(2011/01) Jan 2011

Hi Nimkulut,

U r so lucky! I have already printed out the packing list.. Maybe I will pass it to my hubby tonight. Haha

I do not have any front open buttoned pyjamas..

Anyone knows if I can wear the hospital robe/clothes during my stay?

Wah! Nimkulut.. Your hubby did everything? Dats so nice.. I can't really get the hubby to do anything.. Except shopping for his new "toy", aka the video camera.. Which he was more than happy to do..

Hospital bag: so far managed to squeeze my stuff and baby's into one bag.. Only left toiletries and my own day clothes for hospital stay... My hubby will hv to fend for himself, although I reckon that I'll hv to come up with a list for him.. He will surely forget to pack something...

Hi Nimkulut

Its great to see yr hubby being so involved. I have friends whose hubby dun even bother much even as a first time father.

I am very thankful tat my hubby is so involved. He also set up cot, fixed up 2 cupboards frm ikea. Read out on wat is contraction. We are now rushing thru a 2000pcs winnie the pooh puzzle and he is doing most of it. Its a welcome gift for our little one into this world.

He even bought Q up and paid for sanitary pads and disposable panties when we were at Taka Watson on Sat. So many pple. I feel so paisay for him. lol.

CL,

I wore the hospital robe last time. But not comfy and very cold coz the back is bare. Plus not breast-feeding friendly. I suggest to bring your own PJ. Btw, mine was at TMC. Other hospitals I have no idea.

Nimkulut, WAH!!! So envious u hv such pro-active hb! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yeah Nimkulut, you hubby is so onz! very good! 5 stars!I was super paranoid about how clean BB's clothes shld be so I din allow hubby to wash them...haha...

Daphne - thanks for the advice, will start with a very basic first-aid box then, think the fever patch should be useful before we can reach the PD.

Pooh - baby will be swaddled quite tightly so I think the clothing won't really rub against the belly button too much. I think button front is preferred caused it is easier to put on cause their necks are so limp...

Luckymummy - Now that you reminded me, I also have the pump bag!! Haha...so sama sama, the entire household, 5 bags! So paiseh when we check in, think better assemble then in a trolley bag.

Yep my hb is freaky~ think he is suffering from more pregnancy symptoms than i do lo~

he has craving for coconut water also~ and a serious case of "nesting instinct"...

Nimkulut! Envy envy leh! Your husband deserves a standing ovation. Mine, though like yours is also a first time father, don't seem to be very engaged in the whole process. Everytime only answer: Orh...

Ask him to set up the bb cot need to wait for the sky to drop. Buy bb mattress he say he will wait cuz dun wanna collect dust at home...??!! Then I told him jokingly that he can do it when I'm in the hospital he said ok lor! *FAINT*...

I will be delivering at TMC too.. Looks like I gotta find some pasar malem to buy those comfy PJs..

Speaking of maternity pads, now I start to doubt whether my hubby can pack my hospital bag.. Coz his fren passed him some maternity pads for me and he told me its baby diapers.. I almost pengz..

Oh.. I havent opened my pump and sterilizer.. One day I must open up and learn to operate them first!

Oh mummies, me was scheduled on 1 jan i hav not even pack my bag yet..4 bags? oops i was only thinking of one bag...kekeke..

lilyh: No worries. can get everything in time one. Everyday pack a little can liao. I also intend to do it later... and thinking of only 2 bags, 1 for me and 1 for bb, nothing for HB... haaha...

Hi Akaysha,

If you are going to tailor make your bb matress.. better go it fast. My hubby just went to Seahorse to tailor make my bb matress over the weekend. Earliest delivery date is 5th Jan!! My hubby was telling my boy to come out after 5th.. if not he will have no bed to sleep on!

Hi CL,

Nahz, we are getting the ready made ones, so my hubby thinks he has all the time in the world to get things done! Let him be lor... when bb arrives I can see him panicking...

akaysha, ya dun think my hubby need as he will be a superman ..he need to travel between home and hopsital ..poor him. as my son goes p1 so we need to manage it properly

CL, haha... maternity pad = bb diapers? so funny. keke

im not using maternity pads. I find the normal menstruation pad for heavy night use.. is much more comfy, slimmer n longer. Much Better. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Haahaa... men... they really do think that they are super human beings... hahaa...

Anyone here celebrating Christmas? My frenz and I are having a gathering at my place, and I was wondering if we can have some sort of gathering too after our confinement...

Miaiko: Oops... really, the maternity pads are not comfy? I bought 2 packs... 1 under Kotex and another 1 pack at the JL sale last week... argh... kinda regretting it now...

Hi Pooh, Thanks for your recommentation on the SH matress. I will go take a look. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pui2, grumpus, i use to think that we can't consume any liquor including DOM if we want to bf. but recently learnt from friends that DOM can actually be used to cook confinement food for bf mom. their cfl will cook the dishes with DOM until liquor evaporate then serve. i went read up receipes and found some dishes are prepared this way.

puix2, you may want to check with your confinement helpers if they know how to make the dishes. my previous cfl doesn't know this method in preparing confinement dishes.

Hi luckymummy11, may i know what is the selling price for the babysafe products before Robinson sale discount?

akaysha, Thanks for helping to summarise on the topics on this forum recently. still got updates on DT rite ;)

CL, your bb can come out on 3rd or 4th la. u need to stay in hospital for at least 2 days after delivery mah.

wow, thread moves fast in the afternoon!

kimmy>

yeah yeah, will bring the hospital bag along for next visit liao! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

nimkulut & pooh>

wow... ur hubbies are so onz! shiok! mine had to keep bugging him to set up this, do this, do that. :p

maternity pads>

yups, me also bought the heavy night use type, same as miaiko...

lily H>

Hang in there! jia you!!!

RE: Baby Mattress

Hi Akaysa/Ting : Yeah.. Agreed with CL, we purchased the mattress at Seahorse and the waiting time is 3wks. Still waiting to collect them. Purchase end Nov, can only collect around mid Dec. So if you want to order from Seahorse, better order fast. And get it while the 50% discount is still on (not sure till when though)

Hosp bag

Yeah.. I got hosp bag packed too. I dumped the stuffs on the bed and my hubby pack them. Told him to pack so tat he knows where are the stuffs. hehe.. Left only hp/ camera & charger yet to pack.

nimkulut & pooh,

Ya...your hubby are so onz..my hubby on and off one, he even ask if I help him to pack his stuffs.

Cookie,

Gambate!!!

Chercat,

Ya...cookie or me...mine confirm on 21th 2pm.no more chances....so scared!!

Breast pump:

Do we really need to bring our pump to hospital? My fren told me TMC will carry baby for milk time every 3 hours. So Im not sure if we need to pump out the milk after breastfeed our baby. If we pump out, we throw the milk away?

maternity Pad:

Yeah, same as miako and cookie..I just buy those normal night use pad..

confinement food for breastfeeding mom:

Our dishes can cook with pu2 tao2 jiu3 rite? Cos my mom got prepare few bottle for me.

re: hosp bags

Wow! seems like most mummies packed their bags already. I have to finish mine after I iron some baby clothes.

pooh and nimkulut: soo lucky! hubby is so involve in setting up everything for the little one.

mummies: need your help...does anybody know how to do direct hiring for a filipino domestic helper? any website that can be useful. thanks

Chercat:

Hi-5! LOL... I packed my stuff into those trolley luggage bag to. Easy to bring ard. Haa~

Miaiko:

Your hubby is so nice will help you massge... Mine bought this U Squeeze coz he wanna use.. then asked me to use it so I won't bother him... Boohoo

Kikapo:

I only have therometer at home. No other med. Collect fever med when we go for jab lor, thats all. Anyway... think baby under don't know 3 or 6 mths cannot any how take med hor. Don't try to self medicate like adults huh. Dangerous....

Nimkulut:

Your hubby is very hands on leh! Good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Akaysha:

I have arranged for family gatherings at my place for Xmas... tree set up, presents bought. Told my girl that she cant come out on Xmas coz too troublesome for mummy to cancel. LOL!

Casey:

Direct hire? Er... you not scare meh? From agency already gotta make sure can change if we don't like liao. If direct very mafan right.. imagine... apply WP, arrange travel, logistics... I think liao also scare mafan.

hi mummies

hospital bag

i very kiasu.. packed that when i was 30th week. 2 bags, mine n BB stuff is in one. Hubby 1 backpack. worry if i packed everything together it'll be difficult for him/me to find the stuff. i even left a list of wat to pack (I/C, charger, HP) when i go shower when contraction set in. shld be idiot-proof enuff le.

pinky,

hubby need a jacket at least bah? air-con is centrally control. can get really cold. that is what the labour ward nurse remind us to bring during the tour.

Nimkulut and pooh

5 star hubby!

alcohol during confinement

when u put alcohol when u cook, the alcohol have actually evaporate due to the heat. so dun worry.

if you intend to drink it directly, heat it up to 70-80 degree.. will kill off the alcohol content already. so do these before u drink.

chabby:

Thanks for the reminder to heat up the dom. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jass,

that's from my cousin who had 3 kids. she say buy a cheap food warmer. can heat up breast milk and DOM..

If you wan to buy a cheap one, the cheapest i've seen is $39.90 (SHEARS) at John little expo. Avent is over $100!!

Ting,

I know alcohol can be consumed if used in cooking. I finished 10 bottles of rice wine during my #1 confinement.

I was referring to drinking DOM straight.

Hi grumpus, so can we use dom for cooking instead of red wine?

Kimmysks, am bringing my breast pump along just in case my bb lazy to suck.

Ting,

which items u wanna know abt? Mattress cot sized of 3" thickness was $235. Cot sheets buy 2 get 1 free $56. Material is quite good. Infant pillow with indentation to prevent flathead $21.80. That's what I rem offhand.

Ting, yup can use DOM instead of red rice wine. My cl last time used it to boil tonic soup.

But I think DOM a lot more ex than rice wine lei. A bit wasted to use in cooking right.

Hi ladies,

Since we're on the topic of confinement, can I check for those who are hiring confinement nannies, how much are you intending to give for their angpow?

Is it 1 ang pow when they arrive and 1 ang pow when they leave?

Chabby:

Thanks for the lobang. I have got the Avent one liao... preloved from #1. Come to think of it I have not checked if that still works.

Grumpus:

My mum also made me drink dom straight during the 1st confinement. Makes me sweaty and hot. Think I only took less than 1/3 in total. Got expiry date wan a not huh? Sorry a bit sua ku.

Sorry to interrupt. Any mummies here looking for stylish trendy nursing wear this festive season?

Brand New MOTHERS EN VOGUE nursing maternity wear sale 60% off

More than 20 currently still in store designs available. XS-L sizes!!

Email [email protected] or PM me for details now til 16 Dec (Thur)!!

Jass,

Haha, I also hv a big opened bottle of DOM left. Not sure abt expiry date. Think alcohol usually no expiry bah.

miaiko,

Haha yup, I had a full confinement the last time. Wine in breakfast, lunch, dinner, and nightly tonic soup. Finished one bottle of wine every 3 days.

Grumpus,

How is rice wine gd for confinement? I did not do any confinement previously. just order catering and I was all on my own since back from hospital. So I duno abt such things. :p

My MIL asks if need her to prepare.. I juz say ok.

mummies..

wat craving do u hv with this pregnancy?

I tot I had none.. till yday... I developed a craving for Peach Ice Tea! Which I disliked before preggy. Oh man!

Hi cookiefleur I hav the same questin too about ang pao

hi mummies any one can share abt this? Ang pao for CL? Thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning ladies!

DOM has expiry date one leh... Better check the bottle before you consume, in case it has already expired...

Cravings

Don't really have any, but just wanna eat ice cream all the time. Luckily not the expensive type.. A mac ice cream cone or sundae will usually satisfy my craving...

Grumpus - Wow.. I didnt drink much wine/liqour during confinement for my #1.

seriously, do U find any difference in yr body? My family members been asking me to do my confinement well this round to "bu" back what was lost, coz my health and physical state is really worse off than before, think age do play a part too.

Ninkulut and those mummies who have v involved hubbies - Good for you and really envy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]) Wished mine is 20% of yrs.. then i'll be in cloud nine le... :p

My hospital bag is also not packed yet..sigh.. must go and find a bag first to store all these barangs .. thik will just get one bag.. and squeeze BB's and mine inside the bag.. I forsee alot to carry (BB, the carseat, bags, and gifts that pple give during visitation and also hospital stuff) during discharge if too many bags.

CL AP - I also not v sure.. But I think I will give more in the first AP and lesser in the second one (my hb says if i find her not so good then the "departing" AP not need to be as much as the first one wor...)

Do we need to give during CNY? My agent says no need...

Anyone engaged via agency? PEM???

chabby>> i asked hubby last night if he needed one jacket.. he just stared at me in amazement.. LOL.. so i shall not bother packing anything for him except HP charger which is alr in the bag.. left the IC and HP part to put in when i am on the way to hosp.. hehe.. so baby and mummy 1 bag! whee..

re: hospital bag

what did you all pack for baby? i'm pretty amazed by the amount of things that you all are packing.. i've only got a receiving blanket, a bodysuit to go home, a pair of booties and a small face towel for baby that's all.. all within 1 ziploc bag from ikea..

Pinky_j:

Yeah, don't need to bother about him... at most, he can go back and bring the things he needs. Guys very chin chye wan. :p

I've got 2 set of clothes, 1 receiving blanket, 1 sling, 1 set of mitten, booties. That's all. Don't bring too much coz sometimes visitors might buy gifts. All these will add to your homecoming barangs! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi PM,

I confirmed my CL with an agency called JIA employment, but till date they have not asked me for a deposit. Kinda worried last min they will tell me dun have any CL for me then I will really faint... I tried to engage PEM. Guess what they told me. They have a CL for me, but needs to return to M'sia by 26th Jan and my EDD is 21st Jan. Why would I need a CL for less than 5 days then? Duh...

Hi ladies.. Morning..

Hospital bag: I have pack finish mine n baby already..

For my hubby think on that day ask him to bring along a jacket will do..

Since he can't stay in with me cuz I will be taking 4 bedded upgrade to 2..

Hope that day the 2 bedded is not all taken up..

I'm in 33 weeks only.. Next week den go check up..

Dun know whether can ask gynae for the induce date anot..

Can we choose the date?

miaiko,

actually i'm not entirely sure also.....haha... my mum prepared the wine and my cl cooked.

but i think the wine is like ginger, supposed to keep the body warm and get rid of 'wind'

Akaysha, Think u better call to confirm nearer the date, esp when u have not paid deposit (no guarantee)

I got 'flied kite' last round also, for both massage lady and CL... really tough luck.

When did u contact PEM? guess it's CNY period thus v short handed.. yah... makes no sense for 5days CL.. hahaha

RE: Coconut juice

Mummies, have u guys started drinking coconut juice. I may want to start this week liao. Going to buy from NTUC. Hope that have.

RE: Hospital Bag

Pinky

I packed two rompers, 2 sets of mittens/booties. 1 cap, 1 baby swaddle blanket (all new ones). But I may need to buy a button up top cos I forsee that romper may not be practical when I bring my little one home.

Back