(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Hi sorry to interupt

I have the following brand new items for sale

- Boots milkbag x 4 at $10 each(3 in original box, 1 no box but in original sealed plastic bag)

- Blue egg milkbag x 1 at $7 each

- Pigeon nappy cloth x 2 pkts(10 pcs per pkt) softest nappy cloth as compared to other brands, usual price is $25.90 . Selling at $12 per pkt only

- 102 loose pcs of Pigeon disposable breast pads at $0.15 each

- Fisher Price rainforest open top take along swing at $78 (usual price is $199) It has very slight crack at the holders but it does not affect swing operation in any way. Used less than 5 times only

- BN Fisher Price Brilliant First Cot mobile at $28 (usual price is $59.90)

- Used Fisher price rainforest cot mobile at $40. Condition 9.5/10 Still have original box (Usual price is $99)

- Preloved Sophie the Giraffe at $8 (used less than 10 times)

All the above prices are for self collection at pioneer mrt and are BRAND NEW unless otherwise stated. For postage costs, will advise accordingly. If interested, please let me know at [email protected]. Thanks

 


I am on Hospital Leaved till 19t june baby will be week 35th, will start work on 21 June 2010. So i am thinking to get extend HL till 30 June 2010 for 1 week more.



I will start work on 01 July 2010, by the time Baby will be 37th Week. So just nice to exercise as my job require me to move around alot and hopefully can deliver by 7th July 2010 that is 38th week. If not just wait till baby happy to be out that will be from 22-25th July lor!



My ML will start as soon as i am going to deliver as i want to spent more time with the BB.



Sweetkiss: The disposal underpads can buy but if you want to save money, use towels put under the buttocks can rewashed and reused just like comforter..



Vitamins are good to take daily as supplements but if we are eating the right food and have milk to drink everyday we can get vitamins from there too. So up to individuals intake not to over take can already.



I tink KKH gynae gives Neuro Gain vitamins to me, expensive but i just keep it , week 36th i will start to eat, so that my breastmilk will be full of vitamins.. HEHHEHEHHEEE

 
Atomic: Ok. Will go la senza take a look.



CT: My DHA pill is neuro but not vitamins, vitamins is OBIMIN.



By the way after birth hospital will give us pills to eat?

 
Ceres - KKh normally will give Obimin and vitamin c after our discharge.



Other hospital i not sure.



KKh also gives 2 packets of maternity pad brand Kotex and toiletaries for mummies in class B1 -A2 class during the stay and baby maternity bags inside got phampalets , free samples of huggies diapers, avent free samples of baby bath etc..



For Baby they will give the Newborn pampers brand diapers small packet used during in the baby nursery till discharge.



I tink no freelah all will be bill to our billed accordingly. Noting is free in Singapore.

 
CT: but the underpads are waterproof, if use towel i scared not "safe". if it is clean i think can keep putting the same one under the bedsheet?



how come u are on such a long HL? take care ya..



ceres: i guess so, my friend and i are seeing same gynae, she told me she was given the pills in advance to keep and eat post delivery. cos our gynae is at TMC but she is delivering at Mt A. so gynae gave first for convenience purpose.

 
CT,

Wah, why on Hopsital Leave for so long? Everything all right?



Sweetkiss,

Like you, i would only be on ML from 38th weeks onwards. Giving myself 2 weeks to rest at home and wait for the coming of my boy. Hopefully he dont comes out before that! Still got so many things to do!

 
sun tan: ya lor! i will start my ML in a mid week. means eg. work till a wed, then thurs start leave. so that wont have Monday blues when we return to work on a new week! also read that it is advisable so that if we return to work, it is a shorter week to the weekends so baby dun have to adapt to having no mummy for 5 days straight.

 
Hi ladies,



tomorrow I will be in my 33rd week.. going to visit the gynae yay! Hopefully this time round my boy cooperates and I can get a 3d photo of him [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Mummies i on HL due to high Blood pressure excited during check up.



Gynae thought i got Preclaims but My blood test all normal than the gynae still dont want to the the risk. So asked me not to over work as my job require me to move alot.



I am active person so bed rest is like a life sentence to me. I still move go downstairs walk walk and even go office to drop by and check on my job being taken over by the Accounts Dept.



Tummy also too big walking and running around exhaust me soo much so i better enjoy my holiday now.

 
Our maternity leaved is 16 weeks times 7 days , it is not a complete 4 months.



So total including saturday and sunday and ph we have 112 days to enjoy with our baby.



Some companies are nice they give us 4 months solid. But not all will do that they will follow MOM rules that is 112 days.

 
im having prob finding sleepwear shorts.. tummy getting bigger.. and now, bb knows how to "push" at the area where the band is.. shes irritated.. so am i.. im plus size and with the tummy... i dunno where i can find shorts liao.. -.- helppp

 
Sweetkiss,

true hor, I nv tot of that..



U mommies gg to take the full 4 mths straight or just 3 mths n the bal 1 mth to be spread over the next 1 yr?

 
Serene,

I got a huge butt too. U can try cotton on. They have very big sizes n very comforty too. Now when I wear my sleep shorts, the band is below my bump so tat it won't restraint my tummy n be too tight.

 
Serene: Sleeping time is my most comfortable time in terms of what I wear. Cos since young i've always worn those pyjamas thats like a dress. So even my bump big or wat, it doesnt matter and its comfortable haaaha!



But when I go out, i have to wear those maternity shorts...

 
Ann,

Wow, your BB is really BIG.



I went for check up last Friday, this #2 is only 1.8kg at 32weeks, I think it must be due to the bilateral uterine notches condition I have this time. My gynae sensed my worry and put me on aspirin till week 36. I hope BB can take in more nutrients with my blood being thinned. I went home to compare my #1 and #2, ya, quite a bit of difference. #1 was already 2kg plus at wk 32. This #2 seems to be smaller...so me of coz worry abt his health...



Anyway, just to share with you ladies, my #1 was born 3.65kg while my friend's, who is 1 month younger than my #1, was born abt 3kg. Know what? My friend's child is now same height as my son but heavier! And both of them are more than 95% in terms of weight and height for most of their lives!



So what I'm trying to say is that kids can pick up mass after they are born...so let's not worry too much [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
ann, ya, your baby is big. when i went for last check up (31wks, 4 days), baby was 1.970kgs. i thought she was big! like you, i only 2.5kg since preg. oh, by the way, how come you didn't eat bah kut teh? you don't like, or not advisable to eat when preg. i'm going for dinner at tony romas tomorrow night, should be ok to eat the ribs right?

 
yup agree with phy.



my boy was pretty big when delivery (at 39wks already 3.5kg), now he is 2.5 year old, he is small built !



so size and stats are nothing more than just numbers.

 
my friend’s sis had to induce her baby cos the baby's growth was stagnant at 2kg+ & gynae told her to deliver so that baby can gain weight when she is out. and the baby has been really growing well after birth. now, she is 1yr and weighs like 15kg.

 
Hi Morning Mummies,



Long time nv log in here becos co giving me a lot of prob.



Serene: i got my sleepwear shorts at Toa Payoh. Can find not bad open front sleep wear too.

 
Morning mommies,

How you ladies feeling today? Recently, i starting having nightmares about labour...and last night i dreamt that i used 3 tubes of epi and that cost me $1.8k! Horrible..

 
Phy - I also take asprins everyday in the morning as my blood is thick so got to thin the blood so that baby can get enough oxygen.



Due to the thick blood, we are also prone to high blood pressure but not really those serious ones.



So gynae just say must eat the asprins daily so that bb can grow well. My bb growing well like Ann, less than 3o week already 2kg.



So i hope this time round just control my lunch cause breakfast and dinner i only eat biscuit and bread.



One more thing hubby blodd group is B+ while i am A+ partly the reason why at times my BP is high. So baby blood clash with my blood group....

 
huh my baby was 1.575kg at 31 weeks... seems so small leh. Today another check up , hopefully his weight increase else I will start worrying.. !



sun_tan: recently I am also getting very nervous about labour + afterlife with baby. The breastfeeding part is getting me most stressed up cos I am not sure if I can handle engorgement etc etc... I wan to give the best for my baby but I am scared I can't take the pain or stress associated with breastfeeding. So selfish of me hor [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
Jaclyn, my baby also only 1.5-1.8kg at 31 weeks. my gynae said is healthy weight, dun worry...



i dunno is it low blood pressure or what but i feel dizzy and faint every morning even though i ate breakfast. then i will have a bit of headache but after lunch, everything is back to normal...

 
jaclyn, phy: I think your babies are of the average size. Refer to this chart:



http://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart



If your gynae never sound any alarm, all should be fine. My baby is 1.96kg at 33 weeks, 4 days and gynae said that's the average expected size. So I don't think your babies are too far off from mine at 31 / 32 weeks. Most importantly baby is healthy. Looking at the bright side, smaller or avg size baby means easier delivery too, i would think? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Last SAT was my first visit to TMC after so many sessions with KKH AMK. Piangz the WC Change clinic is so cramped... in fact the whole TMC is cramped, turn here and there, you will cross paths with preggy mums and/or big prams... sigh... i think my BP went up just walking from TMC entrance to the clinic!! :S



Baby weighted at 1.8-1.9kg at week 33, Dr Tham said good size...I've wanted to consider Mt A for delivery but Dr Tham said the anesthetists at TMC are very specialised and good in O&B field and besides my C-sect chosen date is a Monday,crowds and parking should not be the primary reason to change to Mt A. Hubby also convinced so in the end, my C-sect date will be at 5th Jul morning!!!



Missed the 11am hospital tour, so gotta go earlier the next visit in two weeks time!

 
Good morning ladies.



I took leave from work today cos not feeling well. My left side head hurts (I started off with right side last night), feel very nauseous and pubic bone quite painful today. Every twist and turn in bed also painful.



Baby size: Ya lo.. BB quite big. Now hoping that BB grow slower. My mum say BB grow to one size then will slow down his growth liao cos no room to grow le ma. Hopefully so lo. Now my stomach already feel so cramp insdie. When mdm ida touched my stomach, she also commented that BB seems to be filling the whole stomach.



Eliss: I chose Mt A. Mt A also have good anesthetists. I will choose Dr Dicky Tan if I am using epidural. I am not sure if TMC ones are more specialised than the others though. Parking is also one main factor why hubby dun like TMC, Mount A got more parking lots. Haha!!



Yesterday my mum was asking me why dun go KKH. Got subsidy right even for single ward? I told her my gynae dun go KKH one. Only Mt A, Mt E or TMC. Moreover KKH stay single ward where got subsidy. Their pricing also almost or more expensive than Mt A or TMC.



Then my mum ask why not TMC. I told her TMC more expensive and further. Parking also difficult. Then my mum say not like you going to stay there very long. I told her also becos Mt A is nearer to us.. TMC is further up. So if emergency, of course reach Mt A faster.



Braun thermometer: I also bought from the same person which Jellypurin displayed. Quite cheap but the only thing is no warranty.



Washing baby clothing: I was thinking of putting the baby's clothing to wash today since on leave. The moment i made the decision, the sky turn grey. Dunno should I continue to wash or not. Being so lazy, i am using washing machine to wash.



Now my mum also getting kan jiong. Keep reminding me to bring the cloth nappies over for her to help us wash. I think she scared her grandson come out got nothing to wear, must go naked. Haha!!

 
Ann, actually my cousin also ask me to deliver at TMC. She was telling me how satisfied she is with everything there. moreover my gynae's clinic is at TMC so she was surprised i chose Mt A when it would be more convenient for my gynae to attend to me if i chose TMC. But my reasons also same as yours, parking prob & scared traffic jam... also dunno how to choose la... i didnt even go for any tours.

 
Sweetkiss: I went for the hospital tour at Mount A, seems quite good. My colleague also just gave birth at Mt A, she also compliment on the service provided. Comparing prices, I heard Mt A is cheaper cos TMC charged every little thing. Hubby is happy with the parking lots and close to our house, so why not. Like my 1st 3 mths, I always bleed, so at night always kanna send to A&E, took me abt 10min to reach Mt A. So I find timing quite good. Moreove if traffic jam, of cos wish to reach the nearest hospital which is Mt A for me.

 
Yeah...i like Mt A also. TMC - the traffic there is so chaotic. Even the inside - so cramp. Mt A just renovated recently. Got new maternity ward for single room. Hopefully i get to stay at the new one.

 
afternoon ladies,



RE: Delivery @ Mt A / TMC



I'm delivery @ TMC tho Mt A was my 1st choice but since gynae's clinic is located @ TMC, the nurses said it's better for me to deliver @ TMC.



Was abit disappointed tho cuz being a Catholic, I would like to deliver my BB @ Mt. A. And it's nearer my home too. Visited Mt. A for a friend's delivery before, quite like the place...more quiet & peaceful in a way.

 
Re: Wt of babies, grown up



my #1 was about 3kg when born but she has alwys been on the smaller side and we have alwys struggled with her wt but PD said if she is feeding well & healthy then nothing to be worried about so we left it like that for the time being. giving her Pediasure to supplement tho' [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Ann

yes, I also heard Mt A comparatively cheaper. i was charged for maternity pads (2 extra) i asked from them and also for my extra disposable bed pads. other extras i cant rem anymore but they add up quite a bit ..

 
good afternoon.. thanks for the recommendations.. i will go and see see look look.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



guess what... im having cough now!! this is the most terrible and the last to expect.. i HATE cough during pregnancy.. no medicine can cure type.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]



im trying to drink tons of water before it worsen but it doesnt seem to help.. my whole family is down with cough.. arggghhhh



i am gg for TMC cause we are not driving and theres a petrol kiosk beside the hospital, so hubby can go there buy coffee and snacks while waiting for me to deliver.. keke.. i quite like TMC lei.. got food... haha.. oopss :x

 
Hospitals: I think whichever hospital we choose, most impt is we like it and we are comfortable with it.



Washing of baby clothing: Oh.. check with u all.. do u all seperate the colours of the clothing? Or just dump everything together and wash. I seperate them up (lighter and darker), I scared the colour might drop off and stain the lighter colour clothing.

 
i jus went to find my previous hospital bill and thought it would be good to share with u ladies...



I was converted from 4 bedded to 2 bedded.. but was charged as a 4 bedded price..



Normal Delivery Mother 4 bedded 2 days - $930



Drugs & Medicine - $122.30

Medical Supplies - $21.80

Medical Laboratory Fee - $111.00

--------------------------------------

Total - $1268.06



**drugs include the pain killer injection when i had my induction pill inserted.. induction pills that i used to help dilation



Doctor Charges

Medisave - $325

Non Medisave - $675

---------------------

Total = $1000

Grand Total = $2268.06



**Medisave and Medishield Deduction

Hospital charges = -$1025

Professional Fee = -$325

---------------------------

Total Deduction = -$1350



Balance after deduction = $918.06

Deposit Received = $800

Payment Required = $118.06

 
Ann>> For hands-me-down, I intend to wash light + dark colored clothes together, cuz seasoned liao...so doubt will color run (if it does, then jialat liao...doubt it'd be safe for my BB to wear then).



But for new clothes, I will wash them separately 1st.

 
CT,

U also on aspirin har? Sian hor? The tot of having to thin our blood... first time I got this condition... sigh..



but ok lah, take it for the sake of the BB [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Sun tan,



Epi doesn't cost that much lah.. I used up 4 tubes... but don't remember paying more than 1k for them.

 
jellypurin,

Cos hubby and me were discussing about our budget recently. Knowing we are very tight on it, thus caused us some concern. Decided to go for 2 bedded at Mt A. I still remembered that this morning when i woke up, i told my hubby about the dream of $1.8k for epi and i still told him "heng we opt for 2 bedded!" lol...now recall, think i am so silly..lol

 
phy,

Really? From which hospital? Cos i think previously my sis gave birth at Thomas, she was charged $600 per tube. But anyway i am gg for Mt A and the avg is about $400 per tube..but dunno why my dream is $1.8k ($600 x 3)..hahah

 
tek koh,

For my #1, I gotta lock my fridge coz he keeps going into kitchen to look for food to eat! Gosh! I am very strict with his diet and he doesn't get to eat sweets or tidbits. But really scary leh! I bought 9 tins of Gain IQ 1.8kg in February, tot 1 tin a month for him is sufficient. Now left only 1 tin. Somemore he will 'beg' for the fresh milk that I drink as well... I also have headaches...sometimes he kicks up a fuss when we refuse to give him more food... so far he's not obese, but I am scared!!!

 



Back
Top