital bill in details.

zanta: normally I will express into Medela storage or Pigeon storage bottles.

I think should be ok with NUK cos I used NUK teats with the Medela and Pigeon bottles...

I think Medela is compatible with all normal narrow neck bottles.

Anyway, when express should put in small storage bottles. cos it is easier to heat up and store.

the normal Medela bottles quite thick, so when I put in hot water to heat up the ebm, take a very long time..

I used the below type of bottle, heats up easily.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4699008.jpg]

But the can store only up to 80 ml..

so when BB apetite become bigger then I use the Pigeon bottles..

When I feed FM, I use Bfree plus, really effective in preventing colic.. cos I sold my unused bottles to some mummies who swear by it!

Never experience storing in BM storage bags..

I wonder how it works?

Is it when want to use the ebm then pour into bottle to heat up?

I think so wasteful of the ebm cos some will be left in the milk bag..

sigh.. but no choice, must consider cos I'll be going back to work when BB is 2 months old..

I read that we must feed ebm at body temp then the antibodies will be beneficial to BB..

but if feed from bottle how to maintain body temp thruout the feed..

and how to measure exact temp of EBM?

cos if too cold then the antibodies not active so will not provide the benefits to baby.

Idaar, think u have 3 pieces which are 0-3mths. Those are the ones I need to buy because I have alot of 3-6 mths size carters rompers which I bot from online website at $12.50 for five pieces. They didn't have NB or 0month size. So still looking around. Let me know if you have more pieces of small new born size ones.

Ah Ching: Body temperature is 36-37 degrees. Many bottlewarmers have a themostat selection at 40 degrees. When u start feeding baby, the milk temperature should fall as time pass by, and reach body temperature. That's what I think lah...

Preciousbabi: it's just painless tightening and it's very normal except some people have more sensitive uterus which might lead to early labour, but very rare.. Still must take care just in case.. For my toghtenings I experience about every hour but not consistent and no pain..

Wishchild: I thought 1277g is heavy cos I refer to babycenter website and they say average weight for 28 weeks only about 1.1kg. But dr still said it's okay.. But to be on safe side I better cut down on unnecessary food intake cos I've been eating alot these days..

@Su: Thanks for informing us that stage 1 FM don't go on sale coz I was still hoping to wait for sales time then buy a tin to standby. Haha..

@PreciousBabi: Ya lor, Pampers like so niao, never give out samples. Nvm, since TMC give a pack upon discharge then I'll probably buy 2 other brands to try. Btw, I thought drypers need to provide details of bb upon request of samples but we have yet to give birth how to provide them..?

@Unicorn, @choc, @moomoo: Non-member of Robinsons got 20% off?

@Joodz: Wow.. Your bb has exceeded 1kg. Good that she has been absorbing well. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Me too, had been eating alot lately. Tried to control my diet/intake but v hard le..

@Fiona: Don't worry so much, bb Jovan won't fall out so easily de. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Did Dr Ang mentioned that you're carrying bb Jovan low? During my last visit he mentioned I'm not carrying my bb low.

@Cheyanne: Congrats on your girl..!!

@Ah Ching: My hubby's SIL told me NUK's teats with pigeon bottle will cause leaking of milk. Did you experience that?

The Pigeon Bottle & Food Warmer which came as a bundle with the Sterilizer I bought has got 3 temperatures to choose from, 40, 70 & 100 degrees celsius.

Hi

Just came back from midnight shopping at NTUC Xtra 24 hrs. Bought some baby stuffs from their Baby Fair. I think is quite cheap, maybe cheaper than elsewhere. They have 20% discounts on Pigeon, NUK, The First Years, Lucky Baby, Philip Avent, Chicco, Tollyjoy etc. They also have 30% discount on Pigeon Wide Neck Bottles. 160ml $11.15, and 240ml $13.25. cheaper is it? I didn't get it cos i have enough 5 bottles.

I feel tempted to buy Huggies Newborn 24s x 2 packs at $12.75. Is their newborn diapers good? still thinking get Pampers.. haha

Moomoo

Saw you bought some stuffs from Robinson. I think i saw it cheaper at NTUC sale as they have 20% discount and the Pigeon Bottle Cleanser you buy $12 but i just bought $11 from NTUC. They have offer on that one. If interested in Kodomo brand, it offering $8.85 usual price $10.90

Mami b... I go source more for u for smaller ones.. So this u want?? Pm me lah.. I put aside n give u free Postage... Then i go ask my supplier if they have anymore.. I have the gap rompers at 3-6mnths for long sleeved also if u want... I have queen of the crib romper also 3-6m.... U cn see in the pic... I settle wat u want first then i go find a few mor for u also ok??

morning all...

diapers :

Im getting newborn nepia from the web $15 for 60 pieces. next day delivery. highly recommended from friends

shampoo :

get johnson and johnsons head to toe yellow bottle so dont have to buy seperate bottles for body wash and shampoo. my sis said i big bottle can last very long as for babies you only squeeze a bit in the water.

mami.. b.. ok noted

wahh raining heavily now... and i am werking.. hmm.. nevermind lah.. get 1 day of extra leave

nepia.. is ok.. but seriously it does leak for my boys lehh.. funny but it does... but maybe i will order for the nb and s size.. actually last time i collated orders for fitti premium. the other type of fitti for $10 a pack.. i see if i can get the number again n update u mummies ok

mami b.. one supplier does not carry nb packs.. smallest she has is 3 months as she says nb very hard to sell.

checking with another now..

zanta, abt NUK teats and pigeon bottle leaking, I think is becos didnt screw on properly.

Cos that was what my MIL experience when she feed.

When I feed, it is ok..

But review for NUK teat is very good so i use NUK teats.. didnt let my boy use any pigeon teat.

TMC is also using NUK teats btw.

I'm also in office now, working cos Tuesday I took time off.

My last birth, I didnt have all the electronic gadgets like steriliser and warmer..

ha ha.. breast pump also hand me down.

i just use sterilising tablets and warm water to heat milk.

1 tablet can last 24 hours. so u can resoak all the bottles into the same water.

then just change water once a day.

can throw in anything, no need to worry abt melting. or whether bottles can fit or not.

Zanta - the robinson discount is open to all... But seems like ntuc has better offers... Hee

OFB - thanks for the info, more shopping for me today then! So what did you buy?

Hi mummies,

Have been few days din post here...was on course and pretty busy as well. Do add me as well in the FB though i not active hee cheri phan pyng (do include who r u so that i can confirm u k)

@eviangal - hv emailed rebecca & will make payment soon. As for bb mall, kindly email me if u open other batch so that i dun wan to rush my order & tks!

@princess31- heard on ur bleeding urine and do consult ur gynae for more detail and dun feel paiseh coz it urs and ur bb health which matter! I've low lying placenta too and before i knew, i used to walk with heavy bag fro office to home (i tried to exercise by walking more) but now i will avoid carry heavy things and walk slower. Take care!

@cnicole - it's a steal and can i just buy at kkh on 27 nov as i did not noticed the cheap price when i were there on the 30 Oct [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Im not kkh patient but i'll be attending antenatal prog on every sat. I agreed that Nuturing Your Child talk is very enriching and both my hubby and i enjoyed it tremendously..all tks to the speaker!

@pinkyval - Like moomoo73, i had experienced once bad cramp which lasted for hours! Checked with my gynae, it's caused by food i ate. Otherthan that, i do encountered slight cramp occassionally which would go off shortly.

@preciousbb - sad to say, i hardly drink milk! To subsititue that, i try to take more calcium rich food like green leafy veg, soy food and soya milk. Saying that, i will include milk more in my diet as i really scare no breastmilk in the later stage...lol Even if i drink, i'll add hot water in my milk (those cold type like HL milk) and i dun think i will kill the nutritious right as it already pastuerised.

@SLim - ur bb wt same as mine, its ur tummy small?

anyone signed up with cordlife or stemcord? which one is better?

Moomoo

We bought pigeon breastpads 60+12 pcs $13.90. It's says usual price $17+ but dont know really cheap or not. Haha. Bought a tollyjoy mitten and booted $1.90 (20%off), bought the pigeon bottle cleanser $8.85, a pigeon thermometer $7.90(20%off) and a lucky baby cot mat $9.90. Also bought mamypoke baby wipes 80s x 3 packs for $9.45, i think cheapest i seen. Tried looking for pigeon cooling adhesive but could not find it. They offer a pack at $4.95, usually $6+. will try finding it this weekend.

Go to the ntuc xtra hypermart in amk, jurong pt or hougang. Think ntuc fairprice quite limited variety. I recommend jurong point. Their Xmas decoratives is up, I think precious moments theme designs. Very cute with all the huge dummy precious moments decoratives. Quite a lot. Haha

Zantarina: dr ang never say anything.. think next visit i will ask him..

cheyanne: added u in FB.. congratz.. one boi one girl.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

d-duchess: also added u.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

having cold war with hubby.. so angry with him..

argh.. he was changing the bedsheet just now..

den i saw him move the whole bed one side n put the new bedsheet..

den after that i tell him nicely that next time change dun like that..

he scold me say i very pantang n say that he wan to be safe for himself to prevert cut from the bed frame..

WTH right.. i damn angry lo.. he wan to be safe for himself..

den if baby got anything wrong how..

better to believe dan to be sorry what..

still can tell me in a attitude voice..

ANGRY!!!!!!!

mrs ong:

I bought cordlife for moi eldest...

Fiona:

noted!

don't get so angry... guess it's might be more of his reactions than his intentions that anger you

baby knows when you are upset..

talk him again when both of better and cool off mood.. =)

@mrs Ong, my tummy is not small. that's why i worry that all the weight put on me not the bb. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] after give birth, difficult to slim down and get back to pre-preg weight.

Back