(2010/12) December 2010 MTB

Neko: gues it's gonna be tough time, i rem u sayin ur hb will be overseas for months n back only awhile rite..all mummies here ready to lend listening ear to u. hope u take gd care of urself (mentally n physically) cos still got ur bb to look after. if there is anything we can help, do let us know.

eon: i get wat u feel when ur hb don appreciate ur mum. sometimes i feel tat my hb don appreciate his mum.taking her for granted, so i awas try to tell him tat bb is his, not his mum's one. he gotta play a more impt role. nowadays my boy cries whenever he baths on weekend n even at some feeding times, the boy doesnt want him. he starts to feel it, saying bb bullies him, but i told him it's aftermath cos he used to yell n smack bb backside when bb cried so loudly after bath while changing. but it's awas gd to iron things out la. for me, if i buay song, i don talk, then hb will know. sometimes nx day he will start strikin conversation n i will see my mood lo.lol. but at times, i will also give in if no big issue lo. give n take la.

jul: gd to hear tat things r better. bb is also our precious, gd to be on the safe side actually =D

passport: btw, any mums did passport with bb details inside? i need to renew passport online, but dont seems to haf any details abt adding bb into my passport le. any advice?

Subject: June Gathering

Date: 18-Jun, Saturday, 2pm onwards?

Venue: TBA (anyone can offer their house? or suggest some playground place that our babies can roll around at?)

Attendees:

1) Dew

2) Eon

3) yvaine

4) muddypaws

5) Juliana

6) cherry

7) PSH

8) Debbie

9) liling

10) Dbaby (priscilla)

11) amuro

12) CC

Hi mummies, I'm keen with the June gathering too. Please add me. Hope to meet you all this time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cherrry, if the gym class is on please lemme know okie .. thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

EonEon: hmm, yr hb is mayb experiencing emotional imbalance. Seeing your mum so close wif his princess, a bit jealous i guess. Tat's wat my HB do always. His very possessive wif his girl girl now .. & he thinks the best his mum can take care .. same like yr HB. So dun kill ourself, kill the HB first ..

Stefie, good to hear tat yr HB wants somemore babies .. jiayou dear [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

stefie, my hub never even start, so cant encourage hahahah!!

duno how to get him to start also, anw think just let him be haha!

CC, baby have to get own passport, cant add into ours anymore...

Passport> now bb need to apply their own. Remember to set appointment for collection so you don't hv to wait long to collect!

Neko> (((((hugs)))))) do take care, ok? I hope you guys can take some time to talk this through, maybe write a letter if you think you cannot talk to him. Take care, dear!

dewdew, think is like gymboree which helps in their gross motor skill. next one we can hav gymboree trial.

probably we hold back a later, wait for other mummies feedback and i let u all know. but its suppose to be v fun and get babies to engage but of cos parents do alot of workout. hee!

neko, hugs! pls do rant here or talk to us whenever u need ok.

Jialing, my girl neck also not v firm but is suitable. they accept babies from 4mths onwards.

amuro, u signing up yoga class for ur babe? i did preg pilates with inspire last year. not bad.

juliana, lilsunshine, i update u again ya [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sunshine, ha!! ha!! Yes yes kill hubbies first. Ha!!! ha!!!

Thanks, but I think maybe wait till Alexis is 1 year old bah, easier for me. Just let nature takes its own course. If I TTCing I need to see my sinseh to tiao then can try.

Anyway I am still enjoying my holidays from BD leh. So just enjoy my freedom now[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Stefie: yes, my hubby is like a big boy! Handling him takes a lot of brainstorming.

Cc: terrible right? I feel so bad for my mum. How can my hubby be making that kind of remarks & comparisons! My mum will be heartbroken if she knows about it.

Lilsunshine: I hope so. It's tiring trying to correct his thinking!

cherry: how long is the session? the timing can be earlier? im quite keen.

mangogal: check with ur IFC abt the handprint paint lei.. i want to do for my hb too.. haha~~ hopefully he can change to be a better father & hubby. heehee. i do let my baby watch the DVD. but not everyday.. he watch it during his feeding time. cos i will watch my own program and he will wantt o turn his head to the TV too.. so watch the DVD better. =P

amuro: care to share more info on this inspire mon & baby yoga?

neko: if you need a listening ear, i believe all mummies here are willing to you our support. do rant here if you need.

Btw mommies, if really no choice you and hubby start quarrelling do remember your baby can hear and see. So spare a thought for them. It may creates -ve feelings in them. Babies are supposed to be happy and carefree.

Try to be as positive as possible. It really helps babies to be happy. Said is easier than done. Just try.

Just my 2 cents worth[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Eon Eon, let him be free and easy. Once he have enough he will stop[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] The more you niam, the more he will resist. My hubby also like that ha!!! ha!!!

Neko; I agree with roz. I used to write long letters to my hubby whenever I am unhappy over something. Maybe I should start doing that.

cindy: me stll blur blur! tot can save $$ by adding bb into my passport...chey.

roz: ok, noted. will make appt then.

hubby=big boy: my galfren awas tell me she has 3 boys lo..2 young n 1 old one...guess mostly guys r like dat though there r gd hb cum daddy n exceptions. even my sil asks me to accept the fact, but i wont wanna accept the cold fact! lol! still wanna my hb to play his role as a daddy as muc as he can.cannot just let them 'off' so easily. i mean for the sake of bb's healthy upgrowing, it's gd if he can play a more active role.

Cc: yes, must make appointment. We got our girl's passport in less than 15 minutes & it's a Monday when we went to collect.

I also don't want to accept this fact thus have been trying. Especially so after I see so many new age daddy here so I'm inspired to have my hubby be like them. Guess, I better give up this idea.

Hi Mummies,

I have a brand new walker to let go.

Brand: Puku

Colour: Blue

Got another set as gift so selling this. Comes with a box.

Usual Price: S$59.00

Selling: S$49.00

Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5447176.jpg]

Eon Eon, the greatest joy is to see our babies mah. Whatever we do also for our little ones. I guess Daddies also feel the same.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] So jia you okay[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies, thanks .. will go & apply a passport for my girl. Hopefully can bring her for trip [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Stefie: Yah, let's enjoy now ..

Becos of GE, i been telling my bb .. her daddy opposition party .. dun support him.

Keep ranting abt my "grassroots" aka my parents .. haha!! But hor, like most ppl .. she seems to favor opp. party leh .. forget abt me when daddy comes back .. I slog at home so much & yet being taken for granted "_" pissed ...

Eoneon: dun let yr mum know .. it's gg to be hurting for her. Take tat yr HB singing song.

mummies here... u know wat the procedure of changing bb name in birth cert? recently went to hear a master to talk abt geomancy... and seems that it will be better if i change bb name... like to do it before he start to learn writing his name...

brought bb poo to see PD yest... cos still got some red spots... PD say mayb stomach infection with bad bacteria...this visit cost me $120!! alamak.... and next week is his injection....

Hi rachel, read that an alteration of the child’s name in the birth register can .. before one year old. Some fee involved, This alteration can only be done at Registry of Births at ICA Building. U can call ICA at 6391 6100.

Yvaine, don't know when is his next trip back, months later I guess. I didn't want to share details here cuz really no mood to type length of story. I'm living in constant fear everyday that his next trip home will talk about D again.

I really hope he can open up his heart again

Klitz: i'm so sorry, for some reasons i missed out on your post this afternoon. Only saw it just now. Will PM you my friend's contact now

hi mummies,

not sure if i can join in the June gathering cos i would have started work by then, not sure if i still hv the energy to go out during the weekends! sigh, not looking forward to work at all, after more than 1 year of not working, engine feels v v rusty!

A few of us are meeting tomorrow at my place, jus a simple gathering, PM me if you wanna join k? i think cherry mentioned it earlier..

last chance to come my place liao cos i starting work 1st June, sian...

Neko,

do take care, i dunno what to say to make u feel better, but like wat Roz says, u can try writing to him if he doesn't want to talk to u, i feel tat it helps esp when sometimes talking face to face leads to quarrels...

Abt husbands being grumpy, maybe they jus need some extra loving if u know wat i mean? hehe.. cos i know a lot of us stopped BD when preg, so they hv been deprived so long, so lots of pent up frustrations, haha..

Subject: June Gathering

Date: 18-Jun, Saturday, 2pm onwards?

Venue: TBA (anyone can offer their house? or suggest some playground place that our babies can roll around at?)

Attendees:

1) Dew

2) Eon

3) yvaine

4) muddypaws

5) Juliana

6) cherry

7) PSH

8) Debbie

9) liling

10) Dbaby (priscilla)

11) amuro

12) CC

13) dec mum (tbc)

I would love to join cos i had not join any outing since the one on sengkang but I always bring back my girl to visit my mum in sat hence need to arrange...

Cherry,

where n when is your weekday outing? Can I join too? I would be able to make it if the timing is right cos I usually dun work so early, and I not working on wed.

Eoneon,

Just a suggestion on how I solve the money issue. My hubby will pass his money to his mum and I pass mine to my mum. For my case, my mil is my girl's main caregiver, while my mum only help me on sat. I guess this might reduce some conflicts.

One of the mummies recommended some supplements to prevent hair loss. What's the brand again? I'm so stressed, depressed that my hair loss is getting worst

Re passport

Anyone know how offen do we need to change bb's passport? I heard that muz change whenever bb's face changes. Isn't it like every year?

yvaine, mangogal, i will arrange one at my place. let u all know ok [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

neko, pple say bb is 爱的结晶. but ever since having this bb. i seem to be even unhappier in life. with my parents in law, with my husband. now even to the extend to gg to divorce. partially bcos of his infidelity. but also bcos too much conflicts and quarrels in the past have built up to a point of no return.

neko, try to talk to him when he's in a better mood. and give in and let go as much as u can.. sometimes thinking back, i shld have listened to esquare's advice and let go and not be so concentrated in the bb tt i din notice my marriage going onto the rocks. eventually i lost my husband and my bb lost her complete family.

i hope with my bad example here, u gals can keep an open mind and have a happier marriage...

Eon eon

I think one way to improve your situation is to hire a part time maid to do household chores. Sometimes hubby and wife rship worsen because both parties are too tired. So having extra help really do help.

Neko, be strong. It must be a very difficult time for you... ESP since your hubby is away. Can't really have a talk with him. Be strong.

dec mum> last time passport can just update photo at no charge but now cannot. Change photo means must apply new passport = $70 each time. If you apply for passport when baby is newborn, of course the face will change lor. Got one time this officer commented that we need to update the photo on my girl's passport when she was about 3+ but I just nod and smile..

osh gosh> I know what you mean....I think we are so caught up with being a mummy that we forget we are also wives. do spend some time to catch up with your husbands, just talking about stuff other than the kid(s).

Eon> Just like how our kids grow up and have developmental milestones, daddies also will hv their own developmental milestones to meet LOL. My hubby wasn't very good with my girl when she was a baby but when she got a little older they have a lot of fun together and he dotes on her and she knows she can almost get away with anything with him hahahahah

Hello mommies,

Re: gathering

I'm keen too but will depend on where's the venue. Pls keep me updated! Cos I may not log in often due to work.

Yvaine, Dbaby, yup me also sengkang mommy but I'm working full-time so won't be able to join wkday gatherings... Count me in if gathering's on wkends though!

Eoneon, my hubby's also like urs. Stupid unappreciative stubborn miser who takes it for granted whenever my mom helps us. He always say my mom SHD help us cos I'm her daughter, like it's my mom owe us lor.

Quarreled countless times wz him alrdy...

Re: hubbies

Reading abt the hubbies here really make me feel marriage is v fragile... n it really takes alot of effort to make a marriage work. Sometimes I really regret marrying my hubby n he can also say the most hurtful things... I'm hanging on all bcos of my kids. Reading abt how muddypaw learning to be a 'small woman' at times somehow 'woke me up'... Maybe I SHD adopt this approach too n not be too rigid.

Neko/klitz, I wish u girls all the best n hope things will eventually work out for u. It really really takes alot of effort to make a marriage work n I do find myself struggling at times too.

Juliana, glad tat ur experience wz the IFC has improved. I'll be heartpain too if the same thing happen to my kids.

Neko, the supplement is call vita health crowning glory. Can get from either watsons, guardian, John little, robinsons or Changi general hospital pharmacy (cheapest), free delivery on CGH online pharmacy if purchase more than $100.

Klitz, it is not your fault, just things don't work out. Hug hug.

Osh, where r u staying? I might be able to join. Pm me.

Klitz, u gotta be strong. Think positively thou said is always easier than done. It might not be as bad as u think ok... If u need a listening ear, let me know. I can meet up with u before i start work in june. I'll be away from 18-20 may also.

Neko, we might not know wat is e cause of yr hub asking for 'd'. But if can salvage, just give in.

Klitz,

Remember I told u.. I have been thru it before.. Not once but twice.. That is why many couples when they have kids.. They forgot about couple time.. Me and hb use to put my kids and maid at my mom's place then me and hb have a good dinner and sometime when mood comes we will check into hotel to spend some time alone..

Remember 40 years down the road u will need to face ur hb.. And ur kids may ignore u or stay with girlfriend/boyfriend ..

So cherish couple time..

Passport> I still hvnt change my girl's one...I guess they close one eye lah, kids grow so fast, their face change almost on a monthly basis -.- And in SG, passport is almost like a necessity, not like in the US where some ppl really can live all their lives without ever needing a passport!

Rolling over> my boy rolled over today!! The first time it happened, I thought it was an accident so I don't count. But he did it two more times, so can qualify [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ~19 weeks. he really loves his food, he will protest vey loudly if he's not given a bite of whatever we are eating and the way he chomps down on your fingers, gosh, one would hv thought I've been starving him!

Now my #1 kena tonsillitis again! This is getting boring...the staff at her school who does the morning physical screenings told us that my girl's throat was very red. I didn't think much about it, since my girl had no fever and her appetite was normal. But I asked DH to take a look and he saw that her throat was also red and there were white bumps as well and he immediately took her to the doc again. Prescribed anti iotics again, haiz. But at least this time managed to convince my girl to eat the meds, usually I would hv to resort sneaking it into yogurt or FM.

Couple time> I quite envy those married couples who get to go out on date nights, I don't hv anyone to leave the kids with so our couple time is usually after the kids hv zzz and we're lying awake, talking about whatever went on during the day. Elections week was quite exciting coz we both had a lot to talk about, hahaha!

Esquare, i agreed tat couple time is very impt. Celebrated 3 yr anni with hub today but mind kept thinking of bb. He suggested movie after dinner but i was too tired to proceed so went back home.

How's yr boy? Recovered?

Klitz, dun say you are a bad example ok? Hugs.

Anyway, am doing self reflection now and thinking through his thoughts and how to salvage everything. I cherish my marriage.

Mummies, it's good to do self reflection at times as we should never take things for granted.

Jus to share .. for all dear mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5448586.png]

Life really change with bb.. Im not ready for bb.. So much to learn.. So many things to cope with.. Suddenly alot of issues.. Yet can only hide in a corner n cry..

Den wash up n face e reality again.. Sign..

Roz,

1 of the reason we need a maid is because hb wants quality time with the kids and not wanting me to be busy with housework.. I put my kids with my mom's maid coz she work for us 20years already so she will watch over my kids and maid..

Bb fell sick again

Coz my stupid sil brought her sick kid to mothers day dinner and I tried my best to confine my kids but she let her gal roam around the room and her gal keep going near the bb.. So kena again.. Poor bb now coughing and flu.. When I confront her .. She say her niece spread to her gal !! So!! Then u come spread to my boy!!!

Good morning mummies & daddies ^_^

Lilsunshine: yes, I will not let my mum knows about it else she will be heartbroken.

Rachel: pd said maybe but he never suggest running some tests to confirm? Did he give baby medicine or etc? It's always expensive when it comes to pd, no choice.

Oshgosh: yah, this could be one of the reasons hor. Cause I know I'm guilty of rejecting my hubby times & again. Tired mah...

Decmum: even if I suggest paying mum out of my own pocket, he will still niam de. He is uncle Scrooge! It's only token of appreciation we are talking about here.

Neko: esquare & myself are using shiseido feunte range & I'm also taking 21st century hair & nail supplement as recommended from my travel agent.

Klitz: please don't say you are a bad example. You have done nothing wrong. Sometimes a lot of external reasons are also the lead to a failed marriage. Of course @ times we really neglected our partners big times but that's also partly because we are adjusting to a new role as a mum & most of the time the main caregivers. You are a wonderful woman. I'm sure your gal will grow up in a great environment with you by her side.

Littlemay: yes, we consider the possibility before but my hubby said it's a bit of inconvenience as he wants to spend time with his gal, be it @ home or by bringing her out. With a 3rd party, we have to manage our times to incorporate the housekeeping hours. But really worse come to worse have to get one in.

Roz: I don't doubt my hubby's love for my gal. Just that he is not up to it in terms of her basic needs. I'm sure he will be like your hubby when my gal is older. I can foresee him spoiling our gal. Faint! Haha...

Yurieve: yes, super bad loh. As if my mum owes him like that. My mum is just doing us a favor by helping us care for our gal while we are @ work.

Roz: great! Enjoy flipping your boy over now. Haha.. So funny when they struggle to flip back but can't.

What's the cause of tonsillitis? Hope your gal recovers soon.

Esquare: yes, i think couple times are important. We are seriously lacking in it. Must take some times out le. But the strange thing with me is that j will feel guilty if we go out without bringing our gal.

Back