(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Mummies, i can understand older generation when they associate crying with some form of activities done during the day. but can u imagine tat my hubby also soo "orbit".

Ytd nite bb cry thru out the nite, and my hub told me that our house is haunted,tat y bb cry so loudly ytd nite. i was -___-!!!!!

Bathing bb is a super challaging task! 1st time when i bathe bb,i m so afriad he will slip off my hand and fall into the h2o.but practics makes perfect [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bathing baby- do most of you feed first then bathe or bathe then feed? I thought logically should be bathe then feed so baby won't vomit. But I tried feeding first yst and she seems more calm during bath.

Hammiebao & hpc: all I can say is that our CLs are super thickskin. Mine openly ask my MIL to buy fish for her to eat. Then she complain to me how come my MIL always buy the same type of fish! Also, she must watch 7pm tcs 8 show every night. When I dun switch on, she help herself.

Hammiebao: ya, you can try to use that reason to terminate her early. But whether u need to pay her deps on yr mutual agreement.

My mum not much help. She like to play with baby when she come visit, which she say will stimulate her brain. But newborn shd not be overstimulated also if nOt they find it hard to settle to sleep?

Hi mummies,

Sorry to disturb the thread, I have to following to sell coz I have stopped bf.

Hi mummies,

I am a July mummy and have bought too much breastfeeding products and wished to sell them off at a discounted price due to stopping breastfeeding soon.

All items are brand new.

Selling the below items:

- Qty: 8 Medela Pump and Save (25pc) at SGD 17 each

- Qty: 3 Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bag (5 pc) at SGD 10

- Qty: 1 Medela Ice Pack for Breast Milk Storage at SGD 12.00

- Qty: 2 First Years Easy Milk Storage Bags (25pc) at SGD 12.00 each

Pls sms at 92328946 to deal

All items payable in cash only at Eunos. Mailing can be arrange with mailing charges.

Jan - If bb hungry will feed bb little bit burp her then bath. Sometimes when she awake but doesn't seem hungry will bath then feed. Normally after bath feed they will sleep well.

Yah, my CL is very proud also and very domineering kind. My gf brought her 1 month old son to my place and the boy kept crying despite just being fed thru direct latch on. My CL really has a way with babies...once she took over to carry the baby, he stopped crying. But she insensitively told my friend, you got no milk, baby is still hungry. And she went on to feel my friend's breast! I had to call my friend to apologise to her the next day. So pai seh...

My CL went on to tell her that I have a lot of milk and its because I hired her as a CL and she cooked proper food for me to enhance milk production...>Wah Biang....what a thing to say to my friend who is a new mother and she might be stressed up.

Other than that, this CL is actually very good in terms of caring for baby and cleanliness...

I changed a diaper for my bb just now. fail.....it leaked very quickly. I felt so useless man.,.

Hpc, practise makes perfect.. Don't stress urself.. Slowly u will do a great job!

Sometimes I think my CL also has a way with bb, sometimes when my bb cry like mad, he will stop crying when my CL carry.. But see Liao very angry, like why my bb cry when I carry him but stopped when CL carry!! Haha but whatever she's leaving soon..

Today my aunt an my bro came to visit me.. And we were chatting in the room.. My CL came in put her hinge then stand in the middle of 3 of us and started joining our conversation.. So I look at her and say.. Wah u stand here chit chat ar? Sometimes I don't like when she always like to join in or stare at me when I talking to my family or even talking on phone.. Don't know what's privacy!!

Haiz.. Tonight bb cried again which I really don't know why.. Fed, diaper changed, fed him rid wind but still keep on crying.. Don't want pacificer also.. Haiz..

Chris: Have u learned all the neccessary stuff like bathing, feeding and changing diapers etc from your CL already? Better get her to teach u first else u will ka-lang ka-poh when she is not ard. IMHO eventually you will need to learn how to handle it at home alone so it is best that you start familarizing with bb's routine and habits at your own home. If you afraid you cant cope, is it possible to ask your mum to come over for few hours for the first few days instead of going over? Don't worry, jia you, u can do it.

hpc: OMg, your cl very funny go and feel your friend's breast. Actually that time my milk also very low then when my CL feel my breast i find very awkward already.

HI Sharon, Just sent you a PM on my email add. I dont mind sharing cost as I think too many food already. Thanks for organising!! Really looking forward to it.

I wanna try bringing baby out alone next week le,cant stand staying at home all the time. Dont wanna depend on hubby all the time, though I dun think he approve of me gg solo with BB. But bo chap le.

I read what you gals mentioned abt your respective Cls. Hpc's Cl is really insensitive. My own Cl also has her own idiosyncracies. She's v thick skinned. When my sister/cousins/friends visit me, she will definitely join in the conversation. Ask them how many children they have etc and then promote her services to them.

Anyway my Cl is going back on Tues and Tmr happens to be my hubby's bday. Cl has been hinting that she wants to buy clothes, clothes in msia not so nice etc. Hence I suggested I treat hubby and Cl for dinner today. Went out after lunch to tpy central. She ended up buying 4 blouses. She's also super buay pai say type. We (hubby, maid and I) waited for her while she tried clothes at different shops. We all took turns carrying baby. Hubby carried bb mostly with the baby Bjorn carrier. After dinner we were walking to the car park. Suddenly we heard a Vvvv loud thud sound. The Cl tripped over one of the slabs in the car park! The bengawan solo cake and her bagful of clothes were strewn on the floor. HENG!! Maid was carrying bb while I was carrying the diaper bag and own bag. Hubby was carrying the groceries from Ntuc and my shopping bags from eu yan sang. At first it didn't chance upon me. I quickly helped the Cl up. Later she kept saying luckily she wasn't carrying bb in her arms. I really wouldn't want to imagine the consequences.

Lesson learnt: hubby and I decided that we will carry bb with the carrier now. After he can't fit the carrier we will use the stroller with seatbelt attached. Tripping over something can happen to anyone [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Chloe, I never think of that.. He's now 23 days old.. I will monitor tomorrow.. Thanks alot cos I was trying to stick to 3 hourly feed.. But he cried when it's only 2 hours or earlier.. But when he sleep in the afternoon he can sleep 4hours+ till I wake him for feed..thanks for reminding..

So many stories about CL.. I should try bathing bb soon.. CL leaving in 6 days time! Sometime I feel bad that I always say her.. But can't stand that she always give excuses to push the blame to others when she did something wrong.. But somehow I can see that she did put in effort to change what we don't like abt her..

Dunno why.. Now my bb will wake up at 3 plus for milk. Think really cannot say things about bb. They'll know...

Sigh.. I hope she'll cut off the 3plus feeding time soon...

Ever since that day my maid talk to bb!! Cos I told her bb sleep thru the nite. Then when she's bathing her.. She go and tell bb. Wow so clever. Not hungry meh! That very nite. She has to wake up 3 plus for milk Liao!! Sigh..,

Hammiebao, growth spurt normally occur during 2nd to 3rd wk of their life.at times, it takes some trial n error to get things rite..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bam,bb can be veri pangdang at times. My boy cfm w/o fail will have 2 nite feed.I wish he can reduce to 1 nite feed...veri tiring to wake up twice

Hi Mommies, how is your baby night routine like? My BB is 36days old and I am still following a 3-4hrly feed routine throughout the day. Meaning if last feed at 12midnite, next feed will be 4am plus. Not sure if that is okay? I am hopping to take off the night feed (4am feed). Can any experience Mom share how to do that?? Btw, I am bottle feeding my BB with EBM + FM

Currently my BB routine is Feed, Diaper change, Sleep. I haven't really include playtime yet.

Tik I had engorgement fever, whole body shivering and hot. Pop a panadol 4 hrs ago now fever reduce but still tired and body ache. Duno y pump at regular routine breasts suddenly feeling pain ard 11pm last night. The last 4 hrs pump out more than usual volume and let bb latch but still engorged. Wa really wish to have a good peaceful uninterrupted sleep... Sigh.

Faye, now my bb is 23 days old.. I also feed about 3 hourly.. Night I will try to stretch longer if can.. I don't really include play time just play with him when he's awake.. He can stay awake from 8+am till around 12.. Then rest of the day is sleep eat diaper change..

Koori, take care!

Chloe, do u know if during growth spurt, does bb need to be feed more often when bb sleep at night? Or only happens in the day? Cos yesterday night my bb wake up for feed about 2.5hourly.. Thanks

now, the stories are still abt CL. when they leave, the stories will become abt mums, MIL, maids (wah, all 'M'). hahaha [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i think most of us can't really tahan a stranger living with us, plus our maternal instincts kicking in "it's MY baby, i want to look after in this way (or we'll feel somewhat inadequate or not in control)", plus our hormones at work... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jan – I preferred bath then feed, it just like us, we won’t go and bath immediately when we are full right? We know our bb’s feeding time right? We can slightly adjust the bath time so that bb can bath before feeding.

Jan: I feed then bath, cos my BB will cry big time if he is hungry and will not let me bath him in peace.

So what I do everyday is feed, burp, take my time to prepare bath etc then bath.

One thing about burping, I suck!!! BB end up will vomit milk cos I never burp properly =(

Hammiebao: I think I didnt play with my BB enough cos too busy with other stuffs. Think I should start to do so, wait BB not getting enough play that he needs.

Actually a bit sad that BB will be taken care by maid after I start work. Not sure if Maid will play with BB to stimulate his growth =(. Haiz, I think i think too far le.

I remember one mummy mention that bb has phlegm aft drinking fm.

Now I'm also feeding more fm Liao due to supply. Last time used to be 3 bm and 3 fm. Now only 1 bm and 5 fm. I noticed her cries now is like having sore throat leh... Very coarse. Should I jus monitor?? I'm giving her more water in-between feeds as she is taking more fm now. Or should I switch milk powder?

Faye: I'm also letting maid tKe care of bb when I return work.

What I intend to do. Get a booklet and ask the maid to note down time of feed and Amt they drinking... Now my baby only sleep eat and change diaper and she is in her 7th week Liao.

I think I can only educate her when I return work.. We jus have to open and close 1 eye..

Koori, clover: so cute, your girl's class is cheer! And clover yours is so sweet- love. Mine is Peter rabbit- a character in Beatrix porter's books. Are your kids toilet trained? Are they expected to?

Strawberrys: yes, got allowance for personal use. Grocery and household exp all separate. I'm the finance director, my hb left them for me to manage. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For now, both wake up at 7, milk time for both. Then play awhile, bb shower and #1 breakfast. By 930, both showered and #2 nap. #1 will watch her cartoon while I bf #2. after the 10 am feed, I'll bring both out to the supermarket. Sometimes to shopping mall or library. Lunch followed by nap. Pm activities sometimes are indoor sometimes outdoor; sometimes just stay at home to read or free play. Back by dinner time, wash down and prepare to sleep. Usually by 8, both will be sleeping. I nap with them, eat and play with #1, can sleep will sleep. Some days things just can't be done so I'll just laugh and take it easy. With young kids, things are not always predictable and a schedule is almost impossible. I only give them a routine and keep them to it as close as as possible.

Jo: so envy..

I'm also trying hard to fix a schedule.

But it's so difficult..

7am will be her 1st feed. then i try to have it every 3 hours interval.

But her daily activity is sleep and sleep and sleep.

Until 4 plus, she'll be awake and sometime time doses of ard 6plus.

by 8.30pm i'll bring her back to my room and coax her sleep. And if things are smooth, she manage to sleep by 9plus 10. If not, 11pm the max.(day time no need to coax, ownself will sleep and no matter how i wake her up.. how i play with her.. she cannot stay awake!)

Will they slowly switch on their own to stay awake more in the day or we really need to train them?

I try to leave her on gym but she basically just sleep on where ever i leave her on..Playpen, sofa, musical chair, gym mat! sigh...

Hammiebao-cant reali advise you whether it happen during the nite onli or both day n nite. For my boy,when he experience growth spurt,thru out the day,his feeding pattern go haywire. Some feed,it can last him for 3 hrs.Some cant.

My boy patten is 1.5 to 2 hrs later,he will cry big time and i top up 1/2 the amount of his intake(eg he drinks 100ml,i will top up 50ml at the interval.)After this top up,he can slp 4 hrs straight b4 waking up. and the cycle repeats. It lasted for ard ~1wk .There are days when even after the additional intake,he still fuss, i will give in to the human pacifier and its always works to put him to slp.

Till my mum says its time to increase the amount of his intake and fixed back the 3 hrly timing for milking.

You monitor as it could be oso due to its time to increase his intake.It takes a few feed to find the magic number for the increase.

My boy at ard 20 days old,he is taking 100 to 120ml and the doc told us we had overfed him but he add on that diff bb has diff capacity of intake, as long as he dun merlion big time and his poo n pee is regular,it sld be ok.

Jo-haha,peifu u can juz luff n take it easy with 2 kids.

Hello mummies, anyone started to pump n store bm in milkbags? I intend to start pumping now before I start work.. But which brand of milkbags is gd? Lasinoh or Gnma?

my bb demands for milk every 2hrs in the day time, and every 3.5hrs from 12 mn - 7am. Then for most days, she will be irritated and cry between 9pm - 12mn. -_-". Seems impossible to fix a feeding schedule for her. Then, she poos only once in 3 days!! Same pattern for 2 wks le. I've just switched her FM brand, hopefully she can poo daily. We all try to take it easy and say she is trying to save diaper and wipes $$ for papa and mama.

Yesterday, hb carried bb for 1hr to coax her to sleep. Then I told him that bb is his girlfriend from his past life... hehe.. then straight away he said, "I must have treated her very badly in my past life then!" LOL.

Bam, she has been drinking S26 since birth..poos everyday until 1 mth. Then 5-6 wks, once every 2 days. 6-7 wks, once every 3 days. She is on 70%BM, 30%FM.. it is hard to gauge whether she's constipated or not. So I am trying out Friso now..

Faye: Received ur email. Am waiting for the rest to provide email before i sent.

West Mummies Gathering:

Outstanding emails addy: Ueno/ Chris/ OrangeBB / Clover

West Mummies Gathering:

Food List:

Sharon - Drinks

Jen - BBQ Chicken Wings

Bam - Pizza

Ueno: Chicken Nuggets

Jo: Chicken Pie

Cin_Bunny: Dessert

Tris Mommy: Choc Cupcakes

Bam: Same here, BB schedule now still not very fixed, sleep most of the time.

Tried playing with him just now since he is awake after feed but he seem uninterested. Haha, need to read more on how to play with BB of this age. Anyone tried story telling yet? Should I start now but he is only week 5 gg to week 6.

sharon

count me in for the gathering. i would like to share the cost. think if everyone bring sth, there will be a lot of foods.

CSI i Agreed. Ystd during bb shower, mil fed bb wAter. She say her sis ask her feed coz see bb lips dry. So many ppl i don dare to say. @@$&@$'!!! after bb shower, my MIL called hubby to tell him feed bb water. I shouted (try to shout as nicely) loudly say if feed bb water now he cant finish his milk (seeing nanny bringing his milk n mil's sis ard). I say bb already drinking 30ml water plus grip wster twice a day.

DULan. Tdy she came i boey tahan, went to her n ask her not feed bb water coz he's already drinking it.

My patience is tested. Told hubby actullly his mum dun need to come everyday. Come only when i goes back to work. The more i think the angrier. I think if she still continue keep doing things NOT my way, I'm not going to be able to tahan anymore.

I really cannot tahan. Later when i go out w hubby alone, need to tell him... I cant even tok to her properly like last time now

Sharon: I also PMed you already. Thanks.

Strawberrys: I have no maid only a helper to come by to clean twice a week.

Bam: there is a difference between schedule and routine. Former is very strict and must conform to time religiously.- a perfectionist way of doing things? Routine is everyday they do same things so they know what to expect- like when its play time, they'll hear you talking or interacting to them? children need a routine, for some, they don't take changes very well hence need routine to help them to manage expectations and help us to be organized. Don't give up, use your bb's cues then put in the play gym when she is awake. Your bb is only 8 weeks, it's natural she sleeps a lot, and she sleeps well too.

in laws

it can be very frustrating when deal with them. sigh.. once my bb cry, my fil will comment, she want milk lah.. despite my bb is just having her milk not more than 30 mins. and he saw it. gosh..

for my mil, she is like my no1's *mummy*. everything is ahma is my no1's eyes now. really cant stand. my HB asked me not to be so petty. the thing is i am not petty, just that i am not happy when my no 1 close to me, my FIl will comment, how can you be so sticky to mummy. then he grab her away from me. but when my girl super sticky to his wige aka my mil, he like so happy and proudly say: she everythign also want ahma lah.. she cannot live without ahma. damn... so they think my girl is their kids? who is the parent?

last wkend, me and HB went back muar with no 2. my mil brot back my no1 to muar a wk ago. my in law plan to bring my girl to attend a wedding dinner. when me and HB trying to bring my no 1 for wedding dinner, they always stop us, says tht, if we bring her along, how to enjoy the dinner. then planned it and on very last min, my mil told me, i shoot her back in very bo song tone: wedding dinner? if bring her along, how you all enjoy the dinner? how to eat?

i knwo i am very bad. but i am really super bo song.. why they can bring my no1 to anywhere they want to, yet we as parent cant. furthermore me and HB travel back purposely to see my girl yet they are going to bring her to other place?

i get my HB to tell them dun bring my no1 , leave her at home. dun care. if they not happy also bo bian.. i am not oging to bother so much. i have so little time with my no1 alr.

My bb is 1.5 mths old now n I'm latching him, but he really drink on demand every 1-2 hourly even at night, he can wake up so many times at night, anyone have the same experience?

Musicbox, maybe u feed him not enough? thats why bb cry for milk every 1-2 hours..

TBF mummies,

Do u all feel very tired everyday? I'm doing tbf now, I feel very tired leh.. thought I take nap.. like cannot stop sleeping.. haha.. but at night I sleep late like 1am cos hubby back ard 10+ then chit chat abit then feed then have supper then play some iphone game.. 1+am liao..

musicbox, how long do you latch ur bb each time? Maybe bb doesn't reach the hind milk, hence not full enough...some bb can take 30 min to reach hind milk, which has more fat and therefore makes them feel fuller.

No leh, when he vomit can be quite a lot, I tried pump out n feed him 4 oz, can't even last 3 hours, only tried a day, cannot tahan Liao, too many things to wash! Super tired! Can someone tell me this will be over very soon?!

Yes, it is tiring to be TBF-ing! Yst, my MIL joked that the CL will steal my other soups like black bean soup etc to drink but not the green papaya and fish soup, cos she wouldn't want her breasts to leak milk! It was said in jest, but made me realise its really hardwork being a breastfeeding mum! Every few hours, we got to either nurse or express out milk.

For those mummies whose babies sleep through the night, do you still have to wake up to pump out the milk? I get woken up at night becos breasts feel too full.

My baby wakes up every 3 hours for feed at night, during the day, it can vary - sometimes 2 hourly, sometimes up to 4 hours. I tried to

And she's a very impatient gal, when she's hungry, she will cry very hard...until whole face red and sometimes cry until no sound coming out from her mouth. :p

JanO, my bb also like that.. Cannot wait one.. Will cry cry cry till like screaming like that.. I try to feed every 3hourly.. At night will feed when he cry.. Sometime it is about 4 hours.. Feed twice after 10pm feed till morning ard 7am.. Normally feed around 1am n 4am..

JanO: haha.. my boy also same as your girl very very impatient.. can cry until no voice. When he wakes up ard feeding time, I already try my very best to prepare milk within 3 mins.. but he is like very very very hungry cant even wait a min. Then when the teat is near his mouth, he gobbles it up immediately.

changing of teats: I remember reading from somewhere that we need to replace teats ever 2-3 mths due to wear and tear is it? Anyone has any idea about it?

mine is also a fierce and impatient bb when it comes to meal time. She'll wail till face goes red, tears roll out, twist her body, and use her fist to beat my chest!! Then best of all, after all that "performance", she can't finish her milk sometimes cos she isn't very hungry.

Are all bbs like that or tiger bbs more fierce?

Haha...I think all BB is like that leh. Mine also cant wait and will cry till face red red. He will has this very wei qu expression like why we bully him by not giving him his milk.

changing of teats:- when I used Avent for my #1, I didn't change till the teat is 6 mths. Coz a bit wasted leh...when there's no visibile damage to it...but when I switched to Pigeon teats, the teats will become "cloudy" (compared with a BN, transparent teat). So for Pigeon teats, I change when it's "cloudy"...which is about 3 mths or so...

Piggydog: yeah.. Mine also like that.. Cry very loud and hard but cannot finish the milk.. I really wish she can talk!!! At least we dun have to play guessing game.

just got back from PD haiz bb still having sign of jaundice and thanks to CL sunbath my son until he is tanned until we can't see the yellowish until last wk and guess what all the herbal soup I have been drinking during confinement likely the cause for the prolong jaundice and because my son is 80% bf so I am the one the cause the jaundice sob sob so for those whose bb still having jaundice STOP all herbal related food and Dom and liquor cos these are putting stress on our little one's liver sob sob just take normal food as per PD's instruction.

Back