(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

Hello Mommies, thanks so much for your wisdom with all the eating ideas. Thank God we are over that no-spoon-feeding phase. But last few days, he didnt want to take milk, kena blood in urine and is now diagnosed with UTI. He still seems quite active tho, but like energizer bunny that SUDDENLY drops off to sleep when battery flat. Oh well, i guess kids are just ever-changing...

BTW, i'm still thinking of signing up for Julia Gabriel mandarin class. The group discount is still on, 20% off if 4 or more sign up. Is anyone interested? can PM me.. Thanks!

Thanks for your feedback. I think i will go for it in the nearby GP clinic. Don't want to run so far for it. I missed my appt cos it was schedule on the date that i am on course. Sizan.. don't feel like going.

CCpet

Glad Daniel is eating well now. Do give him lots of water on top of milk. Pray over him and lay hands and he shall be well in Jesus's name. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thanks for ur advise kristelle!

still faced with feeding challenges...well, jus hv to remind myself it's part n parcel of growing up :p

Mummies, i believe for some, ur kiddos r oredi wobbling around on their own. Mine's still learning to walk though. I'd like to find out, wat kind of shoes should they be wearing when they r wobbling at this stage? Have came across recommendations for both hard sole shoes (eg. COMBI) n soft shoes (Skidders?). Different advantages were quoted for both types. So which one exactly will be good for their growing feet?

;)

Hi All:

I have two girls, one born in Oct 2008 & the other in Sep 2010 and I'm FTHW & wd like to join this discussion group.

Jopp,

Bare foot is the best. She will learn to balance herself faster.

Or else let her wear the soft shoes (leather) when go out.

Wait til she is more sturdy and able to walk on her/his own then only change to hard sole. Both my girls are able to walk on their 1st Bithday.

Ccpet,

You may try my way, cook one big pot of chicken soup (上汤)& keep in Mothercare Small freezer pots (30ml/1oz) &(90ml/3oz) & freeze it.

Each meal I'll just use the soup to cook anything...or use it as base for noodle soup, it saves a lot of work.

INGREDIENT :

4 pkt x Chicken back bones (鸡骨)

(can get at Ntuc - display at halal section or wet market)

10 chicken feet

OR 1 whole chicken remove skin

2-4 pcs of ginger

2 stalks of Spring onion

Cooked for 2 hours, let it cool then keep in big Tupperware and keep it in fridge (normally I keep overnight), scoop out the oil (top white layer) and transfer to small freeze pot & freeze it.

Ps: I'll ask the maid keep the chicken meat & use it to cook for her nx meal.

Hi all the worried mommy,

Don't worry, it's just another phase, currently 14mths babies, they are more interested to walk & explore than eating their food. If u worried, just mixed some pediasure (vanilla) in their milk or with cereal, it will open up their appetite. Or feed them every 3 1/2 hour or 4 hrs instead of usual 3 hrs. I guarantee they will finish up all their food.

Breastfeeding Mummies I will be bring in BABY ONE breast milk Storage Bag

*Made in Korea

*Specifications BPA-Free

*zip lock seal (inner Double Zipper)

*Presterised

... ... *Self-standing

*Leak proof

*Can hold 200ml per bag

Selling @$17/= per box(80pc)

BUY 10 BOXES & GET 1 Box FREE!!!!

Free Normal Postage for order above $50

Normal Mail (Noted I might remove & flat the box so that the package can go into the letter box.)

1-2 Boxes : $3.00

3-4 Boxes : $4.00

Registered Post - Additional of $2.25 on top of the normal postage rates. Please note that I will not be responsible for any lost/damaged items via mail, so registered post is strongly encouraged.

Interested can PM me for preorder. There is an MOQ of 100 Boxes. If MOQ not reached... Will be cancelled n all will be refunded.Sorry for any incovenieue casued...

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/6376543.jpg]

Hello mommies,

Can I just ask if any of your babies ever have UTI and whether u hv gone ahead to do the MCU test? Can share your experience? Many thanks!

ccpet,

My #1 had UTI at ~7 months and PD recommended to test MCU as the level was very high. It was a horrendous experience! They didnt allow us to go inside the room; and we could hear her screaming her lungs out from the inside for about 20mins+. Me n my mum was crying outside, my dad kicked up a fuss insisting on letting one of us go in. It was really a terrible, heartwrenching time. If I had known it would be so traumatic (for her as well as us); I wouldn't have send her for the test, since she got UTI once only & ultrasound show that the tracts are ok. But at that time (and i guess lot of times) we were unsure of what is d best way to go about it and since PD highly recommended it to rule out any urinary reflex problem, so we went ahead with it. I guess if (touch wood); result wasn't favourable, I would have say a different thing (luckily we went for the test and detected it early)?

Is Daniel asked to go for MCU? Maybe you can seek another PD's opinion whether to go for it or not.

Starluster, thanks for sharing. D was already screaming with the Ultrasound although it wasn't even painful. Oh dear, will get 2nd opinion on the MCU. Tx a lot

Dear all,

I won a Loft Bed worth $1,700 from Casakidi from Baby Baby Exhition Grand Lucky Draw (https://www.facebook.com/babybabysingapore) on 4 Dec 2011.

I need to let go this item, because:

1. I am staying with my in laws, and there are space constraints

2. My new born (coming out next Jan) won't be able to use it for short and mid-term.

If you are interested in the loft bed,

1. You may request for different color / design, and may also purchase additional complimentary items such as slide. You may choose either white color or the natural color COTTAGE bed frame with loft kit and stairs. The tents colors are available in pink, purple, blue and tree top.

2. You need to pay $50 for the delivery charge.

The link is as follows: http://online.casakidi.com/private/index.php/onlineShop/catalogue/item/view/c1fe221c747c13bdee956ac0c7fef762/

You may also visit the warehouse showroom at 23, Tampines Street 92 to see all the possible combination for the loft bed.

The salesman told me this is a popular model, which they can sell at least 4 pieces every weekend. I am thinking of letting go at $1400 ($300 Discount). Do contact me at [email protected] if you wish to find out more or negotiate.

ccpet,

my girl has UTI when she was 7 months old also, did the US and was waiting for the MCU when i rejected the procedure just before they start to prep cos i was annoyed that they wanted to sedate her and they didn't inform me beforehand, i went back to PD and ask her again if it's compulsory. She told us that we have to monitor the cause of her high fever if she gets it again and if she gets it once more she must go for it. So far so good, no more UTI (touchwood).

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all Sept 2010 mummies! :D

I believe all of us are now soooo busy chasing after our little ones! Keke!

For those of you who have installed safety gates, may i seek your advise as to which brand is recommended? Lucky Baby? Lindam? Ikea?

And are plastic ones or metal ones better?

I'm thinking of installing one at the kitchen entrance.

TIA!

Hi mommies!

Long time no "see"! And happy new year to all! This place is rather quiet, it seems.

I just got back from Royal Caribbean cruise with the family and it was pretty cool! Great and easy with the lil ones, and plenty of yummy food and friendly staff!

Any one sending kiddy to playgroup/classes yet? We're trying out a Saturday parent-toddler playgroup this wkend. Following my #1's schedule, Megon shld be attending a playgroup for abt a yr before she starts pre-N in a Kindy in 2013.

Time flies man! Hv to register her for Kindy this Feb/Mar! It seems like yesday when she was just born! And it's been 16 months! The only thing that hasn't changed abt her is that she's still v much a wailer. Cry cry cry. Hahaha!

Cheers to all!

Hi Jaime,

Mine sings and babbles a lot but is quieter when with strangers (that's when I can hv some peace).

She sings the National Anthem (from watching tv too early in d morning!), bible songs and other nursery songs.

Then again, my elder boy, at 18m was hardly babbling nor singing. So I've seen both extremes of babbling early and late. So not too be too anxious if the kiddy is not babbling much. Now, I need to get my boy to stop talking and keep quiet all the time. So I do appreciate those years when he was quieter. Haha!

Keep talking and singing to the kiddy. I sing a lot to my elder boy when he was a bb. Then one fine day when he was close to 2yr, he was suddenly able to sing those songs too, tho I haven't been singing to him for a long time!

Hi optimus prime

wow! your girl sings! envious!

mine whenever teach her to talk she will look at me then turn away dun want to learn dun want to talk. actually can only say papa and mama that's all so so afraid she have development speech delay and pd goanna send her for some therapy which not sure really needed or not. aigh..

i wish the day will come sooner where my girl babbles and sings non-stop and then start complaining so noisy keke.. then secretly happy. haha..

so uplifting to hear your boy's case, i gotta maintain my chatter box style to stimulate her. so tiring at times cos no results seen after all the hard work.. hur hur..

Hi Jaime,

My cousin (abt 8yr younger than me) didn't start talking till ard 3. My aunt was so worried that he is verbally challenged and brought him to see GP when he was nearly 3. But GP said not to worry n my cousin started talking soon after. Strange.

My girl parrots after us quite a bit but my elder boy, when younger, almost never parrot.

Every kid is different. My girl is a much slower walker compared to my boy.

Hi Optimus Prime

my pd since my last visit says if my girl still doesnt talk simple words then have to send her for some speech devt therapy, and this start all my worries..

thanx for your advice and experience sharing.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Regarding talking,

We need to worry more if they don talk after 3.

My elder gal also don talk much till when she reach 3.

For now,u just have to encourage ur kid to parrot talk. Ask them to repeat wat u say.

Hi,

My daughter is born In oct 2010 (19mths) I am looking for a photogenic boy to do a diaper shoot ( huggies jeans) to partner my girl. this is a personal project of mine.

Interested Parties please email ur bb photo to [email protected] thks!

Dear Mummies,

My girl will be ready for school next Jan..

Any recommendations for gd nursery schs ?

Around East Side (Simei/Tampines)??

Where you guys sending children to ?

so far any of your toddler (born 2010) is attending school now? my boy is 21 months but slow in speech.. but he understands simple instructions and i am only sending him to preschool nursery next year when he is 30 months.. a lot of my mummy friends urge me to send my boy to school now as he can learn more.. what are your views?

anyone staying in teban area??

Hi rachoho,

Slow in speech like in what sense? He'd already saying some words?

I remembered my boy, at ard 21 mths, wasn't speaking much either. Tho he could understand us. Back then, he attended parents accompanied playgroup once a week when he was 18mth old. He started talking a bit more after he turned 2. I wasn't all that concerned back then cos i do not know any other kids his age for comparison. Hahaha. Anyway, he started pre-N when he was 2yr 4mth.

If I hv my girl before my boy, I might be a bit worried now. Cos at 21mth, she's already asking the W-H-Y qn when we say no to her sometimes. She cld also hv pick it up from my boy who also always ask WHY. So I think hvg an older sibling who chatters a lot and plays with her made a diff too. I was telling my HB this morning that it is also her survival instinct that made her speak earlier. Else she'd be forgotten by everyone else with her bro being such a chatterbox and attention grabber. My PD says girls -generally- develop faster. I guess he's right...

Do u hv those kiddy karaoke DVDs? I think the kiddies will enjoy it and may be encouraged to sing. So that helps with speech too. Try it! My girl learns her Chinese songs from watching these DVDs. That exposes her to the mother tongue too, cos we tend to speak more English at home.

he's only saying go, o, car and calls ah ye, mama and gong so far.. but depends on mood too..

but he understand instructions like kiss mummy, hold my hand, come here, give me your bottle etc.. can't help but fear is it normal or autism.. but he deifinitely is very good with the ipad!

so i am not sure if i should really send him to cc soon because a lot of mummies say they really learn very fast from cc.. but i'm afraid of the always getting sick part.. but then again a lot mummies says its part and parcel of building up their immunity.. but i really can't bear my son to stay in cc for like 8 hours/day?

sighs..

Hi rachocho,

I think his dev shld be fine based on my exp with my boy. If you dont wanna put him in full day cc, try half day? Or those 3hr playgroup?

My boy started playgroup at 2yr 4mth and i thought it was good for his socializing, learning and independence. Yes, he fell sick every now and then but nothing too worrying.

Hi... May I chk with e mummies here if your 22 mths old is stil taking 2 naps? Mine is stil taking 2 naps, 1 at abt 11+am n the other at 3+pm... Is it normal to be stil taking 2 naps as she is turning 2 soon? Hope that e mummies here can share more with me, Thks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi sunshines11, yes my boy's still taking 2 naps. He's not in any playgrp nor CC...at home wif my mum. So he takes a nap at 10am and another later in the afternoon. Though sometimes, he doesn't take the afternoon one at all, if he took a nap closer to noon.

Well, i'm not sure if it's 'good idea' still for them to b taking 2 naps, as been told by some friends dat we need to start prepping them for 'school routine'. :p Means, if he's attending 3hrly morning playgrp, he won't be able to nap in the morning unlike now. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

1.8kg blue Gain IQ

Manufacturded in Ireland

Imported by Malaysia

Distributed by Jin Tai Tong Chinese Medicine Shop(medical hall in Tampines mart)

Expiary date: Mar 2013

Letting go at $45

Collection at tampines on sunday afternoon near tampines JC, toa payoh MRT, novena MRT or orchard MRT during lunch time.

PM me if interested.

hi there,

Any 1 planning for a meet up ?

we can have tea while our kids can have fun with the cakes ?

I would like to suggest MBS as the location to meet

Dear all,

Need advise!

My gal not drink her formula milk (FM) about 1 month already. May i know at this age, is it ok without any FM? Thx

Back