(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

So excited! Kind of missed the butterfly feeling when bb moves. I wonder when my bb wanna move? This week is my week 15. Hope bb will touch me soon!

Hi mummies,

Can anyone explain to me what's an exersaucer?

Personally i am not for walkers cos bb tends to zoom very fast all around and then things on the shelves will fall on them. That's what happened to me when i was a babe.

Baby movement

Gideon's movement is quite random. Throughout the day there will be some movement, though some days more than others. I can feel more movement if i wear pants, maybe he feels tight inside and will struggle more.

From my blog, I start to feel little cavin's movement on wk 19. I wonder will bb also be that late for me to feel the movement? wk 15 till wk 19... mmm... 4 more weeks? hehehe... looking forward! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I also got both exersaucer and jumperoo, they are activity station with music for baby to explore and have fun.

alamak, so many of u can feel ur bb's movements liao.. the very insensitive me still CANT'T!!! *sob*sob* That day the sonographer was asking me if i can feel my bb's movement as she is flipping in my tummy, and I cant.. My silly hb still commented that maybe by the time bb is born, I still din feel any movement at all.. LOL.. no choice lar, i'm quite xi-bak..

adelynn,

Thanks for the site given.. seems like a gd site to explain various purpose of baby's product.. will go home and explore more.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

shinchan> don't worry, you're not the only one...i'm also very insensitive 1... i haven' felt anything yet but maybe it's still early. but i think that in order for me to feel anything, baby must kungfu kick! :p

i think the movements now shld be mild kind, cos my gynae told me it shld feel like water bubbling movements.

badfifi,

haha.. that wat my hb told bb oso. Every nite when he applys stretch oil for me, he will talk to our bb. Then he will tell bb to kick mummy real hard, otherwise mummy cannot feel u.. *faint*

Adelynn,

Thanks for the site given. I have initially wanted to get an activity play mat. Now it seems more worth to get an exersaucer. Will go back and study with hubby.

Have you mummies have any brands or models in mind already. Can share with us here?

jynsann> what about exersaucer? cos i actually saw a exersaucer cum walker.. so I was thinking once it can sit up, it can be in the exersaucer right?

badfifi > oh i see. i only read that the walker may cause the baby to walk funny but i don't feel that it's true.

boohoo. i'm 19 weeks and i don't feel the movement![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] maybe i have too much fats cushioning it...

Mine is rather mild @ Week 18.

Btw, my detailed scan supposed to be done in early May, but feel like shifting to a day b4 my 20th week..should be ok hor

One thing is curousity abt gender , another thing is can shun bian go Ikea to eat my meatballs and chix wings

ok, i admit it is the urge to go ikea, then shun bian go SGH which is nearby

pinkyluv> hahaha you're so funny! after visiting the tampines ikea i don't go back to the alexandra branch. the traffic there can be quite jialat and i feel it's a bit claustrophobic. i feel browsing is a more pleasant experience there. food-wise, i don't know which is better though.

shinchan> so sweet! i often forget my stretchmark oil cos it says it should be washed off after some time, and by the time my husband comes home, it is dinnertime, and cannot massage. finally, later at night ok, but no time to go and wash off... so i never find the right time...haiz...

Diamantz,

My exersaucer is actually a station which does not attached with walker, place the baby in it and baby will learn how to turn around as the seat can be rotate, the toys allow them to use their fingers to trigger or twist, stimulate their eyes movement and of cos when they turn, they also exercise their leg movement, the music also expose them to sounds. Overall quite beneficial bah, i mean what i observed haha.

For my baby, i think he prefer his jumperoo than exersaucer ^^ at that time :p

When baby is able to cruise, i got him a turnabout 360 degree set, this allow him to be able to move a round whereby there is also an activity table in the centre. He also enjoy it!

badfifi

weekday ok leh , not too many people =)

=====================

Can i check with the mummies whose EDD are ard 14 Sep..when is ur detailed scan ? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

badfifi,

stretchmark oil gotta wash off ah? wat is the brand that u are using? I'm using clarins, wasnt instructed by the clarins gal. Usually i'll leave it overnite and wash off the next morning.

shinchan> i think we are using the same oil. tonic? it's by clarins. the smell is machiam aromatherapy? i bought mine from Sasa, and the box said wash off leh...but i searched on the internet, it seems like most pple don't leh, they just leave it on...

Badfifi,

I tot for newborns we start them on the playmobile mat ( i call it play mat) first and then when they have strength to hold up their head and body then put them in exersaucers?

Jynnsan,

So what's the brand of your jumperoo and exersaucer?

pomme> i think we are referring to different mats bah... is the one you mean the small kind for babies to lie on and maybe have a couple of toys to keep baby occupied? cos what i mean is the bigger kind, which babies can move around on...

Speaking of baby's movement, I don't feel it everyday. It's just some days when I lie down on my bed in a certain way and she moves a fair bit. That's when I can feel the movement when I place my hand on my tummy. But it's only -some days-. Scary lor... And I'm 19weeks. Hmm....

Some colleagues will really be the death of you..but it sure helps when u have a sense of humour and a lot of confidence ....

====

Last month, there was an event and we engaged external people to dress up . So this XX held up the top and asked me, " can u fit into this?"

I replied, " yeah"

The reply, " that's great, cos the lady said she is very fat"

=================

Today, XX was showing us his new maid's pic ( yet to arrive) with particulars and asking, how does 155 cm and 56 kg look like,

I replied, " abt my ht and wt lor...

The reply, " jialat, so fat how to work ?!

Hi ladies, thanks for your encouragement..i trying to stay positive for everything lo cos now also cant do anything..

Hmm..i'm 15weeks now so i also cant feeling anything in my tummy leh..so looking forward.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

badfifi>> the clarins oil is which one?last week i went shopping than saw one, but the salesgirl tell me the cream is better..hmm..

candy jos> it's tonic body treatment oil by clarins. some people think it's smelly but to me, the smell is quite pleasant, very aromatherapy...

pinkyluv> really need to have a sense of humour! if not, will get demoralised by such insensitive remarks!

shinchan> you not the only one. I am 20 weeks and i still can't feel baby movement a lot .. and to what i recall only once on 2 april where it feels like a rubbling on my right tummy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] till now, didn't feel anything.

When i did my detailed scan last week, i see the baby moving but i didn't feel anything guess our kids are more "gentle" in our tummy hahahaha

BTW.... I am having a PRINCESSS! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi all,

I do feel a hard lump on my right while resting at night sometimes, so when i pressed, after a while, that spot will soften up...wonder if that is the baby position...gynae once told me that bb is positioned on the right...

morning all..

counting down to detailed scan ~~ 10days to go!! yea yea yea.. :D

i am getting so forgetful.. i totally cant remember if i ate my vitamins this morning? -_-"

Thanks for your "reminder" Adelynn.I just remember i din eat my vitamins this morning. So you are not the only one who forgot.

Pomme: hahahaha...now i dont know if i have taken so i tink i will jus skip for today. faint

Hi Mummies,

Jumperoo:

The jumperoo is a lot of fun for our little ones, my elder daughter had one too, and she spent a good 2 months (7-8mths) on the station. Not recommended for children 6 months and below because their necks are still fragile. Would suggest mummies to buy 2nd hand, then sell it after baby grow out of it, its big and takes up a lot of space :p

Baby Moving:

It's true that its hard to recognise the flurry of baby's movement when you are having your first baby.. Baby moves all the time! Don't worry mummies.. i didn't know what to expect when I had my first baby.. so I thought baby didn't move until well into my 6th month! Plus during our first pregnancy, our uterine wall muscles are less flexible, so baby movements are harder to notice. This time round, i started to feel movement just 3.5 months into the pregnancy.. I guess because I now know what to feel for and my uterine walls are now more flexi!:p

At around 7 months, you'd hope baby not move that much.. had a hard time sleeping through because baby was hiccupping every hour.. and jabbing her elbow here and there :p

Re: jumperoo

Unlike jynnsan and letty's baby, my gal didnt quite took to it. She tried it at Robinsons and she seems so happy in it. So we rented it from one of those toys rental website and after one try, she didnt wanna sit in it at all. She will cry when we try to put her in it. So it was sitting one corner for a month collecting dust. Heng it was rented and not bought. But she loves her exersaucer and spent quite a few months in it. Both items dont need to get it yet, can wait till baby is much older. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jynnsan > oh i din know you could turn around. sounds good- still exercises the legs ;p what's a turnabout 360? jumperoo is cute ;p

badfifi> i also want to get those jigsaw foam mats.

Diamantz,

Something like tis...

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3854583.jpg]

Wah you all post sooooo fast.

Re: Walker / Exersaucer

I am one of those that are against walkers and my gal started walking quite early - about 8 mths with support. I rather let her use me as support to walk. But I can say this coz I have a reliable helper lah. As for exersaucers, there were a few cases against the Evenflo ones - fractures due to the jumping and landing on a bounceable surface - so do take note. I think the Bright Starts Activity Station is not too bad by feedback (this is the one in the pic posted above). Instead of jumping, the kid learns to walk round a stationary play table. Can use for a longer time too as older kids can just play with the play table. Only thing is as with all activity stations, do take note of your kid's walking after that to ensure they dun walk on tiptoes.

Fifi> thanks for the tip! yah, i also think that the one posted in the pic is very good! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

babyfifi - that's what i heard too.. walking in walkers will cause tiptoe-ing... is it true?? i'm not a fan of walkers... bang here bang there... wait unsupervised that if walker flip over even more jialat....

Walker,

I put baby on walker, agreed that there are banging, but fortunately, he is walking ok now. In fact, i was also quite hesitate to get him a walker, but dh keep saying that we also used walker when we are young, why not...he win lor

I still keep the walker for #2, really worry at times over baby development at every stage.

Back