(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

Yvonne - u wanna try the dresses at Spring Maternity?? i got discount card... 15% off... the dresses are semi-formal... i tried one tube dress, checkered de... i like, but tummy not big enough to bring out the nice-nest of the dress...

Scarlett,

Obimin no smell..u can try..i think dont need to take so much supplements..too much might backfire..

Try obimin multi vitamins..

Maybe once in a while can drink anmum..that anmum still in my house..rotting..

BabyT,

Actually alot of maternity wear r nice only if the tummy is big enough..i kena suan by the sales saying..u cant wear la..tummy too small..maybe u buy normal clothing but L size lo..

Listen liao so damn angry...

bbl> watch dramas on tv, go and buy dvd sets and watch from beginning to end...or watch cable (if you have)... for me, dvds helps to pass time quite well

BBL - yes i agree... and most of these clothes are dresses... so i told my hubby now tummy not big yet, just wear shorts and maternity top... then when huge like 7 months onwards then buy dress... oh... a tip from my mummy friend.... she's a mother of 2... she says don't wear too much dress wait very easy to have stretch marks, cos loose... wear those maternity pants, leggings etc... then skin won't be as loose and not much space to over stretch...

Had a heavy lunch, now feel so bloated ^^

Congrats Leo_baby

Am waiting for my detailed scan date until "neck long long"

BabyT,

Thanks for the tips, i got some maternity pants and bermudas, i only have 2 dresses so far.

leo baby - congrats... =)

jynnsan - i've been wearing leggings and my own pants so far... then just bought 3 shorts and 1 capri all maternity wear... will only buy dress after tummy is visible.. now... people still bump into me despite wearing baggy clothes and maternity wear lor..

BabyT,

Most of my pants and skirts can't fit le [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif], already started wearing maternity bottoms, i felt more comfortable.

i find it increasingly uncomfortable to wear skirts or anything that has a waistband...maybe it's just me, cos even before this, i've generally preferred bottoms that are quite loose around the waist...

Leo baby,

Congrats on getting a boy. So you have a name for him yet?

BBL,

Now would be a good time to do reading up on how to take care of babies. I borrowed two from the library and din manage to finished before the due date, cos was too busy at work. I think Badfifi shared some titles previously.

Badfifi,

Me too. Can only wear maternity pants and dresses now. Cos it is stretchable but the kind that hang loose over the tummy.

Jynnsan,

I am in the same situation too. But i still wear normal dresses. Trying to save $$ by buying those dual use kind (before and after birth both can wear)

Badfifi,

Ya lor, very sianz, have to wait so long

Actually now they sell alot of those sketchable elastic pants, cheap and comfy too, can even wear after birth, maternity wear is very expensive.

leo baby - my detailed scan is in 2 weeks... 29Apr... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

badfifi - i don't like my legging waistband.. cos it digs into my tummy... then makes my tummy achy... i prefer those low waist thick waistband, like maternity wear kind... i like those... haha... opposite from u...

jynnsan - i still can wear, but i start to unbuckle lor.. arbo i sneeze or cough the button might just fly off... lolz... ok.. enough of my nonsense... but now i'm starting to wear maternity shorts and berms le... cos i work shift, so no point in buying pants...

jynnsan> when did they fix the scan for you? mine was fixed super early on

babyT> i don't know leh but i think it is because of what i'm used to bah. cos usually for me, things that fit my thighs will be a bit loose at my waist. now, with the belly, everything feels tight, no matter where i wear it (below waist, waist, above waist) so trying to get dresses...

hi everyone,

if u ladies are keen to buy medela breastpumps, esp Freestyle in sg (with 1 yr local warranty) i just heard from my colleague that myfirstyears@ KKH or Paragon is one of the cheapest shop to get. Ard $780 with some freebies.

i am checking it out one of these days when i go town.

Badfifi,

I am not waiting for the taiwanese spree. I can't tahan anymore. Leggings and tights is very tight on my tummy, making me uncomfortable. I order some foldover yoga pants (no elastic band but double layer of elastic cloth material as waist band) and shorts with drawstrings from victoria secrets online liao.

You can buy one or two casual pants from this maternity shop in Toa payoh, near the library. Think they have other outlets too. Pants about $30 bucks only. They have adjustable elastic waist (their elastic band got holes to hook onto a button to adjust tightness)

tinkerstars - First Few Years selling at $759... i saw on Monday at KKH... i'm getting the freestyle, but i'll be buying from the Tan Leng Leng spree.... less than $500, but downside is no warranty...

Badfifi,

Mine is fixed on 8/Mar if i am not wrong

Cos that time is 12 wks, so 2 months to 20 wks should be around there bah

BTW, did they return you any photos from OScar tests? Mine is from photocopy and i only get the photo after paying $40 for u/s [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

thanks Baby T, cheaper than i thought...

how much is Tan Leng Leng spree selling exactly at? dunno if warranty will be useful lei...

i wanted freestyle because can bring to office. very light...

tinkerstars - yes.. it's very lightweight... suitable for carrying around... the BP is USD299... TLL exchange rate is $1.40.. then she will adjust when CC bill arrives.. then u just have to pay for mode of shipping i think......

Tinkerstars and BabyT,

I am also buying from Tan leng leng's spree, but not sure when to order. So when are you girls ordering? Would you also buy a spare set of accessories(tubings and breastshields, etc) for office use?

I think the price is about $475 to $490 (including shipping, exchange rate difference) Prepayment is $418.20.

if i buy, will be in july so that delivery by Aug will receive.

as for accessories, i am not sure if need. heard the breastpump can last quite long. anyone know how often should we changes the parts like breastshields?

pommelow - i just PM her today asking when's her next spree cos i see 22nd de close le... she hasn't replied me yet... i'll be ordering this coming spree cos it'll take about 2 months to reach SG... which should be about June-July period... me not getting spare set of accessories... for what huh?

pomme> i have about 4 pairs of sarong pants (very light, loose and airy) and i've always loved them! i always thought of wearing them when i'm pregnant but ever since my accident, it's not convenient for me to go to the loo if i wear them...

jynnsan> mine was fixed either late feb/early march also. hmm, i can't be sure abt photos from OSCAR cos i got the results when i went for gynae appt and a scan was done that day (and i'm quite blur abt such thgs) but i don't think i got any, cos the photo i have is from the clinic itself, not TMC...

2 months to arriva ah... so long

Baby T, the spare accessories is in case your parts, esp breastshield get worn out. Sometimes, can crack too if u accidentally drop

that's what i heard la. though i haven research or ask further from the colleague who mentioned

tinkerstars - oh... let me ask my friend whether required not.. she's from Nov thread and using freestyle too... see what's her view on extra parts... 2 months cos ship from USA ma... anyway also don't need it now... so can wait... plus cheaper by $200, can buy other stuff for baby... oh... ur seeing Dr. Chen right... my friend hor... she's also seeing Dr. Chen.. when she preggy with her girl, Dr. Chen told her 2 lines = girl leh... u might wanna check again... but still girl or boy, healthy and filial can liao... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yup.. u see the video i posted on blog. he also mentioned 2 layers of skin, so i guess the 3 lines means the 2 layers fold become 3 lines... hahaha

i shall wait for week 20 scan to confirm. But he said 80% confirm girl (somemore he say usually quite accurate... hahaha)

but i will play safe, shall start shopping after detailed scan lor. hahaha

Re: Breastpump from First Few Years

Just to share. First Few Years is also selling US sets (i.e. not much diff compared to buying from spree except more ex). The warranty they say that you get is in-house warranty. I.e. their shop's own warranty. Not recognised by Medela Singapore.

Tinkerstars & BabyT,

My colleague was saying the connectors and breastshields need to be sterilised after use and need time to dry also. Having two sets will be more convenient to interchange for alternate days use. It would be very rush to wash and clean after pumping at night and then pack it to bring to office for use the next day.

Any experience mums to share if we need two sets of pumping shields and connectors??

Baby T, do let us know if you get Tan leng leng's reply. I think better order early just in case they don't have enuff orders to order in June.

Re: Walkers

Walking in walkers MAY result in walking tip-toe but there are kids who dun lah. This is only 1 of the disadvantages. Basically, walkers are a hazard as baby can get to places fast, hit and fall over. So this disadvantage has to be countered with supervision. In addition, kicking and walking uses different muscles hence, kicking in walkers DOES NOT help your baby walk faster. Instead it may slow down walking - hard to study this as kids do start walking at different ages. Anyway, I am super non-pro walker hence, what I say may be skewed towards the "against" hor.

Re: Bumper Mats

I agree! This is the one of best investment we made. I got a Parklon one. Fantastic.

Re: Wet Wipes

Just want to share these Sun Japan wet wipes

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3848723.html?1271318749

I love these wipes as its cheap ($7 for 3 packs of 100 pieces), good quality, easy to pull, large size. I waited super long for this BP as I dun know where else to get these wipes. Ordering 10 sets myself. Heehee.

Pomme:

2 sets is advisable. Here's why:

1. I use 1 set for morning pump before work and then wash, throw it into steriliser & leave the house. My other set is already nicely packed in my bag. Good for morning rush.

2. Some pple bring 2 sets to office for 2 pumping times - no need to wash until you go home. Save office time, esp for those with niao bosses.

3. Similar to #1, I use 1 set for middle of night pumps then leave it to soak & head back to bed. No need to wash and sterilise till morning as I have the other set for morning use. Get more sleeping time. The middle of night set can be washed properly and sterilised whilst you are pumping in the morning (with the handsfree kits).

4. In case of emergency such as you somehow break/spoil 1 set, a 2nd set is always good.

For Freestyle, its called "Freestyle Replacement Kit" instead of connectors so dun buy the wrong thing.

Shields not advisable to buy 2 sets now as you need to ensure fit is right which you cannot try now. There are sizes for the shields & getting the wrong fit may lead to blisters and ineffective removal of milk resulting in blocks .

badfifi:

I dunno wor but I heard from the seller is fresh stocks in Singapore. Wet wipes can last about 1 year at least before they dry up depending on where you keep them. I use wipes for my #1 and for general cleaning in office, etc so I order more. You dun need to order as much as me if you are not using that much hor.

babyfifi> hmm. i hope the BP is ongoing, then i can order later :p i use wipes for general cleaning too but i depend more on tissue paper...my husband calls me tree-killer!

babyfifi,

Thanks for your advice. Will get the freestyle replacement kit. Can you advice on how to know if the breast shield is the correct fit?

Also, if you pump twice in office with one set, do you sterilise it in office? My colleague was sharing that she use the same set twice. After the first use, she pack the set with the pump in ziplock bag and put it in the fridge to prevent bacteria from multiplying in the remaining milk droplets still on the shields.

Tinkerstars - we're also buying after detailed scan although my gynae says 90%... but kiasu abit... Haha...

Yvonne - yes yes I will definately let u all know when TLL replies... Btw, u want to borrow my spring maternity card ma???

Babyfifi - thanks for all ur information... I'm also quite anti walker although this is my no. 1, no experience, but still I see how much of a hazard the walker can be to others and also baby I really bu fang xin...

I think I'll take ur advise and get an extra set of breast shields... But will get after birth ba cos 4 months ML, dun need the extra and moreover dunno whether my supply will be high or not...

Adelynn - that was what I was going to ask... She's adding alot of mummies from other threads and also joining groups in facebook created for mtb from different thread...

babyT: yes lor.. if she don belong to sept mtb.. i don think shd add her in right..?

Adelynn - I suggest u send her pm on fb... Tell her to identify her nick within a timeframe if not u will remove her from the group...

babyT: actually when i preg with my #1 she also added me in friendster and msn.. after 5yrs i stll dont know who is she. hahah

Hi ladies,

I have added Babyfifi's wet wipes spree thread, tan leng leng's medela breast pump spree thread onto our facebook group. You may wish to refer to the Best buys discussion if you are interested.

thanks pomme.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hey mummies,

May I know if the scan shows 3 lines means boy or girl? I read in forum 3 lines = boy but my gynae says girl wor...confused....

Back