(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Sito: your baby is so cute! Mine is kinna lazy. Doesn't really like to move. He just likes to sit there quietly watching or eating his fingers..

 


Hee Jaclyn, my hb jux told me today the blankie is the best thing I bought so far for my BB... >.< turn 1 round to shoot me for always buying "useless" things!

 
Quartie, I'm so totally into online shopping now. Its so addictive! sighz...and so very bad for my wallet...BUT it makes me happy!!! hee...

 
pris, how come you are looking for girl girl clothings??? Are you so addicted that you are starting to buy girl girl stuff like me thou I have only a bb boy??? hahaha. wonder if I'll still be so addicted to online shopping after I start work.

 
Pris I want!! Hee I oso looking at it yesterday! Initially wanted the combo set but don't have wat I like all in a set.. -.-

Yarhor y u nd tutu skirt?!?

Agree totally it's addictive... :/

 
yalor irene, cannot resist..so cute!! But I have a good excuse lah...hee..I have a little friend whose 3rd birthday is next Saturday, I'm sure she'll love it! ;p



quartzie...PM me which pattern you want ya, I'll consolidate and order..thx!

 
Good morning mummies.



Father & son can really sleep. Now time for mummy to get some time to her own.



Finally send my boy photo and details for making of passport last night. Soon can bring him to JB liao.. Haha!! Must make full use of my $70 before I pay govt again.



Yesterday, BB can really koon lei and he never drink much milk (200ml every 6hrs, scary). Think he hit one of his growth spurt again.



This morning thought of leaving him with my mummy, while hubby and I head to the mkt.. the moment my mum carry him, he cry very loudly. Only when I carry him, he stop.. No choice lo.. carry him to the mkt with us.. daddy carry him in the carrier.. ok for a little while nia.. he cry loudly again. Had to switch the carrier to me and then he stop crying.. then he fall asleep in the carrier lying on my breasts. Is he starting to recognize pple? Abit worried cause scare he might not recognize hubby next time round since he keep flying so much.



Allie: Welcome to the group, enjoy your stay with us.



Pris: Wah.. $8 per pair lei.. quite ex to me. Hehe!! Though very nice design. I just bought 3 pairs for $9 at another BP.. not as nice design as yours but much cheaper.



Sito: Happy belated anniversary.. 11 yrs is a long time. Your bb so cute.. mine just wanna put everything into his mouth no matter what things I give him.. cloth books, fingers, flashcards.. hai.

 
Hi mummies,



I have qns to ask, My boy now is abt 4mths+ liao.. so I hear that we can now start to let him taste some food right??



I bought the following:

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4703076.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4703077.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4703078.jpg]





All that can be start when bb is 4mths...

But I dunno how to get him start??? Anyone can advise me.



This morning I try to make the Frisocream for him, 100ml water + 3 tablespoon... mix & let him try.. was quite alot lor.. We put it in a bowl & spoon feed him.... He only eat 2 to 3 mouth (give an awful face) & start to cry liao... So in the end, no choice we make milk for him & he only drank 90ml(his usual is 150ml).....

Wat happen??? Shall I try again tml?? everyday let him taste abit??? or add it inside with his bottle of milk???

 
Ann

Did you go Jb yesterday? Bought any things? Maybe one day

We can organize to go Jb shopping together [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Jasline

I also bought the brown rice cereal same brand as you but haven't started on my bb yet, bb 4months old too..



Have check with my bb Pd, he said bb to start cereal best at 6months when their digestive system can digest better at that time..maybe I will start at 5.5months

 
Jasline

Not every bb is ready to try solids. There are some common criterias to follow and jts my #1 started solids only at 8mths. Slow compared to other bbs.



1. Ur child must b able to sit upright by himself in a chair

2. He does not have tongue thrust reflex



Did he swallow e food u gave him? If he did, he should not hv point 2.



If u intend to start him on solids so soon, just beware it may cause him allergy.



Jts as well, a lot of over the counter bb food has high sugar content. U may want to buy organic bb rice - just add fm. Or purée foods like apples, carrots fir ur bb. Dun get these ready mix.

 
I pump my breast 3 times a day, but still have blocked ducts..don't know why? What must I do to prevent the blocked milk ducts?

 
Ann, my hubby is always flying away for work too! and should be more frequent than your hubby...But somehow my no1 is pretty close to him when he's back so dun have to worry so much...kids know who their parents are if they are given adequate attention and love over time



jasline, somehow I feel 4 mths is abit young to start on solids ... If baby doesn't like it then start later... Dun put cereal in the bottle at this stage as the purpose of feeding solids is so tat the baby can learn to eat from a spoon... Besides tat frisocream is sweeter than other cereal brands... A good brand to try is healthy times organic cereal( you can actually add fruit purée to it)



sito, maybe you'll have to pump more often as i also had blocked ducts when I was lazy with my pumping

 
Thanks jellypurin n sugar...



Jellypurin,

Yes my bb did swallow the food.. Juz give him 3 to 4 mouth n he start to make noise like dun like.. So we stop n make formular milk for him..

Btw where can I get organic cereal???

 
Jasline, you can get it from the bigger ntuc stores and carrefour... There's a few types like brown rice, barley and oats... Personally my no1 liked thebrown rice

 
Finally got Sophie for my girl from Little Collete @ Paragon. Bb interacted so well with her! So so happy with the buy. Saw a lot of mudpie stuff there as well.

 
Organic bb food:

Just to share that my friend is selling organic food from http://www.happybabyfood.com/

If anyone interested can let me know and I can help to link you up with my friend.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4704799.jpg]

 
hi Irene!



Did not log in for a few days, hence did not see your post. I went back to office to settle some claims, my colleagues passed me some pressie for my bb for full month and one of the items is Sophie!! So happy! So far my bb likes the look and squeaky sound from Sophie, but he has not chewed on it yet..he still likes his thumb. lol.



Thanks for the thought to sell me the Sophie from your friend! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
I guess it's everyones preference. For me I will start only when he's 6 months old. How I know he is ready is when he can sit with us at the table properly and he looks like he wants to eat our food.



I won't recommend putting solids into his milk bottle, it might turn him/her off milk which is worse.



Actually its really best to delay solids as mch as we can. Baby gets much more nutrition from milk and it gives their digestive system time to mature

 
Hi, mommies

I have desitin creamy 4oz for sale $9. Exp 2012.

Self collection at Sengkang or local postage at $1

 
Hi Charliebrown: Glad your bb is enjoying the Sophie =) Good choice from your colleagues! I can understand your happiness when you realised that your colleagues gave ur bb the Sophie. That time during my bb full month, my colleagues gave me some presents which bb can only used after 3mth so I put it aside and forgot all about it. That day when I met my colleague, they reminded me that it's time to start using the present. When I came home and check, I realised it's the "Your Baby Can Read" DVD that I wanted to buy!!! So happy!!!

 
Met with a car accident last night, a car bang my car twice from behind,bb, my mum,me and hb were in car..



The bang was very loud and cause me to hit on my head,suffered from neck sprain and headache.luckily my bb and family was not injured..but bb had a very bad shocked kept crying from yesterday and today.



Bought bb 惊 风扇 to drink just now,hope she will recover from the fright soon[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
I like to ask whether any mummies still has the notes on sleep training. Could you email me at [email protected]? My baby girl fluctuates between sleeping 5 hours at a stretch and waking up every 2 hours in the night. She's on exclusive breastfeeding.

 
Hello mummies.



I went JB alone today. Bought 3 sets of clothes for Kayden (those kind that use at home one).. after exchange rate, $5 per set.. 100% cotton.. think quite worth it lei. Bought them at City Square.



I also shave Kayden's head today.. I think he looks really cute but then my mum keep saying not nice.. not handsome.. she also don't bear to shave his head and I went to do it. Basically never bother abt her comment.



Jasline: Woah.. u bought so many to try ah.. I order the Happy Bellies Organic Brown Rice Cereal. Had yet to let my boy try it. But when he is 4months old exactly, I fed him the Heinz one and he love it. Finish half a bottle. Of course sure will spit out some la.



Sito: Yeah.. we should organise a JB shopping cum makan trip. Haha!!



Glad that all of you are ok. Remember to feed bb a few more times of jing fen san.. One or two days will be better. Anyway, jing fen san can also help in digestion so no worries to feed a few more times.



Cherry: Your bb so cute. I like the big round eyes. Yeah.. Sophie is my best investment too. Haha!!

 
Julie

My bb was sleeping soundly in my mum's arms when suddenly car bang us twice from behind, bb wokeup and kept

Crying, luckily my mum carry and hold her very tight everyone is alright except me went to A&E last nite

 
Wa sito if I were u I oso nd eat jingfengsan... Luckily every1 was alrite reali haf to be v careful esp when there's a bb on board..



Ann I bought some home clothes at old marsiling central and tom&step tink oso quite cheap, u may want to try taking a look there. Roughly abt $5 at marsiling and $6.90 per set at tom&step

 
Sue,



Not possible for anyone to care for ur girl in the meantime? I can imagine how terrible u must be feeling right now



Sito: have a good rest. Hopefully ur bb will be ok soon

 
choy... sorry sue... think its better not to go the childcare. Can try take urgent leave? If u tell ur boss think they will understand de

 
Ann: wah! U went JB alone? So brave! Haha.. my mum buys my BB home clothes from CK Dept store.

Like 4 pcs $10. those with a teddy bear embroidered on the shirt and pants one.

the material not bad, quite cooling and can dry very fast after washing.



Sito: thank god u & ur family are fine.

Actually my FIL drives quite fast too. Ytd almost had an accident at a roundabout coz he didn’t watch out for oncoming vehicle.

He suddenly e-braked and everyone jumped.

Somemore my baby was in my arms…

 
fazzy: the thing is i don't trust anyone else besides myself, her teachers and my mum.unfortunately, my mum isn't available as well.



quartzie: she seems ok last time i checked. sigh.

 
hi mummies,

Morning!!Thanks for the advices given on bb carrier..

Sito: Sorry to hear about it..must take good care..luckily bb was fine..

Sue: can imagine you must be very worry n sad now..why dun you ask ur hubby to take leave or bring ur bb to ur parents' or in-law's hse?

 
sito,

you're ok now? phew! luckily everyone's ok, especially baby



sweetkiss,

oohh! that's so dangerous..how come baby is not in the infant car seat?



you know, driving at 40kph seems slow but the impact can be devastating when there's a collision. better be safe than sorry - put baby in the infant car seat! just imagine you're carring baby in your arms and you think that's very secured. you sit in the back, in the middle and when the driver jam on the brakes, baby flies thru the windshield...

 


Hi all Jul2010 Mummies



Sorry to intrude but need your recommendation of a good confinement lady.



I am expecting my 2nd child and EDD is end Jun 2011. I had my mum's help after my 1st delivery. Hence, I have no experience in engaging a confinement lady.



Would really appreciate if anyone here could help pls.



Thank you in advance.



Manuka

 

Back
Top