(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

Hi ladies,

I am so happy, managed to convince hubby at the last mintue to go the motherhood fair. Cos i threaten to go myself if he is not going, though i got to promise him that we are zooming in on items we need.

Though he is still grumbling cos we took public transport back and forth and travelling time is total of 2 hrs 45 mins.

Here's my buys.

-3 pkt of Sealer diapers (1NB and 2S) at $25 = 17.8cent per pc

-EQ baby wipes 5 for $10 (very good quality for the price thanks to Mag for the recommendation)

-Ergo organic baby carrier @$179 (main reason i was there)

-Mumsfairy diaper bag organiser large @ $24.65

Free motherhood magazine

Took me less than 45mins to get in and out of the fair.

pinkyluv> the shepherd's pie not bad! i called them and said i'll go pick-up. so after they got my order, they popped the pie in the oven and it was ready abt 15 mins later! hee.

shinchan> i'm glad you found the sheares playpen! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so was it with or without the mattress for $69? (sorry, i still can't believe their special promo price and normal price only diff by $1 if you get the mattress!)

babyT> my room no space, so isaac's room is next door and it really does look like a pigsty! :p

Saw the blue egg milk bags at the same booth as the ergo baby carrier.

Non thermal indicator $9.50 for a pkt of 25

Thermal indicator $12.50 for pkt of 25.

Still quite ex compared to Lansinho milk bags spree online at $18 per pkt of 50. Buy two pkts at $17.50 each. Both got self sealing but lansinho have the easy pour opening and also the place to write date is above ziploc place (outside milk zone to prevent any ink cross contamination)

pomme> wah so efficient!!! in the end, we opted for the sports range for ergo, though i was also considering the organic cotton...

Badfifi,

Yes it is one of my most efficient shopping trips liao. Din even divert to see poney or carter. But hubby still grumble cos 2hrs 45 mins travel time x 2 only to buy that few things in 45 mins. But we couldn't carry anything more anyway.

So what's the diff in the sports range and organic cotton? Din stop to think much just zoom in and say "i want to buy organic cotton ergo carrier, how much?"

I am very bo liao, so i did a price comparison of Mamy poko diapers for various outlets selling them and post at our facebook group discussion board. See here: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=34580&post=245848&uid=284057001127#post245848

Just so that mummies knows a good bargain when she see another sales advert next time by NTUC, Watsons, Guardian or website.

pomme> i wanted to sms you or something this morning, but don't have your contact! cos after midnight last night, my husband and i decided to cheong in and out of the babyfair for the ergo carrier and the diapers. then i thought of you and wanted to ask if you wanted a lift, but no contact...sigh... maybe you can send me a FB msg with your no. so next time something like this crops up, we're prepared.

anyway, for ergo, the sports range is 35% cotton and 65% polyester. we were deliberating between the 2, but the sports range has a black one, and my husband preferred the design (it's a tad slimmer) so we got that. turns out it was cheaper too, so that made me happy :p

abt carter rompers, i picked up 2 more sets for 9-mth old boy today (cos the stock was all quite neat and no one was browsing yet. on thursday, it was SURROUNDED!) so if you need, i may be able to pass at least 1 set (5 bodysuits) over to you.

i also picked up sealer diapers... when we left the fair, i was machiam the trolley, arms very full with stuff, and with my husband pushing me...

badfifi

shinchan helped me get the playpen, i dun need the matress..so it is $69 with no mattress

raeson being my previous playpen got a big hole with my boy's itchy fingers poking them when he was inside last time..so we got to get a new one

mattress already have

Badfifi

ur shepherd pie make me drool liao

pinkyluv> you can just pick it up and drive back home to eat. that's what i did! cos they don't deliver to our part of the island i think, unless extra charge... hee, i'm heating the rest up for dinner

here's the website of the retailer who sold ergo carriers at the babyfair: http://www.advanology.com.sg/

they are also sole authorised distributor for blue egg milk bags and weestep shoes. the guy who was there today was quite nice. he's a father himself, so he can give practical opinions etc, which was good for us cos 1st-time parents, swaku! :p

Wow my trip to Motherhood Fair was super long. Reach there at 2pm, left at 8pm. Very tired, one dinner done, I KO striaght away. Didn't even have energy to unpack - left everything in the living room. Today, HB wanted to bring me go JB but I was still very tired.

Here's the list of items I have purchase.

1) Shear Baby Cot - $169 (Deposit $50)

2) Rocking Chair/Toy - $15 (Nephew's toy)

3) Parklon Play Mat - $140 (M-size, Pooh Design)

4) EQ Wet Wipes - $40 (30x = 1 carton)

5) Huggies NB 24s Diaper - $32.50 (FOC Diaper Bag)

6) Nepier NB 60s Diaper - $12 (2x FOC)

7) Palmer Products - $53.30 (Leg Relief-$13.50,Baby Set-$19.90:BB Cream, Lotion,Scar Scream-$19.90)

8) Sign-up CordLife - 21yrs plan

9) Motherhood 1yr subscription - $50 (1 goodie bag)

Hi Mummies.. Having some spare avent bottles (NOT BPA FREE) and thingys wanted to sell them away. Selling cheaper then market prices as i hope to sell them all to 1 person for convenient.

1. 4 x 125ml Avent bottles : $5.00 each

(U.P $17.20 in Twins pack)

Total: $20.00 for all 4bottles

Brand New (Not in boxes as they are from

different hampers from baby shower)

2. 6 x 260ml Avent bottles : $18.00 per pair

(U.P $25++ in Twins pack)

Total: $54.00 for all 6bottles

Brand New in SEALED boxes

3. 1 x Small Size Dryers Diapers (64pcs)

: $10.00 (U.P $14.00)

Brand New (Sealed)

4. 2 x 200ml Wide Neck Pigeons Bottles

: $7.50 each (U.P $9.50each)

Total: $15.00 foR 2bottles

Brand New in SEALED boxes

Everything for just $99.00!! Self Collect at Tiong Bahru Mrt! =D

If interested pls kindly drop me a email at : [email protected]

Pls kindly leave me your name and contact number for me to contact u thru sms! Thank you.

wow...so many good buys!

pomme: which design did you buy? and did you get the saliva pads too? those really come in handy when they are about 4-5mths old when they like to suck on stuff.

badfifi: u got the bedok pie? yummies....how much was the ergo sport?

babyT: haha...my house also super garang guni. so what colour capella did u get?

tracey: wah...yeah..you have a lot of NB diapers! hopefully your bb is not bigger-sized so u can use them all. hehe.

ERGO

hehe. looks lots of us here are Ergo fans now! btw, were they selling the infant insert on discounted price?

BLUE EGGS

there was someone here earlier who posted a link to blue egg bags. 8.50 for 25 pcs.

MILK STORAGE

oh. actually if u are considering those BBcubes for storing pureed foods, can use those to store EBM too! that's what i just realised as i was thinking through all my bb stuff to prep for the bb.

sarahmay> ergo sport was 139. infant insert was 45 (is that discounted? i dunno). what saliva pads are you referring to?

Badfifi,

THanks for your offer. Will PM you my HP so next time we can chiong buys at the next fair. Anyway, i only managed to convince my hubby to go at about 12.30pm. That time also don't know when we can leave the house for expo.

Thanks for offering me the carter rompers, i have got enuff hand me downs to last for a while. No more space to stuff the buys, esp diapers. Both cupboards and storeroom are bursting at the seams. Just bought some IKEA storage boxes to put my buys.

Tigerlily,

YOu got enuff wipes to last 6mths. YOu got the one with the cover or the smaller one?I only got 5 pkts, not sure how long can that last. I also have 6 packs of pigeon wipes.Still going JB?? MOre bb shopping?

SarahMay,

What's saliva pads? I don't see them offering this leh. I only got the organic cotton carrier. Din buy the insert as it cost another $65 bucks (same as price at The First Few Years). Seem like no discount for the insert. I will leave it to my friends to buy for me at 1st mth celebration.

Sarah - I bought the red one... Red is unisex colour... So number 2 boy also can use... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

badfifi, so u eventually went to the fair again? glad u gotten ur sealers [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] cos as the fair starts to come to an end, chances of my returning there is slimmer... i suaku, where is the place in bedok selling shepard's pie? nice ah?

BabyT, dun worry, my house oso in a big mess, esp guest room, which is now half dumped with all the baby loot, and growing in vol!....just short of taking photo to show to my bb that her stuff was sooooo much even before she's born....

Pomme, u v chop chop lei! for mi, i sure take own sweet time de...*salute*

TigerLily, wow, 1 carton is a lot! can last u quite a while.....hee...good buy...

Nepia diapers - todae only $12 nia??????? was $14 when i was there on thur...lucky neber buy then...

pomme> it is easier to just send me a msg on FB...my PM is a bit siao siao :p just look for carolyn on FB, you're under my friends' list...

so many mummies went to the fair already. I have not yet been there. Hopefully tmr after my niece's 1st birthday I can make a trip over.

Today I burnt myself when making cookies, the piping hot tray... I also don't know what happen... I was taking out the cookie tray and putting on top of the stove for cooling, before I could put it on the stove, it fell and hit the cupboard and the side base landed on my arm. Oh my... I can see the skin "moving together", quickly went to put toothpaste and now a brown long burnt mark on my hand... Worst still the brown skin tear at the corner and is painful when I bath. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I went to the bb fair today, was quite surprised that it is not as crowded as i wld have expected. My main purchases today include pigeon steriliser, mattress for cot and blue egg milk bags. The pigeon steriliser set comes with milk bottles but the blur blur me forgot to ask if they are BPA-free... haiz.

Btw, the booth that sells blue egg milk bag do sell Desitin Creamy (Purple colour) at $12+. Slightly more ex than online but suitable for mummies who dun wanna buy online.

Wanted to buy the bumper mat but hb say no cos we have no storage space now. No choice lor, will get from BP later. Confirm with the saleslady that there is no price diff from BP, jus that some of the designs they only carry at expo but not BP. They carry more pre-order designs for BP.

badfifi,

Thanks for giving me the directions to Shears.. Nice talking to you but unfortunately we have no yuan to bump into one another.. :p

Pinkyluv,

No worries lar, it is not much of a trouble since I'm there oso mah. Actually the playpen is cash & carry but i requested for collection at bishan, hope u have no problem with collection. The man said u can call anytime next week.

nepia

$12? Should have go down on today instead.

Karen

it must be very painful.take care

tigerlily

1carton? Did the sales person give u free sample of the sealer diaper for newborn?

Sure can last u for a long time.

Sry,blur me forgot to save ur contact that day, mind sending me ur hp through pm.sry

shinchan> no worries lah, we must help one another mah! yah, sad that we didn't meet. hehe, it may not have been as crowded as you expected, but already, it was over my threshold liao! so i was over at the john little sale, which was soooOOO empty lah! but found nothing much to buy...sian.

phyphy> not too late, can always go today :p just run in and run out since you already know where the nepia booth is (extreme right lane). and wah you wake up so early on weekends!!!

tigerlily> heh, i thought for wet tissues, i already bought a lot! :p but your nepia diapers is a good deal! i bought sealer diapers too. together with the mamy poko ah, i think i have enough not to buy diapers again! cos i wanna switch to nappies for day after 1st 6-8 weeks and then toilet-train very early :p

badfifi

cant buy anymore diaper.i will be using cloth nappy mostly when at hm n use diaper only when going out for the 1st month.

Playpen

today got another brand call mom n bebe(if i rember correctly),going for $69.not sure got mattress or not.

Just to chk for playpen mattress ,do u all put on the top layer or the bottom layer?

badfifi

i got a human alarm clock sleeping beside me(my gal).

Diaper,cant stock up the nb one liao,i only like nepia nb.don like the s size.i will normally use nappy at hm the 1st mth.only go out then use diaper.

Playpen

today got offer from mom n bebe(hope i rember the name correctly. Going at $69 not sure got mattress or not.

For mattress,how much they selling?my gal time she sleep on the playpen board

For the mattress,u gals going to put on the top layer or bottom layer?

phyphy,

Me oso got a human alarm clock inside me too. I woke up at 5.30am, read the paper - today's ad shows that the Shears BB cot I brought is going aty $136 ($30 off) for first 100customer after 2pm. Wow. Some more discount. Wasted I already brought mine.

EQ Wet Wipes - I brought the small packing cos' easier to carry. My hb says buy 1 carton so won't be out of stk. Ya. I think can last me for 6mths ba. I oso have 4pkts of Pigeon Wet Wipes so sure enf de.

Diaper - I only buy NB leh. Silly me forgot to buy S size wor. Is Sealer same of similar to Mommy Poko. Ya, Mommy Poko not there that's why I fogotten to buy the S size. Tot of going after lunch to buy cos' hb going to friend's BB full mth party - he says I cannot go cos' will 'cheong tao'.

Ergo BB carrier - I so tempted to buy the Organic one leh. If I get to go later, sure go check it out.

shears baby cot @ $136 todae? wow .... seems like they slash price towards the end of the fair....

phyphy, saw the play pen gg for 69 (moms and babes) on thur too (they says "1st 50 customers" too)....IIRC, its excluding mattress...

hi ladies, the moms & babes playpen.. is it good? Was thinking to get my friend to help me to go get it.. as really don't want to wait for husband to "order online" as god knows when he would do it ..

I have also bought the sheares playpen, but i bought it at metro at $99. Those who bought it at the fair, where are u all going to purchase the mattress sheets, need to get the exact size for the mattress.

i forgot to get the pigeon breasts pad at the fair, but is it useful?

tracey,

pigeon breastpad - review says is one of the best. absorb well. taka & isetan selling at same price $13.90 for 60+12pcs. No need to travel all the way there just to get this item.

sarahmay, phyphy, sugarong,

Thanks for the concern. Only the expose skin feels pain. my ah lao so blur.. yesterday he saw the toothpaste on my hand he thought I paste some plaster then ignore me, even I wash it away the brown skin he saw he also ignore me. Till this morning I complain that he is not concern abt me. Hai... man... bo chap!

I want to go EXPO later!!! Hopefully I can go. hehehehe....

Hi mummies, I have a brand new box (50 pcs) of Avent Disposable BreastPads for sale at $10 only, UP is $17. Collection at Yew Tee or Raffles Place/cityhall during lunch hrs.

pls pm if keen or sms 92375402

i oso heard from my frens that pigeon breastpads are the best cos big and very absorbent.

Lucky me, just checked my pigeon bottles and they are all BPA-free.. phew!

Badfifi,

U are very well-planned hor, now alrdy think of when to toilet-trained.. hehe.. I was jus discussing abt some full-mth celebration thingy with hb this morning and alrdy kena "scolded" for being kiasu.. haha..

tigerlily: yes yes pigeon breastpads really the best. though my friend told me gerber is good but so ex so i nvr tried. but i tried avent reusable and disposables ...lousy. oh! thanks for infor on pigeon breastpads.

mag; i went online and researched lilypads. found reviews and apparently women who leak lots will not really find it useful cos milk will still pool. one lady was like tt and she contacted company. company also said, women who leak a lot may not find product suitable. so i'm not buying it.

badfifi: i'm sooo impressed! u already want to cloth diaper and train from 8 wks on! generally boys take longer to toilet train than girls cos their muscle control takes longer time to mature. but i'm sure u can do it! just need consistent effort which i was v lazy la. hehe. btw, i managed to find someone to sell me BN bumwear for 50% off! so i'm buying 4 one-sized ones with 12 inserts for $90. i'm sooooo excited. will let u know if its any good.

karen: men! so blur! is the wound better? hope u get to go Expo and have great buys!

FIRST MTH CELEBRATIONS

shinchan: eh not too early to plan lor. cos when bb arrives will hardly have time to. good to plan early la.

for those interested in specially custom made and unique bb items for man yue, my friend just opened her biz and giving special promo. can check it out. http://www.madetolove.com.sg/

PLAYPEN

i noticed q a few of u buying playpens. just wanted to check if ur playpens have adjustable basinets?

shinchan,

me also bought the pigeon steriliser cos of the 3 in 1 function. Was comparing hard on which to get, ie. between Avent and pigeon. In the end, bought pigeon the bundle set during the mar expo. Of the 6 milk bottles, only 2 are not BPA. The rest are!

shinchan

i am very grateful cos i bet there must be a q [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thanks =)

Tigerlily

oops, me going to my pal's 1st month next sun

phyphy

top layer or whichever layer bb is sleeping =)

Tracey

can check with kiddy palace bah

Karen

must be really painful ! hope it heals fast

PS: tiring but fulfilling day, was out since 830am to bring my gal to enrichment class, then met up for a playdate @ ikea {their salmon not bad leh}, then hav a great time shopping @ anchorpoint and just had my shower.

b4 shower just had a good spread of ShiLin snacks of all kinds..yummy ! love their egg crepes with meat floss, sweet potato, fried chix

later still have to attend a 10 course dinner

tmr is monday again..sigh*

No free gift for buying 1 carton of EQ wetwipes. I oso forget to ask.

I went to Expo after my 10-course lunch at a teochew resturant. Only brought 2 items this time.

1) Ergo Organic Baby Carrier with sucking pad ($213). - Preorder cos' the color i choose is out of stk (Sienna Sunset). By the way, the warranty starts from the day of delivery so I prefer to receive it later probably when bb is 4mths old cos' I din buy the baby insert which cost $45. Sucking Pad - $20 for normal cotton. $28 for organic cotton.

2) Sealer Diaper - S size. 1carton $50. $01.8each (6pkts of 46pcs = 276pcs) Free 7pcs of S size Sealer Diaper. Total: 283pcs. Average 6pcs per day will last me 47days.

The staff at Ergo booth explain to me the use of Sucking Pad. She even show me how to use the carrier.

Ergo Sucking Pad

The retailer at the Motherhood Fair carry them. It is at the bottom shelf. Can call or email them if you want to order. http://www.advanology.com.sg

(Sucking Pad is useful when baby is teething. They will start biting stuff. High chance for them to bite on the slings so the sucking pad is to protect the slings. Even if your baby bite, just need to wash the sucking pad and not the whole baby carrier.

sugar> no, didn't get nepia. just got sealer. my mamy poko is not from the fair. it was from when NTUC had their promo. at 1st thought no more stock, so didn't intend to get, but saw new stock at jurong point NTUC Xtra so just get lor :p

phyphy> what type of cloth diaper do you recommend? i also wanna switch to cloth diaper, but dunno where to start... hee, both my husband and i ah, even with alarm clock, sometimes can still oversleep!

sarahmay> well, i'm aiming for 6/8 weeks to start toilet training lah, but plans may change according to baby's development.

shinchan> i only think abt baby's development issues one. though i've also asked my husband abt the 1st mth, (whether got baby shower) and husband also said i'm thinking too far ahead :p but sarah may is right. good to plan now coz when baby is here, you won't want to plan anything!

karen> hope you managed to go to the expo! and that you heal soon! tell your husband that TLC is a miracle healing agent!!!

badfifi

not sure which is gd as the previous time ,nappy was bought by my mum n in laws.total my gal have 48pcs of nappy.

Me went down to expo again,aiya never bump onto u tigerlily,but didnt buy anything at the bb fair but bought things from john little

full month

must think now if not later u on confinement ,where got the time n energy to do planning

i propose to my hd this morning ,to do full month celeb at chalet.

Nepia at $12 only? i bought mine at $14 on thurs. so sad....

din know they will adjust price. haiz.. just my luck - was there on thurs since got concert to attend...

next time got such fair must go over weekend... maybe got better deals

strange eh, was going through the thread, some mummies mentioned it's $12.

i regret not buying the EQ wipes... no chance to go down now to get already. Too late and too far from my place to travel all the way for it...

where can we get EQ wipes from? i dun seems to see them in NTUC or Giant..

badfifi:cloth diapers? u wanna try prefolds? those are prefolded muslin squares so you don't have to fold each time u use. and u can consider buying snappis - those rubber snaps to hold them together instead of pins. i'm a bit scared of using pins. and diaper covers are v useful to have. actually if u are bent on using cloth diapers, can really consider the one-sized ones like bumwear. i know ex...but i think in long run easier to use, and hence won't tax u out.

tigerlily: your design must be the latest, and hence more ex? actually with sucking pads, organic or not i think no diff cos the dye they use isn't organic.

phyphy: which chalet you donig? i think for this second one i will cut cost and have mini mini first month celebration. don't think hubby going to fly back to celebrate in anycase.

Nepia

Ya, i also saw some mummies mention it was $12 yesterday.....strange it bounce back to $14 todae....

badfifi, icic...u already set ur timeline of when to toilet train! good to be so organised...i dun dare tink so much....jus follow the flow, see how it goes...but toilet train early sure will save a lot on diapers and nappy washing...

1st month celebration....sometimes we discuss too but its always nothing concrete...however, oredi bot her clothes for 1st month le cos simply cant resist ;p we haven even think of name yet so i tink better settle name le, then slowly tink of 1st month....good to start early cos confinement we will be too tired to tink and coordinate for such....

sugar> cos of my condition, we need our boy to be independent as quickly as possible

hee, you've planned the 1st mth celebration, i haven't even thought of it...though we did decide on names before i even got pregnant... :p

Back