(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

SURVEYEES NEEDED URGENTLY!

Looking for:

1) Pregnant women from age 18 to 40, stage of pregnancy is 13 to 36 weeks,Singaporean or PRs, Chinese, Malays and Indians.

2) Mothers who is feeding their infants from 0 to 12 months old using infant formula brands currently.

Incentive reward: $30 NTUC Voucher Interested, pls reply:-

Group : 1 or 2

Name :

Hp no :

Mother Age:

Brand consume :

Baby age :

Pregnancy stage in weeks :

Email to [email protected] by 25/8/11.

Thanks

hey septemmber mummies, any idea where to purchase those customised birthday cake as I intend to order one for my girl 1st birthday? nice to eat hopefully...

Mummies,

long time never post here. Feeling very depressed now as i've just found out that i'm pregnant with no. 3. Totally unprepared and i'm really afraid that we cannot cope financially and physically.

Hi Nigella,

I know having No. 3 is not going to be easy...but since it's God's gift to you then I think He will guide over you too. Don worry ok, we are all here to give support and provide good listening ears. Feel free to rant all you want and end of the day, stay positive!

Hi Nigella

Cheer up and hugz. The Lord has a good plan for you and the baby within.

I know it sounds really daunting, but take a baby step at a time and big problem will become bite size solvable ones. Let me know what are the things you may need for the 3rd one, and if these are within what I have to offer, am very happy to pass these to you.

Thanks ladies for your comforting words, this pregnancy has really taken us by surprise cos the previous 2 were planned. Having 3 really scares me now that we can barely cope with 2. Made appointment with my gynae. When i called her, she was a bit naggy cos my 2nd c sect was done less then 1 year ago and she is worried about my wound and want to do US and have a discussion with me 1st.

Hi Nigella,

Give urself sometime... It is natural to feel perplex and loss when we r faced with the unexpected but the truth is life dun alwaz turn out the way we plan it to be bec man can only see and plan so much. God is in control. It will work out somehow. A fren was in a similar situation with u. She had taken all precaution and the chances of a pregnancy, less than 5%. When she got pregnant she too was worried but today, she's a happy Mom of three...

My colleague whose kids have grown up shared that she shld have disregarded the constraints and went for a third child when she was ypunget

I cant totally ustd ur situation but I hope u will find strength and hope, knowing that others have gone tru similar experiences as u and few wld tell u that they regret having

the bb.

Stay positive. Dun allow negative tots and worry rob u the joy of ur little bb.

God bless;)

hello mummies (especially those staying in Bt Panjang area), need some advise.

Currently my boy is taken care of by my mum fulltime...is it necessary that I send to him some kind of playgroup (2-3hrs kind) when he turns 18mths old (June 2012)? If so, do I have to start sourcing and registering now? (Cos some told me that next yr is Dragon year...gotta start registering now!)

And which one in Bt Panj is recommended? I noticed that there are some private ones (those terrace house) kind at the Cashew estate. Are those good?

Thanks for ur sharing! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

JO,

IMO, it is best to start sourcing and shortlisting your preferred centre now to avoid disappointment especially those popular ones.

I think letting our babies expose and socialize will help them, of course it depends on individual, i got a friend who insisted that she educated her girl at home, she is more comfortable that way, so she skip the nursery and kindergarten classes totally.

Please prioritize your criteria in seeking for school for e.g. programmes, cleaniness, the location, feedbacks etc, just my own suggestion.

Cheers

Nigelle

Cheer up ! since now #3 will be arriving, stay positive..our #3 Kyra has brought us a lot of joy and there are 4 people in the family to love her ( me, hb, her sis and her bro)

babies are lovely and dun worry too much [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

stay positive and there will be no problems..even if there is any problem, having a positive mindset will def help lots ! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jia You !

Hi, I am selling away the Haenim play yard to clear space

1) 6 panels Haenim Normal Play Yards (Blue and Red design) to let go at $65*

Consist of the following :

• 1 Activity (Normal) panel

• 2 Doors

• 3 Plain panels

Condition is 6.5/10

* Buyer may want to buy replacement parts+:

• Suction pads (A few have dropped off due to wear and tear )

• Bear stickers (Decorative purposes only, buyer can leave out if there is a budget) Optional

• Mirror sticker (Not reflective, buyer can leave out if there is a budget) Optional

Self collect. Interested buyers may email to [email protected] for viewing.

+Replacement parts can be purchased from SMH Bulk purchase spree:

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5360294.html

月圆+ 花香祝您身体更健康

鱼在游+鸟在叫愿您天天哈哈笑

手中杯+杯中酒祝您好运天天有

欢乐多+忧愁少愿您明天更美好

祝您“中秋节快乐”

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/6022087.jpg]

Hi Sept mommies,

Sori to disturb.

I got ready stock for latex ballons BP for 1st Birthday for your babies under linl:- http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/6031431.html?1315978861

Pls kindly take a look.

Cheers...

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_babydust.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_babydust.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_babydust.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_babydust.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_babydust.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_babydust.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_babydust.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_babydust.gif]

Sorry to interrupt.

Oh, what a noisy zoo tickets.

=============================

May I know if any Mummy has 4 tickets on 23 Oct, Sunday, 11am that you are willing to exchange with me? I'll be most grateful for that. Or else I will just have to sell these 4 tickets and my kids won't get to watch the play. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I'm willing to meet you anywhere to do the exchange. THANK YOU!

Please PM me for my hp.

Hi sep mummies, i am a nov 2010 mummy...

Was wondering whether anyone here knows tinkerstars? I am trying to find out where she got the cake for her girl's birthday but I dunno how to reach her...if anyone knows, please PM me? thanks...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Mummies,

I'm planning to sign my 2 girls up for Julia Gabriel holiday programmes.

There is a 20% group discount if 4 or more children register at the same time. It can be a different programme and venue.

If anyone is interested too, please PM me so that we can all enjoy the group discount.

Information for the holiday programmes. http://www.juliagabriel.com/pdfviewermm1ab.html

Hi Xiaopang, I've been to a couple to try and felt that Little Gym (marina sq) was good. The trainers were ahem, well-trained and the program was smooth and good. It's useful in helping the kiddo learn physical balance and motor skills. U learn how to help your kid learn precursors to somersaults and other tricks, unlike other gyms where your kid just runs through some obstacle course... Hope that helps [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

Hi Mommies, need your help/advice with feeding bb again... DS not eating very well. Once we put him in the highchair he starts crying/complaining. How do you all manage the meals? So far, maid cooks in the PM and that meal lasts for dinner, and the next day's breakfast and lunch. Is that erm, too boring? But he can't really eat adult food yet, so it seems quite an effort to prepare baby's meal and adults meals separately for every meal... right?

Your thoughts/advice/meal plan is appreciated. He seems to like biscuits now, but i'm afraid that he gets bored of biscuits, then we don't hv anything to feed him liao...

ccpet> its not good to keep food over nite for bb esp if its porridge as over nite porridge will generate a lot of wind in stomach. Not sure what food you kept over nite for bb but usually anything over nite will sure taste not so good.

Hi

Try the meal-planner from this blog, v interesting ideas. Agree with Leo_baby about not letting baby have overnight food. What we do for my 1yo boy is lunch we use Philip-Avent to steam/blend stuff (v v v easy and fast) and dinner we prepare porridge for him or let him have rice plus soup + other soft food together with the family. Breakfast he just hv a piece of brown-meal ... I still bf feed 3x a day.

http://littlegastronomy.blogspot.com/

Mummies! Next year, we'll be enrolling our kiddos for nursery (N1) for 2013 (On year in advance). Because our babies are born in Sep, and most nurserys require them to be minimum 2.5 years to 3 years, they'll end up in waiting list to start sch in Term 2 instead of Term 1.....Anyway, any mummies given any thought on which nursery to go to?

Ccpet

Actually it quite simple to prepare for the little one.

For me,morning I give either bread,pancake or cereal

Lunch will be either noodle or porridge

Dinner will be prepare by my mother n it will be porridge again.

Milk still be given in btw meals

Xiao pang

If u going cc then got n1 if not they are suppose to go to playgroup. If go pcf,they are require to be at least 30mth old.

I have yet to ask if it's ok to join in on either sept or nov time.

Hi there,

I have a preloved carseat maxi cosi priori XP, it is fr bb from 9 mths to 4 yrs old. bought it abt a yr ago this is a spare carseat in my fil's car but he seldom let me boy sit on it. Now it is placed in my spare room. I bought it from taka at $349, now selling at $200. Pls pm me if interested.

Ccpet,

Don't think overnight food is good for babies/toddlers. Afraid of bacteria even if u fridge it.

We now give bb cereal, bread, bun, egg tart, soya tart, or rice crisp with milk (same like corn flakes but it's d little rice crisp). I wanted to try Cheerios with milk but she seems to get dry skin n a bit of rashes with wheat/corn.

Lunch n dinner at home is usually porridge (veg+chicken, pork or egg). During the weekends, she's eaten stuff like chawamushi n agedashi tofu n egg sushi at jap place, or a bit of rice n chicken, cream soup,... Mashed potato is still a staple "outside food". She has 6 teeth so far (4 top, 2 below).

If u r giving the same food for 3 consec meals, surely bb will be sian. I will also feel sian if I were him.

Oh, I also give bb yogurt. N this girl gets to eat more "rubbish" at a younger age than his bro. I was v strict abt bb food back then but now with a older boy n a younger one who always wants a share of whatever she sees her bro/us eating, she ends up getting bites of kitkat, seeweed (spicy version - she loves it), prawn cracker (even tomyum flavoured ones), biscuits and sucks on cherries n fruits.

CCpet,

Agree with the rest of the mummies, try not to give Daniel overnight food.

There are many ways to have variety while keeping a few items in the fridge that you can keep in the fridge for a longer period of time.

E.g. cabbage, mini corn, brocoli, fish (frozen fish can keep for months leh, but must freeze immediately)

What my parents do for fish (Can be cod, salmon or threadfin. Wash, descale, cut into single meal portions. Wrap them up in small plastic bags and freeze them. To use, just bring out from freezer the portion needed and defroze them by soaking in water (fish still inside the plastic). It only takes about 30 mins to thaw it fully). Put one or two pieces of sliced ginger and steam it for about 10 mins and you are ready to feed Daniel. Sometimes i add a bit of basil or wolfberries.

What my mum or i do is cook plain porridge for both lunch and dinner everyday and make some changes to the type of meat and vege served with the porridge. Or you can cook some vege soup, add mince meat for lunch with mee sua(cooked separately) and then keep remaining soup for dinner by using soup to boil the rice grains into porridge to pair with steam fish.

Even plain porrige can have variety. I buy the following grains(brown rice, quinoa, barley, millet) and mix and match them.

I add things to the grains like red dates, wolfberries, white bait (cooked white fish similar to size of ikan bilis, can keep up to one month in freezer, just break off a small frozen chunk when you want to use them) to give the plain porridge some taste and variety.

You can try noodles items like pasta, mee tai mak, udon and mee sua. But got to cut to shorter lengths to feed our toddlers.

I am more lazy for breakfast. I just give cereal with milk. For variety, i pair the cereal with cheerios, yoghurt or fruit puree. I give biscuits or whole meal breads too. For added nutrition, i add flax seed (grind for 3 days worth each time cos they go rancid very fast and got to store in fridge) into the cereal.

OP

High five. I also give my boy quite a bit of adult food like pandan cake, kueh lapis, Marche's mash potatoes, skin of wanton, crystal jade plain porridge etc.

Xiaopang

I haven't tot about nursery. But i am thinking about getting the Young Parents preschool guide 2012 and reading the Kiasuparents website for recommendations. Think young parents is organising a seminar for selection preschool opn 19th NOv. You may want to sign up for it online.

New, unopened Happy Baby Organice Puffs and Melts. Bought last month from iherb and baby outgrow .. Self collection at bukit panjang or buyer to pay for postage please

Puffs

Expiry date: February 2013

S$5.50 per bottle (exclude postage)

- Apple x 5 bottles

- Banana x 8 bottles

- Strawberry x 8 bottles

- Sweet Potatoes x 6 bottles

Melts

Expiry date: February 2013

- Banana Mango $4.60

Please PM me if interested. Thank you.

Re Baby Fussy Eating

THank you mommies for all your inputs. It was a busy 2 weeks for me. I felt so helpless, with my mom or maid calling me at work and saying "he refused x, so now feed what?" and "1.5 hours already, only half bowl..." He would stare at the mee sua for 5 seconds and then decided he didn't want that alien stuff. Same with star pasta, even though i think the pasta sauce i cooked was ultra yummy with flavorful herbs and even, salt! I thought maybe porridge texture too wet for him, so try rice. Wow, it's forever in his mouth man... To give bb variety and free myself from telling maid every detail of what to cook, i actually ordered a few frozen sets from www.petitbowl.com. He ate there once many weeks ago and it was ok. But he just clamps his mouth at the sight of the spoon!

To see if he's going thru self-feeding phase, i put his hand on the spoon. He seemed open to the idea, but wanted independence yet can't really control well.. In the end, the battle became such a mess and he decided not to eat. Then I put boiled carrot, sweet potato cubes and some chopped leafy greens in a bowl for him to feed himself (colorful right??? got green and orange), but he just glanced at the bowl and ignored it thereafter, didnt even attempt to play with his food. The saving grace was Gerber's star puffs. We inserted some in between or under the veggie cubes, and he would skillfully pick out ONLY the star puffs (peeling away any leafy veg stuck to the puffs) and feed himself just that. When we saw that we were like, warrao, so clever for the wrong reason.

Finally, we saw a Nutritionist at KK - I dunno lah, felt like a waste of time and money. Told me things i read online like, keep meals to 20 to 30min (he'd hv eaten only 1 baby bite biscuit lor), instead of forcing him to finish his food which may take us 1-1.5 hrs. She also told me to add 1 tsp of oil to all his meals, cos he could do with more calories, but doesnt help me 'cos he refuses food that requires spoon. At the same time, I was shocked that our 13month babies are supposed to be able to eat normal adult food, just maybe cut into smaller pieces. aiyoh, my little boy doesn't really chew unless it's a biscuit/bread leh...

In the end, I did keep to the 30 min of feeding, and because he may not have even started on his food then, I would just feed 120ml milk at the end of the 30 min to top up. Didn't feel right that our 13month old was being fed mainly milk for days. But all for our sanity's sake lah.

He became open to the spoon again just the last weekend, but still not finishing his usual portions. I think he's gradually getting over this phase. See how lah.. What gives me comfort is that he's otherwise an active and happy/cheeky boy. Really thanks for all your advice, Pomme, OP, Leobaby, PHyphy. And Aishite, thanks so much for that link too. Printed a couple of recipes for the maid.

Dear mummies, pls help to like this page if you wish to sell/buy 2nd hand baby items here. We need more likers in order for this platform to work. I believe most of you sell used items in forum before. This is just an another platform to serve buyers and sellers for this purpose. Please LIKE the page and read more http://www.facebook.com/2ndhandmarketplace

Thanks!!

Hihi,

ccpet > my boy (14 months today) is going through the fussy eating phase too!

Mine is another type of problem, he only wants to eat our flavorful table food. He's been eating adult food i.e. rice, soup, chopped meat and vege for about 2 months now. Porridge is a no-go already. Initially he was ok with the food we cooked separately for him (which is healthier cos' no oil, seasoning). Now even if we bland table food, he also don't want. He only wants fried rice, chicken rice, sweet sour fish etc

Stress leh, cannot everyday give him that kind of food. And the worse is, he always opens his mouth first but if he dun like, everything spit out. And since he screams if we make him sit in his highchair, there's food all over the house during his mealtimes.

Heya mummies!! I'm jus so excited to see these 2 posts abt meal problems cos i was jus abt to share the same headache here n seeking a solution! :p

My boy is oso coming 14mths old n of late, he's not been wanting to eat, feel restless in his high-chair n wanting to get out fm it, leaves food in his mouth for a long time n not chewing, etc. My mum is his caregiver n she's been helpless abt it. Is tis a growing phase (means he will grow out of it n love food again), signs of teething or he doesn't like the food he's given? Cos when we give him small n short meals like yoghurt, fruits, cakes or bread, he accepts it without forcing.

-_-""

erm.. hi gals ...any suggestions for easy foods that baby can self-feed with fork? i'm currently stuck at just bread and egg...

haiza - mine quite similar with urs...have been giving him food from our table...i think diff child diff...my boy die die wanna eat things that we eat...if we give him something he have not seen as eating or if we feed him 1st, he dun want...somemore he dun eat mashed food and porridge since 6mths...have been feeding him white/brown rice from then....think one way is to eat what they eat loh...

food can be flavourful but yet healthy too...can use maple syrup instead of sugar...i do that to bake muffins and pancakes for my boy...

if u cook, always go for better alternatives...

just some suggestion, hope it helps:

use maple syrup for sweetness.

use canola oil for cooking oil(olive oil is not healthier than canola oil, olive oil is due to its unique flavor)

if he likes flavourful food, u can search try spices too.

if giving adult food, try give at the parts where it has no/ least gravy and oily...

try slowly reduce the flavourful food.not to give a stop straight away...cos they need time to adapt back

i actually think fried rice can be full of goodness; like muffin, u can add many diff food inside so he can have many nutrients :D

JO:

Maybe he thinks snacks taste better? or maybe he likes to take short meal...cos kids attention span very short...my boy oso like that...feed him at table eat abt 1/4 bowl then dun want start fussing...after we finish our own food, he wanna eat again...u can try split his meal into 2...if he dun eat then let him rest a while before u continue the 2nd portion...

diamantz:

pancake? u can add lots of diff fruits in them :D...egg is one of the best food to work with...can make scramble egg with veggies and meat in it :D if u bake, u can try bake muffins.

i always get adult recipe and modify myself...cos my boy like to eat what we have...think u guys can try too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

CCpet,

Can feel the agony you are going thru. Don't stress yourself out. Pray for the Lord to show you what to do and for Him to grow interest for food in your boy's heart.

It is still ok for him to have mainly milk on certain days since it is still a key source of nutrients for our toddlers now. There is no hurry to get him to eat adult food if he doesn't want to since he has a lifetime to enjoy them.

I feel maybe he is still cautious about food since he was eating the same things previously. Give him time to realised that he is getting variety in his meals and he may open up slowly. Maybe try to change the enviroment like let him sit on the adult chair at meal times, with supervison of course.

My boy also keeps food in his mouth, so i will hand him a spoon to play and have the children songs playing to keep him entertain and distracted enuff to swallow his food. Sometimes they are just bored.

My boy sits on our dining chair during meals and nearing the end he will like come down from the chair to run around. We will let him and he will come back to us when he wants another bite. Once he refuse, we will end the meal.

Hi mommies! I have made a booking with Peek-A-Boo playground at Kallang Leisure Mall for a kids party on 17th Dec, Saturday, 10am

to 12pm. However, due to unforseen circumstances, we may not be able to hold the party anymore. I was wondering if anyone may like to take

over our reservation should we not be able to hold the party? We have made a $250 deposit for this date. This is the Saturday before Christmas so it'll be a great day and time to have a kids christmas party! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

http://www.peekaboo.com.sg/parties.php

Back