(2010/12) December 2010 MTB

Stefie, good good shld rest so that u have energy later to push. Scrutiny will be soon soon Heng Heng! Alexis we alll waiting tO see u

morning mummies ^_^

muddypaws: dont be too upset with your parents ok. just tell them what about your thoughts. share with them the fact that other people are doing likewise only the chinese believes in such. you are already practicing half confinement by eating the right food liao and tell them you are old enough to take care of yourself, etc.

haha, your Liz's pooing sounds so cute. enjoy the moments ^_^

wow! so envious leh. pre-preg jeans leh. you must have lost almost all the weight gained during preggie liao. good good! hope i can do that too!

dbaby: congrats that Rayshon is putting on weight so well. continue the good work.

i guess for our own parents, sometimes its very hard to "tell" them off too. and in this case, the hubby cant be of much help.

roiv: congrats and welcome ^_^

stefie: jia you jia you jia you!

lovebyte: ouch! that sounds pain! luckily parentcraft nurse was able to help you with the blab and release the blocked duct. thanks for sharing.

tenq: our own parents sometimes can overdo things without thinking de loh. so its important to tell them about what you think is right and wrong. i think they might be upset this time round. maybe when all of you are feeling better, you can try texting them to tell them why you do what you did.

stefie: hope to hear good news from you soon. oh mine, your hubby must be super duper tired.

muddypaw and lovebyte, yeah! its so amazing that we are all so amused by the lil things our babies do. i love seeing ash's serious face when she is trying to pass gas/poop. really make my day [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

muddypaw, so envious! yesterday took one of my bigger short to wear yet cant even pull up my thigh [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i was really upset cos really NO clothes to wear for bb shower. dun wan to end up wearing maternity wear sia.

stefie, jiayou! its ur turn to balek kampong with healthy baby in ur arm [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummies, anyone wanna take over my extra bottles of warming shampoo and bodywash?

Good morning [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Stefie, jiayou!! Everything will sure be soon soon heng heng. Hope to hear frm u soon!

Mommies who've popped, can i ask how long do u all usually pump? Is it 15mins per breast or do u all pump until the breast is empty even if it takes an hr?

I usually pump for max 20mins but i realised my breast has nvr felt full even if i dun pump during the night n the gap between 2 pumps is like 9hrs.

Dbaby, wow gaining 1kg in 19days is v gd! My pd told me now babies will be gaining 25g per wk so ur boy is really doing v well. Congrats!

milo, i dun even dare to think abt wearing my pre preggy clothes now... Sigh, my tummy is still huge lor.

Hate my mil! Yday she came n when she saw me, she exclaimed i still look pregnant then proceeded to boast abt how slim she was after giving birth last time. Really buay tahan her lor! She's always boasting abt how slim she was like as if i dunno even though she's been telling me every time i see her. I know i'm fat lah, dun need to keep reminding me!! Hate her!

crystal, my mil is a lao ah huay mah... I told my hubby then he told her to stop commenting abt my weight. Told hubby i'll sure cry if she dare to comment abt my pathetic milk supply. Lucky she kept her mouth shut after hubby told her off.

Gd morning mummies

Congratulations to mummies who have already popped.

Jiayou to Stefie who is in the midst of popping. Everything will be fine and I am keeping you in my prayers.

Mummies who are awaiting to pop, let's jiayou together. We are already at the end of the tunnel just matter of weeks left.

yurieve, why your MIL like that!!! Gosh i feel so angry on your behalf. Some ppl are like that de, say things without considering other ppl's feelings. Hate it. Reminds me of my aunty who will tell me i'm fat and demoralize me. Don't take it to heart k?

Stefie, JIAYOU!!

Hi ladies. I just went for my final check up with dr woody. I'm going to admit to TMC at 11am-12pm today to induce. Finally, the time has arrived! He said I'm slightly open when he did VE, not sure what that means.

Pray that everything will go smoothly and can go natural.

Dr woody definitely more gentle than dr ang when doing VE. No pain at all but for dr ang, it felt like he practically shove his whole hand in. Haha.

i had done with my week 38 checkup with Group B result positive ... sigh .. means i hv to take antibiotic jab before deliver and i must remember that all the time .. Gynae didnt mention about when will I deliver but he just said it in a more relax way that he will see me before my EDD for deliver. And will only induce if I pass Wk 41 ..

and then HB is going to Jakarta next week .. figure crossed that BB will only come out when he is back ..

Amelia J, it's ok, group B positive is very common for preggy ladies to get due to our crazy hormones. It's very common de.. Anyway yours will be under control so your baby wont be affected. Your EDD is end december issit? I'm at my 38th week also and my gynae also like yours, pro-natural just let the baby decide when baby want to come out anytime before week 41.

Juliana, All the best!! jiayou and update us whenever you can!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi all mummies!

Seems like all having probs with mil and parents.

Sigh, i think its normal that we want to spend more time with more privacy with our kids. And maybe its confinement that cause our hormones to go haywire also.

I'm also irritated with things my pil do sometimes..especially my mil, although she meant no harm..sometimes I really hope I can move somewhere myself and just take care of her by myself. Its very irritating when you try to do your job and there is other people intervening. I feel like I dun have the freedom to take care of my own baby.

I dunno why she fusses over the sterilizer, cos pigeon sterilizer can only keep bottles sterilized once every 6 hrs, so normally I'll just sterilize as and when I want. Now I have to keep a timing, set by her, so that we wouldn't "waste" the 6 hrs. I think its crap.

And usually BB gets hungry every 3-4hrs, if its only 2, she will stop me from feeding, saying its not time yet..yes I know she doesnt mean any harm, cos maybe if its not time, BB won't drink finished. But I really cannot stand..

And my FIL, always rushes to feed her. I dunno why I get irritated also. I'm irritated whenever they carry her or get too close with her.

I'll only be planning for my 2nd kid after we move into our new place. Then I'll get a confinement lady and take care of my own kid in my own place. Can't stand it! Need to rant!!!!

Hey Muddypaws,

great tt u can wear 1 of ur pre-preg jeans. i still dun haf the courage to try my jeans yet. tt time for No.1, i even slim bk to wear 1 of the jeans tt i find tight b4 preggy. and then after tt got No.2 liao and put on weight. i hope can lose back the weight soon.. nw can wear most of the normal shorts & 3/4 last time. Jeans will try last.. hahahaa... keep it up & lets lose more together..

yurieve, Eoneon

ya, glad tt BB is gainin well. cos he was only a pathetic 2.58 at birth. but hope his bloatness goes away soon..

yurieve

dun care abt ur MIL la.. so insensitive. actually tt time when i jus back from hospital after No.1, ah ma also keep teasing me abt stil look 5 month preg tt i very upset. tis time round i ask her dun disturb me anymore cos i realy take it very hard. but heng, tis time i nvr gain much so tummy more or less back to norm, except for tt flabby flesh.. sometimes jus need more time and since we BF-ing, it will be faster. like the webby says, we took 9 months to gain so we shld expect to lose in 9 months.. and nw cant diet cos wan all the nutrients for BB.. cheer up!!

Melissa

nvr easy staying with PILs.. i seriously feel for those of u doing confinement with ur PILs. if they are nice and considerate then OK la, but if like some of the nonsense PILs here, then very jia lut. cos we haf to keep to confinement rules, dun even haf privacy n own space for BF, haf to share bonding time of BB with them, and cant do things our way.. Really Jia Lut.. meanwhile, jus hang in there for sake of BB..

as for feeding, it doesnt matter 2 or 3 hr gap. jus feed on demand, and BB will reject once they are full so dun need to worry abt overfeed.. i also latch on demand, sometimes only 1hr+ gap.. but jus give lo...

Dbaby - ya, its very frustrating, I'm giving her full FM now, cos I kena breast infection, she probably doesn't wan to waste formula..and I have another 3 more months. Feel like going back to work. Can't wait for my flat to be done!

Tenq - at least its your own parents, you can flare up or tell them nicely. Mine's pil, very hard and plus we live with them and I don't want to make my hubs stuck in the middle.

muddypaws - my mum also nagged at me told me not to wash my hair and bathe. I washed every alt days also..thank god, confinement will be over in 2 days! OMGGGGG worst time EVER!

Congrates to all graduated mums and mums-to-be,

must jia-you hor!

Also, recommended to wear micro-massage undergarment after your birth to flatten your Tummy, Trim & tone your hip and thigh. Don't wait too long to take action.

You can find out more from www.itsi.com.sg.

Take Care!

Dbaby, yah i also hope i can slim down soon. But i dun really latch baby cos my flow is too slow for him. I mostly pump instead. Dunno if i can slim down if i do exclusive pumping... Now waiting for another 2 more wks b4 i can start my massage.

hi mummies!

stefie, jia you jia you! who knows alexis is already out to see the world? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

andrea, congrats to you! baby Andrew does look like Hilary! so cute!!!

lovebyte, thanks for your info about the blab. and your story of your hb screaming... lol! made me laugh!

re: ranting

just now my mum commented i dun have much milk. 'cos i've been pumping and she can see my supply is still little - but i can tell it's gradually increasing! i think she's comparing me to my SIL who's been pumping for 6mths. haizz... she even said let baby drink FM can already. so demoralizing & pissed off. i told her if that's the case then i spend $500 on my pump for what? of cos i will continue and give whatever i can supply.

melissa, good for u that your confinement will be over in 2 days. that's fast!!!

muddypaws, wah, very envious u can fit into your pre-pregnancy jeans. i weighed myself the other day, only lost 6kg from the birth. so i still hv another 7kg to go. haizz... very sad!

Mummies

Got a good buffet deal from The Line, Shangri-La to share. Got 39% off the buffet price for any days so long you managed to get the reservation from their rewards webby. Here is the link,

http://dine.slsrewards.com.sg/sg/en/shops/view/TheLine

You can only book 39 days in advance and read the terms and condition hor. I jus made mine for Jan 15th Dinner, Weekend Dinner at $68 per adult (after less $49nett).

Enjoy!!!

dewdew, my mom is exactly like yours keep saying i got no milk i persist and now i can pump 90-100ml at 1 time. ignore her and persevere!! we will make it.. ignore all these kind of comments.

andrea, congrats on bb andrew!!

crystal & dew

jus ignore ppl's remarks abt low BM or watsoever. contd to BF and slowly supply will go up.. its a supply n demand thingy.. jia you and drink more fluid will help...

need some advice

Mommies who're pumping, how long do u all pump per session??

Do i pump until my breast is empty even if it takes an hr? Cos i'm pumping abt 20mins per breast now n dun continue beyond tat even if i still see milk squirting out.

Anyone can advise???

yurieve: I pump max 25 mins (usually 20mins), I heard if u pump till empty the supply will increase, but I try not to do that as I don't want breast to be engorged.

I am letting go of my brest friend pillow as I am giving expressed breast milk instead of direct latching. Anyone interested let me know. Only use for a few times, and have washed the cover after use.

Yurieve

I used to pump 10mins each side n will get 150-200ml. After tt jus pump to 'soften' & only pathetic 10-20ml cos will latch BB. Each time latch 1 side & pump the other. Nw both side used to the 'schedule' & no longer wil hard til pain. So i jus latch n stop pumping..

If u wan increase supply, u can jus pump til 'empty' like wat Aiko says. If nt dun over pump cos later supply too much for u to handle.. Jia You!! More fluids to replenish huh..

Aiko

Hw much u wanna let go? Cos am thinkin if i wan contd BF or not. If contd BF, i dun mind buy frm u.. Cos very tiring n sleep-deprived frm all the feedings & also frm taking care of my older gal.. =( Let me knw k..

yurieve, i pump for 30mins for each side but doen't empty. after pumping, i'd manually squeeze some more until i feel it's enough, then stop. sometimes might take up to an hour. i'm trying to empty it so as to increase my supply but it's not easy. i still have hard lumps which are difficult to massage away.

dbaby, thanks for the link to The Line. I will go check it out! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] think my hb deserves a treat... maybe can be his bday treat, just nice. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yurieve, I pump till empty and I pump like 30 mins to get everything out. I trying to increase supply cos now Ethan takes like 100ml per feed so I always empty. Wish I can pump like Dbaby like that.200ml I will be Soo xing Fu Liao.

DBaby, wat else do u take? I take fish soup with green papaya almost everyday, 2 bottles chix essence, Watever other soup available, red dates drink, soya bean milk, rice drink. Wat else can I take?

dbaby, i juz made my reservations on 15-Jan too! wanted later but all blocked out, hehe. guess i might juz see u there. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dewdew/milo/Eon/Dbaby/Yurieve: While I am able to fit into my pre-preg jeans, I've only lost 6kg so far [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Maybe for the figure, it's cos I've been going up and down the stairs every day since I got home... plus I use the ginger massage cream purchased from the 'newmummy' BP spree.

Melissa: 2 days of confinement left? So nice! Haha, if you need to hide from your PIL, you can cross the road to my house [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

RE: Parents

My mum just called again to nag about why I shouldn't go to my FIL's house this Sunday. Emphasized that I'm 'dirty' and shouldn't go to people's house now, I won't have anything to eat for lunch, what if people want to visit me and I'm not at home.... I told her my hubby has already decided to bring us to FIL's house for lunch. If she doesn't agree, she can speak to my hubby. Haha, my mum is afraid of my hubby, so doubt she dare say anything.

Aiko, Dbaby, dewdew, crystal, thks so much for ur replies.

Aiko, u're doing exclusive pumping now? Do u supplement wz fm? I'm also thinking of doinb exclusive pumping cos my baby has difficulty latching on.

Dbaby, oh my tian! Can i have ur mi jue pls?! 200ml in 10mins is oh my god impressive lor! I'm so envious...

Direct latching is so much more convenient... I rmbr u were pumping only initially right? So u learnt how to latch correctly after going to see lc at parentcraft? I'm thinking of making a trip down too... Cos i really hope i do direct latching. Exclusive pumping is last resort for me.

Dewdew, i also try to empty when i pump but seems like it'll take a v long time for me to achieve it. So far, the longest i pump is 30mins n my breasts still dun seem to be empty.

Crystal, u're pumping abt 90-100ml now right? Tats alrdy v gd. Its my 9th day since giving birth n i'm only getting abt 60ml total each pump.

Dew

Oh, the dates blocked out after 15th Jan cos haven released. They will released dates 39 days frm today. Meaning which if u wan book 16th Jan, tml then can book. Nvr mind, shall see u there then. Wat time u book? I book 6pm then can slowly enjoy n eat til 1030pm.. Hahaha.. Must eat to my shiokness.. But will be with my gal & BB.. Family thingy.. Hahahha =)

Yurieve/Crystal

Ya, initial only pump & btl feed cos bad engorged cos breast to swell & hard so nvr latch, plus nipple also very sore lo.. I only been latching since 1 week+ back. Went to LC at KKH & learn but also feel a pain during initial latch cos breast still hard, no time to pump/express a bit b4 feeding cos BB cant wait..

I drink 1x chix essence, lots of fluid though. I can drink up to 6-8 glasses of water, 4 cups milo & 1 thermo flask of red dates tea per day.. I can eat 6 meals per day lo.. Jus eat & drink more i guess. I eat steamed fish, 2 per meal & also eggs, veg, meat etc to make up for the extra proteins & nutrients.. Nvr really eat supplement or papaya fish for milk supply..

Dun stress abt the supply. Initial i also get abt 90ml only.. Until like day 7-8 onwards, it slowly go up. Does pay to be hardworking n keep pumping every 3hrs.. Jia you!!

Muddypaws

Haf lost 8kg since a week ago. Hope nw lose more but haven gt a scale.. Keep it up, am sure will lose more to come. Dun forget we gt a lot of milk in our body.. Also weight ma..

Muddypaws - oh ya i forgot tat u live across my blk! We should meet up with our babies since we r so near!!! After ur confinement okie...can rant and rant.

Candy- r u still looking for electric breast pump? I have an ameda lactaline dual breast pump. Used for only 3 weeks.

Bte mummies when do babies start looking at our faces?

Melissa: Let's do just that! My confinement doesn't end till end of Dec [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

dbaby, thanks for your bm tip! wow, u really drink a lot of liquid! no wonder i dun get much milk, i can't even finish 1 flask of red date drink. at most is 2 cups of milo a day, a bowl of soup and less than a flask of red date drink. ok, i shall up my intake of liquid from today onwards. also, u lost 8kg since a week ago? wow!

The Line - i will be there at 7pm. i know i wouldn't be able to eat for 3.5hrs anyway. haha. i'll be with hb, will see if i bring baby along.

mummies: went for my checkup this morning with Dr M Tan. must say she is a detailed and fun gynae just like my own gynae. lucky i have her as stand in. was at tmc from 9.20am till 2.00pm for checkup and tests and from 2-3.30pm at mangogal's ward chit chatting. hehe..

went for ctg, everything is fine. then went for consultation with Dr M Tan. told her baby's movement reduced the past few days. she was concern and did ve and ultrasound for me. cervix still super high. so no chance of inducing unless i want csection. baby is partially engaged liao. then she sent me to Dr TC Chang there for detailed blood flow test and baby's weight measurement cause baby wasnt in good position to measure using her machine. came back, water level good, placenta good, baby turned to a not so ideal position for birth as she is back to back with me now. so must talk to her to turn again. and through the detailed measurements, baby is only less than 2.8kg. both Drs mentioned baby is on the smaller side but no worries. now the only thing is to monitor her movement everyday. next checkup is this friday. hope my princess is fine and move more for me.

yurieve: just ignore your mil lah. she is a no brainer, talk with her a**. dont get upset by her remarks ok. so long you have your hubby and sons support, who cares about her. jia you!

juliana: aiyoyo.. didnt see your post earlier. i was at tmc until 3+pm. went for checkup then visit mangogal. all the best for your delivery. soon soon heng heng! jia you!

amelia: must keep talking to baby loh. how long will your hubby be away?

melissa: chill chill! i think you are just missing those bonding moments with your gal whenever your pil rushes to carry or feed her. dont get angry over it. dont let yourself be too affected. yes, have your own place then have number 2. better that way. hehe.. jia you!

when will your place be ready? and congrats! you are completing your confinement soon!

dewdew: aiyoyo.. never mind about your mum's comment. just do your best! jia you!

dbaby: thanks for sharing the good deal. aiyah.. i cant even plan to book yet cause havent deliver. haha..

muddypaws: aiyoh, why must the older folks keep saying we are dirty! cant they wake up their idea? what is so dirty about child bearing? faint!

just go your fil's place to enjoy this sunday.

mummies: stefie delivered liao...

stefie: congrats on the arrival of your Alexis. rest well and all the best for your moo moo career.

Stefie, congrats!

Dbaby, wah u reallie eat alot no wonder y u cn produc so mug milk. Sigh I onli eat three meals a day. U finish the whole flask of red date drink daily tho but that's bot all I drink. Argghh must eat more

Hi Mommies and daddies[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Update on my birth story[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

7 dec: put pill at 1135pm. Only 1cm dilated

8 dec: 0730am, only 2 cm dilated. Dr woody break my waterbag. Wau lau I screamed like mad woman. Then before putting on drip,I requested for epidural ( deon I think that's when hubby saw you). After happidural And drip happy till 2pm plus then can feel Alexis trying to push thro my v.

3 Plus dr woody arrived and Alexis was delivered within 5 pushes with vacuum asst.

Heng thing is we induced Alexis today cos there was a knot in her cord. If we waited longer she may die in the womb. Super Heng. Really need to thanks dr woody[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Alexis is very beautiful and smart baby. Hubby is so happy[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] now he going home to feed our furkids and rest[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] he didn't sleep for 18 hrs Liao.

Deon, must use epidural. Really it does make labour much easier. If not I would have given up and do csection.

Juliana, Jia you. You are in good hands. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] do update us once pop[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dbaby, wow u really down alot of fluids! I drink abt 5-6 cups of red dates tea, 1-2 cups of milo, 1 chix essence n 1 bowl of soup daily n i thought its alot alrdy... Will try to drink even more than tat now.

I'm thinking of asking gynae for medicine to increase supply. Desperate liao... Cos i hope baby can be on breastmilk totally.

Eoneon, i like the way u say it!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] yah, my mil uses her a** to think. Hahahaha....!

Stefie, congrats on the arrival of Alexis! Hope to hear ur birth story soon. Rest well!

wow stefie, really lucky u decided to induce! Glad tat everything went smoothly for u. Rest well n all the best for ur moo moo career!

Btw wats Alexis' weight?

ya Stefie thk God u induce today! Later go ur ward n chit chat[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummies i catch up the post later[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

gt problem let my boy suckle though i gt colostrum, he seem nt hungry leh, hiaz

eoneon, i also hope u are next to pop this sat

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dew

See if u can spot me there ma.. I'm sure will be at the oyster & sashimi counter.. Will check with LC whether can take all tis while bf-ing ma..

Yurieve/Crystal

My LC even wan me to drink 2 glasses of water after every pumping/feeding session. So tt we can make up for the loss of fluids thru bf. And i am constantly thirsty in tis hot hot weather... And eat more.. Nw a bit tired frm nt enuf sleep so bk to 1 bowl of rice, 1st 2 weeks, i can eat 1.5 bowl of rice lo. And i haf bread/crackers + 1 milo + 1 glass water for my tea break lo. With my meals, i also down a glass of milo. Tat is excluding my occassional drinking of fluids..

Eoneon

Glad tt everything is going well for u.. Soon u haf ur baobei in ur arms..

Good deals/bargains are meant to be shared among Jiemeis here...

Stefie

Lucky everything turn out well for u & alexis.. Jia you!!! Congrats.. And alexis so cute.. Seems like all the BBs are with a head of beautiful hair!!!

Mummies

Who is using Huggies Newborn or Size S?? The stamps on the packaging can be xchanged for toys or romper.. U can go to huggies.com.sg under Promotions to read.. I'm gonna to xchange for a lot of Mothercare rompers cos 3 stamps for 1(but cant chose sizes). If gt spare, will update here n see who wants. But takes arnd 2 weeks for redemption..

Dbaby, wah 1 milo for every meal okie. ya I tink I prolly lost all my liquid to sweat hahahha. I will start taking supper tonite. EAt more more so that I can express more.

Stefie so happie for u! Finally alexis is here to see the world Liao. Enjoy ur confinement okie.

Back