(2010/12) December 2010 MTB

Hi Eoneon & Milo: Yup, i'm a first time and the gynae said i'm ard 5 weeks+, but i saw that it was written 4 weeks+ in the scan photo so i'm confused.

Hi Ling: i did ask ask my gynae about the cramps and brown spotting, he said these symptoms means the BB not stable yet. I've just been given 1 week mc from him to bed rest at hm but i cant help feelin worried. My breast was more sore previously, now is more like just bigger than last time but not so painful liao. i also having some pimples breakout around my chest.

Mummies, any advice?

Eon, although i'm not going to be dec but i still read the forum...

decide to come in to give u some advice..

i read from somewhere salicylic acid is bad for growing bb..

pls refrain yourself from putting acne cream with salicylic acid.. study shown it will lead to deformation of feotus.. seek advise from your gynae for alternative cure for acne.. as for rebonding or chemical treatment.. it is also better to stay away... dunno how the chemical will harm the bb.. for me.. i rather to be ugly for 9mth then regert if something bad happened to my bb...

read more from

http://www.babycenter.ca/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/safeskincare/

take care dec 2010 mummies.. hope i can join the Jan 2011 mummies soon...

Hi Lena,

Welcome to Our thread!

Usually in the scan is a rough estimation. Have to wait till bb more bigger around 5-6months, then you will have an exact EDD. Sometime also depends on the bb weight gain too.

As for spotting, as long its not alot like those menses type, will be ok with bed rest and medication. Usually occurs first 8weeks of pregnancy. I experience this for my previous 2 girls and was on medication, jabs and bed rest horrible. But not to worry, as long you rest well, don't think so much, stay happy & cool. Everything is back to track [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Eon,

I am a bad mummy. Actually I done rebonding for my last 2 pregnancy but lucky nothing happen. Some say wait after 1st tri will be ok as BB is formed. Maybe you can check with your gynae or usual hairstylist.

Any mummies same like me.. keep sweating like hell even bath cold water or air con or such a cooling weather for now?

Hi Cynthia, thanks! You made me feel more at ease and welcome... haha.. So how long is your prenancy now? Wow.. You r a mummy of 2 already, must be very experience in this matter, i may need more guidance from you in future... haha...

Oh ya Cynthia... forgot to ask you... U mentioned spotting like menses type, r you referring to red only or brown also? Do you have crampy feeling below the stomach also like menses coming for your previous pregnancies?

Hi Lena,

I am having cramps just like the ones I have during my menses.. Got worried and checked with the doc, she says its very normal at the beginning stage of pregnancy and this cramp cld come and go during your 1st trimester.. She say its becos the uterus is adjusting for the baby thats why we feel discomfort..

as long as there is no major bleeding it is generally ok..but i think better to just consult a gynae if the spotting persist [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

oh yes..I dont see any bump on my tummy yet..is this normal? I should be in my 6th week of pregnancy already

Hi Ladies,

these few days being doing OTs...so tired...

after reading i notice i dun hv all e symptoms tat other mummies mention, i onli smtime feel nausea...m i normal??

i hvnt see any gyane yet...will be seeing Dr Heng nxt Wed...hope everyting is ok...a bit scare scare

Lena Sun: Great! Another to add on to the first time mummy category... hehe...

blurlemon: Oh god! I better go check out my zit cream. I have been layering the zit cream like nobody's business, day and night religiously. Now, I am getting worried =( I even assured hubby that the cream is not harmful since I am not eating them rather I am just applying on my face. I have been applying tiger balm to my lower back as having backache due to an old ailment. I will have to jot down all my questions now and post them to Dr Tham later.

Jia You! You can be a 2011 January mummy de. Keep us posted ^_^

Cynthia: Yes, I will definitely have to check on the dos and donts. I am getting worried now regarding my zit cream application. I have been sweating like hell. But 50% is due to the fact that i sweat easily so now my sweating worsen loh. I think my utility bills will definitely soar... haha..

Lena Sun: You are right! Cynthia is definitely an experience mummy so we can seek advise from her liao. hehe

Serina Teo: No worries. My friend's bump only surface when she was coming to 3.5 months of pregnancy. Her gynae said her development was absolutely normal and fine.

PSH: Do take care and dont overstretch yourself ^_^

I must say you are the lucky one bah. Cause from what I know, not everyone will experience those symptoms de. Some never have any morning sickness at all. You are how many weeks pregnant le?

GOOD MORNING MUMMIES.....

*YAWN* I CANT SLEEP! Woke up at 5+am. Followed hubby around while he prepared to leave for his 2 weeks trip. Sent him off at the door. Did laundry. Ate breakfast. Now watching tv and replying to you gals... I am tired... But just cant sleep =(

Hi Serina, guess different gynaes will say different things huh, cos yours said it's normal while mine said it means that BB not very stable which makes me worried. But at least your advice helps to make me feel less worried. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My spotting is like those egg white texture but in light brown colour. I normally see it when i go toilet in the moring or night. Makes me feel worried everytime i see it and it's been around 3 or 4 days... Think i worry too much but cant help it in a way.

I dun tin bump will comes out so soon rite? I'm also cant tell whether mine is a bump or fatty tummy, hee...

Morning Eoneon, i also cant sleep cos i slept more recently and early at nite so wakes up around 7+ this morning. Wa... you r quite strong huh cos i dun tin i will feel very happy if my hubby were to leave me for overseas at this stage. Hey, rmb not to carry too heavy things k cos you did laundry jus now which can be heavy or you will need to stretch, i heard it's not gd for BB.

Hi mummies, actually i am not married yet so now also in the rush of preparing our wedding. But dun worry mummies cos me and my boyfriends has been together for close to 8 years already. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Guess probably all these things makes me feel more worried ba... hope everything will goes smoothly!

Hi mummies.. I have just joined the club.. :)

I also can't sleep although feel really tired.. something is bothering me..

Fixed appointment with gynae, but won't be until Wk 11.. is it too late?

Will be traveling to Beijing in Wk 8, then hubby will be out of town in Wk 9, then my turn in Wk 10 to Europe..

I am kinda worried.. is it ok to travel in 1st trimester?

Morning Lena Sun...

I have been sleeping as per pre-pregnancy. Just that I will steal a 15 minutes nap whenever I can get seat on the mrt or when hubby is free to send me to and fro work. So I also dont know why I cant sleep. Im tired actually.

I am not strong. I keep telling hubby, how I wish he doesnt have to travel so frequently. I tried not to carry heavy things but as I am alone at home. I have to do the laundry else I will end up with no clothes to wear.. wahaha. In fact, thats only round 1 of laundry. I will have to do round 2 tomorrow once this current batch is dry. I will be more more more more more careful... hehe.

Wow! Congrats! So when is your wedding actual day? In fact, I just got married this January after a 11-year courtship with hubby. Try to relax and dont overwork yourself. Let me know if you need help with the preparations. I will be so so so free after work everyday for these two weeks. Have already arranged two dinner appointments with my gal friends and going Suntec for buffet with mil and relatives tomorrow. I love buffet!

bubbly7: Welcome and congrats! What is bothering you? Care to share? How come fixed your appointment only at wk 11? Because of your travelling? Seems like your hubby and you are 'superman' and 'superwoman'. You fly around alot for your job? You have to take very good care of yourself during the first trimester as baby is in the stage of forming and can be unstable. Take lots of rest ^_^

hi bubbly, week 11 is a bit too late. Why don't u visit the gynae before ur trip, say about week 6 to 7? Like that u,ll feel more at ease before u fly.

Hi EonEon, wow.. 11 years of courtship.. that's admirable.. we used to fly much more for work, but now no more.. bad times.. hehehe...

little may/EonEon, I wanted Dr. Irene Chua from KKH as the gynae, but the earlier dates she's available, me or hubby will not be in town.. then she'll be on vacation.. and so, Wk11..

Now considering if we should change gynae who are more available.. but then, KKH sure not happy, coz we changed 3 times due to our schedule change liao :p

hello littlemay... ^_^

yes bubbly7, i agree with littlemay. go seek advise earlier then you can travel with ease of mind too. doc can advise on the dos and donts during travelling.

bubbly7... haha, we started early bah, so ended up have to date for 11 years before we can get married. oh, i like your job. i love flying too. but i can never land myself in any job that requires flying.

i think KKH will be understanding enough de. unless you really need to stick to Dr Irene Chua, i dont see why you cant change. im going for my "first" appointment with Dr. Benjamin Tham later. hehe.. super excited!

Welcome bubbly7, seems like you travel alot. Do take gd care k cos first trimester is the critical stage in a way.

Eoneon: I seem to slp alot more and feel tired easily nowadays. Tin if you reali cant slp, den just rest on the bed to rest more lo. I have a cousin who slept alot due to sleepiness during her pregnancy till she gotta resigned from work. Hope i can cope well cos i cant survive w/o working. haha

Yup.. Do be more careful especially if your hubby not with you.

Thanks. Actually we still dunnoe cos everything seems to be so sudden. I told my bf that i will leave it to him to plan most of the things cos i'm trying not to stress myself too much. But seems like i still got alot on my mind. I do need advice like affordable bridal boutique etc cos we have limited savings. I'm trying to make it as simple as possible, probably just a lunch or tea time buffet.

Wow, you n u hubby together for soooo long ah. Your life seems so smooth huh, getting pregnant so soon after wedding, izzit a honeymoon BB? haha... Me and bf just went Taiwan recently so his parents also thought our BB is made in Taiwan but i told them it's not cos i tin it's shortly after we came back based on calculation. Lol

Lena Sun: I am tired, in fact very tired. But I cant seem to sleep. Maybe cause hubby not by my side. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_yawn.gif] Huh, thats really bad loh. I hope I wont be like that too. I must work too. So many financial committments now.

I can intro my bridal studio to you if you havent selected one yet. They are really helpful. Have you decided on your AD yet? Its only when you have confirm on the AD then you can start planning, else a bit hard to plan with no actual date. Once you have decided on the date, you must book the JP if you are planning to do the solemnisation outside ROM. Hmm, a buffet is a good idea. Not too stressful for you in terms of physical and financial.

Oh, you are wrong. Our lives are not smooth sailing at all. We brave through thick and thin during these 11 years. But I am glad we have made it thus far. Not honeymoon baby. We didnt really have a proper honeymoon. Only went for a mini honeymoon at Krabi before rushing back due to work committments and see to our house renovation. Wanted to go for a proper honeymoon this month de. But I cant pull myself away as I have delegates from my global office visiting and audit going on during the week of 19th. So I think I can forget about the so-called honeymoon now that Im preggy =(... argh!!

Hmm... really feel xin ku for you... i'm wondering if you cant slp, izzit due to feeling insecure cause hubby not wif you and also tinking alot of things since dis is also your first time pregnancy? Though i slp more dis days, i will also wake up in the middle of the nite and lots of things running tru my mind at times. Think there's too much things on my mind liao.

Sure, i dun mind checking around for more opinion since we haven selected one but i cant go this weekend cos i need to rest more at home first. My bf and his sister will go "racky" later in the afternoon first. hee. We are also trying to get a date asap and my mum is going to ask the fortune teller tomorrow, hopefully able to get the date soon cause the fortune teller may not be around. Yup. We are planning to do the solemnisation outside ROM so it can be on the same day of buffet and also tea ceremony. Haha, i'm kinda kiasu cos wanna squeeze everything on the same day but i feel this is easier and also helps to save cost. Izzit possible for you to email me some of your wedding fotos and also your package? If you not willing, it's ok cos i just wanna take it as a reference first before deciding to go down.

True, normally long term relationship went tru many things together but i believe all this things also helps to make the bond stronger. Mi and my bf have also went tru up and downs but luckily, we remains happy and loving all this while, hee.

Where's Krabi? Our taiwan trip has also really become our pre-honeymoon in a way liao given the situation now, luckily we enjoyed ourselves and that was also our first time overseas trip on our own w/o friends or relatives, hahaha..

It's ok la, next time you can bring your BB together lo or go for a second trip if someone can take care of your BB... NOw is the time for you to rest more.

haha... Mi n bf has also booked a flat under BTO project, tin it will be ready around 2013 or 2014 so we are even more financially tied down cos we need to save money for reno & furnitures etc. Hai...

Hello mummies...

bubbly7, do take extra care and i really agree with the rest of the advices for you to consult the gynae before your flight.. If your gynae cant make it, perhaps just go for consultation with a different one for this time round just to make sure alls fine..

I also fly alot for work, and i had to quit upon hearing the news because doctor and company both advise me to quit becos the constant flying is going to take a toil on the stability of the foetus. So i was left with no choice [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] oh well..but its all for the good of the baby.. I think its fine to travel but make sure that you dont overexert yourself and consult the doctor if you can before flight dearest...

Congratulations to all who just got married and about to get married too!! Its always nice to hear of marriages and pregnancies!! I just got married on 13 march and 2 weeks later, I hear of my pregnancy..conception on the day after the wedding..haha..

Lena, its gona be a wonderful time..Its gonna be a lil stressful every now and then but remember, wedding is just a day but the marriage wld be for a lifetime..so dont sweat over the small stuff and you are right,let the hubby do the physical work..Your health and baby's well being is of paramount importance now..I agree that it'll be good to finish everything in one day..so you dont need to stress over the unfinished..Its a lil tiring especially now that you are pregnant but i think in terms of cost savings and convenience,the lil tiredness is worth it.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Eoneon, Im happy for you..if a relationship is all smooth sailing,you wouldnt know how to handle it when shit hits the fan..Its through hard times that you realise more of each other that you otherwise wouldnt be able to know..What you have gone through will only make you stronger as a couple.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ok..I gotta start searching for a gynae now..I have no idea at all [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I think i need a gynae in the east..anyone heard of Dr Oei Pau Ling from My Gynae @bedok and Pasir Ris?

hi bubbly, i just saw ur post on travelling..

i just went to the gynae yesterday and he said strictly no flying during the first tri. its due to the magnetic waves in the air tt will be harmful for the baby...

thus sad to say, i've got to postpone my honeymoon to next yr already.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hello Serina, Thanks fr the advice, i totally tin the same way, hahaha! I'm currently seeing Dr Adrian Woodworth at SengKang. Perhaps you should try reading from this forum for more info to look for a good gynae near your area? I did that too and also search online for more info... hehe..

Bubbly7: i also agree with Serina that you should try to refrain from flying for the good of your BB. It's always good to be more careful..

Thanks Lena! Will try doing just that! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]Im under budget constraint too since now I am not working.. so im hoping I can find someone good and reasonably priced..

our forum is getting active with more new mummies. pregnancy is not easy so Jia you to all mummies. I have been pretty paranoid myself recently, keep doubting if the bb is still inside Me.. Sigh..

Bubbly, u shd visit a gynae 1st, can always go back to your familiar gynae after I come back from flying.

Eoneon, must take good care of yourself these few week that your HUbby is not around. I am still doing housework but only the light ones. I have stop carrying pail of water.

Hi Serina, i ever tried to source some info online and i did notice that the gynae i'm seeing now is not considered ex so if you dun find it far, perhaps you can try. Another one i heard of is Dr Lawrence Ang at Sunplaza, Heard that these both gynae's charges is reasonable but they are good too so they got a lot of customers... haha...

Hi Ling: Yup, i'm been feeling paranoid easily too. Hav you went to c the gynae? Did you see the heartbeat cos i read that around 6 weeks can see the heartbeat during the scan liao. I'll be seeing my gynae next tue, hope my BB is growing well and i can see the heartbeat next tue. I'm still experiencing cramps and at times spotting too, hope everything is going well cos i feel worried easily.

Eoneon: Muz update us wen you are back from seeing the gynae wor! Waiting to hear from you soon... hehe

Haha ling,yeah i think I know how you feel exactly..Everything is so surreal..maybe because our stomach hasnt really show at thats why it seems all so hard to believe theres a life growing in there..Maybe things will begin to sink in once our tummy starts to get bigger..

Lena,yeah I heard about Dr Adrian, sengkang is not that far..yippee..I may just consider going to him..Is it at the interchange?Thanks for the tip dearie!

Hey Milo66 & Serina: Yea.. agree with the way you 2 describe how we feel... i also keep worrying whenever i c brown spots when i go toilet. And i will go lie down on the bed whenever i feel the cramps. Hehe

Serina: Yup, the clinic is very near to the interchange. Dr adrian is not around on wed, please refer below for the timing that is indicated on my appt card:

Mon: 1.30pm - 3.30pm

Tue: 6pm - 9pm

Thurs: 1.30pm - 3.30pm

Fri: 6pm - 9pm

Sat: 1.30pm - 3.30pm

Wed, Sun, PH closed

The clinic no is 6388 8125 so you may want to call up first before you go. ^_^

Milo66: How big is yours now? Wow... must be very excited to see the BB's heartbeat huh!!! I feel so excited just to tin about it.

i tin the table is good enough but now like still early to fill up the details. haha...

hi I'm letting go Avent Single Electronic Breast Pump and 4 oz x 4 Breast Milk Containers, Breast pad and many more at 40% off. All brand new with warranty, pls msg me 97328451

Hi Lena, thanks, I'll try to take it easy. Enjoy your wedding prep, it's worth the memory. :) I always thought a simple one is a beautiful one. How is Dr. Adrian? I searched that his package is really reasonable, and he is man of few words, but good and he has many patients, do you have to wait long to see him?

Hi Serina, actually Dr Irene Chua is not my gynae yet. I just read alot about her, and so I thought I want her to be my gynae. Your suggestion is good, I am looking out for other gynae to have a check before flying.. that if it's ok to fly.. :p

Hi Klitz, thanks for your info. I can't really re-schedule my trips, but I'll try my best if gynae say no-go (for bb's sake). Where did you intend to go for honeymoon?

Hi Ling, ok! will try to change gynae or see another gynae first.. now gancheong.. hehehe..

Thanks Bubbly.. I'm trying to relax myself too though it's abit hard at this stage... haha.. I also prefer a simple wedding all along cos i find that grand wedding is like a performance to show others that you are married (no offense to some mummies)...

Yup... Dr Adrian is a man of few words but at least he answer our questions nicely. In fact, at first i also wonder if i should continue to see him cos he's like very rush when i see him but after finding out more info about him, i decided to continue seeing him as my gynae. Although he has alot of patients, he's also very fast so at least we wont have to wait so long. Just that we need to prepare our questions first before seeing him. if not will forget cos he's very fast... hahaha

Hihi Mummies.. I am back from my gynae consultation and dinner from mummy's.

WOw, saw a number of posts already. Hehe.. This thread is getting more exciting le.

Lena Sun: Yes, I think part of the reason why I cant sleep is because hubby is not around so I feel kind of insecure.

Do you have facebook account, you can add me. I posted all my wedding pictures on it. Let me know. Oh yah, I also squeezed all into one day, i.e. tea ceremony, ROM and banquet. I prefer to clear all in one go.

Krabi is in Thailand. Have you seen the movie THE BEACH by Leonardo DiCarprio? That movie was shot there. We went there for a short 5 days but we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Yeah, you are right. We have tentatively decided to have our trip next year. Hehe...

Fret not, you still have 3-4 years, this will allow you ample time to save enough for renovation and furniture. Jia You! Which area is your flat located?

Serina Teo: Congrats on being a newly-wed as well as a new mum. Haha, your factory is in tip top condition. BOth side parents must be thrill to hear of this good news so soon after the wedding.

Exactly, I totally agree that one have to brave through thick and thin in order not to take each other for granted and be grateful for having each other.

klitz: Seems like you are in the same predicament as moi, need to postpone our honeymoon. Dont know by then can still consider honeymoon mah. Keke...

ling: I will take good care of myself. Thanks ^_^ Earlier before I entered the gynae consultation room, a lot of wild thoughts keep flashing cross my mind. I was so afraid gynae will tell me I am not pregnant after all. wahaha.. I think I am overly paranoid. I think I was too engrossed in my thoughts till I actually took a while to recall my hubby's name when the nurse asked for it for registration. LOL..

Mummies: Ok, I also dont know how I came up with the calculation that I am only 3 weeks pregnant. Must be my blurness acting up again.. wahaha...

I am pleased to announce I am exactly 5 weeks pregnant and my EDD is 10 Dec '10. But maybe due to the cramp and bloatedness I experienced last night, I actually experienced slight spotting just now. So gynae gave me a jab and hormones pills. I teared during the jab. So emo, I know. Now just have to pray hard our little baby will be safe and sound.

Oh yes, I saw our little beanie. That moment was so so so so... eh, cant find a word for it. Anyway, it suddenly dawned upon me that I am going to be a mummy in 8 months time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_happy.gif]

I think I need to shop for some maternity clothes le. I realised my clothing are getting tighter =(

Jia you to all mummies.

milo66: Thanks for coming up with the table. I think its comprehensive enough bah.

How did you include the table de? Is it an excel format? We just have to create one and then upload will do?

I jus tested positive yesterday. I am about 4 weeks now. But 2 weeks ago, I went for MRI, any idea will it affect my pregnancy? I don't know I will get pregnant. The earliest appt with the gynae is 14 apr. I am super worried now

Hi Eoneon, thanks for yr concerns...i will try to rest as much as possible tis weekends...its my comp. yr end closing so gt to do a lot of OTs...no choice...sigh...

u aso gt to take care since u gt spotting...u muz b vy happy when u kw when is yr EDD...i'm wonder when is mine...hehe...hope nxt Wed can cm faster...hehe..

Hi milo, yes. i intend to tbf. my 1st i got surplus on my bm so i think our breast are starting to work very hard now.

this round i ate alot..i put on alot of weight despite being only ard 3weeks+ preg. no morning sickness unlike my 1st... i tell my frds i gg to turn into a big fat pig soon. i think need to control the diet abit.

good nites all dec mtb..

GOOD MORNING MUMMIES!!

crown: Welcome to Dec '10 motherhood! I know x-ray is not allowed for pregnant woman but not too sure about MRI. However, try not to think too much until you have check this with your gynae. Will pray hard for your baby's safety ^_^

PSH: Oh year end closing. Sigh! I dont like year end closing. Haha... Yes, indeed. I was on cloud nine! Suddenly I am starting to believe that I am going to be a mummy le. There is a date for me to look forward to [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_clap.gif] Keep us updated once you have the answer from your gynae.

Twinklelittlestar: My morning sickness is getting worse. But nothing is happening to my breasts. I am starting to worry. Already 5 weeks yet no news of breasts soreness. Does this spells negative about breastfeeding for me? I am indeed worried [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_scared.gif]

Jas: Welcome to Dec '10 motherhood!

Good Morning Mummies

Hi Eoneon: Glad to hear that you are doing fine and that you are 5 weeks liao. I think that time my gynae also told me my EDD is around 11 Dec, so we're pretty close huh, tin need to ask again to confirm.

Yup, i got facebook acount, can you pm me your email so i can add you? I din watch that movie but rmb seeing the advertisement which i find the beach veri nice. Haha... So where r you n ur hubby planning to go next year?

Mi and my bf dun earn that much so hopefully we really can save enough for everything. Our flat is located around fernvale.

So do you feel better now after seeing the gynae? What did you see in the scan, previously i saw the waterbag. Feel so excited when i look at the screen, hee... You can always talk to us if you are feeling low that your hubby not wif you k, find sometin to keep urself occupy but also take more rest.

I'm still having cramps and abit spotting so still very worried now. Realli hope my BB is ok... Wow.. your stomach/ tummy getting bigger so soon? Must be very exciting to go for maternity clothes spree huh!

Hi twinklestar: Wow, your appretite is so good, envy you cos i cant seem to eat too much. So now i'm like eating more meals but abit each time cos i will feel nauseous if i eat too much.

Lena: Wah! We are just one day apart. Happy Happy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_clap.gif]

I will PM my facebook account.Yes, beautiful beaches. Super relaxing with all the snorkelling and lazing on the beach. Food wise, cheap but variety not as much as other parts of Thailand. I have a lot of places in mind. But I think I can only start thinking about it when we know for certain if we can go bah. Else, the higher the hope, the higher the disappointment.

I saw a beanie. Precisely, I was so excited. Too bad, hubby wasnt around to witness it. I am schedule to see Dr Tham in 2 weeks time. So hopefully, hubby will be back in time to go with me. Thanks for being so understanding. Yes, I will certainly bomb you gals with my posts. Hehe...

Let your gynae know during your next visit. He may put you on hormone jab and pills. Actually, tummy only increase a bit. More of my fatty acids. LOL. Yes, must start maternity clothes shopping le.

Twinklelittlestar and Lena: I am feeling nauseous most of the time. But tummy keep rumbling. Oh, terrible feeling...

GOOD AFTERNOON MUMMIES!

How is everyone? Another new week ahead and it means we are all going into +1 more week into our pregnancy. Going to see gynae 2 weeks later and kinda of excited [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Eon: You are doing great so JIAYOU ok, baby will be fine! I was crying like a baby when I was jabb on my butt too! Really sore leh :p I agree that words cannot describes how we feel when we first saw the sac... When I first heard my No 1 cry when he reached planet earth, I was sheding tears of joy!

Mummies,

Anyone know if we can eat salad sauces? Do they contain raw eggs? Couldnt quite remember liao

Hello and congrats to all!

Just tested few days ago and got 2 lines!

This will be my bb no. 2

based on calculation, my edd is 14 dec.

i am wondering when i should break the news to family and colleagues. any recommendations?

hi dec MTBs

i am from the jun MTB thread. sorry to interrupt.

JTS a mummy clara (nick: pineappletart) in another motherhood forum is organising a bazaar at her home in yishun next sunday. details as follows. there will be both brand new and pre-loved maternity, post-partum and baby items on sale by other moms. she's not accepting any more sellers cos all spaces are fully taken up. but buyers are more than welcome. spread the word around and drop by for great deals, esp if you live in the yishun area!

18th April 2010 (Sunday)

2pm-6pm

Blk 281 Yishun St 22 #01-370

for more info, pls feel free to contact clara at [email protected]. =)

tks for reading.

Good afternoon Mummies!!

Congratulations Jas, crown!! You must be experiencing a whirlpool of feelings too..For you NateM,congratulations on your 2nd one!!

Dear Crown,hmm..I pray that the MRI scan wouldnt be of much effect to your baby but I suppose going to the gynae asap will ease you of all your fears and worries..I think at this beginning stage you can probably try going to any gynae available instead of waiting for an appt with your preferred gynae.. Because I just didnt want to keep worrying abt it while waiting for gynae visit you see..Dont worry too much, Im pretty sure you and bb will be fine..

Oh Jas!! My EDD is 04dec..hehe..One day after yours!

Dear milo mummy, thanks for collating the table! Oh and with regards to salad sauces, I read a book that says as long as they are not sauces made of raw eggs and ingredients, it shldnt be a problem..Mayo, thousand island is a definate no no no..but clear or oil based salad sauce like balsamic and sesame shld be fine.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so load up on the veg for bb no 2!!!

Dear Twinklelittlestar, I read that at the beginning stage the appropriate weight gain is between 1-3kg and we should be eating extra for 1 (us) and 1/8 (bb) pax [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] But I feel just eat when you want to la..small portions more frequencies..but of course eat healthily so the baby can absorb all the good nutrients.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dear Lena, thank you for the contact info I'll try to arrange an appt with Dr Adrian..I just hope i dont have to wait too long to see him tho.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Lena, both myself and my hubby dont make much money too..especially now i have to leave my job because of the pregnancy, I am no longer contributing any income, I have to rely on my savings for this period of time..But I tell myself not to worry,stay positive..everything will work out love..we just live within our means..Things will be ok.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dearest eoneon, haha..yah both sides were happy but all of us were so shock at the speed of progression..haha.. Im like you, feeling slight paranoia every now and then..My stomach isnt really getting any rounder im beginning to worry if he or she is really in me..haha..

Oh,anybody tried Dumex mamil mama drink for pregnant mothers? wanna know if its really good..I been drinking that since i hear of my pregnancy its suppose to help in your milk production and have all the nutrients required for the babys development..

Hear from you guys soon!

Welcome NateM: Depends on how you feel ba... Cos like in chinese culture, we believe that it's better to break the news when the BB is 3 months and more. But for my case, some of my colleagues and family members already know cos we need to prepare for the wedding, dun tin i will tell if not for the wedding just to play safe.

Hey Eoneon: yup, if i in rmb wrongly, we're just 1 day apart. Your Krabi trip sounds so relaxing, Tin for now you dun tin so much also ba... Save the planning after BB is born so feel even more excited cos closer... haha

Is the beanie the waterbag? Yup... if i'm you, i will try to nag my hubby to make sure he's around the next time i go... I can still rmb how my bf reacts when he saw the waterbag tru the scan (happy and excited)! Yup, i will need to update my gynae, dats y my appt was made earlier. Really pray and hope my BB is developing well though i cant help worrying alot. In fact, i'm on hormones pills already, 2 pills 3 times a day, izzit considered alot?

Hmm... But are you able to eat alot? Cos i also feel nauseous easily so i have change my diet to eat less but more meals.

Hi Milo66: Seems like some mummies who was put on jab also said it's very painful, izzit like normal injections or different, sounds scary. I'm be seeing Dr Adrian this coming tue, hope i'll be better by then.

Hi all,

My wife and I just received confirmation yesterday from KK on my wife's preganancy; our first child. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

The reason we were there is because my wife started spotting (sometimes brown and sometimes red) a week ago and that worries us. The doc did a scan and only mentioned the pregnancy is at the right area but too small to determine anything. We were told to come back for a check up in 2 weeks time. Meanwhile he prescribed some Folic acid and Hormones pills for my wife.

Question is, is spotting normal? We are not sure if waiting for 2 weeks before doing our next check up is a good idea.

Please give us some advice.

GOOD EVENING MUMMIES [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_babydust.gif]

milo: thanks wor... i was really terrified when i was told that i need to take the jab. oh yah, dr tham said the jab will worsen the condition on my face! i nearly fainted. keke..

nateM: congrats and welcome to dec '10 motherhood ^_^ so far, i didnt tell many people cause i rather play safe so only "rightfully" told both side parents, my sister and 2 of my colleagues. colleagues cause we went out for lunch and they ordered some cooling fruits so i have to reject which totally puzzled them hence gonna break the news. but i broke the news rather indirectly.

serina: you are fine. we are still early in our pregnancy. hence you shouldnt worry too much. im more like putting on weight to other parts of my body rather than my bump. hehe...

as for the milk powder for mummies. can someone recommend on the type that we should be taking. till now im still buying meiji carton milk cause im afraid of strong milk taste hence meiji works just fine for me. but i know its time for me to change. any mummies like me, cannot stand strong milk taste and has recommendation for mild tasting milk but beneficial nonetheless?

lena: its indeed relaxing. i almost refused to come back to sg. haha.... nice people and nice place.

frankly speaking, i think i was really in a daze, i didnt really catch what doc said about my beanie. i guess should be waterbag bah. lol.. how can they ever be such a blur mummy like me? oh, you are already on hormones pill. at least thats good. my doc said pills react slowly so he recommended the jab first follow by daily intake of pills. but for me, only twice daily. maybe cause you never take jab, hence higher dosage bah. my appetite has increased a lot. i get hungry so frequently. but morning is the time i couldnt really intake much food now.

the jab looks normal but the substance within is oil based so it makes the pain more intense. plus i already have phobia for needle, hence it was scary for me.

Back