(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

mummyliang, thanks! todae was the 1st attempt and she seems to accept it, as in lean forward and open her mouth for more. of course, still unable to swallow properly as it dribbles out of the mouth. but hor, she no poo todae (normally poo 3-4 times per day)...dunno izit too "heaty". must give her water? all this while, she is on total bm and no water. the cereal i oso mix in bm.

Sugar - truth be told. I have not introduced solid to my dd yet so I'm just sharing with you what I read. =) Yes you can give water but not too much especially if her milk intake is fully ebm (?). Also, barley/barley water is good for constipation. =)

Ange

I give pearl barley purée but stop now as he is unwell . Not sure if they can take everyday as barley is consider liang.

Sugar

U can give water not more than 2oz a day.

I agree with ur ang, that's y my name is still not on the list for photoshoot

Apple - yo babe... welcome back to sunny singapore... Alison is in Aussie, Shufen move house.. once all the dust settles, lets meet up!!! =)

sugar - Germaine on total BM also.. her cereal all mixed with BM.. so far she's been on baby rice, oatmeal and barley cereal.. puree - spinach, broccoli, carrot and butternut pumpkin.. and from 4-5 times of poop a day, it's been reduced to 1 poop a day.. but ydae, she didn't pop... i give her water throughout the day, and like what phyphy mentioned, no more than 2oz a day... i will let her sip constantly throughout the day...

phyphy - i just realised that u were same class as Cynthia (Hui Shi).. not sure if u still remember her, she was from band.. and this also means that when i was in Sec 1 and 2, we shared the same classroom... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i will be taking 1 year old photos for my girl around July, Aug period... photographer Cottony Photography... she was the one who did my girl's 14 days old photoshoot... anyone interested?? if so, i can help negotiate for a better package... but i will only email her probably in May ba... anyone interested, PM me ba...

babymaine:

How many portions of solids does Germaine eats a day? Mine still at stage one..at IFC finishes her cereals, at home refuse..she does not like carrot so started her on pumkin,hope she likes it..is broccoli recommended? tot more for older bb..what kind of spinanch u use? baby spinach (ang mo type) or the usual chinese spinach the green vs the green/red?

Phyphy: what is the nutritious value of barley rice? reading this chinese book on weaning..they talk about the diff constitutions of the bb..i know bb cold type then barley might not be gd..

Aries mum - 2 portions.. her typical feed is like this..

when she wakes up (either 6 plus or 7 plus)- 150mL BM

10 plus - 40mL BM mixed with 3 scoops of cereal + 100mL BM

1 plus - 150mL BM

4 plus/ 5 plus - 1 baby cube of puree + 100mL BM

8 plus - 150mL BM

broccoli - causes gas.. i only give her to "clear" the veggie of allergies...

spinach - organic spinach seems like all is chinese de ba... green de...

ok, lets look at 2nd April and 3rd April ? :)

pls indicate ur names, max 3 families per slot

The available days and time slots

(Maximum up to 3 families per time slot)

2 April 2011 Saturday

10am

11am

12pm

1pm

2pm

3pm

4pm

5pm

3 April 2011 Sunday

10am

11am

12pm

1pm Yvonne, Baby Maine

2pm hushlilbb, shinchan

3pm (Weiting, Windy and Badfifi)

4pm (Adelynn, Chrissy ? and

5pm

Yvonne - the one we bought same ar?? anyway it looks like kang kong.. and the packaging put "yin choy".. so is chinese or ang moh one??

babymaine

Why no more than 2oz a day of water a day?

My bb show sign of coughing since Saturday, suspect is due to cereal (heaty? and not drinking water).

Yvonne - OIC.. thanks for informing...

Sab - water = empty calories.. plus it's only for quenching of thirst, not to make them feel full...

Hai,

My boy still rejecting water, but i realise one way he will drink..i make him lie down conmfortably..then i use spoon to feed him..he got no way to push the water out..then he drink abit..but this way i scare will choke him..

Sab - about 50mL, sometimes more depending on weather also... carrot puree is just steam and blend.. then the water from steaming if u feel too much then just pour some away before blending.. then when feeding if too dry, just add milk...

BabyMaine

Thanks. I try again, made carrot puree on Sunday. I boiled the baby carrot for 15 min and hubby helped to belnd, but the texture not smooth, he kept blending, but not like those fb pic of yours and Yvone.

Bb respond was not good, she kept giving us the yuck face. She likes cereal better.

BabyMaine

And oh, we bought the rocker after alot alot of thinking, and we are more convince after your sharing. Is easier to feed her on the rocker than the walker. We feed her milk on the rocker too. Both works well. Hope this investment will last as long as possible. We have no plan for high chair. maybe when she older can sit on herself, then buy those non cushion type (cheaper).

Sab,

other than wat babymaine has suggested, I think it is better that u monitor charlotte's poo in order to determine how much water to give her. Denise's stool turns rather dry if she takes less than 60ml a day. So I guess the amt of water depends on bb since every bb is unique. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning!

Carrot puree

Sab- U using normal or baby carrots? If normal, did u scrape off the outer layer/skin? Scrape for the puree to be smooth.

Badfifi- Read that u found this luna luna seller selling the fisher price jumperoo cheaper. Did u manage to view their facebook? They really selling brand new one at $120? I can't find and view their facebook page leh

Sab - i'm very against feeding on walker, exersaucer blah blah blah.. cos i want maine to cultivate the habit of eat = eat.. not eat = play if feeding is done in exersaucer.. plus i want her to focus on eating, so even the tv is off.. that time my ang ask why must buy high chair, why cannot feed in exersaucer.. then i asked him, restaurant got exersaucer?? and also, it's better to start teaching them good table manners from young... probably cos i was brought up this way, so i want Germaine to be the same... i bought the ikea high chair le.. that's another God sent.. cheap and good...

and the puree consistency depends on how much water u use to blend.. and also, as per book and PDs, it's better to steam than boil, cos boil wise all the nutrients will be gone to the water (and that's alot).. whereas when u steam, the water is still collected.. then u can just "pour" the water into another bowl and add as u blend.. that's one way to manage the consistency...

mummyliang: u can feed her on rocker/ bouncer

Sab: if so, can sieve if needed. But i didnt when i puree carrots. perhaps u din boil long enough? do steam as what babymaine mentioned.

Thanks Yvonne. May I know which rocker did you get for your bb? How long will the rocker last? Not sure if I should get it for her when she's almost 6 months already.. please advise.

ANybody know which vege/fruit combines well with barley? Thanks

Thx, phyphy n babymaine.

Babymaine, I saw Fr fb u oredi tried a lot of Purée Liao. V expert! When u started on cereal, how much u give to Germaine? All e while u got give water or oni upon weaning?

Luna Luna fisherprice jumper. Can anyone share wif me the link? Thanks

sugarong - huh.. expert?? bu gan dang.. we are all mummies here to learn.. read books and share info with mummies... Yvonne also tried lots of puree too... copied this from my FB... and water yup given only when i started her on oatmeal cereal...

- Germaine starts her first taste of baby rice on 31 Jan 2011 @ 21 weeks and 5 days old...

- Germaine starts her first taste of wholegrain oatmeal cereal on 09 Feb 2011 @ 23 weeks and 0 days old...

- Germaine starts her first taste of baby bites on 11 Feb 2011 @ 23 weeks and 2 days old...

- Germaine starts her first taste of barley cereal on 14 Feb 2011 @ 23 weeks and 5 days old...

- Germaine starts her first taste of spinach puree on 20 Feb 2011 @ 24 weeks and 4 days old...

- Germaine starts her first taste of carrot puree on 23 Feb 2011 @ 25 weeks and 0 days old...

- Germaine starts her first taste of broccoli puree on 26 Feb 2011 @ 25 weeks and 3 days old...

- Germaine starts her first taste of butternut pumpkin puree on 04 Mar 2011 @ 26 weeks and 2 days old...

i got the jumperoo at home (given to me by fren), but i think is not worth the $ to spend, just my tots[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. BB just jump jump jump, tired then want to be carried out.

can i ask why is the water from steaming carrot, spinach must be thrown away? I know it got nitrate, but after we blend, and if I add water to make the puree more watery, isn't it the same?

hello!

any gathering in the east??? hehe.

anw...i finally got my act together and started my boy on semi solids today...and i think over-enthu! I gave 3 times in one day!!! two diff foods too. HEHEEH

Healthy times organic brown rice cereal - 2 times (mixed w ebm) and he slurped it up both times! abt 20 ml each feed, a bit sticky.

In-between i gaave him boiled carrot chunk to just mash about. he cannot quite grip it and shove into mouth so smashed against his tray, and tried to suck up from tray. hehe.

OKAY....question:

1. When to upgrade to how much cereal???

This my second bb, but i still blur lor since this bb is VERY diffeent fom my first who stuck his tongue out at first taste of rice cereal. This fella just LOVES to eat.

POO

hmm my first boy when he started on rice cereal, his poo pattern changed. i suspect it was cos of rice then. giving more water apparently doesn't help. BUT u can give diluted prune juice or apple juice.

MummyLiang: baby bites aer baby biscuits. can buy from NTUC. but u might like to know it has added salt and sugar. and it's made in china. a few years back , it was stopped by sg gov for some tainted product batch. but since then, been reintro back to mkt. no probs thus far.

ORGANIC FOOD FOR BB? Waste money ? Or better?

I give organic whenver I can afford (read: on offer or i feel generous). Other times, i give normal. (Cos i believe must also let their bodies get used to toxins).

But i tend to give ORGANIC for milk/dairy products as well as cereal and meat (when I can find). Milk and dairy like cheese cos i'm concerned about hormones in feed etc.

Hi all,

Was back from a long road trip and still a lot of things to keep me bz. Especially this week. So many ppl want to see me.

Ikea high chair is definately all thumbs up as after HR sat he can sit very stable on his own liao. ocassionally still lose cg balance and its only $25 for the chair and $9 for the table.

hi,

i have the following(400grams) to exchange to enfapro

1)nan 2 pro (expire 30/4/2012)

2)simlac 2 (expire 09/05/2012)

3)dumex mamil stage 2(expire 17/08/2012)

if interested,please pm me

Hi Mummies,

Am from the May thread. sorry to interrupt your flow of convo.

If you mummies have Dumex Mamil gold stage 2 tins. 400g. Willing to let go at $10 and collection at East side, do PM me or email at [email protected]

Thanks!

Hi Mummies, I m a sept mum too... Have been folliwing e thread, but hardly post [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

May I know if there is any mothercare member here who is willing to share with me their contact no as I understand that they recognise by hp no? Pse PM me if poss, thks in advance [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi all,

Got time to log in a leave a message today :p Just finished a shoot this afternoon at Sentosa, proofing the images now[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Thankfully the sun was out today and baby E is just a great baby to work with [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]))

Pinkyluv: Heh, april is good! Lets plan something [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] By then they will be 7 months + [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

On weaning! Have been meaning to share this but just didn't get round to it so here it is [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I created it when I started weaning my elder daughter.

Not updated for a long time! but there are heaps of recipes and tips in there.. helped quite a few mummies then :p

Weaning Tips (Got meal planners, things to avoid, things to try, age to try etc)

http://meetscarlett.blogspot.com/

Yummy Recipes (Asian Style, Western Style, Mix Style, Basics)

http://meetscarlett.xanga.com/

So far so good! I have started Scott on the 3 day rule for a month now, adjusting his routine according to gina ford. No allergies yet. He is learning to chew and keep food in his mouth as well as getting used to wooden, metal, silicon spoons. Sprouted 2 bottom jaw front teeth and can gnaw at carrot sticks and bread sticks. Soups still spill all over.. lol He is 6 months, 3 weeks!

(Puree) - Tried butternut squash, sweet potatoes, avocado, pumpkin, carrots, Japanese purple and red potatoes, vegetable stock (onions and corn), pears, apples, brown rice, calrose rice, oats, barley.

Will be starting animal & plant proteins next week starting with kurau fish, japanese anchovies, tofu, lean mince pork, cod, egg yoke, chicken [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

just wanna share, My bb officially 6 mths already :D

Feeding him heinz organic biscotti as his finger food on the go when i bring him out...my bb love it better than other food he eats...and the diff between end of 5th mth and start of 6mth (just 1 day diff...) my bb could not chew on the biscotti on the last day of 5mth, i had to crush it for him...but started chewing today @.@

chewy, pomme, and pinkyluv: u guys register at yew tee already?

hihi ladies

hav not been following the posts cos having quite a lot of working events to manage..so busy tat i now run instead of walk when i m in office

regarding yew teee bb show, kristelle and chewy..24 april..i hav yet to register, but def going to register b4 deadline

pomme..hav u

letty

great hehe..can it be a monday in april ..i will take leave..any mrt near ur hse

Letty/Pinkyluv, if it's April 11, i can join too. On leave and i am thinking of bringing Khloe to office in Tamp too for visit.

Just nice~

Sab: Yes, me and babymaine use avent blender cum steamer

tracey: u throw away only the excess. as in u will pour out the water on a bowl first. then not smooth enough, u add some of the water in..

tinklestars

hehe, sounds great if letty ok [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] never meet u b4

Hi mummies, my baby seems to be a bit constipated eversince I started her on puree (that's on top of her non-pooing for at least 3 days when she was solely on milk). I see that some mummies give prune juice. May I know where can I get them? Or do I have to make the juice myself? So far I have given my baby Heinz apple and pear juice once a week.

JTS, instead of buying the jumperoo, actually can just rent at some websites as it's cheap and you do not need to worry about storage. I did not rent the jumperoo as someone gave one to me, but I rented an exersaucer set from www.mygrowingtoys.com. I kind of like their service and the exersaucer set was very clean when I received it.

Back