(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

Pineapple scary leh. Last time if I want my menses to come early, I will eat the whole pineapple and it works. Menses really come early. Can imaging I eat the whole pineapple now.... So I don't dare to eat. But if some food have, eg. sweet and sour fish, I will eat the fish without eating the pineapple. even though there is little pineapple juice in it, I think still ok.

As for Barley, my sister told me can drink a little bit if we feel heaty. But not too much.

ya agree , Moderation is the key word ... haha ... hippi , another 20 minute to knock off , i want go go home rest , my head today seem like bursting!

jascmy ,

wow , 1st time hear this leh , want come early then eat pineapple ah ! wow ... but actually pple offen say , thos pineapple if is being cook then is ok ... like pineapplerice all those , cook liao should be ok

i also drink barley leh.. draink in moderate lah...just drink wat i like.. i also drink cold coke lah..

pineapple can't take how bout pineapple tart? i love it during new year...

Dear all mtb,i am abt coming to 12wks..do u all feel sometimes stomach very bloated n my buttock also feel abit pain..how come???Thanks n hope to see ur reply ;-)

HI jerlyn, your buttock is getting bigger!!!! my mom says when got pregg your body will start to enlarge... you buttock, breast, leg and shoulder.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] dun worry is normal

Hi all

i was hesitating to join aug2010 or sept2010 becoz my EDD is 31aug but i hope my bb will arrive on 1sept. haha.

anyone same EDD as me??

last wed, i went to TMC hospital tour. the rooms look really comfortable!

oh yeah... and i think its really worth it to join the FBI/SBI program if your gynae participates in it!

SCB card holders can enjoy 15% discount on the sub. fee!

meijuan: i got 2 pkts of anmum from the TMC hosp. tour but have yet to try it.

i heard my boss said that its good for both mum and baby!

perhaps u can give it a try [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

saffy,

gd to know ur oscar at TMC went well. whoa, u drew 3 tubes of blood huh? me only kena 1 tube. think this depends on how many blood test ur gynae ordered for u lah.

macaroons,

sorry to hear abt ur loss. pls take care & hope bb dust be with u soon.

re. milk powder for preggie mums,

have read that it only made mtb put on weight super fast & unfortunately not much of this weight goes to ur bb too.

btw, i collected my oscar results fr my clinic this evening. unable to scan to my fb currently so i just post the results here:

fetal heart frequency - 171bpm

CRL - 55.7mm (3 days ago, it was only 47mm!!)

biparietal diameter - 19.4mm

femur length - 7.4mm

NT - 1.3mm

nasal bone length - 2.3mm

biochemistry (blood test):

free beta hCG - 30.000

PAPP-A - 2.090

estimated risk:

background risk - 1:336 (whoa so high!!)

ultrasound risk - 1:1678

biochemistry risk - 1:2387

adjusted risk - 1:6710

cos i din get to see my gynae so i cam cfm we take the adjusted risk as our final risk assessment right???

RE: FOOD

I think we can eat everything in moderation. Except those raw stuff. My gynae said just eat n drink whatever I want, no worries. For my first preg, I drank orange and greenapple juice almost everyday and the pantry lady said better not cos the bb will be very phlegmy and cough lots. But so far so good, kid almost 3 and she's not coughing nor phlegmy.

Hi jerlyn,

Currently i am in my 11 weeks my buttock kind of feel ache and yet pain but me also dont know why is that so[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] According to meijuan is normal cause buttock is expanding [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jerlyn,

as far as i know, whenever we got pregnant our "peng gu" will expand to get ready for childbirth... that's why our old pants and jeans will get tight at our thigh area even... lucky now our thigh and tummy still not very big, can still wear our old pants and jeans without zip, js put on additional belly band will do... later stage cannot wear liao, very sad... dunno after birth stil can wear anot...

purelyz,

ya many leos hor, all will bully me liao...

actually not that we are very free during year-end, but this pregnancy i tried for almost a year liao... super disappointed whenever i see auntie comes... mayb i have higher expectation cos my #1 only 2 try we got already then this one super long, I even go see gynae if i got any infection how come cannot conceived...

went for my gynae visit on wed ... n booked my oscar test on 12th feb at NUH (my gynae advised me to do it at NUH instead of TMC cuz its cheaper ... i did enquiry abt the FBI ... where u will get discount for the tests done there but she say bo hua ... discounted price will still be 300+ ... but at NUH will be 200 ...) so those who r looking for cheaper alternative ... maybe can ask if can do it at NUH?

hi joMEL, need to make booking for hospital tour or they have a schedule for hospital tour??

OSCAR scan is to make sure ur BB normal or not that all???

Meijuan,

If i am not wrong Oscar scan is to check if our BB have DS and as for the hospital tour if you are referring to TMC its daily 2 times at 11am or 2pm can call to book or walk in to register.

my OSCAR result if 1:3200, think it's within normal range ba

anyone feel really really thirsty but get bloated the moment you drink something?

just call TMC , wanted to book the O test this coming sat , but they say its full . Cos i m goin to see gynae on next next wed , thought sat do O test liao then can know the reasult when seeing gynae on wed ... but full ... hai ~ ask me to go Q at 9am . Actually after we do the oscar test , even no see gynae , we can call the clinic and ask the reasult right ?

hi mummies,

jus had my blood test and Oscar result.....Oscar result is normal but I hv low blood pressure.....nurse say may hv to ask my hubby to go for blood test......did anyone encounter this b4??? wat's the risk of having low blood during pregnancy.....

y mummies have nvr ending worries during pregnancy.....sigh!

white lady,

yup. even though i went to see gynae immediately after the test, it was more like a routine check-up. there was no mention of the test results at all. the clinic called me up the day after to tell me the results. i think if it is not considered 'high-risk' the clinic also won't call you back.

Hi..thanks all for the reply!!I feel much beta hearing that most of them have the same buttock pain as me...today i feel much beta liao not like ytd i walk until very slow!!!Btw...babybee..when is ur edd?Cos i am nw 11wks same as u...can ur stomach be seen already???Thanks ;-)

Jerlyn,

Your details not in the chart hor my edd is 17aug. When's yours ? My stomach can only see a small hump [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but can feel that all my shorts and jeans are tight hmmm.... Nowadays i also lazy to go out cause when think of what to wear i headache.

Hi ladies,

Just saw this article from MTB May Thread thought can share with you girls in case if you have no time to browse through the thread. Think this might help us in a few months time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cheap clothes for baby

Shen Kwong Trading Co269C Queen St #01-246, 183269, Singapore

Tel: 63383260 Fax: 63389361

Below are comments from another mum(Faith Ong LS) from www.singaporemotherhood.com forum.

Cheap & Reasonable baby clothes & items:

You can check out at "Shen Kwong Trading Co." Think this shop is kind of like a wholesaler type of shop. In my personal view, the baby clothes there are simple/plain & more for at home wear. Some are per pack of 6 pieces (same design) for $10 or $12. I bought a pack of baby towel (6 pieces) there for $16. Cloth diaper is per pack of 10 pcs for $12. Anyway, you can check it out at Blk 269 Queen Street #01-246 (S) 183269, Tel Tel: 6338 3260. The blk is just opposite the Guan Ying Temple near OG in Bugis area. The shop is located at the corner, few steps away from a public toilet. I did saw same types of baby clothes in Toa Payoh Centre shops, but those shops are selling at something like 4 for $10. (priced slightly higher) If TPY is more accessible for you, you can also get at those shops (think these shops are those that are also selling curtains).

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3548196.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3548197.jpg]

Hi babybee..i just signed up ytd only!!My Edd is 16thAug!!Ur small lump is referring to small tummy coming out???All along i'm very skinny n had very flat tummy...but now 11wks i managed to see my tummy coming out..ppl outside still cannot tell i am pregnant yet!!Thanks ;-)

Jerlyn,

Yup edd is 17aug from my Dr but last scan shows 16aug read from other forum that most likely they will take the first scan edd [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Ya compare to last time my stomach is slighly bigger with a small hump although cannot tell yet [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dear all

I am so looking forward to my next wk appointment!By then i will be 12wks liao..can't wait to go for the scan n see how my bb liao!Those two times i went to scan,gynae said my bb is doing pretty well!!Bt i kept thinking of the bad things after i read some of the post here..the more i think the more i hope next wk appointment faster come!!!Hope everything will be fine!

jomel,

i did my oscar at level 4. i paid abt $394 (after FBI discounts of abt $41)

saffy,

ur oscar results of 1:3200, is this based on the adjusted risk or?? do u mind to share ur full results on the forum or with me privately? i just wanted a comparison as i felt some of my readings were kinda high-risk. thx & sorry for the trouble!

meijuan,

oscar test posed no danger or harm to both mother & child. its a non-invasive test & highly accurate (90% detection rate) to test bb for DS (among other syndromes).

do we take our edd based on oscar results?? i read that edd taken during oscar seems to be more accurate? its shows 2 aug. my 1st scan was 3 aug, 2nd scan was 4 aug and last scan before oscar was 29 july but i still think early aug is most accurate lah. nevertheless, since i'm opting for elective c-section, will prob have it done in late july.

any mtb still taking folic acids in their 12 wks+?? i really have no idea when to stop taking it leh... >_<

angel,

actually i'm not too sure coz it was the clinic that called me. they just told me that everything is normal, i even had to ask them for the ratio. i don't have the detailed results, prob won't get them till my 16wk checkup one mth later. if you don't mind, i will share with you then? your results are normal, your gynae won't go further into details unless you request - that's what i think la... coz if not then he will ask you to go for CVS or amnio. don't worry everything will be ok [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i've stopped taking folic acid, but am starting on multivits, DHA and calcium supplements.

jerlyn, same as you. I also keep worrying about by bb, wondering if it is still doing okay. My MS is the only clue that I am dependent on to guess that my bb is still doing okay...

eeyore, what is the function of the belly band? and where did you get yours?

i am 11 weeks and yes , my tummy very big and after food , bloated and look like 4 mths , but mine is #2 , pple usually say #2 tummy show faster . All my shorts cant zip liao , haha ... and some pants are tight at hip area already !

today got stomach pain at right side ... hai ... stress

Mine only can see small tummy coming out after food..me no#1 and i heard alot ppl said it won't show out that fast right esp like me so small build.My buttock the bone pain again..i hope its normal...so stress )=

angel: thanks!

394 sounds quite ex ar leh..

my clinic (wc cheng) charges me S$300 for the full oscar scan but dun have FBI discount la.

oh.. i have already stop taking folic acid on my 5thweek. now i m taking obimin

jerlyn: i m only on my 8thweek and my back are all aching. lol.

dun feel stress la... i think its normal la...

Morning ladies!

jerlyn, trying not to worry so much... MIl keep telling me to keep a happy mind so bb will grow well...

eeyore, thanks for the info and link. the band really looks very good... am tempted to get... any idea whether we can get in sg?

morning everyone!!

mi going for the scan nxt wk....i abit worried bb not growing well....shd i go see woody tonite?

morning...y u suddenly worried bb not growing well?

today i took train finally got one uncle give up his seat for me..wahaha.. 1st time..

jerlyn,

in the morning, mine only a small bump..throughout the day it grew bigger, especially after dinner. i think its bloated inside with lots of air.

Saffy and Angel,

i'm doing my Oscar test this wednesday. can you let me know if i need a full bladder?

Went for my gynae appt on sat. Then was 9w2d, baby was abt 2.7cm. i'm gg for the scan on 12 Feb, dr woody tick the NT + FA scan, on that day of scan can still change rite? Next gynae appt will be on 20th Feb, by then scan results should be out rite?

What is the difference between NT and Oscar scan? Also the paper for the NT+FA did not state FA is at 20weeks but the oscar one is oscar+fa at 20 weeks

For the belly band, if you girls are interested, if we can get $100 worth of orders then can ship free within US, I can combine with the digi time capsule order so that we can save on the shipping charges from US to Singapore through vpost. like that for 2 different order they will combine together and we are only paying 1 base charge.

These few days cannot eat dinner at all, eat 1,2 mouth feel very uncomfortable already. in the end always drink milo.

saffy,

oic... mine also clinic called me up but they wouldnt give me the risk assessment thru the phone so i had to make a trip down to the clinic to get the results myself. ok, do share with me when u got ur results. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jomel,

$394 is the package price for both oscar test + the FA scan @ 20wks. have u chk with ur gynae how much she'll charge u for the detailed scan @ 20wks? it would cost ard $100 on average.

sunflower,

yes, full bladder is required. in fact, i was asked to go drink another 2 more cups of water & go back for scan in another 25 mins. (partly also dued to bb not in optimum position too).

suika, dun tink so much.. happy mummy will have happy bb..

i also try not to tink so much.. my next appt more further then u leh... mine next one is 18 feb... and my 2nd time to gynae leh...

Back