(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

Ccpet

Actually it quite simple to prepare for the little one.

For me,morning I give either bread,pancake or cereal

Lunch will be either noodle or porridge

Dinner will be prepare by my mother n it will be porridge again.

Milk still be given in btw meals

Xiao pang

If u going cc then got n1 if not they are suppose to go to playgroup. If go pcf,they are require to be at least 30mth old.

I have yet to ask if it's ok to join in on either sept or nov time.

Hi there,

I have a preloved carseat maxi cosi priori XP, it is fr bb from 9 mths to 4 yrs old. bought it abt a yr ago this is a spare carseat in my fil's car but he seldom let me boy sit on it. Now it is placed in my spare room. I bought it from taka at $349, now selling at $200. Pls pm me if interested.

Ccpet,

Don't think overnight food is good for babies/toddlers. Afraid of bacteria even if u fridge it.

We now give bb cereal, bread, bun, egg tart, soya tart, or rice crisp with milk (same like corn flakes but it's d little rice crisp). I wanted to try Cheerios with milk but she seems to get dry skin n a bit of rashes with wheat/corn.

Lunch n dinner at home is usually porridge (veg+chicken, pork or egg). During the weekends, she's eaten stuff like chawamushi n agedashi tofu n egg sushi at jap place, or a bit of rice n chicken, cream soup,... Mashed potato is still a staple "outside food". She has 6 teeth so far (4 top, 2 below).

If u r giving the same food for 3 consec meals, surely bb will be sian. I will also feel sian if I were him.

Oh, I also give bb yogurt. N this girl gets to eat more "rubbish" at a younger age than his bro. I was v strict abt bb food back then but now with a older boy n a younger one who always wants a share of whatever she sees her bro/us eating, she ends up getting bites of kitkat, seeweed (spicy version - she loves it), prawn cracker (even tomyum flavoured ones), biscuits and sucks on cherries n fruits.

CCpet,

Agree with the rest of the mummies, try not to give Daniel overnight food.

There are many ways to have variety while keeping a few items in the fridge that you can keep in the fridge for a longer period of time.

E.g. cabbage, mini corn, brocoli, fish (frozen fish can keep for months leh, but must freeze immediately)

What my parents do for fish (Can be cod, salmon or threadfin. Wash, descale, cut into single meal portions. Wrap them up in small plastic bags and freeze them. To use, just bring out from freezer the portion needed and defroze them by soaking in water (fish still inside the plastic). It only takes about 30 mins to thaw it fully). Put one or two pieces of sliced ginger and steam it for about 10 mins and you are ready to feed Daniel. Sometimes i add a bit of basil or wolfberries.

What my mum or i do is cook plain porridge for both lunch and dinner everyday and make some changes to the type of meat and vege served with the porridge. Or you can cook some vege soup, add mince meat for lunch with mee sua(cooked separately) and then keep remaining soup for dinner by using soup to boil the rice grains into porridge to pair with steam fish.

Even plain porrige can have variety. I buy the following grains(brown rice, quinoa, barley, millet) and mix and match them.

I add things to the grains like red dates, wolfberries, white bait (cooked white fish similar to size of ikan bilis, can keep up to one month in freezer, just break off a small frozen chunk when you want to use them) to give the plain porridge some taste and variety.

You can try noodles items like pasta, mee tai mak, udon and mee sua. But got to cut to shorter lengths to feed our toddlers.

I am more lazy for breakfast. I just give cereal with milk. For variety, i pair the cereal with cheerios, yoghurt or fruit puree. I give biscuits or whole meal breads too. For added nutrition, i add flax seed (grind for 3 days worth each time cos they go rancid very fast and got to store in fridge) into the cereal.

OP

High five. I also give my boy quite a bit of adult food like pandan cake, kueh lapis, Marche's mash potatoes, skin of wanton, crystal jade plain porridge etc.

Xiaopang

I haven't tot about nursery. But i am thinking about getting the Young Parents preschool guide 2012 and reading the Kiasuparents website for recommendations. Think young parents is organising a seminar for selection preschool opn 19th NOv. You may want to sign up for it online.

New, unopened Happy Baby Organice Puffs and Melts. Bought last month from iherb and baby outgrow .. Self collection at bukit panjang or buyer to pay for postage please

Puffs

Expiry date: February 2013

S$5.50 per bottle (exclude postage)

- Apple x 5 bottles

- Banana x 8 bottles

- Strawberry x 8 bottles

- Sweet Potatoes x 6 bottles

Melts

Expiry date: February 2013

- Banana Mango $4.60

Please PM me if interested. Thank you.

Re Baby Fussy Eating

THank you mommies for all your inputs. It was a busy 2 weeks for me. I felt so helpless, with my mom or maid calling me at work and saying "he refused x, so now feed what?" and "1.5 hours already, only half bowl..." He would stare at the mee sua for 5 seconds and then decided he didn't want that alien stuff. Same with star pasta, even though i think the pasta sauce i cooked was ultra yummy with flavorful herbs and even, salt! I thought maybe porridge texture too wet for him, so try rice. Wow, it's forever in his mouth man... To give bb variety and free myself from telling maid every detail of what to cook, i actually ordered a few frozen sets from www.petitbowl.com. He ate there once many weeks ago and it was ok. But he just clamps his mouth at the sight of the spoon!

To see if he's going thru self-feeding phase, i put his hand on the spoon. He seemed open to the idea, but wanted independence yet can't really control well.. In the end, the battle became such a mess and he decided not to eat. Then I put boiled carrot, sweet potato cubes and some chopped leafy greens in a bowl for him to feed himself (colorful right??? got green and orange), but he just glanced at the bowl and ignored it thereafter, didnt even attempt to play with his food. The saving grace was Gerber's star puffs. We inserted some in between or under the veggie cubes, and he would skillfully pick out ONLY the star puffs (peeling away any leafy veg stuck to the puffs) and feed himself just that. When we saw that we were like, warrao, so clever for the wrong reason.

Finally, we saw a Nutritionist at KK - I dunno lah, felt like a waste of time and money. Told me things i read online like, keep meals to 20 to 30min (he'd hv eaten only 1 baby bite biscuit lor), instead of forcing him to finish his food which may take us 1-1.5 hrs. She also told me to add 1 tsp of oil to all his meals, cos he could do with more calories, but doesnt help me 'cos he refuses food that requires spoon. At the same time, I was shocked that our 13month babies are supposed to be able to eat normal adult food, just maybe cut into smaller pieces. aiyoh, my little boy doesn't really chew unless it's a biscuit/bread leh...

In the end, I did keep to the 30 min of feeding, and because he may not have even started on his food then, I would just feed 120ml milk at the end of the 30 min to top up. Didn't feel right that our 13month old was being fed mainly milk for days. But all for our sanity's sake lah.

He became open to the spoon again just the last weekend, but still not finishing his usual portions. I think he's gradually getting over this phase. See how lah.. What gives me comfort is that he's otherwise an active and happy/cheeky boy. Really thanks for all your advice, Pomme, OP, Leobaby, PHyphy. And Aishite, thanks so much for that link too. Printed a couple of recipes for the maid.

Dear mummies, pls help to like this page if you wish to sell/buy 2nd hand baby items here. We need more likers in order for this platform to work. I believe most of you sell used items in forum before. This is just an another platform to serve buyers and sellers for this purpose. Please LIKE the page and read more http://www.facebook.com/2ndhandmarketplace

Thanks!!

Hihi,

ccpet > my boy (14 months today) is going through the fussy eating phase too!

Mine is another type of problem, he only wants to eat our flavorful table food. He's been eating adult food i.e. rice, soup, chopped meat and vege for about 2 months now. Porridge is a no-go already. Initially he was ok with the food we cooked separately for him (which is healthier cos' no oil, seasoning). Now even if we bland table food, he also don't want. He only wants fried rice, chicken rice, sweet sour fish etc

Stress leh, cannot everyday give him that kind of food. And the worse is, he always opens his mouth first but if he dun like, everything spit out. And since he screams if we make him sit in his highchair, there's food all over the house during his mealtimes.

Heya mummies!! I'm jus so excited to see these 2 posts abt meal problems cos i was jus abt to share the same headache here n seeking a solution! :p

My boy is oso coming 14mths old n of late, he's not been wanting to eat, feel restless in his high-chair n wanting to get out fm it, leaves food in his mouth for a long time n not chewing, etc. My mum is his caregiver n she's been helpless abt it. Is tis a growing phase (means he will grow out of it n love food again), signs of teething or he doesn't like the food he's given? Cos when we give him small n short meals like yoghurt, fruits, cakes or bread, he accepts it without forcing.

-_-""

erm.. hi gals ...any suggestions for easy foods that baby can self-feed with fork? i'm currently stuck at just bread and egg...

haiza - mine quite similar with urs...have been giving him food from our table...i think diff child diff...my boy die die wanna eat things that we eat...if we give him something he have not seen as eating or if we feed him 1st, he dun want...somemore he dun eat mashed food and porridge since 6mths...have been feeding him white/brown rice from then....think one way is to eat what they eat loh...

food can be flavourful but yet healthy too...can use maple syrup instead of sugar...i do that to bake muffins and pancakes for my boy...

if u cook, always go for better alternatives...

just some suggestion, hope it helps:

use maple syrup for sweetness.

use canola oil for cooking oil(olive oil is not healthier than canola oil, olive oil is due to its unique flavor)

if he likes flavourful food, u can search try spices too.

if giving adult food, try give at the parts where it has no/ least gravy and oily...

try slowly reduce the flavourful food.not to give a stop straight away...cos they need time to adapt back

i actually think fried rice can be full of goodness; like muffin, u can add many diff food inside so he can have many nutrients :D

JO:

Maybe he thinks snacks taste better? or maybe he likes to take short meal...cos kids attention span very short...my boy oso like that...feed him at table eat abt 1/4 bowl then dun want start fussing...after we finish our own food, he wanna eat again...u can try split his meal into 2...if he dun eat then let him rest a while before u continue the 2nd portion...

diamantz:

pancake? u can add lots of diff fruits in them :D...egg is one of the best food to work with...can make scramble egg with veggies and meat in it :D if u bake, u can try bake muffins.

i always get adult recipe and modify myself...cos my boy like to eat what we have...think u guys can try too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

CCpet,

Can feel the agony you are going thru. Don't stress yourself out. Pray for the Lord to show you what to do and for Him to grow interest for food in your boy's heart.

It is still ok for him to have mainly milk on certain days since it is still a key source of nutrients for our toddlers now. There is no hurry to get him to eat adult food if he doesn't want to since he has a lifetime to enjoy them.

I feel maybe he is still cautious about food since he was eating the same things previously. Give him time to realised that he is getting variety in his meals and he may open up slowly. Maybe try to change the enviroment like let him sit on the adult chair at meal times, with supervison of course.

My boy also keeps food in his mouth, so i will hand him a spoon to play and have the children songs playing to keep him entertain and distracted enuff to swallow his food. Sometimes they are just bored.

My boy sits on our dining chair during meals and nearing the end he will like come down from the chair to run around. We will let him and he will come back to us when he wants another bite. Once he refuse, we will end the meal.

Hi mommies! I have made a booking with Peek-A-Boo playground at Kallang Leisure Mall for a kids party on 17th Dec, Saturday, 10am

to 12pm. However, due to unforseen circumstances, we may not be able to hold the party anymore. I was wondering if anyone may like to take

over our reservation should we not be able to hold the party? We have made a $250 deposit for this date. This is the Saturday before Christmas so it'll be a great day and time to have a kids christmas party! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

http://www.peekaboo.com.sg/parties.php

Hello Mommies, thanks so much for your wisdom with all the eating ideas. Thank God we are over that no-spoon-feeding phase. But last few days, he didnt want to take milk, kena blood in urine and is now diagnosed with UTI. He still seems quite active tho, but like energizer bunny that SUDDENLY drops off to sleep when battery flat. Oh well, i guess kids are just ever-changing...

BTW, i'm still thinking of signing up for Julia Gabriel mandarin class. The group discount is still on, 20% off if 4 or more sign up. Is anyone interested? can PM me.. Thanks!

Thanks for your feedback. I think i will go for it in the nearby GP clinic. Don't want to run so far for it. I missed my appt cos it was schedule on the date that i am on course. Sizan.. don't feel like going.

CCpet

Glad Daniel is eating well now. Do give him lots of water on top of milk. Pray over him and lay hands and he shall be well in Jesus's name. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thanks for ur advise kristelle!

still faced with feeding challenges...well, jus hv to remind myself it's part n parcel of growing up :p

Mummies, i believe for some, ur kiddos r oredi wobbling around on their own. Mine's still learning to walk though. I'd like to find out, wat kind of shoes should they be wearing when they r wobbling at this stage? Have came across recommendations for both hard sole shoes (eg. COMBI) n soft shoes (Skidders?). Different advantages were quoted for both types. So which one exactly will be good for their growing feet?

;)

Hi All:

I have two girls, one born in Oct 2008 & the other in Sep 2010 and I'm FTHW & wd like to join this discussion group.

Jopp,

Bare foot is the best. She will learn to balance herself faster.

Or else let her wear the soft shoes (leather) when go out.

Wait til she is more sturdy and able to walk on her/his own then only change to hard sole. Both my girls are able to walk on their 1st Bithday.

Ccpet,

You may try my way, cook one big pot of chicken soup (上汤)& keep in Mothercare Small freezer pots (30ml/1oz) &(90ml/3oz) & freeze it.

Each meal I'll just use the soup to cook anything...or use it as base for noodle soup, it saves a lot of work.

INGREDIENT :

4 pkt x Chicken back bones (鸡骨)

(can get at Ntuc - display at halal section or wet market)

10 chicken feet

OR 1 whole chicken remove skin

2-4 pcs of ginger

2 stalks of Spring onion

Cooked for 2 hours, let it cool then keep in big Tupperware and keep it in fridge (normally I keep overnight), scoop out the oil (top white layer) and transfer to small freeze pot & freeze it.

Ps: I'll ask the maid keep the chicken meat & use it to cook for her nx meal.

Hi all the worried mommy,

Don't worry, it's just another phase, currently 14mths babies, they are more interested to walk & explore than eating their food. If u worried, just mixed some pediasure (vanilla) in their milk or with cereal, it will open up their appetite. Or feed them every 3 1/2 hour or 4 hrs instead of usual 3 hrs. I guarantee they will finish up all their food.

Breastfeeding Mummies I will be bring in BABY ONE breast milk Storage Bag

*Made in Korea

*Specifications BPA-Free

*zip lock seal (inner Double Zipper)

*Presterised

... ... *Self-standing

*Leak proof

*Can hold 200ml per bag

Selling @$17/= per box(80pc)

BUY 10 BOXES & GET 1 Box FREE!!!!

Free Normal Postage for order above $50

Normal Mail (Noted I might remove & flat the box so that the package can go into the letter box.)

1-2 Boxes : $3.00

3-4 Boxes : $4.00

Registered Post - Additional of $2.25 on top of the normal postage rates. Please note that I will not be responsible for any lost/damaged items via mail, so registered post is strongly encouraged.

Interested can PM me for preorder. There is an MOQ of 100 Boxes. If MOQ not reached... Will be cancelled n all will be refunded.Sorry for any incovenieue casued...

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/6376543.jpg]

Hello mommies,

Can I just ask if any of your babies ever have UTI and whether u hv gone ahead to do the MCU test? Can share your experience? Many thanks!

ccpet,

My #1 had UTI at ~7 months and PD recommended to test MCU as the level was very high. It was a horrendous experience! They didnt allow us to go inside the room; and we could hear her screaming her lungs out from the inside for about 20mins+. Me n my mum was crying outside, my dad kicked up a fuss insisting on letting one of us go in. It was really a terrible, heartwrenching time. If I had known it would be so traumatic (for her as well as us); I wouldn't have send her for the test, since she got UTI once only & ultrasound show that the tracts are ok. But at that time (and i guess lot of times) we were unsure of what is d best way to go about it and since PD highly recommended it to rule out any urinary reflex problem, so we went ahead with it. I guess if (touch wood); result wasn't favourable, I would have say a different thing (luckily we went for the test and detected it early)?

Is Daniel asked to go for MCU? Maybe you can seek another PD's opinion whether to go for it or not.

Starluster, thanks for sharing. D was already screaming with the Ultrasound although it wasn't even painful. Oh dear, will get 2nd opinion on the MCU. Tx a lot

Dear all,

I won a Loft Bed worth $1,700 from Casakidi from Baby Baby Exhition Grand Lucky Draw (https://www.facebook.com/babybabysingapore) on 4 Dec 2011.

I need to let go this item, because:

1. I am staying with my in laws, and there are space constraints

2. My new born (coming out next Jan) won't be able to use it for short and mid-term.

If you are interested in the loft bed,

1. You may request for different color / design, and may also purchase additional complimentary items such as slide. You may choose either white color or the natural color COTTAGE bed frame with loft kit and stairs. The tents colors are available in pink, purple, blue and tree top.

2. You need to pay $50 for the delivery charge.

The link is as follows: http://online.casakidi.com/private/index.php/onlineShop/catalogue/item/view/c1fe221c747c13bdee956ac0c7fef762/

You may also visit the warehouse showroom at 23, Tampines Street 92 to see all the possible combination for the loft bed.

The salesman told me this is a popular model, which they can sell at least 4 pieces every weekend. I am thinking of letting go at $1400 ($300 Discount). Do contact me at [email protected] if you wish to find out more or negotiate.

ccpet,

my girl has UTI when she was 7 months old also, did the US and was waiting for the MCU when i rejected the procedure just before they start to prep cos i was annoyed that they wanted to sedate her and they didn't inform me beforehand, i went back to PD and ask her again if it's compulsory. She told us that we have to monitor the cause of her high fever if she gets it again and if she gets it once more she must go for it. So far so good, no more UTI (touchwood).

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all Sept 2010 mummies! :D

I believe all of us are now soooo busy chasing after our little ones! Keke!

For those of you who have installed safety gates, may i seek your advise as to which brand is recommended? Lucky Baby? Lindam? Ikea?

And are plastic ones or metal ones better?

I'm thinking of installing one at the kitchen entrance.

TIA!

Hi mommies!

Long time no "see"! And happy new year to all! This place is rather quiet, it seems.

I just got back from Royal Caribbean cruise with the family and it was pretty cool! Great and easy with the lil ones, and plenty of yummy food and friendly staff!

Any one sending kiddy to playgroup/classes yet? We're trying out a Saturday parent-toddler playgroup this wkend. Following my #1's schedule, Megon shld be attending a playgroup for abt a yr before she starts pre-N in a Kindy in 2013.

Time flies man! Hv to register her for Kindy this Feb/Mar! It seems like yesday when she was just born! And it's been 16 months! The only thing that hasn't changed abt her is that she's still v much a wailer. Cry cry cry. Hahaha!

Cheers to all!

Hi Jaime,

Mine sings and babbles a lot but is quieter when with strangers (that's when I can hv some peace).

She sings the National Anthem (from watching tv too early in d morning!), bible songs and other nursery songs.

Then again, my elder boy, at 18m was hardly babbling nor singing. So I've seen both extremes of babbling early and late. So not too be too anxious if the kiddy is not babbling much. Now, I need to get my boy to stop talking and keep quiet all the time. So I do appreciate those years when he was quieter. Haha!

Keep talking and singing to the kiddy. I sing a lot to my elder boy when he was a bb. Then one fine day when he was close to 2yr, he was suddenly able to sing those songs too, tho I haven't been singing to him for a long time!

Hi optimus prime

wow! your girl sings! envious!

mine whenever teach her to talk she will look at me then turn away dun want to learn dun want to talk. actually can only say papa and mama that's all so so afraid she have development speech delay and pd goanna send her for some therapy which not sure really needed or not. aigh..

i wish the day will come sooner where my girl babbles and sings non-stop and then start complaining so noisy keke.. then secretly happy. haha..

so uplifting to hear your boy's case, i gotta maintain my chatter box style to stimulate her. so tiring at times cos no results seen after all the hard work.. hur hur..

Hi Jaime,

My cousin (abt 8yr younger than me) didn't start talking till ard 3. My aunt was so worried that he is verbally challenged and brought him to see GP when he was nearly 3. But GP said not to worry n my cousin started talking soon after. Strange.

My girl parrots after us quite a bit but my elder boy, when younger, almost never parrot.

Every kid is different. My girl is a much slower walker compared to my boy.

Hi Optimus Prime

my pd since my last visit says if my girl still doesnt talk simple words then have to send her for some speech devt therapy, and this start all my worries..

thanx for your advice and experience sharing.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Regarding talking,

We need to worry more if they don talk after 3.

My elder gal also don talk much till when she reach 3.

For now,u just have to encourage ur kid to parrot talk. Ask them to repeat wat u say.

Hi,

My daughter is born In oct 2010 (19mths) I am looking for a photogenic boy to do a diaper shoot ( huggies jeans) to partner my girl. this is a personal project of mine.

Interested Parties please email ur bb photo to [email protected] thks!

Dear Mummies,

My girl will be ready for school next Jan..

Any recommendations for gd nursery schs ?

Around East Side (Simei/Tampines)??

Where you guys sending children to ?

so far any of your toddler (born 2010) is attending school now? my boy is 21 months but slow in speech.. but he understands simple instructions and i am only sending him to preschool nursery next year when he is 30 months.. a lot of my mummy friends urge me to send my boy to school now as he can learn more.. what are your views?

anyone staying in teban area??

Back