(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Hi all, sorry for diverging, but I have a couple of extra brand new Sophie the Giraffe teething toy lying around at home courtesy of friends, wondering anybody here interested in them? I don't think my kid will need more than 1 so the extras are just collecting dust.



Available for sale COD, much cheaper than the bulk purchase price. Pls PM or email [email protected] if interested tq!



Lotus[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4692599.jpg]

 


Ladies



I have Boots breastmilk storage bags for sale. Each box is SGD 9 (excludes postage).

Not retail in Singapore yet.



40 bags in each box

Max quantity - 250ml or 9oz





I have 15 boxes only. First come first serve.



Prefer self collection at one of these venues.



Dec 12th - Xmas gathering at Aloha Changi, or

1230 to 1400 on workdays at Raffles City, Suntec City, Millenia walk or Marina square (pre-arranged), or

@ my MIL place between 1000hrs to 2100hrs work days at Upp Changi Road East. (pre-arranged)





For postage, I will need to advice again on postage charges, account number for you to trf



So far, these mummies have ordered :-

1. sillyhp - 2 boxes

2. Justbe - 2 boxes (self collect from raffles city)

 
hello mummies,



am just wondering any of your HBs help out to look after the BB?



my HB initially still help with feeding the baby once or twice a day and change his diapers..but since BB turns 3mths, he hardly do so liao. Getting lazy...and temper also getting bad.



When my BB is extremely exhausted, he will cry & cry until no sound type...my HB instead of helping, is making things worse.



It's only right to carry your BB close to you when he/she cries rite? But my HB keep asking me to put the BB down on the bed...when I put my BB down, he cries even louder.



My HB even can say loudly...u carry he also cry, put down also cry, might as well put down on bed.



Pls lah! What kind of nonsense theory. So I bo hiew him but just carry my boy until he's calm down & fall asleep cuz cry until tired.



Sorry for the rant...but I really cannot take it anymore at times.

 
Vivi: can order online, no problem one. Amazon’s free 2-days shipping is very accurate. When you put the items in the cart, they will let you know the delivery date and it will really deliver on that day itself. Or you can have the items delivered 1 day before ur hubby check-in to the hotel so that in case there’s any delay, ur hubby will still be able to receive the items. Just drop an email to the hotel to let them know of the parcel. BTW, is ur hubby working in MINDEF?



Sweetkiss: my bb is also a nocturnal animal hahaha. Just that mine doesn’t sleep for 12 hrs. The longest is only abt 7 hrs, so I cannot sleep longer like u do. For the sophie, usually I will put it into my son’s mouth for him. Althou he can grab sophie well, he’s still not able to put her properly into his mouth so we assist him abit. Sometimes he will suck very loudly haha.



Carol: When did u stop BF? Usually menses will resume a few months after stop BF.



Nicole: There’s thanksgiving sale end of the month, so if you wanna order the foogo, it would be a good time to order.



Junie: It’s ok to rant here. I guess ur hubby is getting bored and tired of looking after bb. I realised that most people don’t have the kinda patience that mommies have towards bb. Hence mommies are really very wei da!



Stopping BF naturally: As we are getting ready to start our bb on solid food, I think some mommies are also planning to stop BF at 6th month. The question I have in mind is, how to stop BF naturally? For mommies who have stopped BF, how did you all do it? How long did it take to stop naturally? If use medication to stop, how long does it takes?

 
Irene: I never let my bb latch on all the while..

i only give her EBM..will pumping the milk cause my menses to stop?

Other july mummies alr got period after giving birth?

 
Irene: i stop to pump my milk now..after 2 days, i feel that i nvr encounter engorgement..i think if wanna to stop ur supply, must stop pumping..

ps: dun ever eat medicine to stop ur supply, cos it ll caused reduce ur milk supply if you have 2nd bb later (this is what i heard from my cl & my fren's mum because they encountered the same thing b4)

 
Mrslong

My hb is the one who feed bb in the night & morning after CL left..there r times my hb get angry and loses his patience too, I supposed it's part of the process..



I will slow talk with my hb to calm him down and said it's your own bb, you made me pregnant asked me to give birth den it's your part of responsibility to take care as promised..

 
Hmm from wad I read if u wanna stop BFing u still need to pump.

But when u pump dun empty, just pump 5 mins when u engorged or until u feel more comfy.

So ur body knows u need lesser milk & supply will start to decrease.

Alternatively put cabbage leaves. Every few hrs change the leaves…



Everytime I see myself waking xtra early to pump, bringing the pump to & fro work, I also tell myself to give up and life will be easier.

Too tiring.

But i cant bear to...

 
Carol - so long your producing milk, think will delay menses.



Irene - like what SK said, cannot stop pumping suddenly. SHorter pumping and longer gap should be able to stop naturally.



junie - its very nerve wrecking when BB cries/wails. So one is not very patient one, can get very fed up one. If you have a way to calm your boy, say carry n pat or pop pacifier, tell your hb to do that lo... babies cry for a reason, its good to find the cause of crying.



SK - same here. every time ppl tell me its good to give BM to your kid. I will counter them its very tedious and time consuming and troublesome...such negative thoughts i wonder how I can sustain the pumping so far... kekeke

 
Hey mummies, I have a stupid question to ask. How do I eat when carrying my baby in the baby carrier I.e baby bjorn? I find that I can't eat with baby in front of me..

 
Thanks ica. So it's quite troublesome to bring my baby out in the baby carrier then? Have to bring stroller along if we plan to eat...

 
Kemeast, I will take BB out from carrier and let her sit either on the bench or let her sit on my lap if I am eating

 
Eliss: ya! in fact i was told giving BM is free.. but they nv consider the cost of the pump, milk storage bottles or bags, breastpads, nipple cream and for some, buying an extra freezer! and if i BF partially, still need to buy FM too. within 3 weeks nv finish, throw away..

 
Hi Eliss, I tried to do that but my boy's neck is not strong enough to sit for too long...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] is your baby facing outwards or inwards now?

 
kemeast: i eat while letting my bb sit on my lap ... as i m using the sarong sling, i sling bb while sitting in the pouch and tighten slightly higher nearer to bb's neck and put my hand across bb's chest. so bb got no chance to even slip off my lap. i let my bb sit abit slanted so bb's head is actually resting on my upper arms. then i eat with 1 hand lor... heee !

 
Hello mummies.



Keer13: If you ordering the Foogo container, let me know. I am interested to order too. Thanks.



Sito: Wah.. can understand how anxious u are when your girl got lost.. If I were you, I would have gone crazy liao. Luckily you found her fast.



I think when my boy is old enough to walk, I will buy those bags with a leash to leash him. Some mummies might think that it look like taking my son as a dog but better than having him lost. At least this is what I felt.



Sweetkiss: Starting we will hold Sophie for him to suck.. then now he know how to hold himself liao.. he can suck Sophie's ears very loudly one.. like very nice to eat like that. Even my westie is aiming to get his Sophie when he is not using it. I had to keep it fast but she will still go in search of it. Haha!!



When we press Sophie and she squeak, my boy will think it is talking to him, he will talk back to her one.. then we continue to press then he will continue to talk lo. Haha!! Very funny one.



Think this is the best toy I have ever bought for him.



Carol: For me, when I stop pumping my milk, it took me a month later to get my menses back. I remember I stop pumping my milk in early August and my menses only come back in September ah.



Junie: Guys are like that one.. sometime when daddy talk nonsense, i will just ignore and continue to do what I think it's right. But if I get frustrated with bb's crying, I will let him lie on the bed to cry it out while I take a breather before coming back to him. But at the same time, I will make the "Sssshhhhh" sound when comforting him. Seems to calm him down faster.



kemeast: The trick is to choose something easy to eat.. like fast food or rice or dry stuff.. don't eat soup noodle or something like that. That's how my hubby eat with the carrier.. he damn joker one.



[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4693661.jpg]

 
Ann: your hubby looks pretty pro leh.. My hubby tried and he dropped bits and pieces in baby's head. Like you, I also tried to put a hankie on my baby's head. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but once he wanted to eat noodles, really tough cos the noodles are too long. So I ended up feeding my hubby. :p

 
xbeanniex: Ya lo... tough to eat wet food with bb in hand.. that's why, i always try to bring a stroller if i can.



kemeast: If you realise, my hubby actually shifted bb slightly to the side. In that way, he can eat those fried beehoon with chicken wings also. But not soupy stuff la. Hehe!!



vernie: Ya lo.. told him to use the tissue to cover the burger, he use it to cover his head.

 
ann,

wahaha! that is such a cute pic - the hanky on bb's head! dun think my hubby will try that - he's such a hygiene freak *faint*



if i want to do like what your hubby did, i think i have to open my legs really wide [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i'm short, only 1.57m



kemeast,

i will also take the stroller with me. when bb wants to sleep, will put her down in the stroller. when she wants to see the world from a higher viewpoint, then we put her in the carrier. she's facing out oredi. and she can also fall asleep in the carrier but i prefer letting her sleep in the stroller - more comfy

 
kemeast,

oh, come to think of it, every time when it's our turn to eat, baby will be sleeping. she's quite understanding. LOL. anyway, my little kaypoh just lurves people, or rather noise, the more the better. she can sleep soundly when we're walking in the malls

 
Ann: My gal when playing with the giraffe will keep squealing “ah ah ah”.. like open her mouth big big want to eat but giraffe too long so her mouth always miss it.

Then I help her to put in her mouth, she will taste taste abit and frown.



Hahaha ur hubby so funny!!!



For me I am hose mouth leak hole one. When I eat, SURE will drop something, utensils drop, food drop or stain my skirt with liquids.

Even eat drumstick can whole drum drop on the floor. Dunno why!

So when I eat with bb in carrier, I also scared..

Once I happily ate pizza while carrying bb. Finish eating got a lot of crust crumbs on her chest. LOL!

 
Hi mummies!



Sophie has so much raves! I have not bought it for my boy cos I think it is very expensive..but seems like it can entertain bbs well. Maybe I should..lol.



Ann: Ur hubby is soo funnyyy! So far we have only rely on pram to transport bb when shopping. We eat after baby is fed and changed and zzzing, and we eat very quickly..haha. Have not bought any carrier too.

 
Sweetkiss,

you're very funny and cute! drumstick drops to the floor? not all the time bah..your baby must be thinking - it's raining food. hehe. but it shows that you really enjoy your food [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
charliebrown,

yeah, sophie is expensive but the colours used to paint the spots are edible, so it's quite safe. can consider - it's actually a teether. have been trying to get my girl to lick it coz she so like to lick either her fists or her toy doggie's nose. i'd rather she licks sophie. heee

 
am pumpin nw.2 big bag 2 work n pump twice durin office.i try limit by 30min finish include washin!argh,runnin against time!

 
ica - i oso only 1.57...hopefully my dotter will be taller than me when she grows up...haha



I ever have snacks like old chang kee while carrying my daughter in the ergo carrier...I already tried to get her head away from my mouth but still the crumbs will fall on her botak head... hehehe

 
Charliebrown: yes! Sophie is a gd friend! When first given to my gal she was like examining it, looking very serious.

Haha!



Ica: ya! Not all the time (I was exaggerating a bit) but most of the time. lol! i scared my bb become very 贪吃 next time cos always see me enjoying food.

 
talking about carriers...supposedly you alone with your BB in the BB carrier, how you go loo huh?

 
I will be very messy if I eat and carry bb in a carrier too! Maybe can attach those tiny umbrella somewhere on the carrier to shelter bb's head while eating. haha. Is there such umbrella?



ica: I think I also prefer my bb to suck sophie other than sucking his thumb all the time.

 
Eliss,

i think with sarong sling, it's possible but with baby bjorn, a bit difficult - lift baby up a bit? hahaha. unless go to cubicles with pull down changing table where you can strap baby onto it. Plaza Spore toilets for the disabled are equipped with such tables

 
Hey mummies, how much is sophie? It sounds pretty good. My boy keeps eating and licking his fingers and fist. Tried to give him pacifier and some teether but he prefers his hands. So may try Sophie if the price is reasonable. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
kemeast - contact Lotus lor, maybe she can sell you cheaper since she has many. Most of us bought btw 26 to 32...



I have bought teethers/soothers/sophie...but my dotter still prefer her fingers now her thumb ... ~_~||

 
Eliss: good question. Haven't tried going out alone with baby and carrier. I agree it'll be tough with baby bjorn unless like what ice says, find one of those toilet.. I've never tried going out with baby alone. Dont know how to cope. But want to try one day. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Eliss: that's what I'm afraid of. Dont really want to waste money cos I'm not really working now. And so far, my boy seems to prefer his fingers/thumb/fist. He pushes away or ignores all toys/pacifiers/teethers...

 
talk about pacifier



now my ger knows how to pull out the pacifier and at times attempt to put it back to her mouth. when un successful, she will go eh eh eh...



a few times, when she flipped on her tummy, her pacifier dropped and you can see she attempts to use her mouth to put back the pacifier to her mouth...

 
I'm also 1.57m tall, calling all 1.57 m mummies attention!!!



Our heights r neither too short nor too tall just right, and smaller build like us look young even when we age keke[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Wow sito, so lucky! Your daughter is already 7 yrs old! I start late plus mine is a boy so by the time he is independent, I'll be quite old already!

 
eliss.im using manducca n so far i go toilet w it too.juz lift up e pants or skirt wil do ehz.then my boy either zz or look infront.lol.wil do it quick if e toilet stinks!

 
I have the following items for sale:-

1. Similac Stage 2 400g selling at $15 (expiry 15/03/2012)

2. Desitin 40Oz - selling $10

3. Lansinoh breast milk bag 50pcs - 18



Self collect at Bukit Panjang, Clementi, Buona Vista by appointment.

Kindly pm me if keen.

 
hello mummies, i have started work this week and stopped pumping. anyone interested in my medela freestyle (US set)? used for less than 4mths, in excellent condition. note: this model does not require any special adaptor.



what's included? the full standard pack exactly like what's being sold in the SG retail store. comes with bag, cooler bag, icepack plus giving away free:

1. medela personal fit standard 24mm breastshield

2. milk bags

3. 6 avent storage bottles

4. large tube of NEW, sealed Lansinoh nipple cream



all for $350. kindly pm me if interested.

 


ica: about going toilet ah.. hahaha ! i go shopping and if need to go toilet, i will still go with bb sling with me.



hahaha bb will not fall off but many if not used to having bb at the start, bb suffered abit of shaking lar... hahaha now well trained ready ! hahaha bb will be position to side of my waist she can see me i can see her! then i do my small business lor...

 

Back
Top