(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

yvonne> from what i have heard, the concern abt touching water is cos after childbirth, if the mum comes into contact with "raw" or shen1 water (basically water that has not been cooked), may get rheumatism later in life easily. so, if the water is cooked/boiled before (shou2 water) then it is ok. i know some CLs use warm water straight from the heater, but some older folks believe this is not good enough. must really boil the water and let it cool. also, for your own bath, use herbs and i've been told i can't wash my hair for the 1st 7 days...

Jynnsan> the CL's contacts

Aunty Yeo

+60-167089329

She's in sg until somewhere in May, you can call or SMS her. My friend says she is very good and knowledgeable about babies. One day with her is like a crash course on how to take care of a baby!

You can call her first and ask abt rates, availability etc bah. I think then you can decide whether she is a good choice for "standby" option?

Jessica: ic.. so u ordering which package? I only need those 1 meal for 5 days.. apparently they dont have wor.. haha..

I dont want CL cos 1) no place for her to slp. 2) Some will say can get p/t mah.. but i got 4 dogs at home who will bark like nobody's biz when a stranger comes to their territory. 3) i find that paying them $1.8 - 2k is way overpriced.

U tried Natal Essential already?

Ya, i agree, best is not la, but no choice also really no choice.. moreover no need to see MIL for 1 whole month is simply shiokness!

Jynnsan,

Thanks for the explanation. I tot snappies is the only replacement for safety pins.

Badfifi,

Both pigeon and annuku (not sure if i spell it correctly) have diaper cloths. I got snappies from the brand ppureen, for clipping the traditional diaper instead of safety pins.

Bumwear's prefolds are prefolded and sewed diaper cloths (save us the hassle of folding, esp for those not talented in origami), quite ex too at $15 per piece. The pocket diapers they carry has a pocket to put the absorbent insert to absorb pee from bb. No need to use snappies or nappy cover cos they got build in clips. Though not sure if need to use nappy liner inside to catch poo.

Oh no, i think i "gek" too much just now in the toilet. Now my womb and back is very suan now.

pomme> ooh thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i will keep a lookout! wah, bumwear is really ex!!!

take a rest now, lie back or lean back and rest your aching muscles...

Thanks Badfifi, had noted Aunty Yeo number [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Posting on behalf of Leobaby

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3827439.jpg]

yvonne,

I can understand how u feel. I m face similar problem. I stay wif my PIL. Got a maid to help out on hse work. My SIL got a baby gal at 4mths now. She drop off her baby & maid at my PIL hse everyday and occupy the spare room (convert it into her baby room). She has 2 dogs staying with us - she insist my maid walk her dogs twice a day. I was so angry, why shld my maid walk yr dogs since u oso have a maid. Worst thing is my MIL refuse to help take care of my baby. Now I got to hire another maid just to take care of my baby and they has to go to my mum's place cos' my MIL say her hse no space. WIF. Her daughter can come home everyday, we paying for PUB leh - my SIL baby gal must sleep in aircon & have lights on even at night - wah our PUB is very high lor ($400-$500) per mth leh. She not even contributing. I m really pissed. I was oso thinking of Infant care but I do work late and on wkends on certain mths so Infant care may not be good. Daughter & DIL got different treatment. Really big headache.

Tiger Lily: Do you own the house or your PIL? If u do, I feel you have a right to get your bb to stay in the house.

Tigerlily, i cant agree more with ur sentence daughter n dil got diff treatment. I cant b bothered with all these crap la. I hav discussed with hub tt he can tell his mum NO need for her to take care of bb n do my confinement already.. Since so much trouble n i believe my own mum will cook better food for us lo..

Actually we r lucky already tt those sils r nt staying with us.. I cant imagine if so.. How chaotic it will b lor

bb,

We don't own the hse but we are sharing the cost of maintance e.g. PUB, food & maid etc... I shld have insisted on getting our own hse from before we got married. Now I m stuck, current available choice is me & baby move to stay wif my mum. Well, with that I still need a maid cos' my mum is already in her 70s, don't think she can cope with hse work & caring for my bb.

Yvonne,

But out of 4 SILs, 2 of them staying few hse away. 1 in Indonesia & the another come back everyday - no difference lor. The hse is always very noisy esp. when the tv is on. My MIL is a bit deaf so she on the tv very loud, can even hear it in my room upstairs lor. She also sleep with her tv on lor - waste electricity.

anyone feel a small hump pop out around the tummy area?just now i feel it but when i took out the hp,the hump gone.

I don remember that i can actually see the hump so early when i got my gal. Maybe 2nd time a bit more sensitive.

Gathering

me too maybe can make it if its at 5pm.

Leobaby/jynnsan

thanks for the posting now the sales.

Pinkyluv

ms over,congrat.

My ms will still comes bk like onces a week. 17 weeks now,going to 18 weeks this friday.

BabyT

rest well and take care,backaching maybe can have a cushion on put on ur "yao" area when sitting down n have some support on ur bk when u sleeping sideway.hope it helps

tiger lily

cant give any advise.hope u pull through this phase n be a happy MTB.don think too much when they talk to u.

Good morning mummies

Talking about PIL, my one also not supportive and helpful, if we don't bring baby to visit them, they also can't be bother. They rather stay at home. But my hubby love his mum, so he will bring baby there for them to 抱抱. My mother in law rather stay at home during her off day and will tell us so bored to stay at home alone facing the TV, but when we asked why not you come over my place, though it is a bit far off but still reachable mah, how big is singapore, if she really miss her grandson, why not, her reason given is," I don't know which bus to take, dunno how to take bus!!!" Really piss off lor.

Yvonne

wat mention is very familiar ! my good pal also in the same boat lor

staying under the same roof is always tough, dif living habits..even my own parents say they rather stay on their own, they wun want to stay with me their own daughter

anyway my mum nag quite a lot when she sees me, so i guess just as well lah

phyphy

thanks =) i can drink water already..but of cos still have a big weakness for ice coffee..want to make ice coffee ice lolly @ home liao

food wise, still very selective..my mum nagged this morning when she saw me having egg pratas, saying tat she only sees me having junk for the past few months

haiz, still have yet to eat fish & green veg ..and my mum always have to cook a pot of curry veg specially for me while the rest of the family eat properly

1st SEP 2010 MTBs Gathering

24 April, 2010 (Saturday)

Venue : Suntec City

Makan : Kenny Rogers ?

Timing : Noon or 5 pm ( depends on majority)

Attendees {Pls confirm [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pinkyluv (either noon or 5pm is ok)

Pomme (either noon or 5pm is ok)

Leo_baby (5pm)

Phyphy (5pm)

Windy

Felicia

Shinchan

Tinklestar

Tigerlily

bbhopes2009

Pinkyluv,

ya lor, thats why my parents say next time my bro married liao, asked him to move out.. Dont want to have all these quarrels and misunderstandings..

I also told my hub tt nx time I will also do tt to my kids.

morning ladies..

Sorry cant attend the gathering on 24th as i am going tMC for detail scan in the morn and noon have lunch appt with my family.

Enjoy and do take more pics :D

I woke up with swollen right palm again.. right feet feels numb too.. also feel like its going to cramp anytime.. haiz so early like that i cant imagine the later trimesters.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Yvonne

oops, i was telling hb next time i hope my daughters ( if the 3rd one is a gal too) can invite us to stay with them

we will then sold our own flat and used it for tours

of cos we will look after their children and only go overseas when they can take leave :p

Yupyup. Totally agree Yvonne Low.

I guess everyone will have different mindset and habits so wats the point for living together and make things worst. I'm having some problem wif my MIL tis few days tooo. Luckily we dun stay together but hearing her "name" mention will make my blood boils already.

Juz cannot understand y they like to bother n comment to much. We r all adult already ma but they always treat us like kids and nag nag nag~

Cant stand ppl nagging at mi and i will keep scolding my poor hb.

hehe, sometimes when my own hb nags at me, i also get a headache

i think i am not easy to stay with haha

since whoever stays with me can't resist nagging

unless tat person is equally messy :p

phyphy, yvonne, pinkyluv, weiting,

Living together is really not easy. I went back to my mum's place ytd nite - complain to her and she could see I was very angry. Then she told me too cool down, by being angry my kid will also take after me - so now I relax & bo chiap. I hope my hb will take over & handle all those nagging from my MIL.

yupz, Tiger_lily, we mtbs must be happy no matter what..

yday also feel very wronged at work ( when people last minute go MIA and din turn up for a meeting also bec my fault..as if i can control their legs)

anyway, i tell myself tat heaven will compensate me in other ways, can't have the best of all worlds in life =)

Attendees {Pls confirm [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Leo_baby (5pm)

Phyphy (5pm)

Tigerlily ( Noon)

Windy

Felicia

Shinchan

Tinklestar

bbhopes2009

Tomorrow I am seeing my Gynae, hopefully can see gender - see excited can't wait to see my bb. My hb prefer boy so I hope I can fulfill his wish.

Adelynn,

Are you have water retention? I remember some one mentioned abt a water retention gel in this thread.

Pinkyluv: my right calves v tight.. v scare of chou1 jing1 anytime!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hugs to Yvonne and all with problems with in law.. i use to stay with in laws too.. but 2yrs ago at age of 23 dedcided to take that huge step and jump out to buy our own flat.. even thou we are not financially stable and all, i jus knw tt we have to get out of there. and true enough i never regretted moving out to stay on my own! can skip all the uncessary disagreements and i can do what i wan in my own hse.. lastly the most happy thing is my mum came over to stay with me on weekdays and take care of my son. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Haha, ya, i also keep reminding myself to stay calm and cool worrying that my little baby inside me with follow, but how to control, i am still learning. I also get angry over my maid easily, really have alot of 苦难言呀!

uh oh, i'm the one nagging at my husband, the other way around...the other day, he was just joking that i'll be a good mum cos i already mastered the nagging part...*pengz*

tigerlily> yes, bo chap is good! your priority now is your baby, not what others think/say! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Adelynn

hehe, yeah, i do agree with u tat staying on our own is very shiok indeed.

sometimes, the 4 of us just laze on this bed in the living room and no one nagged abt undone household chores

==========

i remember when i was schooling, my mum nagged at me for watching TV and not revising

when i was working, she nagged at me for watching TV and not doing housework

When I have kids, she nagged at me for watching TV when my kids are around

jynnsan> i am very quick-tempered. i will flare up over a small thing and forget abt it just as fast... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Adelynn,Pinkyluv,

Yupyup. Living on our own is really a blessing. Without the need of sharing sooo many things in the hse and some of them dun even bother to contribute.

We also move out last yr and my hse is still in a big mess! Hehe. But no one will nag at us cos onli 2 of us there and the part where we juz laze ard is sooooo gd~

good morning ladies,

long time no loggin liao, was so busy with work. Now reporting from TMC, waiting for my turn for detailed scan.

Pinkyluv,

i'm fine with Kenny Rogers but I can only make it for lunch, not dinner.

ya.. I oso missed living on our own. Used to have our own place but sold and shifted in with PILs last sep. Although not much of a problem staying with them but I seriously miss the freedom of staying on our own. Looking forward to collect our keys this may and hopefully can shift out b4 aug.

shinchan

tat is exciting [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] u also dun noe gender yet right?

i think i m going to be very excited during my Detail Scan in may

Leo_baby (5pm)

Phyphy (5pm)

Tigerlily (Noon)

Shinchan (Noon)

Windy

Felicia

Tinklestar

bbhopes2009

Thx Adelynn.. So envy u ladies for being able to stay urself.. =) my hubby is pretty traditional la, he says he is the only son (with 4 elder sis) so he must stay with his parents..

aiya, who ask me to cfm him .. lol..

anyway, ladies, i will be getting this Ameda Lactaline breast pump. Just a weird ques, after we pump d milk to the bottle of the machine, we will then pour the milk to (say my pigeon bottle) and feed baby am i right to say that?

or pour into freezer storage bag to store d milk right?

quina

actually hb's company also have a family day soon to Universal Studio, but spouse has to pay for tickets..was thinking not worth since i can't take the rides now

Pinkyluv & Weiting: totally agree!~ but as i said my mum stay with me she is the one nagging me non stop.. HAHAHA

yvonne: don say that..at least yr hubby is filial that is a plus point right [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] next time yr kids see daddy filial they will follow too de. for my husb its bcos we stay with his grandparents.. not in in laws.. and alot of issue bcos the hse is full of people tts y i choose to move out for more space.. cant imagine 4 of us have to squeeze in 1 bed rm if we still staying there. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i heard alot of raves about Ameda pump.. sounds very good!! yes it is ok to pour the milk to other bottle but if u wan to feed direct, mayb u see if there is bottle cap and teats for ameda pump and jus feed baby immediately after feed? for storage u can pour into storage bag/bottles. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

quina: i didnt have epi for #1.. don think will have it again this time round. i quote the midwive who help to delivery my #1 "don take epi, have the real taste of being a mummy!" hee..

pinkyluv,

ya, we are still clueless as of now. So quite exciting.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Quina11,

me,me! *shy*

hb alrdy told me not to be gungho, gotta opt for epi. Actually also true lar, I dun think I will be as courageous as some mummies to go natural w/o epi. Me is coward.. Lol.

shinchan: don say that! never take epi is not coward!! i never take bcos want to save $$.. hahaha

quina: my fren said ask me take food with less salt + drink more water.. thats what GP told me too.. hmm

Back